• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

VTM anyone?

Sheherezade was a fictional Persian princess in the Thousand and One Nights. The King, having been cheated on by his wife, and being a very rational, ethical person, decides he's going to marry a new virgin every day and execute her the next morning before she can cheat on him. Eventually the Vizier can't find any more virgins for the King and offers up his own daughter, Sheherezade. Sheherezade is having none of this whole 'being executed' nonsense, so she starts making up a story to tell the King. It's so compelling that, when she ends the night on a cliffhanger, he can't bring himself to execute her until he finds out what happens next. She repeats this for the next thousand and one nights, continually making up a new chapter of the story by the seat of her pants so gripping the King can't bear to execute her until he finds out how it ends.

Mmm, right, characters. Well, let's see, it's a giant Masquerade violation if this bloke bites it, and there's clearly some arcane nonsense going on here, so how could the Tremere not stick their noses into this? I like leaning into the Vampires as secret masters of the world angle (Let's just forget Mages exist for a moment, since they're clearly way above Vampires in the secret masters of the world competition when they exist), so Tremere troubleshooter, former Australian SASR, embraced in Afghanistan after seeing some shit no man was meant to see. I'm guessing the big government power clans like the Ventrue and to a lesser extent the Tremere use intelligence agencies and armed forces to hide ghoul teams, and to recruit capable mortals for embrace. Counterterrorism operations are a great way to SWAT some Sabbat. This character was probably being groomed, or was possibly already part of, a ghouled black unit used for Tremere special operations around the world. Someone needs to go dig up those arcane relics and shoot anyone who tries to stop them. He's obnoxiously cheerful, has the traditional Australian irreverent attitude to authority and black sense of humour, and thinks fighting Cthulhu is a rowdy Tuesday. He's not what people usually imagine when they think of 'blood sorcerer', but sometimes a Chantry faces a problem that calls for two white phosphorus rounds to the chest and one to the head, shoot first and interrogate the corpse a distant second.

As far as he's concerned, he's gone from fighting for one secret cabal extracting the blood of the earth (petrol) for an immense arcane ritual (modern industry) to fighting for another secret cabal extracting the literal blood of people for an immense ritual, only this time the things he's shooting are usually somehow worse than the cabal.

The Chantries aren't big fans of other people releasing ancient evils without consulting them, and they probably definitely think everyone else will fuck this up, so either the Prince has requested help, a local Chantry has sent him help, or a Justicar/Archon has taken an interest in rural North Carolina not blowing the Masquerade into itty bitty pieces.

If that's a bit intense I can tone it down a bit.
Ah! I didn't know her name but I am familiar with the story! Indeed she seems to be my spirit animal here.

As for your guy...

I do love the Tremere! One of my favorite clans. Having one of them could certainly help when it comes to needing to some arcane experts.

As such, you would come with some knowledge of it explained to you as it was the Tremere clans that helped with unearthing this plot.

The thing being sealed is an evil spirit, along the lines of what the Garou call a Bane. It was very old and very potent. And while normally vampires wouldn't give two shits about such a creature being released (save for the masquerade violations and Tremere pride), the particular interest comes from the banes nature. It is a defiler of the highest kind. And from what the Tremere could find out, vampires had helped the mages see it sealed due to matters of self preservation. As this spirit was capable of fatally affecting vampires by rendering their poisoning their food.

The seal that was placed was a powerful one that was tied to the thirteen mages that sealed it away. Only when their bloodlines are dead will the seal be released. And if the Tremere are correct, then only four humans remain alive, compared to the one hundred and thirty six last year.

They haven't been able to identify those responsible for this plot, but that is in the works. You suspect a wyrm cult or Sabbat plot but don't have the evidence to point the finger.

You are being sent to look after one of these humans. You expect it to be an easy job, as these humans aren't exactly easy to find and with the Kindred being on alert, you should be able to stop any would be assassin. Still, to be safe, requests have been sent out to the Prince's of the inhabited cities to send some support.

Jon Cherro, the Prince of Asheville has promised a couple kindred to aid you. Meanwhile he is having other coteries try to track down the problems directly in his area. All you have to do is keep the human alive. While keeping the human alive is considered a priority above the masquerade, it is highly cautioned to not push your luck as recent events in the city may already be attracting unwanted attention.

I'm fine with your character concept! I'm all for making it work, though I may need your help in getting it to work snoothly since it would involve clans and groupings and hierarchies I dont fully understand yet.

That said, I can make use of such a char to help keep things on target and a bit more combat and mission focused expertise could help keep the detective alive. While I'm would prefer a smaller scale, I'm not above using it as an opportunity to learn more. Enough so that I'm willing to forgive you ruining the little harem of troublesome redheads I had going on.

To give you some time to set things up, you can already be watching over the detective, so can enter play when we meet him.

I....I’ve been floating (skimming) this thread, & am curious if this became a dead topic or perhaps has transpired into something? If so, I am 100% interested in this becoming something. I have a character at the ready, a Caitiff, if anyone needs his sheet reviewed but I am awaiting for my ST to get his act together for our bi-weekly games but members have been flaking and I feel we are closing to an end real soon. So I need to keep this character afloat.
Possibly something active?

bambiighoul bambiighoul Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Random Word Random Word

Ugh, I totally failed on this one. Got sidetracked by life and other rps and it totally slipped my mind. Sorry about that guys. But I think I got it in me to Kickstart things, if you all are interested in a revival.

