• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vereor Nox (Fantasy/Action/Powers/School RP)

ARC 1: Small Beginnings

A ship is headed toward the Isle of Hope. Across the strong waters and rough winds, its high-tech Light energy engines propel it forward with amazing efficiency and almost no turbulence detected by the occupants inside, who are kept in a sleeping state with magic as they are transported to the Isle, for reasons involving secrecy and security. After days, maybe even weeks of traveling, the ship finally closes in on its destination, and the passengers are woken up. Aspiring Guardian trainees, all of them, accompanied by a security detail to safeguard the ship and the passengers.

As the occupants awaken, the ship enters a bay of sorts, with jagged rock to the sides, and mainland to the front. The ship continues to sail.

(RPers begin on this ship, you've just woken up and you are free to interact with each other)

Shagranoz Shagranoz Sludgemouth Sludgemouth BearBearBear BearBearBear rennuelaw rennuelaw Trappy Trappy Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Epiphany Epiphany Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Aymeline

Unlike the other Guardian trainees, one of their number had to skip the usual passenger cabins and bed down in the cargo hold. As the sleeping magic is released, large eyelids flutter open and a woman twice the size of an ordinary person stretches before rousing fully from her slumber. Crouched in a hold both spacious and yet designed for humans, Aymeline reaches up and releases the bars that secure the deck doors where cargo's normally lowered in via crane at a dock. She opens those same doors and, with a hop, climbs out topside. Polite and considerate as always, Aymeline then crouches back down and shuts the doors once more so no one falls in.

Duty done, the Giant swivels her head around and looks with unabashed delight at the open sea of the bay and at the land beyond. "So much water," she murmurs. Aymeline ignores the crew (as they likely ignore her) and simply marvels at the waves, the motion of the ship and a rapidly approaching landfall somewhere she's never been. Only her fellow trainees distract her from the spectacle and she looks curiously at anyone she knows is a candidate and passenger instead of one of the crew. Each receives a friendly wave and a "Hello there", though Aymeline shows no sign of expecting anyone to come talk to her in return.

Alora was slow to lift her head from the tiredness of the deep sleep. She looked around the room focusing on the others around her. She quickly began to feel nervous as she saw most of them were human. With her being the only Incruscan she could see she could feel herself get goosebumps. Her Incruscan ear laid back along her head as she sat up straight, rubbing the back of her neck to get rid of the soreness from her being still for so long. Afterward, she pulled her tail over to her chest, hugging it tightly as her heart felt to be running a marathon. "oh, my anxiety, why now." He muttered to herself as she closed her eyes and tried to calm herself before getting the heart to make her way up to the deck to see where the boat was docking off.

She held her breath for a few seconds before taking a multitude of deep breaths. deep breath through the nose, hold, 1...2...3...4...5... Breath out the mouth 1...2...3...4...5... Repeat. She had taken six or seven deep breaths before reopening her eyes and looking around. "What can I see?" She muttered to herself. "Other people ready to learn..." She thought to herself. "Now, What can I hear..." She closed her eyes and listened closely. "Water... People talking.... Birds..." She opened her eyes again feeling herself calm down. "This... This isn't that bad..." She muttered once more to herself before standing, letting go of her tail as she looked around the room. "Where's my staff...?" She surveyed the room, it didn't seem to be in here, but the weapons had to be on the boat somewhere.

Runa

The girl's eyelids flew open as the sleeping magic loses its effect. She takes a deep breath, inhaling the cleansed, conditioned air that was circulating inside the passenger cabins, with a soft taste of humidity on her lips, traveling down all the way into her lungs as she took the breath in.

Her ear wake up quickly afterwards, picking up the yawning, sneezing, and breathing, of the nearby Guardian trainees, who have also begun to wake up. She could also hear a few Guardian trainees, groaning with annoyance, obviously wanting more sleep. Even though she hasn't had a single Guardian training session, she figured that these ones would probably not do as well as the others. Complacency is one of the many things a Guardian is not allowed to have.

Runa stood up slowly, stretching her arms and legs as she yawned loudly. She had her armor on, wearing it rather tightly. She didn't really know the procedure behind these trips, so she figured to just keep everything for herself. She doesn't know what they're gonna do with her trusty weapon, Comet Slasher, though. She saw some of them take it into a storage box and transport it elsewhere. Runa really hopes they don't do anything bad with Comet Slasher. Her father's friend forged it for her, seeing as he personally made quite a few weapons for previous Guardians in his time.

As Runa makes her way out to the ship's deck, passing by an anxious fox Incruscan, she spots the cargo door that leads to the cargo hold downstairs opened, and from it, a giant came out. Well, technically, she's not that big, just twice a human's size, which is, to say, small compared to other members of the Giant species.

