• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

(Will post for others later)

❖ Zinnia ft Asad ❖
Location: Infirmary | Interacting: Shina Mistborn Mistborn , Nekomancer TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity , Asad&Nikiri| Mentioning: N/A

Zinnia messily scribbled down notes as Shina spoke. Someone who didn't know her might have thought she wasn't writing anything legible down at all. But yes, despite her hideous penmanship, Zinnia read every word of her chicken scrap. Her sister, Rosalina, could only do so much. She had been studying to read and write for a few months now. She was nowhere near the common understanding humans were privileged to learn. However, she tried her best.

Catching her patient's discomfort, Zinnia set aside the clipboard to focus full-heartedly on Shina. "Sore? Oh, this is a disaster. Sore limbs can be a predecessor to many diseases. Fear not, for I, Zinnia Solaire, shall vanquish all pain!" As she sifted through her herbs, a fluttering owl barged in, making a snug home on Shina's shoulder. Zinnia overlooked the initial unwelcoming glare tossed her way by the bird, and instead widened her eyes in awe. "Oh, wow!! I've never met a horned owl in person!! Only in Rosalina's picture books. How cool. Are you friends? How did you guys meet?" Her flurry of words whizzed by just as quickly as the feathered creature had flown in. "Hmm...Arnica flowers are good for inflammation and joint pain. Just uhh...maybe eat these? Or was it to be applied on the skin? Let's apply it ex...extrenually...extrunally...externallu? Yeah, that's it. Just in case. I'll also make you some ginger and turmeric tea. It's a little spicy, but it detoxes the body."

As Zinnia began to work her magic, more patients flowed in to disrupt her. It's only the first day, and yet so many people need my help!! She didn't want to sound wicked for being so pleased, but she couldn't contain her excitement. For once, someone needed her. Zinnia wasn't just a small, helpless bear scrounging around for mundane work. She had a purpose here at Visian Academy. Being a nurse was her chance to become useful. While the human/nonhuman centipede might have shocked others, Zinnia unwaveringly blinked a few times, calculating the situation in momentary silence.

The ox demon offered zero explanation as he plopped the conjoined couple on a cot next to Shina. Ox demons were a rarity in Alenia. For centuries, humans hunted them for their majestic horns. Although there wasn't a massive market for them anymore in Alenia, the trend was still quite popular in the middle east today. Although the man never spoke, Zinnia could easily read the expression on his face as perturbed. His journey here must have proven difficult. Little did Zinnia know that "difficult" hardly described it.

"Well. This is a pickle. No, this is a whole pickle jar!" Her medical expertise was not suited for whatever dark magic this was. She could only imagine one solution at this critical moment to separate the two students. Zinnia shuffled to the storage room in haste. She kept all the good stuff in here away from prying eyes. The admiral had blessed her with...bondage. Tucked away in a black leather box was infinite strands of crimson silk. A patient's physical injuries ceased to exist if bound by the mystic silk within an hour of the misfortunate incident. Mental instabilities, as well as most internal ailments, were immune to its magic. Broken bones proved to be mendable, but an irrefutable soreness would linger for days after.

Even with the existence of this item, Zinnia used magic as an absolute last resort. She felt it would taint her pride and reputation. So, when the kuma walked into the storage room, it wasn't to first grab that silver box. No, it was to grab a chainsaw. A multitude of medical surgeries required the use of a chainsaw, mainly childbirth. Upon hearing one of the half bodies speak, it became clear that one was not a student, but a faculty member she had forgotten entirely but didn't wish to admit. She sheepishly called out, "OH, Tac, is that you? I couldn't see your face very well, ehe, sorry." Zinnia reemerged and began cranking the handle without hesitation. "Alright, guys, this might be a little messy, but we're going in!!! Brace yourselves! I can sew you back together afterward, no biggie."

Yup, this was the signal Asad had been waiting for. Tac's threats burrowed into his mind, but Zinnia's intentions told him to hustle on out of there. "Annnd, there's my cue to dip. I've done my civic duty for the month. Deuces!" With a salute, he sashayed the hell out of the infirmary.

Shina
Mentioned:
Asad
Interacting: Nikiri, Zinnia, Tac
NyxNightmare NyxNightmare TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

