• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings [OLD THREAD] Violet Meadows (Harvest Moon inspired RP)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
1565567361249.png

Location - Cafe

Nea burst through the Staff Only door in a frenzy, half-jogging into the room before seeing the man sitting on the chair. She let out a small squeak before saying in one breath, "IamsosorryIshould'vebeenhereearlier!" She flushed, took a deep breath, and continued. "I'm new to town, and got a bit lost." She smiled sheepishly. "I really hope you aren't my boss. I mean-" She cut herself off, reverting back to embarassed. "Not because you'd be a bad boss, I've just made a terrible first impression if you are!" She paled slightly as she noticed the freshly unpacked utensils. "You are, aren't you? Geez," she muttered the last part under her breath, face growing redder by the moment. Idiot, she told herself. There goes the job. On your first day, no less!

LoliCowboy LoliCowboy Pik Pik
phZil6C.png
wEBk7IC.png

Location - Cafe
Fully immersed in his notebook trying to think of recipes that would go well the the theme of the cafe, Noah was interrupted by the loud sound of opening doors. Following it, a woman who was out of breath quickly began to say something at lighting speed. Luckily, Noah was able to catch a few words and understood what she was saying. She proceeded to explain her reason for why she was supposedly late and why Noah isn't a bad boss. Thinking to himself, he smiled to himself and began saying in a low and serious tone, "Being late on the first day of work? What worse of an impression can you give on the first day..." while slowly turning around, ".....Is what I would say If I was actually on time and if I was a cruel human being!" Noah finished saying happily and jokingly while laughing. "I just got here myself a few minutes ago so don't worry about it." said Noah, "You could think of me as your boss but really I'm just the newly hired chef here".

After starring out her window for about 30 minutes, Emily looked over at her clock and suddenly a wave of panic struck as she realized shes late for work on problay the worst day possible. "Epp! Oh oh no no no I did it this time!" She quickly threw off her night clothes and put on her uniform running out the door, her hair still a mess from sleep. Emily quickly ran to the cafe possibly knockin over a few people on her way "so sorry!". After a moment a unkempt girl ran into the kitchen trying to catch her breath "so so so sorry please don't fire me!" She looked up and around "oh the boss instant here yet."

L Libero LoliCowboy LoliCowboy

After some time, Devon wasn't sure how long but it was long enough for his hands to start shaking, the purple haired young man decided he might have better luck somewhere less busy. With that in mind, he wandered right out of the area the festival events and stalls were being held. Thankfully, it didn't take long for the now-vibrating androgynous writer to locate a building sporting the word 'café' and he set his path ditectly towards it.

He barely noticed the tinkling of the bell above the door through the loud noiseless sound in his ears. Unable to hold himself up any longer, he fell on his face right there in the doorway, making some odd desparate noises in the back of his throat and unsure if anyone was even around to hear him.

His vision began to fade...

((Location: Café entrance. Interaction: None yet. Nearby: L Libero LoliCowboy LoliCowboy Pik Pik ))

LoliCowboy LoliCowboy Pik Pik
phZil6C.png
wEBk7IC.png

Location - Cafe

Right as Noah finished his sentence, he and the girl who he just met was greeted by another sound of the STAFF ONLY door opening. In came another woman who was dressed in a waitresses outfit. "No worries at all, both of us here were late too" said Noah. He continued saying "Never mind the boss not being here, I don't think we even have one. I guess were all equals here" Noah was about to say both of the girls name but then realized they none of them have done any introductions yet. "Lets start with introductions. I'm Noah Bell, the chef here at this cafe, nice to meet you all" Noah said with a bright smile on his face.

1565572704352.png

location - cafe
L Libero LoliCowboy LoliCowboy Pik Pik

"Pleasure to meet you then, Chef Noah! I'm Nea," Nea said, recovering herself. She stuck out a hand to greet the chef, and began to say to the newer arrival. "Don't worry, I don't think anyone is getting fi-"

Nea barely had time to process her even later coworker before she heard a thud from the main area of the cafe, cutting her off mid-sentence. "What was that?" She gasped, popping her head out of the staff only door. She jerked back abruptly, looking to the other two for assistance. "That's... That's a person! On our floor? Is that... Normal here?" She shook her head. Neither of them would know what constituted "normal" here, she guessed.

