• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Vexpara, International Exorcism Solutions (Modern Fantasy, Demon Hunting) [Open]

Then its time to snoop and see whats what

I have Slept

Coin Coin
So I was actually thinking of reworking this kid right here, but I might need a bit of help making sure she fits. The fact that she's a prodigy and cocky about her skills is pretty fundamental to her character (and also fun for me to set her up for Humbling Experiences), so I feel like it's a good idea to make sure she's not OP before I commit to her backstory. I'm thinking she'd either be a Crane or an Augur, but I'm leaning towards Augur because it seems more conducive to the "lots of raw power/talent + lack of experience and formal education/training" setup.

I'm thinking of making her half-demon (Ish. She doesn't really know, but she's definitely not all-the-way human), able to tolerate much more infernal magic than most humans/human hybrids (maybe because of the dog? dogs are magic. maybe the dog can filter out the murderous impulses a bit. idk.), and thus very powerful BUT in a very unpredictable, uncontrolled way. She is capable of doing a lot of damage, but she could probably be taken out by someone with less power and more training.

For specifics, she can do impressive things with Wrath magic- e.g., lightning, pillars of flame, shield, the whole nine yards. It's the only classification in which she is truly on par with a trained and experienced caster. She can use Gates, but can't sustain them for very long, and the longer she keeps it up the more difficult it is for her to control where they lead other than "somewhere safe." She can heal minor wounds on herself more or less automatically, but other people's injuries are beyond her.

And she is complete garbage at standard magic. Doesn't agree with the demony bits, or so she claims. She hasn't sustained any physical damage from her use of infernal magic, and she's certain that she never will. She's wrong. There is a limit, and she's going to hit it- soon.

Basically, I am trying to make her remarkably talented, but plausible in the setting, with a lot of potential but less skill than she thinks she has. I want to make sure she's not over-the-top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back