• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Visionary Panic (Anime Style Urban Fantasy)

Main

Cresion Breezes

Beta Tester of Life
May 20th Update: New openings available, 1-2 spots.

Check out the OoC, IC, lore, and special in-universe flavour threads etc: Fantasy - Visionary Panic [OOC and Characters]

Extended Lore Here

Discord (Optional but good to have)

o5dPy3Y.png

all art by me

LHAKzts.png

“Those are very special eyes you have, truly a window to the soul. Make sure to close them when the siren sounds.”

aMb85G3l.png
At a certain time in history, the Muduo (Eye-snatchers) appeared. They are fierce, grotesque creatures, some even have abilities that humans only dreamt of when thinking of gods. These creatures preyed on humans, but only specifically their eyes. They have a special attraction to those orbs, as for why, it’s still quite unknown.

To take refuge from these monsters, the humanity of today huddles in cities connected via railroad, made with materials that can hide the presence of a person’s eyes. Of course, there is a fighting chance, humanity’s champions: the Visionaries. Visionaries are people who possess a strange eye colour, as well as a supernatural ability that goes along with it. They vary in nature, but they give people the ability to fight against the Muduo.

Welcome to Mistol, or the ‘Capital of the Mist’, as many would describe it as. Being the largest settlement of humans, it is an industrial city surrounded by a perpetual mist, with a strange tower at its core. It is said the mist keeps the Muduo at bay, a rumor or truth? That’s still unknown.

This bastion is not fool proof however, the ever expanding population thins out the mist, and Muduos occasionally spill over in places where the mist retreats. This is why Mistol is also the biggest employer and talent agent of Visionaries. With good treatment, benefits, and even a special method to allow the survival of lethal damage, foreign Visionaries’ desire to seek employment in Mistol is almost as strong as an average Mistol citizen’s wish to awaken as a Visionary.

Of course, there is always a catch to these sorts of things, but...you don't need to worry. Everything will be fine.

At the heart of the city stands the great Misthart Tower, an enormous structure that serves as the main government institution. It handles many day to day affairs as well as the employment of Visionaries and defense against the Muduo. About 10% of Misthart Tower’s employees are visionary, the rest are ordinary people simply having a job. There are six main departments within the Tower that handle various different jobs.

5DHFXGg.png

• eK2IIhK.png
    Sentinels are patrol agents that survey various areas of the city regularly. They are responsible for sounding the sirens when Muduos are sighted, and keeping track of the density of mist within the city’s borders. In addition to Muduo related affairs, sentinels also act as informants and undercover agents when investigating human crimes.

So, welcome to my interest check I guess.
Visionary Panic is an anime-esque, dystopian urban fantasy about people with superpowers killing monsters that wants to eat their eyeballs. There are some mystery elements (that I hopefully presented in the interest check itself) so it wouldn't be strictly beating up monsters.

The players will be a part of a newly formed "special task force" team and take on menial tasks and fetch quests (by anime standards) while finding out sus things about the truth behind the world they live in. There is a "main plot" per say, but there will also be free sandbox periods for developing character relationships. Depending on what types of character sheets I receive I will try to integrate plots for specific characters as well.

Discord OOC is preferred and art/anime face claims only.
Posting expectations is 1-3 times a week, 1 paragraph/5 sentences or more per post. If you want to most shorter and more frequently there can be collabs.
I would like 4-5 players to start, if more are interested I will consider getting a co-GM to help me out as I do all the writing, planning, and art for this RP.

Last edited:
Thank you for all the interest, as I said since there seems to be a lot of people interested I would be open for a co-GM. If not then this RP would be limited to 6 players until I do get a co-GM.

I will be working on the character sheets thread along with other OOC information pertaining to it.

Sounds interesting.

Think you'll be making an OOC thread here on this site as well?
The OOC thread would likely be baked in with the lore thread for people to ask questions about and have important answers be there, more general and casual chat, personal discussions about plot/characters would be on discord.

The nature of this RP's plot would heavily benefit some fast-paced OOC discussions, so having an actual chat software would work better than forum threads.

Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes I have trouble running chat clients on my devices,so in the other roleplays I've been participating in on this site I've been communicating with others through the corresponding OOC threads.

If you think that won't be enough,that's alright. I won't join in just yet if that's the case.

Since there's a player limit, I'll probably be out for this rp so others can enjoy it. I'll probably be too busy anyway.

If turns there isn't enough people I might return.

Good luck with the rp!

OOC & Character Sheets
The OOC and sign-up have been created, with some additional lore and information.

Please don't hesitate too much due to the space limit, I am flexible on the 6 person limit as long as it doesn't get too out of hand to account for drops/inactive people.

Cresion Breezes Cresion Breezes I have trouble running chat clients on my devices,so in the other roleplays I've been participating in on this site I've been communicating with others through the corresponding OOC threads.

If you think that won't be enough,that's alright. I won't join in just yet if that's the case.
Discord does have a browser-based client but if you already tried that then I would wait a bit to see how active people are in the ooc and if it's sustainable. I'm not planning to make a discord until there has been some character sheets and ooc discussions/questions done. If that is super active it could still work.

very interested and posting my favorite hidden-eyed anime boy for inspo. if you need a co-gm i might be able to help but i'm also gming three roleplays of my own so i wouldn't be able to do too much.

f5a2f8cb-a88a-44e6-9476-ea43ccfeb0dc.png

This looks really awesome! Not only does the world seem really cool and fun (seriously, if this were a show I'd love to watch an episode it's very promising) but the art and design are great!! Big fan of what you've done here. If there's still room consider me interested.

This looks really awesome! Not only does the world seem really cool and fun (seriously, if this were a show I'd love to watch an episode it's very promising) but the art and design are great!! Big fan of what you've done here. If there's still room consider me interested.
Currently only four people have made characters so yes we still have room

Join us on the dark side :cheshiregrin:

Digging up the interest check because only 1/4 people who showed interested actually made a character and only 1/2 of those are still posting

Users who are viewing this thread

Back