• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic πš…π™Έπ™Ύπ™»π™΄π™½πšƒ πš„π™Ώπ™±πšπ™Έπ™½π™Άπ™Έπ™½π™Ά -- 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗋𝖺𝖼𝗍𝖾𝗋 π–Όπ—‹π–Ύπ–Ίπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡ π—Œπ—π–Ίπ—π—‚π—ˆπ—‡

Lore
Here
Other
Here

β€” DOSSIER.

NAME

Elijah Meldrake

β€” PERSONA (BLURBS).

VIRTUES

- life of the party
- a bit of an eccentric
- idealistic
- emanates a sort of childlike zest for life
- detail-oriented, mischievious
- highly expressive and innovative, individualistic
- charming and endearing
- driven, introspective, a bit of a romantic (suffers from cases of puppy love)
- a daydreamer, visionary, goal-oriented
- someone one can easily talk to, confide in

VICES

- ever-shifting states of identity
- two-faced
- if he ignores his problems long enough, they will go away
- restless
- competitive, tendency towards jealousy
- insecure about his achievements or current state of self (things could always be better type of mentality.
- a bit of a moodswinger - tendency towards melancholic, tempestuous, withdrawn attitude
- idealistic to a fault
- comes across as more naive than he actually is (manipulative streak)
- painfully self aware of his issues, but his escapist nature makes it hard to deal with them/consequences

ASPIRATIONS/FEARS

- very claustrophobic

- wants to leave his mark on the world, fulfill an idealized version of himself, fueled by the ever heroic image of his deceased superhero father

- fears that he cannot fill his father's shoes, or ever outgrow his shadow

- secret fear/denial of the fact that there is a terrible, dark side to the superhero dream/the amazing superhero figure his father supposedly was. Feels as if that's all he has left of his dad, doesn't want that image of him sullied

β€” POWER (BLURBS).

"ANGEL" PHYSIOLOGY

- father had the power to ingest metal (mostly titanium) and have metallic "limbs"/blades grow out of his body at will, develop his own metallic skin of armour, while mother had the ability to produce venom from her fingertips, tears, blood, saliva, etc;.

=

- born with "feathered" wings, made up of extremely hardened keratin (a sort of biological alloy hybrid equivalent of titanium).
- tips of the feathers are the central points of toxicity. Eli has the ability to shoot them out (like a porcupine does with it's needles).

STRENGTHS:

- gives him the ability of flight
- his feathers regrow
- good PR (golden hair, blue eyes, heavenly wings type of beat)
- with good training, Eli has been able to hone his wings' natural flexibility, rapid aerodynamics and his own agility to create a solid "dance" of a fighting routine
- he has the ability to more or less control the toxic concentration of his feathers

WEAKNESSES:

- naturally, like many of his fellow classmates, Eli does not have full mastery of his powers. What does this mean?

- well first of all, it means that just because he can shoot out dagger-sharp feathers doesn't mean he necessarily has the precision or aim to do so just yet. thankfully, he's outgrown the "oh snap, I feel a big sneeze coming - oh shit woops there go all the feathers" phase a long while ago, and has sufficient control over his porcupine ability

- just like a sword needs its whetstone, Eli's steel-keratin feathers need lots of good food to keep up their ultra metahuman durability and sharpness. This means that Eli has one hell of an appetite, and his diet regularly consists of foods rich in promoting the production of keratin (eggs, salmon, beef lover, carrots, onion, dark greens, nuts, etc). If Eli does not take care of his diet, his wings will suffer along with the rest of his body - decreased ability across all abilities relating to his wings

β€” BACKGROUND (BLURBS).

Elijah was an easy, delightful baby leading an easy, delightful life. With the fresh country wind in his golden locks and the taste of homegrown apples on his lips, the first portion of his young life was spent within the confines a sweeping country estate, isolated from the rest of the world. His education came in the form of an endless stream of tutors, while his upbringing was left in the hands of a small entourage of nannies and maids. When his mother, Isla Meldrake, was well enough, they would take walks across the endless acres, laughing at his mother's dry humoured jokes and marveling at how much higher and faster he could fly that day.

It was a charmed life, one that one could only see captured in paintings. Yet in this one, one crucial element seemed to be missing: Malcolm Meldrake.

His wife knew him as Mal, the handsome, steely-eyed rookie she had fallen in love with as a young, silly girl. Elijah knew him as the awe-inspiring yet distant figure who would appear at home for a few weeks every season, before being whisked off again to rejoin the rest of the world, where he was known as the Iron Titan, or as the media dubbed him,
the real life Man of Steel.

But with enough pressure, even metal can bend and break. The news of his sudden death spread far and wide, but when it hit home, it hit hard. With the death of one their top agents, the government came, like the grim reaper, to reap everything else that his contract had assured and provided.
Of course, not everything needed to be so heartless; a deal could be made, they said. A comfortable life for widow and child, they said, but all Isla could see was a replay of the life she'd led so far; under the government's control yet again, like marionettes to someone else's play. Worst of all, she could see the vultures circling for her son, whom they saw as the natural heir to the Iron Titan's legacy. She refused it all, and despite her ailing health, resolved to carve out a more independent, normal life and steer her son clear of the mistaken path her husband went down on.

And so, the charmed life Elijah knew faded away, as insubstantial as the shimmering heat haze. He celebrated his eighth birthday in a small, 500 sq foot apartment that his mother managed to snag with her savings. Life had shrunk, that was for sure and certain, but it wasn't all bad. He and his mother grew close in a way they never did before, and Elijah was excited to join a real school that following September. But Isla's health came knocking, demanding her strength, attention, and ability to provide. Countless hospital visits and payments for medication that were no longer covered by the government ate up her savings like a wolf on the hunt. Discrimination against meta-humans and her health impeded her from maintaining any semblance of a job, and worst of all, Elijah was going hungry nights at a time and the shadow of the vultures were never too far away.

Finally, Isla too, broke down. Perhaps she had overestimated her health, or underestimated the harsh reality of attempting to start new lives. Maybe it was the eviction from their small apartment, or the hardness of the sleeping mats in their new home; crowded, under-funded, dilapidated shelter for meta-women and their children, where the strongest tormented the weak, and Elijah suffered the worst of it.

Isla was judged unfit, and sent away to a facility better equipped to handle her condition. Elijah, on the other hand, was sent away to fulfill what was his natural birthright; spending the rest of his childhood in the same place his father once trained in to become the renowned, modern-day Man of Steel: Vochertrepp.

ELIJAH MELDRAKE
haven't I fallen for enough?
code by low fidelity.

cablebelly cablebelly

Just a heads-up that I've finished writing up elijah's backstory, and therefore the entire skeleton cs! bring forth thy judgment

round 2, we're tryin this again-

Name: Shoko Sasaki

xQQ9dM33ZEnCVGNuBBH1Tjs_fJBhxxMRr6jWBB3ggMSmUgamQqXKc3V2sJszUU2MeGkno9SwcLdHwJwSG-s0CfjgKkiUKCXIPj8UXmtTdp8H3WhIkEJT19Ic6NW0_RbMvM2Lvc6E

Personality: Shoko is more on the quiet reserved side, not wanting to draw much attention to herself in any situation. But when you actually get to know her, she’s a very kind but sarcastic person. This is most likely due to being raised in such a noisy and high-energy household, she could never match her family’s energy so she stopped trying. Although reserved, Shoko is very gifted in academics and combat. She grew up in a household full of boys, so had to develop a sort of mental and physical toughness, so it’s very hard to get her to crack or cry per se. Unfortunately, Shoko isn’t gifted in making friends due to her quiet nature, but in her childhood, she never needed to make friends since she had her brothers to keep her entertained.

Powers: In simple terms, Shoko has telepathy, with an extra ability. Shoko has the ability to talk to people through their minds. She can also mind link with multiple people at once, right now she can talk to up to 3 people in a 15m radius around her at a time, but the amount of people and range can increase through practice. She can also enter a person’s mind, without them knowing, and read their thoughts, but she can only do this to one person at a time and she gets knocked out/passes out while she’s reading their thoughts. But there are drawbacks to this power. If she uses the abilities for too long or has too many people linked to her at once, a loud static plays in her head. But if she persists, and still uses her power while the static plays in her head, it gets so loud that she could scream for it to stop.

Background: Shoko was the youngest daughter in an all-boys family. Her mother had died while giving birth to Shoko. So her father was left to care for her and her 4 other brothers, which was difficult but he was able to do it well. She found out she had powers when she was very young. And once her family knew, they celebrated. That’s mostly because her entire family were metahumans, granted they’re powers helped more in combat so they couldn’t really help train her power but they celebrated nonetheless. They all went to the same school so Shoko and her brothers were really tight knit. Shoko lived a pretty normal life, that was until she received the letter, asking her to attend Vochertepp, she was 11 at the time. Her family was ecstatic to say the least, her brothers were raving about how good the school was and encouraged Shoko to go and accept the invitation. So she accepted and headed off to Vochertepp. She was nervous to be somewhere without her family but since her brothers told her how good the school was, she had high hopes. At first, Shoko thought the school was great, they had amazing classes and it was cool seeing other metahumans aside from her brothers. But soon the veil was ripped away and she saw what the school really was. It was an institution that put a lot of pressure on these kids. She had the hopes of showing her brothers how much she had improved, but she had a feeling she never will.

i think this concept is a lot better, but does have a few fundamental issues. i have a hard time approving telepaths in big group rps such as these because it kind of requires everyone to write their character's surface thoughts in italics, and that's not something i want to force on people. it's just sort of hard to apply this type of power in what is looking to be a very large rp. if you could give me some thoughts on this issue i might be inclined to help you rework it, maybe we can limit to only speaking telepathically so that doesn't force anyone's hand, maybe work into a subset of the power where she can push on peoples minds and force out the truth or something like that. (would probably also need to dim the radius for multiple people)

Name: Wesley β€œWes” Campbell

Personality:

Wes Campbell is a boy who captures the duality of both youthfulness and maturity in his personality, acting too young for his age at times, and far too old at others. When in the company of other students, Wes comes off as friendly and laid-back. He's generous, and no one has to ask twice when they request something of him. Wes has been at Vochertepp long enough to know that the school and its staff can’t be trusted. He’s protective, and he’s put himself into the habit of looking out for other students as much as he can. As a bottom line, he always tries his best for others, no matter the expense.

He keeps his baggage to himself, causing him to internalize his grief and anxiety. He's spent a large part of his life having to grow up fast and deal with the pain of losing a loved one, and he's gotten into the habit of pushing away his emotions rather than learning how to deal with them.