Curious, Runa made her way to the Giant. This is the first Giant she's seen in her entire life. She's heard stories of how Giants are evil, and they kill people who wander too far into the forests and swamps, but she's never taken those stories to heart. She's very interested in Giants, actually.

The ship swayed ever so slightly as Runa walked up behind the Giant, and did a double-take of herself, making sure her "first impression" goes smoothly. She takes a deep breath, inhaling the humid, salty air of the seas, before tapping slightly on the Giant girl's right calf, just right below her buttocks. She felt a bit shy about that, but she was only so tall, and anywhere else would've been awkward to knock on. She said confidently to the Giant girl.

"Hi there. I'm Runa. What's your name?"

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Epiphany Epiphany

Karis stared at the ceiling of his sleep chamber, he looked mildly confused. It was a strange feeling to have slept so long, and Kris ruminated about how much time he'd wasted as he rose groggily to his feet and surveyed his surroundings. Most of his fellow travelers were either barely awoken or were further down the queue, but Karis did notice another who had arisen just before he did. She was a small thing, who glanced fitfully about the cabin. That's right we're shipboard. He thought to himself. Karis had never seen one such as her, whom had canine like features though largely being human. He searched his memory for information regarding such beings, ultimately cursing the fact that he'd never learned anything beyond battle tactics. He nodded and offered a slight smile to the stranger before making his way to the weather-decks, bidding the attendants thanks as he passed.

Once in view of the sky, Karis shielded his eyes against the sun's harsh assault. He waited for his eyes to adjust and slowly began taking in the view of the grand harbor that the ship was berthed at, he also marveled at the massive individual who'd also ventured topside. Never before had Karis seen someone larger than he, and by such a great margin at that. Not wanting to be rude, and interrupt her conversation, Karis quickly returned his gaze to the harbor, wondering what manner of trials awaited him there.

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Kabboom Kabboom Epiphany Epiphany

Aarus Stasiva
As the sleeping magic lost its effect, the young man's eyelids opened, revealing the iconic amber eyes of Northerners. Aarus took a deep breath, and choked on his first taste of humid, oceanic air. The humidity might've been somewhat decreased or cleansed by magic, but the feeling was still too strong for someone who was too used to the frosty air of the North. He coughed as he looked around the passenger cabins. Other trainees have woken up from their slumber, as the sleeping magic wore off. He wondered how far they must have traveled. The man raised his right hand, touching his forehead as he felt droplets of sweat on it, and his heart dropped almost immediately.

"Ah yes . . . They took her . . ." - Aarus sighed in relief. He doubted the necessity of taking away Rose from him, but he dared not to question those men. He then wondered if it was alright to call the Cleargem 'Rose' in front of his peers, and future comrades. 'Well, I'm sure it won't be so awkward, or anything.' - He figured, perhaps, hoped.

The man finally stood up slowly, and summoned a small ball of cold wind in his right hand. He figured he might not have been able to reach the harbour in such humidity and heat without getting a heat stroke, or collapsing. He began making his way across the cabin and towards the stairs that led to the ship's deck. He offered friendly smiles to his soon-to-be comrades on the way, first impression is important - he figured as much. While some returned smiles at him, others had rather annoyed looks on their face. Must've been the after-effects of sleeping magic, they were just tired due to the long sleep and the travel, he hoped. Surely it wasn't anything about him, right?

The young man soon spotted a fox Incruscan. It wasn't that hard for him, after all, she was the only Incruscan in this cabin, as far as he saw. Aarus remembered reading about the Incruscans in the books from the archives. Fascinating people, he thought, and here he saw a very real Incruscan too, not sketches in a dusty book. As he approached her, the man noticed that she had a rather small appearance, and anxious looks, judging by her ears and facial expressions. Eventually, he came close enough to hear her muttering.

"Where's my staff...?" - She said, as her eyes scanned across the room.

Aarus took a deep breath as he walked up to her, wearing his best friendly smile, hoping his 'first contact' with an Incruscan goes smoothly enough.

"Hi there. It seems your staff is taken as well. Don't worry, we got our gear taken too, but I'm sure they'll give them back when we get there!"

He paused, as his bright, amber eyes tried their best not to break eye contact to her ears.

"Anyway, I'm Aarus. What's your name?"

Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7

Last edited by a moderator:
Alora seemed surprised to see so many individuals speak or look at her so kindly. The last time she had even walked into a village of humans, she had rocks thrown at her. And though this calmed her nerves some, she still worried, hoping their emotions didn't change toward her as soon as they received their weapons back. She watched as some of the crew and candidates walked past her to head to the deck. She tried her best to not look any of them in the eyes as they passed her by, she didn't want to cause any unnecessary trouble, definitely, not in a confined place like this, and without her staff she'd have little chance.

