• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy War of Change (IC)

HorizonBringer

I can't drown my Demons they know how to Swim
In a small London village there is a comunity if people, but they arent people like us. Some of them look just like us, But some do not, some have horns, or tails. Some have wings. Some of them change into terrible creatures of bloodlust and pain.

But they all have one thing in common. The will to live. They are hunted by Echo Labs. I know what your thinking, "Echo labs is a charitable company that loves the earth! Why would they be hunting these people?" Well, Ill tell you: that charitable, friendly company is just a front. A front to cover up their movements in the shadows. Their true purpose is to wipe out all Supernaturals.

The Supernaturals just want to live in peace, like the rest of us. But Echo beleives that they are evil incarnate and have taken it upon themselves to purge the earth of these beings.

These people are in hiding, but its time for them to defend them selves, and destroy Echo Labs before Echo Labs destroys them.

CS Thread: War of Change CS
OOC Thread: War of Change

Last edited:
Blythe crept out of the small flat that she had recently rented in the village. She had neighbors, but she rarely came out during the day as to avoid them. Her black hair was pulled into a high ponytail and she was wearing a leather jacket and black jeans over a pair of combat boots, there was a motorcycle helmet in her hand. She stepped quitely down the hall, her amber eyes darting around nervously before leaving the door, and mounting a black bike and driving off. She rumbled into the parking lot of a small pub, and sliped in. There were a few people there, mostly the creatures who thrived at night. Thankfully most of them were introverted enough to leave her alone. She sat at the bar and made her order, amber eyes brooding. "Yer a lil young to be drinking eh lass?" The bartender asked as he poured her drink. She silently held up her ID and he shrugged and puttered off to tend to the other barflies.

Ezikiel was already at the bar. He swirled the amber liquid around in his glass. His yellow ram-like eyes were hazy and unfocused, and a gray coated ram bleated behind him. "Shut up Blazith." He murmured under his breath before setting a tray of peanuts on the floor for him, which he gratefully munched on.

SELF moved his latest host's body up to the pub, having fully seized control of the body of a homeless man a few miles back. He hated possessing unhealthy bodies, but this was the only one he could get on short notice without raising suspicions and alerting the hunters after him. It's not like it was a long-term thing anyway, he'd switch it out here and be safe for a few more months. But ugh, the smell was SO bad. He hadn't realized how foul it was until he'd possessed the man, lacking a sense of smell without a body. SELF decided he'd have his next host take a long shower to get rid of the feeling.

SELF briefly wondered where he should leave his current host. The guy just appeared to be down on his luck, so there shouldn't be any violence. He'd learned his lesson when a host he'd possessed had been killed by the host before that because SELF hadn't taken the medication his host needed and had been too close. That had been very upsetting since SELF had to then spend the better part of a day looking for somebody else he could use. Having made his decision, SELF had his host walk around the back of the pub before vacating the homeless man's body, leaving him slumped as if asleep. He'd wake up soon enough none the worse, Hell maybe better given the exercise he'd had. SELF didn't give his previous hosts much thought and didn't plan on starting now, so he made his way to the pub's wall...and it was covered in ivy. If he had a corporeal existence SELF would have given an exasperated sigh. Instead he moved around to the pub's front door and passed through it.

And what's this? There are supernaturals here. SELF's state of being still had enough of his original shape left to give a grin that if he still had ears would stretch between them. Time to find a few "allies." SELF blurred and seemed to be sucked into the black-haired woman's cell phone as he possessed it. The phone begins to ring.

Blythe frowned and picked up her phone. It was ringing but she didnt see any number or caller ID.
Ezikiel's head had begun to hurt when SELF entered the pub, the wavelengths that spirits put off messed with Ezikiel's telepathic poweres. He had stood up and walked up behind Blythe. "Answer it." He said, startling her. Blythe opened her mouth to snap back at him, but seeing the creepy yellow rams eyes and wickedly curved horns, she thought better of it. She answered the phone, and teantavly said: "Hello?''