Powers:

Wesley has the power of electricity manipulation. He can absorb electricity from nearby sources and harness that electrical power. Although this ability would grow with proper practice and training, he’s currently only able to draw on sources within about twenty feet, and only at a limited capacity. In terms of physical manifestation, he can produce moderate shocks through skin contact. He can manipulate electrical power and devices with intense focus, although using touch is much easier for him. He’s a favorite among students for being able to quickly charge phones or make people’s hair stand up to mess with them. His powers also enhance with weather changes, and stormy days make for much more effective abilities. Finding ways of using conductors is also incredibly useful.

One major weakness Wes has is water. If he is wet and uses his shocking powers, he will not be able to control himself. His power will end up backfiring, and he would instead be shocking himself. If someone else happens to be wet, their shock will be much more intense and quite harmful, whether or not he means it to be. He also currently has a source distance limit of twenty feet, which means that he’d be completely useless if he were in the middle of nowhere. Since he’s not exactly a master of his power, he has a habit of using it involuntarily. He’s had plenty of instances in which he’s burned out light bulbs or blew nearby fuses on accident due to a scare or intense emotion.

Background:

Wesley Campbell was raised by his mother on the coast of northern Oregon. His mother was a non-metahuman, and Wesley gained his metahuman lineage from his father’s side. While his father was absent since his birth, Wes and his mother were inseparable. When Wesley turned ten, his mother’s health began to decline. Wes devoted every spare moment he had to taking care of her, but three years later, she passed away.

Up until that point, Wes had never shown any aptitude for having powers, and since his mother wasn’t aware of his father’s abilities, no one knew that Wes was a metahuman at all. When his mother died, he tried to revive her. At that moment, he produced an electric shock that would’ve been similar to an AED. Although his actions proved to be futile, he then knew the powers that he possessed. The letter came immediately after. Rather than placing him in foster care, social workers opted to send him to the school.

When Wes arrived at Vochertepp, he was wary, but he was also weighed down by grief and desperate for somewhere to belong. He’s never had trouble making friends, so he was quickly able to find students to bond with. As four years went by, he became very familiar with the darkness and malpractice of the school, and what could’ve been a home proved to be more akin to a prison. Wes rarely steps out of line or engages in rebellion, but he’s well aware that the school is the enemy.

Wesley Campbell

code by low fidelity.

Tear! Him! Apart! Especially the power part!​

hellooo mav! i love his personality (as you know) and background is solid, one thing i might say if he's so level headed and doesn't step out of line, he might not yet know the horrors of the school. (so you could change that how you see fit)
the power seems a little weak to me! maybe if you described more about how he applies it, but for now, is it only just moderate shocks? are you trying to leave room for him to grow more because he's kept to himself so much that he hasn't grown a lot? (you could flip that the other way and say he's more in the school's bad graces but has more volatility to his power)
would like to see you buff it up i think!! or if you perhaps want to keep it low level like the concept that nh1 was going, which is also fine. i wanna hear more about it!

ahhh thank you! yeah sorry just a bit of silly wording because that is what I was implying that her powers were going to mirror her mother's but the injection seemingly twisted it!! you worded it perfectly! same goes for the "human greed" was meant to imply the pharma's greed but I can see how it would imply otherwise!

she was born "perfectly normal" but as she grew her powers were used with basically no input from her - if we want to be super scientific i'm sure there was something inwardly biological off the charts but didn't warrant concern when she was born? it begun with her saliva (cause y'know babies slobbering everywhere) which led to small issues with her mother but since she was powered her body could simply overcome it originally. then kids in daycare getting sick and well eventually her mother connected the dots and the rot had begun. at 17 it isn't just her fingertips anymore, it has spread almost to her knuckles.

i gotcha! and i like that explanation, yes! you're good to go onto the full sheet. im curious to here in the full thing how that rotten flesh might fully develop!

Hey, I saw somebody else went with the whole "powers forced out of them schnizz" and I just wanted to comment that I too will be going for that. If there is any problems with that please say it now. This is also a placeholder.
hi, it is semi off limits because your character at this point would not have had interaction with the RPME long enough for them to force powers out of you, and the RPME are the people who coined this technique. if you can come up with some other reason that some sort of seedy group had the tech ability to do this and got ahold of your character, it may be possible, but is not guaranteed.

Hello! I have kind of a fun concept for a character, hope you like it!

Name: Remy Chandler
Personality: Remy is grumpy, standoffish and volatile, but it's largely due to the fact he is in constant pain that ranges from manageable to crippling on any given day and can change very suddenly without warning. (This is a side effect of his power) He hates his life and wonders why he had to be born the way he was. That said, what few friends he manages to make and keep, he loves dearly and would do absolutely anything for them.

Powers: His power is a doozy, but not in a way that makes him op (I hope). Basically, he has the ability to take others pain away. Sort of a walking anesthetic. The hard part is he has little to no control over it, and the only limit to what pain he can take seems to be the amount of pain his own body can physically handle itself before shutting down. For example, if someone were to be tortured with him in proximity, while their bodies would take the physical damage, he would be the one that would feel it.

Background: His mother is his only family and she absolutely adores him. It's from her love and concern for him that she sent him off at the age of only 7 to live at the school, hoping to protect him. He doesn't tell her his control hasn't improved too much in ten years, or about the horrible place she sent him. She's the one thing in the world he stays alive for after all because he loves her dearly.
hi, unfortunately this concept is a bit bare bones and lacking in the detail i need to see at this stage. the power is very vague and is lacking proper weaknesses or applications. is he just walking around all the time with his powers constantly turned on, if this is true, i may entirely veto this power due to op-ness and also a couple plot reasons.

hi, unfortunately this concept is a bit bare bones and lacking in the detail i need to see at this stage. the power is very vague and is lacking proper weaknesses or applications. is he just walking around all the time with his powers constantly turned on, if this is true, i may entirely veto this power due to op-ness and also a couple plot reasons.

What would you like me to revisit? I wasn't sure how much detail you were looking for with a skeletal cs.

cablebelly cablebelly

Just a heads-up that I've finished writing up elijah's backstory, and therefore the entire skeleton cs! bring forth thy judgment

looking solid so far! background is a go, im a little concerned he's lacking in some weaknesses though. we've got the triple threat of flight, metal wings, and poison, but the only thing that he has bringing him down is his diet, which he's got on lock. is he possibly not immune to the poison secretes? maybe a little less like his wings are regrowable and a bit more destructable, breaking one could be like breaking a limb? are they heavy to fly with? what happens if he throws too many feathers out? no more flying for the day? how long does it take to regrow, perhaps a cool down period? i think incorporation of some of these ideas would help balance him out a lot and also add some interesting flavor.

What would you like me to revisit? I wasn't sure how much detail you were looking for with a skeletal cs.

the goal with a skeleton cs is to show me a fleshed out power and background concept, not crazy detailed, just all the elements out there so that i can tweak it as necessary. i need to know how exactly he's taking people's pain, by touch, by aura, he should be able to turn it off and off but maybe the lack of control can come from he can't control how fast he can take it, how much he can take, if you describe him as a walking anesthetic he doesn't sound like someone who takes pain, but maybe someone who can dull senses on other people? there's just a few ways you could go about such a thing but it would need to be a little more locked down for me to tweak or approve. a constant aura that takes all pain always would be a no, but i would be open to him possibly secreting some numbing agent, or having some touch to touch transfer of pain. i would also appreciate a bit more insight into his background as well.

out of curiosity, could we have a display version of the full-sized CS? just to have an idea of what mine ought to look like. if not then thats fine.

looking solid so far! background is a go, im a little concerned he's lacking in some weaknesses though. we've got the triple threat of flight, metal wings, and poison, but the only thing that he has bringing him down is his diet, which he's got on lock. is he possibly not immune to the poison secretes? maybe a little less like his wings are regrowable and a bit more destructable, breaking one could be like breaking a limb? are they heavy to fly with? what happens if he throws too many feathers out? no more flying for the day? how long does it take to regrow, perhaps a cool down period? i think incorporation of some of these ideas would help balance him out a lot and also add some interesting flavor.

the goal with a skeleton cs is to show me a fleshed out power and background concept, not crazy detailed, just all the elements out there so that i can tweak it as necessary. i need to know how exactly he's taking people's pain, by touch, by aura, he should be able to turn it off and off but maybe the lack of control can come from he can't control how fast he can take it, how much he can take, if you describe him as a walking anesthetic he doesn't sound like someone who takes pain, but maybe someone who can dull senses on other people? there's just a few ways you could go about such a thing but it would need to be a little more locked down for me to tweak or approve. a constant aura that takes all pain always would be a no, but i would be open to him possibly secreting some numbing agent, or having some touch to touch transfer of pain. i would also appreciate a bit more insight into his background as well.
I've rewritten it! Should I post it as a new reply, or edit my original post?

finished my cs skeleton after much procrastination:

Name: Jazz Altern

Personality: Jazz is intelligent, but also sly and selfish. His brain and lack of moral compass are enough to get him almost anything that he wants, but he does have a conscience. It just usually isn't strong enough to stop him from doing harm to others. Especially with what he's been through, he can't trust others completely, though he does always try to have some people come to his aid. Opening up is hard for him, and there's not much incentive for him to do so. Despite his cunning, Jazz does terribly in heated situations, as his brain stresses out when there's too much lying on his shoulders or when he gets worked up. When this happens, his adrenaline turns him into a reckless, impulsive, idiot; not the best person to be when things are at stake.

Powers: Dimensional Travel

Imprint: At the current level, Jazz can slip onto different uniform surfaces, appearing as a 2D image of himself. He can slide along the surface he is on/move onto other surfaces, unable to be affected by 3D objects. In this state, he can be hurt if the surface he is on is impacted/damaged. He can slip in and out almost instantaneously, always right next to the surface he’s emerging from. This ability can be used for fast travel, as his 2D version is faster and harder to hit than his regular self. He isn’t able to slip into surfaces he isn’t touching, but he is training to, since that would make his power much more useful. Unlike others, his control is really good, but the power itself just isn't that strong, though he hopes with training and new techniques, he can become as powerful as he wants to be. He calls the 2D version of himself his imprint, as it sounds good and is short.

Background: Throughout all his life, Jazz has had nobody to rely on. His parents were non-powered junkies, letting him fend for himself until they sold him to a human trafficking ring, where he was basically a slave. At this point, Jazz's powers had awakened, but he had absolutely no idea how to use it and no control anyways. The criminals took advantage of the fact. His captors included several members capable of tracking down and torturing escapees, through a mix of different powers and technology. He was set free when the compound where he was kept was busted by the hero Hellfire, one of the less popular vigilante heroes. Hellfire was able to melt through anything with control over lava and magma, including the ringleaders of the whole operation. He was free, and strove to become a hero, just like Hellfire, planning to free as many children from rings like the one he was in. Jazz enrolled in Vochertepp at 15. Now, older, he has been disillusioned with the school.

