• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings [OLD THREAD] Violet Meadows (Harvest Moon inspired RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

• Vivi Darling •

1569373652011.png
"Aaa-cho!"

The sound of Vivian's sneeze bounced against the walls of her empty boutique. Shifting from under the sheets of her warm bed, she let out a long sniff before placing herself in an upwards position. The sleepy girl let out a groan as she squinted at the sun that trickled in from between the curtains that softly danced from the spring breeze that crept in. She had forgotten to close the windows again and now she was a snotty, sniffling mess with hair resembling that of a lion's. Blinking her eyes slowly, Vivi looked over at her reflection from her vanity's mirror. What a mess. This is what had become of the infamous idol that disappeared from the city and caused such a ruckus? She rubbed her eye and let out another huff. Scooping up her largest pillow, Vivi lept from her bed before waddling to her vanity to start her day.

What time even was it? She felt like it was at least seven in the morning, but the sun said it was past noon. For a beaming once-idol, she definitely was not a morning person. Beauty needs rest, after all. Vivian patted her cheeks, attempting to wake herself up as she grumbled and grunted at the morning- er, afternoon sun. The birds twittered and tweeted at the day while she just ached for a cup of coffee. "Aa-chu!"

It sounded like a mouse letting out a little squeak, but she sniffed as if a waterfall had just broken through a dam. Spring was definitely in the air - as were her allergies. For someone that also loved flowers in every inch of her boutique, they certainly did not love her. Brushing her hair, she began to ponder the day ahead of her. She would have to stop by the doctor's office for her allergy shot, but the taste of a bittersweet coffee also called her name... perhaps even a nice earl grey tea with a squeeze of orange.
Mm, honey tea with waffles and cream.

The thought of a sweet breakfast filled the joy in Vivian's heart, causing her to perk up for the afternoon. She could either start her day with coffee to help her stomach a shot at the doctor's, or perhaps go to the doctor's first then reward herself with a carb-o-licious breakfast? Oh, the choices! The ex-idol began to hum happily to herself as she rolled her hair and began to moisturize her porcelain colored skin. Her afternoon routine pressed on as she dressed herself in a signature look of a short skirt and stockings, accented with the glimpse of a garter belt and sparkling jewelry she received from previous admirers. She liked to dress herself as if she was a living piece of art - as all idols should be. But she was a "graduated" idol, which meant she could be as scandalously sexy as she wanted to be... so perhaps a little more skin of her shoulders showing would be okay.

After releasing her hair from her rollers, she brushed them to frame her face and finished up her makeup with a rosey blush before clasping on a pair of heels to march forth. She snatched up her clutch on her way out the door, making sure that the sign was faced to "CLOSED" for the second day in a row. Self care calls for days off, right? Even if they happen four days out of the week. But there was something she was supposed to remember about today? What was it again? Why was she dressed in pastels and florals? Rubbing the back of her head, she pondered but just as she searched her mind, the smell of coffee and waffles filled her senses.

"Today's waffle day!" She beamed. Naturally that's obviously what it was. What else could there be? It couldn't possibly be just that she was two days late on her wedding dress delivery. Waffle day it was!

Darius
Mentioning: Silver Fae Silver Fae

Darius eagerly met her high five, more than happy to celebrate their shared victory. "Now, that's teamwork!" he exclaimed. Then, he started to look a bit embarrassed. "Though, I guess we shouldn't just stick around here until the dance. Are there any other stands you want to visit?"

Caleb
Mentioning: NighttimeForest NighttimeForest
Caleb laughed, a warm and lively sound leaving him as his eyes crinkled in genuine amusement. "Darlin', I can put it down with the best of them. I'll make sure to stop by sometime. Just be ready to serve me much more than one drink, and I'll make sure to pay accordingly. And if you ever want something to freshen up the decor with some greenery, now you know where to go to." He pulled a card out from his suit pocket, detailing where their shop and greenhouse was in town, as well as a phone number for call-in orders.

Last edited:
Wisteria sat back, thinking for a moment. Well, I haven't really thought about it... Max's stall sounds like fun- no, wait, we sent her over there... did you happen to see any other interesting stands? In all honesty, She hadn't been paying much attention and had no idea what all was available. I'm sorry about this... being so indecisive and all...

Valente
Interacting: Caleb jadafun jadafun
Location: Caleb's stall to the Inn to walking around the town.
It felt nice to actually talk to someone, he wished he would have gotten out of his place sooner. "I'll make sure to have a seat at the bar ready just for you then," Val maneuvered to grab the card while making sure nothing fell. "I'll be sure to visit, I can always find room for beautiful flowers," giving a small smile, though it looked sad and didn't reach his eyes. "I think I may have taken a bit too much of your time, I'll see you around," giving a slight bow before he reached down to grab his other suitcase, moving it so that both would be in one hand so the bouquet wouldn't get crushed by anything. With everything settled he took his leave. Making sure not to bump into anyone with everything he had and heading to the inn with the directions he was given.

As he reached the main counter and asked for a room he was glad that they did have room for him. Then began his journey upstairs and to his room, shifting everything until he could open the door and head inside. Setting the suitcases down he looked around the room. It felt nice, but he couldn't help the feeling on loneliness settling in the back of his mind. Finding something to put the flowers in, he set them up on a table. Looking at the suitcases that needed to be unpacked he debated if he really wanted to. He decided to simple take one thing out, setting a picture frame down near the flowers. He'll completely unpack later. With that out of the way he supposed he should enjoy the festival shouldn't he? He'd need to get to know everyone here anyway.

Heading back out into the busy festival he realized how little he still knew of the town. He wondered if it would be weird for him to simple go up and greet others? It was a festival though and he didn't want to take their time away from it. He settled on simple walking around the town, after all he needed to check everything out. He can always go for introduction at a later date.

• 79998663-7340-437F-9BF8-4068951F7D17.png
    Date: Friday, Spring 6th 2XXX
    Time: Midday || 1:00ish

Interacting With:
    Max, Oliver, Rein, Ada, Amelia, ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo MiraAutumn MiraAutumn Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Nona Nona )
    Mentions: Hunter, Lumina ( Lumina Lumina )
    ~ Max’s Stall ~
    Natsuzora || Alessia’s CS File

The sweets weren’t her only goal in coming to the stand, and though she expected Hunter to be around she still had another motive. For a career woman such as herself, there was always a bit of a lack when it came to social endeavors. She could hardly find herself penciling in enough time between her cousin and her friends. Factoring in her mother and other family members, well she certainly had a bit of juggling to attempt. While she herself felt no compulsion throwing her into another relationship she was wearing out the heartbroken angle she’d been claiming since Julius had left her. Plus now that her brother moved closer to town he’d been hitting up Kore every other week and knew for sure she was never all that torn up about it.

She could always force him to butt out and ask Oliver, a dance was a dance, if she really wanted to avoid being dragged into the ballot box. The dance was something that she usually copped out of though, in fact, she hadn’t had the chance to enjoy it in years. The first year in Kore she remembered celebrating the first Flower Festival, miserable knowing few people as she and Julius were dragged through a whirlwind of meetings. The dance at the end, well it was wonderful. Naturally the next year she had no intention of joining in and disappeared before the dance even started. No this time she would enjoy herself, no holds barred.

She looked back to the sweets. Well a gift couldn’t be returned if it came with stipulations then? She brought out more coins from her pocketbook. Let’s see two of each should cover everyone and leave a few extra for Hunter and Lumina. She placed them on the countertop.

“In that case I’ll take two of each. Today’s on me, take your pick guys. And Oliver its a gift but if you can’t accept that then you can always promise to keep me company in the next festival.”

She said it with a gentle smile just before she turned back to Max. Well, he was the closest to her age… if she was truly going to enjoy the festival to the fullest she should be able to ask someone.