Aloralet out a soft sigh as her ears twitched a bit as she heard another pair of footsteps coming toward her. She assumed they would just walk past her but when the sound of footsteps stopped right beside her she could feel her anxiety grow. She couldn't help but take a small step back as she looked up at a man much taller than her. She could feel her heart begin to race again, but after hearing the man's tone toward her, and seeing that he didn't want to cause any harm she calmed and took a soft breath of relief. "I'm Alora." Alora tried her best not to sound too nervious or stutter as she spoke. "It's nice to meet you Aarus." She smiled shyly, trying to hide her anxiety.

Trappy Trappy

Will woke up right on schedule, his eyes opening with strange, uncanny liveliness to them before they settled into the trademark glare he always had on when not dealing with anything important. He was almost amazed at how smooth the trip had been; he had an inkling as to what was going on outside the ship as they sailed and yet none of that seemed to hinder their vessel as the journey was almost impossibly smooth; as if they sailed a rather large, rather shallow lake than the open unforgiving oceans.

There was no use remaining in the barren room, from the beginning he was quite ready to disembark at a moment's notice, and so he exited his chambers walking with purpose as he made his way towards the deck. He was combat ready when he woke, unhindered by the pops and creaks the body often rings with when forced to do work right after slumber, as he strode forth with the confidence and ease of a trained fighter. He didn't flinch from the sight of the Incruscan, or the Giant, or the people around them trying to spark conversation. In fact, he paid them no heed as he made his way to the edge of the deck, closest to the port.

His eyes were towards the horizon, at least picking up what he could as he stared out into the vast land that they would soon be forced to tread. The bay itself looked threatening from what he could see, and he could only patiently wait for what was to come.

DAMIEN

Damien would arise from his bed, yawning. " That nap was fantastic! " Forgetting that what had put him to sleep was a magic, Damien wandered around his room entirely energized. " I feel like I slept for hours! " It'd been a lot longer than a few hours, though. He'd prance around the rooms, feeling as awake as he had in years. Jabbing and kicking in the air, Damien was up for a fight after his fulfilling 'nap.' He'd inspect his location, noticing that where he was wasn't where he thought he was. " When did I get on this ship... " He'd think back, not remembering. " Did I get kidnapped!? " No way. There was no way he was would've gotten kidnapped. He'd continue to think, almost entirely forgetting until he'd hit his head against the wall. He'd stare at the wall, thinking he'd seen an indentation of some sort. Inspecting the wall for some time, he noticed that the indentation looks strangely familiar. After several seconds of intense staring, his brain finally clicked. There was nothing ACTUALLY on the wall, but that was where he'd have kept his gauntlets if he had of been at home. " I guess I'm on the ship going towards the Isle of Hope, then. " He said, his spirits as level as they usually would be. 'I'm going to be a Guardian...' Now that bolstered his spirits. His vision still adjusting from hitting his head minutes after waking up from weeks of sleeping, Damien began his conquest to meet the other future Guardians that were on the ship.

He'd leave his room, walking towards the ship deck. " I wonder what sort of characters I'll meet! " He said excitedly. His entire life the only type of people he knew were stuck up nobility and Steele, so he had no idea how to react when meeting ACTUAL new people. He wasn't phased, though, as he faced every situation with the up-most confidence. He'd finally reach the ship deck, but just before stepping out onto it he knocked his fists together as he would do if he were wearing his gauntlets. " Let's get this party started. "

Finally walking out on to the ship deck, his eyes burned at the first touch of sunlight in weeks. He covered his eyes, averting his vision towards the floor. " Gah! This burns, damn it! " He counted to three before looking directly towards the sun, forcing his eyes to stay open by using his fingers to hold his eyelids in place. After several seconds of excruciating pain from staring into blistering inferno, Damien's eyes were accustomed to the sun. 'Good thing I spent all those years training near fire, or else that stare at the sun wouldn't destroyed my- GOD DAMN IT! The after-effects of staring into the sun were taking place. A slow and agonizing burn took the place of the previously tingly sensation that had been the other 'burning sensation.' This is gonna take awhile...