Last edited:
I've rewritten it! Should I post it as a new reply, or edit my original post?
repost in a new reply for me please!

out of curiosity, could we have a display version of the full-sized CS? just to have an idea of what mine ought to look like. if not then thats fine.
ah, you got me! i gotta finish my cs for my guy. i'll try to get that up asap, probably tomorrow.

finished my cs skeleton after much procrastination:

Name: Jazz Altern

Personality: Jazz is intelligent, but also sly and selfish. His brain and lack of moral compass are enough to get him almost anything that he wants, but he does have a conscience. It just usually isn't strong enough to stop him from doing harm to others. Especially with what he's been through, he can't trust others completely, though he does always try to have some people come to his aid. Opening up is hard for him, and there's not much incentive for him to do so. Despite his cunning, Jazz does terribly in heated situations, as his brain stresses out when there's too much lying on his shoulders or when he gets worked up. When this happens, his adrenaline turns him into a reckless, impulsive, idiot; not the best person to be when things are at stake.

Powers: Dimensional Travel

Imprint: At the current level, Jazz can slip onto different uniform surfaces, appearing as a 2D image of himself. He can slide along the surface he is on/pass onto other surfaces, unable to be affected by 3D objects. In this state, he can be hurt if the surface he is on is impacted/damaged. He can slip out almost instantaneously, always right next to the imprint; this ability can be used for fast travel, as his imprint is faster and harder to hit than his regular self. Jazz is currently also able to imprint onto surfaces he isn't touching, though this takes more time and concentration. Despite others, his control is really good, but the power itself just isn't that strong, though he hopes with training and new techniques, he can become as powerful as he wants to be.

Background: Throughout all his life, Jazz has had nobody to rely on. His parents were junkies, letting him fend for himself until they sold him to a human trafficking ring, where he was basically a slave. He was set free when the compound where he was kept was busted by the hero Hellfire. With a new start and a new admiration for heroes, Jazz enrolled into Vochertepp at 16.
hi, i think this skeleton is lacking a bit of detail for me to comment on. you certainly have an interesting power idea, but i'd like more detail on how it works. i'm also not exactly sure what the imprint is/how it works? is it like leaving a stamp on an object and then he can jump into it? a bit confused there. what does it do to his body to slip into different surfaces? does it take time to properly reform himself on our actual plane?
also, there's a lot of questions in the backstory too. human trafficking ring? is this separate from a metahuman trafficking ring? were his parents mutants? who is this hero Hellfire? lots of questions!

Repost! Hopefully this is better. I really like this rp idea!!

Personality: Remy is quiet and standoffish, a definite introvert that would rather keep to himself than be any kind of "superhero". He views his power as a curse and hates to use it, despite how beneficial it could be in a team setting or in any sort of hospital/infirmary setting, not viewing the sacrifice of his own wellbeing as worth someone else's peace. Deep down, he misses his mother as she's really the only friend he's ever had and a small part of him wants to make friends and try to lead a "normal" life, though that part is buried beneath a calloused, bitter attitude.

Powers: Let's take a second shot at this. He has the ability to take away the pain other people experience, and in turn experiences it for himself. More often than not, it isn't a voluntary thing for him, and often he finds himself taking the physical pain of other people sheerly by accident, though over the years he's learned not to touch people to try and protect himself. The ability is limited to what his body can withstand, and only works while he is conscious. If he falls unconscious, all pain immediately is returned to it's proper "owner".
Weaknesses:
* It's involuntary, but only occurs when he touches others. Or when others touch him. He's trying to learn how to "turn it off" but it's slow going progress. The contact *must* be skin to skin.
* He can only take what won't kill him or knock him unconscious, otherwise his own body shuts down as a defense mechanism.
* Even when he isn't taking someone's pain, his nerves are hypersensitive because of the nature of his ability, leaving him with chronic neuropathic problems.

Potential growth:
* Learn control enough to decide *how much* of someone's pain to take, if any at all.

Strengths:
* Useful in helping people's suffering
* A potential, powerful tool in combat medicine.

Background: He comes from Anchorage, Alaska where he lived with his loving single mother from the time he was born to the time he was around 11. His powers manifested little by little as he grew up, and was first noticed when he was five or so when his mother was complaining of a migraine on the phone to her work and he took her hand. Instantly, he doubled over in hand, clutching at his head.

That was the earliest instance of his power. From that point, it was always long sleeves, jeans and gloves, no contact with anyone (save his mother, simply because he couldn't help but to love her). His metahuman power was easy enough to hide that his mother thought she could keep him with her, and that he could live a normal life.

It wasn't until his first year of middle school that he was discovered by the school district for what he was. PE was usually excused for him, to prevent accidental physical contact, but having moved up a school, special accomodations for his "illness" had yet to be implemented. Within the first week, a classmate of his collided with him on the basketball court and fell, breaking her arm. To everyone's surprise, he was the one that cried in pain, tangled up on the court with her as he was.

From there, he lasted no more than a week before the school district found an excuse to expel him, despite his mild, quite nature. It was around this point that his mother contacted Vochertepp’s.

Since coming to the school, his control has not improved much, though this is largely due to a lack of effort. He's always been miserable here, choosing not to make many friends to protect himself, and wants nothing more than to be able to leave so he can return home to take care of his aging mother. Mostly? He's just lonely and afraid of getting close to people.

Wesley 2.0 !

Thank you for pointing out the weakness of his powers! I was not doing him any justice. I made his shocking powers more intense, and he currently has the ability to make someone go unconscious at this point (like what he can do really depends on how much electricity there is to use). He can now draw from sources that are up to 50ft away now instead of 20. Hopefully that makes for a better balance! I tried to make sure that he has room to grow and get stronger as well without making him start out as superman.
I also made him less friendly to the staff and more apt to get in trouble. Hopefully that means that it makes more sense that he would be more in-the-know about what goes on at the school? If not, I can just keep him more in the dark about it.

Personality:

Wes Campbell is a boy who captures the duality of both youthfulness and maturity in his personality, acting too young for his age at times, and far too old at others. When in the company of other students, Wes comes off as friendly and laid-back. He's generous, and no one has to ask twice when they request something of him. Wes has been at Vochertepp long enough to know that the school and its staff can’t be trusted. He’s protective, and he’s put himself into the habit of looking out for other students as much as he can. As a bottom line, he always tries his best for others, no matter the expense.

He keeps his baggage to himself, causing him to internalize his grief and anxiety. He's spent a large part of his life having to grow up fast and deal with the pain of losing a loved one, and he's gotten into the habit of pushing away his emotions rather than learning how to deal with them.

Powers:

Wesley has the power of electricity manipulation. He can absorb electricity from nearby sources and harness that electrical power. Although this ability would grow with more practice and training, he’s currently able to draw on sources within about fifty feet. In terms of physical manifestation, he can produce shocks through skin contact. These shocks are powerful enough to render someone unconscious, burned, or stunned. With enough strength, useable electricity, and intent, Wes would potentially have the ability to send someone into cardiac arrest. How much power he can use depends on how much nearby usable electricity he has at his disposal. He can manipulate electrical power and devices with intense focus, meaning that he can shut systems on or off. He’s a favorite among students for being able to quickly charge phones or make people’s hair stand up to mess with them. His powers also enhance with weather changes, and stormy days make for much more effective abilities. Finding ways of using conductors is also incredibly useful.

One major weakness Wes has is water. If he is wet and he uses his shocking powers, he will not be able to control himself. His power will end up backfiring, and he would instead be shocking himself. If someone else happens to be wet, their shock will be much more intense and potentially deadly, whether or not he means it to be. He also currently has a source distance limit of fifty feet, which means that he’d be completely useless if he were in the middle of nowhere. For example, he’d be much more powerful if he were next to a powerline, rather than only having a nearby lamp to draw on. Since he’s not exactly a master of his power, he has a habit of using it involuntarily. If he's not properly focused, his shocks might become more harmful than he's intending, and he's shocked people without meaning to before as well. He’s also had plenty of instances in which he’s burned out light bulbs or blew nearby fuses on accident due to a scare or intense emotion.

Background:

Wesley Campbell was raised by his mother on the coast of northern Oregon. His mother was a non-metahuman, and Wesley gained his metahuman lineage from his father’s side. While his father was absent since his birth, Wes and his mother were inseparable. When Wesley turned ten, his mother’s health began to decline. Wes devoted every spare moment he had to taking care of her, but three years later, she passed away.

Up until that point, Wes had never shown any aptitude for having powers, and since his mother wasn’t aware of his father’s abilities, no one knew that Wes was a metahuman at all. When his mother died, he tried to revive her. At that moment, he produced an electric shock that would’ve been similar to an AED. Although his actions proved to be futile, he then knew the powers that he possessed. The letter came immediately after. Rather than placing him in foster care, social workers opted to send him to the school.

When Wes arrived at Vochertepp, he was wary, but he was also weighed down by grief and desperate for somewhere to belong. He’s never had trouble making friends, so he was quickly able to find students to bond with. As four years went by, he became very familiar with the darkness and malpractice of the school, and what could’ve been a home proved to be more akin to a prison. Wes doesn't seem to have the ability to keep his mouth shut when other students are suffering abuse at the hands of the school staff, and he's gotten himself in trouble enough times to have been dealt with more than his own fair share of punishment. He might be generally laid-back, but he doesn’t back down when it comes to the staff, and he’s apt to challenge their cruelty and restraints. Although he might not be aware of the full potential for his powers, the staff certainly is, which means that he is far from being in the school's good graces. As far as Wes is concerned, the school is the enemy.

Wesley Campbell

code by low fidelity.

Finally got around to writing this up, feel free to let me know your thoughts

Name: Isla Alston

Personality: As a young child, Isla was bright and curious about everything around her. She wanted to know everything, so much so that she'd ask multiple questions about many topics. However, this side of her began to disappear as she grew older. It felt like no one wanted to hear her, and if they acknowledged her it was on accident. She grew quiet, and her questions were held back. She buried herself into her books as opposed to talking until she was hardly talking at all. She doesn't emote much on the outside, and tries to do the same on the inside, often doing what she can to conceal how it is she feels. She wants to feel nothing at all. Her end goal is to be not noticeable. She is nobody, she doesn't need anyone, and no one needs her. However, during situations where tensions are high, this often fails to work and her more dominant emotion -- fear -- always comes to light.