“Actually Max, I was wond-”

And that was as far as she got when a shorter woman had stormed up to the stall asking about Coffee? Wait had she heard that right? Where did it look like… actually that was a fair point the options for drinks were few and in between.

“That’s a great idea- add in - definitely gotta have juice- maybe…”

She muttered to herself already planning to add some more to her stall next time. She hadn’t even realized that the market was fresh for a drink stand. Bon Marche’s stall had always thrived in the things people would forget in their rush of enjoying the festival; water bottles, sunscreen, hand fans, visors. She never factored in expanding to a whole drink stall as well though, the tourists would eat it up! Wait no focus, the plan was supposed to be getting a date. With effort Alessia ignored the urge to thank the woman for the brilliant new layout she’d be sporting for the next festival.

“Oh right. So anyways Max would you like to be my partner for the dance later tonight?”

Rein Laviope

Kisumi-Shigino-Free-Eternal-Summer.jpg
"I am having fun though?" Rein responded in a quizzical manner, tilting his head slightly to the side. The very thought of leaving home without his gear had never crossed his mind, it was natural, and somewhat comforting to have his weapon with him. "I mean, I've already bought something and talked to a few interesting people." He smiled at Maxs fatherly nature. He was one of the key reasons why Rein had so easily settled into Kore afterall. However, his next comment sent his usual temperate expression into one of panic. Rein always knew that he had dissapproved of his workaholic nature, but he didn't think that he would resort to blackmail! "Wait, Max don't do this to me..." He whimpered sadly. The pastries and sweets that he made were almost a neccessity to his life at this point, it became such routine to visit Max in the morning, buy a small treat or two(billion) and then promptly head off to work. The adventurer tried to think of something to bargain with, all in the span of a few minutes, but he knew Max didn't really rely on him at all. If anything he gave him jobs out of pity, since he's had little questing work to do as of late. His inner turmoil was reflected in his eyes, barely even noticing Alessia joining the large group surrounding the bakers stall.

As Rein returned to reality, he realized Max must have been joking right? Right? With a sigh, he realized he must have been unconsciously tense all this time to have fallen for such an obvious ploy. Soon after Alessia and Max began discussing, another woman stormed through the crowd straight towards Max, yelling indecipherable ramblings the whole time. On instinct, Rein began unsheathing his blade in a battle stance, expecting the worst. From the looks of it, she appeared to have some sort of frustration or anger that she was about to release onto Max/his wares. If things came to that, he would stop her without mercy. Luckily, she seemed to be restraining herself, with a desperate desire for... coffee? Somewhat bewildered, but realizing she was most likely just another customer, he silently went back to his neutral stance.

Returning to his usual calmness, he responded to the tempting offer made by the baker. "You know I can't do that." He didn't give any more of an explanation other than those ambiguous words, seeing as they've discussed this time and time again. Fishing out the coins from his pouch, he smiled as he began handing the 10 glittering tokens of metal over to Max. At Alessias next words however, his hand stopped midair. He was about to say that she didn't need to pay for his, but well, she'd probably just nag at him so he decided to be grateful instead. "I'd like my favourite then. Thanks Al, I'll return the favour next time." He smiled, before hearing her request directed towards their black-haired salesman. Immediately, his interest was piqued as he awaited Maxs response, whilst also quietly returning the coins to his pouch and satchel. Considering they were both similar to the 'parents' of the village, Max the worrywart father and Alessia the nagging mother, it would actually be quite nice seeing them dancing with each other.

Max nearly winced seeing the distress his teasing put the young adventurer through. This was not the desired reaction and Rein's whimper had caused Max to inwardly recoil. Guilt crept into his mind and he began scrambling to clean up the mess. “Ah come on Rei you've known me long enough to believe I wouldn’t do that to you! I just wanted to tease you a little.” The baker stressed this point almost pleadingly before adding, “Besides who would I talk to if you weren’t around?” Max affixed a weak smile since he wasn’t quite sure what to do in this situation.

It was a blessing that Alessia had decided on her choice at the time. Her generosity seemed to brighten Rein’s mood, Max was extremely thankful for that. He was planning to buy Rein’s forgiveness, so it was only fair to subtract that from the price. Or maybe throw in a couple. “Two of each coming right up!” He scooped out the pair for Rein first before turning to Alessia, “You want the rest in separate boxes or just in one?” He decided on waiting until Amelia and Oliver were talked into accepting Alessia's gift before spliting their cut. At this point he noted the coins and though he wasn't sure, it seemed too much, so with his free hand he split enough to cover Rein's sweets. "I never decided on how much the discount was for two of each so that seems about right."

Something strange had been happening over both Alessia and Rein’s shoulders while Max was sorting out sweets. Visitors were perplexingly parting in an almost drastic seam for reasons that escaped him. But when the cause of this commotion came forward Max understood. Nobody wanted to risk being in the way of a walking talking time bomb. Wait. Is she coming this way?

You..

Oh no.

…Alleviate these sayings now.

Say please.

Maxwell nearly shattered every tooth clamping his trap shut. A snarky remark would not have ended well for Max, this he knew. Miraculously he managed to keep the effort hidden with nothing less than herculean effort. Which coincidentally was about how much the woman was holding back her frustration. How somebody could contain so much venom was a mystery to the lowly baker. But boy he wanted to poke the bear, and he might have done it had the woman not been trying her best to conceal her exasperation. Max found it admirable and did his best to cheerfully answer.

“I serve coffee sometimes, its not the best though. Unfortunately my little stand didn’t come with an extension cord or outlet so I’m no good out here. I s’pose if you want I can heat up the half pot I didn’t finish this morning if you’re in a hurry, or I can make you a fresh one. Ah I should introduce myself, my name’s Max.” He would have extended a hand had he the confidence that he would get it back.

The young adventurer had responded afterwards which perplexed Max. He didn’t give a reply, although something about the way young Rei spoke interested the baker enough to make a mental note. It gave him a momentarily uneasiness that was impossible to explain. But once more it was Alessia that shook Max from whatever brief funk that threatened to come over him. She had asked for a dance, which pleasantly surprised Max.

He answered warmly, “It would be my pleasure Aless.”

Spring 6th | Flower Festival | Flower Dance

Spring 6th

Spring 6th | 7pm | Clear | Flower Festival

The stalls were swarming with crowds of people all day, locals and visitors a like and even now that the sun was just starting to set the festival was still very much alive. After all. The main event was yet to start. The Flower Dance.

People had been either biting the bullet and asking for a dance with their person of choice or for most, making use of the wooden box adorned in flowers that sat next to the stage. The decider of where those without a partner would be once the evening time arrived. Through out the day, villager had been popping their names into the box or in the case of some, having a good friend volunteer them for the event without their knowledge.

As the dance was drawing nearer the band was just beginning to set their instruments up. Leaving the stage open for a familiar white and fluffy creature to be brought up on stage by a pink haired woman in a floral dress, clearly in an attempt to be festive for the occasion. The large white dog sat next to the woman, his tail wagging excitedly as he wore a handkerchief around his neck that matched the floral pattern the woman was wearing. She stepped forward. Tapping the mic in front of her to test it before speaking.

"Good Evening Everyone~" She began in a cheery tone which was followed by a bark from the white dog next to her "I'm sure we are all excited about the Flower dance as we always are. If you could all gather around, that would be great, thank you~" She asked with a slight pause after, giving those around enough time to make it near the stage in the village square. Once content with the amount of people gathered she smiled "Alright!" She started as she clasped her hands together in front of her "For visitors here, the locals call me Evelyn and with me is our town mascot, Mayor Bork. I will be the announcer and Mayor Borks handler for the evening" she gestured towards the dog as he stood up and nudged her side with his nose before looking out towards the crowd.

