• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vehemen Academy - Academy of Hunters

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Everything had honestly been a bit of a blur. The older man - Principal Rolvel, he had identified himself as - had spoken quickly and unleashed more information upon Adrian than he was ready to process. Rolvel had answers to every one of his questions prepared, as if already having known what he'd ask about. Then again, he would know, wouldn't he? There had been two generations of... 'Otherworlders' before the current group, after all. God, it was strange referring to himself like that.

It was still difficult for Adrian to wrap his head around the idea that they were in an entirely different world now, even with everything he'd seen today. But there really wasn't any other explanation he could come up with. Well, nothing reasonable at least. He supposed this could all be some sort of heat stroke-induced dream and that he'd wake up in a hospital or something. Adrian tapped the end of Sir Polealot against the toes of his left foot, restless standing still in the elevator. No, he couldn't really deny it anymore. This was just too strange to be fake. Maybe that thought was a little bit contradictory, but Adrian decided he didn't care.

So. Assuming that everything they had been told was true, there were a few other things Adrian found to be worrisome. First and foremost was the missing girl. Somehow, no one had noticed her disappearance until it was far too late. Despite that, there was surprisingly little fuss over her, something that certainly didn't help his confidence in these entirely too suspicious strangers. Besides that, there was the fact that Rolvel, for all his confidence, hadn't actually seemed to be sure of much, if anything at all. Every piece of information he said was comprised of assumptions and theories with little that was concrete. Even so, the principal knew more about Lumen than Adrian did, and there was a sort of safety in that. Adrian found it to be a good idea to cooperate and join the academy, even if the adults had been rather hurried in pushing them to do so. Given how important Rolvel had made Otherworlders seem to be, maybe it was lucky that this was all that was expected of him instead of being imprisoned or something.

The elevator came to a halt and the doors slid open, allowing the group to spill out into the room beyond. Adrian looked around the large living area with curiosity, noting clean, normal-looking state of the room. He shuffled into the room with the others, watching Frederika go through some sort of strange routine in which she checked the utilities. To be honest, it was more than he'd expected. Vehemen Academy had been incredibly impressive from the outside and it was no less so indoors. Adrian walked forward, turning the corner to see what else lay in the room. Two bathrooms and four bedrooms. He crept over to the first room and peeked into the room. There were bunk beds and two desks. He supposed that meant they'd have roommates.

Closing the door quietly, Adrian turned around and headed back into the living room. Some of the others were already in conversation, gathered in pairs. The noise of the television attracted Adrian's attention first and he watched it from beside the dining table. It appeared to be a news broadcast of their fight with the Poex. Well, that probably wasn't good. Adrian wasn't sure of much, but he doubted attracting so much attention upon arrival would be a very good thing. Well, nothing to be done about it now. Best thing now was to get familiarized with his surroundings. And that included the people. Releasing a drawn-out sigh, Adrian searched for the face he was most familiar with. The shock of bright blue hair was easily noticeable even with how many people were in the room. Taking slow steps over the carpeted floor, Adrian sidled up to the older boy.

"It was... uh, Kiyoshi, right?" he questioned, fingernails scraping the side of the now-unnecessary makeshift cane he still carried. "What do you think about this whole... Otherworld thing?"

vxnilla vxnilla

Cleo Donovan

The way she perceived it is that the respect--or at least, the excitement, towards the Otherworlders had lessened over the years. The Fangen Incident played a big part in it, and also for many people it's the casual thought that Otherworlders aren't that special after all. During the two years she'd stayed here, there are enough Hunters who had proved themselves capable enough for the country to rely on them without the need of Otherworlders' assistance. The First Generation may had been legends, and the Second Generation proved themselves enough until what eventually happened. The reality that was catching up, perhaps, is that Otherworlders may actually do have higher ability and potentials than the rest of the Lumen people to a certain extent--but even if they do they still need time to train--but the rising dangers, whether it's the increasing number of Poex's appearances or other antagonizing forces--the Faciete, perhaps, a name these 3rd generation would eventually become familiar with--certainly would not wait for them. Now Otherworlders don't even sound as rare and unique anymore, especially with the third generation popping up after only two years since the 2nd generation did, who waited at least ten years after the first generation disappeared. Perhaps this is why the treatment towards them had gone much more casual, with much less enthusiasm.

Like a repeated routine, they caught sight of the Otherworlders' appearance and was brought in. The principal proceed to give a speech that didn't really answer too much of any questions that they were forced to take in and accept. Then they were told to become students and were moved to the same dormitories the Otherworlders had and have always stayed in. The same suite, same couple of rooms.

Cleo didn't really have much to say. It's within expectations, and both the principal and vice principal have always had that kind of personalities. The hunter association probably had also learned about their existences by now, but there's no point in doing anything special about it considering they've long trusted Rolvel in making direct decisions.

On the other hand, these third generations seemed to be taking into all of these events pretty well, too. Aside from the panic from the sudden battle in the beginning, it's as if they've all accepted it all pretty quickly.

"To think about it, half of us were freaking out when we were first brought here," with that thought in mind, Cleo laughed half-heartedly towards Elise as she watched the third generations gathered themselves, exploring their new suite, engaging in conversations, naturally taking it in that they'll all be students of a hunter academy to hunt for monsters in a strange new world without any bit of hesitance.

Or, they're all merely forcing themselves to accept it. What other options do they have, really?

Her eyes glanced over to the television pretty quickly, where their battle from earlier today was now being shown, with the news reporter firmly stating that this is the new generation of Otherworlders. Then, news debate shows discussing whether or not these new Otherworlders would bring in new hope. Conspiracies and theories on why they appear so soon. A woman pitifully stating that they should not force all of their attention on them so hard and immediately throw them all the expectations and burdens--because they are, after all, just "confused children."

Jun was chill, helping to lead everyone to their dormitories, then retreated back to his room for only a bit before he left again "to finish his crepes," or so he said. He lived in the fifth room by himself after four of the second generation passed away. In fact, Cleo and Elise lived by themselves in each room too. Now that the third generations are here, one room should empty up to have enough for them to move in as well.

"Ah, Elise, ya wanna move into my room then?" Cleo suggested. She wasn't really concerned about hiding anything, most of it is in her drawers and she believed it wouldn't be too surprising for Elise to find out what she had in her room anyway. After all, they'd known each other for two years.

On the other hand, it'd take a lot more work for Cleo to move into Elise's room, since it involves taking out all the things in her drawers out, which can be troublesome in one way or another.

Cleo yawned.

She's probably skipping it.

Cleo's room itself is fairly empty, because truth is except for the bed, the drawers, and the couple pieces of clothing in the closet, she rarely used anything else of it. The desk and the small table in the center remain largely empty, for she's never been the type to settle down to do work anyway. There are no further additions of things in her room, for she never stayed in it for a long time too. Nights were usually spent outdoors, at places and doing things that are either legal or illegal. stuffs that nobody needed to know.

"Once Elise's room is emptied out, ya guys should all have enough rooms to move in~It's bunk beds, so feel free to fight for which bed ya want...." She noted to everyone else with a grin, before blinking. "Ya don't mind sleeping on the top bunk, do ya?" She turned back to ask Elise.

---

Mentioned: @ everyone (briefly), Interacted: Nano Nano

hashimoto kiyoshi
scroll!

While Kiyoshi understood the importance of getting the others as well as himself situated, wherever they were going, the way th situation was handled didn't sit right with him. A girl had gone missing, and they were simply trundling to their destination as if nothing were wrong? If the conversation was anything to go off of, then she was in the same boat as all of them—plucked out of a world she had known and thrown unceremoniously into one she didn't. It couldn't be safe for her, even disregarding the monster they had all tried to fight. What if, in the future, another one of them goes missing, Frederika or Adrian or Kiyoshi himself? Would Miss Cecilline ignore their disappearance as well and continue on her merry way?

Noticing the turn his thoughts had taken, Kiyoshi bit the inside of his cheek and forcibly reined his mind back. It was disrespectful of him, to pass such unflattering judgment on an adult. His father would have his head if he found out what Kiyoshi was thinking. He may be worn and irritable from the fight, but she was still a superior, still decades his senior and someone who'd grown up living in Lumen, and he had to trust that she knew what she was doing.

For the rest of the ride, Kiyoshi let his eyes slide closed, but a feeling of unease still sat heavily in the pit of his stomach.

He opened them again when a quiet and unfamiliar sound made itself known over the mundanity. His eyes lit upon majestic black gates, from which he determined the nearly imperceptible squeaking to be coming from; they opened in a smooth slide, and the limousine rolled leisurely on campus.

