Vengeance from the Heavens

Atlas would wipe his face with the towel, sending a nod towards Chad, before look towards the cheerleader that handed it to him. "Alright Atlas, you were taught this in 'school', time to work your magic. " Atlas said, before sending a smile towards her. "Thanks for the towel  Hun. Funny isn't it? Few years ago, I doubt anyone would so much as look at me, but now I am the center of attention.....Gotta say, if it's someone like you though, don't think I'd mind that much. " Atlas said to the cheerleader. It was subtle flirtation, but Atlas knew she'd catch his meaning.

@Enuky (Sorry it isn't much Dx I wrote this as I am just waking up.)

The cheerleader smiled sweetly to Atlas before digging into her gym bag for a scrap of paper. She wrote something on it and handed it to him. It was her cell phone number. Atlas would see her name scribbled across the top; it was Sarah. 

"I can't say I'd mind myself", she said with a wink. The cheerleader had blonde straight hair and blue eyes. She was a knock out. 

Then Chad began to speak again, "the football tryout results will be posted by this Friday", he told Atlas. "Be sure to check it out", he added with a nod.

The football player and cheerleaders then returned to practice. The weather was sunny again, and all seemed to have returned to normal. 

Later that night.

1:27 AM

Lovey was jolted awake suddenly, the forgotten bowl of popcorn was slung into the floor. The girl scanned the area in search of the cause of her being zapped awake. There seemed to be nothing out of place except for the flickering of the TV. The screen had switched to a gray block of static, and Lovey wasn't sure why the TV was out. 

It was then that Lovey sneezed. A small bolt of lightning shot from her nose and forward, where it collided into the wall. The lights began to flicker in her campus apartment, influenced in some way by the mysterious jolt of electricity. 

"Oww", she complained while bringing a hand to her nose. It burned. She realized then that she felt awful, and likely had come down with a cold. She decided the lightning must have been in her imagination, and was likely just a static shock. Lovey stood and glanced across the room to a small digital clock on the wall. It was late, she noticed. 

She sneezed again, this time sending a bolt of lightning into the window where it bounced off and it hit the ceiling. 

"What is happening?!" Lovey cried before sending another unruly bolt of lightning to thrash about the room. At this point, the electrical disturbance was affecting more than just Lovey's apartment. The power in all of the complex was flashing as if it had a mind of its own. 

The sneezing continued, and with every sneeze was a painful blast of lightning. Lovey was eventually drawn into her bathroom, where she sat crying by the tub in her frustration. The lightning bolts felt like static shocks, and Lovey's red hair was sticking almost straight up. 

The complex's power continued to flicker with her sneezes, likely disturbing other residents of the dorm. 

@Andraus

"Painful, isn't it?"

Likely startling her with a jolt, Atlas was standing there, a lockpick in his hand. "To cast lightning, but not control it...It seems that everything is out of your control lately. " Atlas said, getting hit by one himself, though showing no signs but a small wince.

He would then walk over, and place a hand over her nose, seemingly....unaffected by the bolts of lighting, but would speak up. "By the way.....ow. That hurts. "He said, referring to the lightning. Once she would pay attention, he was noticeably wincing. Atlas would then just stare into Lovey's eyes, moving his hand away. "Hmm....It's just as you said Lysander...There is someone here too." He said.

The figure would appear next to Atlas, crossing it's arms as it floated in front of him. The thing was? Lovey would be able to perfectly see Lysander. "Who it is, I cannot say.....yet. But if you wish for something from all this, now is the time." Lysander said, before fading away again.

Atlas would just look at Lovey, and smile. "My dear lovely Lovey...." He would just reach up a hand, and affectionately touched her cheek. "What a sad hand fate has dealt you....An entire school at your feet, and you lost it all.....More importantly, you lost it to rather Unfortunate circumstances, but we know the truth, don't we?.....Did you really deserve it?" He asked her, though internally he believed she did. It was all for show, he told himself. "More importantly.....what would you do, to have it all back?" Atlas said, before holding his hand out, it now glowing.

"How do you feel about....second chances?"

@Enuky (bum bum BUM!)

Lovey was too heavily crying to hear Atlas entering her dormitory apartment, but when a voice suddenly spoke out in the darkness she looked up. It was difficult to see through the fast flickering lights, but Lovey could tell that it was Atlas. 