She had paused once more to leave room for a small applause for the mascot before continuing. "At the start of festival, we placed this little box at the stage for this wishing to dance and I've seen a lot of paper go into it so I'm excited to see who had decided to take part in this years dance!...If you would Mayor Bork?" As she finished get sentence the white dog trotted to the side of the stage and lifted the box in his mouth by the handle and brought it over. Evelyn praised the dog with quick ruffle of his fur before taking the box from his mouth. "Thank you!" She spoke to the dog as he sat beside her calmly "Let's see here..." With that she began to pull out names and call them out in pairs....

Lumina and Sam
Amelia
and Hunter
Caroline
and Ren
Rose
and Thomas
Val
and Rhys
Rein
and Caleb
Mao
and Vivi
Emily
and Ryan

After calling the names out, Evelyn seemed to have more paper in her hands with a raised eyebrow. "Well... it looks like we'll need to stick a limit on how many times one name can be put in next year..." she commented with a laugh before looking towards the audience gathering at the stage once more "Either way. Those are our pairs for this year! Don't worry about dance steps just remember to have fun!" She assured but stopped "Though there always is a small prize for those who dance the best. Don't forget that" she added with a grin "Enjoy the dance everyone!~" she finished with a quick bow as Mayor Bork copied her bow in his own doggie way before both walked off stage. The band seemed ready to go by the time she left and already the music was starting up...

Last edited:

OgpgDaB.png

tumblr_nktk88bH0M1r4jf9no1_r1_540.gif

Lumina had spent a good portion of the day exploring the festival with the group that had gathered outside the cafe around noon. Lumina tried her best to check out what the local festivals had to offer whenever they had them, but she didn't often get the chance to experience them with a group like this. Usually, it was her perusing the stalls and the games and the decorations on her own, though that was partly her own fault for not doing more to reach out to others. She had a bad habit of not doing that in times when it could really matter the most. How was she supposed to find friends or someone to fall in love with if she just kept isolating herself during the times that she could really grow close to someone new? Thankfully, it seemed like half the village had unknowingly come to her this time around, since the crowd seemed to come out of nowhere once she parked herself outside the cafe to wait for Noah. Unfortunately, Noah ended up getting caught up in some personal business, so they hadn't been able to hang out at the festival like they had initially planned, but it was alright. She understood all too well how that song and dance went, and it wasn't like she was along in checking out the festival this time around.

The blacksmith made a point to make sure to include Ren and Emilia in the activities of the festival. It seemed they had moved into town only days ago, and were still familiarizing themselves with their new home. Not wanting them to be overwhelmed, Lumina did her best to be as welcoming and friendly as she could as she also gave a mini town tour as they moved about the village to see the festival. To her delight they both seemed to have a good time, and she could only hope that she could help them feel more at home, even if just a little. As far as she knew, this place was and always had been her home. She knew she wasn't born here, so she wanted to make every new resident feel the same way she did about Kore if she could. As they explored the festival, Lumina also tried her best to get Emily out of her shell a bit. She didn't pry as to why Emily was so shy around people all the time, but she hated to think that the girl would be uncomfortable around the people here. Everyone was so kind and generous in the town, maybe one day she'd be less skittish. At least she seemed to relax a bit as the festival went on. Hunter, of course, was right at home. The two had grown up together, and had seen festivals together during the years when they both weren't working. He was the type of boy to get along with everyone, a trait she really admired in him. And though it did surprise her a bit, she was still very glad that Dr. Rhys had stuck around to see the festival with all of them. It wasn't often that she got to see him outside of the clinic, and she was quite fond of him, so it was a nice surprise. And then there was Mr. Note Scribbler, whoever he was. He didn't seem to be interested in actually enjoying the festival, so Lumina didn't really pay him much mind.

tumblr_nlhom6LEWZ1rxhcsqo1_500.gif

The sun was starting to dip lower in the sky, signifying that it was starting to get late. That meant it was time for Lumina to get ready to start performing for the dance. She said her goodbyes and made her way with her violin case to the stage, clambering up the stairs with a sort of renewed vigor. She had performed for festivals before, but this one felt a little different somehow. Maybe it was because she had just had a wonderful day exploring the festival with a group of people? Who knows. But either way, she had a lot more energy and motivation to begin the rehearsals than she normally did. All of this energy, however, was masking the small pull of tightness that was starting to grow in her chest, and Lumina didn't even notice it. Either that, or she did notice it and didn't bother to do anything about it. Rehearsals seemed to fly by, and the bad agreed that they were prepared enough to let the dance announcements begin. Lumina stood to the back of the stage as Evelyn and Mayor Bork gave their announcements about the festival and that the dance would begin soon. The announcements reminded Lumina about the dance drawing ballot box that she had somehow totally overlooked. Well, not entirely. It was hard to ignore when it was posted up in the village square for everyone to drop their names into if they wanted a partner to dance with. She hadn't bothered to put her name in the box since she knew she'd be performing, so she didn't see any reason to. And besides, it's not like anyone was going to draw her name and want to actually dance with her. By the time that Evelyn had actually announced the names, Lumina was prepping with the band to begin playing, so she didn't notice that her name (and Sam's) was one of the first to be called. Even if she had, she wouldn't have had time to think about it much, because the music had begun to play.

The music started with a gentle piano melody line in a 6/8 time signature. The dance this year was a waltz tempo, a really good partner dance style. Perfect for an event like this. Of course, there were no requirements to do a certain type of dance during the festival, but there always was some sort of small prize given to the couple who was deemed to have danced the best. The waltz was something she was somewhat familiar with, mainly due to all of the music she had practiced that followed the rhythm, and all of the living room dances she did with her dad to her mother's playing. The solo piano melody then slowed down to a halt, just before the rest of the ensemble came in with the typical down-up-up accompaniment of the song. That meant it was her turn to take over the melody and show the fruits of her labors of her practicing. Lumina took a moment to inhale and exhale as she placed her bow upon the strings, smiling as she looked out onto the crowd of villagers that had gathered for the dance. This was for them. With that, Lumina began to play, and the dance had officially begun.

Extra Info

Date/Time: Spring 6 | 7pm

Weather: Clear

Mood:
Happy

Playing violin

Objective:
Play violin for the Flower Dance

Ryan loved festivals. It was a chance for everyone to come together and celebrate. He remembered watching the villagers participate in the summer festivals when him and Rose were children. Now they were getting to participate in a festival together as adults. The man had a smile on his face, emerald eyes shining with excitement as the two of them looked at the stalls, and cheering echoed through the air. He was even "dressed up" in a green button up shirt and blue jeans instead of his gray t-shirt and blue jeans. The Flower Festival was especially fun since the big event was dancing, a small detail he left out when explaining to his dear sister. He also left out the fact that he submitted her name into the box so she was going to have dance now. He technically was her big brother by a whopping five minutes so obviously he knew what was best for her. She'd thank him later.

Rose of course had no idea that her brother had already withheld two extremely important details from her. She had assumed the festival was just about flowers and celebrating spring. Following Ryan's advice beforehand Rose dressed up in a white sundress and sporting a red rose hair clip that she bought from one of the stalls. Before she knew it the sun was already starting to set and the mayor was calling for them to approach the square. Rose assumed that the mayor was going to thank them for coming and end the festival. However much to Rose's surprise the mayor announced that the dance would be starting and pulled out slips of paper from the box. What was even more surprising was somehow her name magically got called and she didn't even put her name in. It wasn't too hard to figure out what happened.