Powers: Earthquake generation. She can cause a vibration that can in turn create an earthquake. The very bane of Isla's existence, and something she hates having. Her powers are tied into her negative emotions -- namely sadness, anger, and fear. The intensity of the earthquake depends on how badly Isla feels these emotions. If she was just a little nervous, then it'd be a simple light tremor. On the other hand, if she felt pure, overwhelming fear, then it'd be more of a violent shaking and if that continued it might not bode well for the surrounding area or the people around her. One way to stop the earthquake once it's begun is for Isla to feel calm once again. Another way is for Isla to be unconscious. In order to actually begin an earthquake, her feet require contact with the ground/floor. Isla isn't immune to her own earthquake and is just as capable of being hurt by it as anyone else.

Appearance: Isla has long, dark brown hair with blunt bangs that somewhat covers her eyebrows. Her eyes are a pale green. She wears an oversized red hoodie with a white t-shirt underneath, along with shorts and sneakers. She has a mole under her right eye.

Background: Isla was born to two non-metahuman parents. Isla being metahuman wasn't something either of them were aware of at first, until she started learning how to walk and would start to cry if she fell over, in which her eyes started to glow and the house would start to shake a little. It was a shock to be sure, but nonetheless her parents still loved their daughter and doted on her constantly. However this didn't hold true for Isla's aunt, who was determined to keep her own child, Isla's cousin, away from Isla and treated her like she had something that was highly contagious. As for the rest of Isla's family, they treated her with kindness, but they weren't shy about purposefully distancing themselves from her and were obviously wary, never knowing when her powers would activate. This affected Isla over time and slowly she talked less and less at family gatherings, standing off to the side and choosing instead to read her collection of books that her parents had gotten her. Things weren't any better at school. In elementary school, Isla's powers had acted up more in accordance with her increasing sadness at being excluded by her classmates and her anger at being called names by others. Her parents received a lot of complaints and phone calls then regarding any damage that had been done to the school by Isla's outbursts. It was during this time that Isla's parents tried teaching her ways of dealing with these feelings so her powers wouldn't act up on her. They tried teaching her breathing techniques, and they tried telling her to walk away from the jerks who taunted her, but none of those things could stop kids who were determined to be cruel. One day, when the teacher had left the room, some kids tried forcing her into showing off her eye glow because it was "creepy", and Isla felt something in her receding. She'd accepted it, this was just how it was going to be forever. It didn't matter what she said or did, it didn't change anything. From that day, Isla's powers stopped, and she was now more of a expressionless shell, hardly reacting to anything any of her bullies did to her. A lot of people thought of this as Isla now being "cured", but her parents were more worried. But years passed, and Isla went through her middle school days without incident, aside from people saying she was weird and creepy as she's more like a walking doll than anything. It was only during her freshman year that problems arose again. Now that Isla was cured of her weirdness, there was other things to bully her for, and it seemed to turn into a competition to make her react -- to do anything at all (and Isla still has the scars across her body as a reminder). But on one day, something happened. On her way to the library, a few of Isla's tormentors cornered her. It seemed like the usual routine -- insult her, call her names -- Isla silently endured it, just staring back in response. But then they asked if Isla even felt pain. She must not, since Isla never did anything no matter what they did to her. Isla's mouth moved a bit, but no words came out. She felt someone grab her arms and she watched someone else open one of the nearby windows, the breeze hitting her face. They wanted to test that theory. Suddenly, something was wrenched open in Isla, and this uncontrollable fear flooded through her all at once. For the first time since she was little, that familiar shaking was back as well as the glowing in her eyes. She was scared, watching helplessly as the cracks starting crawling up the walls due to the earthquake. Her tormentors were scared too, screaming that she was a freak of nature as they started running, almost tripping over each other to get away from her. Now left alone, Isla crouched to her knees as she tried to stop what she had started, trying out those breathing techniques her parents had taught her all that time ago. To her surprise, it slowly worked it's magic, and she could only stare at what she had done. After that incident, Isla wasn't allowed back at school since she had "endangered the lives of students" and parents were now worried for their kid's safety. Her own parents didn't know what to do, they couldn't teach Isla on their own, especially since they had jobs of their own. When the letter came, it was like their prayers were answered. Her parents were ecstatic, this seemed like just the thing Isla needed. Isla herself was indifferent, it couldn't really be true, could it? But her parents were insistent that this could be good for her, so off she went..

β€” DOSSIER.

NAME:
Delano "Del" Morales Jr.

PERSONALITY:
Delano Morales is nearly as rigid and inflexible as the ice that he manipulates. There's an eerily cold sensation whenever the man is present, an intrapersonal one that sends shivers through you. Trained to be the epitome of excellence, greatness is all that is expected of Delano, it is all that he's ever learned to produce. All that he ever focuses on. The son of one of the most popular super hero families in the world, there is an immense pressure that balances over his shoulders.

The theft of childhood memories in exchange for a rigorous discipline has left Delano unattached from the citizens that he's been prepped to protect, void of any genuinely human emotions or connections. He's learned to execute whatever orders have been giving to him without question and excels in whatever course, exercise, or presentation is handed to him. His future has been prepared for him, and it is simply his duty to check off all requirements. He's been conditioned to equate his happiness with the scores of his results, giving him a very competitive nature that's been nurtured since childhood. Although a top student, he knows to never feel comfortable.

Rather judgmental and cold with first impressions, he busies himself only with those that paint his needed image/reputation, or might sharpen his skills in the training halls. Weakness is something internalized rather than acted on, only breaking past that icy and controlled exterior when there's a reinforced punching bag before him. Although articulate, when conversing with others, it's almost always like a predator circling it's prey. He's constantly on edge, constantly analyzing, and has never once had the chance to simply relax.

POWER: Cryokinesis - Members of the Morales family are known to have abilities related to air, water, ice and the storms that crash them all against one another. Delano was born with the innate ability to manipulate the moisture in the particles around him, more specifically decreasing the temperature of said particles and effectively freezing any moisture into ice. Easiest of which are the most basic elements, eg. air, water.

His abilities are psychokinetic and do not require physical touch to manifest themselves. Alas, the palms and digits are ideal points of the body to focus his mind and manifest said abilities.

Although most of his cryokinetic applications are not passive, the cold follows Delano wherever he goes. It is noticeably colder when he is around, and he thrives in sub-zero environments.

STRENGTHS: Perhaps his most commonly used application, Delano has the power to create tools, objects, barriers, and weapons with his cryokinetic abilities. Progressively getting colder, Delano is capable of making constructs of sludge/snow, or hardened ice. He is limited only by creativity, and distance with this application.

Delano is impervious to the human fragility that usually comes with the cold. He doesn't get frostbite, colds, etc. or any other illnesses or ailments related to cold weather.

He is capable of coating his entire/partial body in ice, increasing both durability and strength.

WEAKNESSES: Distance, and mass are two limitations to Delano's cryokinetic abilities. He is only capable of manipulating the moisture within approximately 30 feet of himself, with the strength of his constructs depending on their thickness, stability, etc. The strength of his constructs it largely dependent on their size, and the amount of energy required of him to produce the desired thickness to support a certain weight.

The amount of moisture plays a significant part in Delano's ability. Hot or dry settings like the desert make it very difficult for him to use his powers, while moisture-rich setting have an adverse effect on him.

The ice that Delano creates and/or manipulates has the same properties and regular ice. It melts under extreme heat, and can be shattered by strong vibrations.

BACKGROUND:

The first Tempest was a man named Daunte Morales, the son of Dominican immigrants.

Daunte worshiped the United States after hearing his parents' stories on how migrating to the promised land had saved them from the harsh realities back home. He enlisted into the US army right out of high school, and studied his beloved country's history while in service. Not only did he earn a degree, but he also became a very decorated soldier. During the superhero boom, the US felt their power over the world being threatened by the arrival of powered individuals. They needed to make their own to even the playing field. Tests were ran on their operatives with Daunte Morales showing signs of what they'd dubbed, "the metagene," along with fitting their desired description. The deformity in one's DNA that made them tick in a way unlike everybody else. It was forcefully activated. His powers manifested themselves as control over the winds, and dominance over the waters. Light crackled under Daunte Morales' fingers and his eyes lit up like a deity in their laboratories.

Morales was trained to be the US government's own personal hero, one that the world could put faith in and could also voice the government's own wants and needs. Someone who would rival the budding Starteam and divide their influence over the people. After several harsh months of training and preparations, Tempest took to the world with mixed reactions. It was odd having a hero of his power unrelated to the Starteam, but he was famed nonetheless. He protected civilians while also being very vocal about world politics, largely sympathizing with the black community. He was paid handsomely, but there was nothing better than being the face of an entire country. Unmasked, and transparent, unlike many other heroes at that time.

Morales eventually became a politician of sorts too, with his own seat at some of the highest tables.

His children were burdened with a very harsh reality that would haunt their family for generations. They could no longer be siblings, but competitors in battle for the possession he most prized himself with, being Tempest. They were pushed to be the best of the best to one day serve their country. The Tempest moniker was something passed down from most qualified child to most qualified child. The children not chosen, while very skilled and intelligent in their own right, often bore an unhealthy animosity towards their own siblings. Alas, like something of a royal family, the stray siblings remain highly touted by US governments and are often assimilated into politics, armies, and other areas of expertise.

Delano was born to the successors of the Tempest title. Daunte Morales, Julian Morales, his father: Cyrus Morales, and eventually came himself and his siblings. Born in Milennium City, he was raised in the spacious Rosepoint Mansion in the outskirts of the bustling city. His mother had passed away giving birth to his youngest sister and so Delano remembers very little of her. Growing up, his home was filled by an ocean of tutors, trainers, and government officials that exercised the kids and made frequent evaluations of them. It was always more of an institution than a place to call home which aided in his transition to Vochertepp. His father was rarely around due to the nature of his job, nor did they go out much into the world unless it was for a photo-op or telegraphed appearance. Delano and his siblings were supervised by nannies, and followed an advanced, school-like curriculum year-round.

With age, Delano discovered that his brother was not the enemy. Vincent had the soul of a puppy. He brightened the halls of their pale, modern mansion. Delano remembered how Vin would console him on stormy nights, and with powers like their father, he'd create miniature storms in his palms to show him how harmless the lightning was. He was often at the mercy of the cane or whip. Andromeda was more warrior than sibling. The most sinister being Delano could imagine, she was a cunning young girl who's deceptive smile often masked her insidious nature. She was an ambitious electrokinetic, and several of the scars painting his body stemmed from the girl two years his junior.