The harpies eyes widened at Zinnia’s words, wings flaring out for a moment before flattening again, doing her best not to whip the nurse in the face with her feathers as she moved about. “Diseases?! But I haven’t had to scavenge food for weeks, and I’ve been doing my wing exercises every day!” What she had meant by that was she flew around each day, for most of the day in fact, but that was exercise enough, right? She was soon distracted from her discomfort with Zinnia’s slew of questions, one hand wandering up to scritch the top of her feathered friends noggin. “Oh! This is my friend Bobo! He’s been flying with me for a few years now... I actually met him by, uhm, crashing into his nest by mistake.” The owl on her shoulder nodded along, striking a rather regal pose as he was introduced. A bout of nervous laughter escaped from her as she rubbed the side of her own head, remembering the sight like it had happened just yesterday.

~~~~

Shina kept herself relatively still as the nurse set to her work, chattering all the while about everything from the surrounding area she had flown through to how cute Bobo had been when he was little. The familiars noble stance soon faltered as it gave Shina a short scowl, a now seemingly common occurrence between the pair, before returning to a rather relaxed posture. The door across from them soon burst open however, and one of the most peculiar sights either harpy or owl had ever seen came strolling in.

She couldn’t help herself but gawk at the newly arrived person? Persons? Whatever it was that had been dragged into the infirmary and placed next to her. Half of... it looked human, and a rather rude one at that, while the other half belonged to some kind of cat-person. She had barely registered the horned man who had brought the creature inside, especially as he (wisely) separated himself from the situation. Shina, however, was far too invested at this point. “Wow... Do you need any help miss, uhm, Ms. Nurse? I can hold up that unconscious lady so she’s out of your way!” Whether it was necessary for her to help or not wasn’t important, Zinnia had been very kind to her and she wanted to give something back in return. There was no other reason of course, nothing like how she wanted to see her feathers with a splash of human crimson on them again, nope. Nothing of the sort.​

Last edited:
Cindra.jpg
Cindra
Interacting: Sarasota, Katarn, Scath, Jaycee, Saran, Shiori, Aster Twisted Tea Twisted Tea VomitIcicle VomitIcicle NyxNightmare NyxNightmare SnowJynx SnowJynx darkborn darkborn Dante Verren Dante Verren Mentioned: Evan Arvios Arvios

Cindra had hope that the fight would actually happen but this bunch of insubordinate little pricks ruined it. Now I have to sit with them in detention for hours. I'll remember this. She took time to give a baleful glare to Scath and Katarn in particular before announcing their punishment. "Very well. You lot have chosen detention for the whole group rather than getting a little exercise. Believe me, that was the worst choice you could have made." She waited a moment for it to sink in for them all and assumed a grimace of resignation. "Now we'll all be stuck sitting in a room with each other and nothing to do except wish you'd obeyed orders." It's too bad the cowardly lion guy ran off, he deserves this detention as much as these kids. The knight thought about waiting to see if any of them ran but a passing thought said she should go easier on them. After all if they ran she could simply notify their individual teachers to punish them with increased severity. "Follow me whelps. Here's your first lesson at Visian. Obey the faculty as you would a commanding officer. Even if we don't like you we are here to train you, so you'd do well to trust us."

Cindra frowned as she began leading the way towards the detention room. It wasn't like her to go easy on new recruits like this. Had she been training soldiers at camp she would have forced them to fight and disobedience would have resulted in a beating. She preferred to teach using actual combat to embed the fighting experience into their bones over this lecturing she had just done. I must be more rattled over getting sent away from the army than I thought. Upon entering the detention room Cindra wrote the rules for her detention on the board in broad strokes speaking them out loud for any illiterates as she went. "No talking. No moving around. No fidgeting. Lastly, no fighting." She ended with a derisive snort as if the very idea these kids would fight was ridiculous. With a resigned thump she fell into her seat and pulled out a dagger and whetstone to waste time with until evening.

Last edited:
Aiden Luna | Interacted: Aetil ( Mistborn Mistborn ) | Mentioned: Dren ( NyxNightmare NyxNightmare ) |

1593959448252.png
Aiden glared at Aetil after he chuckled. It was as though Aetil had relaxed in the face of his buddy, taking his cuff with good nature. Though, to perhaps some surprise, Aiden found it bewildering (as she was almost entirely ignorant of her own body language change). The cuff did not mean they were suddenly friends, and his passing remark about noblemen had several effects. While those noblemen were insufferable, Aiden took pride in being hard to stomach. Clearly, to her mind, this devil was underestimating the hellish quality that she knew she had. And as he passed, swinging his tail with a casualness, Aiden felt immensely disrespected. But Compliance was necessary. That was the convincing line Aiden had to remember to keep herself in check.

In the face of his joke about knocking her out, Aiden scoffed it away. Aetil must enjoy stoking her flames, poking at her as though he could take her. He’d be foolish to think so; better real men have tried and failed. Even though most males at least had respect for the females in their presence, but not him. Aiden imagined Aetil cared none for anyone. And if Aiden were to continue stooping to his level, she would be no better than him. As if there was ever a chance they could be compared. Not today. Not ever, she decided.

She ignored Dren and his many companions, caring little about anyone else. Her attention stayed on her devil, sizing him up, and taking him in. Once her bodily repulsion lessened to tolerable amounts (a.k.a she didn’t feel the need to barf every fifteen seconds), she realized that he was quite the figure, a creature eluding confidence and strength. Aiden rarely found any worth in anything a male could give except for being useful servants. With a few more of his statue, well, maybe she could create a moving wall to keep all the insignificant and gross away. Suddenly, she felt the urge to burst out into a maniacal laugh but kept herself to a devious grin.

When they escaped the building of the library, Aetil presented Aiden with some options: flower picking, drinking at the Tavern, or silence at the dorms. Aiden would very well rather burn down a meadow than frolic, and she had heard something about roomies earlier, which gave its own opportunities for stress. If she had any hopes to manage any more trouble, she’d need something a little more.

“Tavern. And walk with some haste, I’d rather be dead than sober for any longer.”

ETERNAL DARKNESS (Ed) | Interacted: Aimi ( LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine ) | Asad ( NyxNightmare NyxNightmare )
1593962041351.png

This day had not gone to plan. Right now, he should have been walking with a confident stride with three girls at his side, giving nods at all the losers and nerds that would tremble in his presence. He wouldn’t be like them. This was his time. At least, Tim had forced Ed to promise him that he would leave the academy a real man. Strong. Proud. And admired. But life had its own plans. And Ed would not be able to live down this day anytime soon.

Under normal circumstances, Ed’s heads would have swelled at Asad calling Ed Aimi’s boyfriend. Oh yes, he might have fallen into a bout of ecstasy just there. Instead, rather unfortunately for the quickly panicked boy, he had been overwhelmed by the situation. Nothing could register but the fear and reality of being judged. Though an expert, he played it off with a wave and cooly stating his name. Only panicked does Ed actually resembled an actual person, it is a bit of an ironic switch that Ed dismisses as cringey. And he already showed this side of himself to his buddy. He regretted this with all of his heart. His partner seemed a pleasant (though overwhelming) soul, and Ed wished they could have had a proper meeting. And he felt terrible about the misdirection. With the words that begun to shout in his mind, he truly believed he would never live this down.

With Aimi’s attention sent across the room, Ed shot back with a recklessness that rivaled angry bulls, freeing his hand in the process. It worked, he thought, rejoicing. Though his victory was short-lived, as his body tumbled back off-balance and gravity pulled Ed’s head to the ground. With a thud, the lights of the auditorium went out. Gone. He was gone. Unconscious in the worst manner, sprawled out awkwardly across the stairs, and in need of medical help. Oh yes, he would never quite live this day down.

AJYjRIU.png
WS2tDme.png

Avis "Feather" Malus ( Silvis Silvis ) & Evanu'nal Kour'es ( Arvios Arvios )
Location: Hallway: Between Auditorium/Main Entrance Ethereal Gardens​
Avis startled slightly when he said to get off him. She pulled back and studied him a moment while the lingering warmth of his body faded from her skin. He was certainly a strong looking beastfolk and a small part of her mind immediately considered roping him in to her plans. She was a little worried that he might be upset with her but then he asked what she had done leading her to conclude he was just nervous. She put on a sweet smile and spoke with a slightly teasing tone. "Yesss, I am a harpy, but I'm also a vampire. I just took a small drink." She paused for a moment feeling guilty before looking down and apologizing "I'm sorry."

Avis hadn't yet noticed any signs of the side effects that she knew were bound to arise but that was only because how distracted she was by the man before her and how she had attacked him. Her mood was already starting to show signs of being unnaturally juvenile and her tongue was starting to change shape slightly. Soon she wouldn't be able to speak without a lisp due to the cat tongue she was forming. For now she tried to ease the atmosphere with an obvious question. "I'm Avis, and what would your name be?"

It took the harpy’s wide-eyed reaction and apology for Evan to realize how unintentionally distraught his words were made out to be. Apart from the fact that he didn’t know how to react, his state of surprise had also led to a thoughtless mannerism, one that came off as more of a demand, and not a request. “You idiot!” he thought while shooting a frustrated glance at himself, all while she was distracted from her climb down. He had to make up to this blunder somehow…

“Oh, uh, my name is Evanu'nal, or as most prefer, Evan, for short. It’s a pleasure to meet you, Avis… And don’t worry about it,” he says with a toothy smile, “I’m sure that you had your reasons.” At this point, his frustrated mood from his previous interaction had almost faded away. Even considering the fact that she used him as a portable snack, Avis had a kind appeal, one towards which he could not get upset with.

He presses on the region of fur that had grown damp with blood, and faces his palm to see it had stained red. It wasn’t a large wound, per say, but he was starting to feel subtle side effects from blood loss. He also didn’t put much thought with this gesture as Avis was next to him, not thinking of how she might react to the injury she inflicted.

The harpy watched him and his expressions curiously. It looked like he was more concerned about upsetting her than he was with her attacking him. I definitely have to get him to join me, then I can protect him from the humans. Evan, as he revealed his name to be, only made her impression of him better when he said she must have her reasons. After all, not every young person could be that understanding.

Then her thoughts came to a quick stop when she realized he was still bleeding. It seemed that she had drank for too long and the blood wouldn't clot as easily as it did for a small sip. "Oh no, I'm thorry." She didn't quite realize that her tongue had changed yet and forged ahead while sounding quite silly. "I'm thuppothed to protect you, not hurt you." She then tried to lean closer to check on the blood but only managed to knock her forehead into him eliciting a small surprised giggle from herself. She wasn't sure why but the idea of just burrowing into his warmth seemed very appealing and so she continued to rest her forehead against him.

“She was supposed to protect me?” Evan mused to himself, unsure of what she meant. He noticed her sudden change in speech; it sounded somewhat playful, and questioned if she was doing it on purpose, though assumed that the harpy had possibly bit her tongue somehow.

“I-It’s nothing, really–” Evan tried to sound reassuring, though was unable to finish his dull claim. He feels something familiar press against his chest, and with a held breath, both of his ears spontaneously fold back in surprise, with widened eyes reflecting hazel astonishment. The felinis can feel his face become flushed once more as he realizes it was Avis leaning against him… It takes a few seconds to recall that she had giggled, though it was reminiscent of the type that would be found late at night in a tavern. Was she drunk on blood or something? Was that seriously a thing? Whatever the case, without a doubt, the search for his buddy would have to wait.

"Though on second thought, let’s head to the infirmary,” he exhales unsteadily as he was still holding his breath. Without awaiting her reply, the beastfolk embraces her with one arm over her shoulder, as if to try to get her to focus, but it was because his own steps were now acting against him. Evan attempted to conceal this by using the hampire for support, though this eventually would give Avis more control over the reins to take the lead. As the two make their way deeper into the hall― drawing further from the fiasco that was unraveling behind them, and unaware to them both ―it had become a classic case of the blind leading the blind.

Avis smiled happily as she nuzzled into the beastfolk beside her. A small part of her mind retained enough rational thought to realize she was clearly under the side effects of his blood. Unfortunately, at this moment she immediately found that funny. The harpy walked along with Evan in somewhat hopping steps, too distracted by finally noticing that she had developed a cat tongue to realize he had let her take the lead and she was definitely lost.

