• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Sassafras Jenkins
and
Maximillian Bonaparte
- The Fridge, West of Ancient Bind Mountains -
Isa's Caravan​

Max was a little surprised by the fact that L hugged him. He had barely had two words with the Gnome and she offered him this act of friendship so he responded with an "aw shucks!" and lifted her into a monster bear hug but was careful not to squash her. It was nice to see Sassy making friends outside of enemies because he couldn't honestly say that she didn't have plenty of the latter and not enough of the former.

The big dork was coming to be quite fond of Wild Flower as well. Maybe he just had a soft spot for those of the diminutive in size category, but the two smallest ladies with the seemingly biggest hearts were really growing on him and he especially liked Wild's reactions every time he ruffled her hair, though he made a mental note to stop rubbing her head like a kid because she was still a lady and likely was as fussy about her appearance as any other judging from how she attempted to straighten her hair every time he mussed it. He hadn't realized consciously that she had covered him with a blanket as he slept, but he did snuggle into it slightly, nestling his smooth and sturdy chin into it as he tilted his head to the side and continued to rest on his back with his feet up on the arm of the loveseat. He didn't even look that comfortable with how his head was propped up on some pillows on one arm and his socked feet propped on the opposite side, he definitely looked too big for the small couch but it seemed like he was comfortable because he hardly stirred the whole time he slept.

Sassy definitely approved of Vidya's decision to secure the Templars and the fact that she remained vigilant in guarding them, part of why she had decided to stay with her was because on the off chance that they got free, she wanted to be present to help secure them. She grinned broadly when Vidya asked about her drink, "choco-cider," she offered the mug up and gave a wink, "with a kick!" on top of the drink in question was a thick layer of fluffy white cream which was topped lightly with a combination of chocolate shavings and cinnamon that seemed to be quickly melting from the heat of the drink beneath it.

When the Templars started waking up and Vidya left to aware the others that they were awake, Sassy stayed but didn't try to talk to them. She just sipped her drink which was cooling down steadily and watched over them for a time. It was likely that they could sense her presence and she would respond if they asked who was there, figuring that remaining silent would only make Foxx certain that it was her anyway. She remained there until Vidya returned with L and gave the Gnome a pat on the shoulder as she left to the common room. It would be fine to leave them now that they were securely asleep again, she trusted in L's magic enough to be certain that they wouldn't wake up again until the group was ready to watch over them again.

During the interval of when the Templars were put back to sleep and everyone else had woken up, Sassy went through the particulars of their belongings, particularly concerning the letters. She needed to make sure of where the vault key was for one and for two, she wanted to see what sort of correspondence they had been up to and of course was most interested in what Foxx's letter said. Though it couldn't be said that the one from the other supposed Templar wasn't interesting and her brow furrowed slightly at the mention of The Highlands and her lips quirked into a slight smirk at the idea that an outsider had infiltrated the Templars and was basically using them for their own gain. Sassy wondered what Foxx would have to say about it, she wondered how he would react if he knew that he was being used. Well, she wouldn't be the bearer of the news and so she folded up the letters and put them both away and when everyone was gathered together to read them, she sat in the back and out of the way, her pipe in hand and one leg draped over the arm of the chair she sat in as she leaned in it somewhat lopsided.

Max was already in the kitchen when everyone arrived and had fixed a huge stack of griddle cakes made like the nomads make them, super fluffy, a little chewy, and a little crispy and all done on an open flame. It didn't matter that it wasn't breakfast, who would say no to pancakes? Sassy was glad because she wanted him present. After reading about the Highlands, it seemed that there was another large stake in this that she hadn't known about and wondered if Max did. She didn't think that he wouldn't considering how long he had been at the Sunken Temple, but in case it was so she wanted to make sure he new what was in the letters as well. Of course there was that and the fact that he made griddle cakes, she took two and stuffed them with fruit, cheese, and some butter and ate them like a sandwich before she settled into her chair to wait for everyone else.

Once Isa had finished reading both letters to the group, Max looked at Sassy who still sat silent, taking in a deep puff from her pipe and blowing it out casually from the corner of her mouth as she observed the others. She wasn't going to speak unless spoken to and Max shook his head after making a gesture towards her as if to say, 'well? Have anything to say?' to which she just gave a shrug and wriggled down in her chair, though the impish smirk on the corner of her mouth was unmistakable.

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya Felix Felix

- Caravan -
Wild winced at the sound of L bumping into the doorframe, frowning in her concern as the gnome was lead by Vidya. Then she felt a light tap on her shoulder, making her jump. The rabbit spun around to lightly scold whoever scared her only to see a purple clothed pack that’s close to her pink nose. She can feel the cold air that’s coming from inside. Her red eyes looked up, seeing Isa’s worried face.

“This should help with the swelling.” Isa hinted as Wild reached up and held the pack- it felt squishy. She peeked inside through the hole that’s made from the tied ends and saw white snow. Did Isa go outside to make this for L? She looked at him. “Of course. Excuse me.” She said before hopping away. Once she reached the girl’s room, Wild carefully placed the ice pack on her forehead where she saw a light red mark. Then tucked the blankets around her before hopping away, keeping the door slightly open in case she yelled for something.

When she came back down, Isa was back in front of the fire place, meditating again. The rabbit continued her conversations with the others, keeping her voice low to not wake up Max, and included Moss once he came back inside from his outdoor’s nap. As he settled and was writing in his book, Wild mentioned how she had to help Max push the motorcycle out from a small hole and the snow was too slippery. “Next thing I know, I fell in the hole and finally got the bike out. Thanks to Young Max, I was able to get out too.” She giggled. Then she saw Isa coming over and sat next to Moss. Close to the warm iron stove as he just listened in the conversation while meditating. Can a person meditate while listening to a conversation? She didn’t know.