During a survival training exercise in the woodlands of their backyard, only Delano and Andromeda escaped the thick treeline that day. His brother was found with scorch marks etched in the fabric of his shirt. Andromeda strew together a story that their brother was growing destructive at the thought of life after 18 creeping up onto him, and the constrictions of their family life. The strongest of the three, Vincent simply could have struck himself with his own bolt of lightning. It all seemed too neat and tidy though, especially for Andromeda who was never nearly as introspective about her other siblings, and who'd just been trying to kill him moments earlier. Not aiming to steal the whistle on his belt either.

A funeral was held for Vincent and he was buried with other Morales' in their families' tomb. The two remaining children were shipped off to Vochertepp, and Delano continues to believe that it was simply done in an effort to give Andromeda some semblance of humanity. His father excused it to other officials as a means of catharsis, moving them someplace their brother's death wouldn't haunt them nor interrupt their progression.

(tbh i feel like i might tweak the end but lets see how this gets evaluated first)

DEL MORALES.
a good soldier follows orders.
code by low fidelity.

clover winnifred leah
♧
name: clover leah pronunciation: lee
nicknames: clo, clove

personality: clover is as soft hearted and compliant as they get, with an intuitive sense of what's going on emotionally with the people around herβ€” at the deficient of not entirely understanding her own. melancholic and lonely, despite easily making friends due to her kind nature, clover is oft lost in thought or daydreaming, with a rather sad look on her face. while not shy, she's rather timid in chaotic situations and prefers to stay out of confrontations at all costs.

due to this, clover feignes being a bit duller than she actually is, acting easily confused, overly enthused, and perhaps not as bright as she really is. though anyone with astute observation skills would notice otherwise. clover tends to be overindulgent in what she likes; food, hobbies, and people, and suffers the consequences that they bring. she's a bit lazy as well, creating golems to both amuse herself and carry out simple tasks for her, and while she gets just-above passing grades without studying too hard, she lacks the drive to find her true potential.

papercraft | paper manipulation

at its core, clover's power is the ability to manipulate paper. while she cannot create paper out of thin air, since she's been at vochertepp, she's learned that she can duplicate small amounts of paper as long as she has some within close proximity to her. and while her teachers are in the process of trying to get clover to manipulate the properties of her paper to be harder, it's slow going.

- paper golems | one of the first aspects of her power that manifested, clover can fold and shape paper to her will to create "golems" that can carry out simple tasks (or just pretty to look at). at the moment, she's unable to create anything larger than a dog. these golems are not sentient, being controlled and moved by clover completely.
- paper storm | usually happens when clover is in a state of distress or concentrating entirely too hard, all of the paper within a thirty foot radius starts going haywire. sticking to her, the people around her, and flying around whatever area she's in, orbiting around her, the central focus of every storm.
- paper cuts | one of the only offense abilities available to clover at the moment, she can send paper flying at her targets, essentially dealing no more than paper cuts. however, due to the large amount of paper that she can currently manipulate, she's capable of doling out hundreds of these tiny cuts.

strengths
- incredibly versatile
- able to manipulate paper and anything paper-like (papyrus, parchment, hemp-made paper)

weaknesses
- paper is easily shredded, burned, torn, and damaged
- the offensive abilities she does have are extremely weak, even if paper cuts hurt like a bitch
- roll concentration save whenever she uses her abilities
- cannot create paper, must have it on her person or spend time "duplicating" more

potential for growth
- potentially creating constructs from paper, larger and more diverse than her golems
- more defensive capabilities, including walls of paper, shields, etc.
- duplication of paper becoming quicker and more abundant
- learning to manipulate the properties of paper itself, to change its density, color, size, etc.

background: clover was born in the heart of millennium city to two incredibly busy, but incredibly loving parents. while neither her mother nor father are metahumans, the gene has popped up infrequently in both maternal and paternal lines. her great (great?) paternal uncle was a prolific healer who aided the famous starteam, while her maternal grandmother and aunt had similar abilities that allowed them to implant suggestions in the minds of others. so when it was revealed that clover was a metahuman at only three years old, her parents weren't too surprisedβ€” it did, however, cause her nanny to faint at the sight.

life was... relatively easy going for clover; her father worked in the local government and his pay was good, allowing them all to live a comfortable existence, and her mother worked in various nonprofit organizations around the country in attempt to improve meta and non-meta relations, due to witnessing the discrimination of her mother and sister before moving to millennium. so while her parents were rarely home, clover never wanted for anything, save their presence. even school was relatively easy; any bullying she received wasn't due to her powers, but rather her lack of a backbone and the inability to stand up for herself.

clover lived for the moments she got to spend time with her mother and father whenever they were home, and her parents seemed to share the sentiment. they made a habit of having a home cooked meal once a week (usually made by nanny price) where they would share and lay bare their feelings. a game would come next, and then a movie, where clover would happily fall asleep on the couch between both parents.

while relatively lonely, clover maintained a positive outlook on life, even after the death of her aunt, wherein her mother decided she needed to temporarily relocate to pennsylvania to care for her ailing mother. that was at the end of clover's 8th grade, and though she desperately missed her and the trio family night every week, her father made it a point to finally be around more. clover loved him all the more for it, and though she recognized the signs of exhaustion, she couldn't find it in herself to ask him to slow down.

and so when she turned fifteen and high school was right around the corner, her father suggested they look for a school that would help her earn extra credits to apply for millennium's metahuman city collegeβ€” where she had dreams of attending since her childhood. it was then that the letter from vochertepp's school for the enhanced arrived. her father was excited, as was her mother, but nanny price (who may be as lonely as clover) begged her not to go. and though she didn't want to leave nanny price or her father, the look of excitement on his face whenever he talked about the future opportunities it could provide, clover relented. she's been at vochertepp for less than eight months, and is none the wiser to the dark depths it hides.

Last edited:
Repost! Hopefully this is better. I really like this rp idea!!

Personality: Remy is quiet and standoffish, a definite introvert that would rather keep to himself than be any kind of "superhero". He views his power as a curse and hates to use it, despite how beneficial it could be in a team setting or in any sort of hospital/infirmary setting, not viewing the sacrifice of his own wellbeing as worth someone else's peace. Deep down, he misses his mother as she's really the only friend he's ever had and a small part of him wants to make friends and try to lead a "normal" life, though that part is buried beneath a calloused, bitter attitude.

Powers: Let's take a second shot at this. He has the ability to take away the pain other people experience, and in turn experiences it for himself. More often than not, it isn't a voluntary thing for him, and often he finds himself taking the physical pain of other people sheerly by accident, though over the years he's learned not to touch people to try and protect himself. The ability is limited to what his body can withstand, and only works while he is conscious. If he falls unconscious, all pain immediately is returned to it's proper "owner".
Weaknesses:
* It's involuntary, but only occurs when he touches others. Or when others touch him. He's trying to learn how to "turn it off" but it's slow going progress. The contact *must* be skin to skin.
* He can only take what won't kill him or knock him unconscious, otherwise his own body shuts down as a defense mechanism.
* Even when he isn't taking someone's pain, his nerves are hypersensitive because of the nature of his ability, leaving him with chronic neuropathic problems.

Potential growth:
* Learn control enough to decide *how much* of someone's pain to take, if any at all.

Strengths:
* Useful in helping people's suffering
* A potential, powerful tool in combat medicine.

Background: He comes from Anchorage, Alaska where he lived with his loving single mother from the time he was born to the time he was around 11. His powers manifested little by little as he grew up, and was first noticed when he was five or so when his mother was complaining of a migraine on the phone to her work and he took her hand. Instantly, he doubled over in hand, clutching at his head.

That was the earliest instance of his power. From that point, it was always long sleeves, jeans and gloves, no contact with anyone (save his mother, simply because he couldn't help but to love her). His metahuman power was easy enough to hide that his mother thought she could keep him with her, and that he could live a normal life.

It wasn't until his first year of middle school that he was discovered by the school district for what he was. PE was usually excused for him, to prevent accidental physical contact, but having moved up a school, special accomodations for his "illness" had yet to be implemented. Within the first week, a classmate of his collided with him on the basketball court and fell, breaking her arm. To everyone's surprise, he was the one that cried in pain, tangled up on the court with her as he was.

From there, he lasted no more than a week before the school district found an excuse to expel him, despite his mild, quite nature. It was around this point that his mother contacted Vochertepp’s.

Since coming to the school, his control has not improved much, though this is largely due to a lack of effort. He's always been miserable here, choosing not to make many friends to protect himself, and wants nothing more than to be able to leave so he can return home to take care of his aging mother. Mostly? He's just lonely and afraid of getting close to people.

ok, a lot more clear on the power here, awesome. i think my one question is what you mean by neuropathic problems in the weaknesses, id like some elaboration on that. otherwise, i think you can move on to the full cs.

Wesley 2.0 !

Thank you for pointing out the weakness of his powers! I was not doing him any justice. I made his shocking powers more intense, and he currently has the ability to make someone go unconscious at this point (like what he can do really depends on how much electricity there is to use). He can now draw from sources that are up to 50ft away now instead of 20. Hopefully that makes for a better balance! I tried to make sure that he has room to grow and get stronger as well without making him start out as superman.
I also made him less friendly to the staff and more apt to get in trouble. Hopefully that means that it makes more sense that he would be more in-the-know about what goes on at the school? If not, I can just keep him more in the dark about it.

Personality:

Powers:

Wesley has the power of electricity manipulation. He can absorb electricity from nearby sources and harness that electrical power. Although this ability would grow with more practice and training, he’s currently able to draw on sources within about fifty feet. In terms of physical manifestation, he can produce shocks through skin contact. These shocks are powerful enough to render someone unconscious, burned, or stunned. With enough strength, useable electricity, and intent, Wes would potentially have the ability to send someone into cardiac arrest. How much power he can use depends on how much nearby usable electricity he has at his disposal. He can manipulate electrical power and devices with intense focus, meaning that he can shut systems on or off. He’s a favorite among students for being able to quickly charge phones or make people’s hair stand up to mess with them. His powers also enhance with weather changes, and stormy days make for much more effective abilities. Finding ways of using conductors is also incredibly useful.

One major weakness Wes has is water. If he is wet and he uses his shocking powers, he will not be able to control himself. His power will end up backfiring, and he would instead be shocking himself. If someone else happens to be wet, their shock will be much more intense and potentially deadly, whether or not he means it to be. He also currently has a source distance limit of fifty feet, which means that he’d be completely useless if he were in the middle of nowhere. For example, he’d be much more powerful if he were next to a powerline, rather than only having a nearby lamp to draw on. Since he’s not exactly a master of his power, he has a habit of using it involuntarily. If he's not properly focused, his shocks might become more harmful than he's intending, and he's shocked people without meaning to before as well. He’s also had plenty of instances in which he’s burned out light bulbs or blew nearby fuses on accident due to a scare or intense emotion.

