• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Aetil
Mentioned: (very briefly) Katarina, Winston, Dren, Rosalina
WoolooQueen WoolooQueen Heterological Heterological NyxNightmare NyxNightmare TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity
Interacting: Aiden
Lo Mayn Lo Mayn

I mean of all the devils to get dragged into this why did it have to be me? Nis or Vae would’ve handled this mess so much better, or at least gotten themselves killed trying. Aetil let out a defeated sigh as he continued walking along behind the feline, barely watching where he was going. Whatever, I’ll deal with her and then go find my new room, all I have to do is try. After nodding to himself and affirming his decision he finally looked up from the floor, noticing his 'guide' had paused in the grandiose entryway to the school’s library along with a few others who seemed to be basking in its glory before rushing off. “Of course she ran in here...” The fiend sighed again, mumbling the statement under his breath as he walked through the threshold and turned down a different row of shelves than those already in the space. He had spent some amount of time in the libraries halls, acquainting himself with the ever-shifting nature of the the place. It was something to marvel at for certain, but after some time the maze of floating and static shelves grew to be more of a hassle than anything else.

He took a moment to orient himself in the vast space, his familiar taking the opportunity to jump and rest on his shoulder for the time being, before following the path of least resistance as he thought that would have been the one Aiden would have taken. It didn’t take him long to catch the sound of her footsteps in the still air, taking a secondary route to gain some ground before cutting her off about ten feet ahead. “There you are...” He took a moment, pinching the bridge of his nose before meeting her gaze and speaking again. “Obviously we both share the same view of this arrangement, and I’d be perfectly fine if we both act like the other doesn’t exist.” His posture shifted slightly, leaning against one of the stationary bookshelves arms crossed for the time being. “As a warning though, it will look much worse for you than for me if this continues. Most expect the ‘uncivilized monster’ to balk at the idea of co-existence, and the humans to show their superiority through humility. It will be interesting to see how others react if you’re supposed to be the better half of our pair.” The feline on his shoulder stuck it’s tongue out at the woman, giving her a playful blep as Aetil stared at her straight-faced and unblinking.​

Rosalina
Rosalina post pic.png

As Dren stood up, Rosalina had assumed they gave up on the riddle. Someone unwilling to think had no right to be in her library. She pressed her lips together, prepared to divulge in her world of fiction once more. Then, a gloved finger pressed down on her book, replacing it with the image of Dren's face as it closed in on hers. He stopped right before their mouths touched, the scent of freshly cut bamboo wafting from his shallow breaths. She felt her face become hotter as he spoke, yet her features never shifted. Does he think I'm a joke? What sort of response was that? The answer he gave was still an answer, even if it wasn't what Rosalina hoped for.

"You're being improper, Mr. Rieker," she said, taking the text in her hand and pushing it into his face to create some distance between them. "It's because of our living situation that we must stress formalities," she continued, now floating in the air behind him. "If I catch you near me during the night, those holes won't be metaphorical, either." In a spin, she turned towards where Katarina and Winston had entered. While Dren was fooling around, she had let four students slip past her, one being the hellspawn that Professor Nekomancer had summoned during their first greeting. As long as they didn't get too rowdy with the green-haired human, she planned to leave them to their own devices. With a small flick of her wrist, she beckoned for Dren to follow. "Repay my hospitality by helping me with these students."

As she approached the duo near the bookshelves, the information on their records came to mind. Rosalina had a bad habit of memorizing every applicant that enrolled for Visian Academy, but since the Principal didn't mind it, she continued to do so. "You haven't interrupted a thing, Ms. Crowe," Rosalina affirmed, her body swaying forward before coming to a complete halt and lowering herself to the ground in front of them. "If you need any help finding something in the library, I am at your service. Be wary that I must request you answer a riddle of mine first, however. You may decline, but be warned that this home of mine isn't kind to random visitors that haven't proven themselves." There was animosity laced in her words, despite her uncaring display.

How odd, she thought to herself, eyeing Katarina from head to toe. Her file marks her down as human, and yet I sense anything but that. Did somebody tamper with their data? Lost in her thoughts, Rosalina stumbled on her next words. "Shall we bwegwin-" Her cheeks turned a flush of pink, the bear girl now fixated on her shoes. With a light cough, she restated herself.

"Shall we begin?"

Interacting: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare WoolooQueen WoolooQueen Heterological Heterological
Mentioned: Mistborn Mistborn Lo Mayn Lo Mayn

• ❖ Nikiri ❖
    Location: Auditorium | Interacting: Nekomancer TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity and Ed Lo Mayn Lo Mayn | Mentioning: Elsa Superfly47 Superfly47

The trickle of blood dripping from Nikiri's nose became a steady stream. Things were not looking bright for this neko. Still, her concern for the cloaked man took priority. Several students walked right over his broccoli-covered body. Each time Nikiri made an effort to prevent another foot from squashing him, she fell a bit late. This was doing wonders for her punctuality record. After the stampede subsided, Nikiri was about to assess the damages to the cloaked man. She desperately hoped they wouldn't have to be making a trip to the coroner's office instead.

Just then, warm hands encased her own. The man was indeed alive. In fact, he appeared more alive than ever as he gazed into her eyes. There was something oddly hypnotic about his stare that Nikiri couldn't quite place. Enchanted, the woman barely heard the compliment on her hair from her supposed buddy. Buddy? What is that? Nikiri couldn't look away or speak. Did this man cast a binding spell? Even as he defiled her smooth skin with those clammy hands of his, words of protest wouldn't come to her. It was as if time stopped just so this cloaked magician could capture her forever. Some might call it romantic, but Nikiri only found it to be unnerving.

An outsider appeared to hear Nikiri's mental pleas as he rammed into the human male. Albeit, rather clumsily. So clumsily that the human male fell into Nikiri. Literally, into her. There was not enough warning to escape this fate. Huh? A few blinks later, and Nikiri mustered enough courage to slowly crane her neck down to inspect the madness. How would she explain this to her family? She hadn't even experienced her first kiss yet, and a man was already INSIDE her??! She didn't even know his name!

Just keep smiling. That's what the fae always told me when things get rough. Just keep smiling, smiling, smiling, SMILING...
    Sweat began to fall down the neko's forehead. The plastered grin on her face began to rip at the edges. "Hi, Ed. This is fine. I'm fine. Everything is great. I'm Nikiri, by the way. What a strange turn of events, huh? Not that I'm complaining. What is there to complain about? Nope. No complaints here."

Nikiri wasn't sure if it was the traumatic experience of having a man inside her chest or the blood loss, but the auditorium began to spin. It spun until the edges of Nikiri's vision grew dark and cascaded into nothingness. As her body fell limp, it tipped forward from the weight of the human's lower half. At least this time, Nikiri's face was spared the merciless floor. With her head firmly in the ass of her newfound appendage, the situation couldn't' possibly get any more awkward. Right?

MEANWHILE, Maru the magnificent familiar was still laying passed out several feet from her master. She had been K.O'd on impact.

Derp.png
Scathrai Deiyan
Interaction: Dante Verren Dante Verren (Jaycee), NyxNightmare NyxNightmare (Saren)​
Scath breathed a quick sigh of relief when Jaycee went on tack with exploring the campus. Scath did NOT want to make himself look like a bumbling fool in front of girls any more than he probably already did this day. ...However, it looks like fate had other things in mind for him. "Oi, you with the clockwork fox. I couldn't quite catch your apology for ramming your dagger-like elbow into my precious back." Scath jumped at the sudden interruption, and turned around to look at whoever was angry at him, apology on his lips.

Which promptly died in mortification when he saw who it was, along with the rest of the tirade: "This goddess's body wasn't built overnight. Show some respect, please, and thank you." The only response which the girl who was demanding the apology got was a squeak from Scath. Evelynn, who had just calmed down after Scath's original embarrassment, burst out laughing again, this time falling off of his shoulders to land on the floor. Which was probably a good thing, because it distracted Scath from doing something every guy would have done when a girl...well, uh, forcibly presents herself to a guy.

Shy Scath may be, but he was still a guy.

Turning to look at Evelynn in concern- which also conveniently helped hide his beet red face- he was grateful to Jaycee when he responded to the girl's rather... aggressive approach at getting an apology from him. Come on, Evelynn. That was a dangerous thing to do! What if a couple of gears get knocked out of alignment or something... That probably wasn't the case with Evelynn, but still, Scath worried. And was embarrassed at the same time. Maybe a dash irritated at Evelynn as well. All on the first day of school. Great.

While Jaycee was in the middle of reprimanding the girl, Scath turned his head back so that he partially faced the girl; it was clear he was blushing. Furthermore, his mouth was opening and closing, without uttering a word. Scath was trying to say something, but he was literally speechless at the moment. Only when Jaycee finished did Scath manage to whisper out a faint "I-I'm sorry, " before getting even more flustered and turning his head quickly to face Evelynn again.