It’s rather funny how each one reacted to the other. To Wild, it was like watching a bunch of shy kids talking to each other for the first time and being bashful during class.

As L came down, Isa opened his eyes and grinned at her. “It’s only fair to wait for ya. You’re the leader after all.” He stood up from his spot, went over to grab the letters, and came back. Not minding that some of the members in this little group hovered over his back as he read the letters for everyone to hear. He took a tiny step forward though, grinning softly.

It...it gave him comfort...reminding him of the sect he is in, but he rather not have people touch him that casually. Not yet, at least. So he faced everyone like a kid in front of class as he read.

“This is from my uncle.” Isa started, recognizing the handwriting. At first, he was fine, but he scoffed when he read, “I say this with concern for your well being—- right. The day he does start to care will be the day where everyone lives in the Blood moors.” Isa growled before clearing his throat. He took a deep breath before continuing on. Then he finished reading, lips twisted in bitter resentment. He looked at the others around him and stayed on the bunny who seemed to stand next to Sassy. Her tiny form shaking as she stared with wide frantic eyes. Paws curled tightly on her dusty pink skirt.

“Are ya okay, Mrs. Wild?” Isa asked and the bunny shook her head. “I-I’ll be fine, young man.” The redhead didn’t look away, frowning as he looked at the letter.

“The guardians are strong. James has fought with the Templars before.” Wild perked up, surprised that Isa knew James at all. With that, the bunny nodded and gulped. She wanted to write to everyone in Bird village for an update as soon as possible. Perhaps give them this information about the Templars as well—should this group trust her enough to do it.

Isa opened the other letter and read it out loud too. Once again, clearing his throat to stop himself from growling as he paused at the ‘living stain’ part. His brow raised up high by the end of it and looked at Sassy for a good minute. Something about this letter was off. Not in a bad way, just surprising. The vague hints Sassy gave during the chase, how she was confident that the thieves would go up to her, and she was right; Foxx went up to her. She mentioned about how she hurt one of them; Foxx has an eyepatch, did she do that in the past? Now this letter is mentioning a daughter. Foxx was the old man, the crazy Templar, and now that Isa has a good look at Sassy’s face— they...kind of look similar.

”. . . Sassy, if Foxx is your dad, he’s a butt.”

He reached up and rubbed the bridge of his nose, annoyed by the information in front of them. Oh yea...there’s a headache alright. What sort of mess did his uncle got himself into? Really? He teamed up with Theosebia— possibly the same one that Moss heard from the kutulus back at Windshear, the one who was giving off that evil aura before—-who has an influence over the Templars. Why would his uncle steal those books if she had an influence over them? Did she recently do it? Like 15 days ago soon or something? That can’t be because Penny was already helping his uncle way before a month ago.

“ . . . What in the world is my uncle doing?” Isa muttered, frowning in distaste as he glared at the letters. His mind swirling in theories and checking them off as quickly as he thought of them.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Felix Felix

Last edited:
- Caravan -
"West of Ancient Bind Mountains, The Fridge"

Moss knelt and placed a comforting hand on Wild's shoulder. "I thought James told Giovanni that Therias was dead," said Moss glancing up at Isa, "so why did he send this Foxx guy with fake-Therias to kidnap L?" he looked at the little gnome, but she was gaping at Sassy.

"Dad?" went a flabbergasted Vidya at Sassy, pulling her magenta sunglasses down and scrutinizing her face. Her eyes widened in realization at the resemblance.

L closed her mouth, then looked at Isa. "What do you mean dad? Foxx, if I'm correct, he's a high ranking Templar in Menagerie Coast. But, Sassy, you're . . . is he your dad? Why would he try to kill his own daughter?"

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Sassafras Jenkins
and
Maximillian Bonaparte
Isa's Caravan​

It was better for Max to stand to the rear of everyone else as the letters were read since he was likely the tallest of the bunch. Except for when he gestured at Sassy, his arms mostly remained folded over his chest, accentuating the size of his tattooed biceps which were currently hidden by the knit wool of his gray turtle neck sweater. He was now looking down at the floor through the clear lenses of his glasses as the fingertips of his left hand lightly stroked his broad chin in thought, his brow deeply furrowed above his straight nose. Though his lips did quirk into an amused smile at Isa's term for Foxx and glanced back to Sassy as all attention seemed to fall on her and the concept of her likely parentage.

Sassy gave an abrupt and entertained laugh at Isa's comment and shook her head, "nah... he's more than a butt, but there are sensitive ears present so we'll just go with that," she nodded her head towards the obviously unsettled Wild Flower before with a sigh, she swung her feet to the floor and tapped the remnants of her pipe into an ashtray set on the small side table beside her, "Ignatius Foxx, AKA -- The One Eyed Foxx, Turcopolier of the Templars of The Grotto," it wasn't very common for Sassy to appear somber, but speaking of this matter, she did take on that appearance even though she added air quotes as she mentioned the alias her father went by before she continued, "and this is why he wants to kill me."

She pulled off the baggie sweater she was wearing in order to give everyone a better look at her arm. The entirety of her right arm was mechanical, and it evidently wasn't only her arm that was so. The wide neck of her lopsided sweater had been hiding it while leaving her organic shoulder visible, hanging off the left side of her body instead of the right, but her right shoulder was also mechanical and it didn't stop there. Sassy turned and lifted the right side of her loose gray tank top to show that a great deal of her right side, almost down to her hip and nearly half of her chest, was also comprised of the same mechanical work as her arm and after she was certain that everyone had a good look at it, she lowered her shirt and put her sweater back on, lifting her pipe again and making sure that she had tapped out all of the fragrant herb she had been smoking as she spoke, "I wouldn't call him my dad but he did have a part in my even existing."

