• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Wandering Iridescence (a haunted school roleplay)

withinasapphire

Please do note: This roleplay will probably have descriptions of blood and other things that can make people uncomfortable, so because of that I'm keeping this roleplay to those who are 18 and older. Do take care of yourself though, if you feel like you can't continue reading you can click away!

Anyways, hi hello to whoever's reading! I should start by saying I've never really ran an rp before, but I haven't discovered an rp that has scratched an itch I have. Of course, I've liked the rp's I have been part of so far, but there's a specific setting and all that I wanted. Which is why I'm having a go at this so I can scratch an itch myself. If you want something you have to do it yourself as they say! Oh, and I don't know how to code stuff so this won't look as fancy as others I've seen. Instead I'm just going split what I've got into little sections.

Assuming this roleplay attracts interest, the roleplay would start off at St. Parousia Academy, and continues to take place there...kind of.

St. Parousia Academy is a private, Christian school that a lot of rich kids tend to attend, although even if you aren't made of money you can still go. You'd just sort of be the odd one out. The school is a fairly large building with three floors to it and it's even got a chapel, as well as a second build attached to the first with a walkway, although this one only has two floors to it. Parousia has a strict kind of environment going on, as the school expects a lot out of it's students in academics, and failing or dropping out is seen as a shameful act. The school requires uniforms -- which consists of a white dress shirt, a light gray blazer, a purple ribbon, and a dark gray pleated skirt for girls, and a white undershirt, light gray blazer, a purple tie, and dark gray pants for boys.

Unfortunately, while St. Parousia had held a lot of pride and prestige to it's name, there were a string of incidents that occurred many years that had tainted it -- a number of students from St. Parousia had been going missing, only to be found murdered some days or weeks later. The very first incident of this happened in the month of September in the year 1972. Having originally been reported as missing, a female student, no older than 15, had been found at around 8:30 pm within a rarely used section of the school -- the basement. It's very rare that anyone goes down there, and it was only because of the smell that began to come from there was she found. Her wrists and ankles had been bound with rope and there was a discarded blindfold laying beside her. Her abdomen had suffered multiple stab wounds, but worst of all, she seemed to be missing her right eye. All that remained was a bloody hole where it should be.

Things didn't just end there though. After that girl -- who was identified as Christine Allan -- had been found, one after another the students of St. Parousia just seemed to keep disappearing only to be found in bloodied remains some time later. Parents were panicked in response, as well as the local public, and the principal -- Principal Enfield -- was at a complete loss on how to handle the situation. A number of investigators had been assigned to these cases that only seemed to keep piling up, but after yet another reported disappearance had been brought to their attention, things just didn't seem to be looking up.

Until, time passed, and there wasn't another missing kid in days, then weeks, then months. The murderer hadn't even been caught, there hardly was much evidence or leads to go off of at the scenes where the kids had been found, the only connection between the victims being Parousia's uniform. But still..not having to hear some other kid had gone missing gave everyone the smallest sense of relief.

There was one last kid from St. Parousia that had been added to the list of the deceased before that, though. Her name was Robin Moore, and unlike the others she hadn't gone missing. Rather, she was found collapsed on the floor in the bathroom by her mother, with numerous stab wounds to the throat. A bloody knife laid beside her. It was determined that the wounds must have been self-inflicted. When asked, her distraught mother responded that she couldn't think of a reason as to why Robin would do that to herself. She was such a happy, kind child and seemed to really love school.

Years passed, and eventually the cases had grown cold, and ultimately became just a bad memory. A scar that never properly healed for St. Parousia.

As the years crawled away, Principal Enfield had given up his position as principal. Some of the faculty noted that he had seemed more agitated in the days leading up to his final day as principal, and he was often seen muttering to himself. They reasoned it must have been the stress getting to him, all of those murdered kids had been a lot for everyone to handle.

Along with Principal Enfield, one of St. Parousia's most beloved teachers -- Mr. Atwood -- had announced he would be quitting in his position as a teacher. Quite a few students had been upset at the news as Mr. Atwood was one of the more cooler teachers who had a way of making learning fun. But it must have been hard on him, having to see some of his own students go missing only to be found dead later, it was understandable if he couldn't go on teaching after that.

