• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings [OLD THREAD] Violet Meadows (Harvest Moon inspired RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
jadafun jadafun
Wisteria smiled at him, blushing in embarrassment and ducking her head. Thank you, Darius, and I would like to thank you for selling them. I am so nervous... I'd lock up every time I'd try to sell them. Though, I don't seem to have that problem with my riding students. I guess that's because I am more confident with the horses than with, well, marketing products... and the such. To her, the praise on her flowers meant the world. It was hard, keeping up the orchard, garden, and her horses; it took up most of her day, in fact. However, she did not mind the work, she loved it, even if it meant less time for more relaxing activities.

Ren and Emilia Westerly
Interaction/Mentions: Pik Pik Lumina Lumina L Libero AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat

669344802db4d94acf2ac69dc527fc46.jpgc6d0a53be242a3b855278a97686fe48a.jpg

Emilia watched as the lady went over to Ren to help him find out where everything was. While she did that Emilia was going to.... Do nothing cause she took the violin case. Emilia pouted, but maybe she is to be a music player later. Still this would be a good way to mess with Ren.

28d5154443cc8eeee2fc6278e42772cd.jpg
As Ren was trying to figure out where to go, someone from behind him approached. It was that lady talking to the chef Noah from earlier in the cafe. She asked if he need help and pointed towards Emilia who smiled and waved innocently. Ren just glared at her and then turned his attention to the woman in front of him.
"Well, I suppose I do need help. We only moved in recently, and I haven't had the time to take a proper look around the town. I have no idea where most of the festival is honestly. Oh sorry, I'm Ren Westerly and that's my Sister Emilia Westerly."

Suddenly more people started to show up, the first was the doctor Rhys. He seemed a bit out of it, maybe it was the festival. The next two were the chef Noah and.... the waitress Emily? Ren wasn't entirely sure however, she did look pretty shy though. Noah was the first to speak in this group.

"No not really, just got offered help and I took it."
Now another new person came along. He introduced himself as Hunter and as the inn's owner. Ren was a bit surprised at the amount of people here, though he guessed if it was a small town this stuff was bound to happen. He just hopes this time he and his sister can be left in peace.

"Oh hello there, I'm Ren and that's my Sister Emilia. Well, I guess if we're all going as a group... maybe the more experienced people can show us around? Also miss, your a violin player right? I heard there's going to be a dance later today, you one of the players?"

Ren talked with Lumina, while Emilia watched at all the new people showed up. The waitress lady looked really pretty with those cool clothes on. She also seemed really shy, this could lead to a good opportunity later on, though that may be too much of a prank. Either way she walked up to her brother and stood right next to him.

Darius
Mentioning: Silver Fae Silver Fae

Darius blushed in return. "I'll be honest, it took a while to get used to it myself. I was always shy when talking to customers, and was even more nervous when they'd try to haggle. But, that's what my bro's for. He's a lifesaver. When he isn't busy staring at a mirror," he said. "But, I'm glad you got so much joy out of what you do. I've always wanted to take up horse riding, so now I know who I can trust to go to."

Caleb
Mentioning: None/Open
Caleb sighed. Of course his brother would leave him confined to the stand when he could be out actually enjoying the festival. There were so many people here, and the only way he was able to interact was to ask whether they'd like to buy something. Honestly, it was starting to kill his vibe, but what could he do? He blew a lock of curly hair out of his face, and huffed, his cheeks puffing up as he pouted childishly. People watching was only so entertaining until he started wishing he could actually go out and talk with said people.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed Darius over by Samuel's stand, chatting with Wisteria, and couldn't help but smirk. At least he was finally letting himself relax instead of worrying about work. Though, he didn't doubt that the nerd was still chatting about it regardless. Caleb's eyes scanned over the rest of the festival-goers, but all he could think about was the dance later. He'd surely shine like the star he was. It was just a shame that he couldn't show off his attire, for he was stuck standing behind the stand. A sparkly bright white and gold ensemble that was sure to turn heads, and brought out his gold eyes. He always looked perfect, but tonight he'd look absolutely stunning.

First ride'll be free, then. She leaned back, watching him for a moment before remembering something with a sudden start. Oh, when do you need the next shipment of flowers in? I have a lovely batch of moondrops coming in, as well as lavender and Pink roses. At the rate they're growing, they'll be ready by monday.

scientist_by_clock_dream_daqmifp-pre.jpegDr. Troy
Interaction: Nona Nona Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre MiraAutumn MiraAutumn screaming armadillo screaming armadillo Pik Pik Lumina Lumina L Libero AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat Archdemon Archdemon
Dr. Troy scribbled down a fraction of what the boy said. Initially relieved by a sudden burst of explanation, his mood soured again at the lengths the young boy was taking to explain what seemed to be a rather simple series of happenings. He also made a number of increasingly unnecessary movements. Dr. Troy had to divvy his attention, shifting away from the boy as he scampered around him and brushing off a few leaves some wild squirrels managed to get on him. And the boy just kept going.

Finally letting his pen come to a stop, Dr. Tory looked beyond his clipboard as the boy went back to the stall before lowering his clipboard and giving a small sigh as another local nodded at him. He didn't return the nod, merely glanced briefly in their direction as he turned away from the stall. He'd gotten some useful stuff, but it had been through quite a bit of questioning. He'd have to applaud the young man for managing to be more informative than his elder peers, as soon as he grew out of that youthful energetic phase then he'd be more than capable of landing a suitable job.

"If that is the case, then I suppose I shall partake in a manner." he said before leaving behind the stall.

He'd gotten enough about the event to satisfy his current dealings, it should at least be enough to satiate his partner if she continued to be fussy about it. But there were still several things he'd needed. And now that the young man had given him a fairly in depth understanding of where everything was located, he could seek these new objectives, hopefully with less children around-

"Oi!"

Dr. Troy paused in his walk before glancing over to a young girl sitting on a table who waved him over, "Billie T got all you needs, Anything you needs! Whatever you needs! Just mosey on over to-"

"Nope." He stated whilst turning away from the odd stall and approaching another side of the village center.

