• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vehemen Academy - Academy of Hunters

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
橋本清
hashimoto kiyoshi
tags
ravyn ( xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx ), brutus
From the moment Ravyn accidentally splashed him and then yanked his shirt off of him in her attempt to help, Kiyoshi should have known that the day would hold very little of the relaxation that was promised him.

That could have been handled — not as gracefully as he'd like, sure, but it could have been handled. Although he suspected that perhaps Ravyn's intentions were not as altruistic as she might be pretending, they ultimately didn't come from a place of malice, and, well... he'd been meaning to get to know his peers better, anyway. And if that bonding came from him stumbling all over himself because he wasn't used to baring that much skin (which was in of itself a benefit anyway, since clearly he was in the minority, with choosing to forego the swimsuits entirely), then so be it. He could make it work.

What he doubted his ability to make work, however, was the entrance of a hostile trio of students, which he caught behind Ravyn's shoulder. "It's so clingy and uncomfortable though! Plus, how are you going to enjoy this peace in the pool still in your uniform?" she was saying, and he was torn between dividing his attention between what she was saying — flustering, at the best of moments — and the potential threat behind them both. Even Kiyoshi, predisposed to giving the benefit of the doubt when he could, felt something uneasy settle into the pit of his stomach — a feeling that was only validated when one of them cannonballed into the pool, splashing him and Ravyn alike.

Well. At least his shirt was already off? Small mercies.

Ravyn, quick to respond, was already hurling insults at the offender. While he admired her pluck, Kiyoshi also moved to stand in between the redhead and Brutus, in case the other boy chose to respond violently. For his part, he said evenly, drenched but composure intact, "This is not a private pool. Some awareness of the people around you would do wonders, I imagine."
code by Nano Nano

Ravyn

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy
eff you see kay! why oh you!

"Aw, did I mess up your pretty hair? Maybe try again when you don't look like a wet dog. And learn to have some fun, bitch."

Ravyn's blood boiled. What was it with these people?? She never was a super confrontational person, but this group was on thin, thin ice. If there was anything Ravyn hated most, it was bullies. Back home, if someone was being picked on in the halls, she would be the one to break it up. Back home... Here was not home. That fact still echoed in her head. Here, there were still bullies, but now they had powers. They knew the landscape. They knew the people. She was an Otherworlder. This was not her ballpark; it wasn't even her sport. But, that aside, the present... situation wasn't going away. Not only was Ravyn going to have an existential crisis, but she also had to come up with a comeback. Sigh.
The redhead straightened up from her perch and flipped (more accurately flopped) her hair over her shoulder.

"Well," Ravyn sneered. "I'd have my fun if you'd-"

Before she could finish her statement, another blast of water was shoved in her face and unfortunately down her throat. Greeeat. In seconds, Ravyn was clutching the pool edge, coughing and hacking the water from her lungs. From her position, she looked up and saw Cleo walking with the infamous Richard-

-with smoke coming from the crotch of his pants. The redhead almost choked again, but this time with laughter. Richard Dickson with damage to... well...

Ravyn turned to Brutus with an impish grin.
"Uh, Buster or whatever your name is, you might wanna go check on your little friend over there," she said, loosely gesturing to the ringleader in question. "As my good friend Kiyoshi oh so graciously pointed out, you're not so aware of people around you. By the kindness in my heart, I thought I'd help you."

Ravyn paused for half a beat, looking back at Richard. "It looks to me like there might be some damage to his... assets, no matter how small they may be," She turned back to Brutus once more and said in a baby-talking voice, "You should probably go and make sure he's ok."

The redhead grinned sweetly and gave a half-hearted wave.
"Buh bye now!"

Hopefully, that would do it. If not, Ravyn was gone, gone, gone. She pushed herself up and out of the pool just in case and sat next to Kiyoshi. She actually wasn't in a flirting mood anymore. Major surprise. The redhead sighed. What is it going to cost to have just one (1) day of downtime? A lot more than this apparently.

c o d e b y t r i p l e s

"Aw, did I mess up your pretty hair? Maybe try again when you don't look like a wet dog. And learn to have some fun, bitch."

Ravyn's blood boiled. What was it with these people?? She never was a super confrontational person, but this group was on thin, thin ice. If there was anything Ravyn hated most, it was bullies. Back home, if someone was being picked on in the halls, she would be the one to break it up. Back home... Here was not home. That fact still echoed in her head. Here, there were still bullies, but now they had powers. They knew the landscape. They knew the people. She was an Otherworlder. This was not her ballpark; it wasn't even her sport. But, that aside, the present... situation wasn't going away. Not only was Ravyn going to have an existential crisis, but she also had to come up with a comeback. Sigh.
The redhead straightened up from her perch and flipped (more accurately flopped) her hair over her shoulder.

"Well," Ravyn sneered. "I'd have my fun if you'd-"

Before she could finish her statement, another blast of water was shoved in her face and unfortunately down her throat. Greeeat. In seconds, Ravyn was clutching the pool edge, coughing and hacking the water from her lungs. From her position, she looked up and saw Cleo walking with the infamous Richard-

-with smoke coming from the crotch of his pants. The redhead almost choked again, but this time with laughter. Richard Dickson with damage to... well...

Ravyn turned to Brutus with an impish grin.
"Uh, Buster or whatever your name is, you might wanna go check on your little friend over there," she said, loosely gesturing to the ringleader in question. "As my good friend Kiyoshi oh so graciously pointed out, you're not so aware of people around you. By the kindness in my heart, I thought I'd help you."

Ravyn paused for half a beat, looking back at Richard. "It looks to me like there might be some damage to his... assets, no matter how small they may be," She turned back to Brutus once more and said in a baby-talking voice, "You should probably go and make sure he's ok."

The redhead grinned sweetly and gave a half-hearted wave.
"Buh bye now!"

Hopefully, that would do it. If not, Ravyn was gone, gone, gone. She pushed herself up and out of the pool just in case and sat next to Kiyoshi. She actually wasn't in a flirting mood anymore. Major surprise. The redhead sighed. What is it going to cost to have just one (1) day of downtime? A lot more than this apparently.

Hit the ✒ if you actually read these :p

Last edited:
For all his guile and confidence, Richard still couldn't anticipate the sheer audacity of Cleo Donovan. He couldn't help the yelp that escaped his lips as he leaped back, just in time to save his crowned jewels from permanent damage. Alas, his expensive Mucci swim trunks weren't as fortunate, and he soon felt a cool breeze passing through his nether regions. He snatched a towel out of a nearby student's hands and wrapped it around himself.

Richard took a breath and smoothed out the scowl on his face. Still, his smile was stiff and crooked around the edges as he turned to Cleo and Elise.

"For you to make such a rookie mistake, Cleo, I'm not surprised some of your recent battles turned out as disastrously as they did. It seems like both you and dear Elise could brush up on your control over your abilities. But as you said, forgive and forget, yes?" he bit out before turning towards the locker rooms. "We'll be going now, if you don't mind. Regina! Brutus!"

Regina whirled around at the sound of her name, eyes blazing with fury. She turned back to Usami and spat out, "We're not done yet, bitch. Just you wait."

With that, she pushed herself out of the pool just as Brutus did the same.

"You're all bark and no bite, you know that?" Brutus sneered at Ravyn before he and Regina followed Richard away from the pool.

At last, the Otherworlders' troubles were over and done with for now, and they were free to enjoy the pool for the remaining time that they have.

Vince Elvelo

It was, in a sense, a time well spent. Everyone had their own way of passing their time and how they faced troubles. A decent first session.

The drama that had befell upon the Otherworlders had added a glitter of unexpected entertainment to this otherwise regular swimming pool session, despite it being unasked for. By the time the troublesome trio left, there was only about 25 minutes left before the end of class. Vince Elvelo stood up from his seat, texting back something on his phone. Just earlier, a message notification had popped up on his screen that brought a satisfied look onto his face.

It’s finally here~

Alright everyone, please gather back here!” Walking to the entrance of the swimming pool where the door remained open, he clapped his hands for the Otherworlders’ attention. With his hands behind his back, he waited for the Otherworlders to come forth, eyes landed on each of them as if to take a good look at them again before speaking up. “I wish you all had a good time today, it was enjoyable watching you guys. Unfortunately, I see that the fun may have been ruined midway by the appearance of some...well, dusts. No matter how much one cleans there will always be some dust left. Sometimes you just have to brush them off. Either way, since the gymnasium is a place I assume--and believe--you guys will be visiting often from now on, I hope it has been a place to your liking.

He paused for a moment before continuing. “Beginning next session, we will be starting your official training. As seen from your performances in the simulation assessment, there are a lot of adjustments to be made to fit each of you differently. Nonetheless, I look forward to working with every single one of you. Now, as I believe this to be sooner than later…

As his voice trailed off, a figure could be seen walking in from the entrance pushing a gigantic, two tier rolling cart toward them. The figure itself has no exact appearance, as it seemed to be built of only light particles that take on Vince’s physical form and emit off a very soft glow. It has no facial features as well except for emerald green light in the shape of his eyes replacing where they would originally be. After positioning the cart next to Vince, it stood by its side obediently.

On the cart were different metal cases in different sizes stacked neatly next to or above each other. At one corner of each case, as the Otherworlders would later discover, were their names engraved on it.

“In case you are curious, my clone over here is what you guys may be guessing what my ability is. Unfortunately, it does not have any emotions nor soul and it does not speak. Although we’re technically the same person since it comes from me, it is natural to view it as a separate being. With that said, you may call it whatever you want--Vinci, Vincent, wifey, Vince no. 2, V, cutie, whatever you like. it’ll be working with all of you as well in all future lessons.” He sounded as natural as ever.

Except for Kiyoshi, each one of you will be receiving at least a case. Inside of it will be your beginner weapons. They are decided based on your performance in the assessment, as well as how you all had handled the Poex when you first entered this world. The decision was made by me with the advice from your adorable science teacher, Mitra. Within the next moment, I’d be calling you guys one by one up to claim your metal cases. My clone buddy over here will be handing them to you, and you may open them up whenever you like once you receive them.” He looked over to the blue-haired lad. “Kiyoshi, the reason I have decided you do not need one is because you already have your katana that you are fully comfortable using. Until the need comes, it is unnecessary to force you to get used to an entirely new weapon. Any questions?...Alright. Now, Ravyn Bellanova, you may come up now.

Soon, for the several minutes that followed, each third-generation Otherworlders would’ve received their cases that contained their weapons inside.

For Ravyn Bellanova is a pair of long golden scissors. It is artistically designed from the handle to the blades, taking on a rather unique and elegant shape that marked it as irregular. Unlike regular scissors, it has a bronze sheath that covers the blades with floral patterns engraved over it. Once taken out of the sheath, the needle-sharp blades could be observed to be crafted in a design that seemed to be mimicking that of a throwing knife. Additionally, an easy twist, and the scissor could be taken apart to become two independent blades on its own.

For Adrian September, a pair of dark grey gauntlets that appeared a size bigger at first, but once worn fit naturally onto his hands. As Vince later explained, the gauntlets would allow him to have better control over his gravitational powers. It is made with hardened leather and is plain in design, but is made to be worn comfortably to be flexible with every hand or finger movement.

Seeing multiple potentials in Frederika von Eisenhart, she has received by far the largest cases, and two of them. In one of them was a large, newly crafted battle axe, and in another a grenade launcher that had made Cleo’s eyes sparkled upon sight. They were heavy in weight but matching to Frederika’s current built. Hanna Aldrin’s weapon was similar to Kiyoshi in it being a katana, though picked one that is more catered to her strength and size. Vince is predicting that in the future, she’d be able to fuse her fire ability with her swordship for it to become a fireblade. The male has high expectations for the duo.

Inside Endo Usami’s metal cases is a grand black sniper rifle, laying there expectantly as if waiting to be used, fitting to her power in her accelerated eyesight observed despite her physical disability. To accommodate for her disability, Usami had also received a second case, where a black walking cane laid inside, customized to fit the girl’s height. As Vince later explained to her, the cane was used to stabilize her current powers that are still relatively unstable and of course, to better support her as well. She may be a bit slow in the team, but the male see her as a potential great support member. He planned to have Elise to aid her in training her control over her shields as well.

After everyone had received their weapons, each of them, including Kiyoshi and the two second-generation otherworlders, received a much smaller jewelry box. Upon opening it is a platinum ring infused with a sea blue gemstone.

