• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Viewing posts without BBCode?

SP3CT3R

seven foot frame, rats along his back
Is there a way to implement some sort of button that could show someone else's post without interfering BBCode? I mostly use mobile devices to look at RpN, and it's kind of a pain having to switch to desktop format/quote the post and read it in the response box/ask the poster to include a non-formatted version in a spoiler. And there are instances where someone's BBCode messes with the entire page and I have a hard time scrolling up and down.

I was trying to find an older thread where this topic was covered. I can't find it sadly so I'll have to verbatim answer it again. Back when we had the mobile app it was like a 'reader only' mode, but the problem is that it doesn't actually remove the code, it just removed the effects of the code. Basically, if I was to make the color of this text red, in a reader-mode it would not only show the text but the raw code as well. It's actually pretty disruptive, especially for complex codes.

Now, there are ways to do this yourself - such as reader mode for android - but you'd likely encounter the same problem. There was a nifty site that did a decent enough job in just grabbing the text for a post in the older thread which covered this subject, but again I can't find it because it has been ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back