Soon she noticed they had found the gardens and abandoned playing with her tongue. She marveled at the artificial beauty of the gardens and took a couple of small steps in before spinning to face Evan. She pretended not to notice how she almost fell over and got ready to ask him to join her in walking through the gardens. It was at this moment she finally noticed again how unwell the poor boy looked. Filled with guilt strong enough to temporarily hold off the accursed giddiness she grabbed at his hand and asked in a hopeful if slightly pleading voice. "Can we sit please? I'm so tired." Without waiting for a real answer she started tugging him along to a bench where she could plop the both of them down.

Leaning her head on his shoulder the hampire wrapped her wings around him hoping to use her feathers as a blanket of sorts. That thought inevitably managed to make itself funny to her and forced a slight giggle out. With a tired sigh she focused on him again and was relieved to see him not resisting her attempts to get him to rest. Alas her body soon betrayed her by giving in to it's open exhaustion. Before even five minutes had passed the pair soon found themselves asleep with a wing tucked around their heads to keep out the light.

Nekomancer
Screenshot_2.png

"Stopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstopstop. STAHP!" Tac shrieked, the buzz of Zinnia's saw being the last straw. In a combination of complex maneuvering and unlocking various limbs, Nekomancer ended up on top of Nikiri, now straddling her, his arm still lodged well into her chest. Pointing a long, accusing finger with his free hand towards the kuma child, Tac sneered. "You must think me a neanderthal if you believe I'd ever let one of you sisters from the Troglodyte Trio anywhere near my darling catgirl! Keep your ursine nose out of our business, you sad excuse of a practitioner."

Now directed towards Nikiri, there was no doubt about it. She was the ideal, perfect neko. Was this love? This overwhelming feeling in his chest to violently thrash out and reap the life from her body must've been love. She was his sleeping princess, waiting to be awoken from the dreadful dream that everyone called "life". There were a few steps to be taken before he was able to save her. "As the great Nekonomicon stated, 'Sir Meowrence, when looking upon his beloved, knew that despite her benevolence, there was a path to every happy ending. One must not succumb to greed, but rather manipulate it into perseverance. Only then will you be rewarded by the great Kah'Nyan. Pawlms 12:3." A remarkable story that captured his current predicament perfectly. It was during these trying times where his faith was tested, and so, he planned to abstain from his primitive instincts to preserve the beauty of this unknown enchantress. Such was the resolve of the great Messiah.

Placing two fingers over his eyelids, a light purple glow encased his fingertips, before removing them and opening his eyes, a sigil now present in either one of his retinas. Through his perspective, a wide assortment of information flowed through his brain, the very components of the magic performed on the duo becoming crystal clear, much like a floor plan to a building. "This coding is atrocious," he commented, seeing the faults in the data with ease. "Whoever created this magic is either prone to mistakes or a complete moron." Clicking his tongue, his hand went to work. Adjusting the limiters, changing the flow, and altering the foundation of the spell itself, he was able to counterbalance the enchantment, his arm slowly removing itself from within Nikiri without any harm coming to her. Eventually, it was completely liberated from her torso, the two becoming individuals once more.

Slumped shoulders were the only way Tac was able to convey his feelings on the whole ordeal. It was over, at least. The light of his magic diminished into nothingness, without a trace of it to be seen. He still sat on top of the girl, careful not to apply too much weight on her delicate form. Then, leaning in, he allowed his thumbs to cradle the sides of her face. He dragged them along her temples, tangling his fingers in her violet hair. "What a lovely aroma," he whispered, his very being encompassed by her. Reaching into his sleeve, he slipped out a knife, serrated and extremely lethal. "Just one cut. That's all it'll take before we can complete your perfect form-" CLUNK.

Bashed in the back of his skull by a heavy, whirring machine, Tac fainted, his head burrowed into Nikiri's breasts. The last he saw was a few bandages in the corner of his periphery, and then, everything went black.

Interacting: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Mistborn Mistborn
Mentioned: Lo Mayn Lo Mayn

Dren
Interacting TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity Nessi Nessi
(Obviously I'm on a time crunch. Sorry it's not that great but I wanted to push something out)​

The slumbering kuma on Dren's lap proceeded to snooze, twitching slightly at his tender touch. Is she sleeping beauty? Nothing appears to wake her. Hyacinth's position impeded Dren's plans to woo Rosalina. Now that he knew she was a sleeping log with no hopes of a revival, he gently wiggled himself free and replaced his lap with a nearby pillow. Dren didn't get the chance to marvel at his stealthy skills before hearing the harsh words come from Rosalina's mouth. Him. She was describing him. A predator? Me? A hundred more invisible arrows struck his heart.

Ouch. At this point, an apology would be as useful as using a spoon for fishing with. It would have been best to leave the library entirely to allow Rosalina's current hatred for him to sizzle off. Unfortunately, the presence of an overzealous Raiju prevented him from doing so. Dren didn't know what came over him, but something about seeing Rosalina tackled didn't bode well. Although he wasn't able to protect her body from being molested, he could limit further damage. Breaking up the handhold with a swift slap on the Raiju's end, he would sternly gaze down at them. "Are you always this friendly with people you meet? Shouldn't you ask permission before touching a stranger?" The tone of his voice was slightly scathing, and his body hardened. "Apologize."

Rosalina
Rosalina post pic.png

As the words left her lips, the stress in Rosalina's shoulders loosened. There was a piece of her that suggested her allegations had gone too far, and that it was incorrect to lose one's cool in the presence of a student. Despite that, Rosalina felt justified. Dren needed a wake-up call. She had no idea what the typical exchange was like in his homelands, but as long as he dwelled within her library, boundaries had to be set. One of those boundaries was the realization of when one had gone too far. Hyacinth's amber head was one of those very examples.

She had readied herself to apologize for the sudden outburst when she felt a foreign hand overtake hers. Fear encased her heart, the librarian jerking her arm away and creating distance between her and the stranger. Followed by Dren's involvement, Rosalina's eyesight went blurry. She felt her chest tighten, and as she tried to speak, her voice was caught in her throat. She was having an episode. Unable to stop her mind from delving back into her past, her terror became the trigger. Soon enough, the calming atmosphere of the library had been replaced by the scenery of a wartorn village that was up in flames.

Staring back at her were her two sisters, Zinnia and Hyacinth. They were young, Zinnia no older than five at the time. Even with no sound, Rosalina's mouth had opened and closed repeatedly. Run, she had said to them, watching as her siblings scampered behind some debris, unable to completely leave their older sister as they watched from a distance. As Rosalina had turned to face what they were hiding from, a human's hand had gripped her arm, yanking her off her feet. Then, with a swift smack, she fell to the floor. Her eyes were unable to stop wandering, locking with Hyacinth's hazel gaze. They were crying. The feeling of being dragged in the muck by her long blue hair was embedded into the back of her scalp, as those she loved began to disappear.

In a deep inhale, she had returned to the present, cradling herself with her hands protecting the back of her head. She wanted to apologize to the Admiral at that moment. I'm sorry that I can't repay your kindness. This is too much for me. She brought herself up, standing on her feet as she carelessly waved her hand, a rift opening from the fabric of space within the archives. It created a vacuum as Dren, Winston, and Aki were whisked away inside of it, any resistance futile.

Everyone should disappear.

The three of them had been plopped in front of the library's entrance, its large doors showing no indication of opening any time soon. The sign, which had previously been a warning to Dren, had now shifted into a single word that read: CLOSED. For now, Rosalina's books were off-limits, along with her personal space.

The only one left in the room was Hyacinth. Even now, after all that commotion, they slept soundly. It was as if her hibernation had come early. Walking over to her youngest sister, Rosalina's feet pattered against the marble floor, stopping when she took a seat on the cushion beside them, careful not to wake her. Delicately, her finger swept a strand of hair away from Hyacinth's forehead, which then turned into her caressing the top of their head with a methodical scritch behind their bear ears. In her other hand, a new book had found its way into Rosalina's awaiting palm. In silence, the pages of her book turned for her as she began to read. "This is all I wanted," she said to nobody in particular, losing herself once more to her beloved stories.

Interacting: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Silvis Silvis Heterological Heterological Nessi Nessi

79b986fe76683a2e2d0e257c15a30833.jpg

Although the lights have faded from the Academy, there is not a heavily enforced curfew. The classrooms remain locked for the most part, yet recreational activities such as the garden come to life once the sun has set. Nocturnal plants illuminate the pathways leading deep into the forest. Some students have chosen to wander the grounds due to insomnia, others getting to know their dormmates better.

The night is still young, and a plethora of opportunities flourish throughout Visian Academy. At Moonlight Tavern, Saren's welcoming party is thirty minutes in, its hostess nowhere to be found on the dancefloor. Head bartender, Charles, is distributing free beer and half-price cocktails all night. The tavern's forefront offers the most chill of vibes, with divided booths offering intimacy and spacious tables for gathering friends. The star act of the evening is an ethereal dance by water sprites from the middle-east. Deeper underground, you'll find a vast arena initially designed as a bunker of sorts. However, Charles has remodeled the room to mimic a dancefloor. Something tells me this room will be used for more than just dancing...

Meanwhile, halfway across the campus lay seven unfortunate students locked in one of Visian Academy's detention cells. With nothing to the room but a small fountain for water, boredom plagues its victims. Each detention cell uses illusory magic, where a professor may alter the place to appear however they want. Grounded by sorcery as well, no student has been able to break out so far.

How will your night progress?

604313d3ab3dee7910ea37c1681fddca--female-characters-fantasy-characters.jpg

TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity Lo Mayn Lo Mayn Nessi Nessi Silvis Silvis SnowJynx SnowJynx Mistborn Mistborn Arvios Arvios darkborn darkborn Heterological Heterological VomitIcicle VomitIcicle Phantomelda Phantomelda AI10100 AI10100 LilMissSunshine LilMissSunshine Dante Verren Dante Verren AshenLily AshenLily
F o o l i s h n e s s F o o l i s h n e s s

Charles, the handy man
0e0dffd72d8964646795a020edde5456.jpg
Even with his extra hands, Charles found it to be a struggle to maintain track of everyone's orders. While some students knew Saren personally, many were taking advantage of the party to get to the free or discounted booze. Wiping a droplet of sweat from his forehead, Charles irritably slid two mugs of ale down to a couple of furries. Nonhumans always seem to hold their liquor better than humans. He silently hoped they would fall over drunk already. Sure, he would have to clean this place up all by himself later. But if it cut down on his current workload, then he didn't mind. A wooden "HIRING" sign hung on the wall behind the bar table. I beg of someone to help this abused soul of mine.

With the little free time he had between mixing drinks, Charles would observe the new students. There wasn't anything particularly unique about them. Not at first glance, anyway. The water sprites were his only saving grace this evening. Charles had hired them at his bar back within Alenia's capitol. They never failed to hypnotize customers with their elegant pirouette. Ah, he had left behind everything by coming here to Aid the Admiral. His fame would forever be tarnished among the human mass. All is well, Charles. You desired a change of scenery and purpose, did you not? Giving in to the strain, he took one of the mugs filled with wine and downed it himself. "That's it. No more drinks until I get more hands. I refuse to die like this."

Aetil
Mentioned: Aiden
Lo Mayn Lo Mayn
Interacting: Charles
NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

After only a short jaunt through the school proper the pair found themselves at the entrance of the Moonlight Tavern, the dim lighting and relaxed atmosphere greeting them as they walked in. It didn’t take Aetil long to settle down at the bar, leaning against it as he kept an eye on the door, leaving his back only to the bartender out of habit. The eye candy for the evening did a good job at distracting him, their motion and shape reminding him of some demoness’ he knew back home. They’d have razed this place to the ground already, at the very least killed everyone inside. A wishful sigh escaped from him as he thought back on them. He debated trying to slip a message out using a rudimentary ritual one in his scouting group had created, but the atmosphere was too hectic already and he couldn’t think of anyone to target that would be successful. All of his usual contacts weren’t on this plane to begin with, and who in the nine hells knew how they were reacting to his disappearance. Instead he let himself relax, enjoying his drinks and tapping his tail to the rhythm of the performers as the night progressed.

