• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern VIRAL BREAK: Outbreak [CLOSED]

Other
Here

EdwardDewey98

Professional Argentine
Viral_Break_Outbreak_Title.png

It is June 11th of the year 1999, near the North Carolina town of Asheville, there's a research facility owned by Rebirth Pharmaceuticals, whose products are found in pharmacies and drug stores all across the entire world. However, they do more than just researching for new medical products, they have deep ties with the American government and suspected of developing viral and bio-organic weapons for the United States of America. Inside the facility, there's various containment breaches in the secretive bio-weapons sector, forcing surface security to initiate a lockdown of the entire facility, within hours, Rebirth's own military security (R.S.S.D - Rebirth Specialized Security Detail) enter the facility to contain the threat, secure samples and rescue any survivors. However, both teams sent in did not respond to the bihourly radio checkup and are now considered missing in action.

Two days have passed since the R.S.S.D entered the facility, and the possibilities of a viral breach reaching the town Asheville continue to grow. Unable to relocate more resources to contain the threat, the regional managers of Rebirth Pharmaceuticals contacted a P.M.C (Private Mercenary Company) known as Baykok Bio-Security, famous for having dealt with various weaponized viral outbreaks and even some bio-organic threats throughout the hectic 80's and 90's.

Charlie Team, alongside Alpha, Bravo and Delta, are heading to the Appalachian facility, unaware of the horrors they are about to face.

• Rules & Info •

This RP is currently a closed RP, but might potentially open for new players later. Keep an eye on it! As GM, I control various NPCs in the story, but some may be controlled by players. All events will be under my direction. Feel free to throw ideas at your fellow players. I want you guys to have fun!

• Please, be nice to each other.
  • No power or metagaming. You have a lot of freedom and slack, but ultimately rolls determine if things happen.
  • Out of Character (OOC) chat should be in double parentheses, ((so it will look like this when you post OOC)).
  • If you go inactive or drop, your character(s) will be under my control (and may potentially die.) If you let me know you're going to be inactive for a while and can pick back up later, I'll look after your character till you return.
  • This is primarily a PvE game, but PvP can still potentially happen if its agreed upon by both parties and run by me.
  • If something becomes a problem, as a GM I have the power to implement new rules on the fly.
Banner_WIP_Codenames.png

• June 12th, 1999 - Blue Ridge Mountains, North Carolina - 20:04 PM •

Normally, there's little air traffic over the quiet and peaceful nights over the Blue Ridge Mountains, but those few that trek through these forested ranges have noticed that over the last two days, several helicopters were seen flying by and tonight it was no different, as four CH-47 Chinook helicopters flew over the mountains, all of them blasting music. "Dig through the ditches, and burn through the witches, I slam in the back of my Dragula!" singed and shouted Haisam Tahan, the co-pilot of Charlie Team. In response, the pilot, Natalia Gomez, slaped him in the back of his helmet, trying to get him to shut up for a moment. "Shut up for a moment, Haisan, I need to talk to Vampire." she said before speaking through her microphone, "Mama Pato to Vampire, ETA to the LZ is ten minutes, tell your team to get ready."

In the back of the Chinook, twelve men and women looked over their gear or enjoyed the music blasting through the speakers, they knew little of where they were going, other than the LZ had already been secured by "the employer's own security forces" and that they were going to be further informed of their mission after landing, while this had happened before in other missions, those who've been in Baykok for more than a year or two know that it's rather unusual to be briefed like this. Even the latest addition of the team, who hasn't participated in a mission yet, seemed a bit concerned over this fact.

"I dunno man, I know I am like... the Rookie and all that, but being told on the ground right before the mission seems a bit odd to me." said Anijah Ingram, the youngest member of the team and by far the less experienced both in the organization and outside of it. Few knew why she was recruited in the first place, many assuming she got the job due to her close friendship with Mary Williams, the daughter of John Williams, the CEO of Baykok Bio-Security and commander.