Now, Kiyoshi had grown up in a certain degree of grandeur, and he'd been around affluence for all of his life—but Vehemen Academy left even him floored. He had never seen this kind of splendor up close before; the building looked fit to house royalty, and the sprawling fields seemed almost smug in their abundance. Wildly, he was struck with an inexplicable urge to walk and even run across the grounds until he could find where the campus began and ended, but he mentally shrugged it off. Exploration and play, as had long been drilled into him, were things that he'd outgrown, not befitting someone of his status and legacy.

When the principal came down to introduce himself, Kiyoshi observed that all two of the administrators he'd been introduced to so far were very good-looking (was that a requirement? would they kick him out as a student if they deemed him not handsome enough), but just like his colleague, something about Mr. Rolvel discomfited Kiyoshi. His speech was misleadingly grand for something whose substance boiled down to 'I'm not sure—', and he seemed... a little too fond of hearing himself speak, as it were. The group of students were dismissed by him, and then by the assistant principal, before Kiyoshi could so much as think about stringing two words together into a question.

Absentmindedly, Kiyoshi worried his bottom lip. He was sure they were good and qualified people, but he was also pretty sure that, right now, he didn't feel comfortable going to either Miss Cecilline or Mr. Rolvel for any kind of help.

For his part, at least Mr.—Professor Kikuchi seemed genuinely apologetic, but Kiyoshi was intimidated by him for very different reasons. He certainly didn't get to witness the principal or vice principal behead a behemoth the size of a generous room, and a sight like that led to a certain amount of both awe and fear.

He followed the more experienced students—Second Generations, yes?—into the dorms and up the elevator. A curious peek into a bedroom gave him the sight of two bunk beds and two desks to each room, which implied roommates, but they had plenty of time to wonder how that was to be arranged later. Kiyoshi turned his gaze to the living space, with a lovely sectional couch and a large TV. The whole set-up was certainly a lot better than he would've expected considering his first impression of Lumen was staring down a monster that could kill him with a bat of its limb.

This—was charming, if not a little overwhelming. Kiyoshi could live with that.

Before he had to decide what to do with himself, he was saved the trouble. He caught movement coming towards him out of his peripheral, and he turned just in time to meet friendly green eyes. Kiyoshi smiled in acknowledgement, and no small amount of relief.

"It was... uh, Kiyoshi, right?" The other boy fiddled slightly with his cane. "What do you think about this whole... Otherworld thing?"

"Yes," he confirmed easily, "and you're Adrian, if my memory hasn't failed me." The pause settled when it came to the second question, as Kiyoshi picked his words. So far, he'd avoided thinking about the situation in its entirety, and the weight of it, but now he forced himself to confront it—if not his feelings about it, then his thoughts regarding it. What did he make of it?

He began slowly, consideringly, "I find it... overwhelming. Much of that blame falls onto my own shoulders, for failing to grasp the explanations we've been given, but I confess much of it went over my head. I trust, and hope, that more answers will be revealed to us. And, if I'm being frank, I am so far hesitant to entrust my safety to the hands of either Miss Cecilline or Mr. Rolvel." He closed his eyes—the words had slipped out before he could stop himself. He cringed to think of what Adrian would think of his blatant insubordination.

"Forgive me," he uttered apologetically, opening his eyes once more, "that was unkind. I—am sure they do a phenomenal job, and that they have a lot on their plates, especially with our... situation. But may I return the favor and ask your thoughts?"

~Frederika von Eisenhart~
-- Vehemen Academy Student --

Wearing: Torn School Uniform

---

"Guess were rooming Frederika, Hope you don't mind me waking up early to work out!"

Frederika returned to her earlier pose with near mechanical reversal, her hands clasping each opposite elbow in stoic contemplation as she thought over what Hanna had said. "We are to room together? I see..." She remained silent as she mulled over the offer, before nodding. "Very well, I accept. I do not believe I will be troubled by your early awakening. In fact I..." She halted her words for a second, an odd bit of trepidation setting in for a girl quite willing to throw herself at a multi-story monstrosity. Go on Fredi, this is a good chance to grow.

She stammered for a bit, clearly trying to say something but eventually giving up. "Ah... verzeihung... pay me no regard." Ach du lieber himmel, Fredi... She quickly turned away to hide her rapidly reddening face, and was thankful that the activation of the tv served as a timely distraction.

Rewatching the fight from another angle gave her a bit better idea of what had gone on; she'd been so fixated on going toe to toe with the Poex that much of the surrounding action had been missed by her. Now that she could see what exactly had happened, the fact that they'd survived as long as they had on their own was even more of a miracle. Mein Lieben... look at us... flailing about with no training, no coordination... how did one of us not die? As if to emphasize this point, the monster on screen raised its claw and struck a blonde figure down in mid-air, and Frederika reflexively reached to her abdomen, remembering the sensation that corresponded with the image on screen. To her surprise, her hand came away with blood, and for a moment she wondered if her wounds had somehow reopened, but to her relief it was just the remains of what had soaked into her uniform. Hmph... unfortunate. I doubt this outfit is salvageable at this point.

"I will be taking a shower," she stated to the room, already stripping off the bloodied uniform top as she headed towards the previously found bathrooms, finally revealing the Otherworlder tattoo peeking through the straps of the sports bra she wore underneath. "If disaster should strike during, please knock." She disappeared inside without an additional work, the door closing with a metallic click.

Nora Glass
"Why struggle?"

condition: tired

interactions: Ravyn

outfit: baggy sweater, sweatpants

"What are you thinking about this whole.... I don't even know what to call it. Our 'Awakening'? Whatever. How are you holding up?"

Nora turned her head, giving Ravyn a once over out of one eye. Even after everything, she seemed so put-together. Clearly this was someone who took particular care of their appearance. She tugged absently at her oversized grey sweater, suddenly self-conscious of the old coffee stain marring its hem. She forced out a slight grin - it wasn't that she had anything against the other girl, it was just bizarre being pulled into socialization after months of solitude - and realized that she was somewhat glad for the company. Maybe it was just the shock of everything, but it was oddly reassuring to know that she was seen, despite her normally reclusive tendencies. She shrugged.

"I'm alright, I guess. Holding up better than I'm holding together." She waggled her fingers to prove her point, feeling the now nearly familiar chill as they dissipated and then solidified. So, that much she could control at least. "It's... weird to be part of something so big, I guess. While everything 'normal' here is still wildly strange to me, this -" here she pointed to the events playing out onscreen "seems weird even by their standards. Makes a person feel kinda important, but also very, very small in the grand scheme of things." She bit her lip, realizing she had been talking a lot. It felt bizarre, but perhaps she had been craving the release. Her life had been so quiet for so long...

She turned fully now, rotating in her seat, to face Ravyn. "How... How about you?" she asked, glad to redirect the conversation and give her head a break.

codedbycrucialstar

xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx

Last edited by a moderator:
Ravyn nodded absentmindedly. She just turned her fingers to... nothing. Pretty cool, also kind of alarming.
" I think I'm doing well. Well, before this, the most life threatening and stressful thing I've done was midterms, so I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to be feeling."
She chuckled softly. Lies lies lies. But she kept a pretty face. Conceal, don't feel. Don't let them know. Not the best time to be quoting Frozen, but it was working.
" I think we're supposed to be choosing roommates. "
She glanced around the room
"Looks like you're stuck with me. "
She flashed a signature charming grin. She turned in the chair, propping her bare feet up on the arm of the chair and rested her head on the other arm, letting her loose red curls cascade down the side.
"This is all so crazy. I'm really feeling the 'so big, so small' thing. This place is...janky, for a lack of a better word."
She paused.
" Whatda you think'll happen next?"

LoliCowboy LoliCowboy

Last edited:
"Yes, and you're Adrian, if my memory hasn't failed me," Kiyoshi replied. The other boy paused, then began slowly. "I find it... overwhelming. Much of that blame falls onto my own shoulders, for failing to grasp the explanations we've been given, but I confess much of it went over my head. I trust, and hope, that more answers will be revealed to us. And, if I'm being frank, I am so far hesitant to entrust my safety to the hands of either Miss Cecilline or Mr. Rolvel."

Adrian released a silent sigh of relief. It was reassuring, to say the least, to hear that he wasn't the only one finding it hard to trust the two adults. It made it seem less like paranoia on his part and more like a genuine concern. Kiyoshi stopped again, closing his eyes and seemingly regretting his earlier words. "Forgive me, that was unkind. I—am sure they do a phenomenal job, and that they have a lot on their plates, especially with our... situation. But may I return the favor and ask your thoughts?"

