• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Vices and Virtues OoC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
just so i get notifications, Hi! (also wheeee there is a super fun group rp with no discord this is awsome!

It could be something like suppressing sexual attraction/desire
around them, or you could go more positive where their presence
encourages like "pure" love over sex?

Right-o. I have a few things left to do for my end of the semester plus a flight out but I should be able to start working on my character by the weekend or some time along those lines!

Trying to figure out what ability someone who personifies chastity would have. It’s quite a tough one
It might be interesting to go about it from a more abstract angle - something like being able to restrain or immobilize people, for example.

I think I’ll probably go abstract with envy’s ability as well. Envy is pretty easy to work with too. Since envy is basically the desire to have someone else’s things (appearance, abilities, status, etc) it would translate into a copycat ability pretty easily(envying someone’s power so much they copy it and make it their own, temporarily ofc) Or having them be able to change their appearance to be someone else’s. I might go with the first one tho.
I just want to ask here if an ability that could copy other powers would be allowed, I know that some rps with powers don’t allow those.

I think I’ll probably go abstract with envy’s ability as well. Envy is pretty easy to work with too. Since envy is basically the desire to have someone else’s things (appearance, abilities, status, etc) it would translate into a copycat ability pretty easily(envying someone’s power so much they copy it and make it their own, temporarily ofc) Or having them be able to change their appearance to be someone else’s. I might go with the first one tho.
I just want to ask here if an ability that could copy other powers would be allowed, I know that some rps with powers don’t allow those.
I'm not sure how I feel about the copycat ability, not because I see anything wrong with it, but because it's unlikely they've met another person with powers before, and their abilities require practice to really use.

I'm not sure how I feel about the copycat ability, not because I see anything wrong with it, but because it's unlikely they've met another person with powers before, and their abilities require practice to really use.
Makes sense! I’ll have to brainstorm some more power ideas and see if I can think of something more convenient

That's not to say it isn't an ability they can't develop! I did mention that they'd develop/discover stronger powers through the roleplay, but at the start it should be simple things they'd use in every day life.

I think with greed I'm gonna play around the idea of caution for now. In a sense that being around him makes people overly cautious/paranoid that someone will come to steal their stuff and be less agreeable to things... maybe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back