A shrug of her shoulders was given and she leaned back in her chair after she was sure that her pipe was clean, a somewhat dour smile on her face, "no love lost there," she chuckled and seemed to be back to her old mood as she pointed at Isa, "looks like I'm not the only one with familial troubles... what d'ya think the old man'd say if he knew about Penny? Should we tell 'im?" There was a great deal of mirth and mischief now in her look and tone as she leaned forward in her chair, giving Isa an urging look.

Max shook his head, not really surprised nor concerned for Sassy's sudden change in mood as he stepped nearer to Wild Flower and put a gentle hand on her shoulder, "hey... I'm sure they're okay... the people I work with are in Bird Village now and they'll help out any way they can."

- Caravan -

Isa listened, re-reading the letters as he tried to come up with an answer to Moss. Not minding the parent discovery as much as what the letters are saying. Upon hearing a quiet gasp from the white rabbit, however, the redhead looked up and owlishly blinked at the working gears and metals on Sassy’s right side. Then he snarled, his fingers curled tightly on the papers, and crinkling them in the process. His eyes steeled as he hissed. “He should be happy that you’re still alive, that pric-“

”Language, Young Isa.” Wild flower scolded half-heartedly, staring at the mechanics that’s keeping Sassy alive. Isa snorted, pouting. She tensed at the feeling of someone’s hand on her shoulder, snapping her head towards that direction and relaxed. She grinned gratefully at Moss and nodded silently, gently patting his hand. When she felt another gentle hand on her other shoulder, the white rabbit grinned a little wider. Greatly comforted as she gently patted Max’s hand too.

These kids are so sweet, the lot of them.

So she perked up, puffing her chest as she breathed in and sighed out. “Of course. Thank you...May they kick tuckus.” Wild flower sniffed, confident in the strength of the young ones back home.

“Nope, you’re not the only one, it seems.” Isa stared at Sassy for a minute before he matched her grin with his own impish one; looking like a cat who caught a canary. ”That would be satisfying ~ We shouuuuld~” He chuckled evilly, sounding like a cartoon villain as his grip on the paper loosened. Then he gazed at Moss, his impish grin sharpened. To the merman who knew Isa well, the redhead was annoyed. To everyone else, he seemed casual in his answers.

”Probably to hand over L and the key to that butt munching uncle of mine under the guise of a Templar hunt.” Isa theorized . “Written in my uncle’s letter, ‘Theosebia has control over the Templars and an inquisitor.‘ That inquisitor in question could be Giovanni for all we know. The proof we have is Penny and Silver head coming with Foxx disguised as other people who are dead. They don’t care about the old man. He’s disposable, not like Penny and Milan... for now.” Isa ended ominously, knowing how his uncle can be when it comes to his victims.

“Foxx is only here to restore his ‘honor’...seems like not every Templar is aware of what‘s going on in the background either.” Isa snorted. “I bet my uncle is manipulating others too, with his ludicrous words of ‘comfort’ and convince them to do horrible things.” He hissed, thin yellow veins starting to invade the indigo in his eyes, branching out.

“Yo-Young Isa, your eyes...” Wild Flower pointed out and the redhead started to take deep breaths. Not hiding his scars this time as he calmed himself down. “Sorry...anything my uncle does pisses me off.“

The members of C.U.R.E would know a bit about those sickly yellow veins. They heard stories of the elusive demon hunters that smell of hellmist and the people they help. Giving them small pouches of wisteria to repel the demons too. It was rare to even have a glimpse of the demon hunters in their work, always hiding from plain view. However, there was a member who was traveling through the Forbidden forest that had met a demon hunter by the name of Father Ryn. He explained to that member of the warning signs to lookout for should they ever meet someone that’s infected by Hellmist or drank demon blood. One of them being sickly yellow veins in the eyes. Another was intense rage and attacking those around them as their forms change into something grotesque. Yet here was Isa, standing still and calm with those yellow eyes. Still human-ish elf...ish. It was strange, to say the least.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
- Caravan -

Vidya and L's eyes widened in surprise, while Moss immediately looked away when Sassy lifted her shirt.

Vidya shook her head, frowning, putting up her magenta sunglasses back on and clicking her tongue disapprovingly at the back storage door. "I don't know about you, but he deserves more than just being told he got played." she crossed her crystallized stump and arm. "Well, he's all yours to do whatever you want, Sassy." she said supportively. She looked away, thinking. 'Late wife'. Vidya wondered what happened to Sassy's mom. Did she die naturally or was she murdered? She was starting to shake with anger, and walked away to look at the blizzard outside the rattling windows.

L looked heartbroken for Sassy, and went forward looking a little unsure. "Do you want a hug?" she asked respectfully.

When Isa looked at Moss with a sharpened gaze, he returned the look with a somber nod and held his hand, a quiet gesture of, 'I'm here. Whatever you want to do, I'm down.' When his eyes turned that familiar demonic gold, he just squeezed his hand. Not to tell him to not be angry, but to feel it with him and temper it to a calm anger that was thoughtful instead of reckless. He looked at Sassy. "I'm sorry for what happened to you, Sassy, and Wild. I know we just met, but if you want to save your home," he looked at Wild, "I'll help. Lady Giantsbane and her people were nice to me and Isa when we were there, they protected us from Giovanni." he looked at Isa guiltily, then back at Wild. "I'm sorry for the portal, I feel like it's also my fault they're starting a war in your home because I spread that information around looking for Isa."