Recently, designs for storage items have become relatively popular. This ring is one of them--if anytime, you do not want to carry your weapons around, you are free to store them via this accessory item. It requires a bit of mental energy to use it, but you guys will be familiar with it soon enough. Additionally, be aware that there is a storage capacity to the gemstone, and larger items take up more space too. It is not a bottomless hole~
`
Vince proceed to went on a bit more details on the storage accessory item-- that the ring was merely an example of one among the whole entire accessory sets and other types of storage items available. On the west of the academy within campus, there is a general shop for the Otherworlders to check out other items, or switch their accessory types, storage item types, or just colors for free.

A reminder was also given that the weapons were never set for stone, as customization and modifications would always be available even just within campus in the battlecraft department. However, considering time was running out, Vince did not spend too much time going over their new weapons or accessories, except that they would begin to use them immediately, as he would like to get them to become hunters as soon as possible. Of course, in combination with weapon trainings are combat trainings involving both physical strength and power control that would be further entailed during future sessions.

Vince had also added that they would need to have a full body health examination at the infirmary, his eyes particularly focused on Usami as he said so.

The whole thing ended up dragging a little longer than just twenty minutes, but considering they do not have anymore classes after, Vince naturally decided it’s okay for the class to end late. “Any questions?” He asked in the end.

If not, you are all dismissed. I look forward to be with you guys~” He mused enthusiastically with a wave of his hand as he bid everyone farewell. Around this time, Eiichi might be in the office. He had not gotten the chance to snuggle up to him and exchange fawning words over these sweet Otherworlders yet over these couple of days as the shy history teacher has increased his avoidance skills overtime.

A soft sigh left Vince’s lips. Today marked the end of, well, the syllabus day, and the Otherworlders have in a sense...received the entirety of their introductions into this world. Elise and Cleo, clearly used to this world already, have the capability to serve as reliable seniors to guide these rookies into Lumen that could sometimes be a little cruel. For the students that Vince have taught, as others described, they would either only turn out to be successful hunters or complete failures, as the male tends to give up immediately if he has decided that the students under him hold no potential. For the Otherworlders, however, the responsibility was different. It is automatically assumed that they would be successful, must be successful, so even a piece of crumpled up paper in the trash can needs to become an elegant paper crane in the end. Welps, Vince nonetheless held faith in these students.

I mean, just look at how cute they are~ He grinned happily as he left the gymnasium.

The weeks that followed then would be one where he had expected. While Jun remained in coma, the Otherworlders were plunged into the academy life almost forcibly, from lectures to trainings to the fun side of Lumen and Vehemen Academy itself.

----

Interacted/Mentioned: @ everyone

"Before we end the class today, there is an announcement I have to make,"Eiichi said to his class of Otherworlders, some of them no doubt already halfway to dreamland after his history lesson. He resisted the urge to pinch the bridge of his nose as he once again reflected on how this announcement could potentially lead to disastrous results. It had been two weeks since the Otherworlders' first session with Vince (during which, Eiichi heard, they came into conflict with Richard Dickson yet again), and all of their time so far had been spent on Vehemen Academy's campus. Despite Eiichi's warnings, Principal Rolvel had insisted that they finally allow the students into the city.

"The Second Generation were attacked just two weeks ago. We don't know what the Faciete might be planning," Eiichi had argued when Rolvel brought up the topic.

"It was ascertained that the assailants that day acted independently of the Faciete's higherups. With the Academy and the Association being on high alert after the attack, I doubt they would try anything anytime soon," Rolvel refuted calmly.

"And the invitation?" Eiichi pressed. After he and the students returned to the Academy, he'd decided to bring the envelope to the Rolvel. There was only one sentence on the paper: "You are invited to the reception." Eiichi couldn't make heads or tails of the message, and as much as he wanted to keep his investigations to himself, it wouldn't be wise to let a potential gathering of Faciete members go under the Association's radar. Yet even so...

"Unfortunately, we weren't able to garner any additional information from it, but we can presume that the Faciete would want to keep their gathering under wraps. It seems unlikely that they would do it in the middle of a bustling city out in broad daylight," Rolvel said. He sighed and continued, "Professor Kikuchi, your concern for the safety of your students is admirable, but you can't expect to keep them holed up on campus forever. They are young, and doubtless curious about this new world that they've found themselves in. A day out in the city won't do any harm."

Before Eiichi could reply, Rolvel stood from his seat and straightened his coat.

"Now if you would excuse me, I have another meeting to attend."

Eiichi furrowed his brows briefly at the memory before smoothing out his expression again. No use dwelling on what can't be changed.

"After your classes today, you are free to leave the campus and explore the city," Eiichi said evenly. "As you may know by now, we have kept you on campus due to safety concerns, but Principal Rolvel has deemed it safe for you to take this excursion today. I will be accompanying you to supervise, but Cleo and Elise will be taking the responsibility of showing you around the city, and we are to return to campus by 7 P.M. Is that clear?"

Cleo Donovan

The sun was no longer as brilliant by the time classes were over in the afternoon. However, time would not be able to cease the bustling energy of the city even at this time--rather, people seemed to be even more active now that classes and work for a lot of them were over. Standing in Raevedel Square and looking beyond, everyone looked innocently happy, as if the poex incident that took place here just a couple weeks ago was nothing but a small drama that was resolved within a couple of minutes.

It didn’t take a lot of time to reach there, especially when they relied on the minibus service located right outside the entrance gates of the academy, which drove them directly to Raevedel Square as a first stop. Students could either use the minibus service or travel on their own, which is a popular option too among the students, since other public transportation service was available as soon as they crossed the lake that separates the academy from the city itself. The minibus only comes by every hour since the principal didn’t really see the need to put more effort on it. Although the academy was located closer to the edge of the city all the way on the other side of a lake, the distance it took to reach the heart of it itself was actually not too far--stretching from twenty minutes to an hour depending on where they were going.

To reach Raevedel Square from the academy takes around thirty minutes by foot if one knows the shortcuts as well as Cleo, otherwise relying on the minibus driven by an exhausted looking old man is the better option. Starting from the square, streets stretched on to various shopping districts. It was there that the Otherworlders gathered together with Eiichi Kikuchi supervising on the side after they got off a bus. A street performer happily played away on his harmonica, adding another layer of delightful spirit to the city this afternoon.

The two weeks trapped in the academy had been stressful and busy. Although Cleo had long been sneaking out nearly every night, for the others, this should be a nice break and a good way to get to know the city--in fact this entire kingdom or world of Lumen itself.

Well, this place’s huge, probably can’t get to everywhere in just one day,” Cleo remarked as she pondered where to start now that it’s been such a long time since she visited the city with such a huge group of Otherworlders. If Jun’s here, he’d probably know where all the good crepes are. “I’d say whatever stores you think exist are probably all here somewhere.

She’s right in a sense. Just walk down one street, and there are stores ranging from weaponries and various battle items to armoires and magic potions. Down another, and there’ll be an endless amount of clothes, make-up’s and accessories for them to shop. Of course, there are food districts too, but cafes and restaurants are already scattering all around similar to the general stores and bars that are located everywhere. Of course, there are more popular food places, especially in the field of desserts and sweets. Diverse range of unique stores also can be found, from stores specific to selling unique pets to stores specific to different types of masquerade masks, or traditional eastern clothing or antique or items from different parts of the world. Bookstores, gift shops, stationeries, alcohol beverages, furniture, silveries…The amount of stores that exist here is much like the amount of stores to be found in any large cities, an endless list for them to explore.

There are also a lot more than just stores and restaurants. Post offices, libraries, and whatever one would normally find in a city is located here too at the heart of the city. Put simply, if they think there should be a store or a place for something, then it’s probably there somewhere.

I’m going to buy some drinks,” Cleo said with a grin. She meant beer's. But since Eiichi's around she decided she shouldn't say it out loud. “It’s right next to this blacksmith’s shop and it’s down that street--” she pointed in one direction. “Got some great burgers there too. I think a couple of new weaponry shops also opened up there? And huh, I think a new stationery shop too...And uhh..” Scratching the back of her head, she shrugged. “Tons of stuff. Well, I think it’d be weird for all nine of us to be walking around everywhere, so why don’t we just split up and shop where we want? Elise can lead too.

To be honest, it’s not her role to be speaking up and thinking about these types of stuffs, but somehow she just assumed the role.

She took out her phone and waved it midair. “If yer lost, just look up the map on yer phone. We all have each other’s contact’s. Just don’t go too far and don’t go alone. You pay with your phone as well, by the way. So I guess the most important thing is don’t lose your phone?

She took a side glance at Eiichi as if reminded of something. “Err, I guess we can meet back here when it’s time? Anyways, the city’s pretty fun. Imma be going off then, feel free to follow if you want.

With that, the Otherworlders are free to roam about the city districts and have their fun before returning peacefully back to the academy as Eiichi Kikuchi hoped, under the assumption that nothing unexpected would happen.

---

Interacted/Mentioned; @ everyone

Last edited:

ADRIAN SEPTEMBER

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

Coffee

Finally, some fresh air. As expansive and impressive as Vehemen's campus was, it was still a place of education and quickly becoming routine. Being restricted to the academy for weeks on end was a wearisome experience, especially when there was an entirely unfamiliar world beyond its boundaries.

Adrian brought a hand to his left wrist, slightly adjusting the magical device wrapped around it. The silver wristwatch was a far more fitting accessory than the basic ring the academy had handed out two weeks earlier, which couldn't be worn comfortably under the uniforms' relatively tightly-fitting gloves. After only two days with his original equipment, Adrian had traded it in at the general store for his current timepiece. Whereas the ring had both looked and felt out of place, the watch was much more commonplace. Simple and unadorned, he was much more content with his choice. The wide variety of options he had been presented with at the store had astonished him, though. Whatever these storage devices were made of, they seemed to have no fixed form and could be made in any shape. Magic really was incredible.

As for the the city itself, it was far more mundane. The last - and only - time Adrian had been in Raevedel was when he'd first arrived in Lumen. At the time, caught up in the chaos of being inexplicably transported to another world and having to face a gargantuan monster, he hadn't thought to examine his surroundings much. This time, the slow-moving minibus - much like the ones back on Earth, Ningen, whatever you chose to call it - gave him ample opportunity to observe it. Despite the fantastical nature of this world, there wasn't much to note about Raevedel. It appeared much like any ordinary large city, barring a few exceptions such as the existence of weaponry stores. If Adrian didn't look too carefully, he might've even been able to forget which world he was in.

Hah. That was a lie. It could never be so easy.

Cleo's departure marked the formal beginning of the group's free time and Adrian knew exactly where he was headed to first. As interesting as some of the options the older girl laid out were, there were more basic necessities to tend to first. The last time he'd gotten his hands on some coffee was before classes began in the morning and he'd just about reached his functioning limit.

Thankfully, Raevedel seemed to have no shortage of coffee shops and cafés. Pressing his gloved hands deeper into the pockets of his large coat, Adrian brushed his fingertips against the hardness of his academy-assigned phone. He loosened a weary yawn and wordlessly trudged towards the nearest coffee shopesque structure, a pale building a couple hundred meters to his right. He'd think about what to do once he had some fuel in his body.

INTERACTIONS: None
MENTIONS: SilverBlack SilverBlack

Finally, some fresh air. As expansive and impressive as Vehemen's campus was, it was still a place of education and quickly becoming routine. Being restricted to the academy for weeks on end was a wearisome experience, especially when there was an entirely unfamiliar world beyond its boundaries.

Adrian brought a hand to his left wrist, slightly adjusting the magical device wrapped around it. The silver wristwatch was a far more fitting accessory than the basic ring the academy had handed out two weeks earlier, which couldn't be worn comfortably under the uniforms' relatively tightly-fitting gloves. After only two days with his original equipment, Adrian had traded it in at the general store for his current timepiece. Whereas the ring had both looked and felt out of place, the watch was much more commonplace. Simple and unadorned, he was much more content with his choice. The wide variety of options he had been presented with at the store had astonished him, though. Whatever these storage devices were made of, they seemed to have no fixed form and could be made in any shape. Magic really was incredible.

