• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Visian Academy OOC

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine
I just had a few questions/statements for the lore of your character. It's fine to have a non-human royal within a non-human kingdom, but we do want you to be aware that human royals are the ones that typically have power over large landscapes outside of Visian Academy, and even then, Visian Academy is a merit-based school, so things such as class or influence won't work here. If you already knew this, then no worries. The other question was about the bodyguard. Are they like a familiar (where they'd then have to be as strong or weaker than your neko character) or are they an NPC? If they are an NPC and not classified as a familiar, then they wouldn't be allowed on campus grounds since they aren't an enrolled student. If you enroll them as a person, you'd need a second CS for them specifically.

I just had a few questions/statements for the lore of your character. It's fine to have a non-human royal within a non-human kingdom, but we do want you to be aware that human royals are the ones that typically have power over large landscapes outside of Visian Academy, and even then, Visian Academy is a merit-based school, so things such as class or influence won't work here. If you already knew this, then no worries. The other question was about the bodyguard. Are they like a familiar (where they'd then have to be as strong or weaker than your neko character) or are they an NPC? If they are an NPC and not classified as a familiar, then they wouldn't be allowed on campus grounds since they aren't an enrolled student. If you enroll them as a person, you'd need a second CS for them specifically.
First of all, good morning (it is morning where I am, but if it is different time of day for you, please adjust the greeting)! To answer your question, I actually was not aware that the rulers were predominantly human. I also want to assure you that my character was not sent to the academy to gain influence or build connections, but simply to gain experience and wisdom in order to become a better leader.
As for the "family guardian," the creature is not completely fleshed out yet, but I did have in mind a familiar companion. I'll get started on writing a section for it asap.
Or, if you prefer, I can rework my character's background completely if it does not work for you. Thanks for the questions, I hope this clarifies a lot of things!

First of all, good morning (it is morning where I am, but if it is different time of day for you, please adjust the greeting)! To answer your question, I actually was not aware that the rulers were predominantly human. I also want to assure you that my character was not sent to the academy to gain influence or build connections, but simply to gain experience and wisdom in order to become a better leader.
As for the "family guardian," the creature is not completely fleshed out yet, but I did have in mind a familiar companion. I'll get started on writing a section for it asap.
Or, if you prefer, I can rework my character's background completely if it does not work for you. Thanks for the questions, I hope this clarifies a lot of things!
It just hit noon for me. I recommend looking over the "extra lore tab" on the interest check to see if that can answer any additional questions you may have in the future if you haven't already. As for the ruler part, the lore is free enough to where creating a character with a unique background is greatly appreciated. As long as you're aware that humans are seen as the species with "true power", almost like they are dictators over a majority of the kingdom's inhabitants, it's totally acceptable for a tribe to exist within this world and have a hierarchy within the said tribe. In fact, it gives it more character as a world. Just don't be confused if humans don't take kindly to a non-human being addressed as "ojou-sama" and that her influence outside that tribe is virtually non-existent. As for the familiar, once you are able to write up the section for the admins to look over, then we can safely accept you when preparations on our side are done. This was mainly just to gauge your understanding of the lore. Thanks for all the cooperation and understanding!

It just hit noon for me. I recommend looking over the "extra lore tab" on the interest check to see if that can answer any additional questions you may have in the future if you haven't already. As for the ruler part, the lore is free enough to where creating a character with a unique background is greatly appreciated. As long as you're aware that humans are seen as the species with "true power", almost like they are dictators over a majority of the kingdom's inhabitants, it's totally acceptable for a tribe to exist within this world and have a hierarchy within the said tribe. In fact, it gives it more character as a world. Just don't be confused if humans don't take kindly to a non-human being addressed as "ojou-sama" and that her influence outside that tribe is virtually non-existent. As for the familiar, once you are able to write up the section for the admins to look over, then we can safely accept you when preparations on our side are done. This was mainly just to gauge your understanding of the lore. Thanks for all the cooperation and understanding!
Thank you very much! Actually, it makes it much more interesting for me that my character won't be taken seriously among the human kingdoms. I'll make some adjustments and hopefully my character sheet will be completed in a few hours. I'm so excited to get started!