"Relax, Rookie... This has happened before, normally when the employer wishes to speak in person but is unable to reach to us, or when they don't trust our communication channels, makes sense really, Uncle Sam is always listening." said Spencer Woodrow, Charlie Team's Communications expert, or Beacon, as he calls himself. "Right now, you should be checking your gear, the whole company is low on ammo after that stupid mission in Mesa Blanca." He said with some concern in his voice, most of the team had been limited to two to three magazines or clips, which was also rather unusual, as John and his daughter always made sure the teams were well stocked up for each mission. "By the way, the pool is 527 dollars... and 3 cents, thanks Hans, after all of you losers guessed wrong what were doing in New Mexico, whoever guesses right what's the upcoming mission, takes the money with them. My guess is that we are doing another hunting mission, since John wanted all four teams on this mission, I'm betting $50!"

Anijah tilted her head to the left, not understanding what he meant at first. "You guys take bets on the missions you get?" she asked, Spencer simply nodded in response. "Well, I don't really know... uhm, search and rescue? I remember once reading about you guys rescuing a team of United Nation soldiers in... uh, somewhere in the Balkans, might be something similar?" she said, with some obvious doubt in her voice. "Hmm... that's actually a good guess Rookie, how much you're betting?" he asked with a grin in his face. "Hmm... uhm, I'll bet 10 dollars." Beacon nodded approvingly. "That's baby numbers but okay, fair enough... so, what about you guys?" He asked again, looking at the rest of Charlie Team.

Interacting: Vampire ( Infab Infab ), Brick ( DG-117 DG-117 ), Hans ( Breadman Breadman ), Doc ( joshuadim joshuadim ), Steinmauer ( Mook-LandStrider Mook-LandStrider ), Djinn ( Vexumin Vexumin ), Reaper ( Jagson Jagson ), Echo & Jett ( savageshores savageshores ), El Punk ( Hecotoro Hecotoro )

Last edited:
Ron Torres

"I bet fifty and the first round of shots after the mission." Ron slugged in his sit, as much as he could, while playing with his GameBoy. "Dibs on making first contact with a cute employer though." He looked up with a grin on his face, "I've been on a dry streak, know what I mean? Mission after mission, moving from place to place, I feel like an animal being locked up."

He looked back down at his video game console, playing "Bugs Bunny Crazy Castle 3". Despite his looks, Ron was one to enjoy cartoons, something he discovered late in his life, since in his former home in Mexico, their television only had the news channel and some local soap operas. Now that he was on the other side, he tried to keep up with all the things he missed as a child, which included video games, cartoons and even collected some toys. He hid that whenever out on the streets, not wanting to scare away any girl with such childish likes.

"I could use some food though, getting the munchies." he didn't look up from his video game, but the thought of eating some nachos before the mission began to tickle his belly, craving the popular snack. "I hope they have some when we land."

"Dibs on making first contact with a cute employer though."

Spender laughed out loud when he heard that. "Knowing your luck, Punk, the employer is probably some hefty gentleman in a suit." He said before writing down his bet. "Who was the last cute employer we had? Say, I'm aware that's subjective and all that but I can only think of that Albanian girl, man... she was a looker!" He chuckled as he looked back at Ron. "Hey, don't forget the sister down in Southern Sudan, that one was one pretty lady." shouted Haisan, the pilot. "Not my type, but I see the appeal." responded Spencer before looking back at the betting list.

Xavier half listened as he pointed his sigma to the bottom of the Chinook checking it's sights. He wasn't in the moment as he thought of the call he and Reba had before the start of the mission. At the great news she gave him and the idiotic response he gave her. "Real smooth Xave." He chastised himself

"Bio got loose seek and destroy I get the kill shot. Fifty." He said as he holsters his sigma. He bowed his head as if to pray moving his right hand over his left arm before placing it on his chest right above his heart. "If I fall I'll meet you at the waiting gate Reba." He whispered.