"Ryan.....please don't tell me you've been lying to me this entire time and then put my name in the box so now I have to dance or risk looking like a jerk to the entire community." Rose whispered angrily. Ryan laughed and grinned as he simply nodded in response to his sister. "I hate you. I can't believe I'm even related to such a terrible person. You know I can't dance! Why on earth would you sign me up?" Rose asked. "Because it's fun and obviously you weren't going to do it unless I did it for you so you're welcome." Ryan answered. As much as she wanted to punch Ryan now was unfortunately the time. "Can you at least point me to the poor unfortunate man that I get the pleasure of explaining this mess too?" Rose asked with a sigh, glaring at her brother.

"Thomas is the librarian. I don't know him terribly well but you both like to read so that's something right? He's right over there." Ryan said and nodded towards Thomas. "Remember to relax and have fun!" Ryan said cheerfully and gently pushed his sister towards Thomas. Rose took a deep breath in and exhaled as she slowly started to walk towards the man. The music, a waltz, only made her feel even more nervous. The sooner they got this over with the better. Hopefully her partner wasn't too keen on winning the prize. "Excuse me...are you Thomas?" Rose asked tentatively.

Happy that his scheme went without a hitch Ryan went to go find Emily. He'd seen her around since she was a waitress at the bar. She was pretty quite and mostly kept to herself. Still Ryan was excited to dance and have a good time, hopefully his dance partner was too. After a couple minutes he eventually found the blond waitress. "Hi Emily." he greeted warmly and smiled. "Would you care to dance?" he asked and offered his hand. Considering what he did to Rose it probably wasn't a bad idea to see if Emily even wanted to dance.

----
Ryan
Mood: Happy, Relaxed
Interactions: Pik Pik

Rose
Mood: Nervous
Interactions: Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne

• Ashe.Duran.full.2688209.png
    Date: Friday, Spring 6th || Flower Festival
    Time: 7pm || Evening

Interacting With:
    Amelia ( Nona Nona )
    Mentions:
    Max ( screaming armadillo screaming armadillo ) Alessia and Mirko, Lumina ( Lumina Lumina ), Ren and Emilia ( Archdemon Archdemon ), Olivers ( GrieveWriter GrieveWriter ), Rein ( MiraAutumn MiraAutumn ), Emily ( Pik Pik ),
    ~ Dance Floor ~
    Merry-Go-Round (Festival Music) || Hunter’s CS File
    Hunter was having a delightful time at the festival. While the group was large he left most of the showing around to Lumina who looked to be wildly enjoying herself. He stepped in every once in a while when he felt like truly hopping into the history of things. After being in the town for all his life he could easily tell quite a few stories. Decades of traditions and the slow growth and change of the town were written in its festivals. Every so often he’d point out something that had been changed from year to year.

He’d stopped by Max’s stall at one point to buy some sweets only to find that Alessia had apparently bought them some. He passed some over to Lumina and then gave his choice to Emily after buying a few for Rhys and their new residents. He even offered one to the tall man as they saw him again. The festival should be peaceful and happy for everyone, even if the people themselves weren’t inclined to celebrate.

He was nervous about the dance later on. He didn’t want to skip it, practically couldn’t as he always danced, but this year Alessia was already dancing with someone else, that someone was Max now there was a cute couple, and Lumina would be playing the music. Granted he thinks Mirko would probably join him if he wasn’t spending so much time confused by the fact that Alessia had actually asked someone. Geez if his parents were here they’d tell him off for not asking anyone this year.

Naturally, that meant he needed to make sure that the box was loaded up with names he knew. About halfway into their tour of the festival Hunter took advantage of the crowds to sneak to the flower festival box. He wrote his name down, as well as 10 Lumina’s, 5 Emily’s, 5 Rhys’, 5 Rein’s, Max was free this year since he’d be taking Aless but everyone else was fair game. He waited until he thought no one was watching and let the numerous papers fall into the ballot box. It should be fine his Papa always volunteered his dad’s name numerous times trying to get him to dance with the entire town. He only got banned from writing in it the two years after.

----

Hours later far after he rejoined the group and finished the day strong it was time for the dance. As he got to the dancefloor prepared to dance the night away he had taken the time to look towards the ballot box, as he expected it was quite a bit fuller than usual. Good, he wouldn’t be the odd one out, everyone would dance today. He even threw in Mirko’s name for fun but it seemed he was the unlucky odd man out as he paired with a tourist woman, or lucky as they seemed to be having plenty of fun speaking with each other.

He heard his name come out called with Amelia. Lucky! He knew who she was and she was a sweet person from the times they had met. Hunter put his things to the side and shed his sweater, which had seen better days, leaving him in his usual slacks and the tuxedo shirt. He was only just realizing how foolish it looked without the jacket but the sweater was no replacement. He could practically hear his dad’s cackling in the back of his head, god he hoped neither of his cousins had a camera. He’d been both a person who cared too much but also took it too lax and it showed. Oh well, it was time to bite the bullet.

He walked over to where he spotted Amelia and taking advantage of the ballroom atmosphere did a bit of a bow. The dancing wasn’t the worrying part, the worrying part was the other dancers. He knew by now that a fair few would often only look at their feet and not anyone else's. But above all, it was about fun and he would enjoy making sure that his partner would enjoy the night. He’d be a perfect gentleman, just as he was with Alessia, while aiming to steal the spotlight.

“Lady Amelia. Would you care for a dance?”

He said the words with a cheesy smile obviously playing up the atmosphere.

large.jpg
Emily's time at the festival was going fine at least. The group she found her self where kind to her, but she found her self mostly staying near both Lumina and Hunter most of the time. Hunter became she already came to be used to the presence of her landlord back at the inn and Lumina was sweet like very sweet, she didn't seem to mind when ever Emily hid behind her and was very considerate when approaching her. The others where nice too but she didn't spend as much time with them as she did the other two.

Once the dance started Emily hid behind a nearby box so she can watch Luminas performance. After a while a woman came on stage and started to call out names for the dance, though she was taught how to dance back when her tutor was still given her lessons, she never really felt confident in it do to all ways being corrected in her steps. So needless to say she wasn't about to go singing up for something that will obviously embarrass her in front of so many people, in front a crowd no less. And then the unthinkable happened her name was called, a sudden burst of panic came over the young flower. She was certain she never signed up maybe it was for a different Emily after a few moments no one stepped forward yep that was definitely for her. Who would of done such a thing no doubt but to embarrass her and now that she thinks about it Hunter did briefly disappear earlier.

Emily felt a slight blush form on her face would anyone think bad about her if she just didn't show up. Maybe she can run away now when no one is looking. And just as that thought entered her head, her partner had already found her. It was Ryan she had seen him a few times back at the cafe but she never would of thought he could recognize her out side of her work but here he is, well no going back now your going to make a fool out of your self regardless. "Ah um guess I don't really have a choice now do I." She blushes takeing his hand and follows him out to the dance floor.

stepherz345 stepherz345
Lumina Lumina BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

Milo Mooney
Location - Village Square
Mentions - Violin Angel who isn't actually an Angel ( Lumina Lumina )
Interactions - Open​

sorcerewsdgfssrdf.png

All was quiet aside from one central area of the village from where a robed figure wandered. Clutching a slip of paper with directions, and dragging along a duffle suitcase, he assessed the scene around him. He had requested a room at an inn from the area but so far he was having trouble finding said inn even after hours of searching...Granted he was in the wrong town at first but that was beside the point. Slowly he set the bag to the ground, his shoulders starting to ache from hauling the bag all over the place. Maybe he had died? That was always a possibility-- perhaps he was a wandering spirit, doomed to forever be lost in an unfamiliar town?

