• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
- Moss Adamaris -
"Carver Rest Camp, Archean's Hammer, The Fridge"

"I'll pass it to you." Moss-Mumbo smiled softly at him. "Be back in a few." And he passed Sassy out the tent and trudged through the blizzard for the Carver camp with just his illusioned backpack and kunai knives hidden in his winter coat.

Meanwhile L-Matilda was gaping at Isa. "You can control the blizzard?!"

Katsuya Katsuya

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa perked up and nodded, smiling sweetly as he waved at Moss with a hand. Then he jumped when L-Matilda addressed to him. He blinked owlishly then pulled out his raven staff. “Kind of. Within a five mile radius and under five hours. Enchanted my staff a while ago and I haven’t used it yet.”

”Speaking of random things-“ He reached one his bag and took out a vibrantly pink and grey sash to wrap around his wrist and arm. “This thing helps with a funny surprise against enemies. We’ll see it later.” Isa‘s grin turned rather devilish.

Zer0 Zer0

Sassafras Jenkins
- The Fridge, Carver Rest Camp -
Archean's Hammer​

Sassy, being who she was and being one that either wasn't aware of personal space or just didn't care, practically tackled L when she started to be offended that she would ask her to stay behind, rubbing her cheek against L's indiscriminately, "yeah! Fun-sized! I just want you safe and when they follow me here, we'll still need ya'!"

She looked at L and blinked a few times behind her goggles, "makin' 'em fall asleep would be excellent. We can avoid a fight and alertin' the Carvers that way... even if you just knock out one of 'em... which might be all we need..." she grinned mischievously and rubbed her hands together before adding in a cartoonishly sinister voice "yes yes... you lie in wait and knock 'em out when they come this way."

As Isa added in things he could do to help she nodded, "that'd be good... make it harder for 'em to turn around and hightail it back to the camp... especially once they know I'm here," she then watched the exchange between Isa and L and nodded again, "yeh yeh... just a little bubble... not too big, just enough for us to fight if we need to but with L's sleeping spell that might not even be necessary... but could be useful after... I mean, we probably'll need to hightail it ourselves once we get the key back and especially if we are taking captives," she cleared her throat slightly and leaned to the side to let Moss exit the tent, "Carvers don't seem to be a very good humored sort ya know."

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Carver Rest Camp -
"Night, Archean's Hammer, The Fridge"

L's offended mood vanished the moment she was suddenly tackle hugged, and hugged Sassy's head, laughing and rubbing her cheek back. "Dohhhhhhhh, okay then~" said L, enjoying the hug. "Sassy I thought you were all fierce, but you have a sweet side too! I now have a good nickname for you. Sweet Fierceness. Or Spicy Cupcake. Or Chili Sweet. Sweet Chili. I'll think about it some more." She smiled. Now that the little gnome thought about it, she did not know the entirety of why Sassy challenged The Godfather, but maybe it was for Ralph. She hasn't met anyone who'd go that far for a chocobo, and now thinking about it, that says a lot about Sassy. Maybe her nickname should be Fierce Loyal Sweet Fierceness.

She nodded at Sassy, laughing and shaking her head at her accent. "Okay, Countess." she adopted the same sinister voice. "I'll put them to sleeeeeep --- though just in case they resist my spell, just get ready to get hands-on." She rummaged in her hair and started pulling out the three sealing cuffs 'Penny' had used on her, Isa, and Vidya when she stuffed them inside chests, and a coil of rope. She handed a sealing cuff to each them, and decided to give the last one to Moss when he returned.

As they got ready to move the tent and Okami was prodded awake, something that nagged at the back of L's mind made her lightly tug Isa's suspenders, "A-are you and Mr. Mumbo best friends?" she asked loudly in the howling wind, as she helped pull out the tent pegs and was once more chest deep in snow and was slowly being buried in the blizzard that she was quietly and determinedly fighting.

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle
x1 Sealing Cuffs |DC 18 lockpick. Toughness 20. Prevents shackled target from casting spells and constantly drains their manna to 0.

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa snorted, chuckling behind his hand when Sassy cackled like an evil cartoon villain. He laughed when L joined in, falling back on the tent’s flexible wall. It’s too cute! He couldn’t help but laugh at how cute and funny the ladies are, even when one is more believable with her craziness compared to the other; it’s nice to see them have fun. Once he calmed down enough, still chuckling at times, the redhead reached for the cuff L offered and nodded appreciatively. “Thank you. I’m sure we’ll be ready to brawl if and when it happens.” He put the cuffs in his pocket. He continued to put on something else around his neck before tucking it under his shirt.