Clouds Clouds
I had some points I wanted to bring up about your character's abilities. Mind Control is always iffy and we decided that for this RP we plan to have such powers be unusable in the school. You are welcome to add a replacement ability or just have it shelved while at the school. In regards to the paralysis I was wondering if you had an alternative available as a full body paralysis can be very powerful. With the vertigo I just wanted to check on the limitations of it. How many people can be under the effect at once and what's the range of it?
Outside of that I love the character. Sorry for the slower response, I've had a busy morning.

Silvis Silvis I see, but I'll have to rewrite if mind-control can't be used since it hangs together with the other abilities. The vertigo is currently limited to about 3 people at clear sight.

Clouds Clouds
Sorry about that on the mind control it's something we felt necessary. For the vertigo I would just like to understand how it happens. Is it her voice or maybe her stare? I would also like to ask about the alternative to paralysis again as it can completely kick a player out of a situation.

Arvios Arvios
Your character looks good to go. We're not completely set up on our end to send invites just yet but look forward to that discord link once we are. In particular, I wanted to give a "well done" on the abilities you gave to him. Very thought out and balanced. I look forward to see where the character will go in the story.

Arvios Arvios
Your character looks good to go. We're not completely set up on our end to send invites just yet but look forward to that discord link once we are. In particular, I wanted to give a "well done" on the abilities you gave to him. Very thought out and balanced. I look forward to see where the character will go in the story.
Thank you, your comment means a lot! I will post here once I have the history and familiar completely fleshed out, just in case something doesn't fit in quite right.

So I was mulling around some ideas and I wondered if familiars would be able to use pre-made magical rituals, like the ones on the scrolls?

Like if their master made a fireball scroll, would the familiar be able to pour magic into the scroll to make a fireball or nah?

Sorry for taking a little to get back to your sheet, but I'm here now! Let's see. I think we're good on lore, but I do have some questions about your abilities that I forgot to mention earlier. I'm not sure what your definition of "super" is for strength, speed, etc. Maybe I've been privy to too many characters with god-like qualities, but can we assume these are more like slightly enhanced traits? That she's stronger, faster, keener, and has a better sniffer than a human, but isn't lifting entire buildings with her pinky. I don't know if we have to go as far as to get super specific on the limitations, but maybe just getting rid of the word "super" and changing it to "enhanced" or something sounds less frightening. Oh, and I love the beaserker idea, but I wanted to remind everyone that familiars are meant to be weaker or as strong as their owners. I can't tell if increasing their strength tenfold is still weaker than Aimi or not. Also, how tall is it when going into Berserk mode? The Principal likes to keep familiars small if he can help it.

So I was mulling around some ideas and I wondered if familiars would be able to use pre-made magical rituals, like the ones on the scrolls?

Like if their master made a fireball scroll, would the familiar be able to pour magic into the scroll to make a fireball or nah?
Of course ^-^ We aren't opposed to familiars using magic as long as it matches their master's strength or whatnot. It's been decided that familiars won't be allowed in the fighting tournaments held unless their master is completely dependent on them to fight. If you are still keeping with Erika being a ghost, then it's completely fair for her to use her familiar to her advantage. Hope that helps!

Of course ^-^ We aren't opposed to familiars using magic as long as it matches their master's strength or whatnot. It's been decided that familiars won't be allowed in the fighting tournaments held unless their master is completely dependent on them to fight. If you are still keeping with Erika being a ghost, then it's completely fair for her to use her familiar to her advantage. Hope that helps!

Thank you! I am still planning on keeping Erika as a ghost with a tiny familiar helper so that'll be interesting once she's thrown into a tourney woo

When you have to throw away a character idea because you realize it really doesn't appeal to you. ._.

