• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy W E E P I N G . W Y V E R N . T A V E R N ❧ OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Lekiel Lekiel Where's the academy for mages located? Not Cal`Ancalen right? Or are there multiple academies? because that would mean that if I made a character of say 20 years of age, they wouldn't have gotten the chance to train at the academy. Since the siege was only lifted last year rite?

Lekiel Lekiel Where's the academy for mages located? Not Cal`Ancalen right? Or are there multiple academies? because that would mean that if I made a character of say 20 years of age, they wouldn't have gotten the chance to train at the academy. Since the siege was only lifted last year rite?

You're quite right about the siege being lifted only a year ago. Unfortunately, the academy is only in cal'ancalen.

But fortunately, the tel'quessir obviously needed more mages. So magic schools were created by kharis bhalen ever since the siege began fifty years ago. That'd be where the bluecloaks as well as your character would've studied. These schools would be in every major city. Nothing like the real deal at mage city of course; so that can be something of a backstory for your character, since the first section of the rp will be about getting to cal'ancalen. Could be his dream to see the academy.

Gonna head to bed now, good luck!

Sure, that'd make an interesting story element. However, I'm trying to decide how tolerant of humans Elydir is going to be
Oh u can make him intolerant as all fuck. Anyone who has fought with the good staff boi will have their resolve weaken to some degree

Okay, finally had time to look over everything more in depth, likely going with a young Isilhin Planeswalker. Her family was killed in a Wretched assault, grew up an orphan under the care of the Priestess' of Eweca.

Lekiel Lekiel I'm planning on having Elora to have been born outside Cal'Ancalen, would this have delayed her abilities in anyway, or no since she is a Planeswalker and has a more innate understanding of magic?

Aye, perhaps because they all have an 'evening' sounding name? Could very well be a common Isilhin custom

Hhhmph. Yeah, I wish I could read the coded lore. It would make decisions a lot easier.

But as it is, I’m stuck staring at a German Enigma machine for as much good I’m in right now.

...Meh. My newest proposal is a human noble-warrior. Pretty basic, but it may- and that’s a highly probable- be subject to change.

Hhhmph. Yeah, I wish I could read the coded lore. It would make decisions a lot easier.

But as it is, I’m stuck staring at a German Enigma machine for as much good I’m in right now.

...Meh. My newest proposal is a human noble-warrior. Pretty basic, but it may- and that’s a highly probable- be subject to change.
Just to give you a pointer, humans can't be nobles. They're basically all second class citizens to the Tel'Quessir

What is the land like between Ilshari and Fel`Nueleth? Mostly trees? Plains? (looking and reading from the map here, lmao)

Sure, that'd make an interesting story element. However, I'm trying to decide how tolerant of humans Elydir is going to be

I approve of this snobbishness.

Okay, finally had time to look over everything more in depth, likely going with a young Isilhin Planeswalker. Her family was killed in a Wretched assault, grew up an orphan under the care of the Priestess' of Eweca.

Lekiel Lekiel I'm planning on having Elora to have been born outside Cal'Ancalen, would this have delayed her abilities in anyway, or no since she is a Planeswalker and has a more innate understanding of magic?

By 'young' how old would she be? She can be born in a village of your making that's totally fine. A few pointers, Cal`Ancalen was under siege for fifty years which was only lifted slightly over a year ago. Entirely possible for your village to either be desolated or turned into a military outpost. That said, similar to what I mentioned to one of the other RP-ers, she can still be taken in and trained in any of the smaller magic schools, established by Kharis Bhalen, that exist in every one of the major cities.

Her magic development would be quite normal for what age you choose (I say normal but obviously you can raise that bar a little, every hero can do with a little more talent if they wish afterall).
I like how a lot of the Isilhin characters have names that start with E. Elidyr, Elora, Evindall, lol

You're on to something here... hmmm :o

Aye, perhaps because they all have an 'evening' sounding name? Could very well be a common Isilhin custom
:D

I hope you meant noble as in noble-hearted? If you want I can rip out the classes text for you, or you can let me know which other bits you'd like to read. How long would you be without a computer/tablet?