Pulling off the hood of his robe, Milo glanced once more before staring at his hands. If he was a wandering spirit, would he see himself as translucent or would he still look solid to himself? If he was doomed to forever be lost, would the fact he was self-aware no longer make him a lost spirit? From this deduction, Milo had no choice but to conclude that he was in fact not a spirit as he was pretty sure making a spirit aware of their state would cause them to move on. . . at least that is what he decided to believe since the other theory wasn't as favorable.

That's when he heard it, off in the distance a faint melody. Once again the idea of him being dead and lured to the light to pass on came to mind-- regardlessly if this was his time or if there was just an event going on, it'd be good to follow the music. One last adjustment of his red robes, and holsting up his bag onto his shoulder once more, Milo went towards the music. Amazingly enough, the closer he got the more lively things became and it had finally dawned on him.

The Flower Festival

Now that he thought about it . . . what day was it? He saw a few flyers about it around and it was mentioned in the other town about the festivities but he didn't know that today was the 6th. So he could confidently confirm that he was in fact not a wandering spirit and that there was simply an event going on. Now that he had actually reached where the event was happening he could already see some people starting to dance, and a lady on the stage playing the song that had lured him here. If he didn't know any better, she could have been an angel who was sent down to give him a sign-- but he did know better, and angels did not play the violin.

Nonetheless, this was a pleasant surprise. The atmosphere seemed to breathe in some newfound energy to him, carrying his bag much more boldly as he edged closer to get an eyeful of the colorful scenery.

• Samuel Krauss •

7f2f371f-e9ca-4322-a293-5f998a1276a8-jpeg.615169

Samuel had kept his stall open for most of the afternoon but like he did most years he closed his stall that little bit early to enjoy the festivities and this year he had an extra job to do. Make sure Amelia did as well. The young nurse always seemed to be conveniently busy during festivals but with even the clinic closed today he was able to pull her along...Not right away though. He had a few other things to take care of before collecting her from hovering around Max's stall. The hurricane that he was convinced was going to snap his neck if he didn't either give her coffee or send her in the direction of it and had crashed through Max's stall instead. The poor guy had went off to try pacify the small angry woman as best he could. Sam felt a little guilty that he was the one left with the mess... Maybe he'd give him some free eggs and butter for baking as a sorry or something since he was one of the ones to send her that way...

After closing up he had visited the wooden box next to the stage but had to wait his turn first as Hunter had reached it first. Stuffing in way more papers than people that were even in the village probably. That was sure to be counted as rigging or something. The thought made him chuckle as he hung back waiting for the white haired male to leave. Once he did Samuel slipped over to the box to pop two names in. His own, of course. He didn't know who he wanted to ask but hell was he planning on joining in regardless and Amelia. She probably wouldn't be happy...on the outside anyway. He could read her well enough. She loved this kind of stuff deep down, she just hated embarrassing herself so she didnt get involved in things in case she would. She'd be secretly disappointed if she didn't get a dance, he was sure of it.

Deciding his good deed was done for the day, he had decided to collect Amelia and take her around the rest of the festival in the meantime. Go through all of the stalls see some if the games, that kind of thing. Once the time for the dance had arrived, the two had made their way to view the stage. Evelyn was already pulling those names out and getting confused with how many duplicates there were. Samuel snorted a laugh remembering what he had spotted earlier.

His name was called first along with Lumina. Again he would have taken any partner but he was still glad it was Lumina. She was cheerful and bubbly and most likely a blast to dance with. She was too busy focusing on her violin first. He'd have to find a break in the strings part of the band to pull her down at some stage then, he didn't mind that though.

The next names were Amelia and Hunter. Did he remember to break the news gently?...This was Samuel. Of course he didn't. Amelia was facing the stage but he could almost visualise the confusion then panic on her face, then discontent when she would click that it was him who caused the her name being added. She had spun on her heel to face him as he just offered a nonchalant smile. Her mouth even opening to accuse him but before she could, her attention had been snatched by her dance partner. Hunter was pulling out the full gentleman act too it seemed. No way she would reject that. With an amused expression he stepped back to take his leave and be saved from Amelia's scolding. Besides the music had well started and it was almost time to snatch his dance partner from the stage if he could.

Right now, she was playing her part of the arraignment and she looked as though she was enjoying every minute of it. He wondered how her name ended up in the box because he wasnt sure she knew she was in it...it was probably Hunter they were pretty close after all.

He stood with his hands in his pockets waiting for a gap and once he had found a time that she was taking her break in the song he had grinned, swiftly hopping up onto the the stage and holding out his hand to lead her down off of the stage. "Lumina! Do you feel like joining me for a dance?" He had asked once he was there, obviously looking pretty enthusiastic about joining in and hoping that he had picked a break long enough for him to ask, luckily he had.

Interactions | Lumina ( Lumina Lumina )
Mentions | N/A

Last edited:

• Amelia Krauss •

a3305cef-9534-4dd1-b282-0f86fdab6ce8-jpeg.611963

Amelia had taken a few steps back when the caffeine starved woman charged the stall. She had really hoped whatever it was was wasn't a regular occurrence by the look of the other villagers it certainly wasn't. At least Max had tried his hardest to diffuse the situation and not long after Samuel had led her off to the other stalls and attractions at the festival. Spouting something about getting the full festival experience. She supposed the atmosphere really was something. Outside caffeine disasters of course. Perhaps this really was one to keep the calendar open for next year.

Hearing Evelyn begin her announcement Amelia had followed Sam to the middle of the village square where she was about to announce the dance. Amelia knew sam was going to be involved so she was about to get ready to take her spot in the sidelines until she heard her name being called...What?! She hadn't put her name into the box. She hadn't been asked for a dance either. She didnt even take in who the other person was after panicking over her own name. Was she even dressed right? Well she was in a dress already so maybe? Should she tie her hair up? Would it get in the way? What if she forgot how to dance? It had been a while since she had to do anything close to the spring dance... She looked towards the stage wide eyed as it quickly clicked what was going on...

Samuel. Of course he'd shove her name in, he knew she wouldn't agree to this herself. And just as she predicted upon turning around with a narrowed gaze Samuel was smiling down at her like he was innocent in this situation. "Sam! Di-" before she could even finish her dance partner had arrived for her. She turned to Hunter, who had given Samuel enough time to make his quick exit from her accusations.

She blinked a few times as he had bowed a little to her. "Oh! Hunter!" She had began to answer with a slight laugh. He must have been her partner. It was someone she knew, they had only met a few times but it relaxed her that they had met before at all and she wasnt paired with a tourist she knew nothing about or something.

The cheesy smile and words had definitely sliced the awkwardness in it's own strange way too as it managed to pull an amused smile from the young nurse, helping her worry subside a bit. The request overall had worked it's charm it seemed. The music was already starting too. Besides, it would be more than rude to reject after it was called out in front of everyone, she wouldn't dream of such a thing, so she accepted "Thank you, I would~" she answered as she had stepped towards him with a smile and a nod.

Interactions | Hunter ( BriiAngelic BriiAngelic )
Mentions | N/A

Last edited:

Magic Loving Librarian
Thomas Pasquerella
SPOILER_Pengruoxibh.png
Thomas had allowed himself to get lost in the festivities of the festival throughout the afternoon, willingly forgetting he had left the gone out to lunch sign on the entrance to the library. But who was going to show up today anyways? Between the sweets, people, and flowers it didn't quite matter to the old fashioned bookworm as he strode around in his old-timey robes. Indeed he took in all there was not just to personally enjoy it but perhaps keep a record on it for those that wished to read about it in years to come. Of course, Thomas didn't know in the slightest who he could ask to dance to he left it up to lady luck, throwing his name into the box around midafternoon.