"I have to admit I'm a bit uncertain about all of this." Adrian mulled over his next words for a brief moment. "I don't exactly trust Cecilline and Rolvel. They seem a little.. well, not suspicious, but something close to it. There's just too much that's strange about the way they're handling all of this. Besides, I think it's a bit unusual that none of this was our choice. The whole academy thing, I mean. They just kinda assumed we'd be okay with it all. Not that I can say much, given that I went along with them. But... even so."

Adrian broke off with a sigh and rubbed at his temples with his left hand. Maybe it wasn't the best idea to unload all of his thoughts all at once like this. Suddenly, his attention was drawn towards the tall blonde. Frederika, if he was remembering right. Standing and stripping off her shirt, the well-built girl said something about taking a shower. Hm, well, that wasn't a bad idea. Adrian was still covered with blood and grime, even if his injuries had already been healed. Then, realizing that he'd been absorbed in his fantasies of a hot shower too long, Adrian looked around the room for a new conversation topic. Oh, wait, there was something. "Well, enough of that. We're here now, so might as well get settled. And on that note, I have a question for you." Adrian snuck a sly sidewards glance at Kiyoshi.

"I heard that we need to get roommates and I was wondering if, well, you'd be willing to room with me? I don't mean to intrude or anything, but... well..." Adrian used the non-business end of Sir Polealot to gesture at the other occupants of the room. All of whom were quite noticeably female. "I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at?"
vxnilla vxnilla

Hanna was perplexed when she saw Fred seem pretty flustered as she tried to say something to her. "do you want to join me?" She asked her, but she would get no response, because Fred would go into the showers, Telling the room to to knock in "disaster struck". Hanna would give her a thumbs up, and decide to check her room out. It was better then her's back at home, that was for sure, nice and spacious, even coming with bean bags to vibe on. And the beds seemed pretty comfortable, the only thing missing were some decorations, posters, picture frames, questionable BTS Funko pop set, you know, normal stuff. "I'm gonna have so much fun making this room become Hannaville, hopefully" She told herself, completely forgetting that she shared the room with another person. Hanna decided to take her jacket off, or what was left of it, and kicked her shoes off before climbing into the top bunk, if Fred wanted top bunk, she should have spoke up, it was Hanna's now. She was beat, her muscles aching, and her mind running at 1000 miles per hour. Their was a student missing, which kinda worried Hanna a bit, but she tried to just keep calm about, but she also just didn't trust Miss Cecilline or Mr. Rolvel, something about them made Hanna feel uneasy. But Hanna wouldn't think about it for too long, because her eyes would close, and she would be asleep, that fight with the Poex felt like she had played a 6 hour basketball game, and she just wanted to get some rest and not think about potential evil adults.

Ravyn sighed.
"Well. I'm taking the bottom bunk and there's nothing you can do to stop me. "
She smiled facetiously and hopped up from her seat, flipping an errant red curl over her shoulder. Ravyn padded to the kitchen and got a glass of water. Before walking into her room she turned and addressed anyone still in the living area.
" If any of you happened to pick up a pair of heels from the battlefield, I'd greatly appreciate if you returned them."
With a wink, she slipped into the room. Moderate size. Beds were cute. Desks. Drawers. She set her purse and water on top of the desk and spun in a slow circle. This was her life now. Strolling over to the closets, Ravyn hummed an off-key 'Somebody that I used to Know'. She flung open the closet door and frowned. Uniforms. They were pretty ok, but she'd definitely have to... spruce them up a little. But for now, she was tired. Were there any pajamas anywhere? She was not sleeping in jeans. Ravyn dug through her purse. Yes! She still had her gym clothes. She quickly slipped into her athletic shorts and cropped t-shirt. With that, she slipped into bed and almost immediately fell asleep.

Her dream was shaky and adrenaline rushed. It was the battle. She was about to set the Poex on fire when bam. A flash of light burned everything away. She was alone. The Poex was still there; it's acrid smelling breath ruffling her hair. She turned and ran and ran and r a n a n d r a n but she wasn't moving anywhere. The Poex opened is maw to swallow her whole---

Ravyn screamed, sending everything in her near vicinity flying across the room. The water glass shattered violently against the wall, the desk chairs toppled, and the ajar closet door slammed shut. She sat straight up in a cold sweat. She looked around the room wildly, and the lack of familiarity only freaked her out more. She started to hyperventilate. The brand on her forearm glowed like a night light. She held her head in her hands. This was not good. Not good at all.

Elise Friedhelm.

“Welcome to Lumen.”

Elise chewed her cheek idly.

“I suppose I should introduce myself first. My name is Burel F. Rolvel, I am the principal of this academy--Vehemen Academy, to be precise...”

The short platinum blonde stifled a yawn.

“...as you guys could now direct your attention to Cleo, Elise, and Jun over there.”

When her name was abruptly mentioned, the girl stiffly stood to attention. However, her shoulders were quick to relax, and her gaze soon returned to wandering from Jun’s messy locks to the now open double doors of the academy building. Her eyes sought out anything of greater interest than the principal’s lengthy speech. To her credit, she was still half listening. It was just impossible to religiously listen to words she had heard for the nth time.

A few minutes later, Elise breathed out a much repressed sigh of relief. All the fighting and the lectures were finally over. Eyes wandering towards her phone display, she groaned when it barely read past noon. On one hand, she was grateful for the time left to complete Professor Kikuchi’s assignment. On the other, she had been looking forward to having a convenient excuse to not complete it. Even if it weren’t enough to impress her professor, it was enough to at least bear an excuse that would ease her personal conscience. Conversely, now she had no choice but to complete it.

She was tired—too weary to even react to Jun’s snippy remark about his crepes—and her only response towards Cleo’s suggestion that she move into her room was to nod numbly.

“I’m scared of heights,” she dryly mumbled in her best attempt to crack a joke. Nevertheless, she trusted her friend to accept that as an affirmative. Cleo had personally witnessed her freefall from plenty of places far higher than a mere top bunk. “I’ll be working on our history assignment after I finish moving my things. Hope I don’t disturb your sleep on my way up later.” she added as insurance.

However, instead of turning towards the direction of her room, Elise stood in place and slowly reached up to pinched the bridge of her nose.

“Hey, Cleo?” she started with a tired sigh, “Let’s say I hand in a barebones report. How would Professor Kikuchi react?”

Convince me, her inner voice seemed to beg. Eiichi had already tossed her a disappointed gaze once today. What was the difference between once and twice? She didn’t have many personal belongings cluttering her room, but she didn’t doubt that finishing both the move and her barely started report would keep her awake well into the ungodly hours of 4AM.

hashimoto kiyoshi
scroll!

It wasn't as if Kiyoshi had really thought it was likely that Adrian would be so aghast at his criticisms of the administrators, veiled as they were, that he would let Rolvel know directly of Kiyoshi's insubordination and then Kiyoshi would be fed to the Poex for a light snack; Adrian seemed like an extremely easy-going person and not one to do such a thing, and the adults were strange but not malicious (right?), but the fear—however small—had been there. So to hear the other boy agree with him was a relief of the highest degree.

And, this way, he was reassured that he wasn't simply nitpicky or seeing problems that weren't there.

He went to reassure Adrian in some capacity (he wasn't certain as to how, but the dark-haired boy did seem tired—he'd even defaulted to the put-upon sigh and temple-rub, which was a universal sign of exhaustion if not frustration) when both their attentions were drawn to a flash of movement. Frederika stood, shrugging out of her shirt, which was a move for the best considering her garments seemed more blood than fabric, but nonetheless Kiyoshi hurriedly averted his eyes.

The architecture was so lovely! They really outdid themselves with the corners—perfect ninety-degree angles. Extremely pleasing, of course. He slanted his gaze back to make sure that any and all shirtless people had vacated the premises. When he deemed it was safe, only then did he cautiously look back forward.

"Well, enough of that. We're here now, so might as well get settled. And on that note, I have a question for you."

A question? Curiosity piqued, Kiyoshi met Adrian's gaze evenly and inquiringly, but said nothing, certain that the other would speak his mind shortly. "I heard that we need to get roommates and I was wondering if, well, you'd be willing to room with me? I don't mean to intrude or anything, but... well..." The other gestured vaguely with his cane—the end that he wasn't going to impale Kiyoshi with, upon first meeting. I'm sure you understand what I'm getting at?"