Last edited:
What is the land like between Ilshari and Fel`Nueleth? Mostly trees? Plains? (looking and reading from the map here, lmao)

Dense huge as trees closer to Ilshari, bit of plains with sparse trees middle-west (I mean between them), with low rocky hills. Even more hills and more tall twisted dark and dead trees closer to Fel`Nueleth. Hidden bogs as well. Don't place them too close. Fel`Nueleth is a forsaken place :O. Suggest placing closer to Ilshari. Map not up to scale, so even if from the map you're a dot right next to the city, that journey could take a couple days of riding.

Dense huge as trees closer to Ilshari, bit of plains with sparse trees middle-west (I mean between them), with low rocky hills. Even more hills and tall twisted dark and dead trees closer to Fel`Nueleth. Don't place them too close. Fel`Nueleth is a forsaken place. Suggest placing closer to Ilshari. Map not up to scale, so even if from the map you're a dot right next to the city, that journey could take a couple days of riding.
Thank you! I figured something as much, but the clarification really helps with my anxiety.
Would you say that conflicts between one town/village and another are common or is that sort of behavior forbidden? I'm thinking something akin to vassals fighting amongst each other over territorial disputes, but of course in the context of this world instead.

You're welcome ^^

Hmm... for the sake of a little more freedom whilst still balancing the lore... vassals can argue yes, but actually going with all out civil war within the Tel`Quessir towns would be forbidden by the capital and outright nonsensical. The Wretched still roam the lands and are quite a present threat (that said, I understand you are quite far away), still the nobles would have to pledge their troops.

The disputes can be more subtle *hint* Court Assassins.

By 'young' how old would she be? She can be born in a village of your making that's totally fine. A few pointers, Cal`Ancalen was under siege for fifty years which was only lifted slightly over a year ago. Entirely possible for your village to either be desolated or turned into a military outpost. That said, similar to what I mentioned to one of the other RP-ers, she can still be taken in and trained in any of the smaller magic schools, established by Kharis Bhalen, that exist in every one of the major cities.
I was thinking of having her in her 80's. And I was thinking her family was a minor noble family with strong ties to magic. They tried to establish their own village and obviously it didn't work out (would flesh this out more if this is what I decide to go with). And yeah I was thinking that during her formative years Elora spent a lot of time traveling to the various schools to gain as much knowledge as possible, that would be unsatisfied. I was thinking (if possible) she took part in the battle to lift the siege on the city, just so she could get to their libraries.

If 80s she'd have a chance to study at the academy.

The other schools were only established less than fifty years ago out of necessity. None can rival the great library or the Cal'ancalen academy for stormlords ( i guess i should give it a name). She could still travel of course, and perhaps because of it, she narrowly missed being stuck with the rest of the mages in the city.

Background seems okay so far :) there's a brief outline of cal'ancalen hierarchy in the lore thread. Not in the coding bit. It might give you more ideas

Edit: just to clarify, there were no schools outside of the mage city before the siege. ^3^

Last edited:
How do infiltrators become, well, infiltrators? And at what age does it usually occur?

Also, who else here hates writing personalities out? I feel like I have such a good grasp of my characters in my head, but, when I try and put their personalities down on paper, I can never find the right words. :closedeyescryingfrown:

Also, who else here hates writing personalities out? I feel like I have such a good grasp of my characters in my head, but, when I try and put their personalities down on paper, I can never find the right words. :closedeyescryingfrown:
I feel you but I dont hate it lol

Court Assassin, Infiltrator, Uumessa
They are usually 'scouted'. Most start as rogues or simple thieves, usually due to tragic circumstances which leads to a harsher way of life. They can start from any age, as long as their bodies are capable enough for the cloak and dagger (or larger blade).

They're either taken in by a Court Assassin himself, wanting to raise a protege or by the Uumessa, also known as the nameless. The Uumessa can be anyone, from an ordinary looking citizen to a shadowed silhouette. They are the hands and mouth of the Conclave of Shadows, and are one of the ways the Conclave delivers a Mark. Uumessa usually appear to not have any memory except for what they were supposed to do at the current moment and what message they are to deliver. Infiltrators have tried interrogating the Uumessa to know more, even to the point of killing them. These infiltrators usually do not live very long afterwards.

Anyway, if you were taken in by an Uumessa, they will eventually assign you to another Infiltrator to learn under (not necessarily with the agreement of said Infiltrator).

Kipsy Kipsy

Princess Amaranth's silent partner Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater 's character, Israfael is an infiltrator ^3^

You don't ahve to write it in list form, perhaps explaining a situation and writing how your character would react in it helps too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back