By seven Thomas had had his fill of the stalls and was wondering when the dancing would begin. Half wanting to go back to the library, half being held there by his curiosity, Thomas has about to flip a coin when Evelyn brought the mayor out onto the stage. She gave her pleasant pleasantries, then got to the box, which Thomas eyed like it was going to tell him the future. Well, in a way it was. Names were pulled, some of them people he knew, some known only in passing, and others he did know at all. Then there was his partner. Her name fell into the third category, not known at all. That would have been a setback, a bump in the proverbial road if the girl hadn't found him herself. Which was a nice turn of events seeing as he didn't have to put any effort into searching.

"Yes, I am Thomas, and I'm throwing a guess to the wind and assuming you are Rose? Or are roses simply what you keep in your hair?" Thomas answered Rose's question in kind with not one, but who of his own. His warmhearted tone was genuine as he spoke to the girl that was 5 inches shorter than himself. "But I guess it would be better to ask: Would you mind if I took this dance? I do not seek the prize, lest it is the dance itself." Upon saying that Thomas broke into a childlike smile as he twirled his hand at his wrist, not one, not two, but three times as to add a slight flair to his movements and offered his hand to Rose with a slight bow at the waist.

Information

Mood: Calm

Interacting with: Rose

Clearly Emily had not signed herself up for the dance. She seemed flustered and embarrassed, much like his dear sister. Still the fact that she accepted his offer was a good sign! Ryan smiled as they headed out onto the dance floor. "Well you do have a choice. I'm glad you chose to accept. Otherwise I would've had to dance with Mayor Bork. Now that would've been a site to see." Ryan joked and chuckled. The fisherman didn't actually care how good or terrible of a dancer Emily was. Hell he didn't even care about winning the prize. He just hoped the small talk would ease any uneasiness she felt as he gently placed his right hand on her upper back and held her hand with his left. Her hand felt soft and smooth compared to his large and rough hands. Working on the boat and fish scales

On the outside Ryan was all smiles, his facial expression warm and comforting but on the inside Ryan was a little nervous himself. Ryan didn't know much about the mysterious waitress and he didn't want to offend or make her uncomfortable in anyway. He also hoped he didn't disappoint or worse, step on her feet! Ryan made sure to leave some space between but still close enough so they dance. The duo was soon joined with the other pairings, his sister and Thomas being one of them. "Don't worry about stepping on my feet or anything. Let's just have fun, shall we?" Ryan asked happily, a sparkle of confidence in his eyes as he started to lead.

Ryan started out slow. First he stepped forward with his right foot. Then he moved towards the right gently guiding her along. It didn't take long for Ryan to remember the moves and get back into the swing of things. He felt himself start to relax and couldn't help but smile. "How you feeling partner?" Ryan asked. "Let me know if I'm going too fast." Ryan added as he took a step back.

----

Rose's first impression of the librarian was unexpected. She was intrigued and felt herself start to relax as he spoke. He simply wanted to dance and didn't care about actually winning the prize. She smiled as he twirled his wrist in a rather extravagant manner and bowed, offering his hand to her. In response Rose curtsied and smiled before taking his hand. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance Thomas. You guessed correctly, I am the one and the same. I happily accept your request to a dance." Rose responded.

As they neared the dance floor she could feel the nerves start to crawl back. Her face slowly turning red and her heart started to race. "I do however have a small confession." Rose admitted with an nervous chuckle. "You see my brother Ryan, actually put my name in the box without my knowledge. While I'm delighted to partake in the festivities, I don't know much about dancing." Rose confessed sheepishly. She placed her left hand on his shoulder and held his right hand with hers, glad that she at least knew this much. She could perform intricate surgery on a variety of animals but doing something as simple as dancing? No. "I'll do my best not to step on your feet." Rose added, hopeful that he wouldn't be too disappointed.

Interactions: Pik Pik Tobi Naefaerne Tobi Naefaerne

large.jpg
She almost choked Ryan and the mayor having to dance now that would be a site to see. She smiles looking up at him "hehe that would be pretty funny." His hands where rather rough, she never really thought about it before but her skin is really soft is that a good or bad thing the waitress wondered. Emily tried to reach for his right shoulder, but considering the fact she was about the same size of an average middle school girl it looked more like a child trying to reach for a high shelf then someone trying to preform a proper dance. So she settled for just grabbing his waist instead. Ryan started there dance right making sure they moved in the right direction, he was actually pretty good at this. "Your actually pretty good not to fast at no this is just right." She smiled answering his question it was almost for that moment she forgotten about the creepy crowd around her and finally she let's her training from back home take over as she starts moving them a bit to the and gose for a short spin.

stepherz345 stepherz345

Valente
Interacting: Rhys AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat
It was nice simple walking about and enjoying what the festival had to offer. He found out about the little box to put your name in case you wanted to dance, but had no one to ask. He didn't really know anyone here yet except for Caleb and he didn't want to bother him anymore than he already had. As he watched the opening speech he felt like he made a good choice in actually coming out instead of staying inside of his apartment. That is until he realized he had no clue who he was suppose to be dancing with. Well, he could see who all else paired up with then ask those who were left if they knew who his dance partner was suppose to be. Then again he didn't want to have his partner wait as that seemed unfair to him simple because he didn't know.

Looking around he spotted someone, hopefully they knew who his partner was. Walking over to them he kept making sure that no one else would be just in case he accidentally stops them from getting their dance partner. Once he figured either they weren't dancing or maybe their partner was running late he was already next to them. "Excuse me, I'm sorry if i'm interrupting anything. I'm new and ah, I don't really know who my partner is. I'm Valente by the way," he didn't want them to get the wrong impression that he didn't want to introduce himself. "Do you know who Rhys is?" he really hoped he could find his partner soon.

Caleb
Mentioning: Silver Fae Silver Fae
After hearing the announcement of the dance partners, Caleb smirks as he runs his hand through his lengthy curls. Finally he would get to show himself, and his dance partner, off to the festival. Now to find Rein. He wandered around a bit until he found the pink-haired townie by one of the stalls. As he approached, he called out to him.

"Well, hello, Rein!" he said. "Looks like you got the good end of the deal as far as partners go." He gives an exaggerated bow with a flourish and a charismatic smirk. "And may I say, I can already tell we'll be the best looking pair at the dance."

Ren and Emilia Westerly
Mentions/Interactions: Pik Pik Lumina Lumina BriiAngelic BriiAngelic AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat Nona Nona

When the group headed towards the festival, it was something unlike anything Ren and Emilia had experienced. They've been to festivals yes, but this one was different.... more open and friendly. It was as if you were treated as a kindly neighbor even if you were just visiting. Emilia had fun, more fun than Ren's ever seen her have in a long time, which was refreshing. Ren himself was happy and smiling. He barely got to know Hunter, but in the time they spent he knew enough to know he was a good man. The Doc Rhys was friendlier than most other doctors they've visited, maybe it's the small town atmosphere. Lumina was very bright and active, more than Ren took her for, still she was a welcomed addition of acquaintances. Emily seemed to mostly be a quiet person, so he hoped that maybe they could talk at a later point, once she was comfortable with talking to him.

Then came the big moment everyone had been looking forward to, the Dance. Ren wanted to sit out because he felt he would... disrupt it with his general appearance. So Ren decided to sit this out and let everyone enjoy themselves. He saw Emilia walk up to the box and put a piece of paper in it, and him being the fool though she was going to Dance. So when the speaker and the... Wait the mayor is a dog!? Or is it the mascot? Ren was so confused that he barely noticed his name was called alongside the speaker Evelyn. Wait his name was called? Emilia.... Turning to go look for her, he noticed she was nowhere to be seen. Sighing Ren looked around and left towards his house, hoping to change real quick for a proper dancing uniform.

Meanwhile...
669344802db4d94acf2ac69dc527fc46.jpg
Emilia was on the prowl, looking for next victim of pure, unadulterated, pranks! And by pranks she meant whoops Cushions.... a whole lot of them... all she had to do was find the perfect target couple....

