• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Vigilantes, Rise! [RP]

Astarael

The Weeper
Vigilantes, Rise - The Roleplay

Rules:
  1. No powerplaying. If you’re fighting, you say what you will attempt to do, and leave it up to me as to how successful you are. Ex. “I charge the assassin, shooting for his chest before aiming to tackle him to the ground.” You might get the following back: “Two of your shots hit, one in the chest and one in the arm. The others go wide as the assassin ducks to the ground, evading your tackle. He grabs your ankle.”
  2. Your strength is somewhat correlated to your luck. For example, if you’re fighting with a knife, you’re more likely to be successful than if you’re using a bunch of fancy technology. This is to keep things balanced, but the ultimate balance will be decided by me.
  3. Accept what happens to you. You can and will lose at various times. Again, you aren’t superheroes - you’re vigilantes with a mission of vengeance that can be obstructed by people with better weapons, better strategy, etc.

Our story opens on a dark night in Soroka.

1.78, 12th of Augine
West Side Foundries.

The truck idles outside of the warehouse. Men dressed in black congregate around it, several with unmarked wooden crates.
“You know the drill.”
The group springs into action, unloading the crates and carrying them toward the warehouse. A man inside opens a side door. A woman steps in first, followed by several others, all in the same uniform.
CJNVnCRazBitn3Aj0m0EqB8409S7W9oMBPoU9mQyvS2tlLZdK21TY7JkDo_MtDzvfcALv6a2LeKHiCqh_RqN_hosOR1MxAbh-t34w9xUPXg7FmrjqWvw53aJPHOtlutAjB7Am7Co

The facility is empty, and the people begin piling the crates off to one side. The truck is unloaded quickly.
“Fifteen minutes to the next drop.”
This comes from a woman who is taller than the other people, with two armed bodyguards. The other people head outside to wait, several lighting cigarettes. The woman who entered the warehouse first approaches the leader.
“There won’t be any other drops,” she says, with a cruel sneer.
“Excuse me?”
“I’ve sabotaged the remaining three trucks. Your operations end tonight.”
The bodyguards train their guns on her, but it’s too late. There’s a hiss of metal, and the woman in charge staggers back, clutching at a gash in her stomach which is oozing blood. The assassin grins.
“Didn’t see that coming, did you?”
The bodyguards open fire, but the assassin leaps into the air. Her trench coat bulges and rips apart, revealing… steel wings? Turbines fire up, and she charges the guards, whose bullets miss. The assassin extends a spear, and runs one of the bodyguards through, who gasps for air before dying. Her right wing smacks the other bodyguard, sending his gun flying from his hands.
Pl0qpnO55cwKL0-oopF74K7gKTSx13aKR9uLmDHXnTBv7kGomqyOf8TrHuQzs_D25v8DeTTHVUP9CKYkcH1DOVDkBuOBTYv3Msl-ADSMo1EaNMxilD9VoX9n9a7_4CNdpjZX04ul

“Mission compromised. Blow the warehouse.”
The assassin turns, but it’s too late. The dying leader laughs.
pqHQ6Fswni_TcMPO05pd9gkQRNYLLPGCwf6t9cDardu_SsNIubTMpM4TYWJRTWTf73TQXmDxVAEksl-jsw0FbgcsYYJ4s2Grod2nf1yRvxHf5hy62n7lUkQUnfH9asNGMe9-QnxQ

“You… bitch… you’ll go down in flames!”
“Damn you.”
“Kill the others… but you’ll … never… win!”
The assassin leaps through one of the windows, as the warehouse explodes behind her. The men on the street open fire.
Shit, shit, shit. I should have planned this out more. It’s turning into a mess.
The assassin turns her tumble into a roll, coming out of it on her feet. Her wings unfold and smash into several of the men around her. There are no sirens - clearly, the police have decided to turn a blind eye to yet another fight.
"You don't pick a fight with the Syndicate, missy," one of the criminals sneers.
"I pick a fight with whoever the hell I want."

Things are looking pretty dicey. If only there were some other vigilantes in the area...
This is your cue!

A massive explosion announces another fight. Pulse hears the blast long before seeing it. Waking up quickly, Pulse gets food and gets into his suit. It always made him feel better with it on. With everything ready to go, Pulse jumps out the window. He activated his gauntlets, throwing him into the air.