W41q7eW.png

Evanu'nal Kour'es

Hallway from Auditorium Visian's Main Entrance

Mentions: TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

Interacting With: Twisted Tea Twisted Tea VomitIcicle VomitIcicle

Evan felt a bit unnerved in the presence of the blonde man. It didn't take more than 10 seconds worth of interaction as a newcomer, but his body language and wording were mainly to blame for this. Perhaps it was the man studying his form with a forced expression to hide his acrimony, or the comment that he made in relation to his partner. Tac wasn't 'freakish looking?' Then, was he something that would fall under that definition to the man? The fact that he said it so naturally struck a nerve to the beastfolk, or at least until he aided him by offering a suggestive answer to his question. This gave him mixed signals; why would he be insulting, only to help him a second later? At this point, the thought flashed, that there was no way of knowing how it was meant to be directed. Sarasota did look upset before he contacted him. He was clearly already having a bad day, and perhaps the comment may have been honed a bit sharper than intended. Knowingly, this was his optimism taking the lead.

"Under the... broccoli?" Evan questioned with a confused look, snapping out of his inner monologue. "Why would someone be under broccoli?" His statement was riddled with concern, though was not entirely rhetoric.

As he ponders as to the why to his own question, his thoughts begin to transition, namely because of the presence of the other man. Something about him was pulling his attention towards him... While he was able to pin a description of why he felt as previously explained towards Sarasota, he couldn't help but wonder what to feel about the taller man. He definitely looked far more composed, and far more tolerant, offering a smile and a much friendlier response. But there was something that was... just not right. He couldn't for the life of him pinpoint what it could be. It was as if his baser beastly instincts were attempting to scream the answer to him, but the sound became muffled and barely audible by the time it reached him. Katarn in comparison looked like he was quite tough. His form was, without a doubt, well trained and experienced in the art of combat, and maybe he was confusing this sensation with a drive to challenge the man to a friendly duel. Usually, this was the answer that he was most biased to, anyway, and so he very much intentionally decided to ignore his initial feeling.

"Free spirited? How so?" Evan questioned the second man half absentmindedly. The thought of vegetable florets lingered as he tried to focus once more on Sarasota's suggestion, though even with his right handed claws scratching his head collectively, nothing was coming to mind. He tried retracing his journey to his current location. He remembered that he was sitting down... He got up, heading towards the exit while attempting to make out his partner's name. Then, for a moment, he sees a pile of green beneath him, and a dark shadow of a foundation below that. He not only hears, but feels a crunch against the weight of his heavy footpaw.

"Sh... shit," Evan mutters under his breath. Did he really step on his buddy within the first hour of being assigned a friend? He rewinds the memory and plays it again; maybe it was a large stem that he snapped in half? No.... "I totally crushed him," he confirms the news, concern practically dripping from his expression. "I know we just met, but do you think he'll be upset? What should I do?"

• ❖ Zinnia ❖
    Location: Infirmary | Interacting: Shina Mistborn Mistborn | Mentioning: Rosalina TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity , and Hyacinth Silvis Silvis

Ah, the glorious life of a healer. Zinnia never had a divine calling like many of the priests around town. She was just your average kuma cutie that took an interest in herbal medicines. Unfortunately, putting her knowledge into practice was a new experience for her. Never before had a non-human been allowed to take the role of a medic in an official government establishment. Her occupation as the academy doctor was Zinnia's chance to prove she could perform to the standards of even the royal palace! Zinnia even had her own medical cloak! Yes, it was five times too big for her tiny frame, but her name was engraved on it. That was all that mattered. I wonder if Rosalina and Hyacinth are getting along okay on the first day with the students. Maybe I should go visit them later.

Zinnia was organizing her herbs in alphabetical order. It was a pitiful scene to witness, as each bottle set up would be knocked down by her dangling sleeve when she attempted to set up another. Thankfully, a loud thump outside broke the cycle. The small woman jumped at the sound, the fur on her ears frizzing up. A-A patient??! Oh, no! What do I do? Uh, open the door first!! She swiftly shuffled out into the hall to investigate the noise. Upon seeing the heap of feathers nestled by the door, Zinnia gasped. "Oh, heavens! What an adorable harpy. Is this a test from the divine deity himself? I must save this poor child of God! Rest assured, love. Zinnia is here to nurture your body and soul back to tippy-top-shape!" The woman had a smidge of trouble hauling the girl inside, so she oddly folded her back into a feathery burrito and carried her in. The harpy was plopped onto one of the cotton cots while Zinnia danced around the room, searching for her clipboard. "Let's see, race...harpy. What are your name and branch affiliation? It's a policy that I record the number of times a student enters the clinic."

While awaiting an answer from the harpy, Zinnia stretched out the wings for closer examination. "Oh, my. These are big suckers, huh? Does it hurt anywhere? Can I get you anything to drink? How can I make you more comfortable, love?" Her eyes peered into the harpy's eyes eagerly.

Jaycee Cormac
Interacting with: Saren ( NyxNightmare NyxNightmare NyxNightmare NyxNightmare ) and Scathrai ( darkborn darkborn darkborn darkborn )
The second the fans came out Jaycee expected the worst to happen. He wasn't going to start the fight but he sure as hell wasn't going to back down from it. His body flew through the the motions as his upper body tensed up for impact while he rose to the tips of his toes, his heels ready to slam together at a moments notice. The moment he felt the pain of impact he was going to send himself rocketing right into her with. The fan came down and smacked his chest "Ow?" He found himself asking out loud. "Excuse you, thunder boy. Ladies first, isn't that the saying?" the girl vented at him. Realizing there wound't be a fight he relaxed his body and got out of his ready stance. The light wack didn't hurt, it seemed more like an irritated wack rather then an actual hit. He was going to say something when a gust of wind awarded Jaycee with a nice little glimpse and the girls fury seemed to turn towards who ever had caused the wind.

Then came Scath's squeak of an apology and the girls total tone shift. She even hugged the emo boy as he was dubbed. Saren was her name and before Jaycee could even properly introduce himself she was gone. Standing with Scath and Evelyn, Jaycee pondered what just transpired. "Yeah I have no idea what just happened" he said in a defeated tone. "Wait a second!" his tone popped back up to the normal level of energy it had before the previous encounter, "Scathrai didn't you just say it was too early to go do any of that stuff, but here you are already getting physical with a girl. I don't know if I should be hurt or if I should be proud." he said as he shook his head to fake his disappointment.

Jaycee's thoughts wondered to the invitation of the party, he didn't really have anything else to do and it would be a good way to meet some new people. He could also properly introduce himself to Saren, he didn't mind being called thunder boy but he had a feeling that if he didn't address that name soon it was going to become a permanent nickname. He would have to find this underground tavern though and that was probably going to be a challenge on its own. "Why don't we try hitting up that tavern later Scathrai? It couldn't hurt to just pop in for at least bit. Isn't that right Evelyen?" He finished by appealing to the fox familiar. From what he could tell she was definitely the more social type of creature and if she sided with him it would be two vs one against Scath. He would have to go with them then.

unnamed (1).jpg Shiori | Fox Demon
Location: Auditorium Entrance Interacting: Aster and Saren NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Shiori hummed lightly in response to the elf boy’s worries. Nobles were some of the most opinionated about nonhumans, and usually in a negative way. The anxiety he had for meeting his roommate was understandable.
The kitsune was just about to reply verbally when he heard the familiar click of her shoes approaching as she attempted to sneak up on him. She knew it was fruitless, he would always know she was there, so he wondered why she tried to “ambush” him. But he went with it anyways, he could not be bothered to stop Saren from having her fun. She would not listen anyways, Saren would probably take it as a challenge to actually ambush him.
"Shiori! Did I make you wait too long? Don't look at me like that, it wasn't my fault, okay? There were...obstacles." She tried to defend the waiting when he shot her a deadpan look over his shoulder.
The done expression only became worse as Saren threatened to hit the poor elf with her fan 50 times. ‘You poor soul..' he thought, as the elf babbled and made the situation sound way worse than it was. Saren has a strange intuition to tell if someone else had touched his ears or tail and showed no mercy on those who did. The poor elf had paled considerably by now, and Shiori tried to defuse the situation.
“We actually have not formally introduced ourselves… This is Saren Voltus-” he gestured toward the snowy haired beauty by nodding his head backwards, “and I am Shiori the Fox Demon. What is your name?” Shiori spoke in his usual softer and somewhat lazy tone.

♢ Kannah Syllis ♢
⋆ ORION CALLSWATER ⋆
[Interacting ✧ | With Each Other!] [Location ✧ | Calderum Consortium]

token_1 (1).png
♢ Kannah Syllis ♢"My apologies for not really being able to bow in return out of fear that Nova will fall."

