• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Eternal Darkness | Mentioned: Nikiri ( NyxNightmare NyxNightmare ), Shina ( Mistborn Mistborn ) | Interacting With: Zinna ( NyxNightmare NyxNightmare ).
1596090201064.png
The room turned to black, Ed’s body weightless as he fell into the world of the unconscious. It was a quiet place with no strange cat ladies and no awkwardness, instead it was warm and comforting like the inside of a freshly killed camel during winter. During this time, A many voices cascaded over the darkness, friends and family, familiar and strange. Ed remembered the day Tim told him he was heading to Visian academy.

The muscular knight, known as Tim, stood in his armor wearing a golden smile under ebony hair, whilst he sounded a warm throaty chuckle. The summer sun blazed, burning them even under the shade of a mighty oak. Ed himself sat with a book, one about heroes or something, he could not remember.

You waste of space, boy,” Tim began, “you’ll be gone in a week.
What?” Ed questioned, raising his head from behind the book.
You look pathetic. Grab a blade for a once, you’ll probably need it.
What?” Ed asked again, this time his eyes foggy.
Focus, Eternal; you’re wasting our time together.
Huh?
Eternal.
Yeah?
You dumbass.

On cue, Ed’s eyes opened to a cold infirmary room. The air was a choking lavender, and the voices around him seemed haunting. Flashes of purple and feathers, bodies came and went before cuteness incarnate molested Ed as he laid. His first thoughts were astounding, one of profoundness that struck even Ed a bit too thoughtful. So, this is the touch of a woman.” Warmth grew from every spot Zinna touched until Ed was a burning red, flushed.

Eh?” He replied to her initial questions, churning the gears of his mind to locate the meaning of her words beyond all that had occurred. But how could he?
“What… Are… You… Doing?” Ed got out in between her questions. Upon hearing the word, “virgin,” Ed then pushed to his feet and skipped to the other side of his bed, putting distance between himself and the bear lady.
Sex is for marriage, and marriage is for love, and I don’t love you— I barely know you. That’s NOT how this WORKS.

Completely and utterly bewildered and lost in the moment, the idea of Zinna’s role within the infirmary was far from his mind. Perhaps, it resulted from his injuries, perhaps it was just Ed being Ed. “Begone, foul beautiful maiden,” he declared, “You SHAN’T take me before marriage.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ The Nekomancer ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

(thank you to NyxNightmare NyxNightmare for this beautiful code)​

As he squirmed in the cocoon of endless despair, the feeling of his body being forcibly mended and bent perviated his otherwise fragmented mind. It was damp, dark, and suffocating as the magical cloth reconstructed his skeletal system. Magic was lost inside this sack, any attempts of conjuring being interrupted by some foreign power. The frantic movements only created more resistance, the (presumable) toilet paper constricting with every shift. Nothing from the outside could get in and nothing from the inside could get out. It was only after a few excruciatingly long hours that his bondages went slack and his glorious form was able to spring forth from its prison.

"BEHOLD, PEASANTS, FOR I HAVE BEEN BORN ANEW. FROM THE SINEW OF MAN, I HAVE ENDURED GREAT TORMENT, FOR I AM THE GREAT MESSIAH-"

Thwick thwack thwonk.

An uppercut from a piece of wood, followed by a continuous thrashing, forced Tac to fall to the floor as he was treated as no more than a piñata at a child's birthday party. With an outstretched hand, he watched as Shina walked away without a second thought, leaving him to grovel in his dissatisfaction. "You will rue the day you messed with me, avian wench," he spluttered, trying to gather back his senses that were so rudely taken from him. What gathered his thoughts was not his determination, but rather the lack of a peculiar neko being present in the room. What did that quack doctor do now? Rising to his feet, he lazily scanned his surroundings until Zinnia and Ed came into focus.

His nostrils flared, storming over to the duo with enough zest in his step to be mistaken as a ballet dancer. These fools were the sole reason that his plans had been foiled so thoroughly. If not for them, it was likely that he would have been enjoying a honeymoon with his latest catch, Nikiri, by now. The urge to teach them a lesson was as natural as breathing for Tac, but the idea of playing the role of mummy again made him hesitant on taking out his anger on the menial bear nurse. The human boy was another story. Casting aside their conversation as less than commonplace banter, Nekomancer's gloved hand took hold of Ed's earlobe, yanking him off the bed and dragging him away. "This student is now under my jurisdiction, Zinzonner," he butchered her name. "I'll return him after he's made up for what he's done."

Strolling down the academy's corridors, Tac eventually let go of his grasp on Ed, turning on his heels and pointing menacingly at them. "As of now, you are to serve detention under my supervision. The contract has been made. You will now do my every command until I say otherwise. Even a braindead excuse of a belligerent halfwit like you can understand that, yes?" He lowered his arm, taking a glance through a nearby window. It had become nighttime. Just how long did that woman keep me in there? he asked himself, not bothering to try and comprehend the actions of a lesser being. Precious time had been lost, and it was now up to him and his newly acquired asset to make up for it. When double-taking Ed once more, Nekomancer was overcome with disappointment.