Considering that Kiyoshi was pretty certain he would die on the spot if any of the other occupants took off another article of clothing (forget the Poex, this was the true threat), he leapt onto the invitation with no small amount of gratitude.

"Yes, of course," he answered, relief surely palpable. "I'd be glad to. I admit I likely would have brought it up with you, had you not approached me first." He looked at Adrian consideringly again, head tilting to the side. "On that note, do you want to retire to a room? You deserve some rest, after the day you've had."

Last edited:

Wearing: Nothing

---

As the water from the shower sprayed down upon her, drowning out the outside world and filling the bathroom with a fine haze of steam, Frederika gave a deep sigh of frustration. All things considered, though the day had ended well enough, certain aspects of her performance troubled her. First off, there was the Poex; she gave herself high marks for procuring an ad hoc weapon quickly and overcoming the boundaries necessary to obtain it, but pretty much everything else was at best amateurish, and at worst inviting a deathwish. If the Second Generation students along with the teachers hadn't come soon after that... she shuddered to consider the outcome. Then there was the limo ride. Again, good work with her introduction to the group, clear, assertive, meaningful. But when Nora had begun to talk, she had realized how badly her situational awareness had been; in a fight, she could have just as easily have taken her out with nary a response. And just as bad, she hadn't even begun to have caught wind of one of theirs had completely gone missing, despite hers having been the attack that she followed up on earlier. What she _doing_? She needed to have her brain engaged at ALL times; this wasn't just a situation where strength alone was going to cut it. Finally, there was Hanna; Frederika had heard the girl ask if she wanted to join her in her morning exercises, and the truth was very much yes, she very much would like to join her... but her worries about driving her off just like all of her previous friends when she inevitably took the training too seriously made her eject from the situation mid-sentence.

"Three challenges, three failures..." she sighed, her head coming forward to rest against the shower wall. Unglaublich. Not a good debut to this new world. I will need to improve.

Some time later, she emerged from bathroom, clad in towels and far less bloody. As she looked about the suite, it seemed the group had come to the collective decision to pack it in for the night, and she had little reason to stray from this idea. So, bidding the few remaining occupants of the room a fair evening, she retired to her room, discovering Hanna already asleep on the top bunk. Probably for the best. Removing the towels and giving her hair a quick towel dry before hanging both to dry, she began to dig through what had been left in the room, only to discover the only clothing supplied to the new students was a single uniform. Lacking much of a choice, she resigned herself to sleeping in her underwear and determining a method of obtaining additional clothing in the morning. A few moments and some awkward contortions later, she was situated in the lower bunk, and as her eyelids fell, she too quickly drifted off to a deep sleep, exhaustion from the events of the day finally settling in.

She would have awoken the next day refreshed and ready for the day, had the sudden screech and subsequent crashing noises from the bedroom next door not jolted her awake, reflex making her sit up in her bed only to smack her head straight upon the crossbeams supporting the mattress above where Hanna lay. An unintelligible curse flew from her lips, before she regained composure to call out to the student above in a forced whisper. "Hanna, wake up! One of our comrades is under attack! We need to move!" She slid off the bed to her feet, dashing towards the bedroom door and flinging it open as she scanned the terrain. Clear, move in. She cleared the distance between her and the kitchen in four long strides, reaching out and grasping for one of the long kitchen knives as she reversed direction, now heading towards the source of the scream. With a powerful front kick, the door to Ravyn and Nora's bedroom flew open with a loud bang, and as she dove into the room, her improvised weapon in a reverse grip, she called out "Halt! You will not take another of us unanswered!"

"Yes, of course." Thankfully, Kiyoshi seemed receptive to the idea of being roommates. "I'd be glad to. I admit I likely would have brought it up with you, had you not approached me first. On that note, do you want to retire to a room? You deserve some rest, after the day you've had."

"Yeah, that would be nice." Adrian stifled a yawn with one hand. "Today's been real crazy, huh? I'll turn in for the night."

Adrian pushed off of the wall behind him and clumped along towards the hallway, the soft carpet muffling the sounds of Sir Polealot touching the ground. Passing the still-playing television and rounding the corner, he paused at the beginning of the hall. There were four bedrooms, if he was remembering correctly, and those who had already left had probably claimed two of them. Assuming they'd chosen the closer rooms, that left the bedrooms at the end of the hall for Adrian and Kiyoshi.

The tired boy continued to walk down the hall, passing by the shut doors. There was the sound of pouring water being one of the doors on his right. The bathroom that Frederika was using, he supposed. The thought of a hot shower only served as a reminder about how filthy he was. Besides his missing left shoe, there were several tears across his shirt, which was also stained with blood and dirt. Adrian really needed that shower. But not tonight. He was much too tired to bother.

Stifling another yawn of exhaustion, he reached for the door of the final bedroom and opened it with a quiet creak. The bedroom was nice, to say the least. Regardless, Adrian didn't waste any time admiring the view, instead passing by the table with his eyes set on his magnificent goal. The bunk beds enticed him from across the room, whispering irresistible promises of sleep and softness. Adrian propped up Sir Polealot against the foot of the bottom bunk and kicked off his sole shoe. Quickly stripping off his torn, stained shirt and dropping it on Sir Polealot - who was about as effective a clothes rack as he was a weapon of mass destruction - Adrian collapsed onto bed, reveling in its embrace. He quickly drifted off into dreamland with only enough time to hope that Kiyoshi wouldn't mind him taking the bottom bunk.

vxnilla vxnilla

Time: Sometimes ago

Down the hallways, each of their footsteps was accompanied by a little echo that bounced off the walls. Principal Rolvel had his hands behind his back as he walked, with Ms. Ceciline only a foot away behind him. The grand lights above their heads turned on soon after the sky outside the window began to dim, emitting a soft yellow glow.

Mitra and Eiichi would be following behind the duo after they were told to accompany them, and they left shortly after watching the Second Generation led the new Otherworlders away.

How was my intro to them?” Breaking the silence a minute into their walk, Rolvel asked with a smile hanging on his lips as he continued to look forward. Ymir Ceciline fixed her glasses before she responded, not really caring if the two professors behind them have much to say--even if Rolvel did direct the question at them as well.

It was vague, as usual,” she remarked bluntly.

“I wasn’t lying all that much, you know, I wish I do know more about them,” the principal sighed, looking genuinely sad. “But they probably all hate me now. I hope they hate you too, Ymir. I don’t want to be hated alone.

Nobody likes us, don’t worry.

And that’s why---” After probably another two minutes and up the stairs, they reached a double set of white doors in the middle of the hallway with the sign “Principal’s Office” on top that Rolvel opened just as he spoke, redirecting his attention at the two professors that were told to follow after them. “As the two people they haven’t started hating yet, that’s why I’m relying on you two to make sure they enjoy their stay here, Professor Kikuchi, Mitra.

Holding the door open, he gestured for the two to step inside. The principal’s office is rather spacious, with the typical set of a large wooden desk and swivel chair at the far back in front of the windows. Before it was a set of black couches facing a tea table, where guests who were invited into the office would usually be sitting in.

However, he did not ask the two to sit. That spot was usually reserved only when there’s special guests coming anyway. The principal thus proceed to sit down in his swivel chair facing his desk, with Ms. Ceciline standing next to him, as usual. She had always felt more like a secretary when she’s with him, even though she did have her own office too. In one way or another, people’s impression of her aren’t wrong. She was a secretary before she became the vice principal, but that’s another story for another day.

Principal Rolvel waited till both Eiichi and Mitra were standing across from his side by side before he began to speak again.

Ms. Ceciline, any updates on where the girl disappeared to?” He looked to his side to see the woman shaking her head. “The search teams looked everywhere. It was most likely that the Faciete took her. From how fast they acted, they were probably hiding and spying on us all along.” She paused. “ I’m assuming someone in there had the ability to manipulate memories over the people that are within certain meters away.

But it didn’t work for you, did it?

We all know that my mental tolerance is high against those types of magic,” Ms. Ceciline said with a certain haughtiness in her tone. “But it would explain why everyone else didn’t start making a fuss in the car immediately until we drove some distance away. Especially Cleo...And our professors, too.” As she mentioned them, her icy blue eyes drifted to the two men standing there. Her tone remained, however, as flat as usual, with no hint of accusation or displeasure, as if that’s the most natural thing ever.

The man cleared his throat, looking at the two professors. “Well, that’s kind of why I asked the two of you to stay behind.