The shame of openly gawking at Orion still fresh in her mind, a furtive glance toward the... creature was all she would chance. A familiar, she supposed. She'd read something about them somewhere in the pages of documents she'd pored over regarding the academy. But even for a familiar, it was a peculiar thing little. Kannah made a mental note to ask more about it once they'd become a bit more familiar with one another.

It took more willpower than Kannah had previously known she'd had, not to follow the mesmerizing gestures of Orion's fingers, as a soft light trailed from his fingertips. The boy's expression turned from amusement to something more kind, and Kannah caught herself thinking she'd fared quite well with the buddy assignments.

"...If I may make a request before we go Ms. Syllis, let's stick to first names..."

While Orion admitted he found the use of such formality tiresome, it was all Kannah had ever really known. Sure, she'd had friends back home. But nobles never really took the opportunity to associate with those they (or in this case their family) deemed lower than themselves, and decorum was regarded as one of the cornerstones of noble society. Though she herself didn't particularly enjoy the long-winded exchanges that resulted from such a lifestyle, they were familiar and comfortable, and the idea of stepping away from it altogether wasn't one she relished.

Kannah voiced no concern, instead acknowledging the request with just a brief nod of her head, however, she wasn't quite able to suppress the slight reddening of her cheeks as Orion put it into practice just a few moments later. "Right! Well then, Mist-- er... Orion. To the Calderum Consortium, it is." Her smile faltered only slightly, almost imperceptibly, as she mentally admonished herself for the slip before continuing, "From the map, it didn't look to be too far. It should be this way, if I recall correctly..." A brief glance around her to ensure her path was clear, and Kannah turned to lead the way, her slight form deftly navigating through the crowded hallways of Visian Academy.

⋆ ORION CALLSWATER ⋆The same almost prideful aura would radiate from the prismatic form of the familiar with to the brief glance towards Nova, the expressionless face tilting upwards at it's 'gaze' look down at them, crossing their arms. Orion just patting the top of their head, chuckling a little at their antics, which was replied with a poke against their palm and Orion shaking the pain off of his hand as his gaze went back to Kannah.

"Right! Well then, Mist-- er... Orion. To the Calderum Consortium, it is. From the map, it didn't look to be too far. It should be this way, if I recall correctly..."

The Starchild would just beam at the correction and the acceptance of speaking a bit more casually, a similar thought of buddy choices running across his mind, the human in front of him at the very least outwardly making the best of their present scenario than others with their partners. His eyes briefly taking a glance over the surroundings of the academy before they heard their footsteps heading out, fazing out of existence for a few moments until Nova flicked against his cheek. "A-Ah, hold up! Also take care not to get swallowed!" Their words a little sporadic as they snap out of it, with a tinge of an almost teasing tone at their 'warning'. The Starborn quickly following them through the sidewalks and pathways of the academy, Nova hanging onto their shoulder - almost digging into him at certain points before Orion had put them back on their shoulder. The two of them soon catching up to their side - making a bit of a wall for others to go around than through - after making their way through the likely now somewhat dispersed student body populace.

After a few moments of the two walking along the walls, Orion would twirl one of his in the air, a small ring of light forming as he spoke up."...Small talk. Small talk. So... what's some typical ice breaker questions?... Favorite Color sounds like one I've heard... hm. Last lie you've told..? Any favorites?" His idle brainstorming and ramblings audible to the surrounding people, thinking out loud though the last half of his questions seemed to be a bit louder.

♢ Kannah Syllis ♢"...Also take care not to get swallowed!"

Kannah cocked an eyebrow at Orion's last words, and paused briefly, contemplating them. It almost seemed like a joke of sorts, but if it was, it was a peculiar one, much like the boy it belonged to. Not that the boy's peculiarity was particularly off-putting. In fact, in the few short minutes she'd known Orion, it was one of his more endearing traits. Next to the stars that were seemingly embedded into his skin, of course.

Orion caught up a few moments later, and Kannah sped up her pace to tmatch the boy's longer stride. The pair walked side by side toward their destination, Kannah's thoughts absorbed in a comfortable silence as her gaze drifted between the different fascinating creatures present at the academy, wondering what each of their stories were that led them to the academy. Her gaze shifted once more, this time focusing back on Orion as the boy's twirling light was caught in the periphery of her vision.

"...Small talk. Small talk. So... what's some typical ice breaker questions?... Favorite Color sounds like one I've heard... hm. Last lie you've told..? Any favorites?"

This earned a second cocked eyebrow in as many minutes. Kannah regarded Orion coolly for a few moments, before her lips parted in a wide grin and laughter rang out. It was neither mocking nor harsh, not derisive or insulting. It was soft, filled with mirth to match her smile, and lingered only a moment before fading. "I must admit I've never had anyone ask what sort of questions are best suited for small talk," Kannah considered the questions, again pausing to brush the same stray lock of hair back behind her ear, more out of habit than of annoyance, where it again fell promptly back to its original position. Then, she shrugged slightly, "I guess I've never really thought about it. I mean, I'm of course accustomed to small talk, but... it's something that just sorta happens. Y'know? Anyway, I think the most typical is to ask of the weather, or of families, but either of yours will do just fine. My favorite color is brown. It's not a particularly exciting one, but there's just something I find captivating about it. My mother used to always say brown would have been her favorite color as well if she'd gotten to see these eyes and this hair in the mirror every morning." A short chuckle and then a soft, wistful sigh punctuated the air before she continued, "As for last lie I've told. I suppose that one would be 'I'm sure I"ll be just fine,'" a fleeting shadow crossed Kannah's face before it was quickly replaced with a forced smile.

"My turn for questions," she considered for a moment, chewing her lip as she tried to figure out the best way to word the question she wanted to ask. "Please... don't take this the wrong way. I'm not really sure how to ask this. I haven't really met any of your... well, your kind." Her fingers toyed anxiously with the ends of her sleeves, which were perhaps ever-so-slightly longer than they should have been. "W-what, umm... what are you?"The walk to the Consortium had seemed to drag on for ages, but was at last coming to an end, as Kannah finally managed to force the question from her lips, before instantly regretting it. "I-I'm so sorry, please don't answer that! I shouldn't have asked, it's just I've never really met any of you people--" Oh my god, Kannah, STOP! Shut up, shut up, shut UP! Kannah was flustered past the point of no return, any semblance of articulation seemingly nowhere to b e found by now. The realization of what she'd stumbled into was immediately apparent, her cheeks instantly flushing a bright pink as she buried her face in her hands, hoping beyond hope, she would uncover it and somehow be anywhere else in the world. Unfortunately, she would have no such luck.

⋆ ORION CALLSWATER ⋆Orion would raise an eyebrow questioningly for the scarce moments of their flat face, ending up laughing himself, though it was more towards the rather... delayed amused response - catching his breath for a few moments as he temporarily shook off the amusement. Though, it did seem that it remained with him, his lips curled into a rather wide smile before 'readjusting', the soreness soon catching up with him.

"I must admit I've never had anyone ask what sort of questions are best suited for small talk, I guess I've never really thought about it. I mean, I'm of course accustomed to small talk, but... it's something that just sorta happens. Y'know? Anyway, I think the most typical is to ask of the weather, or of families, but either of yours will do just fine."

The Starchild would briefly look up at Kannah's 'quirk' of their's, sighing as it falls back in place on their head, seeming to faze out for a moment again as he sort of... stared at that lock blankly before their partner would speak up, snapping out of it of his own accord. "Well, that's just no fun now is it. We already know about the weather now that we're outside and if you never think about which ones are the best then how would you know which ones are the most important!" The other half of the buddy system just glancing up, seemingly to completely ignore the second typical question entirely in his response, a small frown on his lips throughout, only getting deeper with the exclamation.

"...As for last lie I've told. I suppose that one would be 'I'm sure I"ll be just fine.'"

A mock-gasp would prick the air of the conversation, at least this particular turn, ribbons of light trailing up to their forehead - the back of his hand pressed up against it. "My feelings, they're hurt Kannah. Am I really that bad company in this academy of ours? Here I thought we had a better than normal buddy relationship. All this time you've thought so poorly of me. My sensitive heart." Their hands soon grasping at the glowing mass beneath their clothes, the rather dramatic performance quickly ending with a wink - seeming to accidentally perpetuate the soon-to-be self-made distress of the young lady next to them.

"My turn for questions, please... don't take this the wrong way. I'm not really sure how to ask this. I haven't really met any of your... well, your kind. W-what, umm... what are you? I-I'm so sorry, please don't answer that! I shouldn't have asked, it's just I've never really met any of you people--"

Orion would... laugh, mostly at their buddy's reactions after attempting to address the elephant in the room - their immediate regret and distress for asking was... adorable. The same ribbons of light going up, as his hand went a bit above their head, before rustling with their hair rather playfully for a moment or so if they didn't pull away - continuing regardless. "You're fine Kannah, really. So uh, let's see," Their hand soon returning to his chin after his first statement in a thinking motion, "I ah... Well I am human... sort of? My uncle also called me Starborn but uh, I don't exactly know otherwise. And if it makes you feel better, I haven't met any other humans that became like me either." The second more awkward chuckle passing their lips as they rubbed the back of their neck again as he glanced around the green-tinged lights from the surrounding buildings, glancing across the signs and items as he finished answering that particular question, whistling at their array of stock. "So you have one more, follow up questions do count as a singular question, if you do more than that - I am due more questions to ask you of equal number." The other raising two fingers, one after the other as if he was explaining rules to an impromptu game after clearing his throat.

token_2 (23).png

♢ Kannah Syllis ♢"My apologies for not really being able to bow in return out of fear that Nova will fall."