As for the the city itself, it was far more mundane. The last - and only - time Adrian had been in Raevedel was when he'd first arrived in Lumen. At the time, caught up in the chaos of being inexplicably transported to another world and having to face a gargantuan monster, he hadn't thought to examine his surroundings much. This time, the slow-moving minibus - much like the ones back on Earth, Ningen, whatever you chose to call it - gave him ample opportunity to observe it. Despite the fantastical nature of this world, there wasn't much to note about Raevedel. It appeared much like any ordinary large city, barring a few exceptions such as the existence of weaponry stores. If Adrian didn't look too carefully, he might've even been able to forget which world he was in.

Hah. That was a lie. It could never be so easy.

Cleo's departure marked the formal beginning of the group's free time and Adrian knew exactly where he was headed to first. As interesting as some of the options the older girl laid out were, there were more basic necessities to tend to first. The last time he'd gotten his hands on some coffee was before classes began in the morning and he'd just about reached his functioning limit.

Thankfully, Raevedel seemed to have no shortage of coffee shops and cafés. Pressing his gloved hands deeper into the pockets of his large coat, Adrian brushed his fingertips against the hardness of his academy-assigned phone. He loosened a weary yawn and wordlessly trudged towards the nearest coffee shopesque structure, a pale building a couple hundred meters to his right. He'd think about what to do once he had some fuel in his body.

~Frederika von Eisenhart~
-- Weapon day --

Wearing: Vehemen Academy Swimsuit, female

--- PREVIOUSLY ---

As the terrible trio removed themselves from the pool, Frederika breathed a sigh of relief she hadn't realized she'd been holding. For all of her physical and mental abilities, getting bullies to back off would forever be a task futile to assign to her, a literally foreign world of words as weapons and arguments as armor. She was thankful for Usami and Ravyn's far greater capabilities in these regards, and would have to remember to thank them, as well as Cleo at some point in the future. For now, more pressing matters were present, as Vince's voice behind her called the 3rd gens to attention.

With a final glance at Hanna and a pat on her back to ensure she was in okay enough shape to operate on her own, she stood, stretching out and flexing slightly in her one piece as she inadvertently gave the swimsuit a far more demanding strength test than expected. Thankfully the magic of the garment continued to hold, much as the seams did as her musculature strained them to their very limits, thankfully preventing what would have rapidly become a school-wide scandal that needless to say, they didn't need at the moment. Satisfied with her stretch, the blonde valkyrie began to make her way towards where the professor had been directing them: a cartload of cases being pushed by a second, ethereally glowing Vince. Interesting she duly noted, and then immediately turned her eyes towards the contents Vince was showing off. "Ahh, so we are to be issued our training weapons. Excellent, I look forward to my selection."

After Rayvn and Adrian took their cases, revealing particularly personalized selections of weaponry, Frederika was somewhat surprised to be handed not one, but two fairly large cases. With an eyebrow raised in curiousity, she set the boxes down on a nearby ledge and popped open the first, revealing a large battleaxe of quality, if straightforward construction. "Ah, this is sensible given the evaluation. I approve of this selection." A few test swings revealed its hefty mass, and again she shook her head in approval; despite the plain appearance, it was clear that this axe was selected to take advantage of her physique to enable powerful strikes. "Which leaves the second case... I admit my curiosity with this one." She took a second look around to check if any of the others had received multiple weapons. Ravyn's scissors looked like they could be separated to become two wickedly sharp blades if need be, Adrian had two gauntlets, of course, and Usami had indeed received a second case, but it was simply to hold another cane, so it looked like she was the only one receiving two different weapon systems.

"Sehr gut, let us see what lay within." With the clack of two heavy-duty latches being popped open, Frederika opened the second case, and her eyes widened at the device she saw before her. "Mein gott... what kind of vunderwaffen is this?" The overall shape of the weapon said auto-loader, but the width of that magazine, and the SIZE of that barrel... what in the world kind of bullets did this thing fire? She picked up the projectile weapon, holding it aloft by the grip as she tried to make heads or tails out of the firearm, gingerly poking at some of the latches and buttons while giving the trigger a WIDE berth. The last thing she needed was to put a mystery round right through the side of the gym; nevermind her potential wardrobe failure, that would have gotten on every news channel this place ran. As her index finger ran against the oddly placed magazine release, the box slid out, empty. Right, you'd have to be verruckt to transport this thing loaded. Still, as she gazed into the veritable box of a box magazine, she continued to wonder just what in the world cartridge could be large enough to require such an enormous magazine?

Her questions would become answered when she searched around inside the crate and withdrew one of several cartons of ammunition. At first opening and first glance, the rounds resembled shotgun shells, which she gave an "ohhh" of moderate appreciation at. A magazine fed shotgun sounded weird, but given the kind of beasts they had already had to face, she could see the appeal. Still, something bothered her; these shotgun shells didn't look like the ones she had seen on TV and in magazines... and why was the box marked "DANGER! EXPLOSIVE!"? A new frown of concern crossed her face; what kind of shotgun shells were explosive? Didn't they just shoot a bunch of lead balls? This warranted a closer inspection, and indeed, as Frederika held the shell to the light, she could just make out the inside of the cartridge through the plastic; instead of containing a solid mass of presumably gunpowder and lead, it almost looked like there was a solid finned load inside. A slug round? No, those aren't explosive either... She truly began to wonder just what WAS this mysterious ammunition that she was holding in her hand?

With a sigh, she returned it to the box and stowed it back in the case. This mystery would have to remain unsolved until she found somewhere safe to test this weapon out, and at the moment there were precious few locations she could even consider vaguely close to ideal. She returned the odd shotgun with its magazine back to the weapon case and closed it up, just in time to be handed a jewelry box. While certainly not adverse to the concept of self-decoration, it seemed like a strange piece of equipment to be offered to a group of hunter candidates until Vince revealed its true purpose as a storage device. Eagerly, she immediately cracked open the box and slipped on the ring, attempting to get the artifact to absorb the axe she had left lying out, but alas the ring had little to no effect on the existence of it, leaving Frederika to question whether it was a case of the ring's carrying capacity, or her own inherent magical naivete. She would have to investigate this in the coming weeks, but for the moment, she tossed the axe back into its designated case, and did likewise for the ring before shoving it into her coat pocket and hefting the two larger weapon boxes.

After that, it was just additional info from Vince, and then they were dismissed, although a strange shiver went through Frederika when Vince mentioned the full body health examinations. Strange, it is not as if I've not had to undergo similar previously... why do these in particular trouble me? She shook off the sensation as nerves, and, hefting her weapon cases anew, set off back to the dorms to continue to investigate how to summon the power of the ring.

Last edited:

Ravyn

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy
SHOPPING!!!!!!

Wait, did she hear that correctly? In all honesty, Ravyn had been pretty zoned out for most of Eiichi's lesson but now she was paying attention. Going into the city would be a welcomed and much needed shopping opportunity. As nice as the uniforms the school provided were (especially with her added modifications), her wardrobe was in desperate need of expansion. The only thing that had spiced up her look was the ring she now wore on her finger. Her mind flashed back to the day she received such jewelry and mentally cringed. That was... an experience.

Being first called up to retrieve the mystery boxes was an adventure within itself, then to open and find scissors? They were gorgeous, no doubting that, but scissors? As her peers opened their boxes to find weapons of deadly caliber, the scissors glared back at their wielder. Ravyn had picked them up to inspect them further then click! They broke. Her one thing. The scissors. And she broke them. After that, the redhead had put them back in the sheath and back in the box, too embarrassed to do anything more with them. It would only be until later that it was explained that they were supposed to do that. How was she supposed to know? In hindsight, the design was really smart and easily concealed. A mundane object transformed into two deadly throwing knives. Ravyn was in a slump. She still wasn't too keen on... using them. Knives = scary.
The starter ring they had received to carry their new weapons had come as a pleasant surprise. They were cute as is, but that didn't stop Ravyn from headed to the shop and switched it out for a different style and of course, green gem.

~​

Now, the city! Shopping! New culture! Shopping! After listening to Cleo's brief introductions and Eiichi's directions, Ravyn was itching to go. She knew it probably wouldn't be safe to go off on her own, so she scanned the group of Otherworlders for a suitable buddy. Well, what better option than her roommate, Usami! She sashayed over to the dark-haired girl.

"Hey Usami!" she chirped, "I was going to head over to see if I could find some cute clothes! You should come with!"

Without waiting for an answer, she took Usami by the arm and skipped off to the department stores or whatever equivalents she could find. As soon as one was located, the spree began. Queen on the 'on sale' rack, this girl had an eye for bargains and cute things. Blouses, skirts, shoes, jeans, you name it, Ravyn could find it. In record time, she had two outfits for herself and a pair of shoes. She was particularly proud of her finds: a short dark green ruffled skirt paired with a pale pink puffy-sleeved blouse, and a fuzzy pastel green sweater with a pair of light wash ripped jeans. The shoes were lace-up black ankle boots with a small heel. Perfection. In her search, Ravyn came across quite a find.

"Ok, so I found a little something..." she said, turning to Usami. The redhead was acting fairly suspicious, especially with the way she was holding something behind her back. "It may be a little big, but I thought you might like it."

From her hiding spot, Ravyn produced a large dark grey sweatshirt, folded neatly. It appeared to be just a regular hoodie, but then she unfolded it. Emblazoned on the front was a little embroidered frog sitting on a lily pad. Upon closer inspection, there was a small caption beneath the vibing phrog that read, 'in my hoppy place'.

"I just thought it was so precious!" she smiled. "Do you like it?"

Wait, did she hear that correctly? In all honesty, Ravyn had been pretty zoned out for most of Eiichi's lesson but now she was paying attention. Going into the city would be a welcomed and much-needed shopping opportunity. As nice as the uniforms the school provided were (especially with her added modifications), her wardrobe was in desperate need of expansion. The only thing that had spiced up her look was the ring she now wore on her finger. Her mind flashed back to the day she received such jewelry and mentally cringed. That was... an experience.

Being first called up to retrieve the mystery boxes was an adventure within itself, then to open and find scissors? They were gorgeous, no doubting that, but scissors? As her peers opened their boxes to find weapons of deadly caliber, the scissors glared back at their wielder. Ravyn had picked them up to inspect them further then click! They broke. Her one thing. The scissors. And she broke them. After that, the redhead had put them back in the sheath and back in the box, too embarrassed to do anything more with them. It would only be until later that it was explained that they were supposed to do that. How was she supposed to know? In hindsight, the design was really smart and easily concealed. A mundane object transformed into two deadly throwing knives. Ravyn was in a slump. She still wasn't too keen on... using them. Knives = scary.
The starter ring they had received to carry their new weapons had come as a pleasant surprise. They were cute as is, but that didn't stop Ravyn from headed to the shop and switched it out for a different style and of course, green gem.

~​

Now, the city! Shopping! New culture! Shopping! After listening to Cleo's brief introductions and Eiichi's directions, Ravyn was itching to go. She knew it probably wouldn't be safe to go off on her own, so she scanned the group of Otherworlders for a suitable buddy. Well, what better option than her roommate, Usami! She sashayed over to the dark-haired girl.

"Hey Usami!" she chirped, "I was going to head over to see if I could find some cute clothes! You should come with!"

Without waiting for an answer, she took Usami by the arm and skipped off to the department stores or whatever equivalents she could find. As soon as one was located, the spree began. Queen on the 'on sale' rack, this girl had an eye for bargains and cute things. Blouses, skirts, shoes, jeans, you name it, Ravyn could find it. As she strolled through the racks, she mused little comments about the shirts along with tidbits of advice in areas such as color theory and style coordination. A surprisingly short while later, she had two outfits for herself and a pair of shoes. She was particularly proud of her finds: a short dark green ruffled skirt paired with a pale pink puffy-sleeved blouse, and a fuzzy pastel green sweater with a pair of light wash ripped jeans. The shoes were lace-up black ankle boots with a small heel. Perfection. In her search, Ravyn came across quite a find.

"Ok, so I found a little something..." she said, turning to Usami. The redhead was acting fairly suspicious, especially with the way she was holding something behind her back. "It may be a little big, but I thought you might like it."

From her hiding spot, Ravyn produced a large dark grey sweatshirt, folded neatly. It appeared to be just a regular hoodie, but then she unfolded it. Emblazoned on the front was a little embroidered frog sitting on a lily pad. Upon closer inspection, there was a small caption beneath the vibing phrog that read, 'in my hoppy place'.