Sassafras Jenkins
and
Maximillian Bonaparte
Isa's Caravan​

Sassy's arm wasn't any sort of elegant piece of machinery despite being at optimal efficiency and a solid piece of work. Rather than one shade of polished steel it was an assortment of metals ranging anywhere from pale shades of gray to ones that were almost solid black. Each piece of what would be muscle and bone was a virtual monochrome rainbow of wires and tubing that despite some protective plating and fabric that seemed to try and hide the appearance -- could be seen near the joints as well as the smaller appearance of wires and the like around the joints of her knuckles and fingers which weren't so easily hidden, especially on the palm. Not only did the extent of the part of the false arm reach almost to the middle of her chest, which was curved in such a way to emulate a false breast so she wasn't lopsided -- but it also stretched around to nearly the middle of her back and all was fused to her flesh magically with a large scar that went around the edges of the whole. The machinery had its own sounds as it whirred softly when she move it, along with a pulsing hiss and other assorted mechanical sounds. She didn't seem to mind showing the whole work to them in the least and it wasn't entirely indecent since none of her actual flesh was visible but she couldn't help quirk a smirk at Moss for looking away, she'd probably poke fun at him about it later. Once she was settled again she lifted her pipe, lightly gnawing on the mouthpiece even though it was no longer lit as she shrugged her shoulders slightly at Isa, 'eh... no reason to get worked up, I don't."

Max on the other hand didn't examine Sassy's parts with any particular scrutiny. He had been there when it had been pieced together, when it saved her life. He had actually helped with that. He was genuinely gladdened by Wild Flower's reaction to his hand on her shoulder and gave it a little squeeze, careful to be gentle since she was so much smaller than him, and gave her a firm nod and confident smile.

Sassy actually guffawed as Isa agreed with her statement about their relatives and leaned back in her chair, resuming her somewhat lopsided position leaning against one arm of the chair one of her legs over the other arm. Everyone else in the room seemed to be a lot more worked up over the circumstances than Sassy was, she was as chill as ever. She gave a shrug to Vidya and chuckled slightly, tilting her head back and looking at the ceiling for no apparent reason, "aye... but I was gonna' say the same to ya'll," she looked at L with a blank face for a moment before grinning brightly and basically stealing the Gnome into a hug, "yeah, but only because I like you and not because I need it," she hadn't yet released L from her grip when Isa took on his sudden change and while Max's brow furrowed slightly at the appearance, Sassy just blurted out an abrupt laugh along with an unsurprising quip since she always seemed to have one ready, "oh! No wonder you're such a Hellbeast!"

Max shook his head and put Sassy's usual... well sassiness at the back of his mind as he stepped up to the others, "I came from the Highlands... my crew has been working in the Sunken Temple but we were pushed out by the Templars... they shouldn't have access to a power like the portal."

"Max!" Sassy pet L's head anxiously.

"Nah nah... I know some of their secrets... it's okay," Max waved Sassy off as she huffed and puckered her lips in up in defiance until her cupids bow touched her nose, "we are a part of an organization that specializes in uncovering relics of the past... and I was actually in Sanctuary to gather resources... mostly in the form of fighters... we plan on driving the Templars out."

He glanced back at Sassy who shrugged her shoulders and finally let go of L, mostly because Nibblet showed up and demanded her spot on Sassy's lap be relinquished with persistent meowing. Max returned his gaze to the others but his eyes lingered on Wild Flower, "my boss Muskrat meant to parley with Giantsbane while I was gone rounding up other sects of our group."

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi and Wild Flower -

“Alright~ then I’m takin’ im and his little henchmen to the Godfather. Wanna get meh bike back.” Isa replied to Sassy‘s offer, trying his best to not growl again while taking deep breaths. Somewhat glad that she’s laughing about his agreement. As much as Vidya is right about giving Foxx more of a punishment, the redhead knew how good it would feel for Sassy to know that she one-upped her own father and to see his reaction at the truth. Petty perhaps. Childish, maybe, but it’s something he understood in a personal sense. I mean...who wouldn’t want to have that satisfaction of sending the one who hurt you into a spiral of despair?

As a hand held his own, golden eyes glanced over to teal ones that are a head taller. Isa stared, his silent yet heavy breathing eventually evened out. His boiling anger soothed into a simmer, not overwhelming his senses as he just listened what’s going on around them. Then he felt his gloved hand being squeezed, so he squeezed back. The redhead quirked a corner of his lips, grateful and appreciative of the comforting presence Moss gives him. The merman is an anchor of sorts, letting him float around but keeping him steady in one place. His tense shoulders slumped as he took another deep breath—-only to choke on air as soon he heard Sassy’s quip.

He passively stared at the woman for a moment, gears turning in his brain. Seems like she knew of what his eyes meant—of what he used to suffer and have scars from. He grinned impishly, his tone sounding playful. “Ya just figured it out?—-need a light for your pipe?” He offered at the end.

”I’m also sorry for even starting the portal in the first place.” Isa said after Moss’ apology to the white rabbit, his own brows furrowing in his own guilt.

Wild Flower craned her neck up, pausing her gentle pats of comfort on a Sassy’s knee with a paw—-or she hoped it was comforting. Red eyes blinked. Then she shook her head, lopped ears wilting a bit as she smiled in a painful acceptance. “You two are not the ones who are starting a war; the Templars are.” Then she sighs. “But thank you for your condolences.”

The rabbit perked up in surprise from Sassy’s anxiety. That didn‘t happen before. This must be serious and the rabbit realized why. So did the redhead as the demonic golden color started to blend back into the indigo.

“Parley?” Wild Flower asked, tilting her head.

“It means to negotiate.” Isa helped casually then he looked at Max with a raised brow. “So there’s a chance that Minnie is gonna accept your group’s help. If that’s true, I don‘t mind helping ya too. More reasons to block my uncle’s plans in the process.”

“Then...if it’s not too much trouble, I would like to help in your cause, Sir Max.” Wild Flower piped up, her heart beat hard against her chest. Hope starting to fill up the more she thought about returning home. She didn‘t want to lose another home. Not again. “I’m not that smart with researching, but I’m a decent fighter —- of course, I’ll help with the original goal to this group too.” She added for L’s sake. She’s assuming from based what Vidya vaguely said in their travels.

”Speaking of, L. The key is in the box, meh thinks.” Isa piped up, taking a metal key from his pocket. Then he leaned down to offer the key to the gnome. Then gestured at the box that’s on the clear-like table. “Here ya go. I haven’t opened it yet.”