The shame of openly gawking at Orion still fresh in her mind, a furtive glance toward the... creature was all she would chance. A familiar, she supposed. She'd read something about them somewhere in the pages of documents she'd pored over regarding the academy. But even for a familiar, it was a peculiar thing little. Kannah made a mental note to ask more about it once they'd become a bit more familiar with one another.

It took more willpower than Kannah had previously known she'd had, not to follow the mesmerizing gestures of Orion's fingers, as a soft light trailed from his fingertips. The boy's expression turned from amusement to something more kind, and Kannah caught herself thinking she'd fared quite well with the buddy assignments.

"...If I may make a request before we go Ms. Syllis, let's stick to first names..."

While Orion admitted he found the use of such formality tiresome, it was all Kannah had ever really known. Sure, she'd had friends back home. But nobles never really took the opportunity to associate with those they (or in this case their family) deemed lower than themselves, and decorum was regarded as one of the cornerstones of noble society. Though she herself didn't particularly enjoy the long-winded exchanges that resulted from such a lifestyle, they were familiar and comfortable, and the idea of stepping away from it altogether wasn't one she relished.

Kannah voiced no concern, instead acknowledging the request with just a brief nod of her head, however, she wasn't quite able to suppress the slight reddening of her cheeks as Orion put it into practice just a few moments later. "Right! Well then, Mist-- er... Orion. To the Calderum Consortium, it is." Her smile faltered only slightly, almost imperceptibly, as she mentally admonished herself for the slip before continuing, "From the map, it didn't look to be too far. It should be this way, if I recall correctly..." A brief glance around her to ensure her path was clear, and Kannah turned to lead the way, her slight form deftly navigating through the crowded hallways of Visian Academy.

⋆ ORION CALLSWATER ⋆The same almost prideful aura would radiate from the prismatic form of the familiar with to the brief glance towards Nova, the expressionless face tilting upwards at it's 'gaze' look down at them, crossing their arms. Orion just patting the top of their head, chuckling a little at their antics, which was replied with a poke against their palm and Orion shaking the pain off of his hand as his gaze went back to Kannah.

"Right! Well then, Mist-- er... Orion. To the Calderum Consortium, it is. From the map, it didn't look to be too far. It should be this way, if I recall correctly..."

The Starchild would just beam at the correction and the acceptance of speaking a bit more casually, a similar thought of buddy choices running across his mind, the human in front of him at the very least outwardly making the best of their present scenario than others with their partners. His eyes briefly taking a glance over the surroundings of the academy before they heard their footsteps heading out, fazing out of existence for a few moments until Nova flicked against his cheek. "A-Ah, hold up! Also take care not to get swallowed!" Their words a little sporadic as they snap out of it, with a tinge of an almost teasing tone at their 'warning'. The Starborn quickly following them through the sidewalks and pathways of the academy, Nova hanging onto their shoulder - almost digging into him at certain points before Orion had put them back on their shoulder. The two of them soon catching up to their side - making a bit of a wall for others to go around than through - after making their way through the likely now somewhat dispersed student body populace.

After a few moments of the two walking along the walls, Orion would twirl one of his in the air, a small ring of light forming as he spoke up."...Small talk. Small talk. So... what's some typical ice breaker questions?... Favorite Color sounds like one I've heard... hm. Last lie you've told..? Any favorites?" His idle brainstorming and ramblings audible to the surrounding people, thinking out loud though the last half of his questions seemed to be a bit louder.

♢ Kannah Syllis ♢"...Also take care not to get swallowed!"

Kannah cocked an eyebrow at Orion's last words, and paused briefly, contemplating them. It almost seemed like a joke of sorts, but if it was, it was a peculiar one, much like the boy it belonged to. Not that the boy's peculiarity was particularly off-putting. In fact, in the few short minutes she'd known Orion, it was one of his more endearing traits. Next to the stars that were seemingly embedded into his skin, of course.

Orion caught up a few moments later, and Kannah sped up her pace to tmatch the boy's longer stride. The pair walked side by side toward their destination, Kannah's thoughts absorbed in a comfortable silence as her gaze drifted between the different fascinating creatures present at the academy, wondering what each of their stories were that led them to the academy. Her gaze shifted once more, this time focusing back on Orion as the boy's twirling light was caught in the periphery of her vision.

"...Small talk. Small talk. So... what's some typical ice breaker questions?... Favorite Color sounds like one I've heard... hm. Last lie you've told..? Any favorites?"

This earned a second cocked eyebrow in as many minutes. Kannah regarded Orion coolly for a few moments, before her lips parted in a wide grin and laughter rang out. It was neither mocking nor harsh, not derisive or insulting. It was soft, filled with mirth to match her smile, and lingered only a moment before fading. "I must admit I've never had anyone ask what sort of questions are best suited for small talk," Kannah considered the questions, again pausing to brush the same stray lock of hair back behind her ear, more out of habit than of annoyance, where it again fell promptly back to its original position. Then, she shrugged slightly, "I guess I've never really thought about it. I mean, I'm of course accustomed to small talk, but... it's something that just sorta happens. Y'know? Anyway, I think the most typical is to ask of the weather, or of families, but either of yours will do just fine. My favorite color is brown. It's not a particularly exciting one, but there's just something I find captivating about it. My mother used to always say brown would have been her favorite color as well if she'd gotten to see these eyes and this hair in the mirror every morning." A short chuckle and then a soft, wistful sigh punctuated the air before she continued, "As for last lie I've told. I suppose that one would be 'I'm sure I"ll be just fine,'" a fleeting shadow crossed Kannah's face before it was quickly replaced with a forced smile.

"My turn for questions," she considered for a moment, chewing her lip as she tried to figure out the best way to word the question she wanted to ask. "Please... don't take this the wrong way. I'm not really sure how to ask this. I haven't really met any of your... well, your kind." Her fingers toyed anxiously with the ends of her sleeves, which were perhaps ever-so-slightly longer than they should have been. "W-what, umm... what are you?"The walk to the Consortium had seemed to drag on for ages, but was at last coming to an end, as Kannah finally managed to force the question from her lips, before instantly regretting it. "I-I'm so sorry, please don't answer that! I shouldn't have asked, it's just I've never really met any of you people--" Oh my god, Kannah, STOP! Shut up, shut up, shut UP! Kannah was flustered past the point of no return, any semblance of articulation seemingly nowhere to b e found by now. The realization of what she'd stumbled into was immediately apparent, her cheeks instantly flushing a bright pink as she buried her face in her hands, hoping beyond hope, she would uncover it and somehow be anywhere else in the world. Unfortunately, she would have no such luck.

⋆ ORION CALLSWATER ⋆Orion would raise an eyebrow questioningly for the scarce moments of their flat face, ending up laughing himself, though it was more towards the rather... delayed amused response - catching his breath for a few moments as he temporarily shook off the amusement. Though, it did seem that it remained with him, his lips curled into a rather wide smile before 'readjusting', the soreness soon catching up with him.

"I must admit I've never had anyone ask what sort of questions are best suited for small talk, I guess I've never really thought about it. I mean, I'm of course accustomed to small talk, but... it's something that just sorta happens. Y'know? Anyway, I think the most typical is to ask of the weather, or of families, but either of yours will do just fine."

The Starchild would briefly look up at Kannah's 'quirk' of their's, sighing as it falls back in place on their head, seeming to faze out for a moment again as he sort of... stared at that lock blankly before their partner would speak up, snapping out of it of his own accord. "Well, that's just no fun now is it. We already know about the weather now that we're outside and if you never think about which ones are the best then how would you know which ones are the most important!" The other half of the buddy system just glancing up, seemingly to completely ignore the second typical question entirely in his response, a small frown on his lips throughout, only getting deeper with the exclamation.

"...As for last lie I've told. I suppose that one would be 'I'm sure I"ll be just fine.'"

A mock-gasp would prick the air of the conversation, at least this particular turn, ribbons of light trailing up to their forehead - the back of his hand pressed up against it. "My feelings, they're hurt Kannah. Am I really that bad company in this academy of ours? Here I thought we had a better than normal buddy relationship. All this time you've thought so poorly of me. My sensitive heart." Their hands soon grasping at the glowing mass beneath their clothes, the rather dramatic performance quickly ending with a wink - seeming to accidentally perpetuate the soon-to-be self-made distress of the young lady next to them.