Last edited:

• Amelia Krauss •

a3305cef-9534-4dd1-b282-0f86fdab6ce8-jpeg.611963
Amelia just smiled softly and shook her head at Cassia’s first answer about the dance. While she did agree the event did lift spirits... she was sure she had never seen Samuel be so energetic for something before which was a perfect piece of evidence she supposed she still felt that she would probably sit that part of the festival out. She tilted her head as Cassia then mentioned making food that her birds could also enjoy, that was a cute thought and she could tell Cassia mant it, like she always seemed to when talking about her birds. She supposed Samuel talked in a similar way about his animals so she was used to it. Before she could comment, the excitable young farmer had changed the subject to food and not just any foods. The sweet treats from Max’s Stall. Her gaze had sneaked over her shoulder to look over at Max and his stall briefly before turning her gaze away again, her stomach only seconds later than Cassias also growling in agreement. Despite being a nurse, Amelia had a huge sweet tooth. One she didn’t like to admit to but her after work visits to the bakery on a rather frequent basis was probably more than enough to put together the assumption. “I’ve never tasted any of the festival themed stuff. I’m guessing everyone goes all out for it“ She asked before Cassia had once again changed the subject to the dance.

The Cassia guarantee. The thought caused the young nurse to laugh a little. If now two people she had talked to seemed so passionate about getting to have fun with it, maybe she should try to stick around of it, even if it was only to watch...As soon as having a sweet treat for breakfast was mentioned. Amelia’s own gaze seemed to light up briefly. The nurse in her saying no, but her own fondness for treats and her skipping of breakfast winning the battle in her head “Not on a special occasion...We can both grab some” she answered with a bright smile shown to the farmer. with that she took to the stall with Cassia, waving politely to those around it already. “Good morning Oliver~ “ She said to the little boy first with a smile before looking to the stall owner himself “Morning Max!” she greeted with a gentle tilt of her head. “I told you. She was swayed by the mention of your cakes. She thinks on her stomach more than she’d care to admit” Samuel piped up with a lopsided smile directed towards Max as Amelia puffed up her slightly pink cheeks “I see you are slacking off away from your stall already it’s not even noon yet...” she muttered with slightly furrowed brows and lowered eyelids as Samuel just snickered but stopped when he noticed there actually was someone at his own stall...He’d need to head over there already... Amelia’s eyes looked over the selections of goodies briefly after this “In all seriousness though. All this stuff looks amazing. I’d even feel guilty eating some of them they look so good” she commented With a light giggle as she fiddled a curl in her hand, referring to some of the more elaborate designed bite sized cakes on show, her gaze flicking up briefly as she said this.

Kabochamp Kabochamp Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre screaming armadillo screaming armadillo

"O oh t then are we really late then hehe." She let's out a bit of a uncharacteristic joke of her. "Ah um my name is Emily sap I mean Lilly, y yes Emily Lily is my name." She let's out a slight blush forgetting about the new last name that was forced apon her. It hadn't been nearly a week since her parents abandoned her here with so little and even took her name with them. Suddenly one of her one of her co workers panic as she sees someone collapse outside "epp! W what d do we I I don't think this was p part of the job."

LoliCowboy LoliCowboy L Libero

Billie T
Interaction: MiraAutumn MiraAutumn
Billie looked up from the candy smeared origami she was making to grin at Rein. Standing upon the table, she worked her way through her stock before sliding a small jar of jam out and passing it to Rein. Once the trade had been completed she wasted no time in whipping out one of the gold coins and biting it. She did the same for three more coins before smirking and pocketing the money.

"Mark it up, boys. More Monies on Jam." she called out before moving to return to her seat, pausing only when Rein offered his greeting. She raised an eyebrow at him before glancing down to the origami piece she held. With a shrug, Billie pulled her lollipop out before stuffing the unfinished project into her mouth.

"Billie T. enjoys the Monies." she said whilst chewing the sugar-soaked paper, swallowing it down before grinning wide once more "Long as there monies, there no troubles for Billie T."

