• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Versipolis:

“The work is going well, but it looks like it might be the end of the world.”
― Elizabeth Kolbert, a writer from the before times.
The year is 2062. The United States’ economy has seen better days. There have been no shortage of hard times. Military spending was at an all-time low,. a decent percentage of Americans were facing unemployment and a lack of job security. The various scientific fields that managed to stay afloat had very little to offer this world. It was a position that the country never expected it to be in: anything but the apex predator. Sure, the politicians assured us with their speeches that we were on the rise, but little did we know, things were going to get much worse.

Man had made it this far by its intelligence, but now, it would die by its foolishness and weakness. For the first time in our history, we became the hunted. We became the lesser beings. Nobody knows how it began, as nobody does, but once “it” did, social media went rampant. Everyone called it the end of the world, the exact scenarios visionaries such as George Romero predicted with zombies. But these things, they were far from mindless, slow, and easy to kill.

These things were unlike anything we had ever prepared for, because they were the Dogmen. It caught us at surprise at first, as many prayed nightly that the nukes of our enemies would not decimate our cities, the various viruses we constantly are at war with don’t pick our genetic locks. But humanity was so foolish, as they never saw the true enemy coming. A mutation, a virus spread by bite, and enacted by stress and anger, that changes man into beast. And to think we were so removed from nature, that we were its masters.

Because humanity was no stranger to these hysterical events, as who has not seen a zombie movie, the government was quick to respond. They tried their best to contain the initial infection, quarantining a large area in the Northern part of the United States, home to millions. But the quarantine failed. The efforts to keep back these vicious animals and their infectious bite proved a failure.

But even before that first response, other countries had turned their backs on us. Were their governments so stupid, that they were willing to fall prey as well? Where they so haughty and proud, that these beasts would be welcomed with open arms? In an emergency meeting, the United Nations voiced an imperative to construct a containment protocol on the entire United States. A massive undertaking, costing trillions of dollars. The nations of several countries went nearly bankrupt to construct the biggest wall the world had ever seen, and for what? To preserve itself, knowing that where other theoretical government had failed, had acted with overconfidence, they would not.

Thousands of miles of walls were constructed at the Canadian and Mexican borders. The United States people, so angry, betrayed by the government that was to suppose their safety, were assured that the wall would be removed once the issue was resolved. That’s when the first response collapsed. The containment protocols in the United States broke down, and immediately, all signs pointed to the country’s demise. As the finishing touches were put on the Canadian and Mexican walls, the virus spread, almost as if on cue, to all corners of the nation. Anyone seeking refuge was selfishly turned away, infected or not. The United States was now a wasteland.

As I recount this tale to you all, I can say that up until the very end, we put up a hell of a fight. The military, never once recovered from its prime some fifty years earlier, fought bravely. They tried to get civilians out, but every country refused, or were forced into such. The oceans were heavily patrolled, and anyone caught escaping by air or sea was shot down or sunk. The military also tried to kill these beasts, restore order by any means. Our men and women in service used what resources they had to combat these animals, but to no avail. The only success they had with that was creating vast No-Man’s Lands, stretching sometimes for miles. When they couldn’t fight from the air, since we ran out of fuel, they fought on the ground. When nearly every outpost was practically overrun, they scattered like a fleet in a storm. Even now, the ones that survived fight to this day on their own.

And then there’s us, the last of the humans. We’ve got nowhere to go but anywhere but here. We have nothing to do but survive and not get bitten. Even if we are bitten, we don’t necessarily turn, not unless we get angry, stressed, sometimes even scared will do it. But you can go a long time with it if you’re calm, if you can hold on to control. That’s what they say anyways.

But then again, this isn’t new to us. Fourteen years, I think, not that time means anything. After all these years, things haven’t gotten any easier. We’ve seen some things that were not there before. The beasts are getting smarter, finding ways to trick us. There’s even a few that have risen above their programming, learning to speak, to change back, but all that’s left in the end is a shell, a husk of what once was a simple human being. Signing off, Huxley Brown, a citizen of Versipolis.

This is an apocalyptic roleplay that will centralize around a single group surviving in the United States in the wake of “dogmen”. Dogmen, as is their adopted name, are lycanthropic in appearance, and retain very little human qualities. They do not speak like humans, and have base animal instincts. However, they have enhanced senses, speed, and strength. However, there are a select few that can rise above this and have the ability to shift. However, by no means are they at all friendly with humans. We are looking for members who enjoy writing longer responses (3+ paragraphs), like to think out of the box, and absolutely can show off their talents as a writer and a creator. You can apply as either a survivor, or as one of these more sentient wolves. However, we are going to be extremely selective on the wolf aspect, as we do not want too many. We ( Malice Queen Malice Queen and JokerValentine JokerValentine ) will post more information as it becomes available.