Pulse arrives shortly on the scene. He notices the fire first. He lands next to the inferno. Pulse uses his power to attempt to put out the fire before moving on to the fighting.
“Sorry I’m late,” Pulse says, “There was no invitation.”
Pulse goes for a punch to the chest before sweeping the leg of the nearest person.

Your gauntlets send you soaring through the sky, before landing amid the ruins of the warehouse. You see a woman with wings using a spear to fight a group of people in black - criminals?
Your gauntlets don't have much of an effect on the raging flames that have consumed much of the warehouse. Instead, you join the battle.
Your punch knocks the nearest criminal over, but your kick misses. The criminal attempts to grab your leg...
Nightwing
Who the hell is this new guy?
"There wasn't an invitation because this isn't a gig for heroes, kid." He manages to knock down one of the Syndicate members, who promptly grabs his leg. With a sigh, I yank out my pistol with my left hand and shoot his assailant in the face. He falls back, and my wings block a hail of gunfire from the men behind us. If they target the turbines, I'll be grounded until I can replace them, but I'm not going to let them kill this guy, foolish as he may be.
"Get out of here before they kill us both."

X had simply been minding his own business in his apartment simply idling a bit. The apartment itself was rather standard. He was simply relaxing a bit, watching some television since he didn't have anything that he felt the need to get too Regardless though he heard and explosion and he knew that it was his cue to get moving. X swiftly slipped on his trench coat, mask and hood. before he went down to the ravine nearby his apartment where he kept his motorcycle. He simply brought it up to the surface rather quickly with no time to spare, before he turned it on and began his journey towards the source of the explosion. He knew what ever the hell was going on , it wasn't going to be anything good. He was breaking any sense of speed limit there was as he ended up near the sight hearing fighting and gunfire.

X comes speeding onto the seen on said bike , before he jumps off of it rather violently landing on his feet, he attempts to swing his bat at one of the syndicate group members. After doing such he jumps off of his bike rather violently since he was used to it there was a good chance he landed without a hitch. He then approached the same person who had attempted to hit and was going to go in for another one not even saying a word. He was subsequently on high alert as well trying to make sure that he didn't get shot as that was also a priority.

Midnight wasn't ready for a fight that night so it took her a bit to get into costume as she finishes dressing she climbs to a building near the now exploded warehouse and smiles under her mask and starts to sing a small repeating tune as she climbs down the fire escape and twirls her way to Nightwing, "evening dear need a women's touch to fight off these buffoons~!" she takes out her batons and sprints to two syndicate members attempting to hit their guts while running past them

Pulse uses his gauntlets to fire a blast at one of the men. He gets knocked onto the ground by one of the men. He uppercuts the person who just hit him.
“I’m not leaving,” Pulse answers, “Who invited the English woman?”

X
You land on the ground easily. You punch the first Syndicate soldier, knocking him to the ground as a bullet grazes your cheek. You whip around, realizing that you’re about to get shot...
Midnight
...when you charge onto the battlefield and slam your batons into the stomach of the offender, who gags and collapses. The second Syndicate soldier dodges and smacks you in the arm, as...
Pulse
...you blast the soldier, knocking him to the ground as a soldier tackles you. Your uppercut lands, knocking him unconscious.

Nightwing
Just who are all of these people? My turbines launch into action, lifting me into the air as I leap forward. I plunge my spear into the closest Syndicate soldier, then throw him at another. I land squarely on my feet, then wince as a bullet hits my knee.
“If you’re going to try and be useful, make sure these shits are dead BEFORE you move on!” I roar, my wings lifting me off the ground. Two of the Syndicate are unconscious, but a third, although one of the others has punched him, looks pissed. A fourth, although recovering from some kind of sound wave, is also very much alive. And then there are the five others approaching, and none of them look like they’re handing out lollipops any time soon.

Midnight scoffs, "I didn't think we needed an invite..... but thank you... I didn't think he would dodge" She then stares at Nightwing and glares under her mask and runs over to her and readies her shock batons and attempts to attack two of the five syndicate, "hey I'm not judging your style dear I don't believe killing is needed.... but I cannot stop you" she then starts her song again

“I for one, do not kill my enemies,” Pulse says, “If we kill them, we are no better than the people we fight.”
Pulse gets up. He propels himself in the air. He aims for the new round of villains. When he hits the ground, he releases a Shockwave in an attempt to take out as many soldiers as possible.