Don’t worry, it’s not about the girl’s disappearance. Even if you two realize she’s gone without any memory manipulation, it’s the right choice that you two didn’t do anything and let us handle it. If the search team can’t find her or clues that can lead to her, I will probably request the VHA hunters to take action too. However, her disappearance serves as an example of how serious the condition of this country is right now.” Principal Rolvel crossed his arms then sighed.

Professor Kikuchi, I know that after Professor Yue’s disappearance from the Fangen Incident, you’d been assigned to watch over the rest of the Second Generation. I have full faith in you to continue to serve as their supervisor with the addition of the new generation,” he leaned back in his seat, looking up at the two. “However, not only Raevedel--with the whole Praeces falling into ever greater danger than before, especially with the increasing activity of Faciete against us--in particular, against the Otherworlders, I believe it may be a good idea for Mitra to work along with you to supervise them. I hope you don’t mind.

In an attempt to persuade him briefly in case Eiichi doesn’t immediately agree, Rolvel continued.

Mitra has always been good at analyzing the students’ capabilities. Similar to you, both of you have very sharp eyes and decision skills, if not great combat abilities that even Vince approves of--if not look up to,” the principal coughed, since he’s aware that Vince’s definition of “looking up to them” has always been slightly off. He directed the topic away.

From now on, it won’t be a surprise--and it will probably be the case--that the hunter education towards the students will probably be even tougher than before. Training classes will become more intense, the number of field assignments will increase. It won't be of no surprise if more incidents popped up randomly here and there that the students will be forced to be a part of. This will apply to the Otherworlders as well, and with the society’s expectations on them, the pressure they’ll face will probably be greater than others.

Ever since Rei Fey’s betrayal and the death of our four second generations,” Ms. Ceciline softly cut in from the side. “There has been increasing rumors and negative remarks on them. Surely, you are also aware of this, Professor Kikuchi, since you’ve been with them for awhile. Otherworlders are no longer as godly, if that’s the proper word to describe them, as they were before.

From now on, it is likely that not only the civilians, but also the VHA themselves, will be paying close attention to them. Faciete has always had great interest in them too, and we already had a case of kidnapping happening. It is within expectation that sooner or later we’d be trusting students to fight against the Poex, and the first ones to be sent out are the Otherworlders.

Mitra, I shall assign you to work with Professor Kikuchi in supervising and leading these Otherworlders, and to report back to me if anything is to occur, as un-suspicious as it appears to be.” Waiting quietly for Ms. Ceciline to finish, Principal Rolvel ordered, his eyes rested upon the science teacher. His tone was firm, a certain assertiveness hinted in each word spoken. He finally sounded like a principal, one may even think.

Then, as if he remembered, he drifted his attention to Eiichi and added. “Of course, Professor Kikuchi, that applies to you too.

I’m trusting Vince in leading the training sessions, and I’m sure he’ll provide any assistance when necessary. That aside, both of you shall now be supervisors over the Otherworlders, second and third generations combined. I hope both of you are fine with this decision, and I trust you two in looking after them.

After making sure that all questions and confusions are settled, he nodded in satisfaction.

You two may go back now. Have a good rest, too. Tomorrow’s the beginning of the new semester, after all.

With that, he gestured for them to leave.

-----

Interacted: Dawnsx Dawnsx Nano Nano

Cleo Donovan

Cleo let out a short laugh when she heard Elise’s poor attempt to crack up the joke. “Sure,” she mused. “All those free falls from the sky must have given ya a heart attack each time,” she said sarcastically, then frowned when she heard that the girl is still planning to work on the history report.

It was to her relief that even this supposedly-good student is thinking if it’s okay to skip the assignment--or to at least hand in an empty report.

Ya actually still thinking about that?” She remarked, throwing her arm over the other’s shoulder and directing her to her room since she paused. “Forget that shit bro. I’m sure Professor Kikuchi can’t do anything much about it, especially when this happened today.” She gazed toward the third generation students, who were already adjusting themselves into this world. This suite. These rooms.

Frederika stripping in front of them and taking a shower. Ravyn retreating to her room. Everyone was conversing, getting used to each other’s presence, though their dirty clothes and exhaustion in their eyes, along with the news blasting in the background, reminded them again and again of what happened today.

What Cleo saided actually sounded rather persuasive--after all, she herself, who had barely handed in any assignments, is still here today.

Why make yar own life so hard?” She patted Elise on her shoulder as her final statement before sending her off to move her things into her room. The room would be empty pretty soon for the rest of the Third Generations to settle in. Eventually, Adrian would be the one to take after the room, and it seemed settled that his roommate would be Kiyoshi as well.

To think that the rooms that they once shared memories with their former comrades in would now be replaced by a new generation of students. Although they all knew sooner or later it would happen. Perhaps, it’s a sign for a new beginning.

Finally, as soon as everything and everyone finally seemed to settle down, Cleo stretched her arm and let out an exhausted sigh. “Alright, Elise, Imma go out for awhile. Feel free to do anything ya want to the room.” Despite the clock ticking by, indicating the lateness in the time, she still stated before waving the other off.

Cleo’s room has always been pretty much empty, and a lot of things seem rather untouched. The desk, in particular, is as empty and clean as ever. Just the idea of sitting down in front of it is rather unfit for her personality, anyway.

The other empty desk--which used to be Rei Fey’s, was surprisingly clean, although it should’ve remained untouched for days, it did not have as much dust on it as it should’ve been.

Closing the door behind her, Cleo proceed to walk out of the suite quietly while the third generations busied themselves--talking, showering, retreating, sleeping. The elevator went down, and she stepped out of the academy, finally in solitude and free for a smoke.

The girl had never been one to sleep at night, at all.

Lighting a cigarette up, a small jump followed by tiny explosions below her feet sent her off step by step into the air, and she leapt her way away from the campus, across the bridge, into the busy city night life.

A couple hours later, the elevator doors would open to a scream. The slightest daze in her eyes that would’ve hinted of what she was doing earlier faded off. On one hand was the remains of some ashes from when she burnt her cigarette off earlier upon entering the dorm building, the smell of mint tobacco still lingering on her.

A frown replaced her expression. She tensed up as she hurried down the small hallway, on guard, just in time to see Frederika kicking open the bedroom door to Ravyn and Nora’s room. "Halt! You will not take another of us unanswered!" Her strong voice rang through the suite, and Cleo’s eyebrows furrowed. A Poex inside the academy? That’s impossible--at least, she hopes it is. Quickly, she ran over to where Frederika is, her yellow eyes stared into the bedroom where Ravyn and Nora were in, taking a quick look around. Nothing. The room was clean.

No Poex.

Cleo’s shoulders relaxed a little, a small breath of relief escaped from her. Finally, her eyes landed on Ravyn, her face in her palms. She was hyperventilating, panicking. If not for the shadows casting over her from sleeping in the lower bunk, her pale skin would've been visible.

...A nightmare, huh. Cleo assumed automatically. Settling into this world isn’t easy, after all.

Yo,” after making sure everything’s safe, she stepped into the room, turning on the lights before she knelt down by the girl’s bed side. Gently, she tapped the girl's hand that was covering her face and asked, “Ya alright?

Someone get some water for her,” she called out the door at those who’d gathered over from the scream.

---

Interacted/Mentioned: xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx Nano Nano & briefly @ everyone

Last edited:
Eiichi followed his two superiors silently and listened to their banter with half an ear. The pair were right about being disliked. Over the years, Eiichi had heard more than a handful of students expressing their doubts and even sheer derision towards Rolvel and Ymir. As a good employee, Eiichi should reprimand those students, but he always turned a blind eye because he knew the students' feelings all too well. They were decent bosses, but while self-aware about their unpleasant personalities, they didn't bother putting an effort into amending that. If Eiichi had to spend more time with the two than he already had to, he wasn't too sure if he would have the willpower to not quit on the spot.

Once they arrived at the Principal's office, he stood across from Rolvel, reeling his attention back to listen to their conversation about the missing Third Generation. When Eiichi arrived at the scene, he didn't take into account how many civilians were around—a blunder on his part. If he had, then perhaps the Faciete wouldn't have gotten away. But what's done is done, and they didn't have the time to dwell on what ifs.

Eiichi's face remained passive at Ymir's jab, and he calmly met her icy stare before turning his gaze back towards Rolvel as he explained why he called them here. He and Ymir spoke of the circumstances that led to the Otherworlders' plummeting reputation, and the possibility of the Faciete taking action again. Eiichi briefly pressed his lips together at the mention of the public's view of his students. They were initially viewed as god-sent saviors, but the moment that they failed to meet expectations, they became the target of endless scorn. It was understandable. After all, the public had a penchant of gossiping and spreading unsavory rumors. Still, the situation was ridiculous in Eiichi's humble opinion. It was the First Generation that established the reputation of Otherworlders, yet the public—and the VHA—failed to draw a distinction between the generations. The Second Generation was still young and learning, and the incident was largely due to the academy's oversight.