"Get away from me", she first snapped at him before he put a hand over her nose, blocking the lightning bolts.

She listened to what he said with an angry expression before jumping to her own conclusions. "Wait a second! You! You're responsible for this, arent you?!" She growled, climbing carefully to her feet. Atlas continued to speak, and it was then the conversation took an unusual turn. 

Lovey noticed Atlas speak to a third person. She looked around d with a confused expression now, "Lysander? Who else is here?!" She demanded. 

It was then the ghostly apparition appeared before her. Loveys face went pale and she covered her eyes and screamed, believing it to be a ghost. 

"You're a freak! You don't know anything about me!" She yelled when it disappeared, now trying to slowly leave the room and get away from him. She sneezed again and several more times, which frustrated her even more.

She cried, "make it stop, just please make it stop and don't hurt me. I'll do whatever you want. Just please make it stop". Evidently Lovey was shaken by it all. The lights flickering, atlas, a ghost. She was staring into his mysterious glowing hand, but wasn't willing to touch it. 

@Andraus

Atlas would reach his hand out towards her face, before forcing something inside of her. The urge to sneeze was still there...but it was lessened. Suppressed. Enough to allow Lovey to actually listen. "Anything I want.....But what do you have to give? Money? I have. Popularity? I now have.....But, there is one thing you have left to give. "Atlas said. It was always said the quiet ones are the most dangerous. Now with power, purpose, and abilities that put him above others, Atlas didn't have to hide his demons anymore....he worked with them, letting each one convey his inner darkness.

"I don't want material things girl....I want submission." Atlas said, walking around her. 

"Your abilities.....they are natural for who you are.....for who we are....But you lack control....and your body is not strong enough to handle it...." Atlas said, before stopping another sneeze. "I can help you, you know.....I can train you how to control this, I can get back at the people that took your life away.....but most importantly? I can fix your back....But I will not do so until you are firmly under my grasp. I will not be manipulated any longer by you. " Atlas said, before standing. "Submit to me, girl, and I shall give you what your heart desires.....of course, if you don't want to, I am sure physical therapy will work....eventually." Atlas said, before walking towards the door.

He knew he gave her an offer she can't refuse. Atlas was just walking towards the door so that she could see he was serious about walking away.

@Enuky

Lovey found herself feeling more and more afraid of Atlas. She felt her skin begin to crawl as he toyed with the options of what he could want from her, and soon Lovey could see that it was more than a simple date Atlas wanted. 

My submission? She wondered as her mind raced around what all that could entail. She stared Atlas up and down. While she wanted to reject his promises and demand that he leave, she was now hesitant. Lovey couldn't forget the strange things she had just witnessed, and it seemed in that moment there was no telling what more Atlas was capable of. Would he really take no for an answer? Lovey was afraid.

Then he brought up her back. She didn't want to believe, she didn't want to... But, Atlas had already proven himself to have some strange talents. Her thoughts were scattered and she couldn't decide what to say, but then Atlas began to leave. 

Impulsively, Lovey stopped him. "No wait! I'll do it!" She said desperately, unsure of what she was getting herself into but desperate enough to agree. Or rather, too desperate to risk losing the opportunity to fix her back. 

@Andraus

Atlas just felt a smile creep on his face, as he turned and walked back to Lovey, taking her chin. "You're mine now, Lovey....But let it never be said I am not a man of my word. " Atlas said. He would then place a hand on Lovey's neck, as a lock appeared on the back of her neck, and a key on his hand. A small reminder to her who was in charge. Now, however, Lovey would feel that her urge to sneeze was.....utterly suppressed. Though it was still a small nagging feeling, it was one that could easily be scratched away. Atlas would stand, as he would pick up Lovey bridal style towards the bedroom.

Whatever thoughts were running through Lovey's mind would be stopped, as Atlas laid her down on her stomach.

Atlas would then place his hands on her back, and she would feel....a warm sensation, coursing through her back. She would feel as if something was....connecting back there, sliding back into place, flesh stitching together.....It just felt strange.

Where the hell did Atlas learn to do this?!