RIP Dhampir idea. xD.

Hopefully. I have a... custom race in mind; one that follows along the same theme as a dhampir: darkness, pseudo-human, etc.
Just different thematics.

Just a matter of me hammering it out to be good, detailed, and not OP.

Hopefully. I have a... custom race in mind; one that follows along the same theme as a dhampir: darkness, pseudo-human, etc.
Just different thematics.

Just a matter of me hammering it out to be good, detailed, and not OP.
Well I'm sure myself or the other mods would be happy to help with any questions you might have and I for one am excited to see what you come up with.

Sorry for taking a little to get back to your sheet, but I'm here now! Let's see. I think we're good on lore, but I do have some questions about your abilities that I forgot to mention earlier. I'm not sure what your definition of "super" is for strength, speed, etc. Maybe I've been privy to too many characters with god-like qualities, but can we assume these are more like slightly enhanced traits? That she's stronger, faster, keener, and has a better sniffer than a human, but isn't lifting entire buildings with her pinky. I don't know if we have to go as far as to get super specific on the limitations, but maybe just getting rid of the word "super" and changing it to "enhanced" or something sounds less frightening. Oh, and I love the beaserker idea, but I wanted to remind everyone that familiars are meant to be weaker or as strong as their owners. I can't tell if increasing their strength tenfold is still weaker than Aimi or not. Also, how tall is it when going into Berserk mode? The Principal likes to keep familiars small if he can help it.
I apologize for the late reply! Hahaha, I definitely don't want my character to have god-like, op powers. Yes, it is more an enhancement of her physical abilities than anything else, much like how a wild cat is physically superior to a human being. Powerful enough to make a difference, but not so powerful Aimi cannot be matched.
As for the Beaserker (I couldn't think of a better name lol) I did want to make Berserk mode a viable threat, but did keep in mind that the creature should not be overpowered - that is why I placed a time limit on it. Should I lower the time limit, then, to give it an even bigger handicap?
I imagine Beaserkers about the size of a small housecat, or even a squirrel. They stay this way most of the time, except when their masters are under extreme threat (I should have specified that a little more), then I imagine they swell up to the size of, say, an SUV. Would that be a problem?

I apologize for the late reply! Hahaha, I definitely don't want my character to have god-like, op powers. Yes, it is more an enhancement of her physical abilities than anything else, much like how a wild cat is physically superior to a human being. Powerful enough to make a difference, but not so powerful Aimi cannot be matched.
As for the Beaserker (I couldn't think of a better name lol) I did want to make Berserk mode a viable threat, but did keep in mind that the creature should not be overpowered - that is why I placed a time limit on it. Should I lower the time limit, then, to give it an even bigger handicap?
I imagine Beaserkers about the size of a small housecat, or even a squirrel. They stay this way most of the time, except when their masters are under extreme threat (I should have specified that a little more), then I imagine they swell up to the size of, say, an SUV. Would that be a problem?
An SUV is definitely quite large. I own a mini SUV myself and it is definitely not a size to laugh at. It's larger than several horses put together. Silvis Silvis can probably attest to how small it would need to be, given he is the principal. An animal that large with serated teeth sounds absolutely terrifying. And again, how strong is tenfold? What exactly does it do? A few seconds can mean life or death, as we have discussed with other characters.