- Caravan -

"Okay, okay, okay." said L happily, throwing away her pity and just hugging Sassy. She felt like a cat when she patted her head anxiously, as though she was a little stress reliever. She laughed when Nibblet started meowing insistently. "Oh, I won't take your place." she reassured the kitty, offering a finger for her to sniff before caressing the top of her head. She simply took the seat beside Sassy and let the cat have its rightful throne.

Vidya came over and tapped L's shoulder as the group continued to talk. "What is this talk about portals and such in Windshear?" she asked, and the little gnome, realizing she didn't know, whispered to her the things Isa and Moss had told them.

Meanwhile, Moss nodded at the nickname in approval. "Hellbeast sounds cool." he grinned at Isa. "But Sassy, give me a new nickname too, I can't be Horny Boy."

L didn't look surprised about Sassy and Max being part of an organization, but Vidya, and Moss were. "Alright." said Vidya, poking her chin as she looked down in contemplation at the floor. "So many things going on . . . And speaking about original goal . . ." she looked as Isa gave L the key and the gnome took the lead box in her hand and thanked him. "What are we doing first?"

"I don't know." said L honestly, we don't have a lead to follow about that yet, except for what maybe Penny knows. I think depending on what information we get, we may need to get Isa's uncle --- Manuel isn't it? He doesn't deserve to be called any name related to family --- for questioning. It sounds like he's got a greater lead on this than we do, information wise." She began examining the box carefully, turning it around in the lamp light. Then her eyes went wide. "Ohhhhhh gosh, ohhh gosh, it's trapped." She placed it back gently on the table. "Who's good at tinkering and who has a toolbox? There's a wire thing in the keyhole, and spring next to some kind of vial with liquid inside."

Moss bent down. "Maybe the key won't trigger it?"

"I don't know if I want to take that chance?" said L worriedly. "Wh-what if it explodes?"

Isa grinned back at Moss, nodding a bit. He did like the new nickname, it sounded cool. However, at the mention of ’Horny boy’, the redhead snorted through his nose before coughing quietly. Trying to contain his soft laughter as he looked away.

Sassy gives nicknames the more she knows the person, Isa believed. It’s like a ranking system of sorts. A good example of his theory being true is with Liliana’s nickname and perhaps his own? He might never know. The redhead cleared his throat and grinned. He squeezed Moss’ hand once more though tenderly as he peeked at him. Apologetic for chuckling before, still amused.

Wild, on the other hand, felt dizzy. What’s this?! Isa can start portals and has an evil uncle who’s’ doing secret things? Moss was searching for Isa before? Sassy and Max were in a secret group that does relic research of the past? What’s next? A flying pig- no. Perhaps it’s best that she doesn’t say that phrase so lightly, for it might come true. The elder-like rabbit quietly hopped to a pink loveseat and sat there, leaning back with her legs outstretched. Wanting to process what has been said today. It’s all too much information to be heard in a day—heaviest blows coming form the news of her home being pressured by their once ally for a dumb portal that no one knows how to work exactly.

She watched the gnome leader stare at the box only to speak of a trap, laying there waiting for some hopeful fool to fall into. Whatever is inside must be important for the Templars to make a trap like this. Once again, she felt like she was about to faint. Her poor old heart- she can‘t take anymore surprises.

”I‘ve tinkered before...but I never tried opening locks before. Mind helping me, Moss?” Isa asked, squeezing his hand once more and slowly let’s go so that he may retrieve the toolbox he gained from the kutulus. When he returned, he places the box on the table and opened the lid.

Fun_Ball_of_Tricks_by_BlackSalander.jpg
- Caravan -
Moss shook his head, blushing a little at Isa's reaction, remembering their rest upstairs. He nodded at him when he asked for help. "You got it." He squeezed his hand.

"I think it's safer if we back up." said Vidya, getting up and patting Wild on the shoulder, before moving away from the table. L agreed, scratching Nibblet on the head, and gently saying, "Come, kitty." and the two ladies moved to stand next to Max.

Moss held the box under the lamp light, following Isa's instructions as the hellbeast poked in the keyhole with the tools. The mechanism of the trap was complicated, but familiar, it was a gear switch with a loaded spring similar to the voice box of the mechanical bull head he had tinkered before in the barn at Elunore months ago that allowed the bull to expel air, only in this instance --- as Isa heard a satisfying click, the spring suddenly becoming loose, and then he used the key to open the box --- this mechanism was adapted to expel sleeping gas from a small vial. And there was the golden orb as large as a head sitting inside swaddled by rags.

L sighed in relief and quickly ran forward, muttering a spell. It was as though all that mattered to her was the vault key. She took the ball in her hands as though it was glass, looking at it from all sides as though she could see something they couldn't and then hugged it. "Thank you." she said to Isa and looked at everyone. "Thank you for getting it back."

Wild flower looked up and nodded, hopping up and off the love chair to hide behind the taller beings. Using their legs as a shield as she peeked out with a single wide red eye.

“Thank you.” With the light hovering over, Isa leaned close to the locked box, taking out thin tools to poke and prod inside the keyhole once everyone backed away safely. Once he noticed a similar system as the mechanical bull’s head a month ago, the same one when the pair had found in a ruined barn, the redhead decided to take a chance and twisted the thin tool. Then he heard a click-

. . . Nothing happened.

He sighed in relief. Grabbing the key and opening the box. Right there, somewhat wrapped in a cloth, is the golden orb. Isa backed away as L came in to grab it, standing up to be next to Moss. He grinned, looking happy compared to the imp-like smirk he tends to have. ”No problem~!”

The white rabbit sighed, coming out of her hiding spot as she hopped back in the love seat, legs stretched out. She stared at the golden orb with a skeptical gaze like she didn‘t believe this group of youngsters chased after the thieves...for a ball of gold. Then again, the thieves were templars, so it might be something dangerous? Important? She didn’t know nor does she care at the moment.

