• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Vices and Virtues

awriternamedian

Not made of lies and deceit
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

vices and virtues.
the premise
The Seven Deadly Vices and Heavenly Virtues have been reborn into the human world. Twenty seven years ago, the spirits of the vices and virtues were freed, whether on accident or on purpose, and each found a home in a child about to be born. Normal human children, with no awareness of who they are, or the powers they possess. Adults now, they've found themselves drawn to the small coastal town of Blueridge, named for a nearby cliff face overlooking the water, that is said to glow blue if looked at from a certain angle in the rain.

The town of Blueridge is odd to say the least. Weird things happen, things unexplainable by science. People do things no human is capable of, often are born or develop supernatural abilities of some sort. Strange creatures are spotted in the woods, or in the sea, or on the face of the nearby cliff. It is widely acknowledged but rarely spoken of, and never with outsiders, not that there are usually many. The summer festival usually draws in a few, but none so odd as the ones they receive this year, shaking the foundations of their small town, drawn there by some urge they can't put a name to or a finger on. There is a connection between this town and the reborn vices and virtues, one with perhaps world altering effects if discovered.

Each person possessing a vice or virtue subconsciously influences those around them, unless in the presence of their opposite. They embody their vice or virtue in personality and spirit, but that doesn't mean the vices are evil or the virtues good. They are as complex in use and being as any human. They each can recognize their opposite, and may feel drawn to each other in some way, though if they haven't learned what they are, they won't yet recognize the bond for what it is.
the rules
1. RESPECT THE RPN RULES
this should go without saying, but here you go

2. MATURITY WARNING
this roleplay is going to be dealing with mature and dark themes, please be prepared for that

3. SEMI-LIT/CASUAL
posting requirement of at least a couple paragraphs, please post at least once a week. i won't require more than that, but it would be nice.

4. CHARACTER LIMITS
You are allowed to create one character who is a vice or virtue, and however may you'd like of the locals. Once all who are interested have been accepted, if there are still open roles, people will be allowed to take a second. If you're interested in one of the roles, please let me know and I'll mark your name down. I'll give you a week to post your character, but after that the role will open back up to anyone who wants it.

"Virtues are dangerous as vices insofar as they are allowed to rule over one as authorities and not as qualities one develops oneself."

"The virtues and vices are all put in motion by interest."
lust.
taken. ~me
chastity.
taken. ~PixieDust
gluttony.
taken. ~Ashy_OCdesigns
temperance.
taken. ~LuciaMetelli
greed.
taken. ~AI10100
charity.
open.
sloth.
open.
diligence.
taken. ~sappho_
wrath.
taken. ~wheeler
patience.
open.
envy.
taken. ~x_Tasia_X
gratitude.
taken. ~SafetyStraps
pride.
taken. ~rel.sionnach
humility.
taken. ~myrkwise
coded by kaninchen

Last edited:
Sloth, Charity, and Patience are open, and we are also accepting locals, who have their own special brand of odd~

Last edited:
This seems neat. I'm interested in the Humility role - I've got a definite idea for it.

I don't know if this group is open to complete newbies on this site? I have roleplayed before, but I've just signed up here a moment ago, haha. If not, no worries! Either way, I've wanted to say I think this is a really interesting concept. If I can apply, I'd be interested in 'Temperance'. What information do you need about my character idea?

I don't know if this group is open to complete newbies on this site? I have roleplayed before, but I've just signed up here a moment ago, haha. If not, no worries! Either way, I've wanted to say I think this is a really interesting concept. If I can apply, I'd be interested in 'Temperance'. What information do you need about my character idea?
It totally is! And Temperance is absolutely available. Everything I need for characters is on the character page!

Awesome, that's great! Then I'll go ahead and put my ideas there - I wasn't sure if that was for already approved characters only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back