Approaching the Cafe, Dr. Troy passed by a number of locals assembled around it before coming to a stop before its doors. It didn't take his numerous degrees to tell that it was most definitely closed at this time, so he turned his attention to the number of people nearby: some men and women who seemed varied enough in age and appearance for at least one of them to be useful.

Preparing his pen, Dr. Troy approached them whilst already scribbling down certain details "If one of you could perhaps provide me with the working hours of this establishment, that would be exceptional." he stated whilst subtly nodding towards the Cafe.

Valente
Interaction: Caleb jadafun jadafun

The small apartment room looked so bare after he moved all of the things he couldn't take out to his parents. They helped him move it out before telling him to enjoy the town that he was able to get a job at. Slowly breathing in as he was taking his last long around he moved to the door that would lead to the outside. Well to the hallway which would then lead to the outside. Two suitcases where placed next to the door, he packed what he needed for the town. Mostly just clothing and other necessities. The walk outside seemed slow and the suitcases in his hands felt heavy. He wanted to get something from the town to help him remember it, something small that he couldn't need to worry about carrying around. Wandering around he found a small shop, inside he looked over jewelry that was shown in a small case. A silver heart locket caught his eye and soon it was bought and around his neck. It felt nice to feel it being there. He took the nearest cab he could as he thought his last goodbye to the city he knew for all of his life.

The tall buildings and traffic soon faded away as the cab stopped a bit outside of the edge of the city. Getting out he'd need to continue the rest of it on foot. That didn't bother him too much, he walked a lot in the city. Looking out at the grass fields and trees that seemed almost painted across the land he found himself wondering what being in a small town was even like. He was use to the noise and hustle of the city, the thought of something else feels like a dream more than anything else. Noticing a cart moving the way he was he asked them where they were going. Funnily enough it was the same small town he needed to get to. They were nice enough to let him come along. The cart bumping around at times when the dirt road was uneven was strangely calming to the man sitting on the back of the cart. The luggage he had with him sitting neatly behind him, the scenery moving past as he took time to notice all the flowers that grew in the grass, or small amounts popping up on the dirt path.

Making a list of what he needs to do in his head to pass the times he figured getting a room at the inn was the first step, he didn't really have enough to get his own house after all. Then maybe check out where he was suppose to be working at, he was suppose to be taking over as a bartender. Luckily he knew one thing, that it was on the same property as the inn which should make it easy to find. Except he didn't actually know where the inn was. Or any other place in the town. It shouldn't be too hard as it was a small town, right? The motion of the cart stopping caught his attention and he turned to look at the front, seeing all the buildings and figuring this was it. He thanked them for letting him ride as he got off and took his luggage and tried to pay, but they refused before going about what they came here for. He stood for a bit just looking at the town, all the buildings so far apart from what he was use to. The place was lively and he wasn't too sure why. People seemed to be all busy going about their day. There was a lot of flowers too.

Slowly he moved to pick up the two suitcases that rested beside him. Well, he'll figure this out sooner or later he guessed. Walking into the town he kept turning his head to look at everything he needed to find the inn first of all. Walking into what seemed like the middle of town he stopped. He thought this would be better to try and find his way around however there just seemed to be so much going on. Stalls were set up, people were out and about, and he still had no clue which place was the inn. Looking around he noticed the stalls, maybe something from there could help him out? He noticed one that he may be able to ask the person running the stall, which had a lot of flowers all around being sold. Making sure he wasn't taking up any potential customers time, he came up when no one was looking at the flowers. "Hello, I'm sorry to ask but I'm new and kind of lost. Could you point me to the direction of the inn?"

• Samuel Krauss •

7f2f371f-e9ca-4322-a293-5f998a1276a8-jpeg.615169

Samuel's grin grew when the young farmer had greeted him and answered his question. She was a quiet girl so he enjoyed when she would decide to join in with conversation. "That's fair. You can't work right through the festival every single year. I know I packed up my stall early last year." He answered with a shrug as he leaned back slightly. Mentioning the dance seemed to light a sparkle in his gaze, he always did enjoy the dance that closed the flower festival every year, partnered up or not. It was just a fun atmosphere overall and he loved it. "Aren't I always?" He joked before another familiar face had approached them. Darius, the village Florist. He had a huge hand in supplying decorations for the festival for sure so of course he'd be around. He took a step back with a knowing grin when Darius approached "Afternoon~" was the only greeting he gave as he did so, watching the two already talking about the dance. Darius even asking for a dance, he stifled a chuckle as his brows raised, he surely wasted no time. Then again he was sure those two were pretty familiar, after all Misty was probably one of his main suppliers. With raised brows and an amused expression he stepped back behind his stall leaning against the counter a little as he let the two continue their conversation alone.

He had moved just in time as it had barely been a few moments before a woman in a lab coat made her way towards his stall...and by making her way what Samuel really saw it as was storming through the crowd with a look like she wanted to murder him for whatever reason. Maybe she would change direction? Nope. She called to him and what was normally a lazy looking gaze was widened and alert for a brief second after she had done so. He was definitely her target. He straightened his posture as she placed her hands on the counter of his stall and watched her, his head tilting ever so slightly as if silently trying to figure out who she was. Seeing strangers during the flower festival was completely normal but this woman was...out of place. Even in a festival full of non locals like this. He listened to her request for coffee which despite coming from her mouth slowly, sounded oddly urgent. Even so he offered his usual friendly smile as if deliberately ignoring the vibe she was giving off "Ah...sorry miss. I certainly don't have any here" he answered as his eyes moved to look past her and towards the direction of the cafe "And the Cafe is closed for the festival too" he added as his gaze snapped back to the woman "I'm sure one of the other stalls served coffee, maybe Max's?" He gestured his hand towards Max's stall where even more people were starting to gather. "You'll have to wait in line by the looks of it though." He finished, pressing his hand under his chin as he looked back over to the woman.