“I guess this means we’re going back to Sanctuary for now?” She asked. “And are we really gonna talk with templars? I rather we not.”

Zer0 Zer0

- Caravan -

Moss smiled at the gnome, "You're welcome, but really it was your sleep spell that saved the ambush."; Vidya's anger abated and she just quirked a brow, then winked, shrugging all easy going like, "Hey, I didn't do nothing, thank you to you guys, now we can move forward."

L smiled at Isa and everyone, then cast two spells in quick succession, ending with the vault key shrinking into the size of a marble and then plopping it inside her mysterious storage hair. She sighed in relief once more.

"Yeah, Isa needs to get his bike back." said Moss looking at him.

"We need to get information." said Vidya, becoming serious again. "Don't worry, Wild, you don't have to listen." She patted her shoulder. "What we're going to do next isn't for kind folk to know about anyway." She looked around at the group, her eyes resting on Sassy and Isa. "You two look like you don't mind getting dirty to make someone talk --- no offense or anything, but would you like to join me at the back? Time to wake up the sleeping beauties."

"I'm going in too." said L. "As a precaution."

"It won't be pretty."

"I worked for The Gentleman for two years as a healer. I'm not new to interrogation, at least the aftermath. And I need to hear what they have to say."

Moss looked at the backdoor in thought. Isa could tell that making someone talk wasn't the kind of thing he was exposed to, probably ever in his life. He had almost the same vibe as Wild. It was like looking at someone who had lived a run-of-the-mill life in a safe village, standing out of place in a group of folks used to the rough and tumble of dealing with nasty folk. He looked at Isa and he can see that same old fire to help his friends, though, and a willingness to step out of his comfort and do what he has to, still Isa could see he was struggling with the idea of hurting someone for information.

"I'll help too. Though I don't know what to do." said Moss.

Just then the backdoor quietly opened and Vergil's head poked out as he whispered to them to come quickly because something was happening to the hunter brother's face. It was changing into a woman's.

Katsuya Katsuya

Hester had been wandering through the forest for days, surviving on the small amount of fruit that grew on trees and bushes, drinking from rivers and streams. It had been a few months since she had lost her grandmother, the grief still having an effect on her, wishing that she had been back sooner. Her clothes and hair were dirty due to her sleeping on the floor. In the distance she could see a caravan, and perked up but still being quite wary. She wondered if she could trust whoever was in the caravan, but pushed that thought aside. She just wanted somewhere to be warm and to eat something other than fruit.

She walked with Chocobo into the clearing, and stroked the feathers on top of his head, "be a good boy and stay out here, okay?" She smiles before walking to the door of he caravan, cautious not to get caught up in any animal traps. Taking a few deep breaths, she climbs up the steps and comes face to face with a door. She doesn't see a door knocker so she bangs her palm against it, hoping that it would be loud enough for the inhabitants to hear.

- Isa Bianchi and Wild flower -

Isa nodded back at Moss, smiling gratefully that he remembered about his bike.

Wild flower craned her neck up as a hand patted her shoulder, blinking at Vidya. Then her lips pinched. “Are you sure? I don’t mind scolding a few whippersnappers into place.—-oh.” Are...are they going to torture the Templars? That’s going a bit far for her liking but...she supposed it’s best to stay outside...

But this could be her chance to help Sassy and Max as payment for saving her. “No, I think I’ll come with. I can change my form with one of those mask thingies I saw before. To hide who I really look like.” Wild said determinedly, sitting up straight with her ears up. “And I can leave after they break. We might not need to resort to violence either, hopefully.”

The redhead pondered as he gazed at Moss. Vidya’ s right: Isa doesn’t have an issue with tormenting others. He is used to getting his hands dirty when needed be, but Moss...He reaches out to his beau, listening to his words, and held his hand gently with two fingers and his thumb. “Tesoro, this might be too much for you. Maybe it’s best ya stay here?”

Just as he said that, there was a knock on the door. Causing Isa to snap his head to stare at it warily. His eyes narrowed. “Oh my. Wonder who could that be.” The white rabbit hopped off the chair and walked over the door. Then she opened it, peeking her head out.

To the visitor, the door opened with no one coming out?

”Hello? Down here, traveler.” Said a woman voice...who is not a human. Peeking her head out is a white rabbit with pastel pink loppy ears that stood straight and a pink nose. Bright red eyes staring at her politely, her bright smile was welcoming like a happy grandmother that’s ready to offer cookies. There’s even a hint of a green quilted blanket around her neck and shoulders. “How may I help you, young miss?”

Zer0 Zer0 Jin137 Jin137

- Caravan -

Moss immediately looked to the door as well; "Wait, Wild ---" began Vidya cautiously; L quickly dove for the letters, then stuffed them in her hair and straightened up, gesturing at Vergil to go back in the storage, then sat looking normal before the door opened.

They must have looked suspicious at first glance. A group of tense people all looking towards the open door where the blizzard was swirling outside, framing the stranger that just appeared in a curtain of snow. There was a white haired, teal-eyes, dark-skinned horned man holding the hand of a red-haired half-elven looking man dressed in black with indigo blue eyes, both looking warily at the stranger. There was a dark skinned elf, multiple golden baubles decorating her large ears, with one of her arms crystallized and in a sling next to them as though they had been having a conversation; there was another lady, human, wild and carefree with an unlit cigar in hand just casually looking over, and a tall muscular tattooed man, with white hair as well and good natured in features, leaning on the wall in the corner. And in the middle of this living room in the caravan which was strangely colored in the most brightest girliest colors, there was a small blonde gnome sitting on a sofa next to a cat with mechanical eyes looking like hey-ho-it's-a-normal day~

"Mm, I think that's a great idea, Mr.Hellbeast. Mr. Mumbo, why don't you stay here with Wild and help her, while we see what's up." The little gnome nodded at the back casually.