@Enuky

Lovey wasn't sure what Atlas did to her neck, but she would be sure to look it over as soon as she was alone again, whenever that would be. A tingling sensation lasted several seconds after he touched it with his hand. After lifting his hand, Lovey noticed her sneezes were suddenly gone, which once again made her wonder if Atlas had caused the whole thing. What a fool she was.

"Put me down", she complained when he picked her up, but Atlas only ignored her complaints and Lovey could do nothing about it. He laid her on the bed and she began to feel afraid again. She couldn't see what he was doing from where she was placed on her stomach, and Lovey closed her eyes while expecting something terrible. 

But them her back began to feel different. Something was changing inside of it and Lovey could feel it. So he could really heal her back, she thought, amazed and speechless by the miracle. She almost forgot about their agreement in her excitement , believing she could ditch Atlas as soon as they finish.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked him. 

@Andraus

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlas would stay quiet for moment, before moving his hands, speaking. "Like I said, I want submission....'As I giveth, I can taketh away'. Words normally said about god, but with my little 'mark' on you, it applies to you as well....Be a good girl, Lovey, listen to what I tell you, and I can give you things your heart could only wish for....." He said, before leaning over, whispering in her ear.

"Respect..." She would see people standing in awe of her, and anyone lesser staying out of her way, like it used to be.

"Power..." She was standing at the pinnacle of society- Head of a major corporation, painter of an entire gallery of art, whatever her heart yearned for.

"Fame..." Lovey's face on the cover of a top-selling magazine, everyone on every street corner knowing her name.

"Wealth..." The treasure of sunken Athenian Ships, the wealth of a City-state. More than she could ever know what to do with. 

All in a ball, offered to her. 

"Try to play smart, play stupid, or try to run? I can easily rip these gifts away, and leave you with nothing, giving to someone who is more....agreeable. " She said, before she would get a visage of how she was now- alone, disrespected, unfeared.....broken. "So do play along.....Because I intend to take you back to the top....and you shall be the instrument of my vengeance. Listen, and you'll get out without a scratch.....disobey, and It's a long way down..." He said, moving his hands away. His voice was cold, cutting....he could easily rip away what he had given her, and his voice made sure that she would fear that he could do so.

Lovey would now feel.....whole. More whole than she had been when she had fallen. If she would stand, she would notice one thing- She could stand. She could walk, run, and move without a cane...Though if she looked at the mirror, she'd be able to see the mark placed on her. Atlas would raise up his hand, the dark smile still on his face, as a tattoo of a key was on it.

He had Lovey Leashed now.

@Enuky

Lovey's eyes widened as Atlas vaguely elaborated to her his plan. What a creep, she was thinking about him, resisting the urge to back out. Finally, Atlas moved his hands away from her back and Lovey lifted herself to an upright position. She noticed she was able to do it on her own without any support. 

It was true. 

She stared up into Atlas's eyes for a moment where he was standing at her bedside. She hopped out of the bed, testing out her healed back. She couldn't believe it. She hadn't paid Atlas's final words much attention because her heart was soaring. Lovey bent down to touch her toes before at last she appeared convinced in her back.

She crossed the room to survey her backside in front of her dresser mirror. Her eyes trailed from her back up and rested at the marking on her neck. She touched it, and for a moment didn't speak. "This better come off", she said. 

She crossed her arms and returned to where Atlas was standing. They would just have to get this over with. She felt unsure and creeped out, but he healed her back and that's what matters right? This is Atlas. Lovey found herself thinking that perhaps his wishes would not interfere much with her life. She yawned, "well what now? If dating me is what you want, fine. But I have class in a few hours", she said. I'm grateful, but youre still a creep, she thought, hoping that she could get rid of him and get to sleep.

@Andraus

"Hmm....Tempting, but we'll keep that behind closed doors for now. " He said, knowing she'd get what he meant. He would then stand himself. He would then lift up his hand, as Lovey would just feel that familiar ting in her back, without support. It'd likely cause her to fall to her, though Atlas would catch her, and the pain would vanish. "A small taste of what I can do, should you choose to try and disobey me...." He said, before leaning over and whispering to her. "You're mine now, Lovey." He said, putting her down.