If you have any questions or suggestions, shoot us a message!

Join our Discord, too!

Last edited:
Cheshire Grin Cheshire Grin
This is that RP thing Joker and I were working on! I hope it interests you, if not then that's totally fine (I don't want you to overwhelm yourself with RPs!)

Yeah, I'm definitely planning on making a survivor :D Most likely a person with medical background! ^^

Don't worry, I am known for playing multiple characters~ I can still make a survivor xDD

I have an idea for the Dogmen character, but 9 out of time, it might be rejected xDD

The posting rate would not be very quick. I would like to see regular progression, but we are not trying to sacrifice quality for quantity. Though, this condition may change.
Alright, I just didn’t want to join something that was posting too fast.

Count me in. ^^

This sounds pretty interesting and is a nice spin on the zombie apocalypse trope. Nice touch with the wall, seems pretty ironic and hilarious if you ask me. Also, just wanted to make sure, but are the 'sentient' Dogmen capable of speech, even a little? Are they treated differently by other Dogmen or are they treated the same? How do Dogmen interact with each other anyway? How about the survivors, are there any city/strongholds/bases that are relatively safe from the Dogmen?

This sounds pretty interesting and is a nice spin on the zombie apocalypse trope. Nice touch with the wall, seems pretty ironic and hilarious if you ask me. Also, just wanted to make sure, but are the 'sentient' Dogmen capable of speech, even a little? Are they treated differently by other Dogmen or are they treated the same? How do Dogmen interact with each other anyway? How about the survivors, are there any city/strongholds/bases that are relatively safe from the Dogmen?
Hey there!

Sorry about that. We don't have too much info up on them at the moment, but hopefully by tomorrow all Lore will be available, thus I understand your confusion.

These sentient dog men are capable of shifting into a human form with a moderate level of command. The ecological study has proven rather uneventful, so there surely could exist some variety. For the most part, they have human reasoning skills, and if in human form they can speak. However, they are stripped of their previous life or the most part. There may be some residual traits left, but the average survivor would not know that. These sentient dog men also tend to work against humans as well, sometimes coordinating efforts with other dogmen, typically the ones that are not sentient. So I think the best answer to that would be that there is some form of hierarchy within them.

As for survivor groups, they are relatively mobile. There surely would exist some safe havens, but given that it is not a wise strategy for the longterm (unless if you have sustained agriculture, thus space, they don't typically stay stationary. However, our group is going to be especially mobile, as they are heading for a rumored breach in the wall. Once the lore is posted, that much will be made clearer.

I hope that works! If you have any other questions, let me or Malice Queen Malice Queen know!

Hey there!

Sorry about that. We don't have too much info up on them at the moment, but hopefully by tomorrow all Lore will be available, thus I understand your confusion.

These sentient dog men are capable of shifting into a human form with a moderate level of command. The ecological study has proven rather uneventful, so there surely could exist some variety. For the most part, they have human reasoning skills, and if in human form they can speak. However, they are stripped of their previous life or the most part. There may be some residual traits left, but the average survivor would not know that. These sentient dog men also tend to work against humans as well, sometimes coordinating efforts with other dogmen, typically the ones that are not sentient. So I think the best answer to that would be that there is some form of hierarchy within them.

As for survivor groups, they are relatively mobile. There surely would exist some safe havens, but given that it is not a wise strategy for the longterm (unless if you have sustained agriculture, thus space, they don't typically stay stationary. However, our group is going to be especially mobile, as they are heading for a rumored breach in the wall. Once the lore is posted, that much will be made clearer.

I hope that works! If you have any other questions, let me or Malice Queen Malice Queen know!
Can the regular Dogmen recognize the sentient ones in their human forms? Or will they attack them unless they are in their Dogmen forms?

Can the regular Dogmen recognize the sentient ones in their human forms? Or will they attack them unless they are in their Dogmen forms?
They would recognize by scent. Also, there are some beast qualities that remain in some of the sentient ones. For example, a discolored iris is very typical of shifters. But the average hunter may not know this information or may be rather foolish to notice it. Also, the sentient wolves are not entirely human reasoning, and may not see much empathy for humans.

They would recognize by scent. Also, there are some beast qualities that remain in some of the sentient ones. For example, a discolored iris is very typical of shifters. But the average hunter may not know this information or may be rather foolish to notice it. Also, the sentient wolves are not entirely human reasoning, and may not see much empathy for humans.
Nice. I finally have a rough outline of my character. I eagerly await for the rp to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back