37cdf10eb53b0dd48e5913888a53994a.jpg

While Emilia was busy with pranking, Ren had no choice but to find Evelyn, where ever they were. Well at least this gives him the chance to touch up on his classical dancing skills. So with that, he returned to the crowd of people looking for their dance partners. Ren looked around for a bit, until he found the girl standing all alone, well as alone as one can be with a dog at their side. With a sigh, he walked over to the girl, extended his hand and bowed towards her.

"Evelyn Correct? I'm Ren. Care for a dance?"

Last edited:
Dr. Stockwell
Interaction: screaming armadillo screaming armadillo
Dr. Stockwell glared at Max as he explained, honestly one would expect a tiny little town like this to understand its wares better. If Wonder Co. ever did set up a storefront here, the first thing she'd do was recommend stocking the place with a coffee dispensary. But that was for the future, right now she'd found a source of caffeine that would just have to do. So finally she leaned away from the table and pulled out a wallet before looking through it. Finally, her eyes went back to Max, "Heat the pot, quantity outdoes quality at the moment."

Snapping her wallet closed, she gestured for him to hop to it, "By all means, lead the way." she stated before her grip on the wallet tightened "But don't think this is an excuse to charge extra, I know when I'm getting tugged about!"

Dr. Troy & Billy T.
scientist_by_clock_dream_daqmifp-pre.jpegDREuD1kVwAEZ2mb.jpg
Locations: Festival Dance
Interaction: Archdemon Archdemon
Dr. Troy caught glimpses of his partner as the festival went on, but he was more interested in surveying this flower dance that they were speaking of. That little announcement had caused him to raise and eyebrow. Mayor Bork? Where was the real Mayor? He supposed it didn't matter, all of this was just formality anyway. Speaking of formality, as he moved around he reminded himself to locate the Inn's owner before the day was done. If his partner had her way, they'd believing like hermits just to stay away from everyone. While Dr. Troy wasn't the most social person, he still refused to let her besmirch his standing all in the name of her little complex. They could park the van nearby and rent out rooms like sane individuals. Perhaps a closer proximity would keep the locals from getting flustered by their presence.

One could only hope.

At the mentions of a dance, Dr. Troy rolled his eyes before moving away from the stage. He had no time for dancing even if he were interested, and he had far more important things to do. That being said, he skirted along the edge of the crowd keeping along with his record keeping. He hadn't seen his partner in a while, but figured that only meant she wasn't making a scene so-

"Oi! Why ya so tall?"

Dr. Troy paused before glancing behind to see a familiar little hellion pinching at his trousers. Her other hand held a thermos close to her chest as she looked up at him with a big-toothed grin, "It cause other lady stretch ya like rubber band?"

"What?" Dr. Troy shook his head before gesturing towards her with his pen, "No. Go... be somewhere else, child."

"Whatcha writin' 'bout?" she walked around and tried hopping up to see his clipboard "Writin' alls about the festival, are ya?"

"It doesn't matter what I'm writing." Dr. Troy stated as he continued his record-keeping "It doesn't concern you so-"

"Ah!" she raised a hand and pointed to the stage before grinning back at him "You's writin all types of mushy lovey songs for them dummies up there, eh? Adults always like dumb stuff like that instead of makin the monies!"

Dr. Troy stopped writing, closed his eyes, then sighed, "I'm going to walk away from you now." he stated turning and putting distance between him and the child "Know that no matter where I go, the lack of your presence will be a most welcome boon."

"Bye bye!" Billy T. waved after him "Have funs with ya kissy stories, Mister!"

Looking away from him to the stage, Billy T. watched for a moment before sticking her tongue out and walking away. Since the festival was coming to a close after the Dance, she knew the boys should be packing up soon. They didn't have much reason to stick around when the monies start drying up, plus they'd sold a good chunk of their stock. She'd checked up on them occasionally, waving off their concerns and smirking whenever she saw that less of their stuff was there.

Popping open her Thermos, Billy T. was about to take a sip when she spotted another little girl looking mighty suspicious moving amongst the crowd. Billy T. was all about random sticking her nose where it didn't belong, and so did the proper thing of casually following behind her with another grin.

Doctor Rhys W. Wright

The aura of the area was almost magical as the Flower Dance began to start at the evening's golden hour. After a splendid afternoon exploring the festival, which included biting the bullet and putting his name in the partner box, he split from the group so he could change into a nicer outfit. Rhys had to look at least decent for whomever he'd be dancing with that night. Now, he stood in the back of the crowd, arriving just in time for Evelyn and the Mayor's speech. Although, admittedly, he couldn't resist just staring at Bork and thinking about what a good boy he was. As the dance partners were announced, his attention piqued as he was assigned to a person named Val.

After Evelyn had finished, he leaned against a wall to wait as the others went and searched for their partners, and perhaps afterwards it'd be easier to find his. He looked on as the others talked with their partners, and heard a voice speaking next to him. He turned towards them, spotting a brown haired man who was a little bit shorter than him. Rhys propped himself back onto his feet as he listened. This man were looking for... him. Rhys gave a smirk, they must be Val. Alright, then, time to bust out the old Wright charm. Rhys took off his sunglasses as he began to speak, starting to make eye contact. "Well, you must be a very perceptive person, or a very lucky guesser. You must be Val. I'm Rhys Wright, your partner, its a pleasure to meet you." He held out his hand as he paused. "And, it'd be an honor to dance with you on this wonderful evening."

Mood: Delighted

Tags: NighttimeForest NighttimeForest
download20190505131701-png.582256
code by @Goldieloxx

Rein Laviope

Kisumi-Shigino-Free-Eternal-Summer.jpg
Interactions: screaming armadillo screaming armadillo BriiAngelic BriiAngelic jadafun jadafun

Time flew by quickly whilst enjoying the festival. After being given a generous discount by Max, Rein decided to repay the favour by allowing him and his dance partner to enjoy some time together. Not to mention Max likely hadn't even seen half the entertainments the festival had to offer. He remembered forcibly pulling the baker away from his popular stall and handing him over to Alessia, who he was also indebt to for the free sweets. Running the stall itself wasn't particularly hard, considering the rush of customers seemed to subside as daylight began to dim. Although the pastries didn't have labels, it was easy enough to figure out what they were, especially with Reins prior knowledge.

After a few hours or so, the dance pair came back and kicked him out, with Max returning to his duties at the stall. Reins protests fell against deaf ears as he tried to give them more time to enjoy themselves, but they heard none of it. Reluctantly, he began wandering the festival again, with an eye out for troublemakers, but he was quickly immersed in the festive atmosphere surrounding their little village. Contagious smiles and laughter were in the air, and Rein found himself having friendly conversations with both local and tourist folk.

Hours later, it was time for the highlight of the day, the Flower Dance. He watched the stage from afar alongside a little old lady who came to visit, intrigued to see who would be dancing this year. Unfortunately Rein wasn't much of a dancer, preferring to just watch and clap at the performances, or drown in the merry music. The appearance of a fluffy white doggo immediately brought a wide smile on to his face. Mayor Bork, who was looking beautifully groomed as always, has always been a delight to have around. He was glad to see Evelyn was doing well too, since he didn't see her too often, most likely being pre-occupied with taking care of the mayor. As the names were being called out, Rein was pleased to hear so many people taking part in the dance this year. In a bit of an absent-minded daze whilst pondering over the previous years dance, he was suddenly brought to attention when his very name was called out.

