• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Wannabe witches/warlocks search for long-term urban psychological horror/thriller

kevintheradioguy

Salt
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
0975d3711ba62fda92e3c7e3abacfd16.png
stakes and torches

In this day and age, filled with instant access almost to any resource and piece of information available, all so many turn to their phones and tablets as the source of entertainment, work, and study even in such a small and insignificant town as yours. They prefer watching shows and playing games to the heavy, dusty old tomes, which slowly become the thing of the past. Not you, though.

You have always been an outcast - albeit not in a traditional sense of the word. Life is not one of them popular among tablet-watchers shows filled with dumb jocks and skinny nerds, apathetic goths and queen bees like in your typical high school drama. But you have always had an interest in dark and macabre. It didn't make you sit stranded on a social island, but gave you a reputation of a... weird kid. Among peers, and teachers, and even your own family. "Oh, you'll outgrow it" is the phrase you hear all too often to give it much thought.

Truth is, life is all too boring when it's all about binary codes, and laws of physics, and you'd much rather have a belief in tarot cards and ancient incantations which would've lead you straight to the bonfire just some four hundred years ago. There's no harm in trying, after all. It's just a game, and although on the surface you believe in this, and you believe that you believe in it... deep down in your subconscious, you realize it's all fake, and you're just bored out of your wits. You're not afraid to actually curse anyone or predict someone's future. It's a fun game. A carnival.

You even went as far as to buy a pint of blood in the butcher's shop, and spend the last of your pocket money to buy black opium-scented candles (the only black ones you managed to find) for an old ritual you found as a wee kid, and promised yourself on trying. A "baptizing" into witchcraft sorceresses of old went through when promising their souls to the arts of magic when they hit adulthood. How exciting it was, going through something as dark and wicked, something as forbidden on your own birthday, as the family fell asleep, and a storm - just on cue! - brewed behind your window, producing just enough noise so people behind the wall would not wake up to the chants in broken... well, whatever that language was. Nothing happened, of course. Nothing happened. So you thought.

haunted-divider.png

shoutout

Huge shoutout to Brocilli8u for reminding me I had some love for this kind of scenario!

haunted-divider.png

what do i have in mind

First things first, I have never watched any "modern witches" films or series, save for "The Craft" (1996), so I am not really familiar with the usual tropes in this kind of fiction, but I believe that might just make it more interesting and "independent", so to speak.

What I have in mind, however, is a darker witchcraft twist, a sort of a battle with a young witch/warlock who accidentally summoned something powerful for their patron/familiar, and said patron/familiar for control. Whereas one is a mortal which can now take power from a powerful being, they are still young, impressionable, and most importantly: just a human being; while the other is an evil spirit to grant this power, but has almost no influence onto the outer world asides that through their "subordinate". If you have ever read "Spanky" by Christopher Fowler, you get what I mean, otherwise you can see it as Joker x Harley or Ryuk x Light type of thing.

I'd love to explore the haunting, somewhat abusive, demonic and horror thing, dwelling into themes of intimidation, seduction, power shifting, hauntings, fear, submission, blackmail and alike; akin to the thrillers where the main character, possessed by something, whether slowly gets mad and withers away, or embraces this madness becoming a monster themselves.

haunted-divider.png

what i expect

Gender doesn't matter to me! Although witchcraft is usually seen as a female thing, I really don't care if you're going to be a male. That being said, I do not also care about anything like sexuality, your character's looks or preferences. You do you! Albeit, I do not feel comfortable playing a woman just yet, so, asides for the patron probably being genderless, it'll take a more male-ish form at least behaviourally; though I'd put as much effort as I can to make it neither.

I'd really love to find myself a long-term responsible partner for once, who would not run away and ghost me after a week of a game, and would bring something to the table instead of just reacting to things that happen. I'd love to make it my primary game, and devote to it, giving you the best descriptive and emotional roleplay I can, and even doing as much as to narrate the story for you. That being said, this point does not mean "only 18+" and "only 10 years of experience", no... just your desire to get into the game and keep it going, and not just an idle wish to kill time in any way possible.

Communication is the key! I'd love to keep in touch with another player and hear what they want to play out, how would I make the game better, and what bothers them to make this experience enjoyable for both of us. Please, don't keep anything in so it'll rot the game away. It's better to address the problem. I'm a mature person, and will not just yell at you for asking something, I promise.

One major turn-off you might have - and I genuinely hate to admit that this is the truth - is the fact I can lose interest easily if enough time passes between replies. As these last few years have shown, if I get a reply every other week, I just cannot get into the mood and mindset easily, and have to quit for the inability to force anything interesting or consistent out. I'd really appreciate if I could catch an interest of someone who could be posting every other day, or every three days. Now, I know, things happen, and I won't hold it against you if you'll have to take a break for one reason or the other, but as a rule of thumb, I'd appreciate very, very much if you could leave behind a reply a two/three days.