"I just thought it was so precious!" she smiled. "Do you like it?"

Last edited:

Hanna Aldrin

Health

Stamina

Magical Enegry

interactions: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony vxnilla vxnilla

Hanna was so happy to finally be off of campus, and breathed in that nice, fresh air. She didn't enjoy the fact that she was confined to vehemens campus due to fact that she was use to being to go wherever she wanted to. Hanna couldn't help but smile like a kid in a candy store when they were going into the city, where she could finally get some new threads. She also wanted to find some weapon shops to see what they could offer her, as well as to see the type of prices that she was working with.

Hanna adjusted the simple bracelet that she had traded in her transportation ring for. She liked it better than the ring, and it was more comfortable. Hanna listened as Cleo briefly explained what was around Raevedel Square, and before long she herself left to go shopping. Ravyn dragged Usami with her to go and buy some cloths, and Adrian stalked off to go satisfy his caffeine needs. So that left Hanna with Fredi and Kyoshi.

Hanna considered just going off on her own, but decided that it would be best to bring them along with her. She put her hands on Fredi and Kyoshi's shoulders, and smiled, "Guess we're stuck with each other once again...well, anyone have any ideas to where we go first?"

Last edited:
-- Supply run --

Wearing: Vehemen Academy School Uniform, female
Carrying: AGL-12, Stahl Streitaxt, Vigilant Preparation ammunition pouches

---

Well now this was a pleasant change of pace. To be offered a day to head into the city was certainly not an opportunity Frederika intended to pass up, particularly given her burning desire to find a proper set of boots and gloves to wear day to day in class. The offerings provided by the academy while workable, were FAR from optimal, and to be honest even her usual patience was starting to be wear thin from the frequent occurrences of her pen slipping out of her gloved hand and hurling itself into some unfortunate corner. As for what exactly would comprise a proper replacement... well admittedly she hadn't come to a true decision yet; part of the reason she was interested in the trip was simply to browse what the city had to offer.

So with unusual jubilation Frederika clambered onto the bus, only to completely lose momentum as the various stocks and handles of her newly issued weapons caught either edge of the door and halted her advance with a guttural "ghk!". As she backed out and gingerly reentered with her weapons now carefully threaded through the doorway, it was clear that she was still in the process of getting used to bearing these arms in the various situations she would find herself. Thank goodness I figured out where the safety on my issued longarm was... The grisly mental image of having the trigger get caught on something and dumping the entire magazine of grenades at ground zero did much to chill her previously exuberant mood, but the fact was, she needed to become accustomed to her weapons if Vince truly wanted them to become hunters as soon as possible in this strange new world. She just hoped she wasn't going to draw too much attention in Raevedel walking around with a small arsenal on her back.

The bus ride itself was uneventful, the girl remaining somewhat lost in her own world of thought about what potentialities the outside world could hold and how they would be effected by the arrival of Otherworlders, and before long Fredi soon found herself disembarking back off this bus, her movements careful this time to avoid a repetition of before. Sure enough, as she stood there at the bus stop, the city of Raevedel stretched out in front of her as far as the eye could see in the evening sky, skyscrapers and smaller buildings dotting the skyline as grand storefronts and massive electronic billboards displayed animated advertisements for the various wares to be found in the city. It was a vastly different feel than she'd gotten from the last time she was here, where she and several others had been pitted into direct combat with little more than what they could salvage in the surrounding area; this finally felt like a true proper city experience, and for that she was glad.

Before she could become too enamored with her newfound view on the square, Hanna clapped a hand upon her shoulder. "Guess we're stuck with each other once again...well, anyone have any ideas to where we go first?"

The valkyrie pondered quietly for a moment. "Well. Rather than any particular location I desired to visit, I instead wished for the ability to view the city's offerings in leather apparel... ah, leather goods? Leather accessories?" Something certainly didn't sound right about that term, but she hoped it got the meaning across. "Then, as I am certainly none of you are surprised, I would very much like to make a stop at whatever weapons stores Cleo just mentioned: something came to my attention the other day that should be addressed post haste. After that I am ambivalent as to where we go, so long as we return to the bus on time. I would rather not raise the ire of our school's administrators yet further."

---

Interaction: Nessi Nessi

usami

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

eve

Heart Ocean

With an atmosphere this lively and nostalgic. It was incredibly... tiresome for the crippled hermit despite being off campus grounds for a short amount of time. She sighed as she stepped forward to keep up with the group. Although, not without getting sidetracked as she spotted yet another shop she knew for a fact was not available back in Ningen. She eyed the contents through the display window skeptically before she carried on.

This was Raevedel Square? She could only remember what it looked like from a clip recording, but it was in much better shape than what Usami remembered. To think a monster dropped down here from the sky like a snowflake... a deadly, violent snowflake. Usami could only squeeze her black cane to ease her discomfort for the place.
"This is where it all started, huh?"

A recollection of the past (treacherous) weeks then came about that dull mind of hers. Professor Vince was swift to start training, and due to the unavoidable health examination, Usami was separated from the others to focus on strengthening her gangly legs. Those sessions alone were hell on earth as they left Usami waking up to limbs as heavy as logs and spirits which continuously dampened itself as the days passed by.

If only she had the strength and willpower of a hundred men... Usami would often get distracted during training and watched from afar as the others honed their skills and powers. Her new black cane, as smooth and well-balanced as it was, did provide sufficient aid when it came to controlling her abilities; however, there will be a time when it won't be enough to save her life or even someone else's. Usami hoped that such will never occur. Then, there was the other case she received... It had to be the main contributor to her complete lack of faith in herself, but it was most definitely the culprit behind her aching arms and unforgiving eye strains. It was her sniper rifle; specifically, the one that was currently stored within her issued storage ring (she hadn't decided how to customize it as of yet). Usami could only wonder how much time she had left before her instructors give up on her.

As Usami gave mind to Cleo's brief rundown of what the area had in store, she wondered what she actually needed from this place. For starters, Usami realized how much materials she lacked- starting with general clothes. The dark-haired girl looked down at her attire, which allowed herself to become self-conscious. She was still adorned in her uniform and being out of school grounds for the first time, she stuck out like a sore thumb. The low grumble of her stomach announced its presence as well.

Usami placed a finger on her chin and tapped on it a few times.
"Cleo did mention there was food around here,"
she thought to herself,
"Let's find..."

"Hey Usami! I was going to head over to see if I could find some cute clothes! You should come with!"

Now, if there was anything the dark-haired girl knew about her bubbly roommate, it was that she could probably shop until she dropped. However, Usami also knew that Ravyn had a lot of energy and that it was probably Usami who'd be the one to drop first. Even so, she opted to trail behind the redhead as they hopped from store to store. Usami took note of every shop that had a picture of food on their windows along the way.

On their first encounter, Usami approached the clothing racks without much thought of what she was looking for. She was fond of wearing dark clothing and her wardrobe used to consist of chunky turtlenecks and not many tight fitted clothes. This new beginning made her wonder, should she try something new? Usami looked over at the mannequin, her face scrunched with distaste.
"Let's stick to our comfort zone,"
she decided.

Usami twisted around as she noticed Ravyn began to approach her. To which, she became wary as she noticed there was something Ravyn was keeping out of her sight. The hermit initially thought there was going to be a bright dress adorned with frills or some horrendous sort, but... not this. This beautiful creation!

"...I just thought it was so precious," she heard Ravyn chirp as she held up the garment. She picked this out for me? It was precious indeed... Just look at the small fella sitting on his little pad, living a hoppy-

"Do you like it," she then heard again, to which Usami almost dropped her stick. She couldn't remember when was the last time someone had her in their thoughts. A hot flush lit up her cheeks and the tip of her ears, which immediately prompted her to take the oversized hoodie into her arms.
"You're thinking too much into it,"
she reminded herself.

Usami cleared her throat and told the redhead.
"It's perfect."
Feeling as more awkwardness was gaining on her, Usami plucked a random chunky scarf from a display table and bundled the two articles in her free arm.
"Should we, uh, move on?"

The blushing frog lover turned to the cashier, ready to pay.
"Agh... I'm starving,"
she mumbles as she heads over.

♡coded by uxie♡

"I could be in my quarters right now, retired into my warm bed. Alas, I've been browbeaten into squandering my time with you," Theo huffed, all but dragging his feet across the concrete ground of the city square. "Why?"

"Is that any way to speak to your upperclassman?" Richard said without any heat. "And I told you why. We're here to buy you something other than hoodies to wear. It'll do wonder for your image if you do your fieldwork without looking like you just rolled out of bed."

"Mhm. And I supposed this excursion of ours has naught to do with the fact that the Otherworlders are similarly peregrinating Raevedel?" Theo asked with a raised brow.

"Pere- what?" Richard shook his head and sighed. "No, of course not! Why, I didn't even know about their outing until you brought it up! You really think I would use you as an excuse to, what? Hound the Otherworlders?" He lifted his head indignantly. "I can do that without you, thank you very much."

"An honor, really, that you think me worthy of your company," Theo deadpanned. "Yet I still fail to comprehend why you must beleaguer them at every turn."

"You weren't there during the Tragedy," Richard scowled. Theo looked to the sky for strength, already lamenting his mistake of even bringing up the topic. Richard must have delivered his lengthy spiel a dozen times to him, listing every reason why the Otherworlders are terrible and overrated yadda yadda. If Theo was lucky, maybe a Poex will drop out of the sky and land right on his head, ending his pitiful existence... "It was their fault that- Wait, are those the Otherworlders?"

"God preserve us all," Theo sighed, giving up on resistance when Richard dragged him towards the group of unsuspecting Otherworlders.

Richard's eyes narrowed as he set his sights on the students who've yet to find a buddy and huffed out, "They think they can frolic around the city? They'd do more good if they just-"

He screeched to a halt and nearly stumbled when Theo bumped into his back with a soft 'oof.'

"What-" Theo peeked around Richard, blinked, and snorted out an ugly laugh. A few feet away from the Otherworlders, Professor Kikuchi stood with his arms crossed, an unimpressed stare boring into Richard.

"Hm, mayhap our expedition will manage to offer me some divertissement, after all," Theo said, reveling at Richard's predicament because serves him right after dragging him out here against his will.

"Shut it," Richard gritted out, no doubt weighing the pros and cons of crossing Professor Kikuchi just to get a kick out of vexing the Otherworlders. Theo already predicted how this staring contest would turn out, but he still smirked with vindictive satisfaction when his upperclassman broke eye contact with Professor Kikuchi to shuffle away with fists clenched at his sides. Theo offered a nod at the Hunter's direction before following after Richard with a spring in his steps.

---

Eiichi uncrossed his arms and sighed. He heard bits and pieces of what happened at the academy pool two weeks ago from students, and though he was relieved that the situation didn't escalate out of control (though some may argue Cleo bombing Richard's privates should already be considered escalated), he should have known that Richard wouldn't be deterred from harassing the Otherworlders. Would that the boy devoted as much energy into his training... Eiichi could only hope that Richard's homeroom teacher was actually putting effort into reining him in.

He turned his attention back to his students and found that many of them had already dispersed to explore. He sighed in defeat. Moments like these, he couldn't help but envy one of Vince's very few redeeming qualities. Namely, the ability to build a professional yet easygoing relationship with the students. Students more reserved may feel unnerved at times by Vince's... Eccentricity, but he could better communicate with students in situations like these, where academics and hunter duties aren't involved. Stay safe and have fun,—these few words shouldn't be difficult to say, yet Eiichi could already envision how horribly awkward it will sound coming from his mouth.

Nothing can be done about it now. He tossed aside the thought of engaging his new students and instead went over to Cleo and Elise.

"The two of you, keep an eye on them. We don't know if the Faciete is planning anything else," Eiichi said, and looked towards a certain antique shop down the road. "I'll be at the shop you two went to for your summer assignment if you need me. Call me immediately if there is an emergency, understand?"

SilverBlack SilverBlack Nano Nano

Unexpected Event...?!

144506384_269938987921295_6671036986668255135_n.jpgThe small coffee shop was rather aesthetic in its interior design, with the bittersweet aroma of coffee filling the wooden structure of the tiny building itself. Aside from the barista behind the counter to whom a cup of various types of coffee could be requested, the shop itself was filled with multiple cabinets and even display-cases of different kinds of caffeinated drinks, coffee beans, coffee machines, coffee mugs, and more, from cheap to expensive. There are three small round tables with chairs placed next to the window facing the street for someone who’d like to stay and enjoy their coffee before leaving while observing the views outside. For someone obsessed with coffee, the shop would’ve been a pleasant discovery.