Midnight
Your batons slam into the first of the two Syndicate soldiers, and she falls to the ground, wincing. You then charge the second one, and a baton thrust to the chest sends him flying back.
Pulse
Your Shockwave ripples over the battlefield. It knocks 2 of the remaining 3 enemies to the ground, but it also hits Midnight. Ouch... maybe you should have been a bit more careful.

Nightwing
That’s cute, but it’s clear that these people don’t understand how this city works. “If you just leave them here, NOT dead, they’ll just go back to the Syndicate. Unless you want to try and cleanse the corruption from the police department? That’s why you maim” - I slice off the hand of one of the two standing soldiers - “or kill.” I thrust my spear into the chest of the last soldier.
There are several who are alive or coming to, but none of them are making any moves right now. “I’ve been fighting the Syndicate for years, and these aren’t entry-level soldiers.” I straighten up. “I have a bad feeling about all of this. I don’t know why their leader would blow the whole shipment, unless it was because they were working on something private...”

Midnight thinks and realizes she is right and turns up the voltage on her batons and jabbing them into the eyes of the one who fell to the ground, "as much as I hate to say it.... we need to do this and this might be our only chance to do what's right.... at the cost of our morals" Midnight walks up to nightwing and puts her hand out, "midnight melody, charmed to make your acquaintance."

Nightwing
Nice to see that at least one of them has some kind of a backbone. “I go by Nightwing. It’s a pleasure.” I turn to the defeated Syndicates. “The one thing I can say about leaving them alive is that they’re good for interrogation.” One of the two unconscious ones is slowly coming to, and I level my spear at her neck. “You. Tell us what was contained within that shipment.”
She laughs derisively. “Tell you? Never! The Syndicate would kill me.”

Midnight smiles at Nightwing and glared at the syndicate member, "that would be merciful compared to what I could do to you... hehehe oh the possibilities I have in my mind! how does feeding you your own stomach sound hmm~?" Midnight had a insane grin and takes out one baton and puts it on her chin, "or.... I could pop your eyeballs with 3000 jolts of electricity!" she then shocked her chin at a low but still effective voltage

The Syndicate soldier chuckles in response.
"You'll never get the chance! He's coming! And when he does-"
She falls silent. No, she's sunk back down to the ground.

Nightwing
There's a pool of something silver coming out of the woman's body.
No, not a pool - a swarm that coalesces into an orb.
A similar orb rises up from each of the bodies, ripping through flesh and killing any of the Syndicate left alive.
"What the hell..."
b8e97490acba51637f7d8c88a5c2f2ea.gif
(Me attempting to edit gifs, did not work out so well)
The orbs join into one large mass on the center of the battlefield, and one of the Syndicate rises to his feet.
I didn't notice the man - he must have pretended to have fallen, or one of the others must have taken him out.
"You will all fall. Before long... the resistance in this city will be eradicated."

155316329.jpg
The man is surrounded by the swarm, which looks dangerous.
What kind of technology is this?

Midnight was shocked and took a step back "Nightwing you fight the syndicate what is this!" she pulled out her shock batons, "I'm to young to die!.... but who ever gave a damn about that!" she ran at the swarm and swung her batons

X was about about ready to attempt a bullet reflect with his bat, like he'd done plenty of times due to the alloy of said metal, however what he wasn't expecting was the cluster of silver coming in like an angel of death and slaughtering the remaining syndicates before he had much time to do anything else. X didn't even say a word remaining silent this whole time. He still wasn't entirely sure who to trust at the moment as he wasn't really affiliated with any of these people. Instead he held his weapon of choice in a defensive stance and watched the scene unfold before him, not sure what was going to go down.. To think he had only managed to knock one person to the ground too, feeling a bit less useful then usual, on the plus side his ride hadn't been trashed like it had been before in these types of ordeals.

Last edited:
(Ah! I didn't realize the RP had started!)

Skye rubbed the sleepy dirt out of her eyes, and squinted at the scene going on across the street. You wanted to fight.... Skye inhaled, slowly, as if making up her mind. But I've never been in a fight before. Skye opened her pocket knife, making her fist look like brass knuckles. Her other hand clutched her other knife, a larger one. I might be able to help.