The voice coming from the phone is...off. It's more like the phone is putting together the sounds than somebody is speaking through them.
"Hello, is this Blythe Huntyr? If it's not, then congratulations of your expert impersonation of her. Also: you're in danger. Congratulations on attracting the attention of Hunters, you really should avoid that in the future."
Actually the Hunters are following SELF, but he's not about to tell her that. Time to up make his pitch.
"In exchange for your help in stopping them I'll give you their location and help you protect yourself. Also you're going to want to recharge your phone, it's at 12% power."

Daniel, the kindest trained killer you could meet, was currently on his way down apartment stairs. They creaked slightly, causing him to worry that he'd fall through the old stairs. The smell of alcohol and throw up filled his nostrils, causing him to sigh and shake his head. Now, you may be wondering why he is here in the first place, why he is living in such a run-down old apartment complex. Well, it's because he's trying to keep on the down-low.

Once reaching the bottom of the stairs, Daniel waited for someone to pass by him, before heading off into the city. "It's lucky that those scientists kept me a secret from those Echo freaks." He would speak in his head, lost in his own thoughts about the situation until he reached his destination. At the moment, Daniel was wearing a thick, green, army-like coat with big brown gloves, green trousers and brown-laced combat boots. A lantern was kept firmly at his side, which some people may have found weird, while the large pistol was hidden in it's holster, underneath his coat.

upload_2017-9-10_17-45-49.jpeg

The pub was his destination. One that was secretly (I'm presuming) welcome to the supernatural kind. This is why the large fellow travelled this far across town. He felt welcome there the most. The seven foot-nothing man pushed the door open to the place and took a step inside, having to bend his head down a little. Newer patrons of the pub took one look at him and looked away even quicker, whilst people who have seen him before raised their drinks and said hello.

Daniel took a sit down at the bar, his upper body reaching far above the wooden surface as he ordered a drink. "A pint of beer, please." He'd say, his deep, yet sincere voice loud enough for the bartender to hear. A few moments later, he had his drink in hand, to which he smiled to the man. "Thank you." then he'd place the money he owed in the mans hand.

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-10_17-44-10.jpeg
    upload_2017-9-10_17-44-10.jpeg
    5.2 KB · Views: 1
Blythe's face paled, and Ezikiel grabbed the phone, "bravo. Your some kind of spirit right? Do you like scaring young girls? Well im a Telepath. I know the hunters well. They dont do the whole "recon" thing. If they were after Blythe they would have been here a week ago. If they're nearby its probably because you." Ezikiel glanced down at Blythe who was shaking, his horizontally pupiled eyes narrowed in concern. "Where are these hunters?" He asked. He recognized Blythe's symptoms. The sheer terror of the idea of the hunters catching up to her was cause her control to slip, and the Direwolf to Fight for dominance

( ._. ._. On the next post ill try and pull your character in.)

The phone produces static that sounds like chuckling. "You think they're after me and not her? How would they know I'm here? And do you really think they'd come charging in here? If they're after me it's because I'm helping you. We're in this together whether you like or not. As for the Hunters, well I can't say wha-"
Footsteps approach the entrance to the pub.
"-well, speak of the Devil." The voice now sounds sarcastic. "I wonder who that could be."

Ezikiel cursed loudly, "shit. Barky! Get all the non combatants into the cellar!" He barked at the bartender who opened a hatch behind that bar and a group of people filtered in followed by the bartender, "You"! He pointed Daniel, "You look strong, Take Blythe away from here, into the forest, and leave her there" he looked towards the door, "the rest of you get ready. I only hear about six of them." He pondered a moment, and looked at Blythe who was holding her head and looked terrified. He knew what Blythe was and he had seen what her kind could do. They would have sent a very large company if their goal was to kill Blythe.

He'd finish off the rest of his drink before any of the chaos began, luckily. He'd stand up at the sound of people taking steps towards the pub, his facial expression turning from happy, to serious. With a look over at the bartender, he'd nod, taking the girl who looked like she had just seen a ghost and throwing her over his shoulder, fireman style. With a kick on the back door, it flew open. "C'mon girly, it's time to go." His voice called to her as he sprinted through the back ally's of London, in the direction of the forest on the outskirts of town. "Don't worry, I'm not just running in a random direction." He'd calmly say as he continued into the forest.