"Bio got loose seek and destroy I get the kill shot. Fifty."
"Christ on a bike Xav, no wonder you keep losing money." said Spender as he wrote down the bet. "Don't get me wrong, you are a great shot, but I would never bet on the kill shot... Besides, since all teams are here... I bet Delta will steal the kill again." He murmured as he continued to look down the list. "I keep hearing you complain about Delta, got something against them?" asked Anijah as she looked at Spencer. "Hm? Nah, nothing at all, but they tend to jump in when least expected, I guess that's why the Chief calls them "the contingency unit", but it'd be nice if they stopped taking our kills."

Andrew, known by his code name Doc, had kept his eyes shut and with his head leaning against the side of the helicopter's interior to get some semblance of shut-eye. He didn't have a good night's sleep previously, and what didn't help was the chatter about the current bets on what assignment they would be sent to. An annoyed grumble left his mouth as he crossed his arms and exhaled deeply. It was annoying for him to hear bets being taken about something potentially serious, considering the nature of what they were dealing with in their line of work. "I'm not betting anything." Andrew spoke into his mic briefly, "This isn't a game."

He had his own unique perspective on these matters, both as a father and as a doctor. And while he wasn't a military man like many of the others on board, he certainly didn't share their sentiments on joking about something that could potentially lead to such catastrophe.

Ron Torres

"Well we're not going to marry them," Ron looked up for a second with a playful smile, "at least I'm not." He paused his game and turned it off, putting it away in one of his vest pockets. "Gotta listen to the Doc, this isn't a game." Ron nodded softly a serious look on his face, which lasted for a few seconds before it broke into a smile. "But, I am still betting the employer is cute. Make the best of what you got Doc, and right now, this is what we got." He straightened up on his seat, feeling a bit proud. "I better not miss my Saturday cartoons though, I hate spoilers." He then looked at Anijah, "You like cartoons?"

"I'm not betting anything. This isn't a game."
"Damn Doc, you are usually a killjoy, but today? You really have a stick up your ass." He responded as he crossed Doc's name from the list. "...and don't give us shit for trying to have a bit of fun on this depressing job. Christ." He added as he glared at the Andrew. "Anyways, anyone else want to put your bets in?" He asked as he looked at the others, completely ignoring Andrew from now on.

"I better not miss my Saturday cartoons though, I hate spoilers. - You like cartoons?"
"Oh... uhm..." she appeared a bit surprised and a bit ashamed by the question. "I... I do, yeah... Dexter's Laboratory, Cow and Chicken... I love that stuff." She responded rather nervously, not wanting to look like a child or a dork among the many soldiers surrounding her, but now seeing that there's someone in the team that's not ashamed of watching cartoon, she eases up a little. "G-glad to know I'm not the only one." she said with a friendly smile.

Ammunition. Ammunition is going to be an issue. Especially if any problems arise.

Archer's pale blue eyes gazed down into the magazine she held in her off-hand, tracing the shape of the full sized rifle rounds it contained. Twenty of them were contained within it, while an additional forty were waiting to be used in pouches on her vest. Three magazines total for her HK51, a shortened variant of the German G3 battle rifle made using parts from an MP5. She eventually rocked the magazine back into the waiting magwell of her weapon, before giving the weapon's charging handle a firm slap. The handle slipped out of its position, falling down and propelling itself forwards into its ready position. A 7.62mm NATO round chambered, and her fingers instinctively flipped the safety on after everything was said and done.

In addition to her primary, a 9mm USP Match rested in a holster on her thigh. She didn't need to check it. She had already done so before even boarding the helicopter. Two magazines, one resting in the weapon already. She'd just need to rack it if she ever had to draw it.

"Mama Pato to Vampire, ETA to the LZ is ten minutes, tell your team to get ready."

"Copy." she stated, cupping the microphone near her mouth gently so that she could be heard over the noise of the helicopter and the music. Afterwards, she glanced down through the back of the Chinook at the rest of her team. They were still taking bets over this whole ordeal. Last she had heard, the amount had reached a little over half a grand. She used to take part in the bets. These days, however, she had more important things to focus on.