Moss realized she was trying to make them act normal. "Right." The horned man squeezed the red-haired man's hand. "I'll stay here. You go on." He smiled.

Katsuya Katsuya Jin137 Jin137

Feeling his hand being squeezed, Isa looked at Moss, pondering for a quick second. Then he sighed, smiling warm. His tense shoulders slumped in his quiet relief. “Alright then. We’ll be back soon.” He lifted Moss’ hand up and chastely kissed his knuckles before squeezing his fingers subtly. Without a care in the world. He looked at the stranger with an impish grin.

”Come in if ya want. Granny Wild Flower made yummy soup-”

”Yummy?!” The white rabbit who opened the door squeaked, sleeping her paws on her own fuzzy white cheeks. Then she gushed, curling her ears together, and waved at the young ones with a paw. The little Pom pom -like tail wiggling. “Daaawwww~ you’re just saying that! Go on! Scoot along!— Come in, young one!” She said, opening the door wider for the stranger and tended to them before hopping off to stir the soup that was starting to get cold.

“Would you like some? I made it today.” Wild Flower said, smiling bright with her cheeks plumped.

Meanwhile, Isa squeezed Moss’ hand one more time before going at the back where Vergilix is at. Leaving the stranger’s sight.

Zer0 Zer0 Felix Felix Jin137 Jin137

daybreak_by_littleulvar_d86u6qa-pre.jpg
- Caravan -

At the back of the caravan where the prisoners slept, L closed the door behind Isa, Vidya, and Sassy. And there under the lamplight, the hunter brother's face, which had not changed after Vergil had cast dispel, the dark skin became a little lighter, the hair became bushier and curly, features softened, and there sitting blindfolded and gagged was 'Penny's' real face at last. The little gnome very carefully stepped forward and loosened the blindfold, staring into the face as though trying to recall if she knew her. Penny was human, with thick eyebrows, almond eyes, a well-defined jaw with a mole underneath, and a pointed chin, similar to that of the desert folk in The Dust. She looked like she was in her early twenties, athletic, with the arms of a man, but she had rough scarred hands, crow lines beneath her eyes with dark circles that made her look older. Sleeping peacefully right now, she looked deceptively like your run-of-the-mill nomad.

Katsuya Katsuya Felix Felix

d684d0f69c2396a012f8f87f37b36269.jpg
- Tent -

Meanwhile, Moss, after feeling more relaxed and warm after Isa's kiss --- and a little giddy and blushing to be honest --- suddenly realized that whatever Isa, Sassy, and Vidya were going to do might involve rough shouting and suspicious sounds of violence. He didn't know who this stranger was, but it was probably safer, enemy or not, if she was taken to a place where she cannot hear whatever the others are about to do.

And so, with a welcoming smile, and after whispering to Max to check if they were being surrounded outside, Moss nudged Wild Flower in the kitchen, whispering that he'll accompany the newcomer outside to the tent where they will be eating. "On second thought, let's go outside and eat in the tent, stranger." said the horned man with bowls of soup in his hands. He handed one to her. "I know it's colder, but I hope you'll forgive the lack of hospitality. We're kind of in the middle of something private."

And he led her outside into the blizzard, towards the frosted tent and following the foot paths through the snow he had made earlier this morning. The stranger would behold a very unique sight. There were two odd mechanical contraptions parked inside. Narrow, with two handles, a seat, two wheels, and some sort of arcane engine within the metallic frame. They were cramped inside close to the tent wall, and lying at the opposite end, his fluffy head rising up at the sight of a stranger, was a big polar bear dog. It started to bark.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, boy." soothed the horned man, going over to pat his neck. "This is my buddy, Okami. He won't bite." he rubbed his head.

Jin137 Jin137

Hester smiled, "any hospitality is better than none." She was looking slightly less blue in the tent, but still quite blue. "Damn the fae genes, always making me way colder than I need to be." She walks over to the giant polar bear dog and stroked its head and rubbing its ears. She then got distracted by the two contraptions, "these look interesting, what are they?" Suddenly remembering Chocobo being left outside, she starts to panic, "can I bring Chocobo in here? He doesn't do well with being left on his own for a long time."

- Wild Flower -

From the nudge, Wild craned her neck up and blinked. Curiosity changed to understanding as she nodded. Then she poured the soup in a teal bowl that has a cute fox chasing a fish in a river and in a red bowl that had a rabbit dressed as a fox before passing them to Moss. Hoping behind the merman and closing the door behind them.

Inside the tent, Wild Flower sat on top of OkamI, curled into a ball—she’s small enough for them to fit inside the tent. Then her ears perked up and nodded, hoping on Moss’ shoulder to hop herself out of the tent. “Pardon me, sir Moss. I’ll return shortly.” The rabbit yelled from the outside, winds bellowing made it hard to hear her voice. After a few minutes, they can hear Wild talking.

”I don‘t know if you can fit inside, but you can try.”

Jin137 Jin137

———————-

98E20A61-2DBB-4322-A6EF-5E448C0E1355.jpeg

- Isa Bianchi -

Of course, Sassy had to take a jab at him for being mushy towards Moss and Isa blushed. Stuttering his response and waving off her words coolly....well as coolly one can be with his steps being a bit faster. He heard her laugh and he pouted, hinting a small humbled grin. “Whatever, Sassy!” He replied in a hushed tone.

Once they were inside the storage room, the redhead’s impish grin was wiped off. Stony faced as he silently watched L take the blindfold and gag off carefully. Then the disguise started to go away, revealing Penny’s real face. Isa huffed as he looked at the women and Vergilix in the room, crossing his arms.

“I haven’t seen her true form, so I’m stumped. Have ya seen her before?” He asked quietly.