Background:

When Wes arrived at Vochertepp, he was wary, but he was also weighed down by grief and desperate for somewhere to belong. He’s never had trouble making friends, so he was quickly able to find students to bond with. As four years went by, he became very familiar with the darkness and malpractice of the school, and what could’ve been a home proved to be more akin to a prison. Wes doesn't seem to have the ability to keep his mouth shut when other students are suffering abuse at the hands of the school staff, and he's gotten himself in trouble enough times to have been dealt with more than his own fair share of punishment. He might be generally laid-back, but he doesn’t back down when it comes to the staff, and he’s apt to challenge their cruelty and restraints. Although he might not be aware of the full potential for his powers, the staff certainly is, which means that he is far from being in the school's good graces. As far as Wes is concerned, the school is the enemy.

Wesley Campbell

code by low fidelity.

updates lookin sharp to me! get him onto the full cs. i would love to hear more elaboration about who his father is possibly in that full cs.

Finally got around to writing this up, feel free to let me know your thoughts

Name: Isla Alston

Personality: As a young child, Isla was bright and curious about everything around her. She wanted to know everything, so much so that she'd ask multiple questions about many topics. However, this side of her began to disappear as she grew older. It felt like no one wanted to hear her, and if they acknowledged her it was on accident. She grew quiet, and her questions were held back. She buried herself into her books as opposed to talking until she was hardly talking at all. She doesn't emote much on the outside, and tries to do the same on the inside, often doing what she can to conceal how it is she feels. She wants to feel nothing at all. Her end goal is to be not noticeable. She is nobody, she doesn't need anyone, and no one needs her. However, during situations where tensions are high, this often fails to work and her more dominant emotion -- fear -- always comes to light.

Powers: Earthquake generation. She can cause a vibration that can in turn create an earthquake. The very bane of Isla's existence, and something she hates having. Her powers are tied into her negative emotions -- namely sadness, anger, and fear. The intensity of the earthquake depends on how badly Isla feels these emotions. If she was just a little nervous, then it'd be a simple light tremor. On the other hand, if she felt pure, overwhelming fear, then it'd be more of a violent shaking and if that continued it might not bode well for the surrounding area or the people around her. One way to stop the earthquake once it's begun is for Isla to feel calm once again. Another way is for Isla to be unconscious. In order to actually begin an earthquake, her feet require contact with the ground/floor. Isla isn't immune to her own earthquake and is just as capable of being hurt by it as anyone else.

Appearance: Isla has long, dark brown hair with blunt bangs that somewhat covers her eyebrows. Her eyes are a pale green. She wears an oversized red hoodie with a white t-shirt underneath, along with shorts and sneakers. She has a mole under her right eye.

Background: Isla was born to two non-metahuman parents. Isla being metahuman wasn't something either of them were aware of at first, until she started learning how to walk and would start to cry if she fell over, in which her eyes started to glow and the house would start to shake a little. It was a shock to be sure, but nonetheless her parents still loved their daughter and doted on her constantly. However this didn't hold true for Isla's aunt, who was determined to keep her own child, Isla's cousin, away from Isla and treated her like she had something that was highly contagious. As for the rest of Isla's family, they treated her with kindness, but they weren't shy about purposefully distancing themselves from her and were obviously wary, never knowing when her powers would activate. This affected Isla over time and slowly she talked less and less at family gatherings, standing off to the side and choosing instead to read her collection of books that her parents had gotten her. Things weren't any better at school. In elementary school, Isla's powers had acted up more in accordance with her increasing sadness at being excluded by her classmates and her anger at being called names by others. Her parents received a lot of complaints and phone calls then regarding any damage that had been done to the school by Isla's outbursts. It was during this time that Isla's parents tried teaching her ways of dealing with these feelings so her powers wouldn't act up on her. They tried teaching her breathing techniques, and they tried telling her to walk away from the jerks who taunted her, but none of those things could stop kids who were determined to be cruel. One day, when the teacher had left the room, some kids tried forcing her into showing off her eye glow because it was "creepy", and Isla felt something in her receding. She'd accepted it, this was just how it was going to be forever. It didn't matter what she said or did, it didn't change anything. From that day, Isla's powers stopped, and she was now more of a expressionless shell, hardly reacting to anything any of her bullies did to her. A lot of people thought of this as Isla now being "cured", but her parents were more worried. But years passed, and Isla went through her middle school days without incident, aside from people saying she was weird and creepy as she's more like a walking doll than anything. It was only during her freshman year that problems arose again. Now that Isla was cured of her weirdness, there was other things to bully her for, and it seemed to turn into a competition to make her react -- to do anything at all (and Isla still has the scars across her body as a reminder). But on one day, something happened. On her way to the library, a few of Isla's tormentors cornered her. It seemed like the usual routine -- insult her, call her names -- Isla silently endured it, just staring back in response. But then they asked if Isla even felt pain. She must not, since Isla never did anything no matter what they did to her. Isla's mouth moved a bit, but no words came out. She felt someone grab her arms and she watched someone else open one of the nearby windows, the breeze hitting her face. They wanted to test that theory. Suddenly, something was wrenched open in Isla, and this uncontrollable fear flooded through her all at once. For the first time since she was little, that familiar shaking was back as well as the glowing in her eyes. She was scared, watching helplessly as the cracks starting crawling up the walls due to the earthquake. Her tormentors were scared too, screaming that she was a freak of nature as they started running, almost tripping over each other to get away from her. Now left alone, Isla crouched to her knees as she tried to stop what she had started, trying out those breathing techniques her parents had taught her all that time ago. To her surprise, it slowly worked it's magic, and she could only stare at what she had done. After that incident, Isla wasn't allowed back at school since she had "endangered the lives of students" and parents were now worried for their kid's safety. Her own parents didn't know what to do, they couldn't teach Isla on their own, especially since they had jobs of their own. When the letter came, it was like their prayers were answered. Her parents were ecstatic, this seemed like just the thing Isla needed. Isla herself was indifferent, it couldn't really be true, could it? But her parents were insistent that this could be good for her, so off she went..
hi, solid start here! just a couple things, mostly to do with the powers.
i think it'll be an issue rp wise to have a power that only has two modes, 0 or 100. you might want to add a bit more of a middle ground in her tremors, maybe some toph-esque inspirations from atla? less earthquake generation and more earth-tremor manipulation/causation, still could be tied to her emotions but doesn't need to be a total earthquake every time. some ground stompage to create fissures, shockwaves in the ground, etc. this will need a few more solid limitations but might serve you better ic. let me know what you think.
also, the way you describe her powers "stopping" in her background -- i don't think anyone's powers can ever fully stop, but she probably just pushed them way down because of how depressed she is. she is also sounding like someone who's hair color has probably turned the color of her glow, since she fully "gave in" to what her powers did to her and her standing in life. so thats some fun flavor you have earned with your very depressing bg :,) otherwise solid start.

β€” DOSSIER.

NAME:
Delano "Del" Morales Jr.

PERSONALITY:
Delano Morales is nearly as rigid and inflexible as the ice that he manipulates. There's an eerily cold sensation whenever the man is present, an intrapersonal one that sends shivers through you. Trained to be the epitome of excellence, greatness is all that is expected of Delano, it is all that he's ever learned to produce. All that he ever focuses on. The son of one of the most popular super hero families in the world, there is an immense pressure that balances over his shoulders.

The theft of childhood memories in exchange for a rigorous discipline has left Delano unattached from the citizens that he's been prepped to protect, void of any genuinely human emotions or connections. He's learned to execute whatever orders have been giving to him without question and excels in whatever course, exercise, or presentation is handed to him. His future has been prepared for him, and it is simply his duty to check off all requirements. He's been conditioned to equate his happiness with the scores of his results, giving him a very competitive nature that's been nurtured since childhood. Although a top student, he knows to never feel comfortable.

Rather judgmental and cold with first impressions, he busies himself only with those that paint his needed image/reputation, or might sharpen his skills in the training halls. Weakness is something internalized rather than acted on, only breaking past that icy and controlled exterior when there's a reinforced punching bag before him. Although articulate, when conversing with others, it's almost always like a predator circling it's prey. He's constantly on edge, constantly analyzing, and has never once had the chance to simply relax.

POWER: Cryokinesis - Members of the Morales family are known to have abilities related to air, water, ice and the storms that crash them all against one another. Delano was born with the innate ability to manipulate the moisture in the particles around him, more specifically decreasing the temperature of said particles and effectively freezing any moisture into ice. Easiest of which are the most basic elements, eg. air, water.

His abilities are psychokinetic and do not require physical touch to manifest themselves. Alas, the palms and digits are ideal points of the body to focus his mind and manifest said abilities.

Although most of his cryokinetic applications are not passive, the cold follows Delano wherever he goes. It is noticeably colder when he is around, and he thrives in sub-zero environments.

STRENGTHS: Perhaps his most commonly used application, Delano has the power to create tools, objects, barriers, and weapons with his cryokinetic abilities. Progressively getting colder, Delano is capable of making constructs of sludge/snow, or hardened ice. He is limited only by creativity, and distance with this application.

Delano is impervious to the human fragility that usually comes with the cold. He doesn't get frostbite, colds, etc. or any other illnesses or ailments related to cold weather.

He is capable of coating his entire/partial body in ice, increasing both durability and strength.

WEAKNESSES: Distance, and mass are two limitations to Delano's cryokinetic abilities. He is only capable of manipulating the moisture within approximately 30 feet of himself, with the strength of his constructs depending on their thickness, stability, etc. The strength of his constructs it largely dependent on their size, and the amount of energy required of him to produce the desired thickness to support a certain weight.

The amount of moisture plays a significant part in Delano's ability. Hot or dry settings like the desert make it very difficult for him to use his powers, while moisture-rich setting have an adverse effect on him.

The ice that Delano creates and/or manipulates has the same properties and regular ice. It melts under extreme heat, and can be shattered by strong vibrations.

BACKGROUND:

The first Tempest was a man named Daunte Morales, the son of Dominican immigrants.

Daunte worshiped the United States after hearing his parents' stories on how migrating to the promised land had saved them from the harsh realities back home. He enlisted into the US army right out of high school, and studied his beloved country's history while in service. Not only did he earn a degree, but he also became a very decorated soldier. During the superhero boom, the US felt their power over the world being threatened by the arrival of powered individuals. They needed to make their own to even the playing field. Tests were ran on their operatives with Daunte Morales showing signs of what they'd dubbed, "the metagene," along with fitting their desired description. The deformity in one's DNA that made them tick in a way unlike everybody else. It was forcefully activated. His powers manifested themselves as control over the winds, and dominance over the waters. Light crackled under Daunte Morales' fingers and his eyes lit up like a deity in their laboratories.