After his eyes finally stopped burning, Damien faced the crowd of people standing out on the deck. The average person would have been slightly nervous, but his nerves didn't effect him. This was because something he'd had drilled into his life from a young age to always adhere to was that 'you always stay level-headed, no matter the situation.' That, and the fact that he didn't care. His laid-back personality welcomed all kinds of new people and new experiences. He'd approach the group; the giant woman, the man and th- the GIANT WOMAN?! Holy cow! He'd never seen a giant before, and had always wanted to meet one in person. Especially one as striking as this one. He approached the giant, ignoring the other two. " Hello there, madam. I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you were from a distance. My names' Damien, " he'd say, winking at her " and it's nice to meet you. My weaponry has also been taken, which is sad, but the weaponry that is my adoration for you will remain forever. "

Epiphany Epiphany

Last edited:
Aymeline

With the wind in her light pink hair, the Giant reveals in the open air and freedom of the top deck. Given her size, she's remained standing so she can stay as out of the way as possible. Dressed in a pair of tan slacks and a purple shirt, she might look like any simple laborer or off-duty warrior if not for standing over everyone. No weapons or armor, other than those being shipped with her, arms and armament she'd never really used before as they belonged to previous Giant Guardians who'd fallen in battle years ago.

As with every new arrival on deck, Aymeline spotted Runa who didn't look like one of the crew and so gave the woman a friendly wave and a "hello there". Her pale red eyes widen slightly when the other woman approaches her, though. Right up until the touch on her thigh, she seems incredulous to be approached openly by a human.

"Hi there. I'm Runa. What's your name?"

A look of unfeigned delight crosses the Giant's features and she crouches down, dropping to plant one knee on the deck before sitting back on that leg. It puts the two women at eye-level. "Hi there! My name is Aymeline." The Giant's voice is surprisingly light and not much louder than a human woman's might be, though it's probably her trying to be quiet. Looking briefly awkward as she realizes she has no practice at small talk, Aymeline adds "I hope you slept well? We'll be at the Isle soon. Are you excited too?"

Karis' arrival on deck draws Aymeline's brief attention and she offers him the same greeting she does to anyone obviously a passenger. Unlike the rest of the Guardian trainees, she hadn't been housed with them owing to her size so for her, their arrival on deck was her first introduction to any of them. The tall human seemed obviously a warrior, judging by his musculature and steady bearing. So she drops her hand a second later and shyly turns back to Runa.

And likewise, Will's arrival receives a friendly wave but his disinterest doesn't surprise her and she certainly doesn't press the point. Like Karis, he seems another warrior and such had little to do with her tribe.

Then, Damien descends upon her like one of those waves of the ocean and completely overwhelms the shy Giant. Aymeline's wine-colored eyes grow wide as his compliments fall across her ears. Then she blushes. If blushing is noticeable on a light-complexioned woman, how much more noticeable it is on that wider face. Rolled back on one leg so that she's sitting on the deck, Aymeline's head is a bit lower than Damien's, allowing her pink hair to partially obscure her face when she tilts it downward, trying to hide the instant reaction.

"I'm Aymeline," she answers him, her soft, high voice a bit lower and huskier. "It's nice to meet you too. Though I'm...I've no idea what I've done to merit your adoration."

Terrible first impression! But what else can she do? No human's ever talked to her like that!

Kabboom Kabboom Britalianese Britalianese
Mentioned: Sludgemouth Sludgemouth BearBearBear BearBearBear

Runa

As the Giant girl responds to her, Runa puffs her chest out, in an attempt to make herself look confident or courageous. But honestly, the scale of the girl was starting to get to her nerves. She kinda understands why her people do not take too kindly to these Giants. They are kind, but their size is very... menacing. Especially up close.

Seeing the face of pure joy on the Giant girl, who had just introduced herself as Aymeline, Runa smiled back a bit, taking in her features as she sat herself down to eye level. Plain clothes, with tan slacks and a purple shirt, which suits her hair color. Runa wonders if the hair color is a dye or a real genetic color.

"Oh, yes, I'm really excited. It's my first time. I suppose it's yours too? Where are you from..." Runa's question was cut short, when a rude young gentleman butted into the conversation, complimenting Aymeline on her looks with a rather cheesy pick-up line. Runa looked at him, a bit puzzled due to his abrupt entrance, but then scoffed at his pick-up line. 'No one's gonna fall for that...'

'...Except her.' Runa thought, surprised, as the Giant girl blushed shyly. 'She's probably not had much interaction with humans, which is understandable,' Runa thought. She then turned to the guy, who has identified himself as Damien, and spoke to him in a rather awkward manner, seeing as her conversation was interrupted at record time.

"Um, excuse me...?" Was all she managed.

Britalianese Britalianese Epiphany Epiphany

Karis couldn't help but listen to the others as they talked as if studying them, he hoped to learn how to talk to people about things that didn't pertain to violence. His impartial observation however faltered at the short exchange between two of his fellow trainees, he snorted as he failed to suppress his mirth, placing a hand over his mouth in order to hide his smile. It seemed that there was much to learn from his classmates. He also took advantage of the gap in conversation to curtly return the great woman's greeting in kind.