~~~~~

The hustle and bustle of the tavern soon grew to be more than he had expected, at the moment oblivious to the planned party that should have been taking place. The fiend polished off what was left of his ale, hardly feeling any different than when he and Aiden had entered hours before anyone else. Where did she go anyways? He hadn’t been keeping the closest eye on his buddy once they had entered, and wasn’t sure whether or not she had left already. Whatever, if she gets into trouble on her own that’s her business. He took another moment to look around the tavern again, taking in the entire scene before him. The stress on the bartenders face stood out like night and day, and after catching some of the mans words over the crowd Aetil figured he had nothing better to do with his nights. The place is nice enough, at least in terms of being forced to work somewhere on school grounds. If it went well enough he might even score a few points with some of the staff for ‘good behavior’. As Aetil slid his empty mug across the counter he spoke up, head nodding to the sign above the bar. “I’ll take you up on your offer, if you’re still looking for a few extra hands to hire.”

⋆ ORION CALLSWATER ⋆
[Interacting ✧ | AshenLily AshenLily as Kannah & TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity as Hesphelda] [Mentions ✧ | Nobody! I think. ]
[Location ✧ | Dorms! ] [Light ✧ | Middling!]

token_1-1-png.737471

Well, the princess was not lying when it came to cleaning up her room and setting items up, at least for part of their room. Orion occasionally glancing back towards the other bed in the room with idle curiosity as to who the Principal had decided to pair them with, his thumb running across his fingers after he finally finished putting the last few objects belongings of the princess somewhere or the other. The starchild not exactly there for the whole process though, agreeing to Hesphelda's request after he finished setting up his own room. Or rather starting. Taking about 10 minutes to take the few things that he had to be set up, a small, somewhat low quality painting of him and his grandfather being one of them, set atop their bedside, faced towards their side of the room that they had 'claimed'. Their own roommate seeming preoccupied for those ten minutes or so that they had stopped by, not really sure if they should be pushing their luck in hoping that they would be as lucky as they had been with the 'humans' that they had interacted with earlier.

As the hours went by, the dim glow across his star bespeckled form began to grow as day became night into more of an almost moderate glow, bright enough to be noticeable in the light of the dorms without being side by side but still requiring to be at the very least nearby. Nova having a similar reaction, at a point leaving Orion's shoulder to look out into the darkening sky as he sat by the window-seal. Though, back at the present, Orion clap his hands together now that everything was more or less where it should be."And... I think that's about that Hes. Phelda." The starchild not-so-quickly correcting himself, occasionally slipping into an even more casual tone than the princess had previously requested, attempting to keep himself a bit more aware of possible consequences after they leave this academy to little effect apparently before clearing his throat.

"Anyways. Ah... if you two want to continue talking we always have this." Simply waving around the invitation to the Moonlight Tavern as he makes his way back to the window-seal, plopping the shard back onto his shoulder before glancing back at the two nobles he had made himself familiar with in the academy. "We all were expected to explore the academy's 'hot spots' with our buddies after all... speaking of which, did you ever find out your own?" Orion still using the letter with every gesture they made, the strokes of light following his fingers, motioning towards Kannah at the mention of the buddy before turning more towards Hesphelda as he got to his question.

Cindra.jpg
Cindra
Interacting: Sarasota, Katarn, Scath, Jaycee, Saren, Aster, Shiori Twisted Tea Twisted Tea VomitIcicle VomitIcicle darkborn darkborn Dante Verren Dante Verren NyxNightmare NyxNightmare SnowJynx SnowJynx Mentioned: Dren, Rosalina TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity Location: Detention/Halls

Detention had takes several hours from the day leading on into the evening and when it came time to end Cindra was more than ready to go. Standing she took in the drab gray room she had used for detention and let out a small sigh of relief before assuming a more stern expression and bearing. "Finally time for you all to go. Hopefully this was boring enough to inspire you to just spar next time." As she crossed the room to open the door she stopped by the desk of the young man who first spoke against her earlier in the day. "It's too bad you aren't a soldier student. I'd like to see how you do after some training." The knight smiled down at Scath without caring for what he might interpret it as before continuing on to the door and pushing it open. As she crossed through the door and began heading down the hallway she started making changes to her mental plan of the first lesson. I need the first day to focus on following orders. Most of these blighters are used to nobody daring to tell them what to do or not being important enough to get orders.