I usually give out a few posts a day, the length of which varies drastically depending on a scene in question, mood I'd like to give out, and partner's length preference. Whereas quick, dynamic scenes akin to fights would be short and up to the point, longer scenes might take a dozen or two paragrphs. But I do not demand the same from you. For me it is only important that your post brings something to the table and gives me space to reply - that might mean a page-long tirade, or just a couple of juicy sentences.

In terms of NPCs (for the lack of better word), I usually do this: the one who introduces the character is the one to narrate for him. For instance, if at some point I write a jock approaching your character to start bulling them, that would mean I am to play for him, and lead his story wherever the hell I plan it; at the same time, if you start describing how your character interacts with their mother or their friend, I am not to take control of this mother or friend ever, since you have a better idea of what they are, and where you want them to end up. Absolutely negotiable point, of course, as pretty much anything in this search thread.

High preference for on-site local forums for a large number of reasons.

Third person, past tense. Preference for limited, although some addition of stylish omniscient can be really beautiful.

I live at GMT+1, but work nights behind the screen (same time I spend visiting RP forums), so for all the people from NA, I am usually online starting your midday and ending around 3 a.m. - that being said, this makes me more active during weekdays than weekends.

haunted-divider.png

Please, if interested, PM me with any questions or ideas!
Your input to the story is very important, and I'd love to brainstorm it.

haunted-divider.png

disclaimer

The intro or images are not representative of the final product, and are there only to show a general conceptual idea of the game in question. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

stakes and torches

In this day and age, filled with instant access almost to any resource and piece of information available, all so many turn to their phones and tablets as the source of entertainment, work, and study even in such a small and insignificant town as yours. They prefer watching shows and playing games to the heavy, dusty old tomes, which slowly become the thing of the past. Not you, though.

You have always been an outcast - albeit not in a traditional sense of the word. Life is not one of them popular among tablet-watchers shows filled with dumb jocks and skinny nerds, apathetic goths and queen bees like in your typical high school drama. But you have always had an interest in dark and macabre. It didn't make you sit stranded on a social island, but gave you a reputation of a... weird kid. Among peers, and teachers, and even your own family. "Oh, you'll outgrow it" is the phrase you hear all too often to give it much thought.

Truth is, life is all too boring when it's all about binary codes, and laws of physics, and you'd much rather have a belief in tarot cards and ancient incantations which would've lead you straight to the bonfire just some four hundred years ago. There's no harm in trying, after all. It's just a game, and although on the surface you believe in this, and you believe that you believe in it... deep down in your subconscious, you realize it's all fake, and you're just bored out of your wits. You're not afraid to actually curse anyone or predict someone's future. It's a fun game. A carnival.

You even went as far as to buy a pint of blood in the butcher's shop, and spend the last of your pocket money to buy black opium-scented candles (the only black ones you managed to find) for an old ritual you found as a wee kid, and promised yourself on trying. A "baptizing" into witchcraft sorceresses of old went through when promising their souls to the arts of magic when they hit adulthood. How exciting it was, going through something as dark and wicked, something as forbidden on your own birthday, as the family fell asleep, and a storm - just on cue! - brewed behind your window, producing just enough noise so people behind the wall would not wake up to the chants in broken... well, whatever that language was. Nothing happened, of course. Nothing happened. So you thought.

haunted-divider.png

shoutout

Huge shoutout to Brocilli8u for reminding me I had some love for this kind of scenario!

haunted-divider.png

what do i have in mind

First things first, I have never watched any "modern witches" films or series, save for "The Craft" (1996), so I am not really familiar with the usual tropes in this kind of fiction, but I believe that might just make it more interesting and "independent", so to speak.

What I have in mind, however, is a darker witchcraft twist, a sort of a battle with a young witch/warlock who accidentally summoned something powerful for their patron/familiar, and said patron/familiar for control. Whereas one is a mortal which can now take power from a powerful being, they are still young, impressionable, and most importantly: just a human being; while the other is an evil spirit to grant this power, but has almost no influence onto the outer world asides that through their "subordinate". If you have ever read "Spanky" by Christopher Fowler, you get what I mean, otherwise you can see it as Joker x Harley or Ryuk x Light type of thing.

