Other Venting Thread

ZuzuChan95

Still here
I'm just here to vent. No one has reply to this I just need to get things off my chest.

So I've been dealing with this now ex rp partner who ends up controling my character. I was too afraid to say anything since they had got upset with me in the past for little things. This time around they decided to complain that my character was too much of a damsel in distress so I sort of lashed out at them. I'll be the first to say I could have handled things differently but hear me out. When my character would do an action to their character this person would basically say "no your character actually doesn't do that." It be different if we planned these sort of things ahead of time but they decided that my character can't do the thing that could help their character. I'm upset because they are controlling my character and didn't like that my character was getting upset at themselves. Of course my character is going to feel useless if they can't do anything. I'm trying to write someone who feels human and not a perfect character. Now they think I'm mad cause somehow they believe I think they write this character wrong. The issue isn't that. My issue is that they are not letting my character be able to do anything which makes them useless in the rp. Also I stop messaging them but they keep sending me messages.

I know that you said that you didn't want any responses, but I couldn't help myself. This is a tricky situation to be and this ex-Roleplay partner sounds incredibly abusive towards you. You should definitely block and/or report them on whatever platform you're using and try to move on. You don't want to be writing with someone who wants to control your character anyway. It sounds like an unpleasant experience and the fact that they won't leave you be says it all.

You should cut your losses and find a writing buddy who will treat you better. Best of luck to you and I hope it all pans out.

I know that you said that you didn't want any responses, but I couldn't help myself. This is a tricky situation to be and this ex-Roleplay partner sounds incredibly abusive towards you. You should definitely block and/or report them on whatever platform you're using and try to move on. You don't want to be writing with someone who wants to control your character anyway. It sounds like an unpleasant experience and the fact that they won't leave you be says it all.

You should cut your losses and find a writing buddy who will treat you better. Best of luck to you and I hope it all pans out.
Thank you for this. I'm already moving on with this situation and finding better rp partners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back