Zer0 Zer0 Felix Felix

Last edited:
- Caravan -

"No, she's unknown to me." said L, stepping back to the opposite wall; Vidya too shook her head and Sassy didn't know her either.

Then Vidya stepped forward and with her boot nudged Penny's foot until she started to stir awake. Very slowly she came to, her breathing stiffened when she pulled her arms, brows frowning, as though realizing something was wrong. Then her eyes opened and she gasped in fear at the people in front of her.

"Hello, sleeping beauty." said Vidya cheerfully, swinging her heart shaped magenta sunglasses around with a finger.

Penny didn't answer. Her entire body struggled against her binds, her eyes darted around taking stock of the entire situation, before she took a deep breath and willed herself to calm. Her eyes edged with fear became steely, like an angry watchful cornered dog's. "What do you want?"

Katsuya Katsuya Felix Felix

- Tent -

"These are motorbikes." said the horned man, sitting down against Okami's warm side. "You ride these and they move very fast." Then his white brow quirked up, amused. "You named your chocobo, Chocobo?" Then he shrugged as though that was none of his business and nodded. "Of course you can bring chocobo in --- ah, Wild, let me!" he began, standing up, but she was gone.

He sighed and sat back down, chuckling at Okami who curled and placed his large head on his lap and looked at him with puppy dog eyes and then at his soup bowl. "You've already eaten". He patted his head. "So, who are you, stranger?"

Jin137 Jin137

Last edited:
"I didn'nt know what else to name him." She sits down too beside it, "I'm Hester, a local fae that has lived in the forest. I dispose of unwanted hunters in the area when I lived with my grandmother, but we had to go our seperate ways." She wipes a small tear from her eye before yawning, "is it okay if I take a small nap?"

Zer0 Zer0

- Tent -

Moss' neck prickled in alarm. "Of course, let me, ah, get you a sleeping bag. I'll be back shortly, Wild." he added, placing a hand on the rabbit's shoulder before leaving the tent. He bumped into Max outside who was trudging back to the caravan. Moss was about to ask him if they were in the clear, but he signaled to him that they should get out of the blizzard and talk inside.

Shaking the snow off them, Max blew into his own hands for warmth and told Moss that there was no one else outside. The stranger came alone. Moss told Max that her name was Hester, that she was a local face who kills hunters who go in her forest. "I'm not sure if she killed them simply because they trespassed for food, or because they were actual raiders. In any case, she can be dangerous, though she's just asking if she could take a nap." Max said at least she was polite and that maybe she was dangerous to them and not to us. Moss nodded and said he'll keep an eye on her.

After a short while he returned to the tent now wearing his oriental armor with the shield on his back, seraph dagger, kunai, and spellbook in the chest leather holster hidden underneath his thick winter coat. He had another book and his sleeping bag in hand and offered the sleeping bag to Hester. "I'll watch over her, Wild." he said reassuringly to the bunny.

"Would it be alright, Hester, if you slept over there next to your chocobo?" he pointed at the opposite wall of the tent directly in front of Okami, while he settled against the side of the polar bear dog facing her.

Katsuya Katsuya Jin137 Jin137

Last edited:
- Wild Flower -

Chocobo came inside the tent, making the space a little harder for those who were taller than the tiny white rabbit. She made herself comfortable on Okami, curling up in a ball, and just listening to the conversation. Practically blending into Okami’s fur if it weren’t for her pink ears, nose, and clothes. An ear raised up lazily. She nodded at Moss as he laid a hand on her shoulder before he left. Then her red eyes looked at Heston with a gentle smile. She separated from her grandmother?

The white rabbit haven’t met fae folk, considering that they tend to hide or be secluded from others. Not she blames them for doing so. It was just odd that this fae is separated from her grandmother now when she fought hunters. Still the white rabbit decided to stay quiet about family as she saw that tear, thinking it’s perhaps a touchy subject.

Today is full of touchy subjects-!

“You must have traveled for a long time. I’m glad you bumped into us instead of a bunch of thieves.” Wild Flower said warmly. Hoping that it’s not awkward for the fae. “Is this your first time coming to this side of Leor?”

Best keep the topic as light as possible.

Wild Flower looked up as Moss came back. She blinked owlishly and sighed. “I’ll keep you company then.” She said motherly. Secretly believing it’s best to watch over Moss’ back in case of a surprise.

Jin137 Jin137 Zer0 Zer0

————-

- Isa Bianchi -

As the group watched Penny wake up and become aware of her situation, Isa waited patiently. His arms crossed as he stood in front of L protectively, not exactly covering her view to watch the whole thing unfold. He figured it would be best to keep L’s presence hidden from the thief for now. Once Penny asked, the redhead’s stony expression broke into one of sadistic glee. His demonic grin stretched wide, revealing his pointy white teeth. His autumn red fringes veiled over his eyes, covering them in dark shadows.

There was a dangerously calm red gleam in his Indigo blue eyes. Like a hungry dark wolf in a hunt, waiting for the right time to pounce in the middle of the night.

“Everything ya know. My uncle’s goals with Theosebia, the inquisitor that your group is in cahoots with, why ya following one of my companions, among other things.” He listed casually. “Ya can start in whichever topic ya want~ I just want honest answers from ya.”

Zer0 Zer0 Felix Felix

- Caravan -

Penny's steely eyes faltered as Isa's demonic grin stretched wide. She immediately looked away from him. She closed her eyes, eyelids fluttering, as though she was praying for courage.

"He . . . wants to undo a contract he made with a demon." she said slowly, in turmoil. Probably because she had now crossed a line with the people she's working with that she can't undo. "And Theosebia wants to be reunited with her lover, and bring back the old age when it wasn't this hard to scrape out a living. Giovanni the Inquisitor is her puppet and maybe even the rest off his officers by now. Am I going to die after you've questioned me?"

Katsuya Katsuya

Users who are viewing this thread

Back