Eiichi felt his blood boil every time he heard a harsh remark directed at his students, but there was little he could do to change anything.

Either way, Rolvel's proposal should prove beneficial for the students, and Mitra, a colleague who was actually tolerable, should be easy to work with. Eiichi thought it to be a fine arrangement, until—

"Mitra, I shall assign you to work with Professor Kikuchi in supervising and leading these Otherworlders, and to report back to me if anything is to occur, as un-suspicious as it appears to be.” A short pause, then Rolvel added, “Of course, Professor Kikuchi, that applies to you too.”

With his one good eye, Eiichi couldn't help but blink owlishly at the Principal.

Oh. Oh. So that was how it was.

Watching over the Otherworlders was the rationale behind this new plan, but it was also an excuse to keep an eye on him.

After the Fangen Tragedy, investigations into the academy came and went. There was never any conclusive verdict on the circumstances behind the incident, and the academy and the VHA eventually halted all investigations. The Principal even issued a statement that everyone should steer clear of the case, for safety reasons. Thus, the truth behind what robbed the lives of those professors and students was shelved away then, just like that.

Eiichi couldn't accept that. Couldn't accept that his students, who had been chattering excitedly about the musical and pestering him about assignments over their long-awaited break, became lifeless bodies mere hours later. Couldn't accept that Cleo, Elise, and Jun had to shoulder the deaths of their friends and the cruel words from the public. Couldn't accept that Professor Yue, loved by all the students and her colleagues, vanished without a trace.

So despite "advisement" to stop all investigations into the incident, Eiichi delved in to find the truth. Over the past year, he made contact with every trustworthy source he had to find out more about the Faciete. He researched Rei Fey's whereabouts before the incident, whom he talked to, where he had been. He even spoke to the remaining Second Generations to learn more about the Otherworlder's original world to find any reason why the Faciete would be interested in them. There was so little that he could find, but it felt better than doing nothing and allowing the lives lost to be in vain.

He thought he'd been discreet enough for the academy to not find out, but this new arrangement was a red flag. Rolvel and Ymir must be suspecting something, and they were expecting Mitra to put an end to whatever Eiichi was up to.

Infuriating.

"I have no issues with this arrangement, so long as Professor Mitra agrees," Eiichi said without inflection. "I'll take my leave then. Have a good night."

Looking as unperturbed as ever, Eiichi turned on his heels and exited the room.

After walking a distance from the office, Eiichi said to Mitra, "We can talk about how to handle the students tomorrow. I look forward to working with you."

Despite the pleasantries, his tone and gaze were a tad colder than they had been. Once they were out of the building, Eiichi wordlessly entered his pocket space and returned to his dorm room for the night.

Nano Nano SilverBlack SilverBlack

Hanna was having a interesting dream, something along the line of unicorns telling her that drinking from the magic pond would send her home, but the pond was pitch black, with some sort of light at the bottom. But she wouldn't have enough time to finish her dream when Fred woke her up, saying something about an attack on one of their comrades. Hanna doubted it, but slid out of bed and watched Fred kick down a door while holding a kitchen knife. She scanned the room, everything was in place, nothing was trashed, and no monsters were in sight.
"Jesus Christ, this place is a nightmare" She groaned before approaching Fred and giving her a hug from behind. "Hey buddy, no one is here to take our roommate, so maybe put the pointy pointy away"Hanna said before taking the knife out of Fred's hands before she could hurt anyone. Cleo would ask for someone to Ravyn, and Hanna would go over to the kitchen area, Put the knife away, and fill a glass with water. "Here" Hanna said as she handed Ravyn the glass of water."well, I guess we had to get up anyways, what were we suppose to do today? something about an entrance ceremony?" Hanna asked. "and another thing, is their anywhere I can get coffee, or some form of caffeine? I feel like shit right now" Hanna yawned.

Elise Friedhelm.

Her friend’s tone was as casual as ever, yet Cleo’s words were enticing nonetheless, even more so than Elise had expected. A small push was all Elise had asked for, but perhaps the taller girl had gone the extra mile to convince her. After all, they had each other’s backs for a traumatic two years. Cleo must have figured that Elise’s wishy-washy attitude in regards to breaking rules would have potentially rendered any weaker words all for naught.

“You’re right. Well, have fun.” she replied to Cleo with a wave. Though she was curious as to why the girl intended on venturing back out towards the city, she wasn’t one to butt in. It wasn’t as if this were the first or second time she had done this, and Elise had long come to the realization that her friend was far more independent than she could ever be. She had her suspicions as to what Cleo may or may not be up to, but, as for now, they were looking for answers in their own, separate ways.

In the meantime, it was time to say farewell. Blue eyes gazed unsteadily at the vague ghosts which continued to plague the memories constructed in her room. Joyful laughter shared by two over tea breezed past her ear when she closed her eyes. With a deep, solemn breath, she reopened her eyes and slid a hand across the desk of her old roommate.

What’s gone was gone, but there were still things to do. After all, she couldn’t allow the sacrifices of her comrades and their predecessors to end in vain.

---

Closer...just a little more. Move!

Her outstretched hand grasped at the distant image of Luri, and her mouth opened to unleash a distressed scream. But before she could see her friend’s broken body be devoured by the black beast, another scream resonated with her soundless yelling, jolting the ash blonde out of her sleep.

Bleary-eyed and dazed as she was, Elise jumped down from the top bunk and stumbled towards her shield which was propped up against the bed frame. With her weapon secured in her hands, she rushed towards the source of the scream. No, not again. Even if their time since meeting had been brief, she couldn't allow for another member of this dorm to perish right in front of her eyes. Especially not when one had already disappeared from right under their noses earlier today.

However, there was not a Poex in sight. There was chaos to her left and utter bedlam to her right, but none were caused by the monstrosities she had come to hate. Soon, everything fell into place, painting a very familiar picture for Elise: the redhead had experienced a nightmare.

Seeing that Cleo was already working on soothing Ravyn, Elise chose not to crowd the spooked redhead and opted for walking back towards the kitchen to assist Hanna instead. Besides, she was sure there were others that would appreciate a cup.

“Anything coffee and tea related is in the top rightmost cabinet,” Elise informed while reaching up towards the handle. For all her effort, her hand continued to strain midair, trembling pathetically as she all but achieved her goal. Upon scanning the area for a stepstool to no avail, she let loose a tired sigh. In a last ditch effort, she lightly hopped once to ease the cabinet door open with her fingertips, revealing the contents inside.

“Here,” she said blandly. Her display of irritation had been brief, replaced with resignation to the world’s unforgiving nature towards the vertically challenged. For years, she had hoped to be blessed with a few more inches, but be it stretches or eating beans, nothing had managed to save her from the fate of remaining a five foot gnome. Even arriving in a new world hadn’t changed anything.

Shrugging off her brooding, Elise wordlessly made her way towards the kitchen counter. Her eyes traveled between the electric kettle and the coffee machine.

“Instant or brewed?” she asked, though she picked up the electric kettle regardless of Hanna’s answer. Toting it along with her, the silverette padded back towards Ravyn and Nora’s room. “Who else wan-”

However, before she could finish voicing her question, she froze. Something wasn’t right.

“Where’s Nora?”

SilverBlack SilverBlack Nessi Nessi @
everyone​

Last edited:
Mitra.

Mitra’s face remained passive in the face of Principal Rolvel’s jokes and Vice Principal Ceciline’s snide criticisms. After all, the woman was not wrong. He truly hadn’t taken note of the otherworlder’s disappearance. What was fearsome, however, was the knowledge that there was an unknown enemy with the ability to manipulate memories on such a wide scale, not to mention the fact that their repertoire extended to even affect nonhuman entities. Nevertheless, he raised a brow when the principal moved on to suggesting that he work together with Kikuchi in overseeing the otherworld students.

“Mitra, I shall assign you to work with Professor Kikuchi in supervising and leading these Otherworlders, and to report back to me if anything is to occur, as un-suspicious as it appears to be.” came the first of his direct orders from Rolvel. It was a simple order, seemingly one that merely cautioned him to keep a sharper eye on things. However, given the principal’s manner of tacking on the words “of course, Professor Kikuchi, that applies to you too” as if he were an afterthought, something appeared amiss. However, the expressions of the other three in the room gave little to nothing away.

