• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Victorian D&D 5e Adventure!

Noam

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Edit: As of 3/30/20, we are seeking 1-2 new players to join the party!

fantasy-city-v2.jpg

Your characters have all recently arrived in the great city of Guardia, and for whatever reason, they need to make some cash, fast. The Guardia Exterminator's Guild is looking to hire a couple of people on a temporary contract to take care of a job that, quite frankly, is beneath their esteemed staff of adventurers--eradicating twig blights from the local arboretum. It's not a glamorous job, but it pays well, and you really, really need that money...

Hey y'all! My name is Noam. I'm a long time player and first time DM who's looking to host a D&D campaign with all the classic trappings--elves and dwarves, magic powers, the whole shebang. The only difference is that the setting is pseudo-Victorian, rather than pseudo-medieval, so if you want to take the train or an airship to the dragon fight, you can.

sbe-1873-gentlemen-01.jpg
This but elves.
As the campaign goes on, the stakes will get higher, and character's backstories will start coming into play. It's not DnD if everybody doesn't need therapy, after all.

The Rules
New players are welcome! D&D can be confusing, and I'm happy to help you figure it out. If you need help creating a character sheet, PM me.

2. All official races and classes are allowed for your characters, including stuff from Volo's Guide to Monsters, Ebberon, etc. If you wanna home-brew something, PM me and we'll talk.

3. Be nice.

The Setting

The World

province map.png

The campaign begins on the northern coast of the Pichinian Empire. A flat country of vast plains and dense forests, the Pichinian Empire is a halfling kingdom with a long and bloody history of conquest. Currently, however, they're trying their hand at this thing called "peace", which means that for the first time, ports are open to travellers from all other lands.

The City of Guardia
The largest city in the Pichinian Empire, Guardia sits on the edge of the Gray Sea and is home to all manner of creatures. There are over a million people living there permanently, and many more visiting for work or study.

db0b1sv-85717dc7-762b-488c-a845-48b74c5613c3.jpg

Points of Interest
Guardia is a center of academic life, and attracts many wizards, artificers, and other intellectuals who want to study at the esteemed Creledo University. Those who are interested in a less academic lifestyle might find themselves auditioning for a role in the Guardia Arena Spectacular, the only gladiator fights that are rebroadcast in movie theaters across the nation! Or maybe you're just trying to make a living in one of the city's thousands of factories, businesses, or shipyards. Not everybody wants to be famous.

The Population
There are over a million people in Guardia, and no species forms a clear majority. The Pichinian Empire is and always has been a halfling kingdom, however, so most of the city's rich and powerful are halflings. Humans, dwarves, and gnomes are abundant, making up about a third of the population. Everyone else exists in smaller numbers, but if you're craving a taste of home, there's probably a neighborhood in Guardia that can give you what you need.

Interested? Comment here, and send me your character sheet!

Last edited:
I'd be interested! I'm basically a newb (played a one-shot once, read through the phb multiple times before though) Right now I don't have a character sheet but I can make one in a bit.

I'm interested! Any special rules for generating ability scores? And I assume we start at level one?

Can you give more details about the setting to help with making a backstory?

I like me some DnD. I have the same questions about setting and the stat generation, and will this be PbP, or on Discord? I would only be able to do the Play by Post due to my odd schedule.

I'm interested in joining! Sounds like a cool concept. Would love to hear more of the setting to help with character creation like hannah said.

hannahbbug3 hannahbbug3 , Sherwood Sherwood For generating ability scores, we'll be using the standard method. Roll 4d6, subtract the lowest number, and add the 3 highest together. Do that for each of your stats, and you'll be good!

This will be Play by Post, but via Discord. I will be adding more info about the setting in a bit.

Would you like us to roll the scores on here? If so, I'll go ahead and edit my rolls into this post (if I can figure out how to do that, only used the die roller on here once before).

EDIT: I cannot for the life of me figure out the die roller. I will be making my rolls on another site and linking the post to here for transparency. The other site (Giant in the Playground) doesn't allow editing posts with rolls, so they'll be legit.

EDIT 2: View Single Post: Rolls Here they are! Man, I rolled well!

Last edited:
I would like to join too, is there still room for one more? I like that the setting is a bit different, which gives new options for character development and such.

Shiiiiiiiiit, too late! Please let me know if more spots ever become available, because this is exactly what I'm best at!

Edit: As of 3/30/20, we are seeking 1-2 new players to join the party!

View attachment 692103

Your characters have all recently arrived in the great city of Guardia, and for whatever reason, they need to make some cash, fast. The Guardia Exterminator's Guild is looking to hire a couple of people on a temporary contract to take care of a job that, quite frankly, is beneath their esteemed staff of adventurers--eradicating twig blights from the local arboretum. It's not a glamorous job, but it pays well, and you really, really need that money...

Hey y'all! My name is Noam. I'm a long time player and first time DM who's looking to host a D&D campaign with all the classic trappings--elves and dwarves, magic powers, the whole shebang. The only difference is that the setting is pseudo-Victorian, rather than pseudo-medieval, so if you want to take the train or an airship to the dragon fight, you can.

View attachment 692104
This but elves.
As the campaign goes on, the stakes will get higher, and character's backstories will start coming into play. It's not DnD if everybody doesn't need therapy, after all.

The Rules
New players are welcome! D&D can be confusing, and I'm happy to help you figure it out. If you need help creating a character sheet, PM me.

2. All official races and classes are allowed for your characters, including stuff from Volo's Guide to Monsters, Ebberon, etc. If you wanna home-brew something, PM me and we'll talk.

3. Be nice.

The Setting

The World

View attachment 692183

The campaign begins on the northern coast of the Pichinian Empire. A flat country of vast plains and dense forests, the Pichinian Empire is a halfling kingdom with a long and bloody history of conquest. Currently, however, they're trying their hand at this thing called "peace", which means that for the first time, ports are open to travellers from all other lands.

The City of Guardia
The largest city in the Pichinian Empire, Guardia sits on the edge of the Gray Sea and is home to all manner of creatures. There are over a million people living there permanently, and many more visiting for work or study.

Points of Interest
Guardia is a center of academic life, and attracts many wizards, artificers, and other intellectuals who want to study at the esteemed Creledo University. Those who are interested in a less academic lifestyle might find themselves auditioning for a role in the Guardia Arena Spectacular, the only gladiator fights that are rebroadcast in movie theaters across the nation! Or maybe you're just trying to make a living in one of the city's thousands of factories, businesses, or shipyards. Not everybody wants to be famous.

The Population
There are over a million people in Guardia, and no species forms a clear majority. The Pichinian Empire is and always has been a halfling kingdom, however, so most of the city's rich and powerful are halflings. Humans, dwarves, and gnomes are abundant, making up about a third of the population. Everyone else exists in smaller numbers, but if you're craving a taste of home, there's probably a neighborhood in Guardia that can give you what you need.

Interested? Comment here, and send me your character sheet!
I've never played dnd before ive only watched others play it online and have always wanted to try it for myself i even have a simple character and backstory in mind but i would need some help setting up a character sheet as i'm interested to join ^^ if you'll have me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back