"Your magic may be the laughingstock of the academy, but I can see some value in it, no matter how minuscule it is." A nod to his words as he agreed with himself. "Do not fret, child, for no matter how useless you may be, under my tutelage, I will have you transcend well above your peers. Such is the will of one follower of Kah'Nyan to another. As a bonafide member of the Neko Nation, it is now our sworn duty to find and capture that purple-haired neko from earlier. Only then will you be absolved of the sin you have committed up until this point." He snapped his fingers enthusiastically as if to formally applaud his speech. "Luckily for you, I know exactly how to locate their current position."

~~~

Leading Ed away from the university's main building, Nekomancer sniffed the air. He smelled the sweet scent of his beloved so vividly. Deciding that idle chatter might help Ed in his acceptance as a new devout follower of Kah'Nyan while the entrance to the underground tavern came into view, he kept at a steady pace while speaking. "I never knew it possible for a single individual to be so inadequate. Tell me, student, where did you learn such sloppy magic? Surely you didn't learn it by yourself. Not even an incompetent buffoon is inexperienced enough to willingly learn that hogwash."
Interacting: Mistborn Mistborn NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Lo Mayn Lo Mayn

NoPrFUT.png

Calum'ro D. Cristus

Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren (Coralhyn)

Interacting With: TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity (Hesphelda)

Hesphelda said:
"To what incident are you referring to?" she humored him, gliding past him and leading him over to the bar counter.

His eyes, glossed over due to held back tears from the painful fall, didn't manage to catch any of her acute body signals invited from his appearance. Instead, Calum'ro attempts to focus on the blurred shape of the young woman slipping through the crowd. He cracks a smile to her back in response to the witty comment, though erases it just as quickly as it had appeared. The rant that he had with Coralhyn was still fresh on his mind, and so he reminded himself to steel his perseverance. "Never drop your guard around them," he reminded himself as if reciting a tenet of faith. Before the parted pathway closed, he hurriedly follows behind, looming over with his gaze locked on an empty tankard as if in resentful thought. "It was your damned idea, just get it over with," he convinces himself as he finally pulls the chair back that she had patted down, and making himself comfortable. The jackal attempts to flag down the bartender for a drink, hoping that he would be able to get something quickly.

Hesphelda said:
"Do you mind telling me a little about yourself, sir? I am Hesphelda von Ouzenos, a student in the Aristocrat Branch."

Upon hearing this, Calum'ro— purely drawn out from surprise by the woman's words —is struck by a wild coughing spell from choking on his own saliva. "Hes-phelda von Ouz-zenos!?" he wheezes as he attempts to roll out the words casually, yet instead manages to do the opposite, infusing them with what may have been a tinge of panic. He couldn't really blame himself for being unable to recognize the Princess of Alenia. Although she was well known among non-human sympathizers, she was typically holed up in the main capital, and was rarely seen in royal flyers. Or at least that's how Calum'ro interpreted the situation, considering that he typically got news by word of mouth, instead of from biased human and royal sources. Her claim must be true, though. After a look or two in her direction while she herself became distracted by glancing over her shoulder, her features were definitely becoming familiar.

His gestures were slowly, but surely shifting towards an anxious state, especially considering how he had just vented his antipathy for the ruling methods of the current monarch. If she was here, then it was more than likely that her personal guard would be nearby to protect her. Were they scoping out the academy disguised? Maybe cloaked by magic? Might they have heard his antagonizing speech? The jackal takes a quick glance over his shoulder as he turns to continue his coughing fit, though doesn't notice anyone who stood out in that manner. Apprehension was starting to take hold of him, but even then, he did his best to not make a point of it. The last thing he wanted to do right now was leave an insulting impression that might end up stabbing him in the neck later.

"I-I'm sorry about that," he clears his throat as if to finally satisfy the itch from his physiological mishap. "I'm Calum'ro Cristus, and in the mage branch. I'm not sure if that means we won't be seeing each other too much. But I'm really mostly here just to look for a friend of mine. He has a habit of getting himself into trouble.

"Say, are you... here on your own? Isn't that a little bit scary, being a member of the royal family and all?" The thought that was stuck in the back of his head was released without much thought for consequence, and once his reason catches on, Calum felt like the personification of dread had just impaled an icy arm into his chest. "Did that sound like a threat? A warning? Or like what was intended, a simple curiosity?" He could feel himself holding his breath, but did not know how Hesphelda might interpret the question.

Hesphelda
Hesphelda post pic.png

The playful jabs being exchanged between Asad and Aimi temporarily caught Hesphelda's attention, enamored by the jovial expressions that the two appeared to possess. Such conversations were unheard of at royal gatherings and snarky attitudes like those led to one losing their tongue if they weren't careful. So this is how non-humans celebrate? she thought to herself, raising her brow. There was a haphazardness to it that appealed to the sheltered princess, even if she never dared to partake in that sort of behavior. Not only this, but it added to her list of discoveries she was slowly making as she proceeded to observe the non-human students. Keep in mind that formalities aren't always the answer when talking to other species.

Speaking of which, the hacking and wheezing Calum'ro was anything but formal. Worry set in as she stretched out a caring hand out to him, only to waver as he finally spat out (quite literally) what he wanted to say. She felt uneasy, almost like her cover had been blown, but once he introduced himself, she decided that her fears were unwarranted. "Calum'ro Cristus," she repeated, keeping the name in mind for future reference. "I'm sure we're bound to see each other again on campus grounds, especially if we set our minds to look for each other," she continued, gently tapping her nails on the bar counter. Hesphelda was feeling impatient, so she let the 'friend' comment slide without a remark. It wasn't her business to pry.

Then, he mentioned something a bit unnerving to her. The question was quite bold, and if she had only based his intentions on appearances alone, she might have been inclined to receive it as an act of intimidation. When thinking about how clumsy Calum'ro presented himself and viewing them as a straightforward person in general, the truth felt like the best response at the moment. Additionally, she had been giving him half-remarks and little regard throughout their conversation as a whole. What sort of ruler was she to become if she wasn't capable of addressing her subjects with utmost diligence?

"I decided to come here alone. Royalty should not be afraid to walk among their citizens. At least, that's how I see it." There was a hint of sadness as she was reminded of her stubborn older brother. "Of course I'm a little scared, but I fully believe that what the admir- the principal is doing here is completely just. I have faith in his vision and know that he is not the type of person to let me, or anyone else for that matter, get hurt while attending this university." The tapping of her nails had stopped, taking a glance at Calum'ro before turning to behind the counter.

"Excuse me, sir? Can we get two drinks of water over here?" she asked Aetil, flashing them a smile. "It would be greatly appreciated."

Interacting: Arvios Arvios Mistborn Mistborn
Mentioning: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine

Shina
Mentioned: Zinnia
Interacting: Quintus, Coralhyn
Silvis Silvis Dante Verren Dante Verren

How long had Shina been sitting in front of this man, crying and rocking from side to side? Inside the building it was impossible to tell, and any moonlight that peeked through the windows of the academy did little to help. Instead she focused on the features of the man in front of her; the tufts of blue hair that accompanied his feline ears, the fluffed tail of his that rested by his side, the ornate instrument that he played. Her eyes committed every facet of his sight to memory as she listened. It was a song that helped her recall, commemorate, and mourn all she had went through at the same time. She didn’t care if the man had noticed her or her tears, and if she were being honest she couldn’t have done anything to stop them even if she wanted to. The two were caught up in their own little world of word and note, and if it had stayed that way who knows how long she would have sat there, gently swaying with each pluck of the string.

Unfortunately, however, that simply wasn’t the case for them. Shina nearly leapt out of her feathers as someone other than the musician in front of her spoke up, her mind having been completely enraptured during the nekos performance. Her subconscious thanked whatever powers that existed that this new person wasn’t a human, as only they knew how exactly she would have reacted otherwise. Her plumage slowly settled back into place as she took in the sight of this new person, shoulders relaxing ever so slightly after her initial moment of panic. “Oh... ehm, I know where the nurses office is. I just came from there, actually.” The harpies voice had lost its usual upbeat tone as she took a second to try and compose herself, although she had very much been bawling her eyes out for however long the mans song had gone on. She used her wings to pat away some of her tears before speaking again, now showing a soft (if somewhat practiced) smile once more. “She’s really sweet... and let me take a few bandages in case I scrape myself up again. Do you need them, mister...?” Her voice trailed off at the end as she began rummaging through her belongings, inadvertently asking both the questions she wanted to at the same time.​

Jaycee Cormac
Interactions: Saren ( NyxNightmare NyxNightmare ) Shiori ( SnowJynx SnowJynx ) Scathrai ( darkborn darkborn ) Spectral Chickens ( Silvis Silvis )

Despite earlier reservations that Jaycee had this plan was going rather well. They had secured the food in the form of the delicious smelling chicken, no cook in sight, and they had a good justification for taking the food as well. So far everything was going pretty good. He still wasn't really sure about taking the chicken in the first place but his drooling mouth, grumbling stomach, and the idea that they would have non human students who only eat meat made him worry less and less about the consequences. What a fool he was. Nothing he had experienced yet could prepare him for what was going to happen next. Maybe if he had been more aware of who the principal was or whose dinner they were taking he could have braced himself for something as silly and as terrifying as those cursed little creatures.

Stepping out of the hallway carrying a bit of the chicken Jaycee froze in his track. Out of nowhere like they were in some sort of messed up play a dozen spectral chickens appeared. Clawing and clucking as if filled with the desire to avenge their comrades who were cooked into a delicious meal. "Oh come on!" the young man exclaimed as he felt the piercing gaze of the flock fall upon him. Setting the chicken he was carrying aside Jaycee braced his body so that he could send himself rocketing forwards at a moments notice. The chickens hadn't charged yet and the last time he took the lead this group of troublemakers ended up in the hell of detention. This time he would wait for someone else to make the first move, but mark his word. He would definitely be making the second move. As a side thought he made a mental note to come back at a later time and ask the cook for their forgiveness and to never again turn spectral chickens on him. Eating chicken was never going to be the same again.

Coralhyn Reefmath
Interactions: Quintus ( Silvis Silvis ) Shina ( Mistborn Mistborn )
"I just came from a tavern, the navigator showed me the way so I think I can make it back there. I remember a captain saying that drink is always the best medicine. We should go there then get you to the doctor. " As she talked Coralhyn moved forward without hesitation. Moving closer to the man she looked over at the bird like woman, "Do you mind if we use your bandages now. After we get him a drink if you could take us to the ship doctor that would be gargantuan help. We can also get you new bandages". Not waiting for a response from the woman or confirmation from the man Coralhyn began to circle him and the bench he was on. This wasn't on purpose, in reality it was her instincts that were kicking in. Now that she was close enough to touch him the scent of blood was strong and it was starting to get her worked up. Normally she wouldn't be so inclined to help a beaten stranger, but she could feel her own blood starting to burn pushing her into motion.