As they got ready to move the tent, fighting against the blistering winds that penetrates his bones and stiffen his muscles, Isa started thinking about fireplaces and hot food to ignore the cold. Snuggling fur- no! Snuggling Moss with a fur blanket sitting in front of the fireplace and hot food. Yeaaaaaa~ That’s nice. He’ll ask Moss later when this is over if he wanted to do that after cooking. With Okami awake and with a few pets and coos from Isa, he had their bags on the polarbear dog’s saddle before he helped with the tent. He held the tent down as L pulls the pegs, ready to fold it and make it easy to carry to their new spot once she pulled each one. Then he felt a tug on his suspenders, he looked down only to be alarmed at the sight of L almost buried under snow. He quickly dug her out with one hand while the other held onto the tent and shoved the snow to the side; enough for her to at least move around in the spot.

Then he looked at her with a soft grin, hinting his warm smile. He’s more than a best friend. “We’re currently dating.“ Isa answered as she pulled the last peg. He folded the vinyl as quickly as he could with the wind and snow blowing into their faces. “Why do ya ask, Matilda?” He asked curiously, wrapping the tent’s string messily around the folded tent and started to take the frame apart.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

- Carver Rest Camp -

"Oh! Nothing, nothing, just . . .curious." said L laughing, though there was disappointment hiding behind her eyes? "Thanks for digging me out, I'll strap that to Okami." She climbed up the polarbear dog's saddle and gestured for the folded tent.

After that, the little gnome turned her attention to their ambush preparations under the blizzard, her questions revolving around their plans. Though when Moss in his bearded illusion returned, trudging through the snow storm, she secretly sighed sadly, busying herself with moving Okami a safe distance away from their ambush area and asking Sassy if she wanted her to move Ralph too so that they won't be immediately caught in the crossfire, but still be close enough to be called.

"I didn't see them!" Moss-Mumbo said to Sassy and Isa when he reached their reassembled tent, his head and shoulders dusted with snow, the illusion giving him frosted beard fringes. He handed one of the snow patterned second-hand looking ghillie suit to Isa. "Their disguises are good." he continued, taking off his coat and dropping his disguise. He donned a similar looking snowy ghillie suit himself. He and Isa will blend well in the snow. "Tent's cramped full of people. Everyone's mostly a trader in there, so mostly everyone got big backpacks. So, Isa and you will be going in," he nodded at Sassy, "while me and L are outside with L in the camp." He looked for his spear and shield among their backpacks inside the tent. When L came back saying Okami is just a whistle away and donned her snow patterned ghillie suit too looking like a short white bush with her spell book out and ready, Moss looked to everyone and said, "Ready when you guys are."

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Sassafras Jenkins
Archean's Hammer​

There was an amused expression on Sassy's face as she listened to L while she listed possible nicknames for her before she laughed out loud in approval and gestured at L with her thumb while looking at Isa, "see?! Now them's some nicknames!" The more she was around L, the more she liked her, right down the Gnome's own sinister impression. After she added that they should be prepared to get hands on, she rolled up some fake sleeves along her arms and nodded firmly, "always!" Which wasn't technically a lie since she tended to be prepared for whatever adversity was thrown at her and took to it like a fish to water.

Just like the metals Isa and L had given her, the cuffs were tucked into her coat for safe keeping as well, she then turned and crawled over to Ralph and rubbed his scruffy Gnome face before speaking to him in a gentle voice, "hey Ralphie, sorry bud, but we gotta' move camp," she placed her forehead against his and fixed his hood to get him ready for the outside and made sure he was awake and ready to go before she crawled back outside of the tent, laying on Okami a minute and burying her face in his fur as she hugged him, "thanks for bein' mah stakeout partner!"

Rolling off of Okami, she began to help Isa and L pack up the camp for moving it, pointing in the direction of the outcropping of rocks to show them exactly where she thought they should set it up. She lead Ralph from the tent before it was completely collapsed and packed up and was glad to see L had climbed atop Okami because otherwise she would have hoisted her up on him or Ralph, "if you could, that would be fantastic!" She handed L the reigns before turning towards Moss has he came back hollering. She gave a nod and shrugged her shoulders, "eh... disguises or not, actions are what we're lookin' for and I'm darn certain that at least one of 'em'll be drawn in."

Sassy gave Moss a nod before looking to Isa, "okay Red, I need ta lose the disguise now," once that was done, she gave them all a thumbs up before heading towards the main tent to start their plan, "wish me luck!"

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -

Isa rolled his eyes and smiled, shaking his head. “Yea, yea, ya still need to come up with a better nickname for me. Red is too boring. I mean, ya got that from my hair.” He couldn’t help it, it’s fun bantering with Sassy over nicknames. Makes this ambush less tense and more exciting in his book.

As the trio started to pack and the gnome climbed on Okami’s saddle, the redhead tilted his head curiously and pasted L the folded tent. “Yeah, no problem.“ A brow raised but he didn‘t ask. If L didn’t want to say it, then he won’t ask. Still he is concerned about her. He stayed silent as they finished cleaning the campsite and sat behind L on Okami’s saddle; patting the polarbear dog’s side as they followed Sassy and Ralph. Once they reached where Sassy pointed to, the redhead leaped off, crunching snow under his feet and felt it swallow up to his knees. Then he started to reassemble their tent as Sassy and L talked about the plan. Hearing about Ralph and Okami being at a distance away from crossfire yet still close enough to be heard. He agreed it was a good idea.