Soon, the conversation shifted to talk of cartoons. Something that interested her even less than the betting. She glanced to Doc briefly, taking note of his facial expression after the talk of betting, then shifted her gaze to Spencer and the new girl. The Rookie. Archer had yet to full memorize the newbie's name, after only having a handful of conversations with her. Most being brief exchanges. Depending on how long she lasted on the team, knowing her name could prove trivial anyway.

Soon, Archer herself spoke up. "Ten minutes, people." she stated aloud, "Check your gear. Check your ammo. Then double check them both."

/* ------ left side ------ */

/* ------ left side info ------ */
mood curious, frustrated

location blue ridge mountains

outfit here

tag joshuadim joshuadim

vesper valente

/* ------ right side ------ */
Vesper stares straight ahead, elbows braced on her knees and sitting to the right side of Doc. He was right. This wasn't a game and people's lives were at stake whether they were the 'enemy' or not. Bets, the talk of kills, of women as scores... it went over her head. The utmost concern should be what they were literally and figuratively being dropped into.

Instead, she tunes out the trivial chatter and focuses on the rhythmic hum of the helicopter she sat in, feet planted firmly on the ground. Motion sickness was an embarrassing trait to have in her line of work. With everything Vesper has overcome on deployment, it wasn't the sight of blood and mayhem that turned her stomach, but being carted safely through the skies. She takes three steady breaths, closing her eyes for a moment to find some stability, before nudging Doc's arm with hers.

"Thanks for being sane."

As a Doctor, he understood and respected the value of human life. Vesper's trajectory into joining the army had not been decided by her, and in truth, sickened her to this day that she could use a weapon and be good with it. All she could do for peace of mind was remind herself that she can do her best with as little bloodshed as possible. Acquiring intel did not have to involve physical torture. Sometimes the mere threat of it was enough; back to the value of human life, and whatnot. It comforted her to know there was someone of a similar mindset on this team.

When she hears the call to check ammo and gear, and that in 10 minutes they'll be dropping, Vesper straightens up. Her spine was pliant, yielding to her without complaint, the constant training and stretching she does day in and day out left her nimble. Hopefully, if she were to fall straight out of this helicopter, she could land on her feet like a cat. The thought quirks a smile at her lips. Wouldn't that be something?

Vesper takes her time to check the magazine of her pistol, and then take out her combat knife. She flips it in her hand a few times, familiarising herself with the feeling. She had to be quick, quicker than the rest. While her team was concerned about kill counts, she had to make sure she wouldn't be one of them.

/* ------ credit -- do not remove ------ */

© weldherwings.

Yasir had kicked back for the ride and been rather quiet since it began. He was usually a man of thought, thinking more about his own plans over idle chatter, not that it didn't amuse him from time to time, especially when the talk of betting began. That certainly caught his interest. He listened to the different ideas on how this was all going to go down, what they had to look forward to. Honestly, he wasn't sure what to expect. When it came to biohazards and dealing with them, he was somewhat clueless. He had half a mind to make a guess though.

For a moment, he just kept his eyes on the blade he was tending to a bit. A solid push blade knife with an ebony colored wood along the grip. He had another just like it, but this one needed special care before the mission. The rest of his gear was nice and ready, his two HK MK23 SOCOM .45 pistols, spare the attachments. His two pride and joys, at least when in the field. He can still remember the day he fought tooth and nail to his his hands on a pair. Twins with the same production date. Got to get his mind of those though. His attention soon shifts back to the discussion being had.

"I'm not betting anything." Andrew spoke into his mic briefly, "This isn't a game."

Yasir smiles briefly, looking to Vesper soon after who agreed with Doc. "Think of it this way, you two. Better to be prepared for what's ahead. The more we dabble with the possible, the better prepared we are for what awaits us, no?" After he says this he looks to Beacon. "I'll put down fourty on this being an eradication mission. Burn out some manner of issue that someone wants kept quiet. I'm not confident though. For all I know we're going out to chase down some lab monkeys that got free from their cages."