"My turn for questions, please... don't take this the wrong way. I'm not really sure how to ask this. I haven't really met any of your... well, your kind. W-what, umm... what are you? I-I'm so sorry, please don't answer that! I shouldn't have asked, it's just I've never really met any of you people--"

Orion would... laugh, mostly at their buddy's reactions after attempting to address the elephant in the room - their immediate regret and distress for asking was... adorable. The same ribbons of light going up, as his hand went a bit above their head, before rustling with their hair rather playfully for a moment or so if they didn't pull away - continuing regardless. "You're fine Kannah, really. So uh, let's see," Their hand soon returning to his chin after his first statement in a thinking motion, "I ah... Well I am human... sort of? My uncle also called me Starborn but uh, I don't exactly know otherwise. And if it makes you feel better, I haven't met any other humans that became like me either." The second more awkward chuckle passing their lips as they rubbed the back of their neck again as he glanced around the green-tinged lights from the surrounding buildings, glancing across the signs and items as he finished answering that particular question, whistling at their array of stock. "So you have one more, follow up questions do count as a singular question, if you do more than that - I am due more questions to ask you of equal number." The other raising two fingers, one after the other as if he was explaining rules to an impromptu game after clearing his throat.

❣ Calderum Consortium

➸ Interacting: Nessi Nessi
Fae Hartfield
Fae let her stoic buddy take the lead on their exploration. Once arriving, Fae was in awe. The Calderum Consortium was huge, with shops and alleys full of trinkets and wares. Fae turned to Lia, her eyes going wide with an array of colors. The whole rainbow swirled in her gems before a small smile quirked the corners of her lips as she descended into the streets with no other invitation, leaving Lia to follow or choose her own course. Fae's little body dipped and shimmied between passergoers, stopping and going between stalls and shops and cafes. Her horns twinkled onyx and her daisy white hair flowed on a phantom wind as she did so. She finally paused at a store that caught her interest, her little hands delicately touching the stores glass window with a mannequin or two displaying some of their fashions. Her head tipped back and her lips parted slightly, her eyes sparkling with interest as she tried to gauge what was inside. The mannequin's sported very soft, cutesy clothes. Exactly her style. Something soft, a little big, and extra comfortable. Leaning back a little to read the logo on the glass pane she was fogging up, she got the name of the store. Temporarily going into a slight daze, Fae took a slow deep breath as she focused more than usual to make sure only Lia could hear her in this crowd of people.

Apple Blossoms, it's a boutique. I do not want you or expect you to pay for anything. However, when I do have money I may be interested in a store like this. Plus, wherever sells sweets. Plus, wherever sells cute and tasty drinks... She said in a slightly embaressed rush of wants.
code by @fudgecakez

Bear cook for rp.jpg
Hyacinth
Interacting: Dren NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Mentioning: Rosalina TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity and Zinnia Location: Library

She was leaning against the wall and almost asleep when a gust of wind startled her awake. Hyacinth pushed against the wall and heard a crackle in her pocket and with trembling hands she reached in and pulled out a small pouch. " Oh no. I forgot I packed these. I better bring what's left to Rosalina and go get Zinnia her snack." With that the bear girl turned and shuffled her way to the library. Ever since Rosalina got the library she had never come to find her youngest sister so Hyacinth tried to make an effort to go see her when she could. The Principal had seen fit to give Rosalina a roommate but she didn't know the strange teacher very well. What the aspiring cook did know was that if the strange man dared to do anything to her sister she would boil him alive. She was caught up in these thoughts and memories of when she and her elder sister were closer through the walk.

Striding into the library with all the cognition of a hibernating bear she made her way to the couches she was used to meeting Rosalina at. It was a route she was already so used to walking that she didn't even realize she'd started drifting off as she walked. When she got there she registered someone sitting and much like she would try when she was younger she plopped down next to them and laid her head on their lap. "Can I nap here for a bit Rosey? Please? I brought you cookies." In the childish hope that her bribe would convince her eldest sister to agree she dropped the small pouch of partially broken cookies on their lap. Unfortunately in her tired stupor she had mistaken Dren for Rosalina and was now plopped down on his lap acting spoiled. If she were more awake she would never have mistaken his toned legs for her sister's soft thighs but alas here she was. If someone were listening they would find she was already letting out quiet snores while dreams of fun times with her sisters filled her head.

Shina
Mentioned: N/A
Interacting: Zinnia
NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Of everything Shina had expected with her rather abrupt ‘landing’ some of the things lower on her list were; one, crash-landing her way into the door of the infirmary, and two, quickly being scooped up and taken in by the resident mama-bear nurse. She could feel her face reddening ever so slightly as her wings were flopped back over body and she was hoisted off the ground. Well, this isn’t too bad of a first day I guess... Shina looked up at what her mind could only label as her savior, blinking up at the blue eyes of Zinnia. They were some kind of ursine non-human, with noticeably fluffed up ears and strength for their size, although it was rather easy for others to throw the harpy around in general. She kept herself from wiggling around too much as she was brought inside, landing with a puff of loose feathers as she was sat down. “Oh... uhm, my name’s Shina. I think I’m in the mage branch...” While she had only taken a light tumble even by her standards, the entire exchange and entrance had left her mind bouncing around from one thing to the next. Her eyes slowly wandered away from Zinnia as she looked around the room, soon distracted by everything from the biological diagrams to the wide array of bottled herbs and other assorted medical supplies.