An SUV is definitely quite large. I own a mini SUV myself and it is definitely not a size to laugh at. It's larger than several horses put together. Silvis Silvis can probably attest to how small it would need to be, given he is the principal. An animal that large with serated teeth sounds absolutely terrifying. And again, how strong is tenfold? What exactly does it do? A few seconds can mean life or death, as we have discussed with other characters.
Oh jeez, when you put it like that X'D. In that case, how about the size of a regular wolf? Big enough to protect, but not so large that it can decimate a school. Once again, I'd like to reiterate that berserk mode is only activated when the beaserker's master is in an EXTREMELY dangerous situation - it won't be transforming willy-nilly at the slightest hint of danger. I probably should have stated that more clearly!
I also probably overdid it with the "power increases ten-fold part"... in their cute form, beaserkers are quick and light on their feet and can deliver a mean injury with their bite, but they aren't particularly powerful. I imagined berserk mode as an unleashing of their inner beast, where all physical abilities are enhanced. They have the ferocity of a tiger, the speed f a cheetah, the strength of a lion... It's a little hard to specify exactly...
Originally I had thought to give Aimi a berserk mode, but I wanted her abilities to be more focused around intelligence and strategy rather than brawn. What would you suggest I tweak on my character sheet?

Oh jeez, when you put it like that X'D. In that case, how about the size of a regular wolf? Big enough to protect, but not so large that it can decimate a school. Once again, I'd like to reiterate that berserk mode is only activated when the beaserker's master is in an EXTREMELY dangerous situation - it won't be transforming willy-nilly at the slightest hint of danger. I probably should have stated that more clearly!
I also probably overdid it with the "power increases ten-fold part"... in their cute form, beaserkers are quick and light on their feet and can deliver a mean injury with their bite, but they aren't particularly powerful. I imagined berserk mode as an unleashing of their inner beast, where all physical abilities are enhanced. They have the ferocity of a tiger, the speed f a cheetah, the strength of a lion... It's a little hard to specify exactly...
Originally I had thought to give Aimi a berserk mode, but I wanted her abilities to be more focused around intelligence and strategy rather than brawn. What would you suggest I tweak on my character sheet?
I think we finally have a good idea of what we want and don't want, so I'll try to hit every point that needs adjusting. Let's first cover Aimi's ability. I think that by just changing the word "super" to something like enhanced or superior is the best bet for starters. Then, I think you summed it up perfectly yourself with the analogy: "much like how a wild cat is physically superior to a human being. Powerful enough to make a difference, but not so powerful Aimi cannot be matched." That sums up her traits. As for the familiar, I think that a pink squirrel familiar is adorable. For the berserk mode, the size of a wolf is a perfect transformation, because I previously thought it transformed into the size of a ten-foot swol dude or something like that (I'm so sorry). If we can remove the tenfold idea entirely and be specific with the boosts, such as the "ferocity of a tiger and strength of a lion" bit, we'll be golden. Oh, and a unique trait we actually wanted you to include as an additional ability is that the cute furball can puff up and protect Aimi from an incoming attack when it senses danger, much like an airbag in a car. That way, we can remove the tenfold thing but still keep the keen awareness of a beaserker. I hope this helps tie your sheet together and thank you for working alongside us this entire time. We are excited to RP with you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we finally have a good idea of what we want and don't want, so I'll try to hit every point that needs adjusting. Let's first cover Aimi's ability. I think that by just changing the word "super" to something like enhanced or superior is the best bet for starters. Then, I think you summed it up perfectly yourself with the analogy: "much like how a wild cat is physically superior to a human being. Powerful enough to make a difference, but not so powerful Aimi cannot be matched." That sums up her traits. As for the familiar, I think that a pink squirrel familiar is adorable. For the berserk mode, the size of a wolf is a perfect transformation, because I previously thought it transformed into the size of a ten-foot swol dude or something like that (I'm so sorry). If we can remove the tenfold idea entirely and be specific with the boosts, such as the "ferocity of a tiger and strength of a lion" bit, we'll be golden. Oh, and a unique trait we actually wanted you to include as an additional ability is that the cute furball can puff up and protect Aimi from an incoming attack when it senses danger, much like an airbag in a car. That way, we can remove the tenfold thing but still keep the keen awareness of a beaserker. I hope this helps tie your sheet together and thank you for working alongside us this entire time. We are excited to RP with you!
Sounds great! I'll go make those adjustments right away. Thank you for helping me, I hope I didn't give you too much trouble!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back