• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic VMMORPG

I have an idea with potential. It deals with VMMORPG. A huge company called "Azana" leads the industry when it comes to gaming. They are most famous for their virtual reality. They have a social type lobby hub where players first log in. Once they are logged in there they can choose which VR game to play or just chat with other players/friends. There are.. we'll say 20 main ones.. but really for this only 2 will take the spot light. One is medieval esque (think Winter Moon or SAO/ALO) while the other is all sci-fi(think like a more futuristic GGO maybe). Players can't transfer characters without penalty, but they can transfer currency.

Last edited:
->What have you already come up with in regards to the game's mechanics and genre?

->Why is there a focus on two games and not one? What exactly is the main focus of the roleplay that being the case?

->I also have some questions on technical aspects:
*what are the post requirements?
*what restrictions on characters will there be?
*how complex do you plan on having the character sheets be?

--> I havent yet
--> two because.. diversity and challenge. Vmmorpg may be the main focus of the rp but I also feel like it could better create conflict outside of the games themselves.

-->
*I like long posts but I know its sometimes hard to do long posts in certain situations.. I would really only require a paragraph minimum entrance (5+ scentences).
*restrictions will be based off of what ever the game mechanics will be.. also stats/skill levels.. which is TBD.. because I'd love as much input from whomever is interested.
*it will be basic character sheet layouts but will need to be a minimum of two.
-one real person (outside the games)
-one inside one game or the other
-one inside one game or the other (optional)

Does the medieval one include magic or is it simply all skill based for the most part? I am still kind of curious as to why two main MMOs since it kind of split things up. Are you planning to just to have two different rp sections one for the medieval one and one for the sci-fi one?

Does the medieval one include magic or is it simply all skill based for the most part? I am still kind of curious as to why two main MMOs since it kind of split things up. Are you planning to just to have two different rp sections one for the medieval one and one for the sci-fi one?
Yes it would definitely include magic. Magic would also be a "class" so to say. It'll be broken up of course like regular mmos.

Two main mmos because I dont necessary want the selection to be bland. Maybe to different sections, maybe not. I'm definitely open to any input. I basically like the focus to be "Azana" and not specifically one mmo vs. The other.. if that makes sense..

Yes it would definitely include magic. Magic would also be a "class" so to say. It'll be broken up of course like regular mmos.

Two main mmos because I dont necessary want the selection to be bland. Maybe to different sections, maybe not. I'm definitely open to any input. I basically like the focus to be "Azana" and not specifically one mmo vs. The other.. if that makes sense..
Well, if you were going to make them two different sections completely there should probably some form of strong tie in that would through narrative attract the sections together. Maybe they're a group of game testers who need to try out a bunch products/projects before they're release and need to find bugs in the systems. Which would explain different MMOs since they're working for the general corporation to test out the entire network.

There is also the option of just keeping the character across all things and just have different sections through the MMO-verse (I had an idea like that a while back). Simply put, fantasy characters would start in fantasy like settings and world, while sci-fi characters would typically start elsewhere. One could go from one place to another through various means such as actually traveling there (though MMO experience, this typically means going through extremely tough enemies) or telportation stuff (which would usually mean a lot of money spent) or even events.

It would give a huge open universe feel I think, and perhaps give reason for why some science fiction class characters are with fantasy characters should they show up with each other or exchange at all. That being said, these are individual classes and they would probably be more adept at taking down different creatures. A samurai might have more trouble taking down technological traps and devices while a space scout might have trouble taking down magic beasts due to their magical protections and what not. Although, seeing as everyone is going to be an individual class, I think it would be based more around lore and devices rather than solely combat ability, since class different is going to make a big change all around.

I'm kind of going off of Maple Story in a sense. Seeing as with the gunner and mech class you start completely different from the rest but you can eventually get to them (in the second one you pretty much just need to beat the tutorial and you're good), the challenge of enemies combat wise is similiar but you have different story quests and what not... and capabilities in game such as hacking or building things, etc.

Well, if you were going to make them two different sections completely there should probably some form of strong tie in that would through narrative attract the sections together. Maybe they're a group of game testers who need to try out a bunch products/projects before they're release and need to find bugs in the systems. Which would explain different MMOs since they're working for the general corporation to test out the entire network.

There is also the option of just keeping the character across all things and just have different sections through the MMO-verse (I had an idea like that a while back). Simply put, fantasy characters would start in fantasy like settings and world, while sci-fi characters would typically start elsewhere. One could go from one place to another through various means such as actually traveling there (though MMO experience, this typically means going through extremely tough enemies) or telportation stuff (which would usually mean a lot of money spent) or even events.

It would give a huge open universe feel I think, and perhaps give reason for why some science fiction class characters are with fantasy characters should they show up with each other or exchange at all. That being said, these are individual classes and they would probably be more adept at taking down different creatures. A samurai might have more trouble taking down technological traps and devices while a space scout might have trouble taking down magic beasts due to their magical protections and what not. Although, seeing as everyone is going to be an individual class, I think it would be based more around lore and devices rather than solely combat ability, since class different is going to make a big change all around.

I'm kind of going off of Maple Story in a sense. Seeing as with the gunner and mech class you start completely different from the rest but you can eventually get to them (in the second one you pretty much just need to beat the tutorial and you're good), the challenge of enemies combat wise is similiar but you have different story quests and what not... and capabilities in game such as hacking or building things, etc.
Wow! That sounds nice. Definitely a main idea to consider. If you're interested, and if LyannaM LyannaM is still interested, then all we need is one more person before we start setting things up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back