• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Want adventure (sometimes with kissing)? Magic and monsters oh my!

Candystar

( I'm new to this site and floundering a bit... Please be patient? ^^; )

Looking For:

- Original characters only
- 18+ only (Adult RPers and characters)
- Gore and violence don't bother me in general, but let me know your specific triggers/nopes to avoid!
- My nopes are:
spiders, needle injections nope nope, anything painful with teeth alskdfj, graphic depictions of choking/suffocating, abuse to kids, sexual abuse to my char or graphic depictions of it to any char, and anything done for shock value. If you want to deal with a dark theme, please handle it appropriately instead of throwing out abuse or something just to be edgy)
- Open to romance but prefer more be going on in the story than just that
- Love found family themes with all my heart. Awkward adoptive parent/child duos, platonic friends who become like family, etc.
- Would love to do an RP where we each play 2 characters and go on an adventure as a group or something!
- I'm okay with discord RP or doing it on the site. I'll be faster to respond on discord, only because I'm not very familiar with this site ^^;

RP Style:

- I'm bi and nonbinary and polyamorous. Bring it on.
- I tend to write a solid 1-3 paragraphs 90% of the time.
- Novella-length stuff makes my brain hurt and I get overanxious about it and take forever to get around to it. >_<
- Can promise to reply 2x a week at minimum but will probably be faster! Work/life/etc. gets in the way though.
- Third person past tense, please.

Characters and Ideas:

A long shot but... the Beings in Love universe? From the books by R. Cooper? I LOVE her take on supernatural creatures and would love to do an RP set in her world... if anyone has ever heard of it, haha.

Plot Ideas (bold is who I'd like to play)

- Hardened warrior type & young dangerously powerful magic user on the run wind up helping each other escape from the same pursuers and both get tangled up in each other's affairs. Perhaps the dangerously powerful one escaped from someone trying to control them? Or can't control their own abilities? Or perhaps their abilities are attracting dangerous types? Maybe the warrior agrees to be a bodyguard, but when his own past catches up to him, they end up needing each other to make it out alive?

- Evil villain & the innocent person they love, who has no idea what their life really is. (This is inspired by the parents of another character I have. A necromancer who caused untold suffering across the land had one secret - a woman and child that he kept in a separate dimension, a perfect world just for them, and they had no idea what his real life was until he was finally caught and brought to justice).

- Two magic users who can create fantastical illusions are fighting against one another, a rivalry to outdo the other. (Loosely based on the idea behind Night Circus, but not in that same setting.)

- A ship (with sails and everything!) takes on a couple passengers (2 for you, 2 for me) during a low season for trading. It's a standard voyage... until there's a deep rumbling noise that stirs the ocean for a few rough moments... followed by an eerie calm. When night falls, they find the ocean full of ghost ships, undead sirens, and wailing lost souls. The waters have let go of their dead... and passengers become fast allies in the fight to survive. (If no one's interested in this one, I might do it as a quest ^^;; )

OCs I'd love to RP!!

Lucky.jpg
(Art done by a friend)
Lucky
(For a modern-day-with-magic setting)
A half-plant zombie girl recently risen back to "life," wearing a tattered sweatshirt with 'LUCKY' on the front. Her body is skeletal with moss, sprouts, and leaves. She's still struggling with how to talk, walk, and-- did you know colors have names?! (Perfect for pairing with any magical-or-not character you can think of... who happens to find Lucky wandering around a park one day and takes her on as a magical curiosity. There's plenty of mystery and plot behind her to be discovered!)

Teagan
(My only not-18+ char and really they're 17 and can have a birthday shortly into the RP. Originally designed for an Xmen RP... I don't know enough about the Xmen though, and they don't have to be in that universe! I'm bigender, btw, and Teagan started as a fun way of exploring my own nonbinary identity. I would love to pair them with an older mentor with powers who can help them figure things out, and maybe evolve into romance [if not *too* much older] )
Teagan was a teenage boy... to everyone else. They knew they were nonbinary, though, but aggressively tried to ignore their femininity to fit into their small midwestern town. And then one day they woke up with a giant black dog on their chest. A wolf?! And less than a month later... they woke up in an entirely different body. And the dog was gone. Teagan's parents, finding a strange teenage girl in their son's room and no idea who she was... threw them out. Which is how Teagan learned they had an uncanny ability. Their body randomly switched between male and female when they slept. The male body had an enormous black wolf that followed him around... And the female body had a brilliant white hawk. Now effectively a teenage runaway with nowhere to go, Teagan is struggling to deal with their new abilities (which come with actual powers they have yet to discover) on top of just trying to survive... somehow.

I also have a number of characters on World of Warcraft that I miss RPing if anyone similarly has wow characters they miss and want to RP together :) I love Death Knights, mage nerdery, dwarves, gnomes, and goblins. Would love to RP with my firestarter goblin, Trickpenny. Or help my lonely, hardworking Kul'Tiran sailor boy Tucker find connections with others.

Two on two adventure? Reminds of my plot with a certain set of twins~
One is a swordfighter with a broken arm and the other does odd jobs who longs to invent and create!

Two on two adventure? Reminds of my plot with a certain set of twins~
One is a swordfighter with a broken arm and the other does odd jobs who longs to invent and create!

Ooh that sounds fun! Does that mean you'd be interested in RPing? ^_^

Are you up for some kind of VR Game Adventure? It can have as many fantasy settings as you want but maybe also with a mix of futuristic modern settings? You know, having two different settings in one place, separated by just VR or Game world and Reality?

Are you up for some kind of VR Game Adventure? It can have as many fantasy settings as you want but maybe also with a mix of futuristic modern settings? You know, having two different settings in one place, separated by just VR or Game world and Reality?
That actually sounds very cool. I've never done RP like that, but I'd be up for trying!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back