• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Video Visual Audiobooks?

HowlingWoods

"And she heaved the forest upon her back"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I honestly don't know what else to call this...ideas would be welcome!

So, I did this project for a school-related contest, and I later posted it on Youtube when coronavirus made it clear I'm not getting the results of the contest for a while. The contest had multiple options for ways to enter, and I chose Digital Storytelling, which I guess works for a title but doesn't really say what it is. Basically the idea is that we had to write an original story and then narrate it, before creating visual effects for it. I did a lot of photo-manipulation in this one, trying to make things look just right, but the sound effects were really an after thought to be honest. Plus, I had a deadline and I was working mostly on school equipment, and transferring between the programs they had available and the programs I had at home was more work than it was worth, so I had limited time each day (about an hour-long class period) to work on it. So, it was a bit rushed, especially near the end.

Point is, I'm making another one with the same concept, on my own free time...And I wanted some general criticism to help with my next video. Here's what I already know:

• It's rushed
  • The saturation on the Savannah background while the sun is rising is waaay too high
  • I need more visual variety / the images sit around too long, especially near the end
  • The fight is kinda anti-climactic in presentation
  • That scar in the thumbnail looks distinctly human (that's because it actually is...)
  • Wolves don't look like that! (Ethiopian wolves do!)
  • I stutter. A lot. I'm editing out the stutters in the next one as best I can, I didn't have time in the first version.
  • Probably more problems I'm forgetting right now. :/

The next one is a historical fiction one-shot called The Easy Way Out and features a lot of alcohol and crying. It's also humans this time, so that will be interesting. Let me know if there's any info you can give to help me improve my next one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back