"Tomorrow, at six fifty, be at the abandoned warehouse on Ferguson Street. I will....elaborate more there. Maybe I'll even show you how to use that little lightning trick, without hurting yourself. "He said, before turning around and grinning. "Oh I am going to have so much fun teaching you how this works now....Be ready for your first lesson tomorrow....tata. "He said, before seemingly....vanishing.

What had our dear Lovey gotten herself into.

@Enuky

Seeing that Atlas wasn't interested in the title of Lovey's boyfriend was perhaps the first thing he said to make her understand the severity of his words. Now Lovey felt afraid again, wondering what he could possibly want from her. 

But what he did next was unquestionable. Atlas single handedly took away her back, right before her eyes. Lovey suddenly stumbled, and felt the pain of her broken back return. Luckily, Atlas didn't let her fall. He released her and Lovey stared at him with truly frightened eyes, although she said nothing. His acts were finally enough for lovey to believe. She stepped away from him. 

After giving her his instructions, Lovey lead him to the door, but Atlas vanished. She felt a rush of relief when he was gone. 

She closed the door and slid to the floor. He wanted her to visit an abandoned warehouse, while keeping this all a secret from others. Lovey couldn't help but feel uneasy. She didn't want to go, for the first time questioning her safety.

Soon Lovey returned to bed and the next morning all appeared as usual. She didn't see Atlas or speak to anyone about their encounter. She was showered in attention for her recovery, but she hadnt spoken personally with anyone about it. She really wanted to avoid the questions, and so Lovey was hurrying away from campus. It was already after 3 pm, and Lovey was desperately avoiding atlas. She was walking down a cobblestone sidewalk, carrying all of her books and happy to be able to do so. 

@Andraus 

Atlas was outside a small cafe, waiting to order proper food. He had eaten Greek-influenced food for so long, anything familiar would be welcomed by his taste buds. As luck would have it, Atlas looked up from his menu, and saw Lovey walking home. Testing the ability Lysander had given him, Atlas would place a finger on his marked hand. It would send a single word to Lovey.

"Stop."

Atlas wanted to toy with her a bit, but he had to remember Lysander's instruction- He had to train her, not break her....yet. That meant he had to show a little mercy from time to time. Still though, Atlas wasn't too keen on getting up, and Lovey was testing out her 'new' back, so Atlas intended on making her work for her mercy.

"Turn around....Come to where I am sitting." He said in her mind. Atlas would waiting, keeping the gaze on her.

@Enuky

Lovey felt the hairs on her neck stand up. She could have sworn she heard a voice instruct her to stop. She brushed it off and tried to keep going, but the voice persisted and as it spoke more Lovey could tell that it was Atlas.

How is he in my head? She was wondering, feeling a slight rush of panic as she looked around to try and spot him. Was he close enough to hear or was it rely in her head? 

She was about to decide that she had imagined it when she finally spotted Atlas sitting outside the campus coffee house. Her face became red and anxiety crept into her heart. But she obeyed. Lovey reluctantly approached the table, choosing to stand next to it rather than sit.

"What do you want?" She asked, trying her best to appear dismissive. 

@Andraus

Atlas's eyes would just flash, as he would give her a charming smile. A voice would speak in her head. "People from school are watching. Play along. " 

Atlas would then lean back. "Hello Lovey. I see the treatment worked well, didn't it? Told you, I learned a few....tricks back in Greece. " He said, before placing his head in one hand. This was merely for show, to add to the layer of mystery around him. "Glad I caught you. I was thinking of treating myself to a nice meal, on my first day back...and here you happen by. It would be wrong if a doctor didn't check up on his patient. " He said, gesturing for her to sit down. "Come now, sit. You'll make me feel impolite. " He said to her, the smile still on his face. He heard whispers from a couple other students, shocked to learn that he was the 'cause' of Lovey's back being healed. 

Rumors would start spreading about the 'miracle worker', and that was exactly what Atlas wanted to happen. The look in his eyes said it.

@Enuky

Lovey bit her lip when she realized what his intentions were. She grudgingly took a seat and glanced at her phone for the time. She hadnt wanted to sit for long, but evidently she was now out to dinner with her 'therapist'. She shifted anxiously in her seat and accidentally waited too long to speak. It created an awkward feel for her, but Lovey was never much of an actress. However, when she was able to speak she played along with his little game. 

