• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Virus VRV - Zombie Interest Check

Tasteless

Boink Bean

A dangerous pathogen known as Vrykolas-Romero Virus, surfaced and began infecting humans through out Eastern Washington approximately 7 weeks prior to me writing this note... I hope someone finds it useful... The VRV is unlike any virus humankind has ever seen before... It will kill it's host quickly and within moments reanimates the corpse as a Walking Dead creature that is compelled to feast upon human flesh. These abominations are known as 'zombies'. Since appearance of the VRV worldwide chaos has ensued. The power grid is down, supplies are finite and zombies are roaming the landscape. Government experts are determined to find a cure for the VRV, yet until they do, you must try to survive on your own under desperate circumstances.

I'll tell you a few things I know;

At this point it has been approximately 47 days since VRV was first discovered. At this point, VRV is known to have spread throughout the world. the "carrier nature" is responsible for dramatically increasing the spread of the VRV. Carriers are people have been infected with a VRV but have not developed the zombie traits. carriers can spread VRV throughout the transfer of bodily fluids, yet to make matters worse, carriers are often unaware of their condition. This resulted in carriers unwittingly spreading VRV.

VRV is transmitted by infected blood and any other bodily fluid. Most frequently through bites of a zombie - If a zombie bites you and breaks the skin you have approximately 90 seconds to diagnose yourself. If you begin to sweat profusely, feel nauseous, and shake uncontrollably, you have been infected and will soon become one of The Walking Dead. If you are bitten and do not go through these stages are most likely a carrier of the disease.

Victims of the VRV will remain deceased for a brief time before reanimating as a zombie. The more body mass the longer it will take, but a good general rule of thumb is one minute. If it takes longer consider that bonus time.

Infant- 45 seconds

Child- 1 minute

adolescents/teen- 1 minute

adult(thin)- 1 minute

adult(average)- 90 seconds

Adult(overweight)- 2+ minutes

If the remaining survivors have the proper tools or weapons, adequate time, and enough will, they should immediately sever the corpses head or completely destroy its brain to prevent the corpse from reanimating into a zombie. Children and sensitive survivors should not be allowed to witness this difficult (and often gruesome) act. This is the reality you live in; do your best to accept it.

If the corpses head is not severed, or the brain is not destroyed, the virus will take control of the body and reanimated it. the eyes of the host will open and the body will 'jump to life'. At this stage the host is considered to be a zombie and is highly dangerous. zombies are not human beings and should not be treated as such.

The act of suicide in response to being bitten is a viable, and Noble option. This reduces the number of zombies and eliminates the psychological trauma of having your loved one, or friend and encounter you as a lethal threat. If you are incapable of taking your own life, a designated team member can perform this service for you and for society.

Consider the following;

• Live with an eye toward this possible outcome, leaving nothing unsaid. Do not wait until you are faced with suicide to tell loved ones how you feel about them. You might not have time to tell them later.

• Suicide and consensual re-killings are best performed with a firearm. Most other methods are either not effective or take to long.

• If an impact, or bladed weapon must be used, wait until the victim has died before destroying the brain or severing the spine.

• Whenever possible the act of suicide should be conducted away from children and loved ones.

• When suicide or consensual re-killing is not possible the person who has been bitten, should run as far away from the group as possible before dying and reanimating.

Times are different now.. trust no one..

- Sincerely,

A thoughtful stranger.

Rules & Expectations

• You can have as many characters as you'd like, but be sure you can and will play all of them. If you have a character you dont want to play any longer, kill them off.

• If you have a character under fourteen, I expect an older character to be caring for that younger character.

• This role play is detailed, so I'm expecting the majority of posts to be 6-8 full sentences at the least.

• Be realistic, I know this is a fantasy genre role play but please be realistic, if your character is injured or sick, they will be weaker than a healthy character.

• Do not physically harm another user's character without the user's consent.

• Be kind and have fun.

this sounds interesting. consider me interested.

I’m interested. How many people are you gonna cap it off at? And do you require any specific type of face claims or character formats?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back