HorizonBringer HorizonBringer

SELF decides that the phone is the safest place at the moment and accesses the Maps app.
"I couldn't help but notice you don't know where to flee. Let me give you directions."
He begins listing the directions to the nearest town.

Blythe shook against Daniel's shoulder, fighting the hot twaring feeli g under her skin. "You-you have yo get me away from people... and leave me there..." she whimpered.
._. ._.
"We dont run anymore, Sprit." Ezikiel growled into the phone, "they come here looking for a fight, we kill them."
Gravitational Force Gravitational Force

The phone emits loud electronic laughter before switching back to a nearly-human voice.
"You think they'll stop? You think they won't send more Hunters? You think you'll ever be safe as long as they're around? You have to end the threat, end the threat, end the threat,end the threat, enditenditenditendit......................-" The phone cuts off into static.
If phones could smirk the one SELF currently inhabits would. That should amp them up enough to take action. And from the fact that both Blythe and the Hunters had Bluetooth enabled SELF knew exactly how far away they were. Soon enough they'd clash and he'd be able to see what the beings he'd chosen could do. Fun. Fun. Fun. On. The. Run. Run. Run.

A little bit later, they were in the deepest parts of the forest, taken off of the path. "Look, I don't know what is happening with you, but if there is anyway I can help, I'll do it." The male would say, placing her on the forests floor, leaves crackling underneath her body as she was settled down. "I don't want to just leave you here, alone."

The phone buzzes.
"She won't be alone. I'm here after all." The phone goes dark and there's a strange feeling in the air as rocks, fallen tree branches, and other debris pulls into a humanoid shape.
Nature golem.jpg
It rolls its shoulders and flexes its hands. "Greetings lower lifeforms. Now will you deal? We can wait for the Hunters to arrive in-" SELF realizes that since he's no longer possessing the phone he doesn't know the location of the Hunters. No sense in telling them that though. "-soon. They'll be here soon. So are we allies or do I need to leave you two?"

Ezikiel looked at the phone, "no! Dont go after her, she is dangerous!" When there was no reply he snarled and threw the phone in frustration. Hed have to buy Blythe a new phone.
Gravitational Force Gravitational Force
"N-No you cant help..." she backed away from him "I cant contol it.. im a monster" she whimpered. She was shaking as she backed away "I dont want to hurt you.." her words were cut off by a peircing scream and she crumpled, her form ripped and changed and in her place was a a massive black furred wolf. The wolf stood five feet at the shoulder, so it was almost face to face with Daniel. She bared long knife like fanges and a low dangerous growl ripoed from its throat. It seemed confused that Daniel was there, as it is generally alone when it emerges.
._. ._.

SELF's vessel made of forest debris didn't have enough to make a full face, so his grin did not show. This Blythe was dangerous, but not to him. Excellent, she hardly needed any manipulation to go in the right direction. He hoped she'd stay under control, since he disliked having to use women as hosts. It just didn't feel right. He steps forward and then realizes his current form can't speak. No matter, there wasn't really a reason to be incarnated at the moment anyway. The forest debris falls back to the ground and SELF waits in his true form for the Hunters to arrive. Hopefully Blythe would leave one in good enough shape, he wanted to eat something.

"Hmm.." Daniel would watch as the girl backed away from him, the wolf having a mind of it's own as it took over her. Nothing resembled the girl in any way. He'd look at the earth-like creature near them, presuming it was the person from the phone, before it.. Fell backwards and broke apart? "Well, I'm not sure if I can help you with your situation, little lady. But. I can at least help keep you away from hunters, can't I?" He'd say, before swiftly making his way away from her. "Come on! A puny hunter has no meat on their bones! But someone my size has a tone of it!"

Gravitational Force Gravitational Force HorizonBringer HorizonBringer

The Direwolf bounded after Daniel with a visious ripping snarl. Her claws tore the earth as she ran after him. She quickly gained on him, a Direwolf's top speed would peak at 60mph.
._. ._.