Immediately thinking it was just a mistake of some sort, he awaited the spokesperson to correct herself, but unfortunately for him, that didn't happen. Although perplexed, he wasn't one to just abandon whoever it was that was paired up with him, which in this case was their resident pretty boy. The little old lady beside him gently pushed him forward as Caleb approached, bringing his usual smile back to his face. "Hey Caleb, hope you've enjoyed the festival today!" He greeted just as enthusiastically. "Hah, well, I can't say the same for you." He chuckled at his next comment, referring to his own lack of dance experience. With a reciprocated bow, he somewhat nervously took his partners hand whilst responding. "I apologize if I step on your feet, which might happen more than once." He chuckled apologetically, as they slowly took to the dance floor. Considering the difference in skill level, Rein followed Calebs lead carefully, finding himself looking at the floor a little too often.

• Samuel Krauss •

7f2f371f-e9ca-4322-a293-5f998a1276a8-jpeg.615169

Samuel had kept his stall open for most of the afternoon but like he did most years he closed his stall that little bit early to enjoy the festivities and this year he had an extra job to do. Make sure Amelia did as well. The young nurse always seemed to be conveniently busy during festivals but with even the clinic closed today he was able to pull her along...Not right away though. He had a few other things to take care of before collecting her from hovering around Max's stall. The hurricane that he was convinced was going to snap his neck if he didn't either give her coffee or send her in the direction of it and had crashed through Max's stall instead. The poor guy had went off to try pacify the small angry woman as best he could. Sam felt a little guilty that he was the one left with the mess... Maybe he'd give him some free eggs and butter for baking as a sorry or something since he was one of the ones to send her that way...

After closing up he had visited the wooden box next to the stage but had to wait his turn first as Hunter had reached it first. Stuffing in way more papers than people that were even in the village probably. That was sure to be counted as rigging or something. The thought made him chuckle as he hung back waiting for the white haired male to leave. Once he did Samuel slipped over to the box to pop two names in. His own, of course. He didn't know who he wanted to ask but hell was he planning on joining in regardless and Amelia. She probably wouldn't be happy...on the outside anyway. He could read her well enough. She loved this kind of stuff deep down, she just hated embarrassing herself so she didnt get involved in things in case she would. She'd be secretly disappointed if she didn't get a dance, he was sure of it.

Deciding his good deed was done for the day, he had decided to collect Amelia and take her around the rest of the festival in the meantime. Go through all of the stalls see some if the games, that kind of thing. Once the time for the dance had arrived, the two had made their way to view the stage. Evelyn was already pulling those names out and getting confused with how many duplicates there were. Samuel snorted a laugh remembering what he had spotted earlier.

His name was called first along with Lumina. Again he would have taken any partner but he was still glad it was Lumina. She was cheerful and bubbly and most likely a blast to dance with. She was too busy focusing on her violin first. He'd have to find a break in the strings part of the band to pull her down at some stage then, he didn't mind that though.

The next names were Amelia and Hunter. Did he remember to break the news gently?...This was Samuel. Of course he didn't. Amelia was facing the stage but he could almost visualise the confusion then panic on her face, then discontent when she would click that it was him who caused the her name being added. She had spun on her heel to face him as he just offered a nonchalant smile. Her mouth even opening to accuse him but before she could, her attention had been snatched by her dance partner. Hunter was pulling out the full gentleman act too it seemed. No way she would reject that. With an amused expression he stepped back to take his leave and be saved from Amelia's scolding. Besides the music had well started and it was almost time to snatch his dance partner from the stage if he could.

Right now, she was playing her part of the arraignment and she looked as though she was enjoying every minute of it. He wondered how her name ended up in the box because he wasnt sure she knew she was in it...it was probably Hunter they were pretty close after all.

He stood with his hands in his pockets waiting for a gap and once he had found a time that she was taking her break in the song he had grinned, swiftly hopping up onto the the stage and holding out his hand to lead her down off of the stage. "Lumina! Do you feel like joining me for a dance?" He had asked once he was there, obviously looking pretty enthusiastic about joining in and hoping that he had picked a break long enough for him to ask, luckily he had.

Interactions | Lumina ( Lumina Lumina )
Mentions | N/A

OgpgDaB.png

709a4d8ed9a4202c456b15e1728012f2.gif

Lumina absolutely shone up on the stage. As good of a blacksmith as she was, she was just as talented of a musician. A knack for music ran on her mother's side of the family, with most members of the family going into music of some kind or another. That gene had been passed on to Lumina as well, and fortunately for her, Elizabeth Silvers had nurtured it as Lumina grew up. It's quite convenient that holding a violin doesn't really require standing, so during the days when she was stuck inside due to her condition and unable to help her father outside she would practice. She fell in love with it just as her mother had, so it didn't take much convincing on Lumina's part. She loved to take out her violin on the rare days that she had a break and needed to do something other than work in her forge, Lumina found herself drawn to her instrument. And as much as she loved playing she loved performing, and she had actually volunteered to help put together music for the band for tonight.

She had decided on a waltz with the other musicians. For a partnered dance, a waltz seemed appropriate - "a dance in triple time performed by a couple, who as a pair turn rhythmically around and around as they progress around the dance floor." That was how her mother described it once. To some people, the dance at the Flower Festival was seen as a bit of a romantic affair. It wasn't often that you got to do something so personal and intimate like this. So she wanted to play up the atmosphere a little, and decided on a whimsical little tune that would fit with the theme of both romance and flowers. It seemed to have been a good idea to choose a song like this, as she noticed that couples were starting to filter on to the floor and start dancing together. Some couples seemed to know the waltz and be able to move just fine. On the other hand, there were some couples that were sort of teetering awkwardly, looking more at the ground then each other. Either way it made her happy to know that people were dancing at all.

The piece of music seemed to switch between a piano melody and her own violin melody. While she loved to be able to carry the tune of the song, she also really enjoyed the contrast between the two instruments. That meant that there were times where Lumina had small breaks in playing, and she stood in a relaxed stance as she waited for her next cue to come in. It was during one of these breaks that Sam had actually come up on to the stage and gotten her attention with his asking for a dance. Honestly surprised, Lumina turned on her heel, now seeing the rancher standing in front of her. She hadn't noticed how tall he was until now. The two had gotten along nicely over the years, with Lumina at least trying to make an effort to visit during every one of his summer stays. He had been living here year round for a while now, and she had actually been meaning to visit him, but her work had kept her busy. And now here he was, standing tall in front of her, asking her for a dance. It was a genuine surprise to see him standing there, and especially the fact that he was asking her to dance. She didn't really expect anyone to actually ask her to dance, considering that she was performing. The only people that would have been asked without having a dedicated partner were the ones that put their names in the box, right? Did that mean that her name had been put in the box? Well, she certainly hadn't put her name in there. So somebody must have. Hunter, probably, if she had to guess. He was definitely the type to do something like that.

Sam was holding out his hand for her to take, if she wanted it. His expression was an enthusiastic one, which told Lumina he really was interested in dancing with her. Her eyes softened in happiness at the sight, the enthusiasm in his eyes being quite infectious if she was being honest. Sam was quite the nice guy, so she could only assume it would transfer over into being a nice dance partner as well. Though, if she was dancing, she wouldn't be playing, and she didn't want to just abandon the band. Lumina glanced over at the other musicians, who all were smiling and giving her a nod of approval that she was all good to go dance with him. With their approval, Lumina looked back at her dance partner and gave a delighted smile, taking the hand that was being offered to her. "I would love nothing more than to dance with you." she answered, her cheeks tinting the slightest bit pink. She had couldn't really remember dancing with someone like this before, so she was excited to see what this was going to be like.

Extra Info

Date/Time: Spring 6 (Flower Festival) / 7pm

Weather: Clear

Mood:
Happy, surprised

Performing, accepting the dance from Sam

Objective:
Objective here

Interacting with: Sam
Tags: Nona Nona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back