• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Virtual Youtuber Roleplay?

Crow

Top-tier Avian Master
You know, I was thinking of making a Roleplay based on the idea of Vtubers. Kizuna Ai, Inuyama Tamaki, Shirakami Fubuki, HimeHina, you know, the usual.

Anyways, in this Roleplay, the status of whether this world is the same as ours will stay ambiguous. Much like how people use Sudobucks & WcDonald's, we're likely going to either only vaguely reference actual Vtubers while making our own guys. Our own companies. Our own stories, our own drama! This also makes the title of this thread misleading, because we can't reference Youtube directly.

Even if I change my mind, no, you can't be an actual Vtuber. Save that for a crossover fandom RP or something.

The Roleplay will have our characters juggle between their real identities and their Vtuber identities. Sometimes we have arc antagonists. The roleplay will take place primarily in Japan (until I rev up that 'Global Vtuber' arc)

I'm just going to leave this here, see who knows what Vtubers are, see who wants to dip their toes in, then proceed.

I notice this gets many views, but not a single reply.

Well, time to throw in the bait again then.

Here's to a bump.

Since no one has replied, I am working on a plot suited to a small number of characters as opposed to a big number.

Really interested in this!

That's great to hear! Welcome aboard.

Hmmm... I'm thinking of setting an OoC and signups on maybe Friday or Sunday, since I have one more friend joining, making it three. Maybe I can discuss some plot ideas through PMs during this time.

Hold on this stuff is real

or is it I'm very confused.

Yep, it's a real thing. Its seeds were planted in 2014, but early 2017 was when it REALLY became a thing.

So yeah, this stuff has been real for almost three years now.

I'm starting to feel that this is a very niche-to-nonexistent thing in Roleplay communities.

Well, let's do another bump anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back