Soon, Archer herself spoke up. "Ten minutes, people." she stated aloud, "Check your gear. Check your ammo. Then double check them both."

Yasir knew he had at some ammo on him. Was about a clip of two that he hadn't gone through, but he takes the time to shift what remained in the magazines of his pistols into a single mag, so total he had one clip of ammo in reserve, but two fully loaded pistols. Should be enough for any foreseeable situations. He slides his knife into its sheath on his left thigh, the other in place on his right. He fetches a smoke grenade a short distance away, clipping it to his belt for possible use later.

Then, finally, he takes hold of a respirator and slides it over his head to hang around his neck. He had grown pretty cautious about what he was breathing in during these missions. Better to have something at the very least. "Let's just keep our eyes open. One job to the next. From the frying pan and into the fire, for all we know."

Xave glanced up and nodded at his team leader. "Yes mam." He moved his M4 infront of him and checked to make sure it wouldn't jam on him." He looked up at Andrew. He agreed with what the doc said about betting. This isn't a game. But for him it was different. It was his promise that he would be alive to collect. Cause you can't if you're dead.

He breathed slowly as he checked his magazine making sure it was full. "So Mam do you know what we're walking into? And why we need everyone on deck for this?" He asked wanting to get a feel of the situation. He didn't want another Afghanistan.

Ron Torres

Ron raised his hands up, like a small celebration. "Finally someone who understands art." He gives the rest of the group a quick look. "Y'all can sit here and mop all you want, I found my new traveling buddy." He turns back to his new favorite person in the group, eager to talk more about cartoons. "Have you seen Japanese cartoons? You rarely seem them on American television, but they're something else. I heard they include nudity and blood like it was nothing, makes me want to go to Japan and get them on VHS or something."

He stops a bit to check his gear, nothing too serious like everyone else, he basically makes sure he has it. He does make sure his GameBoy is securely strapped to his vest pocket though, not wanting to have to buy a new one and lose the process in his game.

Andrew didn't dignify Spender with an answer as he kept his eyes shut and arms crossed, but was met with some words Vesper who was sitting next to him. She thanked him for being sane, and he simply shrugged in response. To him it wasn't a matter of sanity, but rather just plain common sense. Though perhaps the two do go hand in hand for the most part. Then Yasir spoke to him which brought out an annoyed mutter from him: "The more you dabble, the less I get some extra sleep." he said with exasperation in his breath.

"Ah fuck it." he then said, opening his eyes and reached into a pouch to pick up some caffeine pills, the last two he had. He practically shoved them into his mouth and gulped them down his throat. He made a mental note for himself to pick up some more to renew his stash after this mission was done and over with before rolling his neck to stretch. As for weapon's check, he lazily pulled out his two magazines additional to the one he had in his pistol, eyed them for a moment, before putting them back in their place on his storage pockets on his vest.

Hans gave an affirmative nod when his contribution to the pool was acknowledged. What did Spenser expect from him for the pot, he couldn't figure out. Hans always dumped loose change when he had it. Not out of some frugality, he just hated having those cons burn a hole in his pocket. Short of looking for a hobo's cup in the middle of a mission or a functional vending machine, those things aren't going to go away.

Soon enough it was time for another round of betting and they had to make their predictions. He clicked with a tongue as he thought about his win conditions.

"Seek and destroy. Explosion. Big one." He turned his head to Spenser "97 cents." He didn't wait for the reaction, but knew a series of expletives was going to follow. There were a few minutes left to check weapons and equipment before they landed. Everything was in order even with limited resources. While he did another check, he listened in on the conversations happening around him. Doc was a killjoy, Ron finally found someone to talk about the funny animation with. All the better, all Hans knew was Soviet cartoons from the 50s and 60s that were shown in syndication. Vampire was of course focused on the mission first and everything else wasn't even a thought. But Hans was most interested in the conversation between her and Xavier.

"So Mam do you know what we're walking into? And why we need everyone on deck for this?"