“Understood,” he said, with little other choice. Though it was evident that there was a nuance to their words that he did not understand, his loyalty to Assisi was stronger than his doubts. If the duties expected of him didn’t conflict with his moral compass constructed by the will of father, he was willing. For the time being, he couldn’t cause Assisi trouble; he had long come to know that certain individuals assumed his actions were her instructions despite his being a golem with free will.

In spite of his blind resignation towards his duties, Mitra felt his core shudder when he heard the name “Vince” leave the principal’s mouth, eliciting another bout of confusion from the golem. Assisi always reassured him with a scathing look of pity that nothing was wrong with his core, but he was becoming more and more convinced that he was in need of repairs. Ever since their first few meetings, whenever the white-haired man drew close, his emotional capabilities would promptly shut down. And to this day, he could never understand why. Was it something about the way the man spoke so avidly about...what was it again?

Stabilizing his core, Mitra excused himself from the office to follow behind Kikuchi, stopping again when his coworker spoke.

"We can talk about how to handle the students tomorrow. I look forward to working with you." Kikuchi’s tone was temperate but dipped a smidge colder. Was his animosity aimed at him or Rolvel? Though likely the latter, he chose not to comment and merely nodded him goodnight.

A pensive expression settled on the golem’s face. Kikuchi’s reaction confirmed his suspicions that Rolvel meant for his coworker to be the primary target of his so-called reports. Should the man behave immorally, he would have little qualms about making such reports. However, Kikuchi was an upright and sensible man, one who deeply cared for his students. It was nigh impossible for such an individual to go against the wishes of his organization without good reason. On the other hand, the fact of the matter was that Mitra was obligated to listen to Rolvel as his employee.

Mitra stared off into the empty streets where Kikuchi had disappeared into his pocketspace. Was this what humans meant by the saying, “caught between a rock and a hard place?”

Last edited:

Wearing: Underwear
Location: Vehemen Academy, dormitories, 3rd floor, Rayvn's bedroom

---

"... it wasn't an attack?" came the unbelieving words from the tall girl's mouth, her eyes continuing to scan the room for the intruder that must have just missed catching. Even as the others moved about the room at their leisure, Cleo bending down to comfort the shaking redhead while Hanna returned the knife to the kitchen, Frederika stood in disbelief. The scream, the sounds of glass breaking, of furniture being tossed about; these were hallmarks of a dynamic entry straight through a plate glass window; these were what she went off when she moved to act. But as she looked around, spying the broken water glass but intact windows, the upturned chairs but not broken wood, she was left to concede that the small white haired girl was right. Ravyn must have been having some sort of nightmare, the subject unknown but which had triggered her unconscious form to manifest her powers in fear, a fact all but confirmed by the glow now emanating from the familiar tattoo on her arm. Small patches of red began to form upon Fredi's cheeks as she realized she had merely lengthened her streak of failures. "Ah, I... am sorry then," she forced out, lowering her head in shame. "This is not helpful to you." As Elise temporarily headed out to the kitchen to join Hanna, Frederika silently retreated to a far corner, now well cognizant that her form looming over the still panicking Ravyn would not do the poor girl any favors.

As she did so, some small instinct in the back of her head told her there was still something off about the room, and so, as she waited for the other two to return, she took one last glance over at Ravyn. At this angle, thanks to her height, she could actually make out both beds at the same time; the lower one housing the cowering form of the red-headed girl, and the upper one-.

-wait, hang on.

The marking on her back flared to life as realization suddenly snapped into place. Despite the blood curdling scream that Ravyn had emitted, which subsequently had awoken much of the student suite, Ravyn's own roommate, literally the first person Fredi would have expected to react had not made her presence known in the slightest. She thought back to the limo, and remembered her experiences witnessing what seemed to be an subtle stealth power first hand, and so deemed to ensure this was not simply a reprisal of the same. She intently scanned the room, searching for any sight of the girl. No signs... remain focused, continue the search. She began to peer into the now opened closets, searching for some trace of the girl was very nearly untraceable. [/i]Still nothing... this can't be...[/i]

"I apologize again Ravyn, but I must approach you momentarily. Please remain calm," she spoke in a tone halfway between an assurance and an order. With measured footfalls, she made her way over to the bunk bed, and with a single foot upon a rung halfway up the ladder, propelled herself onto the top bunk to find-

"Where's Nora?"

Fredi turned from her position atop the bed, tossing both the pillow and the bedsheets to the ground in a single pull. As the latter fluttered to the ground like a lost sail, revealing a completely empty bed, all she could say was "she's... gone."

Interacting xXx.lovely.xXx xXx.lovely.xXx Nessi Nessi Nano Nano SilverBlack SilverBlack

Last edited:
Well great, yet another missing student, or maybe a run-away student. Hanna couldn't tell, "brewed..." She mumbled to Elise before walking towards Ravyn room and inspecting the room along side Fred. If Nora had ran away, she did it in the middle of the night, while Ravyn was having a nightmare and everyone was asleep. If Hanna was correct, then you might as well call Nora fucking Naruto with this level of stealth.
"No point in staying in Ravyn's room if she's gone..." Hanna sighed as she patted Freds back. This morning was turning out to be a lot more than just a case of someone getting spooked. Which foiled Hanna's plan of a peaceful morning.

But why would Nora leave, or why would someone come here to take just her? Hanna was so confused, it was very visible as she sat down at the coffee table. Her left leg was bouncing up and down as Hanna tried to figure out what was going on.
"Hey, Fred...you think she ran away, or someone took her..." Hanna asked as she stared into empty space. Honestly she had no idea what to do.

-- Remaining Vehemen Academy Student? --

Wearing: Underwear
Location: Vehemen Academy, dormitories, 3rd floor, Rayvn's bedroom

---

Frederika clambered down from the top bunk, an entirely too familiar frown upon her face as she now bore evidence of yet another Third Generation student having gone missing. She remained silent, standing with her arms crossed as her face contorted with every analysis that was now passing through her head. It wasn't an attack, she repeated, we have already established this. The broken water glass and the upturned chair are consistent with an uncontrolled burst of power, not a midnight raid. We know this to be true, she repeated again, almost more in an effort to quell the slowly building terror inside her. It is entirely possible she left of her own volition; if Ravyn can have a nightmare, who is to say Nora did not also harbor similar feelings of dread at our current situation and fled?

She chewed her lip as she continued to think. But if this were the case, why tell noone? Did she fear a reprisal from the Academy? The administrators have undoubtedly demonstrated they know quite a bit more than they are willing to let on, yet they did not seem to wish us harm: they could have just as easily allowed us to all be captured by the enemy after our encounter with the Poex. Unless... are we merely serving their own ends in so much as becoming Academy students? Certainly it seems as if this world summons those with greater powers when the hour is nigh, but is that not the only interest being played at the table? A small groan escaped from Fredi's lips as she again grasped her temples in a desperate attempt to gain a grasp on the situation.

Likely sensing her mental frustration, Hanna stepped over, remarking "No point in staying in Ravyn's room if she's gone..." with a sigh of her own before giving the taller girl a pat on the back to try and calm her down.

Frederika started a bit when she felt the hand on her back, not expecting someone's touch and already somewhat running at full throttle given the events of the evening, before turning to look at Hanna in recognition. "Ah... yes I suppose you are correct. Let us give our companion some space to recover. Ravyn," she said, turning again to the girl with a slight bow, "we shall take our leave for now. If you are still afraid, you can-" Again she stopped, the words she wanted to say double clutching in her mouth, and instead the red haired girl was simply left with a "goodnight" before Frederika turned in place to exit the room. She walked with Hanna out to the coffee table in the main room, sitting down on the couch a small distance away from her roommate, her arms propped up on her bent legs, head held in her hands staring straight at the floor as she continue to work things out.

"Hey, Fred...you think she ran away, or someone took her..." Hanna asked, an empty look on her face, looking very much lost and pensive.

"I... do not know, Hanna," Frederika said from her hunched over position, before straightening out to look over at the other girl, "and I do not like not knowing. I... want desperately to belive that she left of her own free will, whether because of fear or desire or whatever. I want to belive she is now finding her way through the world, perhaps the city we just left, in a desperate attempt to find a way back to our world. I do not want to think that in one night, some nebulous force, or forces, has eluded the watchful eye of the administrators at this school and taken multiple of our companions for unknown reasons, because the very possibility of it being true fills me with a level of dread I am I am uncertain I will be able to overcome as we begin our school year." The corners of her eyes began to droop and her lips began to tremble, and if Hanna was looking closely, for the first time since the blonde had gotten here, genuine worry seemed to be forming as Frederika's generally stoic visage began to crack.