Interactions | Silver Fae Silver Fae GrieveWriter GrieveWriter jadafun jadafun
Mentions | Gunnhildr Gunnhildr

Last edited:

• Amelia Krauss •

a3305cef-9534-4dd1-b282-0f86fdab6ce8-jpeg.611963

She smiled as Max went ahead and got a strawberry one ready for her but paused when he had continued with his played out 'but' and a smirk on his face, her own expression becoming a little sheepish as she realised he had caught onto her hesitancy, knowing well she was trying to show some form of restraint over her sweet tooth. She was the towns nurse, she'd have to seem healthy lest she want her advice on keeping healthy to not be taken seriously when people visited the clinic...or at least that was something she assumed, not exactly something others would think on or care about. She tended to overthink a lot in that curly haired head of hers. "I'll definitely keep it in mind, Thank you Max" She answered softly, with that she pulled a cute little rabbit patterned purse from from her skirt pocket and took out what she owed Max for the little pie and handed it over to him.

She turned her attention to the tall man in the labcoat once more when he answered her question, only looking up from his note taking long enough to stare down at her...technically correct? She narrowed her eyes briefly, she guessed she sort of got the answer she wanted but that didn't stop her from feeling just a little confused about how much he was writing down. That feeling was dwarfed in comparison to the reaction to the intense woman that had marched over to scold him. She found herself taking an uncomfortable step back from the two and towards the stall where Oliver and Max were, not even getting the chance to greet Rein as he arrived right away in the moment. Though she did catch that he too was as distracted by the treats at the stall as she had been earlier which was a little amusing.

The woman stomped off as quick as she arrived, complaining that 12 minutes was too long to be spent talking with the group rather than...whatever they were supposed tone doing. She still wasnt 100% sure on what they needed the info for, she guess she'd settle for market research as the reason for now.

It was Oliver that finally gave the man the full answer the man was looking for and with so much adorable enthusiasm too. It was enough to ease the tense feeling the woman's scolding had provoked in the young nurse. She instead was softly smiling down at the little boy and his actions as he gave his little bit that almost sounded rehearsed. His answered seemed to be more than enough for the man as he left with his clipboard and notes, bee lining to the cafe, no doubt to ask about the performance of the cafe to the group standing at it if she were to guess.

As Alessia approached the stall with a quick greeting before asking for a pie from Max as well Amelia finally got a chance to greet Rein back with a smile "Hope you are enjoying the day too. I hope we won't have to report anything dodgy so we can all enjoy the festival. Even you" She knew Rein worked hard keeping an eye on things. She couldn't comment too much on him still being on alert during the festival because she would have tried to work today instead too if Samuel didnt more ot less drag her to the town square and tell her to try loosen up a little.

Interactions | screaming armadillo screaming armadillo GrieveWriter GrieveWriter MiraAutumn MiraAutumn
Mentions | Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

ee3d31b8674b6e9d7be89d9a64f0222b.pngDr. Stockwell
Interaction: Nona Nona Silver Fae Silver Fae jadafun jadafun
Dr. Stockwell's grip on the table tightened the more the man talked, a vein on her forehead bulging as his answer failed to satisfy her. Of course... it was just her luck that this backwater town couldn't multitask if it tried. Oh why encourage employees to work during a festival? What's holiday overtime? That's not possible, might as well just deny potential customers the sweet life-giving nectar that was a black coffee! Check the stalls? Was he expecting her to just traipse about this loud, obnoxious festival asking around for coffee? He had to be in kahoots with the other stall owners. He was selling her a pitch! Small town folk all knew each other, so this was their scheme, hm? Deprive out-of-towners of necessities such as coffee then send them through their compatriots for some high-value advertising. If she wasn't fighting to keep from crushing the table, Ada might've been impressed. But added on to the foul mood that her useless partner had inspired, the lack of caffeine flowing through her system was already inspiring a healthy dosage of animosity.

Dr. Stockwell's teeth ground together like rocks being crushed, but just as one of her trembling hands began rising, she seemed to freeze before tightening it into a fist.

"Very... well..." she managed to get out before turning from the table and scanning the nearest people, immediately her gaze snapped towards two people having a conversation nearby. A man and a woman, the ones she'd ignored previously, they were still maintaining the conversation from earlier.. She'd been lucky enough that the both of them kept their talk to themselves, but right now she needed answers. And she was not about to be made a fool of by some kind of lurking society of Stall Owners!

"You two!" she called to them before marching over "One of you... should know where I can... get some coffee."

Coming to a stop before them, Dr. Stockwell placed a gloved hand to the side of her face whilst glaring around at the festival around them "Festival or not... someone around here should be smart enough to sell coffee at times like these."

Wisteria stiffened as the woman approached, her lips thinning slightly. This woman was terrifying and, for a moment, the girl considered fleeing. However, she brushed the thought away and gave a nervous smile. Oh... I... I believe Max's stall would be the best bet. I am afraid the cafe' is closed.... Misty cast a nervous glance toward Darius, quite overwhelmed, to be frank. This was an awful lot of social interaction in a short span of time. She enjoyed talking, but now, when faced with the caffeine-deprived scientist, she wished she would just disappear. I am sorry for the inconvenience... are you enjoying the festival? Just a little bit? The last comment was one that she could barely squeak out and she began to fiddle with the edge of her skirt.

54e6a52cf8ef6e2ff3daf7fd90705674bf0df9dcv2_hq.jpg

What took place in just a few scant minutes was a real whirlwind for the unexpecting Maxwell. It all started out perfectly fine and dandy. Amelia paid for her treat with a little bit embarrassment that made Max feel a little bad for teasing her too much. He replied with a sincere, ‘Thanks for the purchase!’ bright smile and all after Amelia gave her thanks. He would have added something like an apology had the incredible rapid succession of activity not taken place immediately after. A woman Max never saw, but whose attire could only mean one thing. However it was the fury in which she tore into the unfortunate slender man that surprised the baker. Her wrath was only matched by the strikingly green eyes that Max had just enough time to notice. That was just before Max averted his eyes as there was simply nothing else he could do as a man for Stringbean but pretend he never witnessed this. And as quickly as the green eyed hurricane came, she passed, with that Max felt the tension that had unknowingly built up begin to fade.