"No, I don't." she replied, almost bluntly. "As for why everyone is needed, it's quite likely that our contractors specifically requested it. The 'more bodies, more likely the operation is a success' approach." She brushed strands of her long blonde hair out of her face, before reaching down and grabbing her gas mask from her hip. "However, if our contractors didn't request all of us, then I'm sure Chief has a good reason for pulling us all together." she added.

She lifted the mask, eventually slipping it over her face and securing the straps around the back of her head. The faintly tinted red glass pieces concealed her eyes, and the rest of the black mask now shielded her face from view. She adjusted her microphone on her headset so that it was closer to the mask, allowing her voice to be more audible through it.

Last edited:
Steinmauer

#007acc

Adjusting his headphones, Steinmauer had mostly been absorbed in his own music. However, occasional movements and gestures brought his attention up and to the others. Hearing the conversation through his headphones, he began to laugh. "All we have?" He said in response to Xavier. "I don't know about you, but I have a lot more than that. Like this, for example." He spoke before taking a rather long and nicely wrapped fat blunt from one of his many tactical pockets. "This isn't all I got either." He said with a nod before screwing with one end. Shoving a small filter into the wrapping, he brought it up to his mouth and lit the end. Taking several puffs, he exhaled away from everyone else before bringing the mic back up to his mouth. "As for bets, I bet 63 dollars that I don't get launched more than fifteen feet." he said with a curt nod and grin "Padded my helmet abit more just incase though."

Turning his attention towards Vesper he took another few puffs on his blunt "With everything I have seen, let alone those that have been here longer... can we truly say any of us in this line of work are sane? I mean, who willingly does what we do?" He said while exhaling the smoke "Obviously us, but we couldn't possibly be normal. Not after what we've been through." He suddenly went silent for a few moments. Taking another puff he spoke up again "Perhaps we are the sane ones, after all... things seem to be getting more and more unhinged.". At that he took the blunt and passed it to whomever was interested.

Leaning forward in his seat, he began to run over his gear, but couldn't keep his mouth shut. "Alright, real talk... so I have been following some of the more wild news outlets. What are the odds we are going into something completely fubar. The hush hush attitude, the lights out policy of keeping us in the dark. I mean, we are in the middle of fucking nowhere, deep in the Appalachian mountains. Like, for real, the only people I bet anywhere within several dozen miles will be moonshiners and the volk that have lived here for ages."fidgeting in his seat he seemed to get a little more serious, having gone off on one of his conspiracy tangents. "I bet there is more to this than any of us know." He said, leaning back again "Now, I know I have said this about a bunch of our latest missions, but this one really rubs me the wrong way." he finished, having gone over his gear.

Archer eyed Steinmauer as he spoke, puffing away on the blunt he had drawn from one of his pockets. Her eyes narrowed, but one couldn't really tell through the tinted lenses of her mask. Already she was missing one of the pointman's predecessors. At least he focused his insanity into something productive, instead of conspiracy ramblings and getting high.

"It is guaranteed that we will be going into something nutty. We're mercenaries. We're paid to be sent into places you don't send your average soldier. As for everything being 'hush-hush', companies prefer things that way. Less people to silence, either with money or force. Governments are the same way." she stated, "We know what they give us in the briefings. No more. The rest? The actual dark and bloody shite? We find that out in person. That's why we get paid extra once the mission is over."

She sat back in her seat, adding a remark to the end of her statement. "You should probably snuff that blunt out before we land. Not a good look for you in front of Chief and our contractors. They purchased the talents of professionals, so we should present ourselves as such. At least in front of them."

Xave rolled his eyes at what Steinmaur said. So it was just like Afghanistan he wondered how many names were going to be carved into his soul after this. Needing to calm himself and get focused he put in one head phone from his walkman and played Tales of Brave Ulysses to get into the zone he needed to be in.

Leaning back in his seat he closed his eyes and bobbed his head to the beat of the music and thought of what was to come.