Cindra was heading towards the bar as had become her norm when she stopped in the hallway. Damn thanks to those brats I missed my afternoon training today. Maybe I'll try finding Dren for a spar. She turned to head towards the library while stretching what muscles she could and hoped absentmindedly not to find the accursed werebear who resided in the library. Cindra had fought a few werebears in her time and was aware of the hostility most of them hid inside so if possible she avoided the unbearable triplets. If he isn't near the entrance then I can always go start a bar fight.

Aimi Minamoto
Interacting: Lo Mayn Lo Mayn (Ed)
Mentions: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare (Nikiri) TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity (Nekomancer)

Aimi Minamoto leaned casually against the bar counter, slowly sipping from a cocktail as she observed the goings-on of the tavern. Already a well-sized crowd had gathered, causing the air to become uncomfortably stuffy. Any other time Aimi would have been in the thick of it, mingling amongst her fascinating classmates, but she was feeling uncharacteristically worn out at the moment. Perhaps it was the onslaught of new experiences that had over excited her... The girl's mind wandered, back to the events of a few hours ago.

After she had been tricked into looking away (Aimi groaned at how gullible she could be sometimes) and had realized there was nothing noteworthy happening at the moment, her attention was quickly recaptured by the sound of a sickening thud. She whirled around to find her partner sprawled out unconscious across the steps, blood slowly seeping from a gash on his temple.

"
What in the hell?!" She had taken her eyes off of him for three seconds and Ed had somehow managed to sustain a life-threatening injury - ok, so that might have been an over-exaggeration on Aimi's part, but the frighteningly large pool of blood had begun to drip down the stairs and the boy had looked so fragile lying there... The Neko had managed to quell her growing panic and immediately lifted him into her arms, yelling for someone to give her directions to the school nurse before high-tailing it out of there.

Carrying Ed was no problem for the strong girl, but his longer limbs and taller stature made sprinting with him awkward. As limp as her partner was, every movement caused his limbs to jerk around wildly, slapping and hitting against corners and railings. Aimi, having finally reached her destination, carelessly barged into the unexpectedly busy office.
"Excuse me, this guy needs help!" Unfortunately for Ed, the Neko failed to take into account that his body was too long to fit through the doorway, and the poor boy's head was once again smacked brutally against the frame.

Aimi shifted from one leg to the other, staring blankly up at the canopy. She had left Ed in the care of the buzzsaw wielding nurse (she tried not to think about the creepy man latched onto a passed out girl, one of her kind) and promptly left.

Now, the Neko girl set her empty glass down on the bar and and stretched her arms over her head.
Come on, Aimi, cheer up! Stop brooding over here all by yourself and go talk to people!

Yes, Aimi dearly hoped her buddy would recover soon, but right now the most captivating crowd of individuals were chatting away all around her, and the soft lighting strung up along the branches gave everything a warm, cozy glow. Besides, the drink was warming up her body in such a pleasant way, it would be a waste not to take advantage and socialize. The Neko languidly swept her golden eyes over the throng. Now, who should be my first target?

Jaycee Cormac
Interactions/Mentions : Saren/Aster ( NyxNightmare NyxNightmare ) Shiori ( SnowJynx SnowJynx ) Scathrai ( darkborn darkborn ) Cindra ( Silvis Silvis ) Katarn ( VomitIcicle VomitIcicle ) Sarasota ( Twisted Tea Twisted Tea )

Seconds turned to minutes, minutes to hours, hours, to days, days to months, and so on. This eternal torture of quiet boredom was almost to much for the fidgety Jaycee. He had to keep his full focus on remaining silent and still, fighting his every urge to blast himself out of his chair and move around. His only solace in this situation was that the professor herself seemed to hate being here as much as he did. This did give him time to reflect on his actions, although every time he did he concluded that though his idea was lacking it was definitely in the right direction. Maybe next time he shouldn't use a thunderclap and instead interrupt like a normal person.

At a certain point Jaycee leaned back in his chair and tilted his head backwards to stare at the blank ceiling above. He ran through a quick list of the people he would have to apologize to. First and foremost he would have to apologize to Scath, he had just made friends with him and already he was dragging him into trouble. Some friend he was, he was definitely going to need to apologize to him right away. Then he would have to apologize to Saren and her two companions, but mostly for any pain Thunderclap caused them. In all honesty considering Saren got involved in the dispute she probably would have gotten in trouble without Jaycee getting involved. He would probably need to apologize to Katarn as well for the misunderstanding and the resulting detention. The last one, the blonde guy. Well he wasn't getting an apology.

When the time came to finally be free from the hell of detention Jaycee was the first one out of the room after Cindra. Happily he quickly stretched his muscles letting out the tension that had built up from forcing himself to remain still. Now with even more energy then he had prior to detention he was ready to give his apologies then head back to his dorm. The original plan of attending the party had long left his head. He hadn't spoken to Saren yet but his assumption was he was no longer welcome at her little get together. Quickly he spun on his heel to face the students coming out of the detention room after him fully ready to accept any dirty looks or less then pleasant words.

Coralhyn Reefmath
Interactions: Callum ( Arvios Arvios )

Today was quite the adventure. Her morning started with Coralhyn sitting among an array of bizarre creatures, some with weird hair colors, others with wings that resembled that of a sting ray but with soft things called feathers attached to them. Of course there were also a bunch of humans in the room. Some of which could not stop looking at her. Anytime a human stared at her she would give them a big friendly smile. Of course what she failed to realize what that some of those stairs were looks of disgust and that her own smile could be quite menacing when she should off her dagger like teeth. The highlight of the morning was when the principal did his speech. He was quite important looking and it was obvious to her that his words carried great weight. That means he must be the Admiral of this operation and his staff members were his captains. Coralhyn would make a special note to treat these authority figures with extra respect.

When the Principal's speech came to an end Coralyhn used her teeth to cleanly slice open the top of the packet and she retrieved the picture along with information contained inside. It was a big hairy looking creature man, a creature she believed was called a beastfolk. Pretty much ignoring the commotion around her she stood up to start looking for her buddy. Deciding to try her luck looking for him outside she exited the auditorium only to stop in her tracks. She paused and sniffed the air. Her sense of smell was not as good on land as it was in water but her shark blood would not deceive her. The feint smell of something delicious hung in the air as if the smell had clung to a person who had gone through that area previously. Her one track mind focused in on the smell as she followed it back to the source, the cafeteria. There she would spend time stuffing her face full of the various meat dishes before getting bored and leaving the cafeteria. It was only then that she realized she was lost and she would spend the rest of her time trying to find where her buddy or the dorms were.

She found the dorms before her buddy and popped her head inside what would be her new room. It was a little plain and had less water in it then she would like, but she couldn't really expect much more from the landlovers. She would have to fix the shortage of water in the room on her own at a later date. While snooping around her new room she found two things, a pouch of the adorable little currency the Ponpon, and an invitation to some party. A party with the landlovers? Hells yes she would go. Taking the pouch of coins and the invitation she exited her rooms and a moment later the dorms themselves. It only took a few steps before she found the target of her earlier hunt, the one her nose so rudely interrupted with the delicious aroma of food. "Oi Deck hand Calum'ro Delens Cristus! Halt right there you scalawag!" she declared with her big smile flashing the first two rows of her teeth.

NoPrFUT.png

Calum'ro D. Cristus

Mentions: No one

Interacting With: Dante Verren Dante Verren (Coralhyn)

Inside of the dormitory building, in a dimly lit room, there lied on one of two beds a shadow of a creature, motionless and facing up with arms stretched behind his head. The Beastfolk in the shape of a jackal stared at the ceiling, almost as if the piercing yellow eyes would discover a means of divination as they studied the subtle patterns of dry plaster. This wasn't entirely wrong; as an invitation lay over the exposed tuft of fur on his chest, Calum'ro was in deep thought about what to do in the near future.

Simply put, he was in a bad mood, as the disposition of the whole academy irritated him. Throughout the span of the day within the confines of his room, he had watched from the window as foolish non-humans would speak with humans like if they were equals. It was a ridiculous concept how, right this second, somewhere outside of Visian, a nonhuman was guaranteed to being harassed, assaulted, or even murdered just for being born different. Seeing them interact with each other as if they were blind to these circumstances was baffling. He knew that not all humans were like this, but why risk enabling this behavior by providing them a foothold on their backs as a floor mat?