"
Karis." He said, his vernacular as plain as the rations he'd eaten during his previous training.

These people are going to be classmates of mine, aren't they? Karis ruminated thoughtfully on the possibility of being a part of a unit, and there seemed to be people who made him feel less strange and apart from the norm, it was a nice consideration.

waved back Epiphany Epiphany
laughing Kabboom Kabboom & Britalianese Britalianese

Last edited:
Aarus Stasiva
The young man chuckled at her response, but immediately held it back, not wanting to risk ruining his first conversation with one of his peers. Clearly, she was anxious, though she did put up a good attempt at hiding it, but Aarus saw it. "It's alright." -He smiled- "Surely these chaps are reasonable enough. I'm sure no one here is going to pick on you for being an Incruscan." He paused, before lower his voice to keep it between the two. "It's not allowed here, discrimination."

He looked around, at the other trainees. Yes, they are good chaps aren't they? Surely . . . - He thought, hoping his assumption was correct. The man quickly turned back to his Incruscan peer, and somehow his sight landed at her ears. God knows how much he'd been through, resisting the urge to reach out his hands and touch them. That would've been reasonably rude, he figured.

Aarus quickly turned around for a quick cough. The air inside the cabin wasn't doing him any good, evidently. Some fresh air would probably help. The man turned for the stairs towards the deck, his fingers playing with the little ball of cold air in his right hand, but not before inviting Alora to join him.

"You really are nervous, aren't you, fox girl? Maybe some fresh air could help. Conveniently, I'm heading up to the deck, it's reeking of humidity and boiling in here." -He paused.- "If you don't mind, perhaps we could head up together? Haven't seen the sea yet, have you?"

(Yes I know you're a red panda Incruscan xD This is intended.)

As Alora listened to Aarus she seemed to calm more. She took a deep breath as she spoke softly "I know it's not allowed here, but that doesn't stop some." She sighed thinking of her past experience around large groups of humans, showing that she did have some doubt about her peers all being peaceful with her. The thoughts began to run through her head, how were they gonna feel when they find out how she battled. Would they still respect her when they find out she can only be support?

Alora shook the thoughts from her head, not wanting to cause herself unnecessary anxiety. That will be a problem she would have to get through later. Alora's attention was brought back to Aarus when he coughed. I was a bit dusty and muggy down below deck. She watched as he turned away from her to go for the stairs to head up. As he spoke again one word seemed to strike a nerve for Alora. Fox.... That was the only word that seemed to stick with her out of everything Aarus had said. She was no lousy fox, how dare he compare her to such a mischievous, deceiving, untrustful, low-life of an animal!

All of Alora's anxiety seemed to completely disappear as she tried to bite her tongue to keep her from saying some nasty and dark words toward Aarus. The fur on her tail and ears seemed to brush up and stand on end as she clenched her hands into small, tight fists. She let out a low growl and pushed her way past Aarus going up the stairs to the deck to get some fresh air before she ended up getting in an unneeded conflict. On her way past Aarus, she mumbled to herself. "I'm not a damn fox..."

Trappy Trappy

Saanvi Badal
A dull commotion coming from down below roused Saanvi from her trance. She had been the first one on the ship to awaken, which was hours ago now, and fled to atop the Foremast to escape the roar of chatter that would soon begin and take in the vast expanse of ocean surrouding the ship. Saanvi glanced down, the white masts billowing like clouds around her, waving in and out of her view of the deck. The small group was little more than a rag-tag team of misfits. There was a giant, knelt down to converse with the few humans that wished to view such the strange creature. Saanvi scoffed. She was sure the humans were so interested in befriending the creature they forced into slavery. Across from them was another Icruscan. Saanvi perked her ears in interest, but soon regained her usual look of irritation as she listened in on the thoughts of the red panda and the man beside her.. "Pathetic," thought Saanvi. The Icruscan below held no dignity, no fearlessness. Icruscans like that brought nothing but dishonor to their species. And the man! If he even thought about groping Saanvi's velvety ears with his sweaty palms, she'd bite his hand off from the wrist, and she'd know.