"Can you dress your wounds yourself or do you need help?" she asked while continuing to walk in circles around the man. Despite her instincts thinking that it was meal time, Coralhyn kept her hunger in check. It was something she was starting to get good at. It was an unbelievably annoying process though. Every time her nose picked up even the faintest scent of blood it would send her instincts into overdrive thinking that it was time to eat, luckily she had it mostly in check, the circling was something she doubted she would ever get rid of. She did feel a ping of pride that she managed to keep herself from drooling.

Winston Mistbrewer
Dorm Hallways
Interactions: AI10100 AI10100 NyxNightmare NyxNightmare
Tiny Octopus Is So Cute Scientists Might Name It 'Adorabilis ...
Winston had retreated into his dorm room after night began. He wasn't one for social interaction, and he had a pet to take care of. Gently opening the small knapsack that contained Washington, he laid it down on the floor with the flap open wide. A few moments later the pink blob crept into the light and after a few moments of indecision, he made his way under the bed at a leisurely pace, flapping his tiny ear-like appendages like it was underwater. He took out a tiny food and water bowl, putting them at the foot of his bed. Washington had been given food right before the trip, so he wasn't hungry. Winston instead grabbed his canteen and poured its contents into the water bowl. It was lukewarm, but it'd have to do until he could refill his canteen. He patted Washington's head before standing up and deciding to unpack in the earnest. He wrapped up his capelet and his wicked cool cloak together, laying the bundle of fabric on the bed. His small brewing kit was shoved under his bed, far away from the food and water bowl.

After arranging his potions by type and then by element in a neat row, he chose a few of the smallest bottles. He took off his belt, laying it on his bed, and he started securing the bottles onto his belt with some small clips that he had brought from home. They were easy enough to unclip if he was in a hurry but still firm enough that they wouldn't get loose anytime soon.

He knew that his preparation wasn't needed. Winston was at Visian Academy. The staff was top-notch, and there were probably enchantments or wards or something like that in school to prevent anything dangerous. But it was a foreign school, in a foreign country, so why not be prepared? There wasn't much else he could do besides go outside, and that was something that he simply didn't want to do.

Once he had finished, he sat down on his bed and laid down, resting for a few moments. Outside there were some noises. Listening more carefully, he could make out some light footsteps and some heavy ones. Someone shouted something, and he could tell that it was a female voice. Both footsteps stopped, about ten seconds apart. Intrigued, Winston sat up, grabbing his belt in case there was something dangerous going on. He also decided to scoop up Washington, since Winston didn't want to leave him alone. He could hear a voice, fainter this time, and he used it to pinpoint the location. It was down a floor. From there it was a simple matter to walk down the stairwell to the bottom floor. Winston walked lightly, hoping that if there were any staff members around that they wouldn't hear him in the female dorm room floor. He rounded the corner and found the source of the commotion.

There was a blonde-haired woman standing next to a silvery fox. It was strange; it wasn't anything like Winston had heard of before. The fox was toying with a nearby tabby cat, and whenever the cat tried swatting at the fox, it would go straight through the fox. It made him think that the fox was a ghost or a spirit of some kind. It was pretty strange, and he didn't know what to say for a second. Apparently strange things were going to happen in Visian Academy. First, there was the thing in the library, and now he was faced with another weird thing.

He walked forward slowly, letting his footsteps hit the ground more loudly so he wouldn't startle anyone. Once he was pretty close, Winston looked down at the two pets, and asked, "What happened?"

1596422442381.png
Scathrai Deiyan
Interactions: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare (Saren), Dante Verren Dante Verren (Jaycee) || Present: SnowJynx SnowJynx (Shiori)​

Scath stopped when Jaycee stopped. "What's wrong?" Scath asked, before quickly leaning out and seeing what caused the taller man to quit moving. He nearly laughed at what he saw. Chickens? Ghost chickens? They wouldn't be able to do anything to the- then the chickens gave out a cluck. This cluck wasn't any ordinary call of a chicken. This was filled with rage and vengeance. Scath stiffened. He was an accomplished thie- sneaky person! He had managed to get inside countless bakeries, grain storages, and other places where treats were held! He managed to avoid falcons, dogs, and even boars in his adventures! Some ghostly chickens were NOT going to stand in his way! Scath snorted, and said in a false mocking tone to Jay, "Is this what stopped you? Chickens? Come on, don't t-tell me that you're gonna act like them, are you?" Scath chuckled at this, giving Jay a slight smile of reassurance, and looked at the now grey and white landscape before him, broken only by the glowing of the chickens.

Wait. The chickens were glowing. Scath smirked. First, he shrugged off his coat, revealing a short sleeved tunic underneath. He lay the coat on the floor, and set the chicken on the coat. He then raised his hands, making them look like he was holding a staff. A few moments later, one DID form- a spear, in fact. Formed out of shadows- they spiraled from the shadows cast by the glow made by the chickens to form the weapon that was in Scath's hand. Scath confidently approached forward, and poked the spear out at the nearest chicken. Why was Scath so confident? Well, aside from the fact that he wasn't going to let a mere chicken get in his way, he also had to make up for the fact that he embarrassed himself in front of Saren and Jaycee! Therefore, he had to redeem himself!

He should've guessed that something was up when the lights turned off suddenly.

The chicken he stabbed at jumped over his spear blade, ran up the shaft, and proceeded to jump at Scath in an attempt to scratch him. Scath, in turn, squealed and let go of the spear, and began flailing about trying to dislodge the chicken. He managed to form another shadow weapon, this one a dagger- the first one dissolved as soon as it hit the ground. However, he was so busy trying to do two things at once that he missed the rolled up carpet, and tripped face foward. As he fell, his face went through the ghostly chicken, and when the two of them hit the floor, Scath rolled away from the chicken, fearful of another attack. However, he soon saw that the chicken was dissolving, along with the shadow dagger he had let go of. Well, good to know that these things work on ghosts as well.

As Scath went to wipe his face to get rid of the ectoplasm, a horrifying thought came to him: Did I just kiss a chicken? ...Oh ancestors help him. PLEASE don't let anyone have noticed that. His face reddened considerably, though he had no time to dwell on that any more. He turned around, and promptly stumbled back as a couple more chickens lunged at him. He didn't have far to go, as he bumped right into Saren. He slid down from surprise a bit as he hit the girl, and as the two fell on the ground, Scath didn't hit a cold hard surface like he expected. It was actually soft and bouncy. Scath didn't get up for a moment, heedless of the situation around him for a moment. He just.. had to catch his breath, and enjoy the comfortable feeling. ...Then he finally decided to finally see what he landed on. His eyes landed on Saren's thigh. He blinked. He looked up. Saren was looking back at him.

Scath gave one of his famous strangled squeaks. Except this time, one could barely hear it. It sounded very suspiciously like he was gasping for breath; his face was also a curious pink color. Whether it was from mortification or fright, well, that was a mystery. He scrambled back as quickly as he could, mouth moving but no words coming out. From time to time, noise DID manage to come out, and if one listened long enough, they could piece out his apology. ...That is, if they could get past the stuttering as well. And what made things worse? As Scath tried to escape this predicament, he put his hand on Saren's leg. Now, it did slide off, leaving a small smear of mauve blood on Saren's clothes as recent cuts from a chicken rubbed across fabric, but the act was done.

Furthermore, Scath jumped out of the frying pan into the fire. He backed up straight into the two chickens, who began attempting to maul Scath. Thankfully, it was Evelynn who saved the day. As Scath covered his head with his hands, trying to keep the things at bay, a low hyena-like laugh came in. A chicken disappeared in a flash of ectoplasm, and Evelynn leaped out of the fading glow to pounce on the other chicken, tearing it apart before leaving it to hunt the other chickens. Foxes were notorious chicken eaters, after all. Scath breathed a sigh of relief, wiping the shadow from his eyes. He was so flustered, he didn't even notice that it was partially shadow and not fully hair.

What a redemption this was.

W41q7eW.png

Evanu'nal Kour'es

Mentions: @VomitIcicle (Katarn) @Twisted Tea (Sarasota)

Interacting With: Silvis Silvis (Avis)

As they were brought up one after the other, Evan tried his best to ignore the recent history of their lewd actions, though he couldn't help but look away abashed upon hearing the compliment about his grooming. "It felt good? Would she have stopped me if I hadn't done so myself?" his thoughts obtruded, though he barely ceased them from straying farther than that suggestion. Never in his life had the beastfolk been in such an awkward situation with the opposite sex. If anything, he was typically quite stout when it came to such matters. So why was he so damned flustered now? Was it because she was a vampire that, upon closer inspection, appeared old enough to be his own mother? Or maybe because they both partook in awkward mannerisms made up of mixed signals that led them to this mess of a relationship? He couldn't exactly pinpoint the cause, so he appreciated how Avis made quick work of moving on.

Avis said:
"Uh. Anyways there is something I'd like to ask you. I want to start a group for us non-humans to look out for each other. Offer support for those who aren't used to being here or for big strong guys like you to help look out for the weaker ones if any humans cause problems."

Evan immediately flashbacks to his first interaction within the academy, and with furrowed brows, his tail becomes alive with emotion. The one thing that made his fists ball up was the thought of someone else being in his position, someone as Avis had put it, who would not be able to stand up for themselves. He knew that others like Katarn would not always be there to set a rightful example, and the professors weren't omnipotent as far as he knew. The last thing he wanted to do was cause trouble and incite fights, but if he was able to somehow help steer the relationship between humans and non-humans towards a more resolute path, then he wanted to do everything in his power to do so.

As he comes to his conclusion, Evan releases a hot breath that seemed to also ease his tension. "Consider me interested," he says with a distraught smile. This time, he manages to catch her tease, and even though he is unsure about where his feelings currently stood, the beastfolk decided to play her game.

"So, how exactly would we go about it? It sounds like you're still planning things out... Would we need to set a date once things have settled in a bit better to see how everything goes?" While the question itself was playful, it did raise a serious point. He had no idea how forming a group would function. Avis would undoubtedly be the head, unless it was put to a vote for anyone who became a part of the group. But outside of that, what would such a crowd do? Have meetings? Start patrols? Or just have each others backs for when trouble came knocking? Something wasn't adding up to the beastfolk... But again, Evan did like the idea of protecting the weak.

❖ Dren Rieker ❖
"The masochistic stripper"

❖ Location: Library
❖ Interacting: Rosalina TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity & Cindra Silvis Silvis
❖ Mentioning: Hyacinth Silvis Silvis

Rosalina's delicate tone startled Dren. Her usual icy demeanor melted away, leaving her with demure deportment. Did she just thank me? Maybe redemption was within reach, after all. Shock tightened Dren's throat, but he found a way to speak through it. "You don't have to say that. I'll appreciate all sides of you, Rosalina." He used her full name to enhance the sincerity of his words. Despite his aversion to complex puzzles, he wasn't disappointed when Rosalina hit him with another riddle. The snake figured he should put forth some effort into solving it. Given all the grief he managed to cause earlier, it was the least he could do.