Davidrhaley Davidrhaley
Well, I should start off by warning you that I am a rookie ST that doesnt have their act together. We got the story already going, loosely speaking since we have only just begun. But! If the others are interesting in continuing, I think we can fit you in.

bambiighoul bambiighoul Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Random Word Random Word

Ugh, I totally failed on this one. Got sidetracked by life and other rps and it totally slipped my mind. Sorry about that guys. But I think I got it in me to Kickstart things, if you all are interested in a revival.

Davidrhaley Davidrhaley
Well, I should start off by warning you that I am a rookie ST that doesnt have their act together. We got the story already going, loosely speaking since we have only just begun. But! If the others are interesting in continuing, I think we can fit you in.

It turns out I am still new with VtM v5. But I am engrossed with its lore daily and am loving my so far very short campaign I am in. I am interested because, well... I am! Let’s grow together if I am able to join you?

It turns out I am still new with VtM v5. But I am engrossed with its lore daily and am loving my so far very short campaign I am in. I am interested because, well... I am! Let’s grow together if I am able to join you?

Well for this game, we are using VTM 20th edition. So that may take a bit of learning, but I am there learning with you.

If the others wish to subject themselves to my flakeyness once more, then I am okay with you joining.

Now! A few things of note.

1. We are using vtm 20th edition.
2. Werewolves are allowed as playable characters.
3. We are doing Play by Post here on RPN. I know you said you had some biweekly games. This game is through writing.

Well for this game, we are using VTM 20th edition. So that may take a bit of learning, but I am there learning with you.

If the others wish to subject themselves to my flakeyness once more, then I am okay with you joining.

Now! A few things of note.

1. We are using vtm 20th edition.
2. Werewolves are allowed as playable characters.
3. We are doing Play by Post here on RPN. I know you said you had some biweekly games. This game is through writing.

I have r20 rule book as well, and I can run through & make a v20 character sheet in ‘an inverting heart beat’ and I am familiar with post by post, which is why I checked back with RP-Nation (was part of Coloholics RP)

I have r20 rule book as well, and I can run through & make a v20 character sheet in ‘an inverting heart beat’ and I am familiar with post by post, which is why I checked back with RP-Nation (was part of Coloholics RP)
Not familiar with Coholic.

So then! How much of this interest check have you read?

Not familiar with Coholic.

So then! How much of this interest check have you read?

I like the intrigue to a kindred keeping a human alive (with the thirst at bay) and still the Camilla being a huge influence, but also theTremere influence that’s at hand.

I like the intrigue to a kindred keeping a human alive (with the thirst at bay) and still the Camilla being a huge influence, but also theTremere influence that’s at hand.
That's good to know!

So what is your character like? Tell me about them.

Well, I haven’t checked through the v20 character creation but the guy I want to use I that was designed in v5 (which I’ll change is a Caitiff, but for this will be Brujah since his Discipline are Brujah based. He was a orphaned Homeless junkie, trying to make a name for himself to be respected in the city of San Francisco.

Well, I haven’t checked through the v20 character creation but the guy I want to use I that was designed in v5 (which I’ll change is a Caitiff, but for this will be Brujah since his Discipline are Brujah based. He was a orphaned Homeless junkie, trying to make a name for himself to be respected in the city of San Francisco.
What about 5e did you want about your character that doesn't convert to v20?

And we will need a reason for him to be in North Carolina.

my character could have been sent am away by his Sire for some mission (make up later) are Caitiff’s in V5. I didn’t think they were.

He has a lot of awnr to his methods of life. He’s very vocal to his opinions and often finds drug users for his thirst hunting. He’s slightly a thorn in peoples side but will show Cautiously to not hurt or offend the helpless. (Pregnant mothers, unfortunate folk) need to know more? (I’d like to think of him as an underdog that is hard to like) born in the 1970’s has only been Kindred for 15 years.

Last edited:
I am willing to pull Kelsey out of the dust and give this another go of it.

He has a lot of awnr to his methods of life. He’s very vocal to his opinions and often finds drug users for his thirst hunting. He’s slightly a thorn in peoples side but will show Heatly to not hurt or offend the helpless. (Pregnant mothers, unfortunate folk) need to know more? (I’d like to think of him as an underdog that is hard to like) born in the 1970’s has only been Kindred for 15 years.

Well I did add a little from v5, like the preferred feeding. Will explain that later.

I dont know what you mean by "heatly" but I think I get the jist. That he is soft hearted to some while being trouble for others.

We will get into more detail later. And we will see if the others would like another player.

But if you want to look things over, here are the threads.

Main - Vampire: The Masquerade [Falling Leaves]

Ooc - Dice - Vampire: The Masquerade [Falling Leaves] OOC

CS - Dice - Vampire: The Masquerade [Falling Leaves] CS

Still let me know what you need be I will make what will happen with my character, happen. D. Rex D. Rex and will read up tonight what you posted but trust I will still want to be apart of this. 😏 (Also this whole time been posting on phone)

Still let me know what you need be I will make what will happen with my character, happen. D. Rex D. Rex and will read up tonight what you posted but trust I will still want to be apart of this. 😏 (Also this whole time been posting on phone)
Alrighty, well let me know what you think tomorrow in the ooc.

That's okay, me too. I don't have a computer, so all my typing on RPN is through a phone.

Let me know if others are open for a new kindred to join into the post by post campaign. I am still interested. Wanted to check back first before searching on else where. I do fancy the plot line here though. D. Rex D. Rex

I’ll hang tight & see what becomes of the thread and if the pc’s are still down.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back