Saanvi was crouched atop the heighest horizontal post on the foremast, her feline feet balancing expertly on the small surface. She returned her gaze towards the water, allowing her thoughts to wander. This was her first time returning to the Isle of Hope. She had been shipped away when she was first collected to a Guardian combat camp. She passed at the top of the class, and was now returning to the Isle of Hope to work on her powers. Her tail flicked from side to side, dancing along with the breeze whenever it picked up. Despite being feline in nature -She had no idea what creature she contained the genes of- Saanvi quite enjoyed the ocean. It was a drastic change of scenery compared to the endless expanse of sand she had grown up in. The air of the ocean was cool, like a wet cloth constantly dabbing at her skin, salting it with the ocean spray. The sound of rolling waves lapping at the ship beat sticky silence, or the eerie cry of the desert anyday. Home wasn't a good place for her. Home was pain, pain she never asked for, pain she never deserved. It was a bad dream she never wanted to relive again, yet in some ways she knew she did. Saanvi cast the disturbing thoughts from her head with a flick of her ears. Seagulls cried overhead, a sign that they were nearing their destination. The ship rolls into the bay. This temporary paradise was becoming so temporary. Saanvi wished she could stay here forever, just listening to the waves, the birds, the wind, just without the passengers below her.

@People_who_look_up

DM

As the ship further enters the bay, with obscure, simple environmental features becoming clearer and more defined as the distance is shortened, its Light engine emits a constant sputtering sound, high in frequency, as the gaps between the sounds become slow enough for the passengers' ears to comprehend.

A stone-faced captain, one wearing his cap slightly tilted to the right, the rims resting on his heavily deformed ear, picks up a broadcasting device, wired to an array of speakers linked with Light energy. His hoarse voice rings out, with a certain shift to his intonation that is the telltale sign of too many alcoholic drinks, an announcement.

"All passengers, guards and crewmen, we are preparing to dock. Estimated 3 minutes till harbor. Passengers prepare portboard, while guards move to Docking Phase. Captain Algrim out."

During the announcement, the ship slows down, as standard procedure when approaching the Isle of Hope. As such, the waves begin to take effect on the ship, and the usual shift and swaying of ships at sea return abruptly to the passengers and crew.

Runa

As they spoke, the ship begins to wobble and sway from the waves, and Runa could hear the engine, sputtering, as it slows down. The swaying becomes slightly unbearable, and she grabs onto a nearby railing, a slight feeling of sickness arising in her stomach. She lived her entire life so far in the mainland, and had little experience with the waves.

She looked around, and the other trainees had similar reactions as well, with only a few staying firm, either being from a coastal settlement prior to their discovery as Guardians, or it is part of their Guardian powers.

Shagranoz Shagranoz Sludgemouth Sludgemouth BearBearBear BearBearBear rennuelaw rennuelaw Trappy Trappy Angelofwishes7 Angelofwishes7 Epiphany Epiphany Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

"It's about time." Will nodded to himself, his strings allowing him more stability than most and rendering him unaffected by the stuttering stop of the craft.

In truth, he was bored, and boredom was never something he dealt with very well considering his penchant to tinker, sew, and generally keep his hands busy. He had given up surveying the area, seeing as he couldn't really see much of anything except for the obvious. He noticed something like a shadow on the deck, but then again it was small which meant that whatever manner of creature that cast it was either much too high or too small for him to clearly see, so he gave up on that too. He supposed that he could have joined in the conversation between the humans, a giantess, and the Icruscan but he supposed that it wasn't to be since the ship had come to a halt before he could make a decision on them. The group itself seemed somewhat... unhinged anyway, all having peculiarities he would rather deal with later rather than sooner.

Without a second though, he decided to deal with that bridge when he had to cross it and joined the first of the crowd in moving towards where they will be disembarking. That was a source of mild relief for him, that there were some who were ready enough to respond to the announcement of the captain, albeit his apparent drunkenness.

@Anyone_who_wants_to_get_off_the_ship

Brynn

While Brynn did awaken in a timely manner just like all of the other Guardian recruits, she did not leave the Guardian chambers nearly as quickly simply because she was not sure she was allowed to. It was difficult for her because generally she was in motion from sun up to sun down so loitering around in the room where she had awoken was leaving her feeling a bit out of sorts and restless. Eventually she decided to cautiously have a look around and seeing that the other Guardian trainees had already left and went on deck, she felt a tinge of anxiety at the thought that maybe she was late.

Drawing the hood of the beige cloak she wore over her head to cover her light brown hair, slightly pointed ears, and obscure her tattooed face, Brynn worked up the nerve to venture out onto the deck. With eyes that seemed to start as the color brown around the pupils, blending into a green shade, followed by blue before the ring around the irises became a darker shade of blue, she peered out on the deck, a nervous hand holding her hood to shade her face as she took relief in seeing that there were indeed still people aboard the vessel. That relief was short lived, however, as the Captain's voice rang out over the ship's light powered com system.