Following that scene Oliver decided to make one of his own, although his was far warmer. But that came after he both accepted and denied the cake being offered. It was a soft blow to Max seeing Oliver’s drop from that initial jubilant glee, and it hit Max right where he didn’t want to be. Just to make it worse, Oliver immediately pulled another 180 to help the marketeer, or whatever Stringbean meant by ‘technically correct’. A real hit and run yet Max shook it off and even played along when he was asked to say hello, giving an awkward wave because he didn’t know quite how to respond. But it was the compliment Oliver gave that sent the baker shying away into the safety of his stall. Suddenly there was a smudge only Max could see that was in utterly desperate need of cleaning and only when Oliver came back to the stall did Max stop scrubbing the non-existent mark.

“Olli,” the baker was almost over his embarrassment, “About the cake. I owe Granny for a lot more than a hundred cakes are worth so let’s forget about that.” A sudden thought popped into his mind that he wished came sooner, “But if that’s not enough for you how about working for me as an apprentice when you can? Of course I will pay you and anytime you decide the job isn’t fun you can quit.” At this point he bent over slightly to be more at the young boy’s level, “Whaddya say? I can at least teach you how to make that cake for Granny. I’ll let you think about it.”

Max was just able to catch the Stringbean leaving while he negotiated with Oliver. Seemingly the stranger was content with the answers. Or maybe he found everybody’s information lackluster and went to greener fields. No sooner had he gone a new, familiar face arrived. One of the fulltime adventurers that called Kore home along with a frequent patron whose vibrant hair made him easy to spot anywhere. Not to mention a standup guy that was fun to be around. Unfortunately, not really, for Rein the baker had immediately noticed the gear that the standup young man rarely went without, and this caused a slight frown to cross the baker’s visage.

“You’re too young to be working everyday Rei. You should be spending today enjoying the festival. Have some fun.” The usual friendly tone was replaced with a soft sternness. Of course Max understood and appreciated what Rein was doing, but it also struck him as awfully unfair for the young adventurer to be working during a festival. The baker huffed and a soft mischievous smile sprouted as he decided to relent a little, at least after a final remark, “You never listen to me anyways so I’m spitting in the wind here. Maybe I should cut off your sweets for a couple days.”

Alessia had came upon the stall just as Max finished his far from serious ultimatum. With no Hunter in sight he wondered where the younger cousin was, as it seemed to Max more often than not the two were together when they weren’t busy with work. But he figured if Alessia was enjoying the festival Hunter is too somewhere.

“Afternoon Aless!” The baker replied while avoiding the praise. “A single pie is ten coins.” Max looked both at Alessia and Rein to make sure it didn’t seem like he ignored the other. He then focused solely on the salmon haired adventurer, “Rei if you promise to stop working the rest of the festival I will settle for seven.” Then he swapped to Alessia who may have unknowingly hired a little helper, “By the way if somebody ever buys one of each they get a discount. Also Olli’s a good kid that doesn’t accept a gift unless he repays it so don't expect him to be an easy sell.”

OgpgDaB.png

FlickeringFittingGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

Lumina couldn't help but notice the interesting color scheme of this young man's hair. It was red and black, and the length quite rivaled her own. He looked to be around her age, and definitely seemed to be new around here. She tilted her head at this stranger as he shot a glare toward the young girl who had pointed her in his direction. Obviously he didn't seem too happy that whoever that girl was, had sent her over here. Did they not have a good relationship? The stranger then introduced themselves as Ren Westerly and the girl from earlier as his sister Emilia. “I'm Lumina Silvers. It’s nice to meet you, Ren!” Lumina introduced herself, giving him a wide grin and a quick wave of her hand before turning around to his sister. “And you too, Emilia!” She turned back to the older brother, adjusting her violin case in her hands. "The bulk of the festival takes place around the village square, which is over there where most of the stalls are set up." She gestured over at the square and the stalls, noticing once more the volume of people surrounding the baker's stall in particular. If she recalled correctly, the baker's name was Max?

Seeing that group crowded among the stalls reminded her that she was going to have to check out that stall as well. As she looked at the crowd, she noticed a few more familiar faces that were interested in buying some pies - Amelia, the town nurse, a quite smart individual who was perfect for the rigors of being a nurse in a town like this; Oliver, who was doing his best to be able to get a pie, probably to bring home to his family (Lumina adored Oliver quite a lot); Rein, the current head of the Kore Branch of the Adventurer's Guild and someone she had run into down in the mines on more than one occasion; and then there was Alessia, someone she knew through a childhood friend. There were a few others milling about and doing their own thing around the area too, but she couldn't really pick them out or recognize them from where she was.

tenor.gif

Like Ren, Lumina too noticed that others seemed to be congregating outside the cafe during this time. The first of which, that she noticed at least, was the doctor, Rhys. Excitedly, Lumina grinned and took a few steps toward him, honestly not expecting to have seen him around here. “Doc! You’re at the festival!” she beamed, giving him an excited grin. “Sorry about my appointment the other day, we should probably reschedule that. Tomorrow maybe? Speaking of, I do have something for you when I do come in, don't let me forget!” A few days ago she had been scheduled to come in for a routine checkup with him, but something had come up and she wasn't able to make it. She had to have one every few weeks or so, specifically to monitor her for condition. Normally she probably wouldn’t have to come in that often, but Lumina has bad habit of pushing herself too hard and overworking himself, landing her in his clinic more often than was probably good for her. So, he ordered that she would come in to be checked out a little more often, to which she was happy to oblige. She enjoyed having him as her primary care physician, and found it absolutely adorable the way that he would interact with kids. It was definitely great to see him out enjoying the festival.

