• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Waking Dreams

avis

Resident Birb

latest

Every year, thousands of people die in their sleep. It's a perfectly natural phenomenon.

Except when it isn't.

Sometimes, dreamers are lead to their dooms by another force.
Eternal Dreamers, those who have transcended the waking world, and have taken on a life inside the collective subconscious of life. Inside their realm they have nearly limitless power. Most use it benevolently. Some however, let this power go to their heads. They are known as Nightmare Walkers, those who go from dream to dream, spreading mischief and fear, and sometimes, death.

Most humans can't stop them. They simply aren't aware of their presence in dreams. However, there is one class of human that can not only sense the Nightmare Walkers, but they can also fight them. Lucid dreamers, those who retain consciousness within dreams. Within their own dreams, they are a god, able to create and destroy at will. Sometimes, they run into another god, a force within their own subconscious they can't seem to best. Those are the Nightmare Walkers. Unlike most dreams, they can't assert complete control over a lucid dreamer's dream, and are often beaten or forced out.

But they have a plan.

------------------------------------------------------------

December 17, 2017. The night 1 million lucid dreamers would go to sleep, many would never awaken again. That night, the consciousnesses of 1 million people would be ripped from their bodies. Planted in the realm of the Nightmare Walkers, they were given dream avatars, replicas of their own bodies. These avatars could feel anything they could in the waking world. Pain, hunger, it was all there. Although they didn't have to worry about one thing. Time. As long as they were in the dream, time would stand still in the waking world.

The dreamers were given a challenge. Defeat the six Nightmare Walkers, and they could all go free. With one catch. If they died, they would die in the waking world as well. Their powers were diminished as well, although not entirely gone.

1 million warriors V.S 6 Gods of Dreams.

While some fall and panic, others rise to the occasion. What will become the fate of these warriors?
find out next time on Dragon Ball Z

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so that's about it on plot. If you want to RP one of the Nightmare Walkers, PM me~! If you have any questions or comments, comment below~!

Update: The thread is totally ready for sign-ups! We need quite a few more people before we can start, so if you're ready head on over~!

(I know it's finals week where I am so I understand any lateness lol)

I am interested in this RP, but I have a question.

Looking at the character sign-up, what would having a high level of lucidity mean? Low level? What does controlling one's dream exactly mean?

Basically, once your character is lucid in a dream, what can they do without waking up? How clear is the dream world to them? How much can they control?

Low level lucidity would be if the character had a fuzzy dream world, and wasn't quite conscious within the dream. They would have vague control over their actions, but it still feels guided by the subconscious. They would only have the senses of sight and hearing within the dream, and they couldn't do much without shocking themselves awake.

Higher level lucidity would be a clearer dream world, one they have complete autonomy in. They could utilize multiple senses, being able to smell, feel, and even taste things in the dream. They can create dream characters, change the setting of their dream, fly, all without waking up suddenly.

Medium levels can be anything in-between that. The character might be able to fly, and the dream would be pretty clear, but they wouldn't be able to taste things or change the setting of the dream without waking up, etc.

Hope that clears things up a bit~!

@Lenny

Users who are viewing this thread

Back