For now, the curtains would have to play the role of an impregnable wall that would set a boundary between himself and the outside. Yet, it was this solitude that placed tracks, inevitably leading his train of thought back on a similar subject. For instance, how even before he arrived into Visian, he had come to terms that he would be a late arrival, completely missing out on the Principal's introductory speech. He didn't care much for missing out on it; the event would have been a drag, moreover a desperate display of unity, having humans and non-humans side by side as if to invite a new norm. He wasn't going to put up with that, even if he had arrived on time.

As such, the few belongings that he possessed— his combat equipment, change of clothes, and the like —were already put away in his chosen half of the room. He had thoroughly checked the student handbook in his custody, reviewing the rules and buddy system, and had counted the new currency in a parcel waiting for him... Though the one thing that baffled him was an inclusion of an odd invitation. This is where his internal conflict had resided for the last hour.

The unceasing and antagonizing thoughts were causing a buildup of pent up frustration. He was never normally like this... Quite the opposite, he was able to keep his feelings about the "supreme race" in check. Finally, Calum'ro assented, that he needed a drink to drown this bothersome thought, and that there was no better solvent than cheap ale to do it.

As he plopped himself up and made his way out (with a few pocketed ponpons), he came up with the strategy to keep his sight on the floor of his path, avoiding contact with anyone until he reaches the bar, and sitting as far away from the festivities as possible. Perhaps with any luck, he would find the reason that he decided to come to this absurdity of a place: that being Evanu'nal, who was somewhere in this mess of an establishment. That cat was a big drinker, and would stalk the bars for conversation like a predator does to prey. It was a curious sight to behold, and as a rush of nostalgia overcame him, a small crack of a smile forms on his muzzle, thinking about how the feline would react upon seeing him here.

He had only felt the warm pavement of the outside for less than a few seconds worth of a stroll when a wave of surprise forces his fur to stand on edge, with widened eyes and completely erect ears.

"Oi Deck hand Calum'ro Delens Cristus! Halt right there you scalawag!" she declared with her big smile flashing the first two rows of her teeth.
Coralhyn

Calum'ro, with an exasperated gesture, slowly turns to face the source of the loudmouth that beckoned him. His features ease a bit once he sees it was at the very least the non-human assigned to be his buddy for the remainder of his stay here. But the fact that she seemed so full of energy... He shuddered internally. As much as he wanted to avoid her, he figured that he didn't have to be a complete prick about their first encounter. He knew it wasn't right to judge books by their covers... Or at least with non-humans.

"Coralhyn?" he asks innocuously, trying to avoid looking bothered. "I was just about to head to the Moonlight Tavern. You in?" He turns back and continues walking down the path, as if expecting for her to follow. He honestly didn't care what she chose to do. "By the way, keep it short at Calum'ro," he added, though inexcusably in a peeved tone.

• elemental professor.png
    Chill
    Interacting: Comfort Mentioned: Saren, Evan, Sarasota, Nekomancer, Asad, Nikiri NyxNightmare NyxNightmare Arvios Arvios Twisted Tea Twisted Tea TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity Location: Auditorium/Bar

Chill gave a slight nod as he turned to look away from his sculpture. It is beautiful indeed. I wonder how Professor Nekomancer likes it? To his complete shock the world had gone much darker and he was alone in the auditorium. It was almost as if time had abandoned him into isolation. In his moment of peril a touch of comfort was found when a small mold tendril reached out of his robe to stroke his frozen cheek. With hesitant hands the elemental pulled his familiar from within his robes. "Where has the world gone Comfort? Why am I alone?" Then, as it had so many times before, the mold spent several minutes explaining to its silly master that he had simply lost track of time. 'Oh, good! The wonderful world is still there waiting for me!" One flaw that Comfort had come to notice in their master was that he combined an elemental's timelessness with the foolishness of a child often resulting in these bizarre moments of terror.

Chill sat and pet the cuddly little ball od mold foe a few minutes to thank it for helping him yet again. "Can you tell me about what I missed? I'd hate to be the only professor who the students can't trust to know what is going on." Quite a bit of time passed as a voice almost to quiet to be made out stirred the air of the auditorium. Comfort told him of a feisty young woman planning a party and following her emotions however volatile, spoke at length about some young men engaging in battle and drawing more into the conflict before Professor Cindra valiantly took up the role of villain to allow them a chance at friendship, whispered about a budding romance between two non-humans seeking comfort in one another, and finished with a vivid recounting of the Principal allowing a young demon to show his trustworthiness by rescuing Professor Nekomancer and his student. It would be clear to any who may have heard this that the mold shared its master's overly optimistic and distorted view of the world. With a little thought they would even realize that the mold had been spying on those in or near the auditorium which, as past experiences had proven, was generally disapproved of. "Oh dear, I had no idea that so many magnificent things were going on while I was distracted. I must work harder to make the Principal proud of me and show I can be as good a professor as they are." Then with all the hurry his icy form could manage he made his way to the bar that the party was to be at, for where besides that could he find an opportunity to impress the students tonight?

When he swept through the doors of the tavern a cool breeze flew in with him allowing a slight chill to fill the air for a moment. Looking around he saw that even with all the time he had wasted the night was still young and the hostess had yet to start the festivities wherever she might be. A thought that his presence might cool of the drinker's fervor made him move to a seat at the outskirts of the room but from there he stared in awe at all the people and their marvelous interactions. I could just watch them for ages without losing interest.

Aki/Lia

---
Aki jumped when she felt someone smack her behind. She whipped around to see who had dared to touch her, and found the man with the eyepatch scowling at her. Aki smirked, "if you wanted to touch it so badly, you could have asked." She said slyly. Before she could follow up, Aki was teleported out of the library, falling right on her bum. Her eyes darted everywhere as she took in her surroundings. It seemed like the librarian had given her the boot, which was understandable.

She looked at the man who had spanked her, and gave him a smug look, "seems like you were kicked out too." She said before practically skipping away. She still had no idea where she was going, and felt that she was farther away from her master. Aki kept looking around the campus, searching every nook and cranny she could. But when the sun started to dip, so did Aki's hopes on finding her master.

Aki was crushed. The sun had set, and Lia was nowhere to be found. Aki was now at a bar that seemed to be selling free beer, and Aki never turned down free alcohol. She entered the bar, and then looked at the bartender. "Oh my, he certainly has a lot of hands...I wonder what they can do?" Aki muttered to herself as she took a seat.
"Well it took you long enough to get here, I thought you were never gonna show up to this bar" Said a familiar voice. Aki whipped around, and saw her master, Lia Daejun. Aki was so happy, she felt like she could explode.

Aki rushed to Lia, and threw her arms around her, saying Lia's name repeatedly through sobs of joy. Any other time, Lia would have thrown the Raiju off of her, and scold her, but she made an acceptance , seeing as they had been separated for most of the day. "I hope that you didn't get into any trouble while we were separated from each other." Lia asked. Aki smirked, "of course I didn't, I was on my best behavior." She told Lia, who seemed very please when she said that.

I got your portfolio for you while you were asleep. Make sure you go over the rules and study the campus map thoroughly.“ Lia told Aki, who was listening to every word her master said. “Also, they do not use the standard currency that the rest of the county uses. They use a coin called a ponpon. So in terms of money, we have none at the moment.“ Lia told Aki, who sighed heavily when she heard that. “I guess we’ll be getting jobs... maybe later on we could set up a shop for the company?“ Aki proposed. Lia nodded, “For now, let’s just enjoy a few beers. Only two Aki, I know how you get when your intoxicated.

1594443286213.png
Interactions: Silvis Silvis (Cindra), Dante Verren Dante Verren (Jaycee) || Mentions: Twisted Tea Twisted Tea (Sarasota), VomitIcicle VomitIcicle (Katarn), NyxNightmare NyxNightmare (Saren and Aster), SnowJynx SnowJynx (Shiori)​

Time ticked on and on. For several hours, Scath stood still. While he wasn't having issues as clearly as poor Jay- he was practically begging to be moving around- Scath was still bored, nevertheless. And, to compound things further, Evelynn was gone. Which, looking back in hindsight, was probably a good idea. Evelynn would probably have caused even more trouble- she was not the type to sit still for even a minute. So Scath sat there, simply just using his imagination as he saw fit.