With a frown, Brynn moved quickly from where she was hidden, keeping her head low and eyes to the ground as the soft brown leather boots that adorned her feet carried her to the stern of the ship rather than the bow. While she was not uninterested in where they were going, she had never seen the sea before and wanted to at least try and get a glimpse of it before they docked. She moved like a thief in the night, trying not to draw any attention, as she had been taught to do her whole life.

The open water was becoming obscured by the jagged rocks on the sides of the bay as they drew further and further into port, which was a slight disappointment to Brynn and she was a bit frustrated that she had waited so long to venture out, trying to remind herself that this wasn't the inn and she couldn't recall anyone explicitly telling her that she couldn't leave the chambers once she woke. She tried not to dwell on that and just committed what she could see of the sea to her memory, staying as long as she could before she quietly joined the rest of the recruits as they prepared to disembark, always to the rear and always with her eyes to the ground.

Aymeline

The gradual change in the Light engine's pitch draws the Giant's attention, then her gaze returns to the horizon. Despite her earlier embarrassment, that look of wonder once more returns to those broad features.

"Oh yes, it's my first time too," Aymeline answers, suddenly switching back to Runa. "Not many of us ever come here so there's barely a story of what it's like. This is all very new for me. I'm from the foothills of the Bindes Mountains, long way from here. Where are you from?"

"All passengers, guards and crewmen, we are preparing to dock. Estimated 3 minutes till harbor. Passengers prepare portboard, while guards move to Docking Phase. Captain Algrim out."

The booming voice of the captain heralds the sudden change in the boat's smooth gait. Despite her size, even Aymeline finds she has to steady herself by bracing one hand against the deck. Then a second hand. A rather surprised expression comes over her.

"I don't feel well," she observes and looks to be entirely confused as to why. "It's very sudden. Is this place poisonous?" It couldn't be more obvious that the Giant's people, for fairly obvious reasons, don't have much nautical lore to share either.

Kabboom Kabboom

As the craft began to rock more heavily, Karis grabbed hold of a nearby peice of rigging and dropped down to sit on his haunches. This tactic was moderately successful until a particularly sharp list brought him very suddenly to a seated position. Karis was content to just there on the deck until the ship docked, watching the others go through their various stages of sea sickness. "I brought saltines... they're probably stale though." Karis said in his usual detached tone as he rummaged through his pockets.

Saanvi Badal
The sounding of the captain marked the end of Saanvi's peaceful solitude. With one last longing look at the cerulean water Saanvi made her way down the foremast, leaping from post to post. Her clawed hands scratched blemishes into the wood as she went. As she neared the bottom the once dull humm of chatter she tried so hard to block out just moments ago became louder, more audible. Saanvi's ears folded back, pressing aginst her thick mass of hair. Saanvi had little interest in the noise that filled the deck, but a specific question asked by a small Giant roused an answer from her lips. Saanvi's feet landed upon the deck with a soft thud before she rose to her full height, her back towards the Giant and the people surrounding the large creature. "It's called seasickness," Saanvi commented as she walked away, approaching the loading off point. If Saanvi felt sick she wasn't showing it. Her hands fumbled through her long hair, pulling it over her shoulder and seperating it into three sections before intertwining them. After a few minutes the braid was done, and she tied it off with a white ribbon.

Now that Saanvi was among the others she could view her peers thoroughly. Her interests were peaked most by the shrouded figure that slinked around, almost as nimbly as a cat. Saanvi allowed herself a small venture inside the figure's head, only far enough to understand that the figure was a girl who wished she had come out sooner to look at the ocean. Saanvi could relate to the girl's wish. The ocean was beautiful, and when Saanvi first traveled by boat she stayed at the railing, peering down into the water until her eyes could no longer stay open. "Try climbing up the masts next time," Saanvi advised, glancing at the hooded figure momentarily.

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Epiphany Epiphany

Brynn

The increased rocking of the ship as it slowed and began to be affected by the movement of the waves startled Brynn at first and she found herself separating her feet slightly to gain better footing. A surprised expression crossed over her features, the look caused by the fact that she had never before been on a ship and wasn't entirely sure if this was normal. She risked a glimpse out from beneath her hood, quickly looking over the other passengers and crew to see how they reacted. They all looked like this was relatively normal so Brynn lowered her hood again and breathed a sigh of relief.

Her relief was short lived as she heard a voice nearby and visibly tensed up beneath the thick fabric of the cloak which otherwise concealed her figure. Her head tilted slightly as she ventured another peek from beneath the hood, if only to see if the person speaking was actually speaking to her. She flinched when her gaze accidentally caught the unusual feline like creature's and quickly averted her eyes, only nodding her head beneath her cloak before one of her arms, covered by the puffy cream colored fabric of her blouse, slipped from the cloak and swept across her brow, removing the sweat droplets that had formed there due to the humidity of the area as well as the sun beaming down on them all.