Adrian was the only one in the shop right now, as no other customers could be observed. Soft jazz played low in the background, adding another level of peace into the shop. Otherwise, there was no other sounds--supposedly, until a squeal was heard abruptly from a new customer who’d popped in through the door shortly after the otherworlder had entered.

Oh my god—are you--perhaps--that Adrian September, the Otherworlder?!

The owner of the voice, if Adrian was to note, comes from a short-purple-haired girl with one sparkling blue eye, the other covered by a black eyepatch. Her baby face was blooming with enthusiasm as her voice disrupted the peacefulness of the small coffee shop. Wearing a cute purple dress decorated with dark ribbons and black laces, she hurried to Adrian’s side with a clap of her hands. “Goodness, it’s really you, oh my god, an encounter with an Otherworlder! Third generation too—aaah! I! I watched the video! Like when you guys first got here. The overwhelming powers, just go swoosh! Boom! Bang! And then the Poex! Fuwah! Dead! So coooolll!” She waved her arms around as she described the whole deal, like an excited child who’d just encountered her favorite hero. The long, black laces around her danced along with her movement, fluttering around Adrian too, as if having their own souls.

Then, shutting her eyes tightly and turning her head away dramatically to the side, she went on in a low, mysterious tone. “I can see it—you guys have stimulated the dark forces—the powers eager to expose themselves and overwhelm ya’ll, the demon king...I know, the prince of darkness, of despair...Goodness!” She chirped, resuming to her high-pitched voice as she stared back at Adrian with a giant smile. “You know, you know! I think, I think you make a good prince of darkness! Look at that hopeless look and eye circles, the exhaustion toward the world! The hero who’d regained his lost memories, as the son of the demon king! Will he stay a hero?! Will be betray?!

Then, all of a sudden, her blue eye looked sharply toward Adrian’s side pocket. “What’s that! Could that be—!

In this most random encounter and moment, a white envelope could be seen sticking out from Adrian’s pocket. It was likely unknown when and how that envelope got there, and the mysterious girl didn’t seem to find it strange either. In fact, it seemed to ignite her excitement even more. She leaned forward and hurriedly snatched that envelope out, opening it and revealing a letter inside. She stared at the letter, her blue eyes widening in both surprise and delight.

It’s—as I expected! You have an invitation to the Faciete party! Oh my god! I have one too! I am invited too! They’d heard my curious spirits and answered my call. Maybe they’d heard yours too?”

With a loud gasp, she placed the letter back into his pocket and instead held up his hand with both of hers, innocent, sparkling eyes stared into Adrian’s dead ones.

I can’t believe you’re planning to attend the party too! It’s starting soon—would you like to go together? No. Let’s go together!!” She pleaded—or more so decided on her own. The hands that was holding onto his held on even more tightly, making one wonder if she’d even allow him to say no.

Interacted with: OldTurtle OldTurtle

橋本清
hashimoto kiyoshi
tags
n/a
For a brief, terrifying stretch of time, Kiyoshi thought that his exclusion from receiving a weapon was a result of his performance being evaluated as subpar — when Vince uttered, "Except for Kiyoshi," the blue-haired Otherworlder felt his heart drop like a stone, settling into his stomach like it would never climb back up. It seemed horrible, that he had hardly been in Lumen for any span of time at all, and already had proven himself lacking. He bit the inside of his cheek, doing his best to keep his anxieties from showing visibly on his face, and just barely refrained from startling when Vince turned to him.

“Kiyoshi," the instructor began, and Kiyoshi unconsciously found himself bracing for the worst, "the reason I have decided you do not need one is because you already have your katana that you are fully comfortable using. Until the need comes, it is unnecessary to force you to get used to an entirely new weapon."

It took a beat for that to settle. For his part, Kiyoshi blinked, a little thrown when he had been so expecting to be flayed by harsh criticism about his lackluster abilities — and then he remembered himself, bowing slightly at the waist with a formal, "Of course. Thank you, Professor." He was suddenly acutely grateful that, to his knowledge, they had no telepaths on the team. No doubt he would have embarrassed himself, rushing headfirst into the worst possible conclusion with absolutely no proof to go off of — but for all his capability in being able to evaluate most situations with a cool and level head, that very talent disappeared when it came to any sort of self-reflection.

The ring, thankfully, was something that he was given as well. He opened the compact jewelry box to inspect the sleek ring within, listening attentively as Vince described what the object was — not just an accessory, evidently, but instead a storage unit — and their options, in switching out the make or model or color. Kiyoshi was loathe to go to the pains of changing it out if this one would serve him well, and really, he was more than satisfied by what he found. The design was simple and far from flashy, and though he wasn't one to wear jewelry often, a ring shouldn't be too terribly difficult to adjust to. And though aesthetic value was low on his list, he thought it helped, that the sea blue color of the gem matched nicely with his hair. He doubted he would have gone out of his way to get another storage accessory item even if it had clashed horribly with his hair, with a gemstone that had been a violent magenta or something of the kid — but it was nice to not have that as an issue, regardless.

It was natural, to default to deferring to Cleo as a figure of authority as the Third Generation filed out. Considering how busy the first few days of their stay had been, it seemed... unexpected, for them to have so much freedom and leisure time now. Kiyoshi was half-expecting this to be some kind of test, or perhaps for some terrible Poex to materialize and ruin their outing. It seemed too good to be true — especially with the wide array of possibilities at their fingertips. Even from a cursory glance around the city, he saw more options than he could have ever imagined, and the money at his disposal wasn't even his. Logistically, he was vaguely curious as to where it came from. Did the school have some sort of emergency fund set up, for whenever a handful of students would just pop out of thin air into their world?

But he supposed, ultimately, it didn't matter where the money came from. What mattered was that he had access to it, and that he had to be careful to spend it responsibly. He noted that Cleo mentioned to not go alone, but by the time he turned back to his peers, they had all naturally paired off — and his roommate had already wandered off, to get his caffeine fix. (Kiyoshi wondered, privately, if Adrian had any blood left in his body, or if it were coffee that flowed through his veins instead. He was a little worried for the other boy's health. One couldn't run on caffeine alone.) In any case, Kiyoshi felt awkward inviting himself along if that invitation had not already been extended, and he was more than alright with spending time himself. Back home, before everything he knew had been flipped on his head, he usually spent most of his days with only sparse interaction from others.

There was no harm in window-shopping, really, until he found something that caught his eye. And as it turned out, it didn't take long for that to happen, because he'd hardly been looking for more than five minutes before he was ducking into a store. Small, it had only a handful of people milling about; the interior had little to no artificial lighting, relying almost entirely on the natural light that streamed in through the windows. Quiet music, like that of wind chimes, played in the background.

It was one of the many stationery stores throughout the city, but it seemed more than satisfactory for some casual browsing — and Kiyoshi was a person fond of both calligraphy and reading, and he supposed it wouldn't hurt, to see if he could find materials for either. Some volumes for some light reading, or calligraphy brushes or inkwells. Considering the high-stress nature of this new lifestyle, he was sure he would appreciate some kind of activity, to steady himself and relax when he had downtime.
code by Nano Nano

ADRIAN SEPTEMBER

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy

Coffee

The quiet tranquility within the small coffee shop was in sharp contrast with the frenetic pace of activity outside. Whereas the square bustled with pedestrians, the store appeared to be all but deserted, its only occupants being the barista behind his counter, the coffee upon its shelves, and now Adrian. The door he'd entered through closed quietly behind his back as Adrian moved further within the shop. The familiar, intense scent of coffee immediately enveloped the boy, drawing him forward almost instinctually. Adrian stopped before the counter and placed his order with the barista, stepping aside to quietly await his main source of sustenance.

As he stood in silence, Adrian cast a probing gaze at the contents of the coffee shop. Neatly decorated and almost picturesque, the room reminded him of home. Before... everything that had happened, he'd frequented establishments like this one. A source of reliable peace and quiet, his local coffee shop had been something akin to a sanctuary for years. Now, Adrian questioned whether he would ever step foot in it again. He - and the rest of the Third Generation - had adapted to the new environment with surprising swiftness, it being all too easy to fall into routine and acclimate over the past weeks. Given how busy he had become, Adrian hadn't had the time to get homesick but here, where he might as well have never left his world, the deep yearning tugged at his throat. As much as he enjoyed Lumen and the company of his companions - and he did, despite their antics and how little he showed it - two weeks wasn't enough to overwrite eighteen years.

Adrian heaved a sigh and stared out the street-side window at the activity beyond, drumming his fingers quietly against the counter. How pointless was it to be thinking these things? There was nothing he or anyone else could do about their situation and all remaining fixated on these thoughts would do was distract him.

Thankfully, the presence of another customer served to prevent Adrian from being consumed by his mind. Having missed the opening of the store's front door whilst occupied with his thoughts, it was a loud squeal that keyed him into her presence first. Startled by the sudden noise in the previously subdued coffee shop, Adrian flinched. He turned his gaze away from the large window towards the source of the cry: a massive, walking red flag.

“Oh my god—are you--perhaps--that Adrian September, the Otherworlder?!”

Massive in magnitude, not size. The speaker, despite the loudness of her voice, was rather small and wore a lacy, elaborate outfit that wouldn't have looked out of place on a Halloween night. Topped off with hair a shade of purple as odd as Kiyoshi's and a black eyepatch, the strange girl had the most unique appearance of anyone Adrian had met so far.

To make matters worse, she recognized him. Adrian was under no illusions about the renown of the Otherworlders, but this was the first time anyone had approached him after leaving academy grounds. As the girl swept up to him, Adrian began to regret leaving the others. Perhaps there had been safety in numbers after all.

"Goodness, it’s really you, oh my god, an encounter with an Otherworlder! Third generation too—aaah!" The excited girl flapped her arms wildly. "I! I watched the video! Like when you guys first got here. The overwhelming powers, just go swoosh! Boom! Bang! And then the Poex! Fuwah! Dead! So coooolll!”

Adrian coughed awkwardly as he stood, trapped between the counter and the animated girl. He cast a desperate glance backwards at the barista, only to find that the man had disappeared behind some corner, leaving the two alone. Suddenly, the coffee shop felt much less relaxing. As she continued to chat rapidly, Adrian prayed for some sort of diversion - a fire alarm, an explosion, a Poex attack, a meteorite, anything at all - to provide him with an opportunity to escape to no avail.

“You know, you know! I think, I think you make a good prince of darkness!" She gasped dramatically. "Look at that hopeless look and eye circles, the exhaustion toward the world! The hero who’d regained his lost memories, as the son of the demon king! Will he stay a hero?! Will be betray?!”

Ah. So she was insane. An insane, Otherworlder-obsessed groupie. Adrian lost all hope of making a speedy exit. Swallowed by his despair and slightly overwhelmed by purple-hair's pace, the Otherworlder didn't attempt to stop the lunatic as she moved closer and snatched the envelope from his pocket. Hm? Wait- envelope? Since when did Adrian have an envelope? As the still-unnamed girl busied herself with examining the envelope, Adrian rifled through his pockets hurriedly, finding nothing more beyond his phone.

“It’s—as I expected! You have an invitation to the Faciete party! Oh my god! I have one too! I am invited too!" Purple-hair practically vibrated with excitement. "They’d heard my curious spirits and answered my call. Maybe they’d heard yours too?”

'Curious spirits-' that aside, there was one other thing she said that drew Adrian's attention. The Faciete. That wasn't a name he was likely to forget anytime soon, not when the 'security concern' that had confined him to the academy's grounds was the attack they had staged against the Second Generation, leaving Jun comatose. No, that was difficult to forget. The thought that an incredibly dangerous organization capable of such things had somehow managed to slip an envelope into his pocket without Adrian ever noticing was a chilling one. It would have been just as easy to slip a knife between his ribs. When had this happened? On the bus? In the square? He struggled to restrain his urge to curse. Suddenly, being alone was more perilous than a simple hindrance.

Purple-hair stuffed the letter and its envelope back into his pocket just as swiftly as she had removed them, leaving Adrian no time to reply to her questions, hypothetical as they were. Seizing his right hand with both of theirs, she stared up at him disconcertingly. Adrian rankled at her touch and subtly attempted to extract his gloved right hand. Failing to escape her vice grip, he relented.