"Oh yes, the treatment has been fabulous! I'm not sure how I could ever repay you!" Said Lovey, while trying to force down a smile. She tapped on the table and glanced nervously around. She wanted to catch a glimpse of those who would soon be admiring Atlas for his miracle work. It was humiliating, and showing gratitude to him made her think about her own recovery. She might not have completed her recovery on her own, but she still worked darn. Learning to walk and hours and hours of physical therapy... And now she felt as though Atlas was stealing the credit for it. 

But she couldn't go back now. Atlas could and would take this away from her. He would let her fall, she reflected while remembering what he'd done the night before. 

"Those greek exercises were all my back needed. Can I get some water please?" She asked. In her fidgeting she reached for the menu strewn across the table, deciding that Atlas could at least treat her to a bite to eat while tormenting her. 

@Andraus

"Feels familiar, doesn't it? All the hard work on all the projects we 'Did together', that you claimed total credit for. Hurts doesn't it?"

Atlas would then raise his hand as a server would arrive, and he would order her some water, and a warm meal. The server would nod, before walking back in. Atlas would then just lean forward, hearing others speak, as he would mention. "That is good. Let me know if you feel any additional aches or pains, and we'll go over it again. If you need anything else though, need but to ask. I have very skilled hands, and am more than willing to help. "Atlas said, getting a glass of hot chocolate. It was nearing winter, so Atlas wanted something warm to drink.

Atlas would then look towards her books, before speaking, keeping up the caring therapist routine. "You shouldn't strain your back so much, we're just now making progress....I shall accompany you home in my car. Better safe than sorry. You don't know what sort of freaks are out here. " Atlas said, before his plate of food would arrive. Atlas would just let out a sigh of relief. "I haven't had a burger in almost two years...This is a lovely welcome home meal. " He said. He actually had really good table manners.

@Enuky

When she heard Atlas speaking with her telepathically again. He was reprinanding her, and it was the last she could take. Lovey jumped to her feet and shouted at him, "stop that! Stop doing that right now!" 

She noticed the shuffling of individuals around them turning to stare, offering confused expressions. Right. None of these people could hear it, and so now they were staring at her like a looney toon. She blushed and quickly retreated to her seat, doing her best to keep her eyes away from the surrounding tables. "Sorry", she muttered, burnt up.

They resumed their chatting and soon Atlas was volunteering to drive her home. 

"I... I...", she stuttered, but there was no way she could refuse. She looked down at her stack of books; shed decided to walk to class that day and didn't even have her car. Atlas's plate of food arrived and she eyed the burger. Soon Lovey's plate arrived and it was the same meal. She picked at her French fries, terrified of the thought of being trapped with Atlas alone. She noticed it was now after 4... Time was inching closer and closer to 6:50, and she still had no idea what to do. 

"Well, now, I'm sure the Greek cuisine must have been wonderful as well", she said, attempting to create small talk. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Atlas would look over, and nod. "Most of it is home grown....You've never lived until you've eaten a plate of greens, chopped up just right, and served straight from cooking pot. It was heavenly. Guess my American body just wants some not-good-for-you food, a personal weakness of mine. " Atlas said, giving a slight chuckle. Now that he wasn't completely dark, Atlas seemed to be rather...relaxed, whether this was a facade as well was questionable. 

Atlas would then speak up. "On my travels there, I spent some time in the Foloi oak forest. It was very...disconnected with the world, being a protected spot and everything. It was a relaxing day to spend, eating a meal I made myself.....My old roommate taught me how to cook, making bread and some dishes she'd learn from home, and I made many close friends that did the same....Honestly, I wish I could've stayed, but I have some.....loose ends in America I need to tie up. "Atlas said, looking distant. It would then be obvious to Lovey that Atlas wasn't at home in America. He missed Greece dearly. 

If that was the case, why come back? 

Though another part of her would likely question on who the female roommate he talked about was.

@Enuky

Lovey began biting into her burger. "Everyone is guilty", she commented after swallowing. The burger was good, at least. She eyed Atlas's hands and face; he appeared strangely calm for a psychopath. His calmness made her anxious. 

He began reminiscing about his time in Greece. He drscribed the gardens and healthy meals he experienced. He also brought up several roommates who assisted in teaching him to prepare Greek meals. He seemed to miss Greece, and it made Lovey worry that perhaps his goal is to return. What if he was planning to whisk her away to Greece, never to be seen again? Lovey was becoming increasingly worried.

