• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

VTM anyone?

D. Rex D. Rex Do you know what generation that would make her cuz I’m not really sure lol I forgot how that works I know it has to do with when the sire was turned as well right ?

Chronicle Tenets

"The troupe should assemble a
set of chronicle Tenets, based on
anything from genre emulation,
dramatic irony, to personal taste
or real-life player concerns. Re-
member that Tenets only impose
moral sanction and degeneration
on the characters when violated
– if a player might genuinely risk
trauma by playing a story featuring
a given violation, the Storyteller
should either avoid that subject or
invite the player to join a differ-
ent troupe to explore a different
chronicle entirely.
Chronicle Tenets apply to
all player characters in a chroni-
cle, even if the character doesn’t
hold this belief personally. The
struggle between a character’s
individual moral code and that of
their society forms one of the core
stories in human literature, after
all. The chronicle Tenets comprise
a kind of ethical ground floor, so
that when and if the characters do
become nihilistic serial killers, it
carries a cost.
Also make sure to talk through
the chosen Tenets in your group,
so that all players understand
what they mean and what kind of
actions would consist violations of
these Tenets."

If you need some examples, there are some listed in the book at page 172, Vtm 5e core.

bambiighoul bambiighoul
Generation is not age, but rather how many vampires had come before you. For example.. Great Great grandpappy is 5th gen, great grandpappy is 6, grandpappy is 7th, pappy is 8th, you would be 9th.

Generation effects your minimum and maximum blood poteny.

The strong your blood, the more vampire powers you get! But also it comes at greater costs. Vampire weaknesses effect you worse, and you have less options when it comes to feeding.

I'm okay with you starting 8th gen like Sherwood. Would start with a potency of 2. You would heal better, but you would have trouble sustaining yourself in animal and bagged blood.

A good place to start. Alternatively, you could take a lesser route. Being a thinblood, you have lessened powers, but you retain much more humanity. And can even naturally pass as a living human. And can eat and feel. This comes at the cost, as I said, of powers.

Chronicle Tenets

"The troupe should assemble a
set of chronicle Tenets, based on
anything from genre emulation,
dramatic irony, to personal taste
or real-life player concerns. Re-
member that Tenets only impose
moral sanction and degeneration
on the characters when violated
– if a player might genuinely risk
trauma by playing a story featuring
a given violation, the Storyteller
should either avoid that subject or
invite the player to join a differ-
ent troupe to explore a different
chronicle entirely.
Chronicle Tenets apply to
all player characters in a chroni-
cle, even if the character doesn’t
hold this belief personally. The
struggle between a character’s
individual moral code and that of
their society forms one of the core
stories in human literature, after
all. The chronicle Tenets comprise
a kind of ethical ground floor, so
that when and if the characters do
become nihilistic serial killers, it
carries a cost.
Also make sure to talk through
the chosen Tenets in your group,
so that all players understand
what they mean and what kind of
actions would consist violations of
these Tenets."

If you need some examples, there are some listed in the book at page 172, Vtm 5e core.

bambiighoul bambiighoul
Generation is not age, but rather how many vampires had come before you. For example.. Great Great grandpappy is 5th gen, great grandpappy is 6, grandpappy is 7th, pappy is 8th, you would be 9th.

Generation effects your minimum and maximum blood poteny.

The strong your blood, the more vampire powers you get! But also it comes at greater costs. Vampire weaknesses effect you worse, and you have less options when it comes to feeding.

I'm okay with you starting 8th gen like Sherwood. Would start with a potency of 2. You would heal better, but you would have trouble sustaining yourself in animal and bagged blood.

A good place to start. Alternatively, you could take a lesser route. Being a thinblood, you have lessened powers, but you retain much more humanity. And can even naturally pass as a living human. And can eat and feel. This comes at the cost, as I said, of powers.
So it’s more so like a “family” Generation so whatever generation my sire was I would be the generation after ? Him creating other vampires wouldn’t affect my generation right ? They would be like my “ siblings” and we’d be on the same generation and then if I turned someone they would be the generation after ?

So it’s more so like a “family” Generation so whatever generation my sire was I would be the generation after ? Him creating other vampires wouldn’t affect my generation right ? They would be like my “ siblings” and we’d be on the same generation and then if I turned someone they would be the generation after ?
That is correct.