She stayed still and silent for a few moments before another shift of her hood was given and she subtly peered at the woman that had spoken to her. She was very curious. She had never heard of such a being her whole life, let alone had she seen one. Not only that, but she wondered why the woman would say what she had when Brynn hadn't even spoken a word to anyone since she woke. Of course she didn't want to be caught watching the feline-esque lady but couldn't bring herself to ask exactly what she was because that would be rude, so again she lowered her head, placing her gaze back on the wooden planks of the deck.

Nephalem Nephalem

Aarus Stasiva
Aarus rushed right after the Incruscan as she stumbled up the stairs to the deck. The man was troubled. One tiny mistake and this whole 'first-impression' was going right down. But on second thought, perhaps it wasn't worth it. He wondered if it was necessary to go after the Incruscan and look up some smart apology. For after all, she was but an Incruscan, a mere inferior minority in the Kingdom. They've gotten used to being treated harshly anyway. Then again, having some bonds was something he'd always wished for, a dream seemingly unachievable at points, especially now, far away from the dark, quiet corners of the archives, some social bonds might've actually done him more good than harm. Incruscan or no, she was going to be his comrade.

So he dashed up the small stairs after her, before the ship increasingly rocked, forcing the young man down the hard, cold stairs. His right hand, imbued with the North's cold wind, accidentally landed on something soft. The ball of air vanishes almost instantly on contact with the said object, but even that wasn't as quick as Aarus regaining stability on his feet. It was her tail that his hand landed on.

"Oh . . . Sorry . . ." - He awkwardly said, unable to find a better line in such an awkward, yet emergency situation. Inside, he hoped that did not irritate her even more, for obviously, that would bring him in a much worse position.

"All passengers, guards and crewmen, we are preparing to dock. Estimated 3 minutes till harbor. Passengers prepare portboard, while guards move to Docking Phase. Captain Algrim out." - Said the captain of the ship, in his croaky voice. So here they were, preparing to dock at Isle of Hope. Aarus took a quick look around him. The trainees were preparing themselves, before rushing onto the deck. So far, no one seemed like staying on this ship any longer. As for Aarus, he was drafted. If anything, he considered himself more of a self-taught scholar, a sorcerer than a Guardian with unique powers. He was not sure of his goal, or intentions, nor has he given much attention and care for the Guardian's cause: saving the Kingdom and all that.

"It seems we're going to dock soon, let's head there."
- Aarus turned back to the Incruscan. "And I'm very sorry for . . . uh . . . the incidents here and there . . . That was just terribly rude of me."

DAMIEN

" What you've done to deserve my adoration...? Mademoiselle... your simple existence is more than enough to draw all of my attention. " Damien would say that, but his attention was elsewhere. He'd begun to notice that the gathering of beings around him had grown considerably larger than it previously was. Studying the array of facing, he slowly wandered away from the giant girl. He'd been walking without noticing he was walking, and when he'd noticed he didn't stop himself. He'd jump atop a railing, getting a better view of all of the Guardians-in-training that stood before him. " Wow... I've never seen this many people before... " at least, not this many that weren't sucking up to him due to his nobility. He'd hook his feet onto the railing, letting himself fall backwards. He'd fall until his body was vertical with the ship. He'd reach his hand down, allowing it to coast in the water. " This is heaven... no stress, no responsibility... just floating along in the forever changing tides of the ocean. " He'd wish he could stay like this forever.

Being close to the rushing water, he'd not heard it, but somewhere in the distance someone had said:

He continued to sway back and forth with the gentle rock of the boat, allowing his mind to freely wander as he'd wanted it to. He'd nearly fallen asleep when he'd almost fell in. " Woah, there! " He'd hoist himself up, sitting upright on the railing, his body entirely relaxed. " I could sleep. " He'd exclaim, although he'd been sleeping for weeks. A lack of energy in his body, Damien wandered around the ship-deck, noticing people looking as if they were preparing to get off the boat. " Wait... what'd I miss? " He'd stumble back on over to the giant woman he'd been 'conversing' with earlier. " Mi amor, " He'd grab her hand, placing a kiss on it, " why does it seem as though people are preparing to leave? I was rather preoccupied and am now rather confused. "

As he concluded his statement, a sudden sick feeling would come over him. He'd hold his stomach, but it wouldn't effect him much. He was used to foreign sicknesses due to assassination attempts - all of which failed - so this was just like a slight flu. " What an uncomfortable feeling... "
Epiphany Epiphany

Users who are viewing this thread

Back