Dren would have loved to say he solved the riddle right then and there. Only he didn't. Instead, the hairs on the back of his neck began to perk up, and his palms grew damp with anxiety. This sudden feeling of great peril was caused by one person alone, Cindra. He felt the woman's footsteps tapping the ground with determination and purpose. She was getting closer by the second, and Dren's panic mode activated. There was no way Rosalina would admit him into the building without solving the riddle, right? Surely he wasn't off the hook that easily. Or was he? Would she be sympathetic if his life depended on it?

"Rose, please, just let me-" Dren didn't have the luxury of finishing his sentence when he heard Hyacinth's cries coming from inside the library. Fuck. I'm doomed. Of course, Hyacinth's life was of higher value to Rosalina. He would be abandoned and left to fend for himself. Guess I can kiss my hot shower goodbye. Maybe even my life. He turned with no time to escape Cindra's line of sight. Without meeting her gaze directly, the poor man straightened his posture and prepared for the worst. Although the female knight was made of human flesh, her uncanny sense of smell detected fear and weakness in a heartbeat. Dren couldn't allow himself to waver.

Forcing himself to welcome her, he bowed shortly. "Cindra. Patrolling the grounds at such an hour? You could leave such a job to the guardsman. What an overachiever." He attempted to keep his voice steady and level. She wants to spar with me. No, she wants to beat me until my bones are bruised. Perhaps he could misdirect her intentions. "Wouldn't you prefer crashing the welcoming party at Moonlight Tavern? I'm sure a lot of rules will be getting broken. And who best to restore order?"

Dren prayed to be left alone, but he knew he would be dragged into whatever excursion Cindra planned for them. Damn that butch lesbo for being immune to his manly charms. With Cindra, the tables were always turned against his favor. Why did he have to get stuck co-teaching with this madwoman? Although he should easily overpower her in a match due to his muscular stature, he consistently found himself in draws or in a checkmate. She was the first being to defeat him in years, and that demanded respect. However, her threatening aura never failed to make his insides churn. If she wiped that constant scowl off her face, maybe she'd even look comely.

Saren Voltus
"The Diva"

⟡ Location: Hallway
⟡ Interacting: Shiori SnowJynx SnowJynx , Jaycee Dante Verren Dante Verren , and Scath&Evelynn darkborn darkborn
⟡ Mentioning: N/A

Everything was going according to plan.

Operation Chicken Rush was about to be a success. No professors, no witnesses, no crime. That was always Saren's motto. Having gathered all the meat she could carry, the woman followed the gang out into the hall.

Everything was not going according to plan.

Spectral chickens were angrily flapping their wings and charging toward them. "Uh oh. Guess we have company after all, huh?" To Saren's surprise, Jaycee held himself back, allowing Scath to take the spotlight. A shadow mage? She watched as he manipulated the darkness with ease. Exuberating confidence, it was only natural to believe he had the chickens under control. Well, color me impressed. That's what Saren almost voiced aloud. Her compliment would have been sorely misplaced. The ghost chickens were running this circus.

The lights suddenly flickered off, transforming the hallway into an astral wonderland. For those lacking night vision, the birds' fluorescent hues would serve to guide their steps. Although Saren could only briefly catch Scath's movements, he appeared to be struggling a bit. Turning her attention to some other chickens off in the distance, she drew up a steady breeze with her fans, sending the airwave their way. To her dismay, the fluffy fiends remained unaffected. Looks like brute force it is.

Saren braced herself for the future collision. However, the impact she did receive was not that of a spectral chicken. No, this was definitely a non-feathered being. Saren cursed as she fell back onto the unforgiving ground. Shiori wouldn't have been so clumsy as to run into her like this. The culprit had to be none other than Scath or Jaycee. Saren found herself slightly disappointed it wasn't Shiori. Damn, It could have been an excellent excuse for more hugs.

Speaking of, he appeared to be tending to some chickens already. As a few rushed about, some of the light from their feathers illuminated Scath's dim features. "Hah, quite comfortable, are we?" Although she spoke in a teasing manner, slight irritation could be detected in her voice. She couldn't quite make out the finer details of his face, but she imagined he would be looking somewhat culpable and flustered. The man scrambled to remove himself from the awkward situation, his hand caressing her thigh if but for a mere moment. Saren gasped, but due to the sudden intimate touch or the chilled sensation of Scath's body, she wasn't sure. Is he a vampire or something?? His skin is so cold.

"How bold of you, Scath. And here I thought you were a sub all this time." Seeing him stumbling for words and attempting an apology was most amusing. Saren might have let bygones be bygones, had he not wiped something wet on her thigh. W-what is this? Another flash of light sprung forward to attack Scath. Saren was too preoccupied, noticing the dark liquid had spread to the edges of her kimono. Standing up to inspect the damage as best as she could, her eyes swelled with horror. This better not be what I think it is.

Evelynn and Shiori carried the team at this particular moment, allowing Saren some time to grip whatever cloth she could grab from Scath's shirt and pushed him backward until he hit the wall at one side of the hallway with a gentle thud. Saren positioned her knee between his legs to lock him into place. Despite Scath's already disheveled appearance, Saren found his inflicted wounds to be inadequate of a punishment. "What a relieved facial expression I just saw on you, Scath. Did you think I'd be letting you off the hook, though? I wonder if you'll still be relieved after this."

Saren slowly drew her face to the nape of his neck, her breath warm against his icy skin. "This is only fair, isn't it?" She brushed her lips along an invisible trail leading up to his ear. Scath's hair blended into the shadows, no, they were shadows. Hmm, not a vampire. Then, what is he? Saren quelled her curiosity for the time being and maneuvered her right hand to cup the back of his `neck. She pressed herself closer into him and whispered in his ear, "Scath~" Saren's voice started out smooth as velvet, almost lustful even. Then, it slowly descended into a callous nature.

"This is a limited edition kimono, Scath. LIMITED. EDITION. This wouldn't be your blood on the hem, would it, Scath? HMM??!" Within seconds, Saren had pulled him forward and raised the open fan in her left hand, slamming it down onto his shoulder. A powerful gust of wind was generated from the rapid gesture and sent Scath barreling on his side into the seemingly infinite black sea. "Shit. Now I can't find him. Did he roll too far away? Shiori! Light it up in here!" Forgetting their initial mission, the diva was set on delivering divine retribution. Scath had to repent for his sins. "You owe me a new kimono!!! A-grade fabric! Satin! Sheer, salmon trim!" With each word, she found herself lashing out at the spectral chickens in a fury. As one dissolved, it would reconstruct several times after before completely fading away.

"How long does it take to kill a few ghost chickens?! Jay, where you at? You're the man with the plan, yeah?" A hefty portion of her anger evaporated with her strikes. Yet, the woman harbored grudges for quite a long time. She wouldn't be forgetting Scath's actions so soon.

Last edited:
Jaycee Cormac
Interactions: Saren ( NyxNightmare NyxNightmare ) Shiori ( SnowJynx SnowJynx ) Scathrai/Evenlyn ( darkborn darkborn
Jaycee blinked in confusion at the madness that he was witnessing. Everything went from a controlled but silly conflict to nothing but pure chaos. For a minute Scath actually looked pretty uncharacteristically cool, even if the man was making fun of him. That all came crashing down as the ghostly chickens began to swarm, peck and scratch at him. They even sent the poor man reeling straight into the thighs of Saren... lucky bastard. Of course that didn't end well as it only invoked Saren wrath, or was it lust? Maybe it was both? Either way this scene of Saren bearing down on the unfortunate Scath while the two foxes seemed to be the only ones who were actually putting in decent work... and here he was just standing there. It was Saren's call that really got him to move. Raising a fist he gave himself a very light punch on the cheek. Time to get to work!

A loud BANG, equivalent to a steel pot slamming into a stone ground and a flash of blue temporary filled the hallway sending him skipping forward. This first one was followed up by another, then another, and a third one before Jaycee collided with a few of the poultry fiends. Their forms dissipated then reformed, this was going to be obnoxious. He felt a sharp pain in his right leg and looked down to see a chicken pecking him. Swinging his left leg around he clicked his heels together and sent the chicken reeling into oblivion with a bang. He also sent himself forward a bit which gave some other chickens the opportunity to rush forward and start scraping at him. tripped by one of the chickens he rolled on his back and braced himself, this was going to suck. The chickens kept pecking and scratching at the Jaycee as they stood over him, but that is what he wanted. Giving them a devilish smile he swiftly clapped his hands together sending a blast directly upwards knocking them up into the air then crashing back down into a poof. He stood back up and punted away a lone chicken that rushed at him.

Looking himself over he was bleeding a bit from the many scrapes and scratches the chickens inflicted on him. "Scath buddy you still alive?"He called out into the mess of a dimly lit hallway. The spectral chicken he punted earlier charged him and Jaycee held out his hand, the creature took the bait and chomped down onto one of Jaycee's extended fingers. He winced in pain but quickly snapped two of his free fingers point blank sending it back with a bang to where ever it came from. "Shit that hurt" he muttered. "Everyone alright? Shiori? Evelyn? Lovebirds?" he called once again into the chicken rush.

NoPrFUT.png

Calum'ro D. Cristus

Mentions: LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine (Aimi Minamoto)

Interacting With: TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity (Hesphelda) Mistborn Mistborn (Aetil)

Calum'ro eyed her response with caution as if he was ready to quickly abandon the encounter if things were misinterpreted. Within those few seconds, he had already planned out "Please excuse me, I need to use the restroom," or "Pardon me, I think I forgot something in the closest neighboring kingdom" as two options to depart as far away as possible from this bar. Though no matter which way she had interpreted the question, he would have never expected for her to approach the answer as she did.

Calum'ro immediately made the connection, that by putting herself within less of an arm's worth of reach to the public, Hesphelda was making a grand statement of trust between herself and the Principal. To claim that the one spearheading the academy would not only care for everyone else as he would for her, but lead Visian towards success... It was a powerful statement. There was a genuine tone of emotion and duty in both her words and gestures, with her etiquette and mannerisms carrying their meaning much farther, like a dandelion traversing in a strong, yet graceful current of wind.

With all this in mind, Calum'ro, now aware that this was, in fact, the princess with respectable views on non-human rights, felt that tinge of trust strike a chord once more. It now played louder and clearer in his heart— a measure that he could not so easily ignore this time around. The moment that her eyes met his, glowing a soft shade of plum from the dim hanging bar lights, he felt his own shine with an expression of inspiration.

As she asked the bartender for a drink of something, Calum stares past her shoulder in thought, obliviously fixated on the neko partaking in a shot war. He places the claw of his thumb under his chin, entranced by the effect that she was having on him. The jackal was aware that his more reserved nature— the half that he had honed as a tool to distance himself with the hazard that was humanity —was practically at war with his current self, as if it was strapped in a full body restraint and yearning for release as if it was do or die. These typical feelings that he used to guide himself were so easily hushed... To Hesphelda, it may have just been a truthful response strewn together by countless hours of communication and relations studies. But to Calum'ro, it was a moving occurrence.

