• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice War for the Underdark (D&D 5e) - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Actually, if you have something in mind or want to react to the roll, please do. I still haven't gotten to write the post yet. Or you can wait. Either way is fine.

Do I post the initiative result here or in the main thread?

I'll let you guys know my skill with dice is legendary, to this day I haven't met someone who has rolled five ones in a row like I did.

If I want Saria to swing her mace at the Kobolt on top of the dwarf do I roll a d20 and add my strength modifier?

If I want Saria to swing her mace at the Kobolt on top of the dwarf do I roll a d20 and add my strength modifier?
Great question. Each round, you get an action and you can use that action to attack. To make an attack, roll a d20 and add your strength modifier and your proficiency bonus, as long as you're using a weapon you're proficient in. You can also move up to your speed in total movement. You can move before or after your action or you can break that movement up to move before AND after.

Some abilities give you a bonus action which is, just like it sounds, an added action you can take above and beyond your one action per round.

And then there is something called a reaction that some abilities give you access to. That's a special action you can take on others' turns.

Sorry for the long explanation, but that's essentially the long and short of what a round is.

I forgot to add my proficiency bonus since it's a mace attack, it's +2

I forgot to add my proficiency bonus since it's a mace attack, it's +2
Okay. No problem. Just as a tip, I usually like to keep my attacks pre-added up so I can just roll a D20 and quickly add one, pre-determined bonus. The section in the middle of the character sheet for "Attacks & Spellcasting" is perfect for that.

I was thinking he was the last of his tribe, who were killed by some creatures coming from the underdark. He is seeking a way to find them and try and avenge his tribe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back