By the time they finished the tent’s set-up, Isa perked up at Moss’ voice and looked over to see...well...moving snow that’s coming forward with a floating beard. His grin softened into a stern frown at the news. He reached out and wore the ghillie coat as soon Moss passed it to him. “Thank you, Moss.” The merman can tell that Isa is happy to have another layer over him, staying a little warmer than before. At Sassy’s wording, the redhead raised a brow again. He’ll ask her later, now isn’t the time to ask questions when they need to move already.

With that in mind and at Sassy’s request, Isa took off Sassy’s disguise. He reached over Moss’ hand to squeeze once more with a reassuring smile and walked behind the fiery goggle wearing woman; He waited three seconds before leaving the camp as well, seeing as that was part of the plan. Not too close, but not too far either. “We’ll be back soon!” Isa said, waving his hand at the pair before leaving. There was one thing that Isa wondered, however as he reached the main tent.....how is Sassy going to attract a crowd in a carvers’ tent???

He kept his eyes open and watched the event unfold itself.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
- Carver Rest Camp -

Okami's tail thumped and his large head twisted to lick Sassy's hair, before burying his cold nose in his bear paws. All the packing seemed to make him think that they want to play with him, and he frolicked around, tugging the tent from Isa, and running circles around them for no reason until he was called and he stood still obediently, panting at the autumn red frosted trees, as they latched their things on his saddle.

After Moss arrived, saying "You're welcome." to Isa, and Sassy got ready to go, L touched her knee. "Good luck, Sassy." she said determinedly. Her face couldn't be seen under the snowy camouflage gear, but her touch was full of protectiveness. "When you want us to start attacking and you wanna give a silent signal, you can ball both your hands into fists and we'll start the spell flinging, okay?"

"Good luck, Sassy!" Moss hitched two thumbs up. "I'll be high up in the trees, and I'll be at your side the moment this goes down."

His hand bumped with Isa, as they unconsciously reached for the other at the same time, and he chuckled and squeezed his hand back, brushing the snowy camouflage strips of cloth away from is face to reveal steady teal eyes and a reassuring smile looking back at him. "Good luck, Isa. I won't be able to see what's going on in there, but in case it goes wrong and you want me to go in, make a flashbang and I'll come." he squeezed his hand again.

* * * *​

There was no one out and about in the camp when Sassy approached first in the darkness. The braziers had been put out by the blizzard, and now only a few dozen oil lamps shone in the blistering snow storm, lighting the areas commonly traversed by the resting travelers: the carved out common path through the snow towards the mess tent with its branching paths towards the west river edge where the canoes were docked, the south east of the camp where the giant Archean's hammer turned bunker lay where most of the Carvers stayed and where most of the boatmen pitched their tents with all their chocobos and giant rams huddled together for warmth under the blizzard, and the north of the camp where those traveling on land head out to continue their journey to the north of The Fridge.

The Carvers that had been patrolling the camp had retreated into stone dugouts in the snow where warm braziers glowed orange inside from small arrow slits, peering towards the outer perimeter of the camp and keeping watch with their crossbows at the ready for anything that may come stumbling out from the storm. A few carvers in separate dugouts flashed their hooded lanterns at Sassy for a moment from the arrow slits, before their beams of light moved away, resuming their vigilant watch of the area.

When Isa came by a few seconds later, the lanterns flashed at him too, then resumed their sweep.

* * * *​

The outside of the mess tent was aglow from the gruel firepit they had seen earlier at sunset when the tent's walls had been rolled up, smoke belching from the top. Now the tent walls had been secured down to protect against the raging blizzard, and they could see the silhouettes of the loud crowd drinking and laughing on the walls.

It was pleasantly warm inside, and cramped. Two long rectangular wooden tables stretched across the sides of the tent jam packed with eating, gambling, and arm wrestling travelers and relaxed Carvers. In the center, people were sitting about on the floor on fur mats in groups with hardly any space to walk, as they kept warm around the central firepit where the huge iron pot of gruel sat, being catered to by two busy looking Carvers standing on stools with long soup ladles that they dipped in the pot to slosh gruel on to the bowls of hungry travelers. There was a hole in the center of the tent ceiling lined by glowing arcane runes that connected to an old box glowing blue inside with ragnite where the smoke seemed to magically get suctioned out. No snow or cold swept through from that hole. There was music as it seemed like a group of travelling bards were trying to cheer up people in the cold, there were a couple of traders selling some things at the side, travelling supplies mostly, and a few folks were actually sleeping in all the din, watched by their companions who are keeping an eye out for anyone who might take the opportunity in this crowded tent to steal their things.