"Yes, I believe you're right," he drawled as if he was stuck in a dreamlike state of thought. "Even if the Principal wasn't here, and you were in harm's way, I would make sure to pro—" this time, as if he had just awoken from a hypnotic state, he stops himself completely. What was he about to say? With fidgeting fingers, his golden eyes wander back to hers as if inspecting whether he had caught her attention, or whether she was too busy attempting to get the two a drink. Unsure, he simply clears his throat in an attempt to avoid the subject.

"A-Anyway," he interrupts himself as a foot paw starts bouncing a bit too energetically, "I'm sure you're a bit new to this, Princess Hesphelda, but sometimes when you really need to get a bartender's attention, you have to be a bit more... callous with them. Also, cover your ears." This was not his style. Far in contrast, this was something that would be up Evanu'nal's alley, so to speak. But right now, he needed to interrupt the flow of the conversation he might have unintentionally created.

The beastfolk positions two fingers inside each side of his jaw. A second later, and a hell of a shrill of a whistle is heard; while it didn't last for more than a second, it was loud enough to pierce through the racket of the bar for those who weren't buzzing or in heated arguments with their drunk counterparts."Hey! Can we get two drinks over here?!" the beastfolk barked as if trying to speak over the clamor of the lively Moonlight Tavern like his call had done just prior, while simultaneously unaware about how close (or distant) the bartender that Hesphelda was speaking to was.

Last edited:
Aetil
Mentioned: People in the bar, don’t want to @ everyone that’d be a lot for mentions
Nekomancer
TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity
Interacting: Lia, Hesphelda, Calum’ro
Nessi Nessi TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity Arvios Arvios

Even as he was tending to those in front of him Aetil could notice the crowd around growing larger, and it didn’t take long for him to start regretting his decision to work at this place. From elemental spirits, humans, and everything else that kept spilling into the tavern, quite literally at times, it was certainly going to be a long night. He began to listen in on various parts of conversation around him, catching bits and pieces without any kind of context or meaning behind them. As he was settling in a familiar familiar decided to join the fiend at the bar, the Russian Blue hopping onto the counter and pacing back and forth with Aetil as he worked. There were a few faces he recognized, and some that gave him a moment of pause before continuing to go about whatever he had been doing. There was one in particular that stood out to him, a woman with pointed catlike ears and long purple hair. It took a moment for recognition to sink in, but he surely remembered the neko that had buried his summoner in vegetables. Of everything in the nine hells, of course that one is in here. He let out an audible sigh with the thought, deciding to ignore their presence for the time being. They’ll get themselves killed anyways, but if he comes here and causes a scene I’ll probably get permission to throw him out. A small smile met his lips at the thought, but disappeared as quickly as it had formed with Lia’s introduction and apology.

Taking another look around the tavern Aetil’s eyes found the group quickly surrounding Charles & Co, with the announced shot war gathering more and more attention as Aki joined in. He’s got that covered right? Right. I’ll leave that to him. “Yeah... that’ll be fun to clean up after later...” He ended up muttering the statement under his breath, his attention turning back towards the woman in front of him and registering her extended hand. “You can call me Aetil. I’ll be your barkeep for the night... and the foreseeable future, I suppose.” The fiend took Lia’s hand in his, following the handshake through with a naturally (or unnaturally by human standards) strong grip before letting go. His posture relaxed as the two separated, resting his arms on the bar and leaning on them. “So... what kind of trouble should I expect from her, exactly?” Aetil’s head nodded in the direction of Aki, along with the growing group of patrons surrounding them.

Before he could hear Lia’s reply his attention was soon captured by someone else at the bar. "Excuse me, sir? Can we get two drinks of water over here? It would be greatly appreciated." The fiend glanced over at the source of the voice, easily picking out the jackal esque non-human and well dressed human who had flagged him down. Not a moment later he watched the non-human whistle for him like some kind of stray hellhound. That is not something I’m going to deal with down here, this is my space for the time being. His tail flicked back and forth in annoyance, glancing back at Lia for a moment. “One second, I’ll be right back.” He had already begun the process of filling their drinks when he had heard the first request, but decided to get an extra cup with ale and take a rag for spills “just in case” after the second. In all honesty he would’ve made it to them faster without the non-humans “request”, but so be it. His familiar, deciding that it wasn’t interested in the idea of potentially being splashed with water, stuck close to Lia for the time being.

Aetil soon reached the pair, setting their waters down one after the other as he looked them over. Something was familiar about the well-dressed woman, but in the moment he couldn’t quite put his finger on it. As he was maneuvering the extra cup to his other hand he inadvertently knocked one of the tankards over, dumping its watery contents in the lap of the non-human in front of him. “Ah... apologies sir. Here, you can have this one instead.” Aetil placed the ale-filled mug next to the spilt drink, beginning to wipe down the countertop with a bit more haste than he had previously been serving with. The fiend had done a good job at sounding sincere, or at least as sincere as a devil could sound, however those looking closely enough would see the smoldering sense of victory in his eyes.​

Thank you for the perfect art Nyx!
Neko Boy.jpg
Quintus
Interacting: Shina Mistborn Mistborn Coralhyn Dante Verren Dante Verren

Quintus would have smiled at the sad bird woman before him if he could manage such an expressive face, but instead he just kept his tone gentle while answering her obvious question. "Quintus." As he thought to ask her to guide him the very assertive newcomer rushed in to circle him and start taking control of the situation. There was something about the way she circled him that made a deep instinctive part of him worry. He thought that perhaps he should run but he really didn't think he could outdistance her and he did need help. The limit of his medical knowledge was that lying directly on a wound made it hurt more. "I would welcome some assistance with the bandages, if we can use them?" With some trepidation he had decided to discard the dangerous feeling of the woman circling him and entrust himself into her ministrations. With any luck if she were to harm him the other could get him out of it. Glancing back at his more quiet audience he furrowed his brows and wasn't sure if he should have asked for her bandages. If the nurse gave her the bandages it could be assumed she was prone to getting hurt and would need them. Maybe he should just make do as is?

The neko turned to set down his instrument and leaned it against the bench to make sure there was room if either decided to sit next to him. Deciding to give the winged girl a way out he turned back to try to address the nautically speaking woman and realized he hadn't found out either of their names. "Either way I would greatly enjoy having a drink with you two ladies if that's acceptable?" Without noticing it himself he had tried to copy the speaking method of his owner. He'd always seemed well received by others and now the uneducated slave was hoping to be received in a similar manner. "Ah, and may I ask the names of my benefactors?" If he was lucky he had made a good impression but if he were unlucky they would have social aptitude higher than a child and instead notice how awkward he was at speaking to others. Clenching his fingers into his robe the musician resisted the urge to grab his lute and express himself with a song.

unnamed (1).jpg
Shiori | Fox Demon
Interacting: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare (Saren) Dante Verren Dante Verren (Jaycee) darkborn darkborn (Scath and Evelyn)
Pretty pleased with himself, Shiori smirked as he took food to hide for the moment. Though he was distracted in his task as he ears twitched lightly on his head, picking up the odd sound of scratching and.. clucking?? He faintly registered Jaycee's exclamation of surprise as he turned around.
"...A sick joke..." He trailed off seeing about a dozen spectral chickens. They had obviously been caught red handed stealing the chicken. He watched as Jayce surprisingly backed off, and Scath stepped up- taking the opportunity to take a few more pieces of food before the lights went out.
Even without light, Shiori could see just fine if not better than normal. As Scath hastily dropped his shadowy spear as one of the winged nightmares ran up it to attack the male, Shiori debated what he could do to help- or escape with Saren and leave Jaycee and Scath to deal with the consequential ghost chicken attack. Huffing a sigh, he decided the whole thing was a hassle- and lunged at one of the glowing lights with his claws ready to strike down the stupid menaces that threatened their mission for a meal. Stratching through the odd chickens, he had already realized it would take more effort to actually kill the chickens set on them, and taking more time than he liked to deal with the chickens individually.
He turned his head over his shoulder a little when he heard a thump, seeing that Scath had clumsily knocked over Saren. Though in his concern for his partner, not that he'd openly admit it especially to her, one of the chickens from hell scratched open the back of his right hand. Thoroughly irritated by the chickens pecking and scratching, not to mention the scene behind him, he backed away from the hoarde of poltury, he held up his hand and summoned a indigo hued fox fire into his palm. Smirking, he heard Saren yell to light up the place and heeded her wish. Twisting his hand around, he extended his arm and blasted the attacking chickens with the flames.
As he controlled the fire to roast the spectors, he slashed at ones that escaped the flames, intent on attacking him with pecking and more scratches. In the corner of his eye, he saw Evelyn attacking as well. Unfortunately for his ears, Saren's antics seemed to snap Jaycee from inactivity because he soon heard that horrendous thundering sound again. Covering his ears with his hands, he shot the male a glare and only removed them to finish off the last of the chickens he was dealing with after Jaycee stopped using his odd ability.

• ❀ Nikiri Elms ❀
    "The Nature Freak"

❀ Location: Moonlight Tavern
    ❀ Interacting: Chill Silvis Silvis , Aetil Mistborn Mistborn , Hesphelda TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity , & Calum'ro Arvios Arvios
    ❀ Mentioning: Asad, Aimi LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine , and Aki Nessi Nessi

Nevermind Nikiri's arms freezing off. She was far too enraptured by the holiness that was Chill. Not only was the ice elemental agreeing to teach her his ways, but he accepted her proposal to be her friend! Nikiri's tail stood upright and quivered, expressing her raw feelings of utter bliss. "Oh, bless! I shall not take this encounter for granted. I will train hard as not to disappoint you, professor." As the nearby elemental spirits gathered around her, she twirled playfully.

Growing up in the canopy of nature had resulted in the neko having an affinity toward the natural elements, and vice versa. Although her current abilities might not reflect that of a powerful mage, anyone with a keen sense of magic could feel the concealed aura within her just waiting to be broken free. "I've always lived in the forest. The fae brought me up as one of their own and bestowed upon me the moral duty of protecting the forest."
    Nikiri posed with her hands on her hips and puffed out her chest. "As the Sacred Tree puts it, I have the spirit to guard the forest! I'm here at Visian Academy to do just that. Once I become mightier, I'm sure I'll live up to Sacred Tree's expectations and ascend to the role of guardian. The fae said it's the highest honor one can receive. It's still a tad bit of a foreign concept to me, but I won't let them down." Loosening her stance, she winked at the ice elemental. "I've never seen such a powerful ice elemental before. Please take care of me this semester!"

And then she bounded off toward the bar to buy some surprise drinks for herself and her new friend. I wonder if elementals drink ale? Perhaps I should have asked first. As indecisiveness continued to plague the woman, she overheard a few bystanders having a shot war, whatever that was. Perking her ears in curiosity, Nikiri leaned in to witness the chaotic commotion. This must be a social trend of sorts? Is it rude of me not to partake? Intricately weighing her options, she decided against being an outcast.