Before she had time to say anything further Shina felt the nurses hands grab ahold of her wings, and her feathers bristled slightly as they were moved about. It wasn’t that she was adverse to touch, and Zinnia wasn’t being particularly threatening, but she was certainly surprised at the suddenness of it. “A-ah, they’re not hurt... really!” She took the moment to fully extend each wing, their smoothness allowing her to slip out of the woman’s grip for the time being. The outsides of each were covered in layers of feathers serrated like the teeth of a comb, with the lower parts padded with a layer of down feathers. “See? I’m fine, totally-“ Her breath hitched slightly as she attempted to raise them above her head, the left side noticeably not moving as well as the other. She slowly lowered them back down again, letting out a quiet, almost defeated sigh as her eyes met Zinnia’s again. “maybe the joints are a little sore...”

~~~~

Anyone paying attention to the skies amidst the first day chaos would see a horned owl flying off from the rafters. This was Bobo, Shina’s personal familiar, and one that had been easily left in the dust by Shina’s speedy escape. She wasn’t the hardest harpy to track by any means, especially as she crashed her way through the halls of the academy. He turned the corner just in time to see Zinnia hoist his friend away, silently swooping into the room and finding a perch on Shina’s shoulder a few moments later. They gave Zinnia a cold, calculating glare, before seemingly turning their beak up at the bear-folk indifferently and nuzzling closer to Shina’s neck. Even after the quick glance it was obvious that they didn’t consider Zinnia a threat or even something to spend time thinking about, at least until they intended on being a problem for his friend.​

1592632132912.png
Scathrai Deiyan
Interaction: Dante Verren Dante Verren (Jaycee) || Mention/Light interaction: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare (Saren)​

Jaycee's tensing had Scath tensing slightly as well; he hoped that there wouldn't be a fight.

What happened instead was probably...worse?

The girl's attitude did a complete one eighty. She squealed, and... and.... hugged him.

No. Hugging was too gentle to describe it. More like.... Squeezed to death. Yeah. That was a better term. As Scath futilely struggled in her grasp, she finally let go of him and started fanning herself. Scath just collapsed gasping for air. After taking the next few seconds to get precious air, he managed to focus enough to get the girl's name. Saren... And the fact that she had a kitsune as a companion- wait, what was a kitsune? He assumed that it meant that it was a fox companion, the way she was comparing Evelynn; indeed, Evelynn looked very interested and excited at the potential prospect. Maybe it was an intelligent fox?

...But why did Saren call her kitsune 'naughty?' Scath didn't know if he wanted to know the answer or not.

And then came... the invitation. Moonlight Tavern. If Scath were being honest, that sounded like... AHEM. Best not think too far into that matter.... But was Scath going to accept that invite? By the gods no! Taverns were full of people; Scath would just as well be fine if there was no crowds around for him to worry about! After the girl flounced off, Scath was left blinking. He was fairly certain Jaycee was as well. His own admission of confusion confirmed it. But then... DOOM.

Scath noticed that Jaycee had turned to face him, and that there was the regular excitableness in his tone. And what did he say? What did he say? "Scathrai, didn't you just say it was too early to go do any of that stuff, but here you are already getting physical with a girl. I don't know if I should be hurt or if I should be proud." Scath was left opening and closing his mouth without a sound coming out; he looked like a fish. He also chose that time to ignore Evelynn's (thankfully) repressed snorting. And then Jaycee suggested, "Why don't we try hitting up that tavern later Scathrai? It couldn't hurt to just pop in for at least bit." Scath opened his mouth to reply, namely with something along the lines of Gods no! Well, he was going to respond. That was, until Jaycee appealed to Evelynn. "Isn't that right, Evelyen?"

To which she chittered excitedly, and ran around in a circle, before stopping and looking at Varen dead in the eyes with a pleading look in her own. Well, as pleading as two eye sockets that were actually animated soulfire could be... Which was extremely expressive! Scath's shoulders slumped, and giving yet another sigh- this time defeated- he muttered, "Sure." After a moment of internal stewing, he tentatively spoke up again, "A-and you can call me Scath."

Mentions: no one Interactions: Arvios Arvios , VomitIcicle VomitIcicle
better sarasota.png

Location: Just left the auditorium in the hallway on his way to the main entrance.

Sarasota had turned to the humanoid beside him. Katarn had asked for a cigarette, and Sarasota was more than willing to fulfill the man’s request. He had reached into his pocket, grabbed the pack, and handed Katarn a smoke.

A fuse had broken somewhere in Sarasorta’s head. Causing Sarasota’s mouth to twitch. His somewhat neutral expression twisting into a more aggravated one. It was as if the lack of privilege had finally sunken in. Not once did he talk directly to Evan, so why did Evan think he had the privilege to talk to Sarasota? “Evan was it?” He asked rather with a bitter tone in his voice as he lost his patience. “You see I had asked Katarn here If your buddy was the one under the broccoli.” He had taken a deep breath as he was about to go off. “Not once did I ask you, You need to mind your tongue mutt! Learn to speak only when spoken too! You are in the presence of Nobility and you better start acting like it, Or I’ll have you thrown out of the school!” Sarasota’s voice raised loudly. He didn’t care who in the hallway heard him, hell everyone probably did. It’s not like he was trying to be subtle anymore. His face turned a beat red, and his body trembled with anger.

In his house the house pets had known their place, and would never speak unless they had an important question or were spoken to. True they weren’t at his house right now but Sarasota had seemed to forget this small detail. He had forgotten the principal had completely discredited his noble status while he attended school. Not only that but he hadn’t picked the best opponent either. For Evan was built to fight, and Sarasota only had his bare hands. Not that he wasn’t good at using them, just that against a non human it probably wouldn’t be enough. He hadn’t seemed to care though.​

W41q7eW.png

Evanu'nal Kour'es

Mentions: TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

Interacting With: Twisted Tea Twisted Tea VomitIcicle VomitIcicle

Evan felt a bit unnerved in the presence of the blonde man. It didn't take more than 10 seconds worth of interaction as a newcomer, but his body language and wording were mainly to blame for this. Perhaps it was the man studying his form with a forced expression to hide his acrimony, or the comment that he made in relation to his partner. Tac wasn't 'freakish looking?' Then, was he something that would fall under that definition to the man? The fact that he said it so naturally struck a nerve to the beastfolk, or at least until he aided him by offering a suggestive answer to his question. This gave him mixed signals; why would he be insulting, only to help him a second later? At this point, the thought flashed, that there was no way of knowing how it was meant to be directed. Sarasota did look upset before he contacted him. He was clearly already having a bad day, and perhaps the comment may have been honed a bit sharper than intended. Knowingly, this was his optimism taking the lead.

"Under the... broccoli?" Evan questioned with a confused look, snapping out of his inner monologue. "Why would someone be under broccoli?" His statement was riddled with concern, though was not entirely rhetoric.

As he ponders as to the why to his own question, his thoughts begin to transition, namely because of the presence of the other man. Something about him was pulling his attention towards him... While he was able to pin a description of why he felt as previously explained towards Sarasota, he couldn't help but wonder what to feel about the taller man. He definitely looked far more composed, and far more tolerant, offering a smile and a much friendlier response. But there was something that was... just not right. He couldn't for the life of him pinpoint what it could be. It was as if his baser beastly instincts were attempting to scream the answer to him, but the sound became muffled and barely audible by the time it reached him. Katarn in comparison looked like he was quite tough. His form was, without a doubt, well trained and experienced in the art of combat, and maybe he was confusing this sensation with a drive to challenge the man to a friendly duel. Usually, this was the answer that he was most biased to, anyway, and so he very much intentionally decided to ignore his initial feeling.

"Free spirited? How so?" Evan questioned the second man half absentmindedly. The thought of vegetable florets lingered as he tried to focus once more on Sarasota's suggestion, though even with his right handed claws scratching his head collectively, nothing was coming to mind. He tried retracing his journey to his current location. He remembered that he was sitting down... He got up, heading towards the exit while attempting to make out his partner's name. Then, for a moment, he sees a pile of green beneath him, and a dark shadow of a foundation below that. He not only hears, but feels a crunch against the weight of his heavy footpaw.

"Sh... shit," Evan mutters under his breath. Did he really step on his buddy within the first hour of being assigned a friend? He rewinds the memory and plays it again; maybe it was a large stem that he snapped in half? No.... "I totally crushed him," he confirms the news, concern practically dripping from his expression. "I know we just met, but do you think he'll be upset? What should I do?"

"Free-spirited, you know? Not exactly, hmm, chained down, I suppose. I could be wrong, of course. Could be the most mellow fellow I've ever met! But judging by his picture, I suspect I might be onto something." Katarn had an idea. "Say, why don't we all stick together for the time being, eh? 'Three heads are better than one', as they say." With all of them together he could probe at their defenses, see what made them tick. Even better once they found their 'buddies'
Mentions: no one Interactions: Arvios Arvios , VomitIcicle VomitIcicle

Location: Just left the auditorium in the hallway on his way to the main entrance.

Sarasota had turned to the humanoid beside him. Katarn had asked for a cigarette, and Sarasota was more than willing to fulfill the man’s request. He had reached into his pocket, grabbed the pack, and handed Katarn a smoke.

A fuse had broken somewhere in Sarasorta’s head. Causing Sarasota’s mouth to twitch. His somewhat neutral expression twisting into a more aggravated one. It was as if the lack of privilege had finally sunken in. Not once did he talk directly to Evan, so why did Evan think he had the privilege to talk to Sarasota? “Evan was it?” He asked rather with a bitter tone in his voice as he lost his patience. “You see I had asked Katarn here If your buddy was the one under the broccoli.” He had taken a deep breath as he was about to go off. “Not once did I ask you, You need to mind your tongue mutt! Learn to speak only when spoken too! You are in the presence of Nobility and you better start acting like it, Or I’ll have you thrown out of the school!” Sarasota’s voice raised loudly. He didn’t care who in the hallway heard him, hell everyone probably did. It’s not like he was trying to be subtle anymore. His face turned a beat red, and his body trembled with anger.