What would you like to do?

Katsuya Katsuya Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Felix Felix

Last edited:
- Vergilix Jonquil -

A man walked into the tent, his coat covered in snow and his face concealed by a hood and a face mask. All eyes were on him. It was easy to see why. He definitely did not belong there. He stood like a wolf among the sheep, though to be fair, it was probably the other way around. And also, the sheep was yellow, very yellow.

Vergilix tried to meet all of their eyes with his own piercing blue ones from under his hood. He felt his coat buzzing as a response to his slight agitation. They had not moved for most of the day. It was way too cold for their tiny wings. He brushed of some snow, while simultaneously trying to shush them. As he took of his hood and face mask, most of the bandits seemed to relax. This kid was clearly not a threat to them.

Vergil had been driving for most off the day, only to be forced to stop by the blizzard. He was hot on their tail, he knew it, but he was also really cold and his butt was sore from the motorcycle saddle, so it was time to get some rest in. The mysterious L had left him a note and an item he could track back in Sanctuary. She had been very helpful to him in deciphering some arcane sigils and he wanted to repay them. He was also hoping this vault could be his redemption as well. He could probably catch them tomorrow. The Archean's body also fascinated him, maybe he could check that out as well. For now, he had just set up his tent and just wanted some warmth and some food.

People were still glaring at him as he walked over to the two gentlemen next to the cooking pot. He got that a lot. It was part of the reason he dressed like it in the first place. People shouldn't be that complacent and just strife to bring some joy to others, even if it was just a little. As he approached the pot he saw how unappetizing it looked, but food was food and he was starving.

"Good evening, fellas. How much for a bowl of your delicious grog?" He asked with a thick layer of sarcasm.

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
Archean's Hammer​

At Isa's retort, Sassy did nothing more than stick her tongue out and use her thumb to show him a pig nose which was quite an expression given the furry hood around her face and the goggles she wore, she looked like some sort of giant alien bug.

"Thanks!" Was the response Sassy offered Isa when he removed the illusion that made her look like a Gnome and she was back to herself again. A big grin was given to L when she wished her a firm nod before laughing loudly, "oh, you'll know when to start attackin'! I'll be doin' more than just ballin' my hands into fists!" with that she turned and began trudging against the wind towards the Carver's camp, her posture at a slight incline in the direction she was going as she struggled first against the wind and then against the deep snow as she hurried her way through the storm. It would surprise her if balled fists would even be noticeable in the storm so she knew she'd have to use another tactic besides that, it'd be too unlike her anyway.

As she passed the area with the lanterns, she gave a firm salute of her hand to show she was friendly and meant no harm before she continued onto the mess tent, her posture completely changing once she was inside. She smacked the snow from her coat, "woooooo!" She shouted loudly as she lowered her hood and removed her goggles that had already begun to fog up, "sure is breezy out there!" Her glasses were snapped into place just above her forehead, acting as a headband of sorts in front of the fluffy bun of hair on top of her head and surprisingly, or not so surprisingly, her blue gray eyes were still decorated by the rings of black around them and bright yellow chocobo feather turned false eyelashes.

"Hey ya'll! How's it goin'?" Her exuberantly friendly attitude could be thought to be faked by some, but it was all too genuine as she patted various travelers on the back and asked how they were doing, all the while making her way towards the area where the arm wrestling was happening, she couldn't help but notice the fellow who was covered in clothing the same color as her eyelashes and she couldn't help but let out a cackle as she unreservedly clapped him on the back, "man! You stick out like a sore thumb!" She then continued on her way and situated herself among those betting on the current arm wrestling match, shouting out over the the cheers and jeers alike, "I got dibs on the next match, boyos!"

Zer0 Zer0 Katsuya Katsuya Felix Felix

- Isa Bianchi -

Isa just cackled, slapping his knee as he leaned back on the tent. “Y-you-! HAHAHKAKAH!”

”No problem~” Isa replied and watched her go. He waited until it was his turn and smiled at Moss. A sense of relief washed over him at the sight of teal eyes and reassuring smile. He nodded. “Or I can turn off the fire pit inside or change it’s color as a sign.”

“Well-! Time to go! Take care, you two.” He left, walking into the blizzard that froze him down to his bones. Once he reached the main tent, he blinked his orange eyes owlishly as bright light flashed him for a quick second. Once he was allowed to pass, the disguised redhead walked in causally and sighed. His body shivering once heat wrapped him like a blanket. Finally! He is warm again! Like a bug to a lamp, Isa went over to the edge of where people were huddled together and sat down himself, pulling his cloak closer to him as he looked around without moving his head. “Pardo‘ me. Imma sit ‘ere.” The Drow said in a scared but polite voice of an older teen.

To others, he seemed to be watching the arm wrestling matches. The only time he looked away was when he overhead loud voices from several people around him but he go back to watching the matches.

