• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Very Weird (A Junji Ito/SCP inspired Horror RP)

Lord Moldoma

Professional Sweetypie
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In the bowels of Yokohama, an iron curtain has descended down upon the oddities of the world, and with a dark age of a lack of government interference caused by a new seemingly memetic barrier, the unlucky few to be preyed upon by what could only be described through the macabre and twisted works of urban legends meant to keep children from going out at night and getting lost find themselves without anything other than their own wits to help. From being haunted by ghosts with claws for hands and exposed organs, to an entire nearby town being wiped off the map by the sudden appearance of giant spiders with duplicates of the townspeoples heads, the oddities of Japan have begin to encircle themselves around the people of Yokohama like a spiral of death.

But this isn’t a world of live and let live. Whenever two anomalies/paranormal beings collide, it becomes another kind of urban legend entirely. Everyone wants a piece of human society, and in the land of the rising sun, there’s no room to share.

A death cult has formed in the unspoken alleyways of Yokohama, and the end times are said to be upon all of Japan and beyond, once the Spiral of Death reaches critical mass.

Be you an investigator trying to put an end to this surely misguided conspiracy and solve the nature of the spiral, a human just trying to survive, or a macabre creep who’s mere existence brings questions to the table, one thing is for certain, things are about to get…

Very weird…

“Very Weird” is a supernatural/urban legend roleplay inspired by the works of famous horror artist Junji Ito, the works of the horror Author collective “The SCP Foundation”, and horror crossover movies such as Freddy V. Jason.

The basic plot concepts are that some sort of greater supernatural force is attracting the paranormal to Yokohama Japan, for unknown, but definitely malevolent reasons.

Your characters will either be private investigators who’ve been tipped off of a series of inexplicably interconnected supernatural events/deaths. Regular people attempting to survive in a world where the ordinary has become odd. Or one of the supernatural beings trying to score your payday/stop the endless cycle of madness.

The main themes here are a great attractor plot featuring masquerade fantasy, inexplicable horror, and a penchant for letting supernatural horror story monsters settle their differences like wild animals.

Rules:

1. 18+ only: This roleplay is meant to get pretty creepy and weird, and while I started reading Junji Ito when I was 15 and SCP when I was 13, that’s not a brag, and all its done is make me seriously paranoid whenever I go downstairs for a midnight snack. Tl;dr, I won’t take responsibility for giving you nightmares, so you better be an adult who’s ready for some spooks.
  2. No erp: There are the occasional sexual themes in Ito’s works, and god knows that people wanna get down and dirty with some SCPs, but that’s not what I’m here for, and that’s not what this story is about. This is about peeping the horror, not peeping the women’s bathroom.
  3. There will be spots open for 3 Supernatural monsters, 4 investigators, and an unlimited amount of normal people caught up in the spiral.
  4. Keep in mind that People have trouble leaving the area of Yokohama through normal means due to fate either guiding them back home or towards death and then back home whenever they make the decision to turn back away from that death. But it’s not against the rules for a person to come to Yokohama (they just better get comfortable.)
  5. Most of the anomalous beings that will appear, while powerful by standards of normalcy, and sometimes immune to certain methods of neutralization, will never be truly immune to all forms of harm. If it bleeds, you can kill it. And in the world of Very Weird, even ghosts bleed.
  6. For obvious plot reasons, nobody will have prior knowledge on the spiral of death, or if they do, it will be in an unreliable form such as a highly flawed internet fringe theory, or an old wives tale/piece of Japanese mythos that doesn’t capture the full picture.
  7. Finally, please don’t just copy and paste a pre existing canon from a horror work. References and inspiration are fine and encouraged, but please try and be creative

Is there a opening for supernatural entities? I was thinking of a ghost like entity.

So to be clear this isn’t in the SCP universe right?

So to be clear this isn’t in the SCP universe right?
Nope! It's heavily inspired by the works of the SCP Wikidot Authors (Particularly Keter Duty/Project Isoroppoeia, SCP-5000 "Why?", and SCP-1730 "Whatever Happened to Site 19") and Junji Ito (Namely his one-off non-apocalyptic stories, Tomie, Dissolving Classroom, and Souichi Suji's book of curses,) but it is it's own independent canon.

I am only familiar with the SCP articles listed. Site 13 vaguely remember.

I am only familiar with the SCP articles listed. Site 13 vaguely remember.
That's enough for me. The main point is to have crossover events between custom anomalies. It's the exact opposite of the meaning of works from SCP that you're supposed to think about. It's the low bar of simply wanting to ask "Who would win in a fight" and that's the fun.

People get so caught up in being pretentious and wordy that they forget that watching a Frankenstein punch out a Shoggoth is just as fun and we shouldn't drop on people who enjoy that sort of stuff.

Howdy, this is actually something I can put my schooling to work into, investigating this would be fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back