I think for general tenets 1.no killing each other obviously , 2.no unnecessary human killing unless they are Food or they are in the way of the us protecting the detective , or they have wronged you .3.If you do kill someone clean it up no evidence. For my story line and background we’d have to have 4. No compelling each other under any circumstances ( it’s trauma based for her) 5. Keep the detective safe at all costs . I would say always keep the masquerade but I think that’s just a general rule ? Those are just ideas I have for tenets

I think for general tenets 1.no killing each other obviously , 2.no unnecessary human killing unless they are Food or they are in the way of the us protecting the detective , or they have wronged you .3.If you do kill someone clean it up no evidence. For my story line and background we’d have to have 4. No compelling each other under any circumstances ( it’s trauma based for her) 5. Keep the detective safe at all costs . I would say always keep the masquerade but I think that’s just a general rule ? Those are just ideas I have for tenets

Well, both 1 and 5 are unspoken rules for the rp. So they won't need to be tenets. And 3 will be expected of you in maintaining the Masquerade, anyway.

However, you could make it a Tenet by telling what lengths you'd protect the detective or how you treat him.

For example: "the detective is one of us" or "his feelings do not matter in keeping him safe" or "his life above all others" or "he must stay at pinnacle of health"

Or for 3, you could say "Adhere to the masquerade whenever possible"

Now, as a note. The game will continue if he dies. Though, I would much rather he didn't as I am playing vicariously through him. He is, however, mostly a narrative tool. So do not be afraid to use him as such.

As another note, only we as players need to agree on the tenets. The characters do not have to have those beliefs to be compelled by them. The tenets are there to help us guide are char to stay on track or stay on theme.

4. That could make a tenet. But it seems like it would be better as a personal conviction than a chronicle tenet.

Also! Psychie Psychie is a werewolf. She isn't nessecarily bound by the same rules as you and Sherwood. However! Werewolves are pack creatures, and this coterie will essentially be her pack. As such, she would also be adhering to chronicle tenets.

But other things arise. As werewolves do tend to have different tastes. She may want there to be a clear leader in the pack, Or want leadership to be spread based on situation. We will see how that goes, and what psychie wants.

Well, both 1 and 5 are unspoken rules for the rp. So they won't need to be tenets. And 3 will be expected of you in maintaining the Masquerade, anyway.

However, you could make it a Tenet by telling what lengths you'd protect the detective or how you treat him.

For example: "the detective is one of us" or "his feelings do not matter in keeping him safe" or "his life above all others" or "he must stay at pinnacle of health"

Or for 3, you could say "Adhere to the masquerade whenever possible"

Now, as a note. The game will continue if he dies. Though, I would much rather he didn't as I am playing vicariously through him. He is, however, mostly a narrative tool. So do not be afraid to use him as such.

As another note, only we as players need to agree on the tenets. The characters do not have to have those beliefs to be compelled by them. The tenets are there to help us guide are char to stay on track or stay on theme.

4. That could make a tenet. But it seems like it would be better as a personal conviction than a chronicle tenet.

Also! Psychie Psychie is a werewolf. She isn't nessecarily bound by the same rules as you and Sherwood. However! Werewolves are pack creatures, and this coterie will essentially be her pack. As such, she would also be adhering to chronicle tenets.

But other things arise. As werewolves do tend to have different tastes. She may want there to be a clear leader in the pack, Or want leadership to be spread based on situation. We will see how that goes, and what psychie wants.
It’s not really a my character wouldn’t compel ever thing it’s a she’s been traumatized by her sire compelling her so she wouldn’t ever put up with someone else doing it to her thing I don’t think I could budge on that one story wise unless someone really wanted to cause her trauma which hopefully they wouldn’t lol. Maybe it doesn’t have to be a tenet just a understanding between us all that you shouldn’t compel her unless you want to cause her trauma lol

It’s not really a my character wouldn’t compel ever thing it’s a she’s been traumatized by her sire compelling her so she wouldn’t ever put up with someone else doing it to her thing I don’t think I could budge on that one story wise unless someone really wanted to cause her trauma which hopefully they wouldn’t lol. Maybe it doesn’t have to be a tenet just a understanding between us all that you shouldn’t compel her unless you want to cause her trauma lol
Lol the question here is. Do YOU want to cause her trauma? Would you like her to go through that hardship as a story beat?

Vampire the Masquerade is an adult themed game. With lots of mature stuff happening that is to be navigated. However. That doesn't mean the feeling of players isn't taken into consideration in regards to limitations.

As for a tenet. I can make that a tenet.

1. No compelling each other.

Also! Keep in mind. Tenets ARE breakable. There are punishments and costs, but they can be broken.

Lol the question here is. Do YOU want to cause her trauma? Would you like her to go through that hardship as a story beat?

Vampire the Masquerade is an adult themed game. With lots of mature stuff happening that is to be navigated. However. That doesn't mean the feeling of players isn't taken into consideration in regards to limitations.

As for a tenet. I can make that a tenet.

