• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern 丑 — W I T C H I N G // H O U R [zombie apoc. with yakuza twist ;; Japan setting]

SpectreN7

Renegade For Life

• intro

stay and decay

unlike pluto

overview.

L
    <Takashi Miike’s First Love meets All of Us Are Dead.>

11:11pm. Tokyo, Japan.

Yokai, a new nightclub within Shinjuku, is having its grand opening: pounding music, flowing alcohol, and weaving bodies making a transcendent night. Some are there for an escape and pleasure, others for business. And some are stalking the shadows, using the chaotic rhythm as a cover for nefarious activities.

Two rival yakuza syndicates are moving shogi pieces across a board. The Akechi-gumi have a stake in the club, and are providing security for its first night of open doors. The turf it was constructed on belongs solely to the Miyamoto-kai, who plan on making an appearance to flex their muscle, and scare off the competition. Those linked to the two families — through blood, bond, or binding — are also present, caught in the center of the eye of the storm.

Thunder roars, dark clouds circle, the air smells of smoke and rain, yet before the lightning can strike, the earth shivers and shakes; the shogi board falls, its pieces scattering.

The page flips, and a new story begins.

2am: The Witching Hour.

The dance floor erupts. What was written off as drug-induced flailing turns violent. Hissing, growling, clawing, and biting. They look human, but their eyes are blank. Many more turn and fall before realization hits.

The virus is spreading, and our players are on ground zero.

Welcome to the apocalypse.

INTRODUCTION:

I’m looking for three to four others to embark on this roller coaster with me — limbs may not be kept inside the car, apologies in advance.

I would prefer people willing to play two characters.

The roles I have listed are more like…suggestions. I do need an Akechi-gumi prince (or princess — it’s 2023, and crime knows no gender), but other than that, you’re free to think out of the box, and bring other ideas to the table.

The setting is Japan. Characters can be from other countries, as long as it makes sense.

The zombie virus will act like the one in All of Us Are Dead.

We will be beginning a handful of hours before the outbreak, so we can set the stage, and let the bad blood between our characters boil, before we thrust them into chaos.

Some Quick Lore About the Yakuza Syndicates:
    • The Miyamoto-kai & Akechi-gumi are the two largest, oldest yakuza syndicates in Japan, with a long history of bad blood between the two, dating back to their origins.
    • The former Miyamoto-kai oyabun was slain by the Akechi, and replaced by his brother, who started a long, bloody conflict in retaliation. The streets ran crimson; even higher-ups in their respective organizations—including the Akechi-gumi oyabun—dropped like flies.
    • The two new oyabuns finally had a sit-down, where new turfs were determined, and a fragile peace reached.

And, for clarity (in case if it's needed):
    Yakuza Structure:
    • Oyabun: The Boss, leader of the syndicate.
    • Wakagashira: The Underboss, oyabun’s second-in-command and right hand.
    • Shateigashira: Heads of specific regions, over a number of individual, smaller gangs / crews.
    • Kyodai: The head of an individual gang / crew.
    • Shatei: “Made” men and women; soldiers, crew-members.
    As a note: individual gangs often have their own pecking-order; a kyodai will have a second-in-command, for example.

intro

roles

rules

// 丑 -- Witching Hour

a yakuza, zombie
apocalypse

genre

survival, zombie apoc.

status

accepting

gms

SpectreN7

spots open

4/4

♡coded by uxie♡

oh I like the sound of this !! after sinking my teeth into my first yakuza game recently and paired with my soft spot for zombies - consider my interest piqued and have my eye on either the detective or the hostess (does depend on my schedule though!)

This looks interesting! I would like to try and throw my hat in for the Journalist. Some person who was just chasing stories and got wrapped up in the underground until the thrill of the chase and near-death experience became too addicting to leave.

Thank you all for the interest! —

I’ll have the CS thread up tonight, after I’m freed from work. In the meantime, feel free to shoot me any questions, or ideas.

And if you have concepts for characters that don’t fit the specified roles, I’d be happy to entertain them, too.

————​

idiot idiot I’ve played Yakuza 0 & the remake of the first one. Both were magnificent, and I hear the quality is consistent throughout the entire series.

AI10100 AI10100 And who can resist an underbelly filled with tattoos and cigarettes, am I right? Sounds like a cool concept, to me!

Interested in playing as the red knight and journalist if needed

CHARACTER SHEET THREAD:
The Cast

A wizard is never late! They arrive exactly when they mean to. I’m tentatively setting the deadline for Monday, April 17th. But if anyone needs more time, just ask me for an extension.

I thought I'd just bump the page since the deadline for applications is on the 17th.

Last edited:
Why are all of the RP's I have been excited for died?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back