After that she noticed that Noah had finally finished up inside the cafe and had joined them outside. She turned over her shoulder, excited to see him. She had been waiting for him specifically out here after all, and suddenly there were far more people here than she expected to see. "Noah!" she grinned, moving to get closer to him to talk to him. He had asked her to join him in the festival after all, so she figured she should try and talk with him now that he was here. As she did this, she noticed that Emily had come up next to him and had grabbed on to Noah's arm and was hiding behind him, looking kind of nervous. Seeing the pair close like that stopped her in her tracks, not wanting to upset Emily by suddenly running close and also not end up butting in between them. They did seem pretty close, which made sense because they worked together. And obviously Emily felt comfortable around him enough to be able to grab hug onto his arm like she was, so that had to mean something. Regardless of her stream of thoughts, she did throw a giant smile their way. "You finally finished up everything! Glad you could join us too, Emily!" Lumina remembered when Emily had moved in to stay at the inn. She didn't know all the details but she thought she heard something about having been kicked out by her family. That never sat right with the blacksmith, and she wanted to make friends with her, but didn't want to spook her. Emily was kind of the shy and withdrawn type, and that could be hard to get past sometimes. Well, it was progress that she was out here joining everyone at the festival, and she was happy that Noah invited her. At least, Lumina guessed he did.

cfc7c835fb11c7bf387f6125b3b9eb19.gif

As she was talking to Noah and Emily, Lumina heard a very familiar voice from behind her. A voice that called her a nickname that only one person in the world ever called her. In surprise, she looked over her right shoulder to see Hunter had joined the group. Her shocked face soon grew into a wide grin as she saw him. "Hunty!" she exclaimed, running over to greet him now. "You were able to tear yourself away from the inn for a little bit?? I'm glad you were able to come to the festival! I hope you'll be coming to the dance tonight!" It was true - it wasn't often that she didn't see her childhood friend wrapped up in his job of running the inn. She knew that there was a lot that came with the job, so it really was good to see him out here actually to enjoy himself. She always knew Hunter as someone who worked really hard all the time and was quite serious about what he did, and he was probably the person that she picked up that part of her work ethic from. That would make sense given that they had been friends since she moved to Kore when she was really little.

There were so many people here that Lumina felt her attention just jumping all over the place. She didn't get much chance to talk to Hunter before Ren had caught her attention again with a question. A question asking if she was a violin player and if she was going to be playing at the dance later. At that, Lumina readjusted her violin case so she was now holding in her arms instead of dangling down by her knees from its handle by her hands. "Yup, you got that exactly right!" she answered, giving Ren a smiling nod. "Nice job recognizing a violin case! It's not all that common to play violin anymore, so it's nice to know someone recognizes it. And yeah, I'm going to be playing tonight in the band! I hope people will enjoy the music at the dance tonight!" Thinking about performing tonight for everyone got her all giddy for the dance again, and she hugged onto her case with a renewed sense of excitement. She might have continued this for a little while had she not heard the biting tone of a strangers voice butting into the conversations of the group of people outside the cafe. She turned to get a look at who it was, not recognizing the person now standing amidst the crowd of locals. He looked to be some kind of researcher, complete with a sort of lab coat and a clipboard and notepad. Whoever this was definitely wasn't from around here, and based on his tone and the question he was asking, she guessed he was someone who wanted to spend as little time in the village as possible. "The cafe is open from 9am to 6pm every day except Tuesdays, but they closed early today because of the festival. Might I ask who you are, Mr. Note-scribbler?" Lumina tilted her head at this man, both confused and a little concerned about what exactly he was doing here. She just wanted to go around and enjoy the festival with Noah before performing at the dance later. Then there was suddenly a crowd of people that suddenly appeared where she had been waiting, and now this random stranger was going around taking notes on the village and asking weird questions. What a start to her Flower Festival, indeed.

Extra Info

Date/Time:
Spring 6 (Flower Festival) / Midday

Weather:
Sunny

Mood:
Happy

Talking with people

Objective:
Enjoy the festival

Interacting with: Ren & Emilia, Rhys, Noah, Emily, Hunter, Dr. Troy

Doctor Rhys W. Wright

As Rhys finally reached the now closed cafe, he smiled warmly as the energetic blonde spoke to him. "Of course, I wouldn't miss the festival for anything." Rhys gave a nod towards the siblings as he greeted them as well, as he hadn't seen them too much since their check up. "Good afternoon to you both as well." Lumina mentioned their rescheduled appointment, which Rhys didn't particularly want to reschedule. It's best for patients to come in as soon as possible, even if they aren't sick, so that he could catch anything harmful as soon as possible. But, it had to be done. And, he shouldn't have anything scheduled tomorrow, so the proposed checkup would not be a problem at all. "Absolutely perfect, Miss Silvers." He agreed, and became quite curious about the gift that she planned to bring. Not too many folks bring their doctor a gift, after all. Whatever it will be, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Lumina noticed the duo that came out the cafe before he did, and he turned to see a man and a girl, and assumed they were the cafe staff. Rhys had seen them around, but never got the chance to learn their names. He stood aside as Lumina chatted with staff, and noted that the team seemed to have a good relationship. Rhys opened his mouth to greet. but decided against it. The girl, Emily as Lumina called her, seemed rather nervous and Rhys interpreted this as her being a more introverted type. Perhaps he'd be able to get to know them, sooner or later.

Another man joined their ever-growing crew, and Rhys recognized him as Hunter, the innkeeper. He remembered Hunter from when he stayed at the inn while he moved to Kore from the city. He seemed like a very responsible young man, and apparently from their conversation, Hunter knew Lumina well. She must be a popular gal, he thought to himself. As the conversation jumped back to Ren and Emilia, Rhys decided to greet the other folks who had dropped by. "Afternoon, Hunter, and Noah and Emilia, was it? It's a pleasure meeting you. And, we haven't spoken in a while, but it's nice to see you again as well, Mr. Glazier."

A man in a lab coat interrupted their conversations with a not-quite-condescending, but rather serious tone. A researcher, perhaps? But, what would they be doing here? Whatever this man needed, Rhys could probably answer a few questions for him. Maybe this researcher could answer some for him too.

download20190505131701-png.582256
code by @Goldieloxx

large.jpg
"W why is everyone s starting at me." Emily crys shly, shes been the center of attention a little too much today and its starting to get to her a little bit. "Ah! Um m mister hunter y you have your money I I promise." She says in a panic tone of voice. Shortly after saying that a strange scary man came up to her and asked something she didn't quite hear because of the immediate reaction of panic was placed on her face "a ah um um." Thankfully the girl who greeted her aid and give the man the answer he was looking for. Apon doing this Emily hugged her from behind "think you think you think you!" She says in way almost as if her life was on the line.