A few days later, Mr. Atwood was found hanging from a noose in his home. The words "I failed" had been written on the wall exactly three times. Along with Mr. Atwood, Principal Enfield was found dead in his home as well -- it was..a bloody sight, his ear was missing and he had a pair of scissors jammed into his chest. These two incidents shook everyone to their core, but just as they thought the murders would start anew, there weren't any more reported deaths after that. But nobody could really seem to relax like they had previously.

Now, in the present. Maeve Caddel -- a laidback girl who doesn't care that much for St. Parousia's elite nature, and hangs out with whoever she wants to -- has just learned about the many murders that had occurred to St. Parousia students, including the teacher and principal, all those years ago. Her grandmother was the one who offhandedly mentioned it one day, having been a student herself when it all happened. Now intrigued, Maeve brings up the topic to some friends the next day, wondering if this was something they had known about their school. But suddenly, mid-conversation, what appeared to be a big hole opened up underneath them all, sending them plummeting into it's darkness below.

Upon waking up, the group finds themselves in a place much like their own school. Except it's all run down and dilapidated, and..there's a piece of paper hung up next to the chalkboard that reads: "A reminder to all students, due to the recent wave of disappearances it's recommended that everyone keep their classmates in their sights as much as possible. Stay together in groups if you must. Also, do take care on your way home. We will get through this. - Principal Enfield." There's a date at the top that says 'December 12, 1972'.

Just what is this place? Is there a way out? And is it possible to unravel the mysteries surrounding all the deaths, or will the group become one of the many ghosts roaming this odd building?

A lot of students from St. Parousia were killed by someone in 1972, and have somehow been sent to this old building that resembles St. Parousia in every way. Now having become ghosts that haunt this place, it seems that the ghosts here have powers of some sort -- and they only have one and one only. What these powers are could just be your typical ghost things (teleportation, telekinesis, etc). Christine herself has the power of possession, for example. Or, they have some other power that you don't think of when you think of ghosts. Just, with this, make sure this power isn't something too OP, and that it has it's own weaknesses and limitations.

The ghosts also have colors to them that lets you kinda know what their deal is! Here's what each color means:

Blue: The ghosts who's spirit is blue are the non-violent ones. They won't hurt you, and are the ones who might be more willing to lend their help to others. Typically the blue spirits have come to terms with their death and while they still are sad about it, they are just looking to heal.

Red: The ghosts who's spirit is red are the most violent ones. They will hurt you, and maybe taunt you while they're at it. Most likely to laugh in your face if you come to them for help. Usually it's the red spirits who are in the most turmoil over their death, and their anguish and regrets have transformed into hate and envy.

Green: The ghosts who's spirit is green are the neutrals of the group. They don't help nor hinder the blue and red spirits, and prefer to do their own thing. These spirits are rarely seen in comparison to red and blue as they don't seem to want anything to do with anybody and will hide away somewhere instead. It's the green spirits who have not seem to have processed their own death, and seem to prefer to keep it out of their mind instead of facing it.

Gray: The ghosts who's spirit is gray are the ones who are too caught up in their own thoughts to notice you. They are the deniers of their own death and refuse to believe what really happened to them is..well, real. They aren't either non-violent or violent, but rather are just looking for someone to tell them that this was all just a dream. These spirits commonly turn into red spirits once they've realized what had happened to them truly did happen for real, although there can be exceptions where these spirits instead change to blue or maybe even green. Spirits that have only just arrived tend to start out as this color.

And on that note, yes, the ghosts can change to different colors! It mostly changes depending on how they are handling their death.

- I'm looking for literacy and detailed posts! Don't just type up a few sentences, try to add some more to it!

- This is mostly a personal preference, but if I get a CS up assuming this gains interest, please just describe your character's appearance! Don't use a picture of an anime character (or art by other people), just give me a description of what your character looks like!

- Now while I say that, it's okay if your character looks like an anime character! Go crazy on the blue and pink hair with the red eyes. Maeve herself has hair that looks like a perwinkle-ish color.

- Also if you do romance, don't let things go beyond PG-13 please.

- Lastly, be nice and respectful to other people! I wanted to do this for fun and I'd rather not deal with drama thank you very much

- Oh and I don't know how many players I'm looking for, but I'll probably close this up when I think there's enough people

CS is up!

I'm going to try and get up a post to kick off the rp, I've been thinking it could start off in a classroom right after class had ended and there could be a moment that takes place there, right before they all get dragged off to some odd haunted building of course! Though if any of you have something you want to add or something, feel free to say so!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back