• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Waking Worlds and Curious Faces -- Yogscast RP

"Oh I never said yours were to inspire change. You're the kind of person pretty dead set in their ways, last I checked, Lalna... though an apprentice... I'll give you that, I never expected that out of you."

"You weren't exactly a social person back in the old world... and you've not strike me as the person with the patience to train someone... let alone the respect." Rythian muttered.

“Ha! I still wouldn’t say I have the patience. When I first took Nano on as an apprentice, she didn’t even know how to hold a pickaxe correctly. So I taught her how to use a mining quarry.” He smiled, “Hell, I made her fight her first wither within the week. As for respect I’m not quite sure if you mean respect for Nano or respect for myself.”

"So does she know the basics of survival, Lalna? Did you have enough patience to teach her that, or did you skip to the tech that she won't be able to access immediatly if she ever gets lost?" Rythian said with a raised eyebrow, his tone flat and unamused. He didn't speak to the respect aspect.

“Gods, every time you talk you talk so silly. I’ve been teaching her as we go, she knows basics I’m pretty sure. She’s been managing figuring out witchery herself, so she probably has at least some stuff figured out.”

Rythian shook his head with a sigh, "And how do you think I talk, Lalna? What do you find so goddamned bemusing about it?"

“The fact that you’d use bemusing in your sentence. The fact that you have such little trust, it’s almost like you’re constantly criticizing me. The fact that you just have such a quote on quote ‘weight’ to your silly words. It’s all just silly.”

"Words are powerful things, Lalna, you shouldn't underestimate them... They've toppled entire kingdoms." Rythian squinted, "And besides, shouldn't a scientist understand that? And what if I am criticizing you, Lalna?"

“Hmph, wouldn’t surprise me. You always have been so— how would I even say it. No idea. You’re just so dramatic about everything. I’m not surprised about it though, considering things.” Lalna glanced towards Nano to make sure she was doing ok.

"Things like what, Lalna?"

Nano, luckily, was asleep. Curled up among herself quietly as her sides rose and fell with each breath. She was okay.

“I didn’t know much about you back in the first world, hell I still don’t know much about you. But I’m assuming you were at least a little different before the— first worlds end...” satisfied that Nano was doing ok, he picked up a little stone and fiddled with it.

Rythian frowned, silent for just a beat too long, "And why would my past make you believe that I'm dramatic. I'm not."

Lalna shrugged, “I just think it changed you. At least changed your attitude towards others— or I guess mostly just me.” He said this quietly, not focusing on much but the stone.

He remained silent, looking outside the cave from where he sat and keeping to himself. Whatever Rythian's past was... what Lalna had said had certainly struck a cord. And the mage no longer had anything to say.

Lalna looked up from the pebble he was fiddling with, tilting his head slightly. His expression didn't reveal anything beyond mild curiosity. He didn't bother asking further about it though. He tossed aside the stone at the cavern wall, it made a little plink off the surface. It was probably going to be a long night of silence now, not that he minded that much.

For a long while they sat in silence and then Rythian sighed, "Fine, if you're so adamant about taking the first watch, then do so. But if you don't wake me up for second watch, we're going to have more problems than we already do." He muttered, and shut his eyes. Begrudgingly, but Rythian was finally backing down on something.

Lalna only nodded once, looking directly at Rythian for the first time in a while since their conversation had started, before looking out into the night, picking up another stone and squeezing it in his palm. He'd stay guard, keep Nano safe, and keep an eye on the moon until it was towards mid night.

The night past in relative silence. Occasionally there was a rustle outside, but nothing ever came close enough to be concerned. And soon midnight reached it's peak.

Lalna was still holding watch, as well as just trying to stop from being bored out of his mind. When it had finally turned midnight he had made a little 'castle' out of the pebbles laying around. He sighed, getting up with a joint in his leg cracking from the lack of movement. He stretched before wandering over to where Rythian had set up to rest for the night. He sat down next to the mage and just stared at him a while. Mostly thinking over how the hell to wake him up. Tapping him on the shoulder might make him jump up and stab him, saying something too loud might wake up Nano, maybe if he just threw a pebble at him from a distance...

And Rythian slept soundly while Lalna tried to make up his mind on how to wake the mage. He seemed quite peaceful like this, silent and not an ounce of anger or frustration on his face. Course, it was also weird to sleep with a mask over one's mouth, but those reasons were already seen as well.

Rythian flinched and opened his eyes, glaring at Lalna. His eyes were a deep frustrated violet now, "Really? Was that called for?"

“Oh suck it up, it was a pebble not a boulder. It’s your turn for watch, nothing happened so far just a few night animals I think, rustling in the bushes. No monsters though.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back