She offered nothing else as she returned to selling her wares to other visitors, their attention sufficiently grabbed by the odd set up Billie had. The rest of her crew had finished offloading their stock onto the tables, proving more various than initially thought. As if someone had packed an entire yard sale into those trucks, visitors were soon looking over spare tires, bikes and several varieties of plaster.

LoliCowboy LoliCowboy Pik Pik Ocean123 Ocean123
phZil6C.png
wEBk7IC.png

Location - Cafe

After finishing introductions with one another, Noah noticed the 2 ladies rushing to the kitchen door and was wondering what was startling them. He decided to peak out of the kitchen himself and to his surprise he saw someone lying down on the floor. ''Hmm...He doesn't look like the ingredients I ordered for today's opening..." Noah said as a joke. "Anyways for now we should hel -" Noah stopped his sentence suddenly and rushed to the stranger "Is that you, lil bro?! No....my lil bro looks a lot younger.... Anyway for now lets rest him on one of the benches." Noah finished saying as he picked up the stranger and put him on a bench. "Could one of you ladies grab a glass of water and a wet towel?" he looked back and said to Emily and Nea. "I wonder if there's a doctor around here..." Noah said to himself quietly.

The twenty-three year old groaned as he was moved, blinking blearily at the vaguely person-shaped blur in front of him. "F-food... Help..." With that, Devon closed his eyes, fighting against the dizziness. "Hun...gry..."

((Location: Café. Interaction: L Libero LoliCowboy LoliCowboy Pik Pik ))

Interacting with: Open for interaction
Mentions: MiraAutumn MiraAutumn
A year had already passed since Hawthorn moved (semi)permanently to Violet Meadows. She had always been familiar with the village with her frequent visits throughout her childhood, but as of lately this little town seemed to be at the center of some social revolution. The younger generation was beginning to replace the older one, bringing with them new ideas, new ways of thinking. Change had the poten tial to bring both positive and negative consequences to her town, but Hawthorn was mostly accepting of the shifting structure of her tiny town.

"You know," Hawthorn said in a grunt as she shoved foliage out of her way. "It would be amazing if you could maybe just pretend to be a guard dog. Maybe just a little bit?" Hawthorn stepped out of the forest bordering her village. She inhaled deeply, relieved to have finally made it out of the thick of the forest, and wiped the brown goo on the blade of her sword onto the side of her pants. A rustling in the forest behind her crescendoed until Ham, a stocky red and white pittbull, crashed out of the forest, his big mouth opened wide and tongue lolling out. He was dressed in an olive green harness with a rubber handle on the back and two empty storage bags on the sides. The two just nearly made it out of a confrontation with an angry swarm of bats and bugs. Apparently they didn't take to kindly to Ham invading their space.

As a reply, Ham simply stared at her, licked his chops and then returned to his open mouth panting.

Hawthorn rolled her eyes but still kneeled down to give her furry companion some head rubs. Ahead of her was the lively village square, bustling with activity due to the Flower Festival. Her grandmother had always loved this festival, but as of late she couldn't manage to even leave her bed. "Let's bring Grandma something, hm, Ham?" Ham wagged his tail after hearing his name. Hawthorn smiled, clearly amused by her goofy dog, and started for the square.

Stalls were set up all around her with merchants selling items from jams and handmade pastas to furniture. Hawthorn glanced into each stall, occasionally accidentally making eye contact with the merchant and being sucked into a conversation with them. Amongst Hawthorn's meandering, Ham was mooching off of kind-hearted festival-goers for any food they were willing to give. After about half an hour of strolling around, Hawthorn recognized one of the faces in the crowd to be one of her fellow Adventure Guild members, Rein. As she got closer, she noticed the unfamiliar merchants setting up in front of him. Was something going down? Hawthorn looked around for Ham, spotting him farther away licking up little pieces of food a baby kept throwing to the floor. Her hand moved to rest casually on the handle of her sword as she looked upon this interaction with a cautious expression.