When the time was up, her voice rang out. "Finally, time for you all to go. Hopefully this was boring enough to inspire you to just spar next time." At that, Scath suppressed a snort. Maybe, if it weren't obvious that she was trying to use them for mere entertainment. ..Wait, did he make a sound? The faculty member stopped in front of his desk. He turned his eyes up to meet her gaze, in what Scath hoped what was determination. And he also hoped she didn't notice his chin trembling in fear. But then...

"It's too bad you aren't a soldier, student. I'd like to see how you do after some training." And then she smiled. Scath couldn't tell the true intention of both the comment and the smile, so he just blinked. It probably was in vindictiveness, if he had to judge her behavior by the first meeting; but it wouldn't do to get in any more trouble than he already was. When she unlocked the door, who was the first student out? Scath could have bet twenty golden coins that it was Jaycee. ...And he was right. Scath rolled his eyes in mock anger, and got up, and made his way to the door himself.

And Jaycee was waiting there, anxiously. Before Scath crossed the threshold of the door, he idly wondered why. ...Then it hit him. Jaycee probably blamed himself. At that, Scath sighed to himself in annoyance, and strode up to Jaycee. Before the other man even had time to blurt out what would undoubtedly be an apology, Scath held up a single finger, and said, "Well, then. Don't say anything. You don't need to." After a moment's silence, Scath broke into a shy smile, and said, "This has been a hell of a first day." He chuckled bashfully after that, and turned around to join Jay in facing the other students. When he was sure that Cindra was out of earshot, he leaned in a bit and said quietly to Jay, "Don't blame yourself too harshly. I did go and blow up on a teacher, a-after all. ...And, to be honest, she was a psychopath."

Well, then. Isn't it time for Saren's little party at her tavern to start? ..At least, Scath hoped that it would be little? He really didn't want to get stuck in the middle of a large crowd... buut... Jaycee probably needed that. Well, then. Scath would be polite and wait for Saren and her friends to get out of the classroom, before asking them- hopefully without squeaking! Please no voice cracking! if they would like to accompany them to the tavern. Saren probably knew the way anyways. As for the other two? ...To be honest, Scath could care less about those two. One had punched Jay, called out Scath in crude language, and was very much shady. The other? Scath didn't know, aside from the fact that he was paired up with the other one. That was bad enough for Scath. ...For now, at least. Suddenly, Scath felt oh so tired of it all.

And then the pitter patter of feet rang out. Here comes Evelynn! After leaping up onto Scath's shoulder, she chittered angrily in his ear. Scath could guess why. "C-come on, Evelynn! That woman was practically a sadist! How could I not try to prevent some sort of oncoming doom?" At that, Evelynn quieted down, though she sniggered a bit at Scath's last bit of exaggeration. Then, she reached behind her into a pouch around the back of her scruff, and pulled out...? Scath couldn't believe it. A Scone. Scath broke out in a joyous smiled, took the scone, and ate it in promptly.. two bites? It was only afterwards that he realized Jay might want one as well. He glanced sheepishly at Jaycee, before looking back at Evelynn. The clockwork fox just made a sigh, before pulling out another one. Scath grinned, before receiving the next one from Evelynn. He, in turn, offered it to Jaycee.

"Don't ask. Evelynn has her ways." Scath said in a slightly confidential tone. Meanwhile, his free hand was busy stroking Evelynn's head, much to her delight.

Kannah Syllis

Interacting: F o o l i s h n e s s F o o l i s h n e s s , TheImmortalDeity TheImmortalDeity

The idea of referring to The Princess by her first name was one Kannah found at least mildly terrifying. She could just imagine the sheer horror on her parents' faces at the idea, and had to fight the urge to laugh. Nevertheless, she did agree, although there would surely be the occasional slip or two as she fought to suppress the etiquette she'd learned and practiced for so many years.

Odd though the request was, to help sort her personal belongings, it wasn't one Kannah would decline. She'd been raised better than that. The royalty served to guide the kingdom to prosperity, and the entire concept of nobility was built around the idea that they served to manage key parts of the kingdom's infrastructure. Then, of course, the lower and middle classes served to fulfill the more menial, day-to-day work of the kingdom. As a noble, Kannah's entire purpose for being was to serve her royalty, so as odd as the request was (even in a place where neither titles nor status "mattered"), she didn't even think twice before nodding her acceptance.

Kannah wasn't sure exactly what she'd been expecting upon seeing Hesphelda's room, but the Princess hadn't been overstating. 'Somewhat abundant' was certainly one way to put it. She herself had only brought a small bag with a few outfits from her home. Hesphelda's room here already contained almost as much clothing and personal belongings as Kannah owned altogether. The trio worked through the day, organizing things as the Princess saw fit, until at least it appeared everything was in order.

"Yeah, a party sounds great! We're going to be here awhile, may as well get to know everyone. Let's go! Whaddya say, Princess-- er, Hesphelda?"

Hesphelda
Hesphelda post pic.png

When they had first opened the door to her room, the princess' little entourage was met by a tower of belongings. Packed tightly like a can of sardines, things such as clothing, perfume, and a variety of other trinkets and baubles balanced perfectly on top of one another, as if being suspended by magic. Hesphelda was unfazed, strutting inside and tapping her finger against her chin in thought. "This is less than I had in mind," she said, her eyes sweeping to the other half of the unoccupied room. If she remembered correctly, the Admiral had mentioned that she was rooming with someone else. That left considerably little space for what she had imagined her perfect dorm room to look like. Despite that, the princess took pride in her ability to decorate. The many years spent alone in her luxurious homestead led to her honing a specific style of feng shui that only she knew how to replicate for herself.

The task, while not easy, was made simpler with the help of Kannah and Orion. Any direction she gave them was performed wonderfully. If not for them, it might've taken much longer than a single day to get everything in its place. By the time they finished, lavish furniture had been set along the walls, which included her bed, wardrobe, bookshelf, and a desk. There had been so many clothes that the drawers to her wardrobe were filled to the brim and some dresses were still laying on her bed. She had even been forced to take away some panties that Orion absent-mindedly picked up during their unpacking, her ears still red from the experience. Even so, they did well. She felt the need to reward them for their hard work, but before she could do so, Hesphelda noticed three letters that Kannah had nicely set aside for her. Slowly, she opened them.

The first contained additional Ponpons that the Admiral had been kind enough to supply to her. She set aside ten for her two new friends to split, unsure what the proper value of their services was in this new form of currency. The next letter had the royal stamp sealing it shut, the insignia of her homeland reminding Hesphelda of her family. She broke it and began to read its contents.

Dearest Hesphelda,

I write this letter to notify you of my upcoming arrival at Visian Academy tomorrow. I trust that you made it there safely. I do not understand your insistence of having Father allow you to attend such an establishment; however, as your brother, I cannot condone such thoughtless action. You are of royal blood; a target. If anything should happen to you during your stay, it will become a national issue. I beseech you to return to the palace at once. As I have my concerns over your protection, I shall be escorting you personally. We will meet at the entrance of Visian.

Your Brother,
Siegfried

A perplexed frown overtook the corners of her mouth. It was typical of her brother to impede on her personal life, but what concerned her was his urgency. What had happened to the boy that used to play pretend sword fights with her as children? Now the only thing in his mind was war and honor. With her legs crossed, she stared at the floor, slowly crumpling the parchment as her mind dove into deep speculation. It was Orion's words that brought her back, asking her if she was aware of the buddy she was assigned to. "Ah, yes. Let me quickly check." Hesphelda put down the crinkled letter from her brother and replaced it with the one administered by the academy.