"I'll put down forty on this being an eradication mission. Burn out some manner of issue that someone wants kept quiet. I'm not confident though. For all I know we're going out to chase down some lab monkeys that got free from their cages."

Spencer nodded along with a grin on his face as he wrote down Yasirs bet. "Man, I still have bad dreams about that monkey chasing mission is Los Angeles." He shudders at the thought, but never losing his playful smirk. "And I still firmly believe that those chimps were worse than any Bio-Organic Weapon we've encountered yet." He said jokingly while Yasir puts his attention on Doc and Vesper. "Don't bother with them, they seem to have forgotten we all cope differently." He murmured before getting back to his betting list.

"Have you seen Japanese cartoons? You rarely seem them on American television, but they're something else. I heard they include nudity and blood like it was nothing, makes me want to go to Japan and get them on VHS or something."

When Ron mentioned anime, Anijah's face lit up like a christmas tree. "You joking?!" She said in excited tone. "I love that shit! My brother, he's a marine stationed in Okinawa, he sends me VHS tapes with Anime - Sailor Moon, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Rurouni Kenshin, and those are just the popular ones! I have a shelf with cool, kinda unknown movies with the nudity and violence, lotsa Cyberpunk stuff, it's so good!" Seeing the rookie get this excited was a bit surprising for some, but it was a welcome change for Ron. "Hey, if... this mission goes well, I can give you some tapes, if you want!"

"Seek and destroy. Explosion. Big one. 97 cents."

Spencer slowly shifted his attention to Hans and upon hearing the amount he was betting in, the radio operator rolled his eyes. "Cents? Again? You are such a cheap bastard it's unreal!" He said as he wrote down on his notepad. "At least it's now a full dollar!" He mentioned as he checked the numbers. "By the way, I think we should make another bet, who can guess Hans' real name?" Upon hearing that, Anijah broke her attention from Ron for a moment to look at Spencer. "Hans isn't his real name?" She asked with clear surprise on her voice. "No, I think the only one that knows his name is the Chief, and even then..." He eyes Hans for a moment. "Hans' a bit of a "spook", he probably fed the Chief a fake name." Anijah eyed Hans for a moment, before turning her attention back to Ron while Spencer looked around if anyone wanted to bet on Hans' name, however, he was quickly distracted by the smoke of a joint coming from Steinmauer. "Gonna share some of that?" He asked jokingly.

"As for bets, I bet 63 dollars that I don't get launched more than fifteen feet. Padded my helmet a bit more just incase though."

"Seriously, I'm starting to think you are a masochist or something!" said Spencer as he wrote down on his note pad. Upon hearing that, the pilot, Natalia, let out a hearty chuckle before speaking. "Kinky!" upon hearing that, Spencer rolled his eyes as he finished writing the bet. That's when Steinmauer started to ramble about his own conspiracy theory. Spencer actually paid close attention to this, being a skeptic and somewhat of a conspiracy guy himself.

"Alright, real talk... so I have been following some of the more wild news outlets. What are the odds we are going into something completely fubar. The hush hush attitude, the lights out policy of keeping us in the dark. I mean, we are in the middle of fucking nowhere, deep in the Appalachian mountains. Like, for real, the only people I bet anywhere within several dozen miles will be moonshiners and the volk that have lived here for ages."

"You've got a point man! But... now all I can think of is a bunch of moonshiners killing our targets, remember that seek and destroy mission in eastern Ukraine?" He asked as he put down his notepad. "How we spent ours looking for that damn thing only to find it dead in front of a babushkas house?" He chuckled as he reminisced of that mission. "Damn, now that's all I can think of! Just a bunch of hicks gunning down monsters like it's nothing while shouting "Billy, get the shovel Billy, 'tis our hill, ya darn critter!", man... that's be kinda cool actually." But right as he was about to actually speak of his friends theory, Archer interrupted him, promptly shutting up the radio operator as her commanding voice.

"We know what they give us in the briefings. No more. The rest? The actual dark and bloody shite? We find that out in person. That's why we get paid extra once the mission is over."