Skye scurried across the street, staying low and trying to go from shadow to shadow, staying unseen. In one such shadow, she took the time to observe the mis matched set of 'heroes' fighting the dark guys. She licked her dry lips. Who the hell wears such bright colours? What about staying hidden? And baby blue? Seriously!? What is he trying to be, cotton candy? THIS ISN'T THE 80s!! With a huff, Skye ran to her next spot. Close to the burning building, she was right behind the guy who was using some sort of technology to assault the rest of them. Skye took a deep breath. 3.... 2..... 1.....

Skye stood up and leaned towards the front of the guy, slamming him underneath his jaw with her fist and pocket knife. The guy buckled, and it was obvious he was bleeding. Skye knew a shot like that could seriously harm someone.

The hooded man raises his arms, and the swarm pours out in an ocean of death.

Midnight
Your batons send lightning arcing through the swarm, frying the ones around you. The swarm parts somewhat, because the silvery things can't seem to penetrate your guard. But you've got to keep blocking, or else they'll make it through, and you don't want to know what they'll do to you.

Nightwing
My mind's going at a thousand miles an hour. I've heard about the Syndicate attempting to develop advanced weaponry in the past, but their attempts never reached fruitition. It's a collective of mob bosses, not some kind of a technology lab...
I clearly can't do much to the swarm with my weapons, so I charge at the man who seems to be controlling them. That's when I see a girl with a knife attempting to attack him.
( Natural Flavour Natural Flavour , it's good to see you've come to the RP, but you just powerplayed. You can't determine the outcome of your attack yourself, or else everyone could say "I kill the enemy instantly with my magic powers" or stuff like that. Notice what the others have done, ex. "he releases a Shockwave in an attempt to take out as many soldiers as possible" instead of saying "he releases a Shockwave, which instantly fries the remaining soldiers.")
What are you doing?! But I can't warn the girl in time as the man grabs her wrist, stopping her knife, and a funnel of the silver fragments flies at her. I abort my attack on the man - I don't know what those silver things will do to flesh, but it's probably not pretty. I grab ahold of the girl's other arm and lash out at the Syndicate with my spear. He releases his grip on the girl's arm to avoid losing his hand, but the swarm closes on the arm he was holding.
4fbf4e9ee4b80ac5fcaa0890a882048157c3df6e_hq.png
I start attempting to pull the girl out of the way.

Skye
The man grabs your wrist.
"Pathetic," he hisses.
A swarm of the silver things flies at you, and you can't break free.
But wait! The woman in black grabs ahold of your other arm, and swats at the man. He releases you, and the woman starts to tug you away...
When the swarm closes on your right arm.
It feels like fire, fire all over your forearm and hand. You have to get them off! Fast!

( Astarael Astarael Okay, I just thought it seemed like everyone else was knocking them out perfectly...nvm. I felt like I had left enough of an opening, but that's fine. Sorry.)

Skye thought her shot had landed, but she was wrong. Now her wrist was held by the bad guy! How did he- Before she could think anything else, one of the heroes, a woman in black, yanked her away from the bad guy.... but for only a moment. His tech, whatever the heck it was, grabbed her arm back in a silver swarm. It kind of felt like licking a plug in to something. Bitter pain, almost with a taste. The woman in black was still pulling at her, and it hurt.

"AHHHHHHH L-let go! STOP PULLING!" Skye needed her left hand to grab her knife. She clenched her jaw as tears sprung to her eyes.

It was certainly an eventful day for the Funnyman. Not only was this his first patrol, it had started with an explosion of all things. He didn't like his odds, but since he was already on the street, he entered the building through a side entrance. The dead Syndicate soldiers were a good sign: It meat that at least Someone was a Vigilante, just like him. Sdly he could not actually shoot towards the people fighting yet, because the spread of the pellets from his shotguns would probably hit everyone else near the-Syndicate enforcer?- That's what he hoped he was, anyway. He approached as much as he could, all the while trying to stay unseen, something easier said than done considering his bulk and mask. Once close enough, he aimed down the sights of his Shotgun, waiting for a clean shot.

(OOC note: You can decide whether or not you spot him)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back