• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Viva La Actionville! A Not So Super Supers RP! [Interest Thread; Always Open]

RedLeftHand36

Your Host Tonight

actionvilleposter.jpg

Once upon a time...

On March 3rd of 1980, US law had enacted the Sam Sheepdog-Ralph Wolf Act during a concord meeting in Kansas City, Missouri. Spearheaded by the Covert Intermediary Agency (the "other CIA"), the superhero team known as the Golden Hand, and the newly formed villanous organization known as MANTICORE, the act followed the disasterous end of the high profile villain organization Mamba, an event with hundreds of casualties. The Sam Sheepdog-Ralph Wolf Act defined the government sanctioned and secured establishment of liscensed heros and villains, citing the inevitability of such roles among the populace, and the ability to curtail the imminent destruction of battles between good and evil. The year is now 2003, and on the 23rd anniversary of the Sam Sheepdog-Ralph Wolf Act, the annual concord meeting occurs once more; Only now, something strange stirs within all three organisations, and tensions between them are at an all-time high. What will happen? Why, that will be up to YOU, dear reader.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome one and all to Actionville! Or, rather, Viva La Actionville, an attempted reboot of its predecessor. A not-so-serious RP to really make the "Oh sh*t!" moments pop when they occur, Actionville is inspired primarily by the show Venture Bros., with some minor influence from material such as One Punch Man, X-Men, Justice League, and miscellanious saturday morning cartoons a la Hanna-Barbera. The premise of the actual plot of the RP hinges on the mysterious disappearances of small-name characters and super technology from all organizations, and the attempt of all your characters to uncover the mysterious scheme behind it all; However, a fair portion of Actionville prioritises sandbox interactions between characters, emphasising the fact that people are, in fact, playing heroes and villains (and secret agents). This RP heavily encourages creativity, as there are a great many forms of "super" to take, be it sci-fi, fantasy, or more 'realistic' approaches. From your Supermen to your Dr. Stranges to your James Bonds, the world here is your oyster (within reason, of course).
Welcome to Actionville!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RULES

1. Obviously, general RPN rules apply here
2. Don't be a jerk
3. There is a line. On one side, just barely safe, are the edgelords. On the otherside are the overpowered edgelords. Don't go past the line.
4. Things will be fairly lax here, but I expect at least one post a week
5. No itty bitty posts; A standard paragraph is at least five sentences, so two paragraphs will be the bare minimum
6. Seriously, I can understand if English wasn't your first language but please don't be an example of what a crappy post looks like
7. 18+ only; I'm not gonna elaborate on that one

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LINKS

Character apps - Here
OOC - Here
Discord Server - Here
IC - Here

Last edited:
At the start I'll limit people to 2 characters each, but if circumstances provide the opportunity and things go well, we'll go on bumping that number up.
No I mean like, do you intend on accepting a few roles and then telling everyone else off?

I’ve been seeing *a lot* of that recently.

Hello! I was lurking on this forum and seeing this RP interest check got me to make an account. I would be very interested in joining, as I have had a kind of silly superhero character I have been wanting to use somewhere!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back