1565585578031.png

location - cafe
L Libero Ocean123 Ocean123 Pik Pik

"Food! I'm sure we've got something!" Nea said, taking off back into the kitchen. She rummaged through the fridge, pulling out a small plastic container of blueberries, undoubtedly saved for some sort of pastry or similar concoction. Surely this was more important now. She ran back out, fumbling with the sticky seal on the packaging. "Oh, come on," she muttered as she strode toward the figure on the bench. It wasn't enough, but hopefully it would tide him over until they figured out something more concrete. She was distantly aware of the activity outside, and felt a mild tug of irritation that no one had stopped to help the obviously distressed individual. "Here," she said, holding out the package. Then, thinking better of the action, given his state right now, she sheepishly fished a berry out from among its comrades and shoved it awkwardly in his mouth.

phZil6C.png
wEBk7IC.png

After hearing the stranger call out for food, Noah looked back and was about to ask for food but already saw Nea running to the kitchen to get something. "Hang in there, food's coming" he said softly to the stranger. Seeing Nea bring out food and awkwardly feed the stranger, Noah said to her "He should be fine now. I'll be at the kitchen, I've got to prepare for today's opening with what we got. Keep me updated on our little friend over there" as he disappeared into the kitchen making quite a ruckus.

Once again immersed in his own little world of cooking, Noah opened his bag to unveil a black briefcase with a lock. He opened the lock and opened his briefcase to set out his cooking utensils which consisted of knives, a spatula, measuring cups, etc. He looked around the kitchen while opening cabinets to see if there were any ingredients he could use. Thankfully there was a reasonable amount of ingredients that he could use to bake some cookies, cakes and muffins. Ignoring the outside world, he started baking.

Last edited:
Isekai-Shokudou-ep1-Aletta-waitress-stitch.jpg
"I I think I'll get the dining room set up d do you got him covered?" She asks Nea. She walks away from the scene and begins to set up the tables around the room. After about five to ten minutes tourists from outside started to come in as Emily ties up her long messy hair. "A ah um welcome!"

LoliCowboy LoliCowboy L Libero Ocean123 Ocean123

Feeling something put into his mouth, he barely remembered to chew the berry before greedily swallowing. Opening his eyes as his strength returned, it finally occurrd to him that the young lady he saw was hand feeding him. "Th-thank you... Sorry for the trouble..." Devon was sure his face must be beet red as he began picking berries for himself, hands shaking more from embarrassment than severe hunger at this point.

"It seems I've developed an unfortunate habit of losing myself in my work and forgetting to eat." He figured these nice people deserved some explanation for why he had collapsed at the door. "I really do need to start remembering food before my body starts shaking..."

Rein Laviope
Kisumi-Shigino-Free-Eternal-Summer.jpg
Interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Nephalem Nephalem
Rein smiled back at BIllies grin, finally catching a glimpse of her face. She seemed well enough not to be concerned about child labour and the like, considering she was climbing on top of tables and whatnot, so he breathed an internal sigh of relief. Gently, he took the small jar and placed it in his satchel, before dropping the small gold coins in her little hands. He watched her curiously as she bit four of the gold coins he had offered, was she testing its authenticity? How advanced was this little girls knowledge of being a salesman? He couldn't help but chuckle a little at the sight.

At her response to his question, he gave a small smile. As expected of a merchant. "I see, that's good to hear. Well, thank you for the jam." He patted the little girls head on his way out, entering the chaotic flow of people once more. His thoughts were a little pre-occupied at the moment by his thoughts on the stall, somewhat forgetting he had people he had left behind. Out of the corner of his vision, Rein noticed a figure standing off to the side, warily watching the stall he was just at. Recognizing the blond mop of hair, he approached her with a smile. "Good morning Blake, hope you've been enjoying the festival. Say, where's Ham-" As he was looking around for the doggo, he caught the eye of the messy eater not too far in the distance. "Nevermind, found him." He chuckled.

After a moment of silence, he glanced at Billies stall once more. In a more subtle voice, he explained his thoughts on the odd merchant stall that had rolled in. "I don't think they mean any harm, but it'd be good to keep an eye on them. Their numbers are no joke afterall." With a brighter voice, he smiled. "On another note, their wares are really interesting, they sell rare jams I've never even heard of!"

phZil6C.png
wEBk7IC.png

Location - Cafe
After finally finishing baking some cakes, cookies and muffins, Noah had a reasonable amount ready to put on display for the customers. Thankfully, the old menu was still in the cafe and all the items there seemed great. Noah went out to the main cafe with two trays full of food and started putting them on display in the display cases. "Nea! We've got menus here for the customers" Noah said to her. He then began to start brewing some coffee with some coffee beans he found in the kitchen's storage room. "For now this should do, all the ingredients left here seem to be new and ready to use" he said to himself.

