• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Wake Up As Someone Else (CLOSED)

Inky Momma

Normal Is Boring
Kinda been thinking about this for a while, mostly want to see if anyone would be interested.

You could almost consider this as an AU of yourself...literally.
I think it'd be fun but also terrifying to wake up as someone else. You don't have your personal belongings, you have whatever they have and you never know if you're going back to your old life, and you never know if this is a one time thing and you're stuck with this new life, or if it's going to happen again and wake up as someone else again. Hell, you could be in a completely different state, country, etc. You never know. The whole point of it is - How would you cope? How would you continue? Would you try to make the best of it? Would you own this new life? Start over? Would you learn more about this person you've become? Would you contact the people who were in your other life? Would you dare to contact yourself?

I don't really have a plot set up yet other than that, but I have a few ideas to make it interesting if anyone would like to try this (:
Might move this to the offsite forums if people would like to do this on discord.
If you're interested we could talk about your character(s) and mine as well and what we could do ^^

People who show interest can play the role of each other's switched lives if you'd like!

Last edited:
-How will the post requirements be?

-What sort of faceclaims are to be expected?

-What restrictions are there to the type of characters we could play/ that our characters could become?

-How will the post requirements be?

-What sort of faceclaims are to be expected?

-What restrictions are there to the type of characters we could play/ that our characters could become?
  1. Post requirements can go as low as 5 sentences. Detail in all replies are preferred, makes it more interesting. (Semi-Literate level). Preferably written in third person.
  2. Faceclaims should be humans, otherwise try to not have the same faceclaim as someone else's character. (If you'd like a faceclaim that someone already has, then at least make some kind of unique edits to make them similar/different if possible).
  3. I would say there aren't a lot of restrictions that I could think of. I'm fairly open/relaxed when it comes to character creation. If we need to we can discuss more about this if anything needs to be clarified.
    The only real restriction I can think of is: You can't wake up as someone who looks exactly like you, or someone with a life that's almost a copy of yours, it wouldn't make it fun for development. Try to make it completely different than your previous life, that way you have trials to go through. Does that make sense?
Hope that answered your questions <3

Faceclaims should be humans, otherwise try to not have the same faceclaim as someone else's character. (If they're the same then at least make some kind of unique edits to make them similar/different if possible).
I meant the style of faceclaim. Anime, photos, realistic art, cartoon, all examples of styles.

Hmmm...I see. I'll wait to see who joins and check on their preferences then. I'm really on the fence cause the logistical side isn't too favorable to my preferences but I do have an idea I'd really like to try on this sort of plot. So I'll hold my interest to whether the other people who join seem like my type.

Hmmm...I see. I'll wait to see who joins and check on their preferences then. I'm really on the fence cause the logistical side isn't too favorable to my preferences but I do have an idea I'd really like to try on this sort of plot. So I'll hold my interest to whether the other people who join seem like my type.
That is totally fair, I don't blame ya for doing so! I know there's not really a whole lot of information to go off right now. I'm honestly pumped if people decide to go for it (: Let me know if there is anything else you'd like to know that could help ya feel more comfortable. This is not a group where I would want people to feel like they're on the fence about things, I'm fairly open to discussing things like I said.

If anyone else has any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Where would we wake up? Like is this a modern day rp or are we put in a different world?
Definitely modern day role play set in the current year 2019. I wanted to talk about that with the members of the role play to see what kind of creativity they come up with before coming up with a full story, if any. I was thinking of leaving that up to them, where their characters wake up. As long as it's not the same life as the previous life, the whole point is to be living in a different life and learning how to cope with it.
And if people can't decide where they wake up, I wouldn't mind making randomized choices for you guys. But I'd still like you guys to have fun with the creativity part.

Definitely modern day role play set in the current year 2019. I wanted to talk about that with the members of the role play to see what kind of creativity they come up with before coming up with a full story, if any. I was thinking of leaving that up to them, where their characters wake up. As long as it's not the same life as the previous life, the whole point is to be living in a different life and learning how to cope with it.
And if people can't decide where they wake up, I wouldn't mind making randomized choices for you guys. But I'd still like you guys to have fun with the creativity part.
Ok thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back