In his house the house pets had known their place, and would never speak unless they had an important question or were spoken to. True they weren’t at his house right now but Sarasota had seemed to forget this small detail. He had forgotten the principal had completely discredited his noble status while he attended school. Not only that but he hadn’t picked the best opponent either. For Evan was built to fight, and Sarasota only had his bare hands. Not that he wasn’t good at using them, just that against a non human it probably wouldn’t be enough. He hadn’t seemed to care though.
As Katarn lit up his cigarette, the nobles outburst began. Definitely a potential ally. He couldn't reveal the Order, though. Too risky. Especially now. He'd have to take him aside later, feed him a couple of half-truths about who he really was. Fan the flames of hatred already rising in this school. Perhaps this would be easier than he thought...

Of course, there was always the problem of mind readers, he'd have to find a way to get Sarasota off-campus, give him the Sullest job.

He shelved the idea, for the time being. He would need more time and information before he could trust the nobles son. He'd inquire about the parents. He didn't know every house that supported the Order of the Broken Chalice, but he knew a few major ones.

"Hey, hey, hey." Katarn soothed. "Let's all just calm down for a second, yeah? You heard what the principal said, equality, blah, blah, blah, all that rubbish." He took another long drag and smiled.

"Tell ya' what." Katarn turned to the monster, swallowing the rising bile in his throat. "We go into the gymaniusm, grab your buddy, then we go from there."

He looked at the two of them.

"Sound good?"

Winston Mistbrewer
Library
Mentioned: TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

Winston had returned to the book about elements, looking at it more thoroughly. It had a grey cover and silver embroidery, with gold letters on the spine and the cover. It was titled: Properties of Elements. He opened the book more carefully, flipping through the title page and dedication before arriving at the table of contents, noting how the book stayed firm and how the dusty smell of old paper seemed to be fainter than it should have been. He was reading the tables of contents when his brain registered that one of the staff members had approached them and had said something to Katarina.

Now paying attention, he listened to her. "If you need any help finding something in the library, I am at your service." Winston realized she was probably a librarian, possibly just one. There was no way that one person could staff a library this huge; back at home, the Library of Terina had more than forty different staff members. He focused back on her words.

"⁠—I must request you answer a riddle of mine first, however. You may decline, but be warned that this home of mine isn't kind to random visitors that haven't proven themselves."

With that, he turned back to his book and continued reading the table of contents. When he found a chapter that seemed interesting, something about magical infusion, he flipped to the chapter and started to read it.

W41q7eW.png

Evanu'nal Kour'es

Mentions:

Interacting With:
Twisted Tea Twisted Tea VomitIcicle VomitIcicle

“Evan was it?” You see I had asked Katarn here If your buddy was the one under the broccoli. Not once did I ask you, You need to mind your tongue mutt! Learn to speak only when spoken too! You are in the presence of Nobility and you better start acting like it, Or I’ll have you thrown out of the school!”

The sudden volley of insults landed a square hit on Evan's pride, effective mostly from the spontaneous nature of the attack. His face was caught in a state of surprise and disarray for just long enough to be felt as if it had been immortalized in a portrait. Only a few months back, those remarks wouldn't have left so much as a dent on his mindset. Before.... this, before Visian Academy, his mind was ironclad, focused on living to see the next day, even if it meant sacrificing the growth of trust outside of his few compatriots. It wasn't so much as ignoring the meaning behind words, but instead a sort of training to protect his self worth in a world that was growing darker by the dragging years. To open up after such a long time of practicing this, only to have his first interaction burn up to such a high degree of a failure? How much of a fool he should have appeared to anyone who caught the exchange.

Then, this moment of insecurity passes.

Evan feels his body tense up, an uncontrollable rush of heat swelling from within. His tail begins to flick uncontrollably as his eyes become daggers, all aimed at ending this man's feeble excuse of a superiority complex. His hand twitches for a second as he stops himself from reaching for his weapon— no, he thinks with a surprising sense of reason, I won't be needing it.

"Hey, hey, hey. Let's all just calm down for a second, yeah? You heard what the principal said, equality, blah, blah, blah, all that rubbish. Tell ya' what. We go into the gymaniusm, grab your buddy, then we go from there. Sounds good?"

He hears Katarn's peaceful suggestion, an alternative that he didn't follow— not because he disagreed with it, but because he didn't listen to the words and their intended warning. His heart was pounding as a rage was brewing inside his mind, one that could only be quelled through a more confrontational manner. His body was already moving on its own, his actions focused on claiming Sarasota's neck. He takes bold steps towards the man; whether Katarn was between them, he didn't know. At this point, Evan was suffering from a strong case of tunnel vision. If that was the case, Evan would have likely gaited with strong strides as if there wasn't a third body between them both, bumping him to the side with his shoulder.

The beastfolk doesn't stop when he reaches Sarasota, and continues to drive forward, butting heads with him as he does his best to look down on his features. Where it looked like it was going to be a heavy hit, Evan instead softened the blow, using his power to forcefully push the human against the wall behind him. He slams his palms against the wall, imprisoning the man between an immovable object, and one a bit less so. He continued to push forward, the fur of his brow against Sarasota's own hair, and felt a growl forming in his throat, but stopped himself from fully releasing it.

"Get me thrown out of the academy? Nobility?" Evan jeered under his breath, still pinning Sarasota with his forehead. "What's that got to do with anything? It's just you and me here. You want to run those words by again?" A soft unintended growl latched onto each of his words, something that he couldn't control. At this point, he didn't care who saw the exchange, and was even hoping for the man to entertain his ferocity further.

Jaycee Cormac
Location: Leaving the Auditorium and en route to the cafeteria(He thinks).
Interacting: Scathrai ( darkborn darkborn )
Mentioning: Sarasota ( Twisted Tea Twisted Tea ) Katarn( VomitIcicle VomitIcicle ) and Evan( Arvios Arvios )

Jaycee couldn't contain his excitement even if he wanted to, after all operation befriend the school appointed buddy was a success. Enthusiastically he nodded his head at his new friend " Alright then I will be sure to call you Scath from now on! Man that is way faster to say it that way.". Riding on the momentum Jaycee offered his own version of a nickname, "In that case feel free to call me Jay, or Cee, or You can keep calling me Jaycee but that is up to you. " he said rather quickly. Suddenly the young man came to the realization they were some of the few people left in the auditorium. Perhaps now was the best time for them to make their exit from the increasingly empty room.

This all lead to the question of where to next? Should they go patrol the academy and seek out the place of wonderful knowledge like good students? Perhaps a look at the Garden to see the beauty of the academy? Jaycee was a man who trusted his gut, and after he had braced himself for a fight but none came the only thing his gut was telling him was it wanted food. "Hey Scath lets go grab something to eat, I am starving." not waiting to hear an answer he turned on his heels with a bit of sizzle coming from them. "To the cafeteria we go!" he declared as he began walking towards the exit of the auditorium.

Exiting the building Jaycee saw the other pairs already group up and dispersing. The wide diversity of students amazed him, though what was really amazing was the fact that no real trouble had brewed . Well he mentally spoke to soon. On his quick pace walk to where his gut told him the cafeteria was Jaycee realized that he was indeed wrong about the trouble. Arriving just in time to see two humans and a beastmen get into a bit of a squabble. He didn't know what it was about but the large cat like man had one of the humans pinned to the wall. Jaycee stopped his march and began to watch. There was no way for him to know what this was about but his gut was now telling him to stand by just in case he was needed. Now with a very serious look on his face his eyes locked onto the trio.

Lia Daejun

interactions: Phantomelda Phantomelda

---

Lia watched as her small companion dashed off, slipping, dipping and sliding through the crowded market. "Wait Fae! hold on!" Lia called after her, trying her best to keep up with her tiny friend. Lia tripped a few times, she was in heels after all. But was able to finally catch up to Fae, who was looking at some cloths that were being displayed on mannequins. They weren't exactly her style, but she could see Fae wearing those cloths, even if they were a little big.

Lia listened as Fae declared the things that she wanted. Lia smiled at her small friend, "Like I said before, I have more then enough money for both of us. A few cloths, some sweets and flowers are nothing" Lia stated before marching into the shop. She found the cloths that Fae had been interested in, and went to go ahead and check out. Lia put the cloths down on the counter, and pulled out some money from her wallet. "I assume that this will be enough..yes?" Lia asked. The cashier smiled at her, "I'm sorry, but we don't accept that type of currency at Visian Academy." They told Lia.

Lia's face contorted into confusion and anger. "What the Hell? How are we suppose to buy anything! That damn principle didn't say anything about this!...It seems like I won't be buying anything for Fae, Instead, I'll be looking for a job I suppose." Lia thought to herself. She sighed before putting the cloths back on the rack and exiting the store. She looked at Fae, utter defeat on her face, "My friend, it seems like these stores do not use standard Alenia currency. They use a type of coin called a PonPon. So in terms of money, we are in fact the same" Lia explained to Fae. "I suggest that we go to the cafeteria to get some food...Sorry for getting your hopes up" Lia said sadly.

Aiden Luna Interacted: Mistborn Mistborn Aetil.
1592796232576.png

Shoved to the walls of the library, imprisoned by towers and towers of literature, Aiden knew she was cornered as her blue devil buddy, Aetil, had decidedly found her and made his presence known. With his stupid little familiar sticking its stupid tongue at her, Aetil distressed Aiden furthered with his words. Something or another about humility, and about being the better one of a half. None of it mattered to Aiden of course. All she saw was a blue cheek. With a vexed quickness, Aiden approached then slapped with her calloused hand.

Reeling back, Aiden squealed and shook her hand. “Oh gods! It’s so… It’s so…” Her voice lowered, “disgusting.” She might as well perish. This school really expected to bring Aiden down on her knees (and not the good way either). This thing had spoken so confidently to her face, and damn it, it was only a little right. What would the others think? What would the others think? In her fury, she hadn’t realized the other hushed voices and movements that moved about the library. And only then it occurred… The body sound they would have made moving back and forth. Her squeal… What if they thought we were… we were… Aiden’s body shivered, her feet moving on their own to throw her into the closest wall and away from him.