“I can’t believe you’re planning to attend the party too! It’s starting soon—would you like to go together? No. Let’s go together!!” Her hands tightened. Was she in league with the Faciete? Had this entire thing been some kind of set-up? The barista was still gone. Him too? No- no. That wasn't quite right. What was the purpose of the invitation if he was going to be ambushed as well. This was just a coffee shop and the barista was just making his order. Even purple-hair, suspicious as she was, didn't appear to mean him any harm. Not at the moment at least. That much, he was sure of.

As if on cue, the barista returned to the counter, bearing Adrian's order in his hands. He reached over and received the tall, insulated cup with his free hand, grateful for the excuse it gave him to delay his response. Taking a long pull from the container, Adrian watched purple-hair as she continued to stare up at him hopefully. Rejecting the invitation was a bad idea. Accepting it was a worse one. Unfortunately, it didn't seem as if he had much of a choice in the matter. Even putting the girl and her intensity aside, if the Faciete had gone out of their way to invite him to some secret meeting, they likely wouldn't take too kindly to his rejecting it. If it came down to a fight, he doubted that any of his companions would be able to provide support in time.

A refusal could be taken as a sign of aggression and Adrian didn't like his chances against them alone, even if his only other choice was going to them himself. But in that aspect, Adrian realized as he examined the short girl before him, he wasn't entirely optionless. While she was far from trustworthy, purple-hair held some strange sort of goodwill towards him and was clearly far more knowledgeable about the situation. Accompanying her was a safer option and if worst came to worse, he could always flee from her before they ever arrived at the party. Adrian sipped from the cup again.

Besides, it wasn't as if anyone had told him not to accompany suspicious girls to suspicious meetings of wanted criminals.

"Alright," he accepted purple-hair's demand, his first words since she'd entered the shop. He downed the remainder of his coffee and wrenched his hand from hers. "I don't mind, but give me a moment before we go."

Leaving without waiting to hear her response, Adrian slipped away from the counter and headed into the restroom. Once inside, he removed the envelope from his pocket again, practically tearing it apart to expose the letter within.

You are invited to the reception.

Its contents were as minimal as could be. No location, no time, no information of any kind. Regardless, Adrian pressed the letter flat against the restroom's countertop and switched on his phone, directing its camera towards the words. Taking a single photo, he sent it to his roommate, Kiyoshi - the person who came to mind first - with a short message: 'Send help.'

That done, Adrian returned the letter and his phone to their respective pockets. Clearing his throat loudly and slipping his gloves off, he turned on the sink's faucet and ran his hands under the water for the next ten seconds. Hopefully, he'd be able to avoid purple-hair's suspicion. He shut off the water and quickly dried his hands, pulling on his gloves as he exited the restroom. Look natural, look natural.

As much as he wished he didn't have to send such a cryptic message, Adrian had no other information to send and couldn't afford to waste time trying to explain the situation with purple-hair around. No, he'd have to trust that Kiyoshi and the others would be able to figure something out on their own.

"Lead the way, Purple," Adrian sighed as he approached the girl again, straightening the hem of his coat. "Let's not be late."

INTERACTIONS: SilverBlack SilverBlack vxnilla vxnilla
MENTIONS: None

The quiet tranquility within the small coffee shop was in sharp contrast with the frenetic pace of activity outside. Whereas the square bustled with pedestrians, the store appeared to be all but deserted, its only occupants being the barista behind his counter, the coffee upon its shelves, and now Adrian. The door he'd entered through closed quietly behind his back as Adrian moved further within the shop. The familiar, intense scent of coffee immediately enveloped the boy, drawing him forward almost instinctually. Adrian stopped before the counter and placed his order with the barista, stepping aside to quietly await his main source of sustenance.

As he stood in silence, Adrian cast a probing gaze at the contents of the coffee shop. Neatly decorated and almost picturesque, the room reminded him of home. Before... everything that had happened, he'd frequented establishments like this one. A source of reliable peace and quiet, his local coffee shop had been something akin to a sanctuary for years. Now, Adrian questioned whether he would ever step foot in it again. He - and the rest of the Third Generation - had adapted to the new environment with surprising swiftness, it being all too easy to fall into routine and acclimate over the past weeks. Given how busy he had become, Adrian hadn't had the time to get homesick but here, where he might as well have never left his world, the deep yearning tugged at his throat. As much as he enjoyed Lumen and the company of his companions - and he did, despite their antics and how little he showed it - two weeks wasn't enough to overwrite eighteen years.

Adrian heaved a sigh and stared out the street-side window at the activity beyond, drumming his fingers quietly against the counter. How pointless was it to be thinking these things? There was nothing he or anyone else could do about their situation and all remaining fixated on these thoughts would do was distract him.

Thankfully, the presence of another customer served to prevent Adrian from being consumed by his mind. Having missed the opening of the store's front door whilst occupied with his thoughts, it was a loud squeal that keyed him into her presence first. Startled by the sudden noise in the previously subdued coffee shop, Adrian flinched. He turned his gaze away from the large window towards the source of the cry: a massive, walking red flag.

“Oh my god—are you--perhaps--that Adrian September, the Otherworlder?!”

Massive in magnitude, not size. The speaker, despite the loudness of her voice, was rather small and wore a lacy, elaborate outfit that wouldn't have looked out of place on a Halloween night. Topped off with hair a shade of purple as odd as Kiyoshi's and a black eyepatch, the strange girl had the most unique appearance of anyone Adrian had met so far.

To make matters worse, she recognized him. Adrian was under no illusions about the renown of the Otherworlders, but this was the first time anyone had approached him after leaving academy grounds. As the girl swept up to him, Adrian began to regret leaving the others. Perhaps there had been safety in numbers after all.

"Goodness, it’s really you, oh my god, an encounter with an Otherworlder! Third generation too—aaah!" The excited girl flapped her arms wildly. "I! I watched the video! Like when you guys first got here. The overwhelming powers, just go swoosh! Boom! Bang! And then the Poex! Fuwah! Dead! So coooolll!”

Adrian coughed awkwardly as he stood, trapped between the counter and the animated girl. He cast a desperate glance backwards at the barista, only to find that the man had disappeared behind some corner, leaving the two alone. Suddenly, the coffee shop felt much less relaxing. As she continued to chat rapidly, Adrian prayed for some sort of diversion - a fire alarm, an explosion, a Poex attack, a meteorite, anything at all - to provide him with an opportunity to escape to no avail.

“You know, you know! I think, I think you make a good prince of darkness!" She gasped dramatically. "Look at that hopeless look and eye circles, the exhaustion toward the world! The hero who’d regained his lost memories, as the son of the demon king! Will he stay a hero?! Will be betray?!”

Ah. So she was insane. An insane, Otherworlder-obsessed groupie. Adrian lost all hope of making a speedy exit. Swallowed by his despair and slightly overwhelmed by purple-hair's pace, the Otherworlder didn't attempt to stop the lunatic as she moved closer and snatched the envelope from his pocket. Hm? Wait- envelope? Since when did Adrian have an envelope? As the still-unnamed girl busied herself with examining the envelope, Adrian rifled through his pockets hurriedly, finding nothing more beyond his phone.

“It’s—as I expected! You have an invitation to the Faciete party! Oh my god! I have one too! I am invited too!" Purple-hair practically vibrated with excitement. "They’d heard my curious spirits and answered my call. Maybe they’d heard yours too?”

'Curious spirits-' that aside, there was one other thing she said that drew Adrian's attention. The Faciete. That wasn't a name he was likely to forget anytime soon, not when the 'security concern' that had confined him to the academy's grounds was the attack they had staged against the Second Generation, leaving Jun comatose. No, that was difficult to forget. The thought that an incredibly dangerous organization capable of such things had somehow managed to slip an envelope into his pocket without Adrian ever noticing was a chilling one. It would have been just as easy to slip a knife between his ribs. When had this happened? On the bus? In the square? He struggled to restrain his urge to curse. Suddenly, being alone was more perilous than a simple hindrance.

Purple-hair stuffed the letter and its envelope back into his pocket just as swiftly as she had removed them, leaving Adrian no time to reply to her questions, hypothetical as they were. Seizing his right hand with both of theirs, she stared up at him disconcertingly. Adrian rankled at her touch and subtly attempted to extract his gloved right hand. Failing to escape her vice grip, he relented.

“I can’t believe you’re planning to attend the party too! It’s starting soon—would you like to go together? No. Let’s go together!!” Her hands tightened. Was she in league with the Faciete? Had this entire thing been some kind of set-up? The barista was still gone. Him too? No- no. That wasn't quite right. What was the purpose of the invitation if he was going to be ambushed as well. This was just a coffee shop and the barista was just making his order. Even purple-hair, suspicious as she was, didn't appear to mean him any harm. Not at the moment at least. That much, he was sure of.

As if on cue, the barista returned to the counter, bearing Adrian's order in his hands. He reached over and received the tall, insulated cup with his free hand, grateful for the excuse it gave him to delay his response. Taking a long pull from the container, Adrian watched purple-hair as she continued to stare up at him hopefully. Rejecting the invitation was a bad idea. Accepting it was a worse one. Unfortunately, it didn't seem as if he had much of a choice in the matter. Even putting the girl and her intensity aside, if the Faciete had gone out of their way to invite him to some secret meeting, they likely wouldn't take too kindly to his rejecting it. If it came down to a fight, he doubted that any of his companions would be able to provide support in time.

A refusal could be taken as a sign of aggression and Adrian didn't like his chances against them alone, even if his only other choice was going to them himself. But in that aspect, Adrian realized as he examined the short girl before him, he wasn't entirely optionless. While she was far from trustworthy, purple-hair held some strange sort of goodwill towards him and was clearly far more knowledgeable about the situation. Accompanying her was a safer option and if worst came to worse, he could always flee from her before they ever arrived at the party. Adrian sipped from the cup again.

Besides, it wasn't as if anyone had told him not to accompany suspicious girls to suspicious meetings of wanted criminals.

"Alright," he accepted purple-hair's demand, his first words since she'd entered the shop. He downed the remainder of his coffee and wrenched his hand from hers. "I don't mind, but give me a moment before we go."

Leaving without waiting to hear her response, Adrian slipped away from the counter and headed into the restroom. Once inside, he removed the envelope from his pocket again, practically tearing it apart to expose the letter within.

You are invited to the reception.

Its contents were as minimal as could be. No location, no time, no information of any kind. Regardless, Adrian pressed the letter flat against the restroom's countertop and switched on his phone, directing its camera towards the words. Taking a single photo, he sent it to his roommate, Kiyoshi - the person who came to mind first - with a short message: 'Send help.'

That done, Adrian returned the letter and his phone to their respective pockets. Clearing his throat loudly and slipping his gloves off, he turned on the sink's faucet and ran his hands under the water for the next ten seconds. Hopefully, he'd be able to avoid purple-hair's suspicion. He shut off the water and quickly dried his hands, pulling on his gloves as he exited the restroom. Look natural, look natural.

As much as he wished he didn't have to send such a cryptic message, Adrian had no other information to send and couldn't afford to waste time trying to explain the situation with purple-hair around. No, he'd have to trust that Kiyoshi and the others would be able to figure something out on their own.

"Lead the way, Purple," Adrian sighed as he approached the girl again, straightening the hem of his coat. "Let's not be late."

Ravyn

Health

Stamina

Magical Energy
SHOPPING!!!!!!

Ravyn had thought the froggy sweatshirt was a good find, but with Usami's reaction, she immediately knew it was perfect. The redhead grinned from ear to ear. Even if it was subtle, Usami's blush made her just tickled pink. She followed the girl as she grabbed a scarf and headed to check out.

"Agh... I'm starving."

Ding ding! Magic words! As Ravyn put her things on the counter to pay, she pulled out her phone and checked the map.
"Well, let's get something to eat then! What is it you like... buchi balls? Is that right? There's a place not too far from here!"

