• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings War for the Iron City | Dieselpunk Warfare Rp

Sylvio

My mind plastered to your screen
Roleplay Type(s)
The Empire of the Iron City
2222d83d43c4e83e52521cfd4520e42b.jpg

"The Iron City" based in the province of Merric remains the seat of power for one of the strongest nations in the land known simply as The Empire of Aevos, ruling the continent of Aevos for less than a century. The city got its name for its convenient location being built upon fertile lands surrounded by wide rivers with bountiful mineral deposits and being built on the "High Plateau" a physiographic region that has been instrumental to the preservation of the city. Because of its economic and stragetic importance, an empire was built from this megacity and united the feuding houses and fiefdoms of Merric under Queen Alisia I who inherited the throne of the Godwyn Dynasty. Merric would see increased economic growth with The Iron City as its capital and her rule cemented across the province and began expanding into the nearby provinces through conflict. This had given a financial burden to the outer reaches of the Empire who relied on the outer reaches of the Empire to provide additional resources for its growing war machine as well as taxes and manpower.

The poor living and working conditions of many of the other cities had lead to a lot of strikes and riots that stalled the war effort. Queen Alisia had then died without any heirs which then started the fires for political unrest.

The Merric Civil War
worldwar2dieselpunk2.jpg

Wars in the neighboring provinces soon subsided as many armies were called back to enforce martial law on the province. The Ministry of War formed a junta based in the Iron City with the Godwyn Throne as their mouthpiece, the successor being the distant cousin of Alisia, Edwin of Amberland. The increasing martial law would spark many nobles of the Empire declaring independence with desertions at an all time high. When the Empire lost control outside of the Iron City, fiefdoms started vying for control as they had done in the past. The aforementioned junta of the throne had no more power to themselves as large remnants of the Imperial Army had defected to the other feudal states, who would fight for control of the Iron City. By the miracle it was prescribed, the Iron City was impossible to siege due to its elevated position on the plateau with an easily defendable condition. However while the city seemed impenetrable, it wasn't invincible to attrition. With the farms and mills under the control of the invading armies, it was easy to strive out the occupiers of the city within a matter of months, which had caused the city to change hands on multiple occasions throughout the decade long conflict and an eventual end of the brewing conflict. The feudal states had failed to revitalize their armies due to the destruction of the land brought by the civil war. The Iron City was left abandoned as it remained a bad omen to the people of Merric.

The outcome of the war however would see the neighboring powers prowl on Merric with their own goals in mind. But why are they here? To control the city for their own gain for industrial power or possibly bragging rights or maybe just destroy the city in its entirety?

------

Howdy and thanks for checking this out (:

The general gist of this rp is influenced by the artwork of Jakub Rozalski who's artwork influenced the board game Scythe and the upcoming video game Iron Harvest where the setting is a post ww1/interbellum like time period with dieselpunk technology and aesthetic. In this rp players will control an army from a country of your own choosing to compete with and against one another to achieve their goals whatever they maybe. This will also have a more narrative approach to ease stress if any so no one has to worry about being one-upped which is the primary reason why this isn't considered a nation building rp as the narrative will be focused more about a group of characters that you will create and control for the duration that you can write off at your own discretion.

A map is already in the works and will be posted along with the cs thread and both an ooc thread and discord server will be made and I guess we'll see how that goes.

General rules apply, no godmodding, op charas, etc.

No age restrictions apply

5+ sentences per post is ideal

Feedback and questions are always appreciated, I'm more than willing to make accommodations should you need them

Last edited:
I might be interested. Is there any more information on how will the nation building and character portions of the roleplay function and mix with eachother?

Jakob's art is great and Iron Harvests got a dope concept, count me in for some mace-wielding face-smashing fun lol

Jakob's art is great and Iron Harvests got a dope concept, count me in for some mace-wielding face-smashing fun lol
A rp based on scythe ay? Sounds like something I can't miss!
I love Jakub Rozalski's art, count me in
Awesome! This is a nice little group to start I'll set up a cs and ooc and as soon as possible

I might be interested. Is there any more information on how will the nation building and character portions of the roleplay function and mix with eachother?

Sure! The nation building component consists of basic stuff, what country you're playing, military equipment, the types of units you have, and your casus belli so this acts more of a war simulator than an actual nation building rp so there aren't components like economy building. The character aspect goes into when you perform actions like occupying villages or fighting battles with another player, you will write out those events in the perspective of those characters.

I also should mention that no player can destroy another person's faction and to make sure there's a balance, each player gets control of 4 regiments that you can mobilize that you can customize with unique types of units. You can write off a whole regiment if you want but you'll have to introduce a new one for each one you lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back