After finishing, he noticed the stranger has woken up. Noah approached him and said
"Heyo, how are you feeling?" Noah asked the stranger who still looked dazed. "I'm Noah Bell, the chef here. Welcome to the Cafe"

1565585578031.png

location - cafe
Ocean123 Ocean123 L Libero Pik Pik

"I think that's admirable, in it's own way!" Nea said to Devon. "My name is Nea. Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything more." She nodded at Noah. "I'll get right on it!" She said, the bounce returning to her stance. So much excitement, and she hadn't even fully begun her shift yet!

Devon offered a tired smile at the kind young woman but his eyebrows shot towards his hairline at the chef's introduction. "Noah Bell...? Well, this is an odd coincidence... My name's Devon Bell. I just got to town today but will be living here for the forseeable future." As he spoke, the purple haired youth somehow managed to finish nearly all of the blueberries without even noticing or talking with food still in his mouth.

"Oops... Um... Here are the remains of your blueberries... Sorry about that..." Blushing deeply, he set the container on the closest table and reached for his coin purse kept in what was essentially a brown leather fanny-pack. "How much do I owe you?"

phZil6C.png
wEBk7IC.png

Location - Cafe
"You just might be my long lost brother"
Noah said to Devon with a smile. Noah thought that things seemed to be better and realized that he needed to attend to the customers. "Well I'll leave you to ladies to Devon over here. In the meantime, I need to introduce myself in the grand re-opening of the cafe." Noah said while walking to a nearby table. "Make sure you attend to the customers after" Noah said finally.

Noah then introduced himself to all the tables. He told them the cafes name, welcomed them and told them he would be their chef for today. After introducing himself, he disappeared to the kitchen

Isekai-Shokudou-ep1-Aletta-waitress-stitch.jpg
"R right." Emily said with a panic nod. She picked up her notebook to write orders on too. "Okay Em you can do this, you wont be able to keep that peaceful room if you can't pay for it." She slaps her cheeks and as brave as possible she begins walking around the tables Nea hasn't covered yet taking orders and bringing them back to the kitchen for Noah to make.

LoliCowboy LoliCowboy L Libero Ocean123 Ocean123

Billie T
Interaction: Open
Mention: MiraAutumn MiraAutumn
Billie pouted at the head pat she received as Rein walked off, but merely rolled her eyes before returning to her seat. As her goons continued working, directing curious onlookers to her, she resumed selling. Soon a purse of gold coins began accumulating beside her, the stock on the tables slowly diminishing as the festival went on. Billie T barely moved from her spot except to take payments or shout orders to her guys, but that didn't stop her from seeming excessively energetic with every interaction. Dramatically waving her little arms when giving partial explanations or waving potential customers to other tables nearby.

In the Forest...

Dr. Stockwell and Dr. Troy
Interaction: Open
Dr. Troy hopped out of the passenger seat with a stretch before leaning down to the van's wheels "I didn't think that Off-road tires would make that much of a difference."

"Shows what you know about vehicles." Dr. Stockwell grumbled as she went to the back of the van and pulled the doors open "Go and inform the local governance, I shall begin preparing the tents."

"You know that won't really be necessary if I can find an inn with available spacing, correct?"
Dr. Troy folded his arms "Or is the concept of walking amongst the festival so chilling that-?"

"Shut up, Stringbean." Dr. Stockwell snapped at him "I'm hearing a lot of backtalk when I should be hearing your little feet pitter-pattering away before you burn anymore daylight."

They stared at each other for a while before Dr. Troy raised his hands up to his sides "Guess it is." he said before pulling out a clipboard "Very Well, I'll leave you to adjust and hopefully I'll get some data before I return. That always seems to calm you-"

"Still no pitter patter!!!" Dr. Stockwell barked, and it was then Dr. Troy took his leave.

He wouldn't begrudge her the attitude, not only was he numb to such things but he was prepared for her to not take to this assignment. Dr. Stockwell was in her element in clean labs and tidy offices, places where she had near-complete control over her work station. The outdoors offered many uncontrollable factors, and one of those factors was people. It said quite a lot when out of the two of them, he was the people person, but he was certain she'd get used to it eventually.