Zer0 Zer0 Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle Felix Felix

- Carver Rest Camp -

"Depends on what you got to trade."said one of the Carver gruel cooks, looking at Vergil as though wondering if he was a potential troublemaker and disliking him immediately. He nodded to a sack of junk and goods on the floor people have been tossing trinkets and metals to smelt as payment. "Bowl." He said gruffly, pulling out a ladle of the gruel to slosh on whatever dish the newcomer, who was like gold among all this brown of furs and winter garbs, was going to present to him. Like most places haunted by brigands or sheltering the poor, folks used their own bowls and spoons.

"You with the Razzle's Dazzle crew then?" said another man who sported the same grey furs, crossbows, and clubs as the other Carvers. "Saw that thingamajig you came riding in outside. That's the third one since yesterday."

Felix Felix
Gruel
+1 Condition. Fresh for a day.
Cost: 3 Metal

Condition Points
After a long rest where your character took care of himself, ate good food, you gain condition points that you can use to heal 1 Hp or 1 Mp after a short rest.

Meanwhile, a small pouch of what sounded like the chink of materia was placed next to Sasy and a bald old gentleman, wrinkly forehead, with a black and grey beard stubble, wrinkly blue eyes, shield strapped to his back and a sword hanging from his belt sat across from her.

"I'll take you up on that match." said his chillingly familiar voice and stretched his gloved hand out to wrestle. "It's been a while, Jessica." he said quietly, shaking his head and looking at her with intense disappointment. "You actually grew up to look like your mother. And apparently . . . grew up to be just as foolish."

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Sassafras Jenkins
Archean's Hammer​

A part of the group but standing out among the crowd. Sassy was flashy and flamboyant and it was hard to miss her, she told a stranger he stuck out like a sore thumb but then what did that make her? She was having a good time just like any of the other revelers but it seemed that her quarry was just as eager to find her as she was to find him and just as she was sitting down to wrestling the next opponent, a bag was set down at the table and she quirked a brow and watched him sit, curious if he was one of the people they were looking for, that suspicion rising at the sound of his voice.

She cracked a grin and slipped off the woolly coat she was wearing to leave her in her usual tan colored leather coat complete with dark brown harness that hid her false right arm, "Sorry old man you must be mistaken," she then raised her hand to his, "the name's Sassafras Jenkins, you might know me from such films as 'The Godfather: A Reckoning,' maybe even, 'How to Lose a Templar in Eight Days,' or maybe the classic title, 'An Eye for an Eye,'" she couldn't help but cackle at that last one but she doubted her father would see the humor in it.

Her laughter didn't die down however before she pointed an accusing finger at the strange old man sitting across from her, "ya' know... what's the point of a disguise if yer gonna' give yerself away so easily? Who's foolish now?" She hadn't been absolutely certain that he'd take the bait. She thought being a Templar he would more likely attempt to inconspicuously vacate the camp before her own group caught on to them. Of course he was the One Eyed Foxx, so there was a chance he still had something up his sleeve, but she hoped that with their preparations, the ragtag group she was traveling with would be ready.

- Vergilix Jonquil -

Interesting ... This Razzle Dazzle crew seemed to carry quite some weight around here. I might be best to say he was allied to them, so no one would dare steal from him or hurt him in the following night.

He got out some metal scraps and his bowl, a worn enameled piece of crap with a faded image of some kind of character. He threw the metal in the metal pot and held up his bowl. "I think that should do it?" He did not really care as long as he got something warm in his stomach.

When he got his food he went stand next to the man, looming over his shoulder before sitting down next to him. "Yeah, I'm with Raz, I am their healer. And those thingamajigs are called motorcycles. Why do you care?" He took a bite while waiting for a response. It was exactly as bland as one would expect it too, but at least it was quite warm.

- Carver Rest Camp -

Her father's disappointed look remained, a sort of regret that he didn't end up having the daughter that he wanted, and then he gripped her hand and started wrestling it down. "I wanted to talk."

His free hand opened the pouch, and there among orbs of materia flashed the gold glint of the small vault key. He closed the pouch immediately. "Why are you after this, consorting with dangerous mechromancers to upset an already upset realm? Your mother never raised you right, but I never thought her foolish teachings would lead to this . . . this selfish disregard for our world. The Ancient Archean was murdered and the land was never right since, and may never will be . . . That thing," he glanced at the closed pouch, "talks . . . corrupted four shield maidens of our Order to rebuild an engine blade . . . an Ancient killer. Is that what you're after, Jessica?"

Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

* * * *​

At the large pot of gruel, the cook just nodded and sloshed Vergil's bowl unceremoniously with gruel. When he sat next to the other Carver, the other people around them started listening in. "So that's what they are . . . " he shrugged. "Just wonderin'. It's been the talk of the fortress since yesterday and the fight your gal, "he nodded at the flashy flamboyant lady that had clapped his shoulder earlier, "and crew had with The Godfather, but your two buddies, they weren't friendly enough to talk. I'd say too bad you lost one of them motors to our boss, but I'd be lying if I'm not secretly happy we got one. Your Lilith doesn't talk much to us. Never heard of that Sassafras Jenkins either, never say her hanging around your shop till yesterday, never saw you either. Didn't know your little crew had three of those machines. You folks with your motors, you must do all the travelling for the crew, huh?"