( Gravitational Force Gravitational Force idk what to do from here)

( HorizonBringer HorizonBringer Introduce the bad guys.)
Six men burst into the clearing holding high-powered rifles and with ropes of ivy (potted in soil on their belts) around their arms ready to be used. They're wearing special goggles designed to let them see spectral beings, and one of them points at SELF.
SELF decides to take charge of the situation and moves to possess Blythe. She's no use if she's not stable and he'll bear the discomfort of her body if it means getting rid of this danger.
( HorizonBringer HorizonBringer Up to you if it works)

Once SELF entrerd her mind he would be face with an image of the wolf, and it lunges at him, expelling him from her body painfully. The wolf whimpers and shaks its head, distracted from chasing Daniel. It turns and sees the hunters. The guns they carry are not high enough caliber to harm the Wolf in the least, if they were to shoot her it would have no more impact om her than a bee sting. She lunges and lands directly on one hunter. There is a scream of agony silenced but a crunch and a rip as she closes her massive jaws on his head and shakes her head, tearing it off his shoulders. She turns then and looks at the other hunters, her coarse black fur is slick with blood, knife like teeth stained red. A low growl rumbled as she stepped towards them threateningly.

Gravitational Force Gravitational Force ._. ._.

"Dammit, manoeuvring through these trees is hard for a man my size.. To her it's probably like a playground." He'd say aloud to himself. When she was about to catch up with him, he'd duck to the left, using the tall grass and trees to buy him enough time. The six men that came into the clearing shocked him a little. "I didn't expect them to find us so soon.. Great."

Daniel stopped dead in his tracks, hiding his body behind a rather thick tree. "I didn't want to have to use this, but the danger is escalating. Less numbers, the better.. Right?" The man reached for his Lantern, switching it on as the ominous blue light shined through the darkness of the forest.

'Will o the wisp' Was what this Lantern reminded people of ... "Toten Sie." The German words rung throughout his head. Translated to English, these words meant "Kill Them."

He'd show his face, walking slowly with his gun pointed outwards. With a single shot, the weapon blew half of a tree trunk off, causing it to fall down and land on one of the men, crushing their legs underneath it. "Toten Sie.. Toten Sie.." He'd slowly reload, one of the bullets entering the chamber. This takes about ten seconds, giving them enough time to realise where he was.

HorizonBringer HorizonBringer Gravitational Force Gravitational Force

SELF was livid. How dare that beast expel him! She couldn't be controlled or possessed and that made her all but useless to him. Unless...
Self goes Daniel's phone. It seemed Blythe and whatever the other man was had the Hunters well in hand. He had a vessel for now and four ears to whisper into. This could still work out...

Last edited:
Blythe made short work of the rest of the hunters. The beast stood in the blood soked clearing for a few moments before
Tipping its head back and releasing a low sonorous howl to the sky. She then dropped her head back down and began tearing the flesh of the scattered corpses, devouring the hunters. Within a few moments it had eaten its fill, and its body shrunk back to the thin pale girl known at Blythe Huntyr. She awoke, covered in blood, naked and scared. She looked around, her amber eyes wide. She looked for a face she recognized, but thankfully only saw the torn armor with the name ECHO emblazened on it. She realized Daniel was in the clearing and quickly crossed her arms over her chest and drew her knees closer to her body, watching him somewhat warily.
._. ._.
( Gravitational Force Gravitational Force Blythe's phone is broken, but I can offer Ezikiel's phone instead?)

Like a robot, Daniel stood still, his gun pointed towards the people who were being devoured by the wolf. Daniel took another shot, but when the wolf reverted back to being a girl, the shot missed and carried on to pass through grass, eventually disappearing. Not only had the Lantern forced him to begin killing his enemy's, but attack his team-mates as well. He wasn't paying attention to the fact that she was naked, but the fact that she was still a target, someone seen as an enemy. The only way to stop Daniel now is either with Death or by shutting the Lantern off. The blue light shadowed over his eyes, causing the widened eyes to shine through said shadows. Daniel took another bullet and opened the chamber..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back