"Me! Count me in, please."

-------

Two shots were all it took for the unfortunate nature freak to lose touch with reality. Her face flushed with incredible heat, and her movements slowed to a stagger. She appeared to be the first to tap out, sliding herself over to the bar's very edge. "Forgive me, dear spirits. I could not represent you with strength tonight." Reaching her arms out at no one in particular, she moaned, "Water...waaaatterrrr. I desire the element needed for da fishessss. Oh, Founder of rain! Give me your sweet nectar."

The sound of a nearby crash alerted the neko, causing her body to swivel toward the source of the ruckus. "Well, that was rude. Oh, is that water?" Crawling on all fours, Nikiri embraced her feline nature and slowly made her way to the table where the bartender had spilled water over a non-human. Her lil sniffer could detect any natural element. Focusing on the most concentrated area, Nikiri began gingerly licking the damp pants of Calum'ro. Becoming agitated with the lack of consumable moisture, she looked up at the bartender and asked, "Can you pour some more, pwease? Thanks yew."

Hampire.jpg
Avis
Interacting: Evan Arvios Arvios

Avis grinned with a sense of accomplishment when her companion expressed interest in joining. She wasn't fully certain of it but she doubted any other members of the rebellion had joined, as even she admitted exposing themselves to the Admiral seemed like a dumb idea, so finding her first ally took a weight off her shoulders. She did of course realize that him agreeing so quickly meant he'd likely experienced the harsh reality of human cruelty and so her heart ached for him. It may be an unfortunate truth, but the truth was that for her rebellion to succeed she had to learn to ignore her empathy and drag poor children like him into the war. Thus, despite her heavy heart, the aged harpy kept the grin and even turned it into a happy smile.

"I really don't have much planned yet besides helping out who we can. Setting a date to discuss details sounds perfect, perhaps over a drink?" She had lied of course, she'd planned for many eventualities. Switching back to the flirty banter eased her conscience enough that she even slipped in a vampire drinking joke. His blood was delicious though but the side effect was a catastrophe. Avis swallowed from the memory and had to drag herself back into the present. With as much conviction as a grandmother could muster she swore to be more careful with this fine drink in the future. It wouldn't be acceptable to keep making a fool of herself. At least he seemed to only remember the more suggestive parts and not the embarrassing stuff. Thinking about yesterday reminded her of thatwretched human they assigned to be her buddy. Hopefully that wasn't meant to be her roommate as well. In an absentminded manner she talked to herself. "I should probably go make sure my roommate and I are safe to stay together." She couldn't stay with a human or she would be liable to drink them dry by morning.

1596850442793.png
Scathrai Deiyan
Interactions: Dante Verren Dante Verren (Jaycee), NyxNightmare NyxNightmare (Saren), SnowJynx SnowJynx (Shiori)​

Scath honestly wish he could crawl in a hole and die.

"How bold of you, Scath. And here I thought you were a sub all this time." Sub? What was a sub? I-in fact, Scath didn't want to know. As he sat there, gasping for breath, watching the pandemonium unravel around him, he seriously pondered life choices. How was he supposed to know that there would be ghost chickens guarding this...well... chicken! In fact, chickens even had ghosts? Suddenly, he heard Jaycee call out to him, "Scath, buddy, you still alive?" To which Scath could give a thankfully only a slightly breathless, and distracted, "Yeah, I'm fine..." Well. His pride wasn't. Physically, he would recover.

How wrong he was.

"What a relieved facial expression I just saw on you, Scath. Did you think I'd be letting you off the hook, though? I wonder if you'll still be relieved after this." Scath could only blink as Saren came up to him, grabbed his shirt, and pushed him onto the wall. Then, a moment later than he would've liked, he gave one of his famous squeaks. ...Then things started to get really, really bad. Or good? ...Probably bad. "This is only fair, isn't it?" And then Saren started getting close. Scath couldn't help it. He started babbling. "I'msosorryforfallingonyoupleasedon'tkillmeIpromiseI'llmakeituptoyousomehowIreallydon'twanttodie...." But that wasn't what Saren had in mind.

"Scath~" Scath was both excited and terrified. Mainly terrified. His babbling started flowing out even faster than before; it probably should have been inhumanly possible to speak at such a rate. He was practically hyperventilating. "OhRevenanthelpmeI'mstillavirginIhaven'tevenkissedagirlbeforedon'tyouthinkweshouldtakethisslowerIhelpuhwhyme?" ..But even that wasn't what Saren had in mind. "This is a limited edition kimono, Scath. LIMITED. EDITION. This wouldn't be your blood on the hem, would it, Scath? HMM??!" Scath could only stare in dumbfounded silence. Then she slapped the fan on his shoulder.

Scath's world went sideways. Then upside down. Then back to normal. Then... it all became a blur. He remembered one distinct moment where he was somehow looking at Dante right in the face, except.. Jaycee was upside down. That was weird. Scath was fairly certain he had a look on his face; what was it? Was it terror? Scath really couldn't remember. What could he remember, then? Well...

Scath hit the wall with a sickening thud and crunch. He slid down to a sitting position, in a daze, and a few chunks of debris and dirt fell on him. He couldn't hear anything. He couldn't breathe. Then, to add insult to injury, a bright light flashed into existence. It hurt Scath's sensitive eyes. He raised his hand- it looked bruised, along with cuts. How did that happen..? But Scath was getting off track. He raised his hand to cover his eyes. Tonight was not his night. As his hearing began to return to normal and he began gasping for breath once again, he heard Saren shout out, "You owe me a new kimono!!! A-grade fabric! Satin! Sheer, salmon trim!" ...Wait. Wh-what? Scath couldn't help but stammer out, "Sh-sh-sh-shee...Sheer!?" Then came the boom. The noise, flashing lights, and dull sensation was too much. The last thing that Scath saw was the faces of Shiori, and Saren, Jaycee, and Evelynn admist the blinding, painful light. Scath fainted.

A shadowy, familiar, yet unfamiliar, figure haunted the edges of his subconscious. Scath wasn't dreaming, yet, at the same time, he was dreaming. This paradox only lasted for a few moments, before Scath faded into blissful- at least, at the moment- blackness and silence.

-Evelynn-

Evelynn looked back at the thunderous crash. She saw her silly master hit the wall. So hard, in fact, it caused it to crack. She sniggered at his antics, but then instantly worry set in. Scath was a frail thing. She disengaged with the chicken she was stalking in an almost callous manner, flicking her conveniently silvered claws out in an almost lazy way, dispatching it, before rushing over to check on Scath, weaving and leaping through the chaos that was the chicken rush.

He was unconscious. That meant that the chickens could have free reign over him. Evelynn, as Scath's dedicated familiar, decided she couldn't let that happen. She turned, and started pacing back and forth around Scath, daring any chickens to come close to her. ...And who knows. Maybe Scath would reward her for protecting him. Evelynn almost drooled, if she could, at the thought of one of those famous cheesecakes she heard about so much from that Mapmaker.

Last edited:
Shina
Mentioned: Zinnia
Interacting: Quintus, Coralhyn
Silvis Silvis Dante Verren Dante Verren

Shina had been keeping most of her attention on Quintus, nodding as she did her best to commit the name to memory, but as the shark-like woman pushed forwards her focus shifted onto them. They kept using these weird words and phrases. We’re not on a boat, why does she keep saying that? Either way the point came across, there was no way she’d be needing these bandages for herself later tonight anyways, right? She kept one eye on her for the time being, especially as she started to walk circles around the bench. “Uhm, yeah... I should be able to get more from Ms. Zinnia whenever I see her, so it’s not a problem.” Her mood had started to improve as she thought about helping another, and the harpies tone mirrored her feelings rather obviously. “You need them more than I do anyways...!” She punctuated her statement with a smile, soon joining Quintus on the bench as she leaned this way and that to get some idea on how badly he was hurting. Well, his chest is cut up pretty good, but most of the bleeding seems to have stopped... is that a boot mark? Shina could feel her feathers bristling at the sight of the wound, but did her best to keep her mind on the task at hand.

Once she realized that the neko had asked for help with applying the bandages however, her excitement (and anger) simmered down to a mild sense of embarrassment. “Well, sure... If you’d uhm... excuse me, Quintus, I’ll uhm...” The harpies statement trailed off again and a small blush formed on her face as she closed the distance between them, carefully moving her arms under the mans robes as she began wrapping the bandages over his chest. To get close enough she had to practically put herself under Quintus’ arm, with one of her wings partially resting against the small of his back as she worked on tying the loose ends together. She didn’t want to rush anything since the mans wounds were fresh enough for there to still be blood, but there wasn’t anything that seemed to be obviously broken or bad enough to be life threatening. She could take her time, right? Right. It was totally normal and not weird at all in this particular moment to be checking out the man in front of her. She had to make sure there weren’t any wounds she had missed, that’s definitely what she was checking. Definitely.

Her thoughts were dragged away from the awkwardness of the situation as Quintus spoke up again, but after listening to him something felt... wrong. It wasn’t any one thing she could put her finger on. Maybe it was about the overall tone of voice, or the way certain words sounded as he said them, but whatever it was made her skin crawl. She did her best to move past the feeling, carefully finishing up before giving the man a bit of space again. “There... all done.” Shina took a deep breath and relaxed somewhat, excited, nervous, and proud of her work all at the same time. If only Ms. Zinnia could see me now! Her mind returned to Quintus’ questions from before, realizing she hadn’t introduced herself before her... examination. “Uhm... sure, something to drink would be nice... Oh, my name’s Shina by the way!” The harpy smiled brightly before the beating of wings and a few hooting calls caught her attention, her feathered friend landing on her shoulder and certainly making his presence known. “And this is my familiar Bobo!”

Eternal Darkness | Mentioned: Zinnia ( NyxNightmare NyxNightmare ) | Interacted: Tac Yssup ( TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity ) |
1596939498575.png

In the breath of a moment, Ed stood before Zinnia awaiting her response. His hurried breath replicated a mildly upset bull, chest moving back and forth, beating in a scared frazzle. Again, his mouth spewed nonsensical splatter at another girl, one who he considered exceptionally cute. Ed’s hands gripped the bedsheet. He would have to make a grand escape to protect what was left of his pride. It seemed his damned mind worked like a broken faucet as he could only deliver dribbles of rational thought at a time. When he moved to throw the sheet up, a hand took hold of his earlobe like a mother would her child when it was time for a good scolding.

Ed winced as the hand yanked. The man who took hold of him was none other than the person Ed had accidentally knocked into someone. Ed fretted this man would humiliate him further in front of the girl, so he could not resist nor fight against the hand out of that fear. Tac revealed his position as a professor, laying claim over Ed. Not only had Ed’s magic embarrassed someone, but that someone was also a professor. Trouble.

Out in the corridor, Tac laid onto Ed his new position, serving detention. Ed had done it now, Ed thought. A bit dreary, he considered what Tim would think of him being so lowly. Tim would be upset, mad that Ed was not living up to his full potential. But as Tac continued to assure Ed that under Tac’s guidance, he would become greater. It was then a weight fell from Ed’s shoulders. This strange teacher man before him did not hate or despise Ed, no. He sought to help him. “I understand,” Ed declared, watching Tac announce his plans to capture a neko. Ed was unsure what he really meant by capturing a neko, but if it was necessary, Ed would support it all the way. “Lead the way the way, sir!