I'd love to explore the haunting, somewhat abusive, demonic and horror thing, dwelling into themes of intimidation, seduction, power shifting, hauntings, fear, submission, blackmail and alike; akin to the thrillers where the main character, possessed by something, whether slowly gets mad and withers away, or embraces this madness becoming a monster themselves.

haunted-divider.png

what i expect

Gender doesn't matter to me! Although witchcraft is usually seen as a female thing, I really don't care if you're going to be a male. That being said, I do not also care about anything like sexuality, your character's looks or preferences. You do you! Albeit, I do not feel comfortable playing a woman just yet, so, asides for the patron probably being genderless, it'll take a more male-ish form at least behaviourally; though I'd put as much effort as I can to make it neither.

I'd really love to find myself a long-term responsible partner for once, who would not run away and ghost me after a week of a game, and would bring something to the table instead of just reacting to things that happen. I'd love to make it my primary game, and devote to it, giving you the best descriptive and emotional roleplay I can, and even doing as much as to narrate the story for you. That being said, this point does not mean "only 18+" and "only 10 years of experience", no... just your desire to get into the game and keep it going, and not just an idle wish to kill time in any way possible.

Communication is the key! I'd love to keep in touch with another player and hear what they want to play out, how would I make the game better, and what bothers them to make this experience enjoyable for both of us. Please, don't keep anything in so it'll rot the game away. It's better to address the problem. I'm a mature person, and will not just yell at you for asking something, I promise.

One major turn-off you might have - and I genuinely hate to admit that this is the truth - is the fact I can lose interest easily if enough time passes between replies. As these last few years have shown, if I get a reply every other week, I just cannot get into the mood and mindset easily, and have to quit for the inability to force anything interesting or consistent out. I'd really appreciate if I could catch an interest of someone who could be posting every other day, or every three days. Now, I know, things happen, and I won't hold it against you if you'll have to take a break for one reason or the other, but as a rule of thumb, I'd appreciate very, very much if you could leave behind a reply a two/three days.

I usually give out a few posts a day, the length of which varies drastically depending on a scene in question, mood I'd like to give out, and partner's length preference. Whereas quick, dynamic scenes akin to fights would be short and up to the point, longer scenes might take a dozen or two paragrphs. But I do not demand the same from you. For me it is only important that your post brings something to the table and gives me space to reply - that might mean a page-long tirade, or just a couple of juicy sentences.

In terms of NPCs (for the lack of better word), I usually do this: the one who introduces the character is the one to narrate for him. For instance, if at some point I write a jock approaching your character to start bulling them, that would mean I am to play for him, and lead his story wherever the hell I plan it; at the same time, if you start describing how your character interacts with their mother or their friend, I am not to take control of this mother or friend ever, since you have a better idea of what they are, and where you want them to end up. Absolutely negotiable point, of course, as pretty much anything in this search thread.

High preference for on-site local forums for a large number of reasons.

Third person, past tense. Preference for limited, although some addition of stylish omniscient can be really beautiful.

I live at GMT timeline, but work nights behind the screen (same time I spend visiting RP forums), so for all the people from NA, I am usually online starting your midday and ending around 3 a.m. - that being said, this makes me more active during weekdays than weekends.

haunted-divider.png

Please, if interested, PM me with any questions or ideas!
Your input to the story is very important, and I'd love to brainstorm it.

haunted-divider.png

disclaimer

The intro or images are not representative of the final product, and are there only to show a general conceptual idea of the game in question. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Last edited:
Damn this idea looks so good. I really wish I had the time to invest in what you'd need in a partner because we look like such a good pair.

Hi! I’d definitely be interested in this if you’d like to chat about it!
Sure. Send me a note with any ideas or questions you might have!

Damn this idea looks so good. I really wish I had the time to invest in what you'd need in a partner because we look like such a good pair.
Aw c: well, you can always just get in contact and save me for the future. I'm all in for unusual ideas and weird plots. And pretty friendly, I guess..?

wow, this is something I have been searching for for years and I'm so happy that I stumbled upon it! I've always had an interest in thriller/horror types of rps, but none of them really got off of the ground. I would love to give it a shot with you if you'll have me!

wow, this is something I have been searching for for years and I'm so happy that I stumbled upon it! I've always had an interest in thriller/horror types of rps, but none of them really got off of the ground. I would love to give it a shot with you if you'll have me!
Oh, send me a note with any ideas/requests then, and we'll see if we click c;

I am very interested in the idea though I'd have to admit that I'm kinda intimidated
I just joined RP this month, if that's alright with you I'm willing to try!

I am very interested in the idea though I'd have to admit that I'm kinda intimidated
I just joined RP this month, if that's alright with you I'm willing to try!
Maybe if you're intimidated, we can start with something lighter for you? c: I don't mind newbees all that much if they're interested, but wouldn't want to overwhelm you.

Maybe if you're intimidated, we can start with something lighter for you? c: I don't mind newbees all that much if they're interested, but wouldn't want to overwhelm you.
If you'll have me I'm more than willing to try it out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back