She picked up her bags, paid, and gave the cashier a wink, much to the poor sap's bewilderment. Kiyoshi should be glad to know he wasn't the sole target of her subtle flirtations. That got her thinking. She should probably give Kiyoshi a break. After all, he wasn't the only hot Otherworlder. She could use her energies to try and set up Hana and Fredi, though they seemed to be carrying along without her help as it is. Cleo might be a dangerous bet, but still an option. Well, maybe more like a last resort but still. Doing a mental tally, there would be one person who consistently popped: Adrian. This could be retribution for the first night where he left his poor roommate stranded. not to mention she had her eyes on him from the very beginning. He seemed to stiffly avoid her. Ravyn ought to... loosen him up a bit. Yup, she'd made up her mind. If they ran into Adrian in shopping, Ravyn's flirt game would be on. Now to think of the perfect pickup line...

Using directions from her phone, Ravyn flounced through the streets with an arm looped through Usami's. In the kindest way possible, she had no choice in the matter. The buchi ball stand drew nearer. It sat in a little square within the square with little tables and a quaint fountain in the center.

"Oh, this place is so cute! We definitely have to take some pictures later!" she looked over at the stand. "Y'know, I've never had these before. What exactly are they?"

Whatever it was sure smelled good, but the only thing she could think of was the bocci balls you used to play with in the back yard. Those surely weren't edible. Today, Ravyn decided, would be a culinary adventure!

Hah. Noob. I really don't feel like copy-pasting today ♥

Elise Friedhelm.

“Miss Friedhelm. Again?”

Elise shuffled her feet against the turf nervously. The voice on the other side sighed more so in exasperation rather than disdain, but the silver-haired girl could still feel the judgemental aura emanating from her phone. In the end, the nurse went along with her strange request once again, but the lady’s strained tone as they said their goodbyes made it clear that she hadn’t been all too pleased. Not that Elise could blame her. It wasn’t every day that a student asked to bring food (that would ultimately never be eaten) instead of fresh flowers for an unconscious hospital patient.

“Flowers are for gravestones, not a windowsill in a hospital ward,” she had reasoned. Still, she couldn’t walk in barehanded, so she had opted for her friend’s favorite thing in its stead. Jun wouldn’t be able to eat it, but hopefully its presence would let him dream of crepes while he rested. Would tempting him with his favorite dessert pry those eyes open faster?

The first two crêpes Elise had delivered had been hastily handmade, but the trip out to the city square granted her the opportunity to bring Jun something more proper during her third visit. Thus, while Cleo informed the third generation students of the various shops lined up in the city square, Elise was busy cycling through the various stores and stands that Jun liked to frequent for his regular fill of crêpes. However, the crêpe that had received the most amount of praise from Jun continued to elude her memory.

"The two of you, keep an eye on them. We don't know if the Faciete is planning anything else," Eiichi’s voice cut in, drawing Elise’s eyes towards the group of students that their history professor had been referring to.

“With all due respect, they’ve already spread and scattered, sir.” Should Elise have uttered such words, she wasn’t sure what kind of withering look Professor Kikuchi would grace her with. The girl’s only response in the end was a simple nod with her lips drawn taut. Well, she was sure that the man didn’t mean it literally. It wouldn’t do for the Third Generation’s first trip out into the city to be ruined by two people stalking after them like a pair of journalists hungry for a scoop.

Keeping in mind to restrict her search for groceries and crêpes to the general vicinity, Elise took her turn to split from the group. Should anything happen, she trusted whoever it was to inform the rest of the students in their group.

Adrian’s acceptance to go with her to the Faciete party made the purple-haired girl’s eyes glow up with enthusiasm and delight. She was almost going to aim to hug his entire arm now but then Adrian had told her to wait a bit and hurried and left instead. Therefore, the girl ended up just standing there, eyes wide looking eagerly in the direction that the male had just walked off of, so that by the time he came back he’d be immediately greeted by her huge, innocent smile again.

My name is not Purple!” Displeased eventually by the way Adrian called her, however, that smile faded immediately into a dissatisfied pout as soon as Adrian addressed her by a color. “My name is—“ she got ready for a pose. “Violetta~~Shadowheart!!!” She swung her arms out. Indeed. That is a name she had come up with herself. Her real name, of course, something such as Jane Smith, is not worth mentioning. It is not Purple either. She was as proud in her “true, destined” name as she was in her successful self introduction to Adrian just now.

As soon as that was over though, her accomplished grin turned into a frown. Crossing her arms, she began to eye Adrian up and down, then shook her head. “No, no. Now, I understand how enthusiastic you are to attend the party. But what you are wearing right now is no good, no good at all! We must dress you up! Now, follow me, our long lost demon prince!” In that instant, the long, black laces around her that was originally just floating about seemed to bounce back to life with even more energy than before, and suddenly it shot forward at Adrian and tied itself around one of his arms just as Violetta herself had turned around and ventured to the door. 152867929_427881671849938_3248667133341502649_n.jpg
What followed, then, was more so an one-sided shopping where the other was practically dragged along, but it was fun nonetheless. Violetta had eagerly stated at first that the only thing they need is a fancy jacket and a fancy hat—but no, now it’s gotta be a full set. What she ended up reaching for was a flamboyant, bright red suit with extravagant designs and embroideries. “Now strip!” She had firmly ordered when she pushed him into the dressing room, and had squealed when he stepped out—ahh, how matching! This man should wear this everyday! Perfect, from the top to the bottom! He is set. He is the demon prince. Now as for the very last thing...

152741313_3502084629903580_1810524406751225792_n.jpgWe must get you a masquerade mask!” She mused at last, this time holding onto Adrian’s hand as she once again dragged him to another shop—

Surprisingly, this whole process didn’t take too long. Violetta picked clothes rather quickly, her mind settling on something just after a quick look around. By the time the coffee boy had fully transformed into an extravagantly fancy demon prince with a red masquerade mask that conveniently hid his dark eye circles, the girl was also wearing a mask of her own. She had brought him forth to an alley just behind the masquerade mask store. The alleyway reached to a dead end, but by the wall at the end was a single, wooden door. The word “Storage” was labeled on the door, indicating that this should’ve been some storage space for some stores. 152978661_498089704926850_2923060189674749910_n.jpg

This thing only works one time, so make sure we go in together!” Violetta warned as she walked to the door and turned the door knob. It was locked. Violetta was not discouraged. “Now, that’s all I know. Let me figure out how this works!

She spent another good minute trying to pick the lock, slipping the invitation underneath the gap between the door and the ground, or just forcing the door open in general. Then, she slapped the invitation against the wooden door, and after a moment as if this has done the trick, the door clicked.

Good bless! Darkness has accepted me once more!

She cheered as she opened the door. What greeted them was a long, narrow dark path, with the exact same width as the door itself. A lit candle was placed on the wall to the right one meter away from each other, providing the faintest source of light. This was not a storage at all. However, it may very well just be a storage the next time the door’s opened.

The path was straight without any turns, but it seemed to go on forever. The more they walked, the wider the pathway seemed to have become as well, until they could finally walk again side by side. It was after 5 minutes in when a door could finally be spotted at the very end. This time, it was a double dark-wood door with golden frame.

Taking a deep breath, Violetta let out a small squeal. “You ready?” She whispered excitedly. Then before hearing a response, she’d placed her hands on the knob—

—On The Other End—

Sure, Kiyoshi may have received a rescue request from his coffee-deprived roommate, but reality would not allow him to act immediately. Almost as soon as his phone dinged of the message, the handsome looking boy had already caught the attention of some girls inside the same stationery shop. To be honest, stationery shops have always been a favorite go-to for girls too with the different kinds of cute notebooks, pencil cases, and more that exist inside. And now, a cute boy too? And to add on, isn’t he that new Otherworlder from the news?! The charming princely otherworlder who immediately made them swoon?

“E-excuse me, you’re Hashimoto Kiyoshi, right?”

Shortly after they’d recognized him, two girls had boldly approached the blue-haired male. They’d be blushing a little, hands clutching tightly onto their phones. “If you don’t mind, can we take a picture with you?”

Perhaps that initiative triggered something. Soon, the rest of the stationery shop would be filled with whispers.

“They want to take pictures with him? Not fair, I want too—“

“I need more than a picture, I need to shake hands—“

“I need a signature—“

“I-is it too much to ask for a hug—“

“Is he a stationary too? Can I buy him home—“

“What are all these crazy girls saying when he’s the one entering my shop—“

As if the girls’ jealous and eager energy have vibed together, they soon mixed and combined and turned into something more than just whispers. Forming into a group of powerful fangirls, they began to crowd toward Kiyoshi with such ferocity enough to compare to maybe even a tiny Poex.

“Kiyoshi~!” They would be calling, and then what they’d previously been whispering about would be repeated and amplified this time toward their new love target.

While Kiyoshi would be facing the overwhelming fangirl energy, Frederika and Hanna were not freed from such kind of eventual fate too. As they were leisurely shopping, a guy would’ve walked up to them. He was very slender and thin in figure, even bony.

“Hey, you two are the Otherworlders right? I just want to say that even though there’s a lot of negativity toward you guys out there, I’ll be your biggest fan. Frederika..and Hanna right? I saw your videos fighting the Poex and also defending against the bullies at lunch...You two make such powerful, strong duo! I aspire to be like you guys.”

He scratched the back of his head as he said with slight embarrassment. “Haha, that’s all I have to say, I shall take my leave—“

“Dude, did you just say Frederika von Eisenhart?!” Suddenly, from behind, the poor bony man was abruptly pushed away by another male who forced his way up to them. Then, the male took one look at the strong and mighty female before going down onto his knee.

“Please take me in as your disciple!”

Soon, more voices will be crowding in.

“Oh? Is that the Otherworlder Frederika? Oh my god those weapons...Oh, Hanna’s there too! Sweetie, can you let me go for awhile?” A couple could be heard saying, then the boyfriend let go of the girlfriend’s hands

“Nah, I really like Hanna so I’ll go with you!” The girlfriend cheerfully responded as they both walked up to the duo.

“Aaah—! Look at that towering, mighty figure! The muscles! Those huge weapons! Her strength! Frederika, I bet she’s the greatest role model out there!” Some girls could be heard squealing.

“Fools! I shall challenge her to a duo!” A guy interrupted the fangirl talk with a loud exclamation, but his head was quickly smacked by another guy from behind. “That is no way to speak to our master.” He nodded at the man who was still kneeling on the ground in approval.

“I’m more of a Hanna fan—she’s so light and fast, she gives me really cool vibe! And her power is fire isn’t it? Hnnngg~”

“Hanna fans, raise your hands!”

Among the crowd, people’s hands shot up eagerly.

“Fred is the light while Hanna’s the shadow—“

“W-would you mind giving me a princess lift?” Suddenly, another male spoke directly to Frederika.

“Hanna, take a selfie with me! Would you?” Some girls popped up next to the raven-haired female.

Even on Ravyn’s side, the red-haired female had caught the eyes of many males too, stopping their actions to take a look at the girl.

At Elise's end, a mother and child had walked up to her, with the child holding onto two balloons. As the child saw Elise, a big grin formed from her face as she ran up to her and handed one blue balloon to her.

"Here's one for you, big sister!" The child had said. "I wish all things go well for you! We will always be cheering for you!"

It seemed like going to the city today had allowed the Otherworlders to realize that there’s still a lot of positivity rooting for them, in all kinds of forms.

—-----

Adrian was excluded from such, as he would find himself in a dimly-lit room alone. Alone, because as soon as Violetta had brought him into the room, the delicious desserts at the corner had caught her attention, and she had disappeared within the crowds of..well, Faciete members.

Perhaps the warm lighting from the hanging chandeliers would provide some sort of comfort.

Everyone were wearing formal outfits, some were rather extravagant too. In this sense, what Adrian was wearing may not be too eye-catching. Though it is definitely still somewhat fancier than the others. It was hard to see what they look like—after all, all of them were wearing masquerade masks.

The huge party room was consisted of multiple, round tables covered with pure white table clothes. Plates of food were placed on top along with expensive wines. Some tables had chairs placed around them. A huge stage could be seen at the front with a nice decent space separating the stage from the tables, creating a small but decent dancing space. Long tables on the edges have various types of food, small orchestra bands played along the side. Low chatters echoed through the whole space, filled with giggles and chuckles.

The party room belonged to a five star hotel located at the center of the Main Street from Raevedel Square, surrounded by luxurious stores and restaurants. Named the Lautin Hotel, even its table wares used in the party was its own brand. Perhaps, this party was possible not only because of enough budget from the organization, but because someone, likely one of the upper-up’s, from the hotel, had helped with the sponsoring...?

