• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Voyagers

Characters
Here

Fishman Lord

ULTIMATE AI GOD
“Atmospheric entry complete. Preparing to touch down.”

The Einstein slowly dips its nose down before leveling out and landing softly on the mountainside. The screens linked to the outer cameras show that you’re in the middle of a meadow. However, instead of trees, the plants in the distance almost look like gigantic fields of solar panels. The stalks reach upwards and branch into four, each supporting a corner of a large green oval with what looks like a smooth, rubbery texture. Each panel-plant is fifteen or twenty feet tall at the least, and they cover the ground with such shade that it almost looks like nighttime underneath them. You soon see that the grass is also in a sort of “panel” form. The ground is covered with small rubbery green ovals the size of pebbles or turtles’ shells at the largest, carpeting the ground like a field of emeralds. What look like varied, tiny versions of the panel-trees pop up intermittently like mushrooms.

Half a minute after the ship shuts down, the AI speaks over the intercom again. “Landing complete. Running diagnostics.” Another eight seconds later, the AI’s current voice, a female speaking in English with a slight Russian accent, rings out once more: “Diagnostics complete. I regret to inform the crew that, as I suspected, atmospheric entry unfortunately caused some damage to the hull and disabled one of the propulsion modules. Furthermore, my navigation system is unable to make sense of the situation and has crashed. This is likely due to the fact that it has been ripped into an entirely new location with no data to make sense of it, and it could take anywhere from hours to days to fix the system. Fortunately, however, my scanners all show that the air on this planet is breathable mix of nitrogen,oxygen, and other gasses, the temperature outside is a lovely 20.1 degrees celsius, and that gravity is at an excellent 0.874 Gs. I have deemed it safe to travel outside with no suit, though I still recommend that all biological crew wear gas masks in the case that my atmospheric scanner has somehow malfunctioned. The habitability of this world is truly a silver lining, as it may be necessary to gather materials from the environment to repair the hull and propulsion module.” The airlock opens up as everyone holds their breath in anticipation. After a few moments, everyone sighs in relief as the air is safe and sunlight streams into the ship.

“Welcome to a new world, ladies and gentlemen.”

General Deth Glitch General Deth Glitch Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic Crumbli Crumbli Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 FabulousTrash FabulousTrash

While still trying to get to grips with the current situation he was still focused on the current issue. "Stapledon, report the condition of the bust propulsion module." HE requested before having another thought "And while we are at it, can you send me the specifications of the hull make up and all exterior modules. May as well make an effort to protect them from future in atmos landings since I don't think we will be headed home anytime soon. Also can I get it all in a text document so I can refer to it as and when." HE said listening to the response as he continued looking over diagnostics from the jump and the FTL drive. He would have to answer to the crew about the FTL at some point soon as he didn't think anyone else who worked on the actual engine was on board. For now they were mostly distracted by the boffins attempting to make sense of the science of the situation but eventually the question will be asked "What was wrong with the FTL?" he current theory was the in scaling it up for the larger ship perhaps some of the alterations done in the scaling lead to a sudden spike, maybe the formula wasn't as linear as it appeared and actually a very angular exponential. Either way they were lost and would eventually need their engines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back