• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Voids Call - IC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"I suppose you're right. Negotiation seems like the only way... but... He's not easily bargained with. I can't say if he'd accept your offers but all sound fair." he answers, hesitant, lacking confidence in negotiation but understanding their vitality.

"A refits value sounds hard to refuse, on a financial level" weighs the Captain, leaning forward, hands on the desk.

"I will have no part of this, if amnesty's granted it wont be in Union space, I can assure that" drones the cynic Quill, hands on his hips, defensive.

"Silence small man" grunts the stoneskin in reply, annoyed at the humans shit attitude.

Epiphany Epiphany
GolemGuy GolemGuy

"Yes, this ship is of the Black Lotus. If war is what a man seeks then press. If not then return to your slums" adds Pyekuri, gun at hip level, chin forward and eyes narrow, projecting confidence despite the bang up situation.

Near thirty guns held back by a name drop, a flimsy one at that. Johnny wasn't active in Jerichos region anymore, who was to say what the Red Legion thought of its Black counterpart. Or if they even existed any more. All Pyekuri could do was wait for Flips reply, hoping that the bluff would pay off.

"I'm sorry!" yells Flip, rifle leaving his grip, shoulder strap stopping its fall to the ground, his hands raising in falsetto surrender.

"Black Lotus! Well it's been a while but, we wouldn't intrude on another gangs score, would we boys?" he continues, mocking, a few voices agreeing with him from behind.

"Black Lotus..." he says quietly.

"What's that?" he continues rhetorically, kneeling down next to Fera, grabbing one of the dangling, decorative human skulls.

"Uh huh, yeah... ok... wow that makes sense... thanks" he mumbles, nodding, "listening" to the skull before standing again.

"Your boss said to kill yourself" he quips, drawing laughter from his gang.

"We killed every member of the Black two years ago, that's Kings skull, Fera had it bleached after she slit his throat, you're lost boy, there is no Black Lotus, you shoulda stayed in high sec" rants Flip, hand raising again, directing his unit to raise weapons.

This was bad, real bad.

The Red Legion gang hadn't started shooting yet, but this was a good sign that they would and the combat focused Pyekuri reacted, placing helmet on head with practiced speed. His armor would hold long enough for him to reach cover, unless hit with something very heavy. He could only hope that Johnny's would do the same, unless of course, there was something clever his human counterpart had to say that could salvage the situation.

DiamondJack DiamondJack

Last edited:
Plash
Interactions: Jet Jet
Plash had stood listening silently as everyone spoke. She took most of this time to scan her surroundings and record and look over the situation. It seemed like a waste for them to come all this was for some untranslated transmissions, yet it also intrigued her that there were such things in the known universe. Especially with all the knowledge in the Stoqua databanks, such a thing seemed almost impossible on some level. When the mention of pirates got brought up Plash's interest peaked and she patiently waited for her turn to input her opinion on the situation.

"Captain," Plash looked toward the captain as she waited for a response before continuing. "If Mr. Lemoign has any knowledge about what the Cypher stone does or what it could be used for he may not easily give up such an object. Even if we were to heavily bribe the man with everything he could ever want, there is still the chance that he could refuse. There is also the chance that he could make a counter offer that we would have to refuse, in which case the negotiations could take a turn for the worst." She took a slipt second breath, her data banks bringing up countless files on different pirates her species has encountered within the past and within seconds she began to speak again. He minds reading countless reports and more then a few broken or corrupted files before any words could come out her mouth. "There is also still the chance that even if he were to accepts our offers and hand over the stone that he would not respect the trade. If he and his men were to come after the ship and crew we may not be ready if he finds a way to take us by surprise." For a brief moment, Plash pauses herself again. This time taking the second of silence to scan over everyone's faces, recording their expressions. It was at this moment that Plash noticed that she was putting out a lot of "the odds seem to be against us" vibes as she spoke, but this was all information the captain and the crew would have to consider before they go looking for a known pirate boss. "There is also the issue of finding Mr. Lemoign, getting around his army of men and making sure we are not immediately put on the firing end of a gun." With the last of her concerns out in the open, Plash fell into silence as she waited for a response.