With plenty of confusion and questions left unanswered for Adrian to think over, the dim lights from the rook would suddenly went off. Instead, the stage lights would be turned on instead. Chatters stopped along with the music, and everyone turned their attention to the stage.

---
Interacted/Mentioned: Nano Nano OldTurtle OldTurtle PixelSymphony PixelSymphony Nessi Nessi vxnilla vxnilla

zpaK1dB.jpg
Accompanied by applause from the party guests, a man stepped onto the stage. He was well past his prime, with a head of white hair and wrinkles marking his face, but his striking features and the easy smile hanging on his lips were enough to suggest the type of charmer he was in his youth. With his perfect posture and the confidence behind his steps, one would wonder whether the cane in his hand was purely an aesthetic choice.

He stood at the center of the stage and swept his gaze over the room.

"Good afternoon, my friends," he said. Though there wasn't a mic in sight, his voice was clear and reached the far end of the room. "I'd like to take this opportunity to humbly express my gratitude, both for your attendance today, and for appointing me as leader of our organization."

On the other side of the room, a young lady crept up behind Adrian and settled a hand on his shoulder to catch his attention.

aC7nE25.jpg
"Hello. Adrian, yes?" she whispered. She had dark purple hair and wore a dress of the same shade, almost reminiscent of Violetta. But unlike the boisterous and eccentric girl, this lady's voice was light and airy. "You can call me Iris. I'm sorry that my sister left you here, but she'll be right back." Iris eyed the man on the stage. "His name is Gustav D. Altergott. He was elected as the new leader of the Faciete after the previous one stepped down. Everyone here is in support of him. Well, almost everyone."

She offered him a wry smile.

Gustav continued on, "I would like to clarify that despite my new title, I am fully committed to continue working alongside you in pursuit of our shared goal." He paused and inclined his head, the easy smile disappearing from his face. "Indeed, our shared goal, the path that will lead us to true salvation... Many of our brothers and sisters still believe that we have strayed from Faciete's original ideals, but our purpose has ever been to free us all from the doom and destruction that lay ahead of us. Is that not the case?"Murmurs of agreement sounded from the guests. "Keep in mind, I do not mean to antagonize them. After all, despite our conflicting viewpoints on how to move forward, all of us are striving for salvation. We who have gathered here today have found a new way to forge forward, and they simply have yet to open their eyes to the results that we have produced.

Many of you likely still remember the incident that occurred at Fangen Theater two years ago. Years of research and experimentation, and our tireless labor bore fruit. We were able to take the Otherworlder, Rei Fey, under our wing with the energy released from the Lux that we've procured. What followed was an unfortunate twist of event that led to his death, and that of several of his peers who could have become our stalwart allies. The Vehemen Hunters Association..."
his mouth twisted into a sneer, but it was gone as quickly as it had come. "We were painted as the villains after the incident. I concede, the destruction had not been within our predictions, but the power produced by Rei Fey is testament to the feasibility of our plans. And my friends, fortune smiles upon us once more. A new generation of Otherworlders has descended upon Lumen. I can sense their raw potential. With their prowess and our knowledge of Lux and Poex, each and every single one of these new Otherworlders has the ability to become the new Rei Fey and aid us in our ambition. It is my wish that you, my brothers and sisters, will walk alongside me as we see our vision fulfilled in the near future."

Gustav bowed and exited the stage amidst the applause of the crowd.

"That speech must have sounded confusing to you. Everyone here is privy to the plans that Gustav was talking about, so he probably didn't see the need to elaborate," Iris said as the party resumed. "We can't keep you here for long, so I'll try to explain what I can. But tell me, what did you think or understand about what Gustav said?"

OldTurtle OldTurtle

usami

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

eve

Heart Ocean

After paying for her clothes, Usami read the contents of her receipt. Her eyebrows creased once she saw the individual prices. Who would have thought a chunky scarf could be so costly? Usami peeked inside her shopping bag. It looked nothing special to her, but oh well. This was what she got for shopping so impulsively.

She went rigid as a rock once her counterpart linked their arm with hers. She gave Ravyn a mixed expression of "we talked about the touching" and "did she say what I think she said?".

In the course of a few weeks, Usami must have brought up her favored snack and how the self-proclaimed delicacy known as a buchi ball was one of the few things Usami would miss as she adapted to this new world. So, there was no stopping the combined doubt and hopefulness when Ravyn claimed she found a spot. It was enough for Usami to bear with the redhead and follow along.

They ventured to where 'X' marked the spot with nothing but a leisure pace and their shopping bags in hand. It was almost enjoyable for Usami, who normally didn't find enjoyment in many things... Almost.

Usami began to notice the onlookers. The lingering eyes were like waves brushing against the shore the further they walked by shops and crowded kiosks. Right off the bat, she knew they weren't looking at her, but at the young beauty stuck to her side. She cringed to herself, especially since they were mainly males who stopped in their tracks to sneak a look. Luckily, being the way Usami was, she didn't have to undergo such problems. That didn't excuse the discomfort though.

Usami's occupied arm tightened itself, subconsciously, and found her legs picked up a faster pace, pulling Ravyn along in the process.
"For some reason, I feel like hitting something,"
she thought, suddenly eyeing a male they happened to walk by. Usami glanced over at Ravyn and wondered if she noticed the attention as much as she did.

Upon their arrival at the buchi ball stand, Usami took a waft of the familiar scent of toasted sesame and frying oil.

"Oh, this place is so cute! We definitely have to take some pictures later! Y'know, I've never had these before. What exactly are they?"

The dark-haired girl went over to a vacant, white table and set her bag down. She never took her eyes off the stand.
"It tastes like home,"
she said absentmindedly and watched as the buchi man fished out a set of balls from the pool of hot oil. She gestured for Ravyn to sit down and offered to get the food herself. This was not an opportunity she wanted to miss. So, not a moment was wasted as Usami made a beeline toward the food line.

She patiently waited for her turn, leaning against her cane and craning her neck to see how much further she had to go. When she obtained the food, Usami couldn't wait to sit down. She reached in with one of the skewers and popped a fried ball in her mouth. It was enough to stop her in her tracks. There was a sudden rush of emotion- nostalgia, longing, homesickness- that overcame the dull girl. It made her miss her parents and her childhood- the only golden days in her life. Perhaps that's why she was so obsessed.

Usami shook her head, swallowed her food, and made her return to Ravyn.

♡coded by uxie♡

-- Weak point --

Location: Raevedel City, Raevedel Square, Gustav's Fine Wayfarer's Supply

---

Frederika had been trying on a set of leather gauntlets that looked like they would suit her needs well, being sturdy enough to keep her wrists in check while not looking terribly out of place with her uniform and the new set of knee-high combat boots she'd gotten, when the willowy fellow approached, his awkward stance and demeanor quite confusing to the notoriously intense Prussian. "At the risk of creating another incident, yes, yes we are. We are merely shopping, we do not intended to... excuse me?" The blonde girl halted her carefully worded response as she realized what the boy was saying. "You... you are a fan?" She blinked quietly as she tried to comprehend what was said. "I'm afraid I don't understand, what about us is particularly worth of... oh, I see." Further and further she strayed from being in her element, and her stunted social abilities began to demonstrate themselves. "W-wait... the actions we performed... I don't... why would that be..."

The sudden shout of her name made her start, and she looked up at the approaching man who suddenly dropped to one knee. "Oh no... that... no please do not... please do not kneel at me, I am no one worthy of instruction, I have only begun my own..." Before long others came, hovering around her, pointing at her, at her weapons, at her musculature like an animal in a cage, and the normally stoic valkyrie could feel the overwhelming pressure of being put in the spotlight of the public eye, her heart beginning to pound at her chest as more and more came. Soon the shouts began to include Hanna in the mix, and now the groups were merging into a massive crowd, and as someone clamored for a princess lift, Frederika's face went red and her nerves began firing uncontrollably, making her jerk in surprise and nearly knock someone over. As fear took over her mind, she fled quickly deeper into the store, a pathetic cry flying from her lips as she looked for a way out.

"Hanna.... help... I... I don't... I can't..."

As she miraculously passed through the curtains into the dressing rooms without destroying anything in the process, her breathing was now coming fast and shallow, and the world began to devolve into a haze as she slid down a corner to the floor, now clutching her legs as she attempted to stabilize herself against the uncontrollable world around her.

---

Interaction: SilverBlack SilverBlack (Fan Crowd), Nessi Nessi

Last edited:

Hanna Aldrin

Health

Stamina

Magical Enegry

interactions: PixelSymphony PixelSymphony

One moment, Hanna was shopping with Fredi, having a good time. She found a nice looking revolver, with a steep price, and decided that she'd have to save up for it as a gift for Fredi. Fredi had been trying out leather gauntlets when a rather skinny fellow approached her. To Hanna's surprise, they were a fan! It was refreshing to have someone give them a little praise rather than scorn them for the lunch situation. Hanna scratched her head, and had a dumb smile on her face, which would quickly fade when everybody begun to come over to them. "When did we get so many fans!" Hanna screamed in her head as she tried to deal with all of them.

"Hey guys, I'm not that amazing, just trying my best, you know?" she said nervously. Hanna took a selfie with somebody before turning to see how Fredi was handling everything, and the answer was not well. She was as red as a tomato, and she could barely get out a sentence. "Hanna.... help... I... I don't... I can't..." she stuttered before retreating to the changing rooms. Hanna cursed under her breath before quickly following her.

When she found Fredi, she was hyperventilating, and curled up in a ball in the corner. Hanna walked over, crouched down, and pulled her into a hug. "Calm down Fredi, breath....it's fine, they're just admiring you, not every day you can meet someone from a different world." She said soothingly. Hanna took a moment to think of a way out of the situation that they were in, and had a solution. "you have anything of yours that you're willing to do without? if so, hand it over."

-- Woman down --

Location: Raevedel City, Raevedel Square, Gustav's Fine Wayfarer's Supply, Dressing room

---

Frederika looked up to Hanna, her face hot and flush. "W-what? Yes... take... take my gloves," she forced out, reaching into the pocket she had deposited the folded handwear into and withdrawing them. "Just... just please make them leave..." she pleaded as she held them out to her roommate before retreating back into her own space, a shiver of shock overcoming her from time to time as she tried to calm her breathing. Why, why, why is this happening to me at this very moment, at this time when it is most unwanted! Just stop it, Fredi, this is unbecoming of someone of your stature!

"And... and please come back..." she murmured through clenched legs, "please...don't leave me alone..."

---

Interaction: Nessi Nessi

Last edited:

ravyn

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

beach bunny

prom queen

Raevedel square undoubtedly would have its fair share of people, and a couple of Otherworlders wouldn't go unnoticed. Ravyn knew that. She wasn't too worried about it either. In all honesty, turning heads when she walked wasn't an uncommon occurrence back home. Especially now that her image had been broadcasted and she was somewhat of a celebrity, the redhead half expected it. With this in mind, she turned on the charm, walking with a little extra flounce and hip swish, and returning any lingering eyes with a little smile and a wink. Then, she sensed the girl beside her picking up speed and things suddenly snapped into place. Not everyone was as comfortable with the attention. Ravyn now felt incredibly embarrassed that she'd essentially forgotton who she was with. The whole 'no touching' thing suddenly flashed into her mind. She quickly released Usami's arm.
"So sorry, old habits die hard," the redhead said with a wince. She'd probably be internally face-palming at herself for the next few hours, if not days.

Now at the bucci ball stand, Ravyn took a seat at the table the dark-haired girl picked and set her bag down beside her. Looking over at the stand, the red-head watched as the vendor made the balls and dropped them in hot oil. Fried? She internally cringed. Frying foods nearly quadruples the calories and trans fats-

But! she wasn't here for herself. She was here for Usami. She would try it for her sake. Ravyn looked up as said girl returned with her bounty, ate one, then stopped. She didn't need telepathy to know something was going on. Reminded of her own... difficult transition into this new world, the redhead's heart seemed to swell with sympathy and concern. She waited until Usami sat down.
"Hey," she said softly, "I don't mean to intrude, but is everything alright?"

Whether she wanted to talk or not, Ravyn wanted to make sure her friend knew that she would be there and supportive through it anything and everything. They were roommates after all, and that's what roommates were for.

♡coded by uxie♡

Users who are viewing this thread

Back