"Let's see here . . . it says I am partnered with a woman by the name of Nikiri Elms." The neko with the purple hair portrayed in the photograph left Hesphelda with a hint of nostalgia. Had she met this girl somewhere? Whether or not she knew them, their smile left a warm tingle in her chest. They must be a sweet soul. Closing the envelope, she then listened to their small banter. It has been quite some time since I last attended a party, she thought, unable to help being swept up by the two's merrymaking. "That does sound like a fine idea, indeed."

~~~

Upon arriving at the Moonlight Tavern, Hesphelda was in awe of the wondrous scenery it possessed. From the dulcet lighting to the ginormous tree that encompassed the entirety of the bar with its natural beauty, the royal felt she was finally able to experience an elegance that simply wasn't available in the confines of the kingdom. As she looked back at Kannah and Orion, there was no mistaking the excitement she bore. "I wish to take this time to do some exploring of my own. Thank you both again for your generosity. May we be able to meet again soon." With a tender wave, she disappeared into the mass of partygoers, hoping to discover something truly breathtaking.

Interacting: AshenLily AshenLily F o o l i s h n e s s F o o l i s h n e s s
Mentioned: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

Aiden Luna | Mentioned: Aetil ( Mistborn Mistborn )
1594605025966.png

The hours vanished once Aiden and Aetil entered the Tavern. Anything that could and would burn her throat, Aiden drunk and drunk. Until the room became woozy, and there was a happy little voice inside telling her to kick every male in his privates. Though even drunk, Aiden had the mind to first lead them to somewhere private, give them a brief kiss, before releasing her double kick straight into their junk. Aiden made off like this on three guys. Soon enough, she found that to be too boring. After throwing herself across two tables and screaming, she skated towards the tavern’s exit. Aiden stopped one foot out the door and glanced through the crowd. Her eyes would find a seemingly preoccupied Aetil, and seeing how he did not acknowledge her gaze, she stumbled completely into the night.

It could have been minutes or hours later, Aiden could not tell when she found herself scaling something or another to lay in a bed of flowers. They gave her a bed that held her like soft arms. The night breeze cooled her off, and the stars had a particular twinkle. Suddenly, her world faded, and when she awoke, she sat perched at the edge of the garden. In her hands, there was a paper with a quill. Unsteady, she drew a few words in an untidy scribble while mumbling to herself.

I don’t need them anyway,” sniff, “They could’ve fought back if they wanted, but no. They decided-” sniff, “To just-” sniff, ”Die.
The letter had no address, and though there was a person in mind, they could never receive it. “Lily…”

Fresh tears fell and soaked into her letter while snot dribbled at the top of her lips. The baron’s daughter didn’t feel elegant or powerful at that moment. “Ew…” She groaned, wiping her face. Sniff, “It’s not that bad,” she said, “At least no one can see me here.” Her mind skimmed over her buddy, the only living thing who had actually seen her on this day. Though it didn’t take long for her to push him out of her mind as she bent over and retched. The garden’s caretakers are going to be in for a surprise. Aiden, meanwhile, got to her feet. Gravity brought her backward then forward before she settled, standing upright. Just then, the echo of footsteps reached her ear, and Aiden dashed away.

Whatever or whoever the steps belonged to, Aiden did not care. She could not allow anyone to see her like this, it would have to be over her dead body. And she had no plans to die yet. Instead, vaguely remembering where the dorms were, Aiden made her way towards them. If No one were to stop her, she would scale the stairs in large steps, sprint down the hall, and escape into her dorm. The place seemed quiet, meaning her roomie was probably not in. And so, Aiden picked a room and leapt into bed. The room shook back and forth like a vessel on stormy seas. Aiden held on for dear life, weeping, as she slowly drifted off to sleep. The crumpled letter in her hand, if one could decipher her drunk handwriting, read:

You could’ve flown out of there. You could’ve left them all to perish. Why did you stay? Why did you leave me?

Last edited:
Coralhyn Reefmath
interactions: Calum ( Arvios Arvios )

Coralhyn was quite perceptive at picking up on the atmosphere and general moods of creatures that lived under the water, but this did not apply to her interactions with people who lived on the land. With a bit of hop in her step she very quickly caught up to Calum'ro slowing down a bit to match his pace. "Aye! I shall accompany you to the tavern. I am very curious to see what kind of drinks they have. The food I found earlier was quite the square meal." she chirped along happily. Coralhyn was not one to hide her emotions, Even if she wanted to the excited twitch of the fins on the side of her head would give her emotions away, at least it would have back home.

As the two of them walked a thought popped into her head "This academy is gargantuan. I'm surprised you know the way to the tavern. Maybe you should be Navigator Calum'ro instead of deckhand Calum'ro. Yes that is much more fitting." She nodded to herself triumphantly while she talked. "Have you had a chance too look around yet? What did you think of the ceremony? The principal was very inspiring, Don't you agree?"

Hampire.jpg
Avis
Interacting: Evan Arvios Arvios Mentioned: Shina Mistborn Mistborn Location: Garden

The harpy woke from her dreams with a sad heart just as she had for many years now, for only in her dreams could she be with her daughter and grandchildren. This time was different though, and she realized it immediately thanks to the big furry hunk that was leaning on her, this time she wasn't alone when she woke up. It took her several seconds of thought before she remembered what happened earlier in the day and her face immediately began going red. Avis how in the world could you do that?! Look at this young man, he did not need some blood crazed hagpire having her way with him! She showed herself no mercy as she mentally lectured herself much as she used to lecture her daughter or the other young harpies in her tribe. You aren't even young enough to be flirting with him either. This poor boy is undoubtedly going to be scarred by this experience. Despite her mental tirade she had managed to remain still and start to calm her embarrassment, or perhaps it was because of the self distraction that she could do so. With her calm regained Avis shifted back into a more fitting mood for a leader of a multi species rebellion and looked at Evan thoghtfully. He seems too kind to immediately agree to join me in disrupting this school. I better start with asking him to help me form a support group where we protect weaker non humans. Even if I want this place to fail I won't let the humans make more victims like my poor granddaughters. I hope they came here.

As her mental state shifted from leader of a rebellion and back into mourning grandmother. Avis began reminiscing about when she used to take her granddaughters flying to teach them about wind magic. Caught up as she was in her memories she didn't realize she had started to pet the cat man's head or try to move him to laying on her lap. Unfortunately this was likely to wake him up and expose him to the cool evening air. Even if it didn't she would likely stay here petting the very healthy beastfolk until something shook her from her revelry.​

Last edited:
Thanks again for this perfect art Nyx!
Neko Boy.jpg
Quintus "Kitty"
Interacting: Nobody Mentioned: Cindra, Zinnia NyxNightmare NyxNightmare

The past two days had been without a doubt the worst in his life. The poor battered neko even suspected that they were worse than most people ever encountered in their lives. He'd had freedom dangled in his face and then it was ripped away with a brutal burning pain. It began when the military had men show up at his master's door demanding to inspect his residence for anyone who was illegally being kept as a slave and they actually seemed to do an inspection. With his hope building Quintus watched with excited eyes all the way up to when the commanding officer started chatting with the baron about how best to deal with this. Soon it was decided that The neko would be sent to Visian until it was safe for the baron to retrieve his property and the baron would pay them a sizeable remuneration for assisting him in getting there. With all the passion he could muster Quintus strode forward and very calmly and softly spoke to them. "Aren't I supposed to be free now? Why aren't you letting me leave?" Before he could even wish that he could better show how betrayed he felt the commanding officer kicked him in the chest and sent him crashing to the ground.

The series of beatings that followed soon sent him into a blessed state of unconsciousness but even that was stolen from him when he was shaken awake by the baron. "Oh, Kitty. How could I ever let you leave me? You belong to me now just as you always have. You may be going to Visian but even there we have an officer on staff called Cindra who will send you back to me if you run. Now, and always, you are my little Kitty. I have to take your collar for now but don't worry I will give you an even better gift." These rather poor villainous lines were accompanied with the baron taking his collar from him and grabbing something from beyond the broken neko's sight. When the red hot slave brand began burning into his flesh the neko howled in pain and once again passed out.

That brings us back to where he is now. He had just been shoved out of a carriage with a bag that he didn't recognize. He dragged his battered body forward despite the pain of the brand and the many bruises he was covered with. He found a bench as quickly as he could and tried to take stock of himself and his belongings. I'm covered in blood but at least my clothes aren't ruined. They gave me a handbook of some sort which says I'm a soldier, a map that tells me about the school, and blessed be the Founders he let me keep my lute. Part of him wanted to go to the tavern for a drink and a different part said to go find whoever they had here that could treat his wounds, perhaps a nurse, but alas he was broke and had trust issues so he instead did what he always did when he could, he played. Soon he was playing an impromptu melody that carried with it the sound of broken hearts and crushed dreams. He didn't even realize that he had sent the full weight of his despair into his music as he let it soothe him. The blue haired neko soon found the barest hint of a smile creeping onto the edges of his lips and his eyes half closed as he swayed to his own music.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back