Morales was trained to be the US government's own personal hero, one that the world could put faith in and could also voice the government's own wants and needs. Someone who would rival the budding Starteam and divide their influence over the people. After several harsh months of training and preparations, Tempest took to the world with mixed reactions. It was odd having a hero of his power unrelated to the Starteam, but he was famed nonetheless. He protected civilians while also being very vocal about world politics, largely sympathizing with the black community. He was paid handsomely, but there was nothing better than being the face of an entire country. Unmasked, and transparent, unlike many other heroes at that time.

Morales eventually became a politician of sorts too, with his own seat at some of the highest tables.

His children were burdened with a very harsh reality that would haunt their family for generations. They could no longer be siblings, but competitors in battle for the possession he most prized himself with, being Tempest. They were pushed to be the best of the best to one day serve their country. The Tempest moniker was something passed down from most qualified child to most qualified child. The children not chosen, while very skilled and intelligent in their own right, often bore an unhealthy animosity towards their own siblings. Alas, like something of a royal family, the stray siblings remain highly touted by US governments and are often assimilated into politics, armies, and other areas of expertise.

Delano was born to the successors of the Tempest title. Daunte Morales, Julian Morales, his father: Cyrus Morales, and eventually came himself and his siblings. Born in Milennium City, he was raised in the spacious Rosepoint Mansion in the outskirts of the bustling city. His mother had passed away giving birth to his youngest sister and so Delano remembers very little of her. Growing up, his home was filled by an ocean of tutors, trainers, and government officials that exercised the kids and made frequent evaluations of them. It was always more of an institution than a place to call home which aided in his transition to Vochertepp. His father was rarely around due to the nature of his job, nor did they go out much into the world unless it was for a photo-op or telegraphed appearance. Delano and his siblings were supervised by nannies, and followed an advanced, school-like curriculum year-round.

With age, Delano discovered that his brother was not the enemy. Vincent had the soul of a puppy. He brightened the halls of their pale, modern mansion. Delano remembered how Vin would console him on stormy nights, and with powers like their father, he'd create miniature storms in his palms to show him how harmless the lightning was. He was often at the mercy of the cane or whip. Andromeda was more warrior than sibling. The most sinister being Delano could imagine, she was a cunning young girl who's deceptive smile often masked her insidious nature. She was an ambitious electrokinetic, and several of the scars painting his body stemmed from the girl two years his junior.

During a survival training exercise in the woodlands of their backyard, only Delano and Andromeda escaped the thick treeline that day. His brother was found with scorch marks etched in the fabric of his shirt. Andromeda strew together a story that their brother was growing destructive at the thought of life after 18 creeping up onto him, and the constrictions of their family life. The strongest of the three, Vincent simply could have struck himself with his own bolt of lightning. It all seemed too neat and tidy though, especially for Andromeda who was never nearly as introspective about her other siblings, and who'd just been trying to kill him moments earlier. Not aiming to steal the whistle on his belt either.

A funeral was held for Vincent and he was buried with other Morales' in their families' tomb. The two remaining children were shipped off to Vochertepp, and Delano continues to believe that it was simply done in an effort to give Andromeda some semblance of humanity. His father excused it to other officials as a means of catharsis, moving them someplace their brother's death wouldn't haunt them nor interrupt their progression.

(tbh i feel like i might tweak the end but lets see how this gets evaluated first)

DEL MORALES.
a good soldier follows orders.
code by low fidelity.
ok!! he's here!! we talked about but its easier to go over whats here since its put down so clearly so forgive if im backtrackin on some stuff. my mind is clear now lmao
so the one hitch i'm thinking is that if it was the army that pulled daunte's powers out of him, they'd probably go gung-ho and make a bunch more like him, which would lead to the tempest mantle not being quite the royal family you have it positioned as, and it'd also sort of change some of my lore up a bit. i'm thinking we just switch it from the government explicitly torturing the powers out of him to him discovering it during a tour and in the heat of battle or something like that. they capitalize on it and tempest becomes the government contracted superhero mantle it is today.
also -- is his sis at vochertepp right now? would love to play with that.

hey, just a heads up- i'll probably get the character skeleton up sometime today, but if it gets accepted, the full sheet might take a bit loner. my pup's sick with parvo, and that's probably gonna steal my attention for the next few days (βŒ―ΛƒΜΆα·„ ﹏ Λ‚ΜΆα·„βŒ―)

clover winnifred leah
♧
name: clover leah pronunciation: lee
nicknames: clo, clove

personality: clover is as soft hearted and compliant as they get, with an intuitive sense of what's going on emotionally with the people around herβ€” at the deficient of not entirely understanding her own. melancholic and lonely, despite easily making friends due to her kind nature, clover is oft lost in thought or daydreaming, with a rather sad look on her face. while not shy, she's rather timid in chaotic situations and prefers to stay out of confrontations at all costs.

due to this, clover feignes being a bit duller than she actually is, acting easily confused, overly enthused, and perhaps not as bright as she really is. though anyone with astute observation skills would notice otherwise. clover tends to be overindulgent in what she likes; food, hobbies, and people, and suffers the consequences that they bring. she's a bit lazy as well, creating golems to both amuse herself and carry out simple tasks for her, and while she gets just-above passing grades without studying too hard, she lacks the drive to find her true potential.

papercraft | paper manipulation

at its core, clover's power is the ability to manipulate paper. while she cannot create paper out of thin air, since she's been at vochertepp, she's learned that she can duplicate small amounts of paper as long as she has some within close proximity to her. and while her teachers are in the process of trying to get clover to manipulate the properties of her paper to be harder, it's slow going.

- paper golems | one of the first aspects of her power that manifested, clover can fold and shape paper to her will to create "golems" that can carry out simple tasks (or just pretty to look at). at the moment, she's unable to create anything larger than a dog. these golems are not sentient, being controlled and moved by clover completely.
- paper storm | usually happens when clover is in a state of distress or concentrating entirely too hard, all of the paper within a thirty foot radius starts going haywire. sticking to her, the people around her, and flying around whatever area she's in, orbiting around her, the central focus of every storm.
- paper cuts | one of the only offense abilities available to clover at the moment, she can send paper flying at her targets, essentially dealing no more than paper cuts. however, due to the large amount of paper that she can currently manipulate, she's capable of doling out hundreds of these tiny cuts.

strengths
- incredibly versatile
- able to manipulate paper and anything paper-like (papyrus, parchment, hemp-made paper)

weaknesses
- paper is easily shredded, burned, torn, and damaged
- the offensive abilities she does have are extremely weak, even if paper cuts hurt like a bitch
- roll concentration save whenever she uses her abilities
- cannot create paper, must have it on her person or spend time "duplicating" more

potential for growth
- potentially creating constructs from paper, larger and more diverse than her golems
- more defensive capabilities, including walls of paper, shields, etc.
- duplication of paper becoming quicker and more abundant
- learning to manipulate the properties of paper itself, to change its density, color, size, etc.

background: clover was born in the heart of millennium city to two incredibly busy, but incredibly loving parents. while neither her mother nor father are metahumans, the gene has popped up infrequently in both maternal and paternal lines. her great (great?) paternal uncle was a prolific healer who aided the famous starteam, while her maternal grandmother and aunt had similar abilities that allowed them to implant suggestions in the minds of others. so when it was revealed that clover was a metahuman at only three years old, her parents weren't too surprisedβ€” it did, however, cause her nanny to faint at the sight.

life was... relatively easy going for clover; her father worked in the local government and his pay was good, allowing them all to live a comfortable existence, and her mother worked in various nonprofit organizations around the country in attempt to improve meta and non-meta relations, due to witnessing the discrimination of her mother and sister before moving to millennium. so while her parents were rarely home, clover never wanted for anything, save their presence. even school was relatively easy; any bullying she received wasn't due to her powers, but rather her lack of a backbone and the inability to stand up for herself.

clover lived for the moments she got to spend time with her mother and father whenever they were home, and her parents seemed to share the sentiment. they made a habit of having having a home cooked meal once a week (usually made by nanny price) where they would share and lay bare their feelings. a game would come next, and then a movie, where clover would happily fall asleep on the couch between both parents.

while relatively lonely, clover maintained a positive outlook on life, even after the death of her aunt, wherein her mother decided she needed to temporarily relocate to pennsylvania to care for her ailing mother. that was at the end of clover's 8th grade, and though she desperately missed her and the trio family night every week, her father made it a point to finally be around more. clover loved him all the more for it, and though she recognized the signs of exhaustion, she couldn't find it in herself to ask him to slow down.

and so when she turned fifteen and high school was right around the corner, her father suggested they look for a school that would help her extra credits to apply for millennium's metahuman city collegeβ€” where she had dreams of attending since her childhood. it was then that the letter from vochertepp's school for the enhanced arrived. her father was excited, as was her mother, but nanny price (who may be as lonely as clover) begged her not to go. and though she didn't want to leave nanny price or her father, the look of excitement on his face whenever he talked about the future opportunities it could provide, clover relented. she's been at vochertepp for less than eight months, and is none the wiser to the dark depths it hides.

hey gang!! with the introduction of this lovely lady i want to introduce you to my :bishiesparklesl:advisor, listener. she's been in some previous games i've run in this superpower universe and has jumped on to help me review cs' and keep my lore tight from the sidelines. much appreciation for her <3 don't worry, still direct all your questions to me, she's just my own personal lore frontman muahahaa.

i think this concept is a lot better, but does have a few fundamental issues. i have a hard time approving telepaths in big group rps such as these because it kind of requires everyone to write their character's surface thoughts in italics, and that's not something i want to force on people. it's just sort of hard to apply this type of power in what is looking to be a very large rp. if you could give me some thoughts on this issue i might be inclined to help you rework it, maybe we can limit to only speaking telepathically so that doesn't force anyone's hand, maybe work into a subset of the power where she can push on peoples minds and force out the truth or something like that. (would probably also need to dim the radius for multiple people)
Yea, I get you. I'm also very open to changing her powers a little so everyone in the rp doesn't have to write their character's surface thoughts. and I really love the ideas you suggested, forcing the truth out of someone is something I haven't really though of, but it sounds so cool. Or I could maybe make it where she has to touch people to communicate with them or she has to know them personally. Or she could be able to mess with the brain of others, like constricting their movements or making them see hallucinations, all by entering their mind. If I do that, it would eliminate the need to write inner or surface thoughts. But if that sounds like a new power all together, I'd love to use the things you suggested.

cablebelly cablebelly hey I finished mirabelle! i hope you don't mind, but i tried to go a non-traditional route by not really mentioning superheroes in mirabelle's backstory! please let me know if it doesn't fit, or needs any adjustments, since i have a backup story for her. same with her powers!

more talking from me!!! dont we love to see it. just wanted to pop in and say i am receiving all those awesome full sheets and very grateful. im trying to give my attention to the skellys right now (since they are coming in Hot) so if you haven't heard from me on your full sheet, no worries. you will Eventually and it might be just a "sit tight till final deadline" type of deal. for now, rest assured i am receiving them and will get to them soon!

