• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Want casual, fun, and anime-inspired?

moronface

boop
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

1598304430537.jpg
Mo | She/her | 23 |Cartoonist
Hey hey! Welcome to my partner search thread! I'll update this from time to time when I'm looking :) Currently, I'm looking for a a regular rp partner!

ABOUT

• - I freelance but most of the time I'm out of work (sob). So I'll generally reply fast.
    - Looking for someone who can reply back a few times a week!

IDEAS

• 1616386621781.pngAn old fantasy world with new magic. However, this magic requires two users; Transmitters and Receivers. Transmitters are hosts of magic but are incapable of "shaping" their magic into anything more than a harmless aura. Receivers are able to take this aura and manifest it into various forms and powers. But exactly how did this new magic come to be, and can these magicians really work together symbiotically...? (Think if Soul Eater, Hunter x Hunter, and Ascendence of a Bookworm had a fucked up child).

This one is apart of my most developed worlds, so we can either follow the lore below or go more original:

Not so long ago, four separate peoples took up the continent and lived in relatively peaceful times, united by one magical, nomadic being who would travel and solve their squabbles with their overwhelming power. This being was said to be a normal woman chosen someday to marry the gods in death (as they have a shorter life span) and blessed with their gift of magic, dubbed a "Princess" of magic. When this person reached the end of their life span, a new princess would arise randomly amongst the continent (Think: Avatar the Last Airbender).

Amongst these peaceful times, a foreign people (Dubbed the people of Hyskos) suddenly arrived, escaping from a plague that had nearly wiped out their home continent. It is said that the princess sacrificed her lineage to help save the continent from this unknown illness, and in her sacrifice, the power of magic spread throughout the land, creating magicians that are now known as Transmitters and Receivers.

Though with the rise of the Hyskos empire and enslavement of transmitters, many people believe the Princess's sacrifice to be the end of peace as we know it, and some even suspect the Princess didn't sacrifice herself at all...

There are 4 main territories:
    • Sami (Kami) and Vikings (Ruska) of the north. Mainly traders.
    • Mountain people (Andes), miners. Closed off and distant, hate the empire.
    • People of the jungle (Kemet), ancient and unrefined.
    • Empire Hysksos, foreign invaders who are expanding their rule by the second. They consider themselves a kingdom of Science and Research and are the main source for both magicians and info on magic.
    And 4 archetypes of magic:

Each Transmitter and Receiver are born with an innate, unchangeable aura that determines what type of magic they can perform. Transmitters and receivers must be compatible with this, else risk injuries or even death. In rare cases, those of different archetypes with strong soul bonds (I.e. raised together as kids, or generally strong spirited/equally minded) can work together, wielding unique “special” powers. Most train to gain this power, though it is incredibly hard to come by. In the ultimate rare cases, some special folk are able to master more than one aura archetype.

Enhancement
    Enhancement is the natural ability most common in the mountains & now empire.
    Enhancement basically gives it's receiver superhuman speed and strength. It can also be used to fortify them, as living shields.

Transmutation
    Transmutation is the most common among people of Viking & Sami descent. Since they are mostly traders, it would make sense their power would come from changing things to be more/less valuable. Those that fight can use this power to manipulate water, lightning, etc.

Conjuration
    Conjuration is rare, most common in nomads in the steppes. Conjuration is used for exactly what it sounds like, making swords and weapons from aura.

Manipulation
    Manipulation can be found in steppes and more commonly in the jungle. It can be used to bend objects, plants, and animals at will.

WANT TO DO A COMIC RP?

• - +18 only
    - Can be based on my world or yours!
    - Send me 3 samples of your art (no prior comic experience necessary)
    - Send me a writing or comic example!
    - Pitch me your idea/characters/style
    - At least a monthly or bi-monthly response time
    - Can be sketchy!

Last edited:
Oh my gosh!!! I ADORE YOUR ART!!! ISH SO GOOOOOODDD!!!! Like your style!! I just adore it so much!

That said, I would adore to do any of these plots with you! I have two fantasy plots of my own and one slice of life plot but am also really interested in the Receivers thing so uh yeah! Hope that interests you and I really would love to rp!

Oh my gosh!!! I ADORE YOUR ART!!! ISH SO GOOOOOODDD!!!! Like your style!! I just adore it so much!

That said, I would adore to do any of these plots with you! I have two fantasy plots of my own and one slice of life plot but am also really interested in the Receivers thing so uh yeah! Hope that interests you and I really would love to rp!
oh sweet such a fast response already :D. If you want to pitch your ideas to me here or via dm I'm open! I can tell you more about Receivers too! It's my most fleshed-out world so I have a full magic system, genetic system, and lots o' lore!

Your art style is so so cool!!!! I love it a lot :'-) And I'm super interested in your Receivers plot idea, if you're still looking for rp partners for that one! c:

Your art style is so so cool!!!! I love it a lot :'-) And I'm super interested in your Receivers plot idea, if you're still looking for rp partners for that one! c:
hey hey! I'm waiting to hear back from someone so if they pass I'll dm you! thanks for the interest :D

A couple partners dropped due to life so I’m bumping this!!

Last edited:
OMG I writer AND a cartoonist? Amazing. Fantastic even. I love your art and have been craving another RP because mine have been a bit dead lately :closedeyescryingfrown:

I'd be down for a cool high school drama plot if you're up for it!

OMG I writer AND a cartoonist? Amazing. Fantastic even. I love your art and have been craving another RP because mine have been a bit dead lately :closedeyescryingfrown:

I'd be down for a cool high school drama plot if you're up for it!

Awesome I’ll dm you!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back