Lumina Lumina Archdemon Archdemon AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat BriiAngelic BriiAngelic GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

scientist_by_clock_dream_daqmifp-pre.jpegDr. Troy
Interaction: Nona Nona Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre MiraAutumn MiraAutumn screaming armadillo screaming armadillo Pik Pik Lumina Lumina L Libero AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat Archdemon Archdemon
Dr. Troy gave only a minimal reaction to the information, a low hum emanating from the depths of his throat as he altered the frequency of his scribbling. So this place wouldn't be open today, at least while this festival was going on. That would be trouble for a very small yet treacherous reason. He gave a sharp glance to the building and gave a small, dissapointed shake of his head before glancing back to the girl once she asked him his name. He stared at her motionlessly for approximately ten seconds straight before reaching up and adjusting his glasses.

"I am Dr. Troy, Wonder. Co Tech Division." He stated as his hand returned to his clipboard and resumed the hasty scribbling of information. His gaze traveled over the others that had also been conversing with her, finding a number of confused looks coming his way. Seems information really did grow stunted in places like this. If he were a lesser man he might have sighed in discontent. But no, Dr. Troy merely returned his gaze to the girl who'd answered his question. It seemed something was cowering behind her, obviously overwhelmed by the sudden professionalism on the scene "My associate and I-"

He looked through the crowd momentarily, practically tasting the malice radiating off of the other side of the Town Square, "-are here to do a bit of what you might call... trailblazing."

His stare returned to her as he tapped his clipboard briefly with his pen, "Information is key for such a task, especially considering the circumstances."

Finally halting his near-constant note taking, Dr. Troy folded his arms behind his back and looked towards the Cafe "My partner and I have run upon certain scheduling issues that have put her in a foul mood, and in instances such as this, it's usually high concentrations of caffeine that manage to stabilize her."

Giving a small purse of his lips, Dr. Troy slid his pen back into a slot on his clipboard and tapped a finger to his chin "Though I'm not one for cleaning up whenever she's like this, our presence here encouraged me to seek her remedy..."

Meeting Lumina's gaze, he gave a pointed glance to the crowd around them "...you know, before she breaks someone."

Dr. Stockwellee3d31b8674b6e9d7be89d9a64f0222b.png
Interaction: Nona Nona Silver Fae Silver Fae jadafun jadafun
"Believe.... you believe..." Dr. Stockwell said slowly, legs slowly drawing her closer to the woman as she repeated her answer over in over with increasing effort. She Believed that the Max boy would have some? Did she not know? How was it possible in a town this small for someone not to know anything about anything!?! Dr. Stockwell had an entire wing of an office to keep track of, and several subdivisions if she didn't want to run into conflicting schedules. That was about sixty-seven people she had to keep track of so their screw-ups didn't suddenly become hers! Were there even sixty-seven people local to this town!?! She cast a near-frenzied look around the festival. There most certainly were not! She could tell. She'd got a degree in mathematics! Good bunch of help that was doing her, there was no formula for incompetence that resulted in a nice cup of black ambrosia here!

Sliding her hands up her head into the large bundle of her hair, Dr. Stockwell took two large handfuls of her own hair and tugged... hard.

"Oh no... I'm having an absolutely... PEACHY time so far." she struggled to grunt out as she came to a stop right in front of her "Nearly got run... right off the road... Partner... single-handedly trying to end my career...Town... barren wasteland devoid of simple amenities..."

Finally slipping her hands from her hair to wipe a growing sheen of sweat from her now-twitching eyes, Dr. Stockwell clenched her hands into fists once more "What could... possibly be wrong... right, Yokel?"

Billy T
Interaction: Open
DREuD1kVwAEZ2mb.jpg
A pair of binoculars covertly scouted out the festival, tiny giggles erupting from their small user whenever someone stepped over to ask about them. Confusion meant interest, and interest meant proximity, and proximity meant sales... sweet, delicious sales. Billy T. lowered her binoculars as she spotted the groups assembling around certain parts of the festival. Cooing in interest, she stood upon the table, the numerous men around the table glancing to her.​

"Men and boys, see what Billy T sees!" she spread her arms wide "Billy T sees big tree full of monies. You see?"

"Uhhhhh," one of her guys scratched his head before shrugging "sure."

"No enthusiasm Lu-Lu," she pouted at him "where your monies love? Billy T can't see it when you lookin' all dumb like that."

"Sorry, Ma'am, I just can't seem to match your..." he thought for a moment before giving a nervous smile "expertise?"

"And don't ever forget it!" Billy declared before tossing him her Binoculars "But what if Billy T not here to feed you? Need grow your own Monies Love! Nurture like fire hydrant and it spray all the monies on street."

Lu-Lu adjusted his shades before glancing to another goon who merely gave him a shrug. Turning back, he watched Billy pick up her coloring book again before tossing it back to him.

"Billy Break!" she declared before hopping off her table and drawing another lollipop.

"Wait what?" He tucked the book under an arm "But how are we supposed to sell stuff? I thought you hated when we-"

"All you needs in Billy Book silly boi.' Billy waved off his concerns while pulling a thermos out from under the table and waltzing into the crowd "Don't mess it, or no sandcastles for ya!"

Lu-Lu watched after her for a moment before opening the coloring book and staring at the barely legible smears of colored sugar graffiti. He gave a sigh before working to decode it.

Darius
Mentioning: Silver Fae Silver Fae GrieveWriter GrieveWriter

Darius looked visibly shaken by the woman's aggression, stepping a bit in front of Wisteria as he replied. "I-I'm sorry, ma'am, but other than the cafe, there is nowhere else offering coffee. T-to my knowledge, at least," he said. "But, you're scaring me and my friend here. Could you maybe apologize? Um, please?"