In the meantime, he scribbled down whatever details he could on his clipboard as he approached the town. Trees were relatively healthy, soil fertility definitely seemed promising, they still didn't have a direct line to the Adventure guild but they'd get notes on that mine eventually. Once he crossed the threshold of trees and could get a better look at the village of Kore, he began idly scribbling down notes on construction and placement of the buildings that made up the small town.

Standing apart from the crowd mostly due to his height, Dr. Troy wandered about the festival taking note of as much as he could. All the while he kept his eyes peeled for something, giving a small hum whenever he thought he spotted it.

Interacting with: MiraAutumn MiraAutumn GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
Hawthorn gave the child-boss and her pop-up shop a scornful look before turning to accept Rein's greeting. He was one of the few member's of the guild Hawthorn had actually built a relationship with. A gentle smile replaced the scowl Blake wore. "Rein," Hawthorn chimed happily. "I'm glad to see you". Mocking desperation, she gives Rein an exasperated look and says, "I've been wandering around here forever now! Ham is going to gain so much weight!" Upon hearing his name, Ham's head perks up from the sandwich he was eating out of some poor bystander's hand. He looks over at Blake and Rein, wags his tail, and begins trotting over. After snatching up the rest of the sandwich, of course.

Hawthorn shoots another look back at the child-run stall after Rein reassures her of their intentions and mentions their 'exotic' jams. "Rein," Blake gives him an amused look. "You know they could just be giving made-up names to common jams, right?" Not wanting to discredit his purchase, she quickly adds in, "I'm sure it'll taste great though".

"On another note, I really don't know how you do it. That child," Hawthorn's gaze center's on the girl sucking smugly on a lollipop while her employees rushed around her to manage her wares, "seems like a heathen. You're really good at dealing with difficult people Rein, that's a respectable quality".

Ham finally reaches the duo and, recognizing Rein, becomes overwhelmed with excitement. Completely ignoring Blake, he barks happily and bounds towards Rein, hopping around him excitedly. "You see how he ignores me," Hawthorn jokingly purses her lips at her dog's display. "Without me you'd be a trash dog with no food!" The phrase 'no food' stops Ham in his tracks. He seems taken aback by her words. "Oh, like you don't eat enough already," Blake says with an eye roll.

Yamazaki.Sosuke.600.1823773.jpg

Just fine Oli!” The baker answered with his best ebullient tone, which was probably at best half that of the jovial boy’s. Neither could Max match the beaming smile that only kids such as Oliver and very few adults could create on a whim. An interestingly one of a kind boy in a town that seems to be full of one of a kinds. Was it something in the water? Maybe just the lifestyle? Max didn’t care enough to give it anymore than a passing thought.

In that moment of ponder Oliver had switched his attention to Samuel. This allowed Max time to stealthily slide that desired carrot cake and a Bundt cake to the edge of the counter. Well, as stealthy as ceramic sliding on wood allows. Apparently he was so concentrated trying not to alert Oliver that Max never saw the women walk up until they made their presence known. Nor had the violet haired man that was hanging around the outskirts been seen while he trudged away. Lack of sleep or bad timing perhaps.

Good morning ladies!” Max returned the chipper greeting after a pause. After he recovered from his heart jumping out of him in a jolt of panic. Quietly he watched the amusing back and forth between cousins while hoping nobody saw his little embarrassment. A chuckle was choked back as Amelia swiftly turned her attention to the sweets. Max gave a little mercy since this was her first Flower Festival. When she complimented his work he smiled sweetly. “You’ll make me blush if you keep flattering me like that.” He gushed with a smirk. All the while his feet fidgeted as they always do when compliments are thrown his way.

(Uintentionally the baker had told an innocent half truth. Only once in his life, at least to his knowledge, had he blushed. And that story would never leave his lips without divine intervention.)

"Anything catch your eye?” The baker asked while dropping down to grab paper plates. He quickly plopped the slice of carrot cake on the first knowing the jig was up, but a plan to counter Oliver’s sense of fair trade had yet to be made.

Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Nona Nona Kabochamp Kabochamp

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back