Another Carver who was listening spoke up. "Hey, I see that glare in your eye, boy, walking around like you got something to prove. That Sassy laughed at our boss too, had the gal to challenge him to a fight. Does Lilith have something against The Godfather? 'Cause I tell ya, I don't care if we were told to shoot Jenkins if she stepped foot in Sanctuary again, if Lilith and all of you have a beef with our boss, I don't mind shooting you and her right now."

The ambiance around their table changed. Somehow, the Razzle's Dazzle crew must got into a bad situation with the bandit warlord that ran Sanctuary and this territory, though the Carvers didn't go for their weapons.

"Hey, easy, Logan," said the Carver who had asked him about his motorcycle, "they're the red guy's friends. You make our boss break his word, he'll break you."

Logan kept glaring at Vergil.

"Your gal over there, beat up his cousin you see, after she skipped the toll. Yeah, a lot of things happened yesterday. Just don't go looking like you're looking for a fight, cause' your crew's in a bad light right now, kid."

Felix Felix

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Hiding within sight”​

The Drow-Isa was quiet as the warmth from the fire and the ones huddled behind him seeped in. He couldn’t help but hum happily, swaying side to side just a bit. Another yell coming from somewhere—-a carver probably—- and Isa looked at where he heard an angry mumble then looked back at the arm wrestling match before him; only to spot something from a distance in mid head spin.

An old man, bald sitting by the floor and near the tent entrance, wrinkles on his forehead and around the eyes, has a black and grey beard stubble. His bright blue eyes were staring at Sassy like he’d seen a ghost. The Drow raised a brow. T-that wasn’t the expression he expected to see; scared? Yes. Anger? Possibly yes. Surprised? Most definitely...but the haunted expression? No. The two guys beside him—-they were all eating— noticed his expression and with barely a subtle movement, glanced at Sassy before going back to eat. Stiff and wary, glancing around surreptitiously. See? That, he expected.

The two men looked like brothers, long ponytails, scars like they hunted before, one of them was sporting a bow similar to the bows of the nomads back in Ancientbind. The other was too thickly wrapped in the fur cloak to see his weapon, but it must be small as it never extended beyond the cloak. They each have a backpack. One of them has a sword and wooden shield. The sword doesn‘t look like the sword of the old man that attacked him, but it was similar in size. They were quietly chatting, wait no, arguing? Then the old man rose up and walked towards Sassy-!

His now orange eyes narrowed as he trailed the old man. He seemed to not be dangerous —- hahahahah! No, Isa isn’t dumb. It’s more like the old man choose to not be dangerous as he strapped the shield to his back and sword to his side. His hands were free and not holding the pommel of his blade; relaxed as he walked over and sat in front of her. A-are Sassy and him chatting?! Ah well, Sassy did say that they know each other because of past reasons, as vague as they were when she explained. It’s just...surreal to think that they are having a bit of a quibble while arm wrestling. Isa peeked back at the brothers. They are strapping their backpacks on, including the old man’s pack. Like they were starting to head out and leave....

Isa sat in his spot, just watching them as he waited. Grabbing his staff underneath the snow ghillie coat as he pondered what he should do. So many choices~ He could always blow the fire pit and lamps up with flash bangs, but that’s too much. Gets the carvers involved and he is not up for it. Maybe act drunk and dance around until he reaches outside, asking the thieves to dance with him— Isa bit down his bottom lip and took a deep breathe to calm his laughter. He could do that, but then he’ll leave Sassy alone with the old man. He is not willing to do that...yet. It seemed peaceful enough and Sassy didn’t give her signal for help or fight time.

Thing is, he wants to catch Penny and the other thief. Not just for the deal he has with The Godfather, but also to have a pleasant chat with Penny...let her know that he’s aware of her being a back-stabbing thief since the Highlands incident with Therias. So Isa watched the duo patiently, not moving from his spot. Occasionally peeking at Sassy and the old man just to make sure it’s okay before going back at the thieves.

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
Archean's Hammer​

Even in the face of a particularly spoopy ghost from the past, Sassy retained her ever cool facade, her face relaxed and even seemingly amused as she unfalteringly stared into the eyes of the disappointed old man, squeezing his hand with pressure equal to his own as she fought to keep her ground against his unrelenting grip, "so ya' wanted ta talk, but did ya' wanna' listen too?"