"Well, you've heard the boss." He said while jokingly zipping his mouth. "I've got visuals on the LZ in the distance. 5 minutes 'till arrival!" said Haisan, the co-pilot as he shut down the music. "Hmm... copy that Chief, Mama Pato to Vampire, the Chief wants the teams to land in order, according to the Chief, they've got four landing pads but two are already on use by the employers security forces. Charlie's and Delta's will be the ones using the remaining two, Alpha's and Bravo's helicopters will head back to base in Knoxville after dropping them in." said Natalia as she pressed her radio close to her mouth.

"Hmm... copy that Chief, Mama Pato to Vampire, the Chief wants the teams to land in order, according to the Chief, they've got four landing pads but two are already on use by the employers security forces. Charlie's and Delta's will be the ones using the remaining two, Alpha's and Bravo's helicopters will head back to base in Knoxville after dropping them in."

"Understood. Proceed as ordered." responded Archer, cupping her microphone so she could be heard better once again. She then looked to the others. "Alright. Five minutes till we land. We'll be landing in order. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta. Two of the landing sites are occupied, so Alpha and Bravo's choppers will drop their teams and head back to Knoxville. Our chopper and Delta's will stick around after we land."

She leaned forwards in her seat, to get a better look at the rest of the group. "Looks like the company we've been contracted by has their own security forces on site. Obviously, if we're being called in like this, two things could have happened. Either their team would rather we do the dirty work so they can mop up afterwards, or they got their arses handed to them by whatever is on site. We'll know for sure once we land and Chief briefs us."

Ron smiled and nodded, "Hell yeah, we could watch them together, cyberpunk sounds pretty cool, I know a thing or two about punk."
Ron loses his smile at the sound of the description given by Archer. "Their security couldn't hack it and they called us all in? This is like Hulk level stuff. If it is, try to make him laugh, that's how you calm Hulk down." He sniffs the air and smiles again, "Or give him some of that happiness Stein is smoking up."

He looks at Anijah again, "I swear my knowledge on cartoons will save us one day".

"Yeah, yeah..." Brick muttered at his boss's various words, despite being half-asleep, Brick was able to listen to every word said. Mostly, always...

He kept his arms crossed for most of the ride before finally rising his head up and spreading out his arms. Giving a brief look at those around the cabin, looking over his squad-mates before resting his arms on his tried and true M60 machine gun. Brick's gun was nearly as old as himself, covered in plenty scratches and dents but still kicking loud.

He took an moment to adjust his mask and then his Alice web, "I'm getting too old for this shit..." He grunted, his eyes now wide open from his impromptu nap.

Brick shook his head and cleared his throat quite loudly... "For any of you greenhorns who's never seen a Bravo-Whiskey up close, today gonna be you're lucky day!" He barked aloud before clearing his gun.

Last edited:
(Filler)
Xave opened his eyes as he felt heat creep up his back. Looking at his team he realized that it wasn't Baykok. Rather it was his old platoon he saw. Most of them looked ghostly white only four of them looked normal. "Hey Xave you have any dip." Sargent Alex Ford said. Xave went into his vest and took out a can of dip.

Turning he froze as he looked at Alex. The man's face once the envy of anyone trying to score with the local girls now looked grotesque and animalistic. The hole on his forehead where Xave put him down was evident. "Here." Xave said handing him his dip. "Thank you."

Xave eyes glanced at corpral Luis Smith. Unlike how he was prior to the mission he looked utterly depressed hair unkept fading between the light and ghostly white of the others. "We're on our way to hell Sarge." Smith said as he tried to crack a smile but failed. "Soon enough we'll be joining our brothers and sisters right LT." He said looking towards their Lieutenant. Xave fallowed his corporal's glance and saw a completely burned man. It nodded.

Xave's eyes snaped open as he jolted out of his seat. He looked at his new team. "Sorry I thought I saw a bug " he tried laughing it off as he sat back down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back