Caleb
Mentioning: NighttimeForest NighttimeForest
Well, it was about time someone interesting stopped by. It was rare for Caleb to run into a face he didn't recognize in town. "Well, hello," he greeted with a warm smile, leaning forward against the stand's counter. "I believe there's one just up ahead, north of this festival. A good few people stay there, but you should be able to find a room." He smirked. "Though, before you go, would you care to tell me your name? Mine is Caleb."

Oh My. Misty held her breath, her gaze flickering from the woman to Darius. It was about to get awkward, fast. However, part of her was thankful that Darius stood his ground, she had been buckling beneath the pressure. Though, Misty managed to scrape up some of her own courage thanks to the young man and smiled pleasantly at the woman. With... With all due respect, I am sorry that your day wasn't ideal, but it would be a great deal better if you would try to be more polite, ma'am...Though, I do understand the need for coffee, I am afraid that your only hope to find some would be at Max's stall...However, if you cannot find any, I would be more than willing to fetch you a cup from my home if it would improve your attitude.

Valente
Interaction: Caleb jadafun jadafun
"Thank you, hopefully I'll get myself a room since I intend to stay here. I'd be a bit embarrassing if I had to sleep outside," giving a small smile as he said this. He didn't think much to introduce himself before asking, and after being asked for his own name he quickly set one of his suitcases down to hold out that hand for the other. "Valente, sorry for not introducing myself right away. It was a long ride just to get here and I'm hoping to drop off my luggage as fast as I can. So, this is probably a dumb question, but what festival is this?" he figured if he was going to be living here he did need to know the festival days. Not only that, but everything about the town really.

ee3d31b8674b6e9d7be89d9a64f0222b.pngDr. Stockwell
Interaction: Nona Nona Silver Fae Silver Fae jadafun jadafun screaming armadillo screaming armadillo

Dr. Stockwell raised an eyebrow at Darius's sudden interruption of her interrogation, but it didn't halt her approach in the slightest, "Apologize? You give me nothing... and all of a sudden... I'm inclined to apologize?"

Before she could glare at him for too long, the woman seemed to grow a spine and speak clearer. She quoted the same answer as the other man, and soon Dr. Stockwell found her rage subsisting with a healtyhy new dosage of annoyance. She expected her to just trust something brought out of her house? If she had the time, Ada would've gone through the lengthy, arduous explanation on why she would never be stupid enough to just go along with an idea such as that. Alas, her time was limited, and her patience more barren than this hovel of negligence. So planting her tightly clenched fists to her hips, she glared at the stall her idiot partner once stood by. Openly scowling at it, she turned back to the man and woman before raising a finger "Neither one of you... have provided me with anything other than... seething..." she shook her head, struggling for the word "Seething... SEETHING...dismay..."

Realizing that she was practically pressing against the man at that point, Dr. Stockwell's frown deepened as she looked over the two of them, but then her gaze locked with the man's eyes as she pointed to them "So next time you demand consolation... trade for it... Expecting it is poor... poor... BUSINESS..."

Curling her finger tightly, Dr. Stockwell cast her glare to the floor as her other hand dug into her hip "Oh please Dr. Stockwell... stop scaring us.... you're SCARING us Dr. Stockwell... what about being POLITE..."

Throwing her hands up in the air, she spun and began marching her way back over to Maxwell's stall, more fed up than feasibly possible at that point "What's SCARY is how nonchalantly this whole place can just throw agency out the window! What about feeling some responsibility for-!?!"

She rambled all the way back to Max's stall, the crowd parting around her leaving a trail of empty space between Sam's stall and Max's.

"-POLITE going to get the papers done!?! Was being POLITE going to get those rats in accounting off their coffee breaks and in front of their screens where they belong!?! Was being POLITE going to fix a clerical order which undoes half your three months of research because SOMEBODY couldn't think to add an extra zero to-"

Her jaws snapped together once she reached Max's stall, her face straining with the effort to swallow down her rage as her eyes snapped towards the proprietor, and her eyes narrowed "You..." she leaned forward, placing both of her gloved hands on his table whilst willing herself not to break something "Everyone... EVERYONE here... says that you... MIGHT...serve coffee... Alleviate these sayings now."

Darius
Mentioning: Silver Fae Silver Fae

Darius breathed a sigh of relief as the strange woman walked off. He turned to Wisteria with a flustered smile on his face. "I don't know about you, but I think we handled that really well! I've never faced confrontation like that before. I feel...brave!" he gushed, He hadn't felt this confident in himself in a while. Especially not as a result of socializing. His face was practically beaming with excitement.

Caleb
Mentioning: NighttimeForest NighttimeForest
"No problem at all, Valente," Caleb said, taking his hand and gently shaking it, perhaps lingering a bit longer than necessary before he let go. "Fittingly enough, it's the Flower Festival. The day we celebrate all the beautiful flora that grows in and around this lovely town. Coincidentally, this stand is to advertise me and my brother's florist's shop. Technically, I'm supposed to be selling these, but as you're a new addition..." He trails off as he brings out a bouquet of camellias, presenting them with a charming smirk. "These are well known for being a symbol of good luck, which I feel will prove useful for a traveler like yourself."

Last edited:
Wisteria beamed back at him, practically bursting herself. I think we handled it well, too! I feel quite accomplished, The young woman piped. Suddenly, Misty found herself standing, bouncing up and down for a moment before holding out her hand for a high-five. That was great!

interaction: jadafun jadafun

Valente
Interacting: Caleb jadafun jadafun
Valente was relieved that they didn't take offense to him not introducing himself first. He did notice that they lingered a bit, but he didn't think it meant much of anything. Flower festival? He should have probably guessed that by all the flowers around. So he has a brother and they both work as florists? That sounded like a lovely time. He'll be sure to find out where the shop is outside of the festival since he would love to get some flowers for his inn room, well that is if he gets one. Then they brought out a bouquet of camellias. His eyes widened and he kept looking between the bouquet and Caleb "Oh I- I mean they're lovely I just.." he was stuck between not wanting to have taken something that they could have sold and not being rude to deny a gift from someone. "Thank you," he finally settled on accept the gift as he gentle took the bouquet, making sure to not hurt the flowers. "I am going to be bar tending so.. If you like drinking at all then the first one is on the house from me. Of course if you don't like alcohol I can make tea, or coffee depending on what you like.." he didn't feel right to not do something in return.