She settled with a defiant (yet understandably soft) stomp, “Listen here, alright,” she all but growled, “If we do this buddy thing, I have some rules. One, you have to stop being so-so you. Don’t get in my way, and if anyone passes us, just laugh. We don’t have to be friends, we just have to be convincing. And- and you will not touch me, or smell me, whatever the fuck else you creatures do. And tell your dumbass pet to stop staring at me. Also, wear this.” To finish her words, Aiden dug into the satchel to pull out a metal cuff. With a shake of her wrist, the, now, magical metal cuff extended. “It’s a belt,” she added.

The belt could be tightened even to fit Aetil perfectly whether it was around his wrist or his waist (her eyes, as she patiently waited, gestured to his waist), should he choose to wear it. Totally, there was no underlying reason for giving a man a shiny metal belt. It’s almost stylish. Totally not related to the chains prisoners wear, at least. It flew straight over Aiden’s head.
“We have a deal?” She asked, sticking her nose up to ensure she looked down at him.

Aetil
Mentioned: Cat
Interacting: Aiden
Lo Mayn Lo Mayn

Aetil felt the itch to reach out and snap her neck then and there as Aiden’s hand impacted before reeling back. Simply on principle he should’ve escalated the situation, and the reason he didn’t wasn’t because he had the self control for it. Oh no, he needed a reminder for that. His hand barely twitched with murderous intent before a web of deep purple ethereal chains shimmered across his form, interrupting the motion before disappearing just a moment later. It wasn’t much, just enough to keep him in check, and he knew right now it wasn’t worth the drawbacks to take things any further. He took a deep breath before relaxing his jaw, along with the rest of his body, before wiping his cheek and shaking his hand in a similar manner to the woman. “That. Was. Unnecessary.”

The devils arms crossed back over his chest again, face returning to its normal indifferent expression as Aiden rattled off her list of ‘demands’. He sprinkled in comments under his breath as the points were raised, not particularly keeping them quiet enough to go unheard. “I don’t laugh, you’ll get a smile at best if you want something like that. I’ll oblige if you do, but if we’re pitted against one another don’t expect mercy.” His eyes rolled at her comment on the familiar, as noticeable as a pupil-less eye roll can be, and he soon waved it off before the cat went skittering out of sight. “That one’s not mine, feel free to slap it next time instead of me.”

The ‘belt’ piqued a small amount of his interest, at least with it being magical, and he soon took it from her, making sure to hold onto the furthest point from her hand as possible. He slowly turned the piece over as he settled on his decision regarding her imposed ultimatum. His eyes followed hers to where she had been glancing, sighing and gently pinching the bridge of his nose before moving his hand away. Of course humans are into things like this too, the manipulative bastards. He took a moment to roll his right sleeve up to the shoulder, leaving his innumerable forearm scars on display, before wrapping the piece around his bicep. The fiend barely registered the object as it was secured around his arm, leaving it uncovered for the moment. “There, is that good enough? Oh, and as a note for the future, making deals with devils is generally a bad idea.”

Eternal Darkness Interacted: Aimi LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine / Mentioned: Asad & Nikiri NyxNightmare NyxNightmare , Tac TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity
1592886231556.png
It wasn’t the first day Ed quite expected at his prestigious academy. His first “friends,” he had accidentally knocked into each other, literally. It was not hyperbole, but Ed had put, rather, stuck himself in an awkward situation. Not to mention, before it could all even register, another person had joined their little bubble of craziness. A strange blond creature, which looked oddly familiar Ed thought, at least she was cute. It was only after her name graced his ears that the person before him became his actual buddy, not the purple woman behind him. To which, Ed turned to hear Nikiri’s words as her face planted into the other man’s butt cheeks. Not even a few minutes in, and Ed already did an oopsie.

Despite so many words flying, another man, Asad, the ox demon, stepped towards them complaining. It was then Ed began his apologies. “I am so sorry!” He cried out to everyone, “I can fix this,” he said, “just look away please.” Despite his words, Tac and Nikiri were whisked away by the strange creature, leaving Ed with Aimi. “Oh…” He whispered, a blank look painting his face before he smiled again.

Oh, hey,” he waved at Aimi.

Yes, my name is Eternal, but you can just call me Ed. And I didn’t get your other questions, but I’m so happy to answer them if you just give me a moment- Hey, what’s that over there,” He said with urgency, his free hand pointing towards something in the distance. If she would look away, he’d quickly pop his hand out. Though, he could only hope it would work.

better sarasota.png
Mentions: No one Interactions: Arvios Arvios , VomitIcicle VomitIcicle

Sarasota had turned to walk away from the situation as he had seemed to get his point across. “Lets all calm down for a second” but Katarn's words would seem to be ignored by Evan. Sarasota had turned to look behind him at Katarn and inadvertently at Evan. As Evan had reached for his weapon, and stopped himself. “Oh you want to kill me now?” As he felt a rather large force bump his head. It set him back a bit. While the pair locked heads, he forcefully pushed back against Evans head in an attempt to break free. That didn't work though. He felt his own head threaten to knock back against the brick of the wall when he slammed up against it. Did he just let up for a minute? Sarasota didn’t even have time to wonder that fact as his back could feel the sting of the brick against him. Oh, Really, this is how he want’s to play? "Get me thrown out of the academy? Nobility? What's that got to do with anything? It's just you and me here. You want to run those words by again?" Evan had growled the words out. Sarasota had sneered. Evans hands were placed firmly against the wall above Sarasota's Shoulders.

A sinister laugh had escaped. Evans blatant ignorance of noble's rules,was Astonishing to say the least. This had pissed Sarasota off enough to want to kill. Evan’s head was right in Sarasota's face albeit not touching. Except from that one time they actually bumped heads a little bit when he was forced against the wall. “I believe I said I’ll have you thrown out of this shitty establishment that could hardly pass for a school! But I retract that statement! I’ll have your head as an ornament over my mantle. It’ll look so pretty up there.” He quickly threw his head right at the center of Evan’s forehead. Landing. It had struck and from the force he was disoriented a little bit, but he wasn’t going to let up.​

D U B L O I T , E R I K A
Interacting with: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare [Everett]

Erika had to admit, she wasn't expecting the garden to be as grand as it was when they entered. It felt so surreal to see such a wonderfully crafted area dedicated to only flora. Her brother would have a field day here - being one to take on the intricacies of plant-based magic as well as alchemy. More importantly for her, however, was the serene aura that surrounded the area. Maybe she'll frequent the garden more often. It seemed like a good place to wind down. Maybe even learn more about plants so she can keep up with her brother's rants about them.

That was when Everett began to speak and she tilted her head and listened closely. Of course Everett was a noble of high prestige - that much should have been obvious from the start. Erika had never met him personally, but it wasn't like the Dubloit family had a high enough standing to be invited to such grandiose parties. They were deemed a tad bit odd, a tad bit off by quite a few other noble families. They never minded, it wasn't important.

Her eyes narrowed at his short analysis to liken her to a flower. And the man soldiered on, his voice edging into what seems to be dark curiosity - one she's intimately familiar with. "Quite a weighted question, Everett." Erika responded. Instead of pulling back from him, she stepped beside him, turning her attention to the flowers that dot the garden - giving it the color of life. "I remember my death quite well." She gently held a red amaryllis, tilting it as if inspecting it carefully. "There was only a flash of light before-" She plucked the flower, bringing it closer to her face. "It was painless, though I doubt my experiences are universal. Many would call me lucky to have such a swift death. But in that moment between life and death - before I took my final breath, I've felt serenity. A grave acceptance, you could say." She took a breath - though it was nothing more than a habit by this point, she had no need for it. "But I came back and I knew that I was not finished. That I had more to do."

She turned to Everett. "Admit it, Everett, like your uncle, we all dance with Death. We all meet him in one way or another. Me with a magical experiment gone wrong, your uncle with a rake." She held out the flower to him, a calm and polite smile on her face. "I wonder what yours would be."

Nekomancer
Screenshot_2.png

"C-cult cat wannabe?" Tac echoed as the words of Asad pierced his fragile heart like a harpoon entering a mouse. "I'll have you know that I am the respected Nekom- OI, UNHAND ME, YOU BRUTISH IGNARAMOUS!" Hoisted up and flung over the sexy ox-man's shoulder, the cultish deviant laid limply as he was manhandled with careless abandon. Not only this, but Asad appeared to have taken a preference to him, his hand firmly cupped over Tac's innocent behind. "H-hey, don't you think you could raise your arm a little-" Asad had taken a rather bumpy step, harnessing a stronger grip on Tac. "No, please, anything but this- OH~~"

Tears streamed down his face as he was sullied further, the poor being unable to enjoy the closeness he had obtained with his glorious neko companion. Speaking of which, how is she holding up? He peered between his legs, an unconscious Nikiri reflecting at him with her nose pushed up between his thighs. The form they took reminded him of a cicada that had failed to escape its shell, now a being with a lifeless piece of used flesh attached to it. Not to say that he presumed Nikiri as useless. It was due to her stunning beauty that this cicada decided to try and make this helpless situation work out in his favor. As a tiny droplet of sweat began to form over her lovely brow, Tac tried to break his already broken back and reach the sweet nectar with his expecting tongue.

Before he was able to reach euphoria, he was flung on a bed within the infirmary. Nikiri's thicc body slammed on top of him, her elbow digging into his stomach and causing him to splutter. Beside them were some winged atrocity and a minuscule bear child that did a failed attempt at cosplaying the artistic form of a neko. If he had the ability, he'd have chopped them up where they stood. "You dare bring me to this foolish excuse of a nurse, you imprudent fool?" the professor said, directing his attention to Asad. "Once I free myself from this glorious encasement that I've found myself in, I'll have your head as a present for the fair neko once she resumes consciousness."

Interacting: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare
Mentioned (or relevant): Lo Mayn Lo Mayn LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine Mistborn Mistborn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back