When Fredi kicked the door down, Ravyn screamed again. She hugged her knees to her chest and compressed herself into a ball. Well. Everyone in the near vicinity was in her room now. This was beyond embarrassing.

Ravyn was only half aware of what people were saying to her. A headache throbbed in the back of her head and filled her ears. She was jolted back to reality when a glass of water was pressed into her hands.
" I-I have water... it's right there..."
She gestured to the place where her glass of water once was. Her eyes went from its previous place on the desk to the toppled chairs to the splash mark on the wall and broken glass on the floor.
" Oh..."

The German girl, Frederika, (she should really start calling her by her name...) was apologizing. Why was she apologizing?
" It's really me who should be apologizing to you. I woke you up..."
The words died in her mouth as she realized. As the empty sheet from the top bunk floated to the ground, Ravyn's eyes widened to the size of dinner plates.
"Wait... Nora's.... gone? How...?"

Ravyn's mind flooded with thoughts. Her eyes darted around the room. Her head was swimming, and her headache was amplified. Stress was building. She felt the threat of another flare... Her tattoo began to glow again as her thoughts sped up and everything caught up to her at once. Every emotion she had been bottling up since the battle threatened to explode... fear, worry, hopelessness, despair...

Nope. Ravyn abrupty got up and followed Fredi and Hanna out of her room wordlessly. Nora was gone. She had a power burst. She had embaressed herself wholly, maybe even beyond repair. She needed a drink. Ravyn ran a hand through her hair and turned to Hanna.
" Hey, thanks for the water. "
She turned her attention to the kitchen, eyes scanning the cabinets.
" Do you know where they'd keep the strong stuff? "

Somewhat interacted with ~ SilverBlack SilverBlack Nessi Nessi Nano Nano PixelSymphony PixelSymphony

Last edited:
hashimoto kiyoshi
scroll!

It seemed that scarcely had Kiyoshi lain down on the top bunk bed when he was jerked into consciousness by the sound of a scream. He had, of course, managed to get a couple hours of sleep, but he sure didn't feel like it as he sat up, blinking his eyes rapidly and groping blindly for his sword. His hand closed around it, and he felt an instinctive rush of relief—even if he had absolutely zero idea about the situation.

Still. That didn't mean he shouldn't help.

Bleary and still with one foot in his blessedly dreamless slumber, he got out of bed in a move that was half a purposeful step and half a graceless tumble from the top. From there he stumbled in the direction of the scream; by the time he got there, it seemed like he was one of the last ones to arrive.

There didn't seem to be any monsters or armed hostiles he should worry about. Apparently, one of his peers—the red-headed girl, Ravyn, if he recalled correctly—had suffered from a nightmare. His heart ached in sympathy, but he simply hovered near the door, unsure how to go about offering his condolences. Perhaps it'd be best if he simply didn't attempt anything... the others looked like they had the situation under control, after all, and he was a bit clumsy when it came to emotionally delicate matters.

"Where's Nora?"

The question jarred him. As expected, when his eyes flicked to the other bed in the room, it was empty. Although no one had yet said anything, he could feel tensions in the room increasing—so perhaps it was for the best that people began trickling out. At a loss, and knowing for certain that he could not fall back asleep if he tried, he followed after them.

He heard snippets of conversation between Hanna and Frederika, as they discussed whether it was likelier she ran away or was taken. Personally, he hoped neither were the case, and that the administrators had simply pulled her out of her room in the middle of the night to make some separate arrangements, but he kept quiet.

That was, until Ravyn's voice floated over to him.

"Do you know where they'd keep the strong stuff?"

Kiyoshi bit the inside of his cheek before he made his way over to her, pressing a hand against the cabinets directly above her as if to keep them closed. "You're upset, and rightfully so," he said, trying to be as soothing as he can but also firm. "It's been stress after stress since we arrived, but a sure way to make a—not ideal situation worse is to drink. I'm fairly certain we're more equipped to handle another Poex than a hangover."

The harsh sound of a scream rudely interrupted Adrian's long-awaited sleep. Awoken as if splashed with a bucket of cold water, he struggled to dispel the remnants of his maddeningly cryptic dream, whatever it was about. He floundered about in his blankets, struggling to remember wherewhenhow - ah, that's right. Adrian stilled quickly as he remembered where he was, then jolted upright as he was assailed by another noise, this time a loud bang. What was it? Another attack?

Out of the corner of his eye, Adrian saw feet descending somewhat ungainly from the top bunk. Kiyoshi, it seemed. The other boy dropped to the ground and quickly exited the room. Adrian rolled from his bed in pursuit, falling to the ground amongst violent curses as his blankets trapped his legs. Stumbling to feet, the boy snatched up Sir Polealot, tossing his shirt away, and set off hastily. As he stepped out of his room, Adrian saw the others gathering in one of the other bedrooms. Creeping down the hall as stealthily as he could - which really wasn't much, but was an admirable effort -, he peeked through the doorway, ready to bash heads in. Nothing. Well, there was a whole lot of something, he couldn't help but notice, but no assailants, no monsters, and no face-eating aliens. Pushing past that little voice in the back of his head (Oh hot damn, it whispered traitorously at the sight of more bare skin than he was prepared for), Adrian took quick stock of the situation.

He appeared to be the last one to the scene of the seemingly non-existent crime, Kiyoshi having arrived several moments before him. From the looks of it, Ravyn had been woken up by some sort of nightmare, letting out the scream that had awoken Adrian in the first place. The subsequent commotion was Frederika (who he most certainly was not looking at) crashing through the door. So no attack. Moving away from the doorway to avoid blocking it, Adrian fell against the wall and sagged in relief, the tension draining from his bones. Despite whatever reassurance Sir Polealot gave him, Adrian didn’t want to fight again. Not so soon, at least. They would all have to eventually, he recognized, but it wasn't something he looked forward to.

"Where's Nora?"

And just like that, two words stripped Adrian of whatever peace he'd regained. Spinning back around the corner, he realized that Nora wasn't in the room. He'd missed it before in all the commotion, but it was clear now that she wasn;t in her bed or anywhere else in the room, an unusual fact given that this was her bedroom.

"She's...gone," Frederika stated. Adrian could feel his heart threatening to crawl up his throat and run away screaming bloody murder. Where was she? Had there been an actual attack and they'd all missed it? A more poisonous thought wormed its way into his head. Had she... run away? It wasn't unexpected really, he realized. Adrian himself had considered it before. It just seemed safer to stick to the group than try to escape. Maybe Nora had come to a different conclusion. Of course, there were other, far more reasonable explanations. But given that no one seemed aware that she'd left - and she had left; there was no way she could still be in the residence and not have heard the screams - and the fact that they'd already lost someone only a few hours earlier, those explanation were looking more and more tenuous. Adrian's heart beat hard enough that he could feel it pulse through his body.

Either way, Nora was gone. Adrian moved out of the way of the remaining girls, who were leaving the room. Ravyn looked... well, he wasn't really sure. If anything, she seemed a little fed up. An odd reaction, to be sure, but perhaps understandable. This wasn't the best start to their stay here. After taking one last look into the absolute mess that used to be Ravyn and Nora's room, Adrian turned away and trailed behind the others. He was already up and it wasn't likely he'd get much sleep after this.

"Do you know where they'd keep the strong stuff?" Ravyn asked. Adrian paused, surprised by her question. Liquor? At this time of day? Though it was really more like night, given that it was much too dark outside to be awake. He took a long look at the redhead, filing away the fact that she seemed to be an alcoholic in the making.

You're upset, and rightfully so." Kiyoshi crossed over to the cabinets in the kitchen and blocked them off. "It's been stress after stress since we arrived, but a sure way to make a—not ideal situation worse is to drink. I'm fairly certain we're more equipped to handle another Poex than a hangover."

He wasn't wrong. Especially if they were expected to go to classes in only a few hours. Drinking now was a terrible idea. Adrian scratched his shin with Sir Polelot and shrugged. There were more important things at stake for him. Namely, coffee. And, he realized as he shivered, a shirt. But coffee first.

"Do you mind if I get a cup too?" He yawned widely and rounded on Elise, who had a hold on the electric kettle. "Way too early for anything without it."

Nano Nano

Users who are viewing this thread

Back