• Ashe.Duran.full.2676579.png
    Date: Friday Spring 6th, Flower Festival
    Time: 1pm || Midday

Interacting With:
    Rhys ( AmazingAllyCat AmazingAllyCat ), Olivers Troy ( GrieveWriter GrieveWriter )
    Mentions:
    Lumina ( Lumina Lumina ) Ren ( Archdemon Archdemon ) Emily ( Pik Pik )
    Near:
    Emilia (Archdemon) Noah ( L Libero )
    ~ Outside the Cafe ~
    I Want To See A Brief Future || Hunter’s CS File
    He was happy that Lumina had been excited and that she was looking to be alright today. He watched her get swept away in conversation as the Rocker boy, Ren, started to question her about her instrument. He certainly enjoyed music but damned if he knew one thing about it. He’d much rather show appreciation of the art from the sidelines as Lumina went dazzling others. He took the moment to turn to Rhys who had spoken to him.

Uh uh-oh. Dammit, he’d noticed then? He really didn’t mean for it to have been so long since he’d last seen Rhys, after all they were the same age it’d be nice to hang out one day, but he was the doctor after all. It would almost be insulting to spend to much time hanging out when he’d inevitably lie to him down the line to skip checkups. He respected Rhys fully, but he also didn’t like clinics or hospitals or medicine.

“I suppose it has been a good amount of time hasn’t it. Well! Have you decided who you’re intending to take to the dance?”

Ah yes, insert foot into mouth. He could practically hear Alessia cackling in the back of his mind. She always did say he had to be less obvious when changing the subject. He put his hands to his face and hoped he seemed more put together than he felt he sounded. With a breathe in to calm himself some he put down his hands and dared to look up. Luckily it seemed Emily was fairing no better as she stumbled on her words as well when the doctor greeted her.

Wait, why was she reminding him of the money? Did he forget to collect rent this month? Jewel was getting over in that case. But honestly, he didn’t feel he needed to have someone hide from him. He tried to give her a reassuring smile, but he would be addressing that later.

He nearly didn’t notice that a strange man in a lab coat came up until he saw Rhys’ eyes move off him and to the side. Strangely enough despite the cool tone to his voice Hunter couldn’t help but feel off about him. Perhaps it was because he wasn’t quite here to enjoy the festival as the other tourists were? There was also a part of him that felt unease about the comment of her breaking someone, he didn’t know the man well enough to know if that was a joke. Even so, he took it as an implied threat for safety stepping out in between Emily and The man. Lumina was on the other side so he felt a bit more comfortable with that but he didn’t really want troublemakers in town when they were all a distance from the unofficial protections of Kore.

“Scheduling issues? Have you been on the road long? That doesn’t quite seem healthy. What exactly are you trailblazing for? Information is a very broad answer.”

✤ caroline brighton ✤
interacted: Sam Nona Nona | mentioned: | location: Sam's Stall

Caroline strode through the street, her hand clutching a small purse tightly at her side. Small pearls hit against her ears, jangling with every sharp step she took. As much as she would rather be inside the house was getting bland. She knew just what would cheer it up a bit-- Some bright, nice flowers from the kid with the stall. At least, she was pretty sure there was a guy selling flowers at the square. Caroline herself had never been there, and with the people milling around she wasn't all too comfortable in the situation. She didn't want to look like she didn't know what she was doing.

As she approached the market, Caroline's steps slowed dramatically, and her hand tightened even more around her small bag. She was now practically already in the circle of stalls. Her quick glance around warranted little results except for seeing several transactions already under way. Caroline spotted the man she had heard about behind a stall and almost ran over. When she reached the stall, she looked around with a pout and flipped a lock of ashen blonde hair over her shoulder. "Hello." Clearing her throat, she looked Samuel straight in the eyes and set her mouth into a small, tight smile. "You do sell flowers, right?"

Last edited:

Magic Loving Librarian
Thomas Pasquerella
SPOILER_Pengruoxibh.png
Morning. Such a time of day is always dreadful to Thomas as it rips him away from his precious dreams. Dream of magic and lost archives of ancient knowledge that could truly only exist in dreams. Warm, his bed and blanket wrapping him in comfort. Did he really want to get up? It was debatable. On one side his dreams were always vibrant; on the other side, no book is going to read and repair itself. If the ceiling could stare back at Thomas it would defiantly be a judging or even shaming look.

With his decision made Thomas let out his first, rather long, yawn as he stretched his arms over his head. Then he rolled onto his back, like a cat he made his body as long as possible and a few of his joints made popping sounds while his meager muscles let go of their morning stiffness. With the enthusiasm of a sloth, Thomas got out from under the blanket and sat up and looked around his room before grumbling to no one in particular. "Another day, another abandonment of a perfectly warm bed." Finally putting his legs to work Thomas got up and made his way to the bathroom, performing his daily ritual of soap and water. Only after he was convinced he hadn't missed a spot did the librarian dry himself off and seek out his clothing. Pants, an undershirt, and two layers of wizardly robes later, Thomas passed through the door that connected his dwelling to the library. After a quick check of his handy work from the night before, Thomas went to the front window and turned the sign over to open. Soon after unlocking the door then going to work at his desk near the door.

However, Thomas forgot what day it was, even though he was fine quietly reading, writing, and cleaning away. By noon he had no one come in and grew curious. So as his grandfather clock struck twelve and rung out, Thomas took a sign out from under his work desk reading "OUT FOR LUNCH." With a happy hum and a giggle of keys, Thomas walked out the front door, locked it, and hung his sign. As he left the library, Thomas heard the festivities around the town square. Where originally he had been going to the cafe, he ended up gravitating towards the square. Slowly he had started checking each stall, doing mental gymnastics with himself to decide which one he would like most. And so he burned time, momentarily forgetting about his hunger

Information

Mood: Curious

Interacting with: TBD
Tags: TBD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back