Johnny let out a chuckle. He shook his head. The merc had caught this guy. Johnny was never a member of anything called the Black Lotus.

"Is that so Scarface? I ain't even actually heard of any crew called Black Lotus." Johnny retorted, "Well whatever gang you killed wasn't mine compadre. Natasha Redwood is my boss, nobody by the name of King. SCARLET Lotus douche bag. With that being said, remember those lovely cannons I mentioned? They're pointed at you and your sorry ass gang. You can shoot me if you want, but you and all those goons behind you will look like Swiss cheese in a few moments. But hey, I shoulda stayed in High Sec right?"

Johnny holstered his shotgun and put his arms out wide, "What'll it be Red Legion?"

[div class=wrapper][div class=box][div class="boxBg boxBgLarge"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgTall"][/div][div class="boxBg boxBgMedium"][/div][div class=boxInner][div class=statusBox][div class=characterPortrait]
oP1Dlye.jpg
[/div][div class=statusText]Location: Robert Krast's Office
Tags: Jet Jet Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 GolemGuy GolemGuy [/div][/div][div class=title]D:IANA #49[/div][div class=text]The Harbinger listens to the dissent among her team, observing the varying viewpoints with great interest. Her species had no such division. Conclusions were drawn from data sets and thus easily replicated. Biological species had a bewildering tendency to disagree, though, and the sociological results were even more fascinating than who was right or wrong. Ultimately though, this isn't her mission. She is one member of the crew. As far as D:IANA is concerned, it's the Captain's decision.

Plash's objections are noted. The Harbinger feels no need to argue her points, feeling their merit will be weighed accordingly. Instead, she says "You offer useful critique, Plash. Do you have a useful alternative course of action to offer as well? I suspect other proposals would be well received." She smiles to show she's unbothered by someone pointing out her proposal has its risks. [/div]
[div class=text][/div][/div][/div][/div] [class=wrapper] background-color:#5e757c; box-sizing:border-box; color:#FFFFFF; display:inline-block; position:relative; width:100%; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=title] color: #262626; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:3em; font-style:italic; padding:0; text-shadow:0 0 1em; margin-bottom: 10px; [/class] [class=box] margin:2em 1em; padding:2px 4px 0px; position:relative; [/class] [class=boxBg] box-sizing:content-box; height:100%; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; width:100%; [/class] [class=boxBgLarge] top:0; left:-5px; padding:0 4px; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.35); [/class] [class=boxBgTall] top:-8px;left:3px; padding:8px 0; width:calc(100% - 8px); height:100%; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.25); [/class] [class=boxBgMedium] top:-4px; left:-1px; padding:4px 0; border:1px solid rgba(255,255,255,.4); [/class] [class=boxInner] background-color: #5e757c; overflow:hidden; margin:0.5em; [/class] [class=statusBox] box-sizing: border-box; border-right: 3px dotted white; padding: 15px; float: left; max-width: 250px; margin: 0px 15px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=text] padding: 0px 15px 15px 15px; font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size:0.8em; [/class] [class=statusText] font-family: Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.75em; margin-top: 5px; [/class] [class=characterPortrait] box-sizing: border-box; position: relative; border-radius: 20px; overflow: hidden; [/class] [class name=characterPortrait state=hover] opacity: 0.5 [/class]

Theepo Krott
Robert Krast's Office
Interaction(s): Jet Jet

Theepo, despite his current temper, decided to offer what he could bargain for negotiations.
"The highest thing I could offer to the pirates within my authority would be a mixed-atmospheric ship of their choice from the Minister's Navy. If not, I could offer either... two thelekian super heavy mass-driver platforms... or twenty thelekian labor automatons" Theepo paused for a moment, taking in the surrounding area. "But perhaps we should discuss such delicate matters in a more secure and... private area," He added, spying around the desolate, haggard office. "Like the Maidens Blade."