~~~

Following Tac into the night, Ed finally took in his surroundings. A beautiful, vibrant calmness wafted through the school like a breeze. A smile came to Ed’s face. At the attempts at small talk from Tac, Ed answered. “Oh my magic came from my big brother, Tim. He’s great. He’s amazing, really. He’s super cool and nice. Every day he was home, he would take me out to the field and teach me spells. I’m not very good at magic, so I messed them up bad, but I’m getting better. The magic you saw- which I’m sorry about by the way- Tim said, was really powerful. I just couldn’t do it right when he would stare at me. Oh, I did not want to disappoint him. So I tried over and over as he threw stuff at me though it only worked when he wasn’t looking, I don’t think he knew that at first… If you met Tim, you would love him. He’s so strong. He’s so cool.” All that Ed said was somehow performed in one breath, so take that as you will. For Ed, the pressure of the day had not calmed just yet. A certain fuzz and sleepiness kept his eyelids half opened, and his mind was slow. At the very least, Ed finally made a friend.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ The Nekomancer ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

The stars dazzled in the night sky, illuminating the duo's path as they headed for the Moonlight Tavern. As Ed absent-mindedly prattled on about their incestuous doting towards their older brother Tim, Tac had been busy wracking his mind on possible avenues to take when they were to arrive at his beloved neko's location. Exactly four hundred and seventy-two different scenarios played in his head in quick succession, all possibilities ranging from the marriage between him and Nikiri to his ultimate demise by the hands of the Admiral. The reason he hadn't thought up more was because of something that Ed mentioned. It had caught the professor's attention, causing him to stop so abruptly that the boy behind him had walked into Tac.

"YOU FOOL!" he shrieked, jabbing his finger into Ed's chest, enough force to slightly knock them off balance. "It does not matter whether or not you wished to disappoint him. The one you shouldn't be disappointing is yourself." His finger wiggled, erratically moving about on Ed's sexy pecs. "The great Nekonomicon teaches us that power does not come from anywhere except within. Haven't you ever read the scripture, you dullard?" Frantically feeling up himself, Tac pulled out a black book with hastily drawn catgirls etched onto its cover. Flipping through the pages and stopping at one that he liked, Tac coughed, clearing his throat. "He who leads their life bowing to others is no more than sheep to a flock; however, he who rises above the flock will be blessed by all the cutie patootie nekos. Praise Kah'Nyan. Nekomiah, 973:4." Tac flicked his gaze up expectantly, assuming that the words of his lord had a great impact on Ed.

"Do not allow your adoration to be misplaced. All are mortals under the guidance of Kah'Nyan, including your older brother. Once you've lost sight of that, you've lost your purpose. I am a charitable man. I will overlook this grievous slip up of yours just this once. May you devote the rest of your time expanding your mind to the literature of our lord and savior." Closing the book and slipping it back into his robes, Tac thought deeply. There was a chance that the hesitation in Ed's mind came from a disconnect with the lord. It was up to Tac to restore this connection, as it was the only way to save this poor boy from damnation. Slowly, he undressed, slipping out of his clothes until he was left in his undergarments. Tossing the robes to Ed, he nodded in reassurance. "Don the garbs of His benevolence. Allow yourself to be consumed in his mighty aura and taste his blessing firsthand."