1. No compelling each other.

Also! Keep in mind. Tenets ARE breakable. There are punishments and costs, but they can be broken.
I think for the enemies and npc vampires you may be using to tell the story with it would add to it if they sometimes did but within the group I think that would affect her more lol.

So are we going to be playing this out in a new post/thread or will it be here lol?
It will be in a new thread. I'll be getting it set up soon. Ran into some irl complications tearing a calf muscle.

Anyway! I need to think of a good title, and ill get the pages up superficially at least.

It will be in a new thread. I'll be getting it set up soon. Ran into some irl complications tearing a calf muscle.

Anyway! I need to think of a good title, and ill get the pages up superficially at least.
Ooof I’m sorry 😔, I hope you feel better soon

Ouch! Sounds painful. Well, I have a character mostly ready to go. I haven't made a VtM character for so long compared to Exalted I don't quite remember what I need.

Ouch! Sounds painful. Well, I have a character mostly ready to go. I haven't made a VtM character for so long compared to Exalted I don't quite remember what I need.
Don't worry. I'll be double checking the books with character sheets and making sure everything lines up.

Which reminds me! Psychie Psychie which Werewolves: The apocalypse version are you using for the core book?

Oh! I missed out on this. I love WoD and your games. Let me know if spots open up, or you run another one of these some day. I haven't tried V5 yet but it does look interesting.

Oh! I missed out on this. I love WoD and your games. Let me know if spots open up, or you run another one of these some day. I haven't tried V5 yet but it does look interesting.

Random Word Random Word
My friend, I think I can spare a slot for you! I would be happy to see what you add to the table!

We are using Vtm 20th and Wta 20th, rather than 5e. Since we are allowing werewolves, 20th makes it easier to merge the books since Wta doesn't have a 5e yet.

So what say you, Random? Want to join in a game with a storyteller who is flying by the seat of his pants and barely has any idea what he is doing and is trying to blast through books and lore to keep up?

That's the best kind. If Sheherezade is your spirit animal you're in good company.
If I knew who that was I am sure I would agree with you!

Now then! Got a char concept in mind? Would you like to talk or discuss any ideas? Questions of what's up so far?

Sheherezade was a fictional Persian princess in the Thousand and One Nights. The King, having been cheated on by his wife, and being a very rational, ethical person, decides he's going to marry a new virgin every day and execute her the next morning before she can cheat on him. Eventually the Vizier can't find any more virgins for the King and offers up his own daughter, Sheherezade. Sheherezade is having none of this whole 'being executed' nonsense, so she starts making up a story to tell the King. It's so compelling that, when she ends the night on a cliffhanger, he can't bring himself to execute her until he finds out what happens next. She repeats this for the next thousand and one nights, continually making up a new chapter of the story by the seat of her pants so gripping the King can't bear to execute her until he finds out how it ends.

Mmm, right, characters. Well, let's see, it's a giant Masquerade violation if this bloke bites it, and there's clearly some arcane nonsense going on here, so how could the Tremere not stick their noses into this? I like leaning into the Vampires as secret masters of the world angle (Let's just forget Mages exist for a moment, since they're clearly way above Vampires in the secret masters of the world competition when they exist), so Tremere troubleshooter, former Australian SASR, embraced in Afghanistan after seeing some shit no man was meant to see. I'm guessing the big government power clans like the Ventrue and to a lesser extent the Tremere use intelligence agencies and armed forces to hide ghoul teams, and to recruit capable mortals for embrace. Counterterrorism operations are a great way to SWAT some Sabbat. This character was probably being groomed, or was possibly already part of, a ghouled black unit used for Tremere special operations around the world. Someone needs to go dig up those arcane relics and shoot anyone who tries to stop them. He's obnoxiously cheerful, has the traditional Australian irreverent attitude to authority and black sense of humour, and thinks fighting Cthulhu is a rowdy Tuesday. He's not what people usually imagine when they think of 'blood sorcerer', but sometimes a Chantry faces a problem that calls for two white phosphorus rounds to the chest and one to the head, shoot first and interrogate the corpse a distant second.

As far as he's concerned, he's gone from fighting for one secret cabal extracting the blood of the earth (petrol) for an immense arcane ritual (modern industry) to fighting for another secret cabal extracting the literal blood of people for an immense ritual, only this time the things he's shooting are usually somehow worse than the cabal.

The Chantries aren't big fans of other people releasing ancient evils without consulting them, and they probably definitely think everyone else will fuck this up, so either the Prince has requested help, a local Chantry has sent him help, or a Justicar/Archon has taken an interest in rural North Carolina not blowing the Masquerade into itty bitty pieces.

If that's a bit intense I can tone it down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back