She decided she needed to learn all she could about him if she wanted to escape. She raised an eyebrow to him, "and what might those loose ends be?" She asked, attempting to sound casual and conceal her anxiety. 

@Andraus

"To you, it might seem petty, but to me, It is the whole reason I started down my path....I should thank you, Lovey. " Atlas said, shockingly. "If you hadn't....convinced me that going to Greece was the best way to turn my life around, I would've remained the same boy, playing chess tournaments for scraps." He said, eating. He would then check his watch. It was an hour until time. He would need to leave in thirty minutes if he wanted to get there on schedule. Punctuality is key, after all. 

"So, what about you, Lovey? What do you intend on doing, now that you're back is finally taking a turn for the better?" He asked. He honestly couldn't care less, but if she had access to the same powers he could access, she was either an ally or a threat. He'd treat her right, but he had to make sure she remembered one thing- he wasn't an animal that could be controlled. Call it the only Atlas still speaking in his head. "I must say though....You've gotten more Lovely since I've been away.....I doubt you remember it, but do you recall when I tried to ask you out?" He asked, light-hearted sounding, but there was a hardness in his eyes.

These people made him a fool....He'd show them who the real fool was.

@Enuky

Lovey's question was faced with more indirect answers. She was honestly uncomfortable with the entire situation. But my back is healed, she thought. She felt as though she had signed a deal with the devil. 

She thought a moment about her answer to his question. What would she do now that she wasn't limited by a broken back? "It's already too late to participate in any fall sports...", she said to him. "I guess I will spend the rest of the semester working out and exercising". 

Lovey was stirring her straw and watching the melting ice siwsh around her cup. Anything to avoid looking to Atlas's eyes. When he commented on her beauty her hand froze and she raised her eyes to meet his. His voice and expression didn't match, perhaps to conceal his cruel torment from those sitting around them. His eyes were cold as he reminded Lovey about her rejection of him some year earlier, and it brought a shudder to Lovey.

"Why of course I remember", Lovey said, plastering a big fake smile across her face and trying her hardest to keep the atmosphere pleasant. Why would he be bringing this up now? Lovey feared it woukd be more of her 'punishment'. 

@Andraus

Atlas would keep eye contact with her, when his gaze would....melt for a second. It was only for a brief second, but there was deep pain in his eyes. He was likely burying it under his recent successes, his change of living, and was turning that pain into anger. Atlas would then close his eyes, as he finally finished his burger. "You were the most beautiful girl in my eyes....You could do no wrong. Even when I learned you began taking advantage of my skills, I kept onto a dying hope that you'd at least somehow return my affections, even if it was nothing more than a true thank you..."He said, before standing. 

"But we all have to leave childish fantasies behind sometime."

Atlas had performed the ultimate act of revenge on Lovey- He moved on. He made himself happy, he made himself better. What he was doing now? It was to show that he could live and move on from the times before, that what Lovey and the rest had put them through held no weight at all to him. He would no longer let this bother him. Only very strong people could do that. Atlas would then pick up the books.

"I'll put these in the car. Don't worry, I have the bill. " He said. A server girl walked out, before he would slip a small roll of cash into her arm. He would then flash that charming smile he had gotten good at making. "Here miss. Buy yourself something pretty with the extra. "He said, giving her a two finger wave, as he went to go put the books away.

Atlas....was happy. Whatever his goal was here, that he couldn't elaborate on, Atlas was perfectly happy with it, and perfectly happy with his life.

@Enuky (heheheheh....~evil planning~ )

Lovey had a hard time keeping eye contact with Atlas. It was easy to see it made her uncomfortable. She fumbled for words, unsure of how to respond to such things, but then Atlas stood. 

As Atlas paid, Lovey noticed him leave the server a generous tip. She eyed the server, who appeared elated by the tip. Lovey thought briefly about how no one else knew what a freak Atlas was. Atlas then took her books and started his way out the door. Lovey watched after him anxiously a moment before hurriedly following him. 

Once they were outside it didn't take long to reach his car. Lovey could feel sweat building on the back of her neck; she did not want to get into his car.

@Andraus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back