Her gaze only briefly turned towards the pouch as he opened it, her brow furrowing over those steely eyes as she turned them back to her dad's face, which was right now that of a stranger, "ever think your sort has somethin' ta do with why the realm is upset? Your tactics aren't exactly the epitome of humanitarian," she fought to regain space and press his hand back the other direction, "you and yours are the ones that are selfish. Mom saw the truth, she knew humanity can't continue on this way, with everyone against everyone else and those that aren't against others are only out for themselves," she gave a tilt of her head to signify that she was talking about the people allied with The Godfather as an example.

"Yeah, the land has never been right since the Archean was murdered, but so few actually try to fix anything, just try to enforce their own rules and way of life on everyone else," she scoffed then and rolled her eyes, chuckling a bit, "a wise man once said, 'genius is often called insanity by those that don't comprehend.' Those shield maidens were accused and murdered for quite possibly making an attempt to set right all the wrongs, but none of us will ever know since the evidence was destroyed just as they were."

She narrowed her eyes on him as she gripped his hand more tightly than before, "you lost the privilege of knowing anything about me or what I want the minute you hurt mom, and even before that your access was limited by your own choice."

- Vergilix Jonquil -

"Don't worry I have only arrived today and they explained me this unfortunate event. I don't want to cause any trouble." Or lose my own motorcycle over a stupid squabble.

Vergil wanted to show that he was quite relaxed and non-threatening, but he actually felt on edge. He ate his gruel faster than he should have. He skittishly looked over to the girl with the heavy eyelashes. Yeah, she looked like a troublemaker alright, but he kind of dug her style. Maybe the fact that she was not seen at their camp could mean that she was also pretending and causing a fuzz in their name while she was at it. As he was watching her, he noticed something strange about the man sitting in front of her. His huge arms did not rest on the table like they should, but rather passed through it ever so slightly. An illusion?! His eyes darted the room looking for more trouble.

And trouble he found: next to the exit there were two guys ready to leave at a moments notice. At least one of them was also wearing an illusion as his clothes moved through the other people passing by. They were also watching the flamboyant lady, not with admiration, but more predatory. Vergil noticed how one of them was trying to shield the other from sight. When he moved his head a little he could see the other guy was preparing a spell. Following the line of his hand, Vergil was looking towards the cooking pot, which was starting to tip over. Things were going to go ugly in here. Time to go!

"It was lovely chatting with you Logan, other dude, but I should probably get some rest." He got up in a haste and closed his jacket.

The least he could do was make the other people in this place aware of the danger they were in. He hated illusions. Why could people not be straightforward when they insisted on hurting others. As he walked towards the exit, he made some motions with his right hand as if he was conducting an orchestra. He tried to be inconspicuous, but the bugs that were crawling out of his sleeves and onto his for arm and flew in front of his hand were probably betraying him. They made some weird swirly patterns before they arranged themselves in intricate patterns of magical circles. When they were configured correctly, they locked bodies and glowed up in yellow. He thrust his hand forward and the magical energy expended forward, ready to dismantle the illusions in the room.

1.jpg
- Round 1 -

He did listen, but it was the same listening Sassy's known all her life, where her father thought he knew better than her. "We are fixing it, why do you think I am here? Why do you think I tried to stop your mother? Why do you think I'm here stopping you? If you wanted the same thing, you would be destroying that." he glanced at the pouch. "You should have chosen to die for our cause instead of shooting me in the eye . . . Your death would have been honorable. Instead of becoming this shameful abomination. My own flesh and blood . . . Your mother turned you into this . . . I should have been home more."

The large pot of gruel creaked, as his arm was moved back. "I should have been the one to raise you. I had failed as a father, and now our name is stained. In a way I am glad you don't carry it." Suddenly, his form faded and those eating around them jumped, startled as there in front of Sassy sat the infamous white haired, bearded, One-eyed Foxx. He pushed back with more strength, more conviction,"All I can do is make it right." he slammed her arm down.

"TEMPLAR!" bellowed all the Carvers in alarm, drawing their weapons.

Many things happened at once. There were shouts as the large gruel pot suddenly, impossibly tipped down flooding the floor in hot soup; as the firepit sputtered out, Foxx stopped mid-way in yanking Sassy forward, realization hitting him that he was surrounded, then quickly drew his shield protectively, running for the exit; the crossbow hunter brother's eyes widened in alarm at Vergil, as his illusion faded and the long silver haired elven woman in her place fired her crossbow at him then at Sassy; the other hunter brother yelled "TEMPLAR!" with the others, pointing at Vergil, then ran out the tent, as the last embers of the firepit were drowned.

It was chaos in the dark. People were yelling "We're being attacked!"; "Don't shoot! Don't shoot!", crying out in pain as panicked Carvers didn't know who was their enemy, but they heard fighting, clanging of steel, and death throes, stepping on each other as they ran outside, slashing the tent walls to get out and shoving each other to escape.

Battles are composed of Rounds. Each round is 6 seconds long in story time. There is no post order, so anyone can post any time. All the Hp deductions and effects occur at the end of the round, so even if your character has been hit 3 times before you could write your post in, your character can still perform actions, since all the damage takes effect at the end of the round. The deductions and effects are mentioned by the GM, so remember to keep your post open ended.

