• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

VTM anyone?

I'm picturing a police officer technical expert, working in the computer crimes section just before I was Embraced.

I'm picturing a police officer technical expert, working in the computer crimes section just before I was Embraced.
If it was any time recently. They might know the NPC already, if they are a local and still doing that

I was hoping to be just recently turned. Its a part of my backstory that I was Embraced and abandoned by my Sire at a whim.

I was hoping to be just recently turned. Its a part of my backstory that I was Embraced and abandoned by my Sire at a whim.

I think we can make that happen! How recently turned would you like them to be? And how much significance would you like that to be in the story (them being a new blood)

A quick summary of what I was thinking.

Character was mugged, shot, and left for dead in an alleyway before my Sire showed up on the scene. He was a stranger, and laughed at my struggles to survive. He finally says, "You got moxie, kid. I like that. How would you like to live forever?" He then snacks on me, turning me into a vampire.

When I show up to work again, one of the Ghouls in the employ of the Prince spots the change in me, and comes over to me, saying, "I hadn't heard that you were going to be 'promoted'. Congrats!" It takes a bit of conversation to learn what the hell he was talking about, but when done, I now understand that I am undead and I have a Sire out there, somewhere, that just broke the rules in giving me the Embrace.

I then go to confront the Prince of the city, and I demand the identity of the asshole that did this to me so I can stake his happy self out and get some payback for what was done to me. Instead of simply having me destroyed, my brazen attitude amused the Prince, and he has allowed me to live in his city as long as I follow his rules. I am now actively hunting the vampire that Embraced me, hoping to find him before someone else does.

A quick summary of what I was thinking.

Character was mugged, shot, and left for dead in an alleyway before my Sire showed up on the scene. He was a stranger, and laughed at my struggles to survive. He finally says, "You got moxie, kid. I like that. How would you like to live forever?" He then snacks on me, turning me into a vampire.

When I show up to work again, one of the Ghouls in the employ of the Prince spots the change in me, and comes over to me, saying, "I hadn't heard that you were going to be 'promoted'. Congrats!" It takes a bit of conversation to learn what the hell he was talking about, but when done, I now understand that I am undead and I have a Sire out there, somewhere, that just broke the rules in giving me the Embrace.

I then go to confront the Prince of the city, and I demand the identity of the asshole that did this to me so I can stake his happy self out and get some payback for what was done to me. Instead of simply having me destroyed, my brazen attitude amused the Prince, and he has allowed me to live in his city as long as I follow his rules. I am now actively hunting the vampire that Embraced me, hoping to find him before someone else does.
I can work with that! To give you a chance to encounter this vampire, are you wanting to be a local then? Could work in your sire being a point of play. And perhaps the Detective is following your sires trail. And perhaps your Sire is also involved our problem. Maybe as a hunter. Or maybe as one of the players trying to release the seal.

And with you being local, and knowing the Detective, you could be seen as very useful. The Prince seeing this job as a way for you to cut your teeth.

We will be doing bits of traveling. Depending on how things go. So you don't have to be a local to have the chance of hunting your sire. Just as you don't need to know the NPC if you'd rather come into this blind and fresh.

I'll try to get a thread up and running in a couple days. Going to sort through some rp details and think up a title.

But! It would not be a bad idea for you all to start discussing and deciding on the tenants of your coterie.

Are we going to know one another prior to game start?

How do we know one another? I am a history professor at the local university, and if I recall correctly, you are a police officer?

Yes. Perhaps I'm one of your students? Or are we related somehow?

I like the idea of being related somehow. That would help you by knowing the werewolf clan that I'm a part of.

Are we going to know one another prior to game start?
If you would like to. I'm all for it.

I like the idea of being related somehow. That would help you by knowing the werewolf clan that I'm a part of.
That depends on if sherwood was already om the know to start with. He might not have been made aware.

Also, if the family member of a werewolf got turned into a vampire. That would certainly piss the pack off.

I'll have to ponder that. From my current backstory, I have no mention of that.

Would they be general rules like don’t kill each other? Or more story based like keep the human safe ? Or both ? Also Sherwood Sherwood since your player is a cop maybe my girl knows him from him coming and picking up “ bad guys” from her club only if you wanted us to know each other lol

I'll have to ponder that. From my current backstory, I have no mention of that.
It could provide some itnerestimg its of friction. Learning your family has been keeping secrets from you.

Perhaps they were expecting you to turn werewolf before they revealed it to you. Psychie would have some splaining to do.

I could also work this familial connection into why the local Prince would not dispose of this random neonate. And would also be angered that this happened as it disrupts his tenuous peace with the local werewolves.

I was not a beat cop, but one of the computer experts that break into someone's computer or phone to get their info. But I agree that we should have some mechanism to keep us all from going at each other's throats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back