Naiva was a hammer in a situation where a scalpel was required. She didn't subscribe to negotiations. Why solve with words what can be fixed with overwhelming force? At least that was her modus operandi for the last couple decades. Time and time again she had fought through opposition the old fashioned way and now, at age 52, she would have to weigh in on how to best negotiate with a bloody pirate king pin. Listening intently to her crew, she had to admit that Plashs critique was valid, if the pirate boss knew of what he held... Well their chances were slim to none. However, in the captains estimation there weren't any other options. At least with the value now added by Theepo they could put together a fantastic package deal, and perhaps at the ship the security experts could pledge resources as well.

"With Theepo's contribution we could put together a solid offer, but Plash makes a good point. If he knows about what that stone does, it might not matter what we offer him... Krast, what does Lemoign know of the stone and how can we reach him?" asks the captain, voice intense and engaged.

In reply, Krast clears his throat. Choked on a thought he pushes his glasses up again, glancing at each member of the crew.

"Its rather hard to say what he knows of the stone. He's no intellectual slouch I can assure you. As far as contacting him, we'll it's rather easy, there's a beacon on Ektep, Jerichos smallest moon, it relays messages to his network, all the way to his base in far orbit" responds the doctor.

"So what you're saying is that the guy knows he has an Archon caches key?" asks Quill rhetorically.

"This guy has been holding back information since he sent out the discovery" he continues, upset with the weasel-esque Archeologist.

"Whatever the case may be we should bring this to the Blade" remarks the Captain, nodding at Theepo.

"Doctor, collect whatever you need for the road" she continues.

"Now!!?" he asks, startled.

"Yes, now!" commands Naiva with a smirk, the bumbling Doctor scurrying about his open office collecting random items of un-obvious importance, along with several articles of clothing. In the meantime the crew are left standing there to discuss/observe as the doctor continues tossing and turning through his cluttered studio.

Apparently, the man didn't know his own crew name. Even with his less than prestigious IQ Flip could read that lie. However, what didn't seem like a lie was the last part of the masked man's statement. The part about the cannons specifically. Many ships of this size didn't have ground attack capabilities close range, but this ship... Upon inspection Flip could make out several laser batteries that would give them more than they could handle.

Spotters must have missed that KEY information thinks Flip, gun still raised, contemplating.

"YOU KNOW HE'S NOT LYING" comes Lee's voice from the ship, projected by some loudspeaker or another, bow-side laser turrets coming to life with a mechanical buzz, causing some among Flips gang to take prohibitive back steps. After a tense moment Flip speaks

"Lower em"

Come his resigned growl, gun barrel soon pointed planetside.

"Another opportunity will present itself, it always does" remarks Fera to Flip, mask turning her voice into a garbled parody.

Her hand cannon holstered she turns a death stare at Johnny. "I'll have my fun with you, just wait, and you..." she says, looking at the Vossmir.

"Vossmir is a delecacy in these parts... The meat.... It's quite tender once you cook through the connective tissues. You will cook well on our spit" she taunts, mock bowing in the Voss style with one arm extended far out to the side and backwards by a few degrees.

Chuckling, the feline hominid bites his lip. He'd kill this disrespectful bitch if chance provided.

Their guns lowered the gang is about to leave but is still in the field.

Johnny took a deep mental sigh of relief when the Red Legion started to walk away. Now Bones had a decision to make. He could strongly suggest that Lee open fire on the retreating pirates, he could throw a frag grenade, or he could just live and let live. Johnny wanted to ice this fool so bad, but ultimately decided that it wasn't his call to make. Johnny let the goons walk.

"That's what I thought," Johnny said. The merc then turned to Pyekuri, "I honestly thought I was gonna have a few more holes in me after that. Hopefully the Captain and the rest of the gang get back soon."

Johnny once again drew his shotgun and went back on guard.

Theepo Krott
Robert Krast's Office
Interaction(s):

Theepo paused for a moment, but then began to speak. "If we are all ready, let us get a move on, shall we?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back