• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Visual update to the site?

Do you enjoy the New Light/Dark layout?

• Total voters
I've been working on a layout change recently and I'm still making edits to the colors and such but the previous framework that we used for the past few years had to go, since there were some bugs that clashed with bbcode and mobile phones that were just not fixable from our end.

Not many choices exist for our forum software that are reputable and this is the best we got to be honest. I am working on our own custom style that I'll release by summer so we can have our own unique Light and Dark, but that will take some time.
Was that really the biggest issue? Sorry just the whole lack of pfp following the post makes it hard to keep track of who’s post your reading… not to say it’s bad but why did it need to chance before you had that custome style done over a few errors of bbc code

Was that really the biggest issue? Sorry just the whole lack of pfp following the post makes it hard to keep track of who’s post your reading… not to say it’s bad but why did it need to chance before you had that custome style done over a few errors of bbc code
Because us using the old light and dark style was also preventing 7 months of site updates. Our board software and addons all received updates as soon as I removed the old styles.

Hey, guys!! Please don't nitpick. You all have to remember this is a rather small site in comparison to others, and there are only so many people developing it. We need to be supportive rather than difficult.

Personally, I don't mind the new update, aside from some uncanny feelings because of it not quite looking like RpN in my brain, yet! The blue really helps, though, so thank you so much for adding it so quickly!

Hey, guys!! Please don't nitpick. You all have to remember this is a rather small site in comparison to others, and there are only so many people developing it. We need to be supportive rather than difficult.
It’s not a nitpick when the site changes so drastically and suddenly with no word of warning it’s right to be concerned and annoyed

This site is a wonderful thing- it feels like home to me!! While it may have been jarring to see a whole new layout- that means that there are changes coming and that this site is still very much loved and taken care of. Dark Wizard is doing their best, so let's try and make this not such a fight- change isn't always a bad thing, it's just the indicator of better things to come. :lennymeh:

Wouldn't have hurt to put the update in the newsletter, but I also get just doing it and biting the bullet.

The new blue header at the top of post that was just added is nice. Makes it easier for the eyes to separate the post and blue is the color I associate with RPN, so the more blue the better. A good hotfix.

Riiight you could have warned everyone instead of randomly changing it out of the blue

That is on me, I have a lot of work to catch up on, and some updates just don't give me time to update the userbase and wait several days or a week or two for everyone to receive an email or alert. I've shown these off before (a few months ago) and reactions were mostly positive at the time. I'm normally really good about warning the site but sometimes things just need to happen again. Just give it a few days, it will be fine, I'm still fixing colors and tweaking spacing and everything else required.

Moving forward, I'm just going to have 1-2 days of the month that updates can happen at any point unless something major needs to be fixed out of those windows.

Style Updates are usually the most controversial updates that can happen, whether I announce them or not. This one needed to happen sooner rather then later, though.

If it helps tide things over a bit, I'm still working nonstop on processing feedback, just made it so that PMs which are unread actually look different from read PMs. For summer, I'm working on pastel themed styles, and a color picker for users to pick their color colors (highly requested) and just styles that are unique to us and allow us to not depend on any third party author for updates.

This site is a wonderful thing- it feels like home to me!! While it may have been jarring to see a whole new layout- that means that there are changes coming and that this site is still very much loved and taken care of. Dark Wizard is doing their best, so let's try and make this not such a fight- change isn't always a bad thing, it's just the indicator of better things to come. :lennymeh:
No not always at all it can be an indicator of manu poor things don’t blindly agree to things Becuse it comes out of the blue even if their would have been arguments it would have been nice to know before suddenly everything changes and a bunch of thngs Get screwed with

That is on me, I have a lot of work to catch up on, and some updates just don't give me time to update the userbase and wait several days or a week or two for everyone to receive an email or alert. I've shown these off before (a few months ago) and reactions were mostly positive at the time. I'm normally really good about warning the site but sometimes things just need to happen again. Just give it a few days, it will be fine, I'm still fixing colors and tweaking spacing and everything else required.

Moving forward, I'm just going to have 1-2 days of the month that updates can happen at any point unless something major needs to be fixed out of those windows.

Style Updates are usually the most controversial updates that can happen, whether I announce them or not. This one needed to happen sooner rather then later, though.

If it helps tide things over a bit, I'm still working nonstop on processing feedback, just made it so that PMs which are unread actually look different from read PMs. For summer, I'm working on pastel themed styles, and a color picker for users to pick their color colors (highly requested) and just styles that are unique to us and allow us to not depend on any third party author for updates.
Aaah right then Welp admitting it was just person issues fair enough and yeah you are normally really good arm warning about site changes hence my irritation… anyway we can get the game between posts a lot smaller least in the future updates the massive space between the pfp and the post does waste alot Of screen space especially on mobile

Speaking of which, thank you so much for getting the blue highlights up so quick. It really helps separate all the elements and I appreciate it a lot.

No not always at all it can be an indicator of manu poor things don’t blindly agree to things Becuse it comes out of the blue even if their would have been arguments it would have been nice to know before suddenly everything changes and a bunch of thngs Get screwed with
That's fair. But what's done is done, and since it would've happened anyway, I don't think there's a need to cause trouble for the admin, yknow?

Aaah right then Welp admitting it was just person issues fair enough and yeah you are normally really good arm warning about site changes hence my irritation… anyway we can get the game between posts a lot smaller least in the future updates the massive space between the pfp and the post does waste alot Of screen space especially on mobile

We just need some patience <3.

I'm not fond of everything myself either, but sometimes, some things just need to happen. Somethings were falling apart and sometimes just some updates need to happen, like ripping the bandaid off. I'll work on the spacing :)

We just need some patience <3.

I'm not fond of everything myself either, but sometimes, some things just need to happen. Somethings were falling apart and sometimes just some updates need to happen, like ripping the bandaid off. I'll work on the spacing :)
Sure all good thanks for explain properly man frankly that’s all I wanted

In any case, though, I'm still excited! New site content is always a treat with admins like RpN has! And Pastel styles sound really cool!

Just a bit of feedback- the DMs have a huge blank space on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back