Yea, I get you. I'm also very open to changing her powers a little so everyone in the rp doesn't have to write their character's surface thoughts. and I really love the ideas you suggested, forcing the truth out of someone is something I haven't really though of, but it sounds so cool. Or I could maybe make it where she has to touch people to communicate with them or she has to know them personally. Or she could be able to mess with the brain of others, like constricting their movements or making them see hallucinations, all by entering their mind. If I do that, it would eliminate the need to write inner or surface thoughts. But if that sounds like a new power all together, I'd love to use the things you suggested.
i think this is sounding like a new power to me! possibly some offshoot of telepathy or similar to how flutz approached it, though you might want to be careful not to step on their toes. i do think the communication power would be really useful, imagine someone in a school where you're always being monitored to have someone who could set up a private groupchat. kind of important for a potential breakout, perhaps ...
i think you could go ahead and pm me if you wanted to keep fleshing out this power concept!

cablebelly cablebelly hey I finished mirabelle! i hope you don't mind, but i tried to go a non-traditional route by not really mentioning superheroes in mirabelle's backstory! please let me know if it doesn't fit, or needs any adjustments, since i have a backup story for her. same with her powers!
i am very in love with her and her concept. very fresh background, love the power, i think it's well balanced right now and the heart eyes are a tasty touch. eager to see the full cs!

wait edit omg: did you give her a psuedo forced glow with the pink heart eyes by having her mom force out her powers? that's so hype. love.

also, an error on my part: new york city became millennium city with the metahuman revolution shaping it to be a much more progressive place towards metas. i realize i was vague with this in the lore so totally my bad there. will be updating asap!

β€” DOSSIER.

NAME

Elijah Meldrake

β€” PERSONA (BLURBS).

VIRTUES

- life of the party
- a bit of an eccentric
- idealistic
- emanates a sort of childlike zest for life
- detail-oriented, mischievious
- highly expressive and innovative, individualistic
- charming and endearing
- driven, introspective, a bit of a romantic (suffers from cases of puppy love)
- a daydreamer, visionary, goal-oriented
- someone one can easily talk to, confide in

VICES

- ever-shifting states of identity
- two-faced
- if he ignores his problems long enough, they will go away
- restless
- competitive, tendency towards jealousy
- insecure about his achievements or current state of self (things could always be better type of mentality.
- a bit of a moodswinger - tendency towards melancholic, tempestuous, withdrawn attitude
- idealistic to a fault
- comes across as more naive than he actually is (manipulative streak)
- painfully self aware of his issues, but his escapist nature makes it hard to deal with them/consequences

ASPIRATIONS/FEARS

- very claustrophobic

- wants to leave his mark on the world, fulfill an idealized version of himself, fueled by the ever heroic image of his deceased superhero father

- fears that he cannot fill his father's shoes, or ever outgrow his shadow

- secret fear/denial of the fact that there is a terrible, dark side to the superhero dream/the amazing superhero figure his father supposedly was. Feels as if that's all he has left of his dad, doesn't want that image of him sullied

β€” POWER (BLURBS).

"ANGEL" PHYSIOLOGY

Elijah's father and mother were both meta-human; the former possessed the ability to ingest titanium and in turn synthesize it and have it grow out of parts of his body, creating extra "limbs", other such projectiles, even turning his own skin into a sheen of titanium "armour". Hisbmother's was more on the subtle side; she bad the ability to produce her own kind of venom from her fingertips, tears, blood, saliva, etc;.

The result of their union led Elijah to be born with two extra buds protruding out of his shoulder blades, which later developed into two separate feathered "limbs" made up of extremely hardened keratin (a sort of biological hybrid alloy equivalent of titanium). The ability to shoot his feathers out came later in his childhood, where the discovery that his feathers actually possessed central points containing vestibular toxins was made.

STRENGTHS:

Elijah was born with his power; flight had been as natural and early a process as learning to walk was. To add on to his feathers' titanium-esque durability, they are also quite lightweight and naturally flexible. Combine this with Elijah's lifelong expertise, and the near-acrobatic skill shines through. He is a natural with flight, and has spent much time developing his own flight patterns and stunts to compliment his combat training and most times, just for entertainment's sake.
Speed and quick wing/muscle reflex is also another strengthening factor; Elijah's highest recorded speed was 148 kilometers per hour. His feathers can regrow, and he has nearly mastered the ability to control the toxic concentration of his feathers, using the resulting feeling of vertigo as a gauge to sense how noxious to make them. The toxicity itself is vestibular; meaning the effects injure the balance structures in the ear and/or the neurons that help control balance. The damage is set to be temporary most of the time; enough to give Elijah those extra few lucky seconds or minutes to delivering a final blow.

WEAKNESSES:

Naturally, like many of his fellow classmates, Eli does not possess full mastery of his powers. When it comes to his feather-ejection ability, its quantity over quality; precision and aim haven't quite entered the picture yet. And even then, there's still some work to be done; Elijah's highest record of feather shots fired was twenty-two in a row. On average, he shoots about a dozen and in flight, this number lowers to about half that number. If he tries to shoot out too much much too fast, he is immediately overcome by a serious bout of vertigo, which usually causes him to pass out, which is dangerous especially mid-flight. On average, his feather regrowth rate is about two days.
And just like a sword needs it whetstone, Eli's titanium-esque keratin feathers need lots of good food to keep up their ultra metahuman durability and sharpness. This means that Eli has one hell of an appetite, and his diet regularly consists of foods rich in promoting the production of keratin (eggs, salmon, beef lover, carrots, onion, dark greens, nuts, etc). If Eli does not take care of his diet, his wings will suffer along with the rest of his body - all abilities relating to his wings decrease and suffer.
And just like any ordinary limb, Eli's wings are not immune to being broken. Though they possess the durability and lightweight nature of titanium, his feathers do not possess it's heat resistant properties and are quite sensitive to heat damage. Eli's wings are his biggest source of strength, but they are also his potential biggest liability; an injury to his wings or more importantly, his spine can affect all areas of his combat style, and in the case of his back, can cause immense pain and take months to heal back properly.
Elijah is also not immune to the toxic nature of his own feathers, though the effects are not as potent. His wings are also "semi" retractable, meaning that he can only go in meta-incognito mode for very short periods at a time (twenty minutes to half an hour), before shoulder pain begins to trickle in, signaling to let the dogs out.

β€” BACKGROUND (BLURBS).

Elijah was an easy, delightful baby leading an easy, delightful life. With the fresh country wind in his golden locks and the taste of homegrown apples on his lips, the first portion of his young life was spent within the confines a sweeping country estate, isolated from the rest of the world. His education came in the form of an endless stream of tutors, while his upbringing was left in the hands of a small entourage of nannies and maids. When his mother, Isla Meldrake, was well enough, they would take walks across the endless acres, laughing at his mother's dry humoured jokes and marveling at how much higher and faster he could fly that day.

It was a charmed life, one that one could only see captured in paintings. Yet in this one, one crucial element seemed to be missing: Malcolm Meldrake.

His wife knew him as Mal, the handsome, steely-eyed rookie she had fallen in love with as a young, silly, stupid girl. Elijah knew him as the awe-inspiring yet distant figure who would appear at home for a few weeks every season, before being whisked off again to rejoin the rest of the world, where he was known as the Iron Titan, or as the media dubbed him,
the real life Man of Steel.

But with enough pressure, even metal can bend and break. The news of his sudden death spread far and wide, but when it hit home, it hit hard. With the death of one their top agents, the government came, like the grim reaper, to reap everything else that his contract had assured and provided.
Of course, not everything needed to be so heartless; a deal could be made, they said. A comfortable life for widow and child, they said, but all Isla could see was a replay of the life she'd led so far; under the government's control yet again, like marionettes to someone else's play. Worst of all, she could see the vultures circling for her son, whom they saw as the natural heir to the Iron Titan's legacy. She refused it all, and despite her ailing health, resolved to carve out a more independent, normal life and steer her son clear of the dark, mistaken path her husband chose.

And so, the charmed life Elijah knew faded away, as insubstantial as the shimmering heat haze. He celebrated his eighth birthday in a small, 500 sq foot apartment that his mother managed to snag with her savings. Life had shrunk, that was for sure and certain, but it wasn't all bad. He and his mother grew close in a way they never did before, and Elijah was excited to join a real school that following September. But Isla's health came knocking, demanding her strength, attention, and ability to provide. Countless hospital visits and payments for medication that were no longer covered by the government ate up her savings like a wolf on the hunt. Discrimination against meta-humans and her health impeded her from maintaining any semblance of a job, and worst of all, Elijah was going hungry nights at a time and the shadow of the vultures were never too far away.

Finally, Isla too, broke down. Perhaps she had overestimated her health, or underestimated the harsh reality of attempting to start new lives. Maybe it was the eviction from their small apartment, or the hardness of the sleeping mats in their new home; crowded, under-funded, dilapidated shelter for meta-women and their children, where the strongest tormented the weak, and Elijah suffered the worst of it.

Judgment came, and saw Isla as unfit, sending her away to a facility better equipped to handle her condition. Nine-year old Elijah, on the other hand, was sent away to fulfill what was his natural birthright; spending the rest of his childhood in the same place his father once trained, graduated and became a celebrated alumni of, in order to become the renowned, heroic, modern-day Man of Steel: Vochertrepp.

ELIJAH MELDRAKE
haven't I fallen for enough?
code by low fidelity.

cablebelly cablebelly Aiight, I'm happy to report that Elijah's powers have been fully expanded on (hopefully to your liking)! Standing by for your feedback, chief B]

tenor-2.gif

Last edited:
i am very in love with her and her concept. very fresh background, love the power, i think it's well balanced right now and the heart eyes are a tasty touch. eager to see the full cs!

wait edit omg: did you give her a psuedo

also, imma have to jump on that hype wagon and agree 100% - loved every minute of that backstory, and the twist on a unique superpower, was just a sight for sore eyes! Major kudos B] calypso calypso

Users who are viewing this thread

Back