Their exchange had been cut short. There was little time left. While he was a religious man, the teaching of his faith had to wait for another day. Strutting down the university's pathways with Ed at his side, Nekomancer led the two to the Moonlight Tavern's entrance, placing both hands on the door and flinging it open. It was crowded. Filthy bodies amassed together, grinding and sliding on each other without any remorse. Yet, among these masses were gems in the rough. It was his duty to save the nekos that had been heinously trapped in this cage of defilement. Turning to Ed, he spoke up over the crowd, one of the tiny hairs on his chest poking up in anticipation. "Pop quiz, my disciple. If you were forced into the same vicinity of multiple nekos, what is the first thing you would do? Be careful. There is a right answer."

Interacting: Lo Mayn Lo Mayn

Hesphelda
Hesphelda post pic.png

"Hm, did you say something?" Hesphelda asked, not quite catching what Calum'ro was whispering to himself. The beastman was fast to change the subject and instead took the chance to show her the proper way to flag down a server. It was a lie for Hesphelda to say she knew the customs of the common folk when asking for things. Living as the princess of Alenia led to receiving whatever she wanted without any backtalk. The only time she had ever been denied or ignored was whenever the subject of leaving the castle's walls had been brought up during supper with her family. It was invaluable information that Calum'ro was providing her, his knowledge far surpassing hers when it came to customary exchanges between a bartender and an average citizen. However, even his warning of covering her ears wasn't enough to stifle her flinching when the piercing whistle sounded from his jaws.

"Eep," she squeaked, carefully lowering her hands once Calum'ro was finished. Is this really the standard way to ask for someone's assistance? she thought to herself, noting that the demonic attendant didn't appear all that thrilled by their actions. Then again, who was she to question the experience of one that walked alongside the people all their life? Settling back onto her stool, her eyes followed Aetil as he prepared their drinks, including the not so accidental spill that came quickly after. His apology was insincere, and yet Hesphelda found the whole ordeal somewhat amusing. At least they were having fun, which was something she thought she'd never see from non-humans. Preparing to take a handkerchief out from her bag, the royal paused when seeing Nikiri's shameful act unfold before her. "N-Nikiri, what are you doing?!"

The sight of Nikiri in such a state was heart-wrenching for Hesphelda, though she did not know why. Placing a hand around the neko's wrist, she lifted them off of Calum'ro, their drunken state causing them to melt into Hesphelda's arms like jelly. Reaching over for her glass of water, she placed it to Nikiri's mouth, holding it for her as not to spill it. "Here's some water. You need to be more mindful of the actions you take. Someone could get the wrong idea," she lectured them, knowing that it was likely going in one ear and out the other. She turned to her dog-like companion, worry on her features. "I'm so sorry about this, Calum'ro," she said, taking up the role of a mother apologizing for their child's actions. "Do you need a moment to clean up or do you think you'll be okay?"

Interacting: Arvios Arvios NyxNightmare NyxNightmare
Mentioned: Mistborn Mistborn

Eternal Darkness | Interacted: Tac Yssup ( TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity ) |
1597023367047.png
Fool? Ed stood upon his tiptoes, pulling his arms back, as he watched Tac with wide eyes and raised brows. The slim string cheese looking man seemed even taller though equally puny as though a large puppy with no sense of authority for itself. Tac’s words struck with greater force than his finger in knocking Ed off his axis. “Myself?” He mumbled. Years of pleasing others settled on Ed like a bottomless well filled to the brim in distressed water, the weight endless and unshakeable. Time and time again told to “prep the eggs” and “warm the oven” just murdered all of Ed’s energy for himself. His schedule, created by his parents, promoted continual slavery. Tac’s words were a spear to the heart, and a single tear fell from Ed’s eyes.

There was perhaps only one man Ed saw greater than Tac at that moment. The moonlight’s shine on the night could not compare to the admiration Ed had for Tac. “T-thank you, sir!” He said in response to Tac’s forgiveness for Ed’s ignorance of Kah’Nyan. “It shan’t happen a-again, sir!” Ed had never heard of Kah’Nyan before his conversation with Tac, but if such a nice helpful person recommended it, then Ed had no choice than to educate himself in the way he knew best. But before he could ask to borrow the book permanently, Tac had stripped. The next moment, the stench of sweat, unadulterated obsessive desire, and broccoli that hit Ed’s nostrils. This was the scent of power and self-respect, Ed thought as Tac threw the clothes to him. “I get to wear this,“ He sought to ask, but with a nod then exit from Tac, Ed hurried to fit the nearly foot smaller man’s clothes over his body. Ed got his arms through the slits and his head seemed to fit the hood well, but the robes stopped just about his thighs and stretched at the seams around his shoulders, pulling his on shirtsleeves. “It fits, Sir,” Ed said to Tac’s back as he followed, doing his best to keep up with the quick, undressed man.

Slowly, in Ed’s minds, the flung tavern doors represented a new life. One where Tim would not need to encourage him anymore. One where his parents would love him. One where he would not disappoint himself. Golden bright lights flooded Ed and Tac. The sound of party, joy, and cheer; romance, desire, and seduction; fun, adventure, and peace. This was the world they were to enter. Far from the woods of his childhood home and naggers, Ed felt a warmth in his stomach. It was a sign of the start of his journey. His eyes shot from one person to another as Nekomancer asked him a question, a quiz of sorts. What would I do? He asked himself. Weight attempted to mute his warmth, but the cheer was too loud to allow it.

Without thinking, he uttered, “block the exists, so we have as much time as possible to do what we want with them?” Ed felt cool saying that and looked to Tac for validation. With ease, his world could crumble.

W41q7eW.png

Evanu'nal Kour'es

Mentions: TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity (Nekomancer)

Interacting With: Silvis Silvis (Avis)

Evan smirked at Avis' drink proposal, and although he let out an assuring chuckle, he could not stop himself from performing the familiar gesture of covering the previous bite in his neck, his smile waning as he recalled the confusing experience. Instead of feeling the warm dampness from before, his unfurred palm pads graze over a crusty patch of then-orange coat, tangled now as a blotch of rust-dyed matted fur. This time, more conscious of the gesture, he simply rubs the area and scratches above it, attempting to not draw attention to the old wound.

Still, Avis' comment reminded the beastfolk that he still hadn't met up with either his buddy, or ventured into his dormitory. The majority of the afternoon was spent being thrown into what may have been the academy's first racial conflict, followed by several hours of rest in this very spot. While the day was undoubtedly eventful, he felt like he needed to catch up with all the time that was lost from his recent ventures in order to accomplish his current primary missions.

"Sounds like a plan– err, a date then. Just remember that you might not be the only one biting next time," the feline grinned with a fang or two poking out. He stands and takes a step as if to begin walking away, but then his tease is suddenly thrown in dissidence, realizing that they had no way of contacting each other apart from a chance encounter.

"I–I may have not mentioned this before, but if you ever need to reach me once something has come up, I'm in the Soldier's Branch. Or you're more than welcome to check if I'm in my dorm room, if you're brave enough," he winked as he felt his confidence swelling back to its usual self. Perhaps it was because it was now more official, he felt like he was riding on the proper track without shifting back and forth due to uncertainties. But now that the mixed signals were for the most part out of the equation, he'd be able to focus on playing the role of a conductor for the duration of this ride. He enjoyed the idea of being able to serve as a sort of vanguard for non-humans, but he was also starting to like the idea of possibly getting something else out of stoking the now kindled flames speeding the two onward... And if he pulled the right levers and pulleys, he might even be able to lead wherever this was going into something much more memorable.

"Anyway, I should also get going. I still need to find my buddy and all that," Evan continued while now walking away backwards, unaware of what direction he was traveling. With a pep in his step, a quick wave at his new companion, and a shouted distant goodbye, he departs outside of the Ethereal Gardens and deeper into the academy, hopeful for what the future had in store for this new pair.

――――————––––-––––————――――

As the looming night is close to swallowing the little orange sky that remained overhead, the feline beastfolk— after a number of detours and unsure turns —finally discovers a sign post with arrows and directions. While he certainly took the long way around to reach the closest recognizable route to the dormitories, his plan to be an impressionable early-to-bed, early-to-rise student was tainted as he slowly read down the directional posts.

"Moon...li-li-ght... Tav...e-ern," he enunciated slowly with his vision narrowed, as if focusing would help him read the signs faster. He stares at the sign for a moment, debating as to whether he should call it a night, or make short work of starting it.

Some minutes later, and he was at the entrance to the underground bar. With excited eyes that wandered between the dancing water sprites and glowing lanterns hanging from overhead branches, Evan takes all of the scenery in. He was too used to the craggy, beaten, underground non-human bars that rarely provided meaningful entertainment to boot, so this experience was something of a first. The one familiarity, however, was the... ever pleasant stench of alcohol, sweat, and other unmentionable odors redolent of excessive drinking. As was the usual experience, the aroma was enough to overwhelm Evan's sharpened sense of smell, nullifying it from picking up familiar odors.

One half of the circular bar was tightly walled by a thick crowd, so the beastfolk hastily decides to accommodate himself on a free stool on the opposite side. It was still warm, and there were emptied tankards; he must have arrived right on time in order to pick between three vacant chairs. Choosing to sit in the middle, he beckons Charles for a drink, unaware that Calum'ro was on the opposite half of the circular bar... And also that he had passed by his half-nekid buddy a second time within the same day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back