• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Visual update to the site?

Do you enjoy the New Light/Dark layout?

• Total voters

Saurosian

Consecrated
The site has suddenly switched from blue to grey for me, among other changes in its style and layout. I'm just checking - is this a universal thing? Did I mess with a setting by accident or is something in my browser altering its layout? Or did I just miss the announcement that the site's look was being updated?

No its also happened to me. Does it look like a mid-2000s forum to ya'll as well? I could turn dark mode back on but its still rather strange and off-putting

I got booted from dark mode to light mode as well and had to switch it back to dark mode.

I think it's a layout update maybe?

Okay I bet y'all saw the new layout. I personally don't like it that much and its confusing in my opinion Does anyone else agree with this??

For me it's below average. ☠️
I mean. It's .. Manageable. But confusing yk

Last edited:
I've been working on a layout change recently and I'm still making edits to the colors and such but the previous framework that we used for the past few years had to go, since there were some bugs that clashed with bbcode and mobile phones that were just not fixable from our end.

Not many choices exist for our forum software that are reputable and this is the best we got to be honest. I am working on our own custom style that I'll release by summer so we can have our own unique Light and Dark, but that will take some time.

I've been working on a layout change recently and I'm still making edits to the colors and such but the previous framework that we used for the past few years had to go, since there were some bugs that clashed with bbcode and mobile phones that were just not fixable from our end.

Not many choices exist for our forum software that are reputable and this is the best we got to be honest. I am working on our own custom style that I'll release by summer so we can have our own unique Light and Dark, but that will take some time.
Thanks for clarifying! Does this mean some of those bugs are resolved with this update?

Is there any way to go back to the old layout, or is this like, a permanent change?

Oh, so this is here to stay? That's rough, kinda reminds me of like a site you'd stumble upon that was made in the early 2000s and is kept alive by like a handful of people but is mostly dead. Just doesn't 'pop' like the old one did [Also realllly dislike how the post look like text bubbles coming from the avatar].

Rather have the bugs, but I also don't code or post using my phone.

Look forward to seeing what you do in summer.

Thanks for clarifying! Does this mean some of those bugs are resolved with this update?

Yes, as far as I can tell, our entire catalog of visual bugs has been cleared actually. (Not counting any bugs that are created by actual formatting issues in bbcode).

I hate it.

Here's my list of reasons why

I can't see which chats need responding cuz its not in bold
The lay out sucks
When I scroll down the 4 gallery, members, and junk fallow me which I don't like
Colors changed on certain things like the "post thread" button is no longer green

TOO MUCH CHANGE AND IM NOT A PERSON FOR CHANGE! I HATE CHANGE!

no offence creators but please change it back

Anyone agree?

No its also happened to me. Does it look like a mid-2000s forum to ya'll as well? I could turn dark mode back on but its still rather strange and off-putting
Hi! That’s exactly what I thought! I’ve been on RPNation for a while and this is giving me nostalgia 😂

i miss the icons that scrolled down with you so you could tell who's post you were reading, and i'm also not a big fan of the speech bubble looking background. hopefully the scrolling icons make a comeback because it thought they were a lot of fun! just hung out with the post you were reading, chilling and watching you read :')) it's good the bugs have been resolved though!! can't wait to see what's in development 👀

Dark Theme is still receiving updates, it took a week or two before everyone was happy with it last time as well. Be patient y'all. Refresh, more Blue has just moved in.

i miss the icons that scrolled down with you so you could tell who's post you were reading, and i'm also not a big fan of the speech bubble looking background. hopefully the scrolling icons make a come back because it thought they were a lot of fun! just hung out with the post you were reading, chilling and watching you read :')) it's good the bugs have been resolved though!! can't wait to see what's in development 👀
I agree!! These two things were the most offputting to me. I loved how the profiles/convo information scrolled with you as you moved around the page,, now it's sort of clunky.
Despite that, I hope people don't get too upset with the changes!! I also look forward to what's in store!

I guess.

But for this specific stage. It's confusing as heck.

I agree!! These two things were the most offputting to me. I loved how the profiles/convo information scrolled with you as you moved around the page,, now it's sort of clunky.
Despite that, I hope people don't get too upset with the changes!! I also look forward to what's in store!
Pretty sure that was a feature of the last framework which had to go, I'll see what I can do!

i honestly think the scrolling icons next to the post was one of the more unique things on the site, but if it's problematic then i get why it had to go :'( thanks for all your hard work!! it looks good - it was just a big surprise to come on and see everything different, haha!

Same I refreshed and closed all my tabs like 3 times

Pretty sure that was a feature of the last framework which had to go, I'll see what I can do!
Thank you so much!! That would be wonderful. Your work is very much appreciated !! I remember the last visual update to the site people also had their qualms, but eventually it started to feel like RPNation again. It definitely takes time !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back