Other VENT

Can I just...y’know...rant here for a good few minutes? Okay cool.

I used to have a lot of friends off site (specifically on Discord). Not all of them were RP friends, in fact, most of them were mental health support peers. Well, one day I wound up getting involved in some drama with one of my “friends” in the mental health community. I decided to step up and be the bigger person, y’know? Apologize, own up to my part in it, and all that. What I get in return is a massive guilt trip and suddenly over the past few days every single one of our mutual friends who I used to be really good friends with were starting to low-key try to cause drama with me. They would pick on me for literally no reason and then play the victim over it.

It got so bad I made a new discord account and gave it to one person (who I know won’t rat me out because they hate that group too) and basically ghosted my entire group of Discord “friends”. I know it may sound like a petty thing to do but after all of the bullying I was put through after one stupid fight with someone, I had had enough.

Can I just...y’know...rant here for a good few minutes? Okay cool.

I used to have a lot of friends off site (specifically on Discord). Not all of them were RP friends, in fact, most of them were mental health support peers. Well, one day I wound up getting involved in some drama with one of my “friends” in the mental health community. I decided to step up and be the bigger person, y’know? Apologize, own up to my part in it, and all that. What I get in return is a massive guilt trip and suddenly over the past few days every single one of our mutual friends who I used to be really good friends with were starting to low-key try to cause drama with me. They would pick on me for literally no reason and then play the victim over it.

It got so bad I made a new discord account and gave it to one person (who I know won’t rat me out because they hate that group too) and basically ghosted my entire group of Discord “friends”. I know it may sound like a petty thing to do but after all of the bullying I was put through after one stupid fight with someone, I had had enough.
Don't fret, cowards get their own smiting eventually.
I am sorry you have had to suffer it. But your character is also better from it. Therefore, you are upon the higher ground.

Don't fret, cowards get their own smiting eventually.
I am sorry you have had to suffer it. But your character is also better from it. Therefore, you are upon the higher ground.
Yeah, I like to think that I did the best I could in the situation, and if it blew up in my face, that’s not my problem nor my fault. So I’m trying to be optimistic about it despite the fact that 99% of my friends were part of those select few servers that I wound up ghosting.

There was someone who I had started a Far Cry 5 RP with on discord in 2019, around when Joker came out, we didn’t get very far before they decided we weren’t a good fit for each other and we went our separate ways. I can’t even remember what their username was now. Without going into too much detail, I honestly don’t think I was very good to them. I tried to joke when I shouldn’t have, and didn’t take the RP as serious as I think they wanted me to. I honestly wish I could just have a do-over so I could be a better RP partner for them. Or at least remember who they are so I can apologize.

Okay, going to vent away here, and really I'm just plastering it out there. I'm experiencing ageism/sexism and its kind of an ego blow. I get it, I'm older, I'm slower, I'm brewing a small human and that can be annoying. This is not a harp on the younger generation. It's a harp on ageism and its really messed up way it feeds off your soul. You can't escape it. Huge ego blow is I'm not even that old lmao But like suddenly now that I have graduated into getting grey hairs I'm less of a human? I'm "old" or like not as useful. Sorry my hearing is bad but I told you like five times buddy. I'm not ignoring you. I literally just can't hear you. I usually just roll with it but its kind of hitting me the past few months. I guess I just get tired. I feel like because of my age I have to work harder just to prove I can you know still do it. But its wearing. Like don't treat me less than because of my age or the size of my stomach. Like, treat me less than if I've done something to warrant it. I'm just literally existing. It kind of gets to me when role playing too. I can't post as often as I used to and I kind of hate that it comes off as disinterest of abandonment. It never is.
It's just like I'm working, brewing a small human and existing. And also am apparently very very old. <,<...

End Rant.

Okay, going to vent away here, and really I'm just plastering it out there. I'm experiencing ageism/sexism and its kind of an ego blow. I get it, I'm older, I'm slower, I'm brewing a small human and that can be annoying. This is not a harp on the younger generation. It's a harp on ageism and its really messed up way it feeds off your soul. You can't escape it. Huge ego blow is I'm not even that old lmao But like suddenly now that I have graduated into getting grey hairs I'm less of a human? I'm "old" or like not as useful. Sorry my hearing is bad but I told you like five times buddy. I'm not ignoring you. I literally just can't hear you. I usually just roll with it but its kind of hitting me the past few months. I guess I just get tired. I feel like because of my age I have to work harder just to prove I can you know still do it. But its wearing. Like don't treat me less than because of my age or the size of my stomach. Like, treat me less than if I've done something to warrant it. I'm just literally existing. It kind of gets to me when role playing too. I can't post as often as I used to and I kind of hate that it comes off as disinterest of abandonment. It never is.
It's just like I'm working, brewing a small human and existing. And also am apparently very very old. <,<...

End Rant.
*sends hugs*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back