Back to rounds, each character has 1 Minor Action, and 1 Major Action each round. The basic actions to take is use a minor action move to move to your target, and then use a major action to attack.

MINOR ACTIONS:
*You can also perform any minor action using a major action.
  1. Hide or Find | Make a Larceny roll to conceal yourself. This makes you immune to single target attacks. OR make a Knowledge roll to reveal hidden things, or see through illusions.
  2. Move | Travel up to 1 adjacent area. OR stay in the same area and take cover, giving ranged and area-effect attackers -2 to their rolls against you.
  3. Save | Make a Survival roll to save yourself from 1 affliction. You may spend additional +1 Mp for every extra affliction you wish to get rid of. You can do this for an ally in their stead. OR take an attack you are aware of in a nearby ally's place, protecting them. If the attack was lower than your Toughness, you do not take damage.

MAJOR ACTIONS:
  1. Attack | Make a Combat roll to neutralize a target non-lethally or lethally. OR make a Larceny roll from a hidden position. This is a "Sneak Attack" and reveals you to those with a line of sight of your target, but gives you advantage to your roll. When performed at the start of battle, this gives you an "Ambush round" where your opponents don't get a turn.
    1. Afflict | Can be combined with other attacks. -1 hit. Reduce by -2 one of the following: Enemy's rolls, Toughness, or Spell Power. OR pick an affliction from the common afflictions list. If you choose to deal damage, make the attack with -2 hit.
    Duration: 2 rounds
    a. Bleed/Frostbite
    Cannot recover health until this affliction has been cured.
    Resist: Survival
    Cure: Trauma Kit, Short rest

b. Don't Move
    Cannot move away from place. That includes being stuck on ceilings.

c. Panicked
    Friendly fire on for area attacks. Missing an opponent with a single target attack has a chance to hit a random ally within range.
    Cure: Ally spends minor action to soothe

d. Taunted
    You draw the target's aggression on you on the next round. This aggression can be drawn instead towards a willing ally who is in the same area.

2. Disarm
    No damage. -1 hit. Send 1 hand-held item flying to a random adjacent area. You may deal damage, but make the disarm roll with -2 hit. You may choose to keep the item instead if you grab it, making the roll with an additional -1 hit.

4. Grapple
    No damage. Melee attack. -1 hit. Grappled target cannot speak and cannot move away from place, but can be dragged 5 ft. at the moment of grapple. And then dragged at half speed as a minor action. Allies of the grappled target have a chance to hit their friend if they miss the grappler. You may deal damage, but make the grapple roll with -2 accuracy.

5. Quick Attack
    Can be combined with other attacks. -1 hit. Your attack hits first if you rolled higher than your opponent.

6. Team Up
    Cannot be combined with other attacks. Give up your major action to grant 1 ally who is in the same area as you advantage to their next roll. Ally rolls 2d20 and picks the best result. This can stack up to 3d20 if a second ally gives up their turn for your friend.

7. Throw Melee Weapon
    Can be combined with other attacks. -1 hit. Range: 2 .
  2. Guard | Go on the defensive, doubling your shield's Toughness and adding the hit bonus of your weapon to your Toughness. You may Guard an ally instead of yourself.
  3. Use Item | Use an item in your inventory, or change 2 equipped items except for armor. Changing only 1 item is a minor action.
North Road:

South Archean's Hammer:

Carver Camp:
(Pushing Crowd, those not close to the tent entrance (Isa, Sassy) make DC12 Survival rolls if you wish to move out without getting shoved. Starting on the next round, fighting inside will be with disadvantage in the dark with -3 to rolls)
  1. 6 Carvers ---> Attacking Foxx
    +4 to rolls
  2. Foxx -->Major action: Guard himself and Silver Thief (+4 Toughness)---> Minor Action: Move towards North Road
    Hp: 3/3 | Toughness: 18+4 | Spell Power: 16| +4 to rolls

3. Silver Thief -->Minor action (Overwhelming): Shoot Vergil, Don't Move affliction (-1 to roll, with damage) --> Major Action: Shoot Sassy, Don't Move affliction (-1 to roll, with damage)
    Hp: 3/3 | Toughness: 14+4 | Spell Power: 14|+4 to rolls

4. Hunter Brother --> Major action: Levitate Gruel Pot ---> Minor Action: Move towards North Road
    Hp: 3/3 | Toughness: 12 | Spell Power: 14|+4 to rolls

5. Moss -->Minor Action: Go inside the tent --> Major Action: Attack
West River:

I'll wait for your posts Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle , and Katsuya Katsuya before rolling, you still have actions this round. Felix Felix , hang tight for round 2. Everyone, please include your gear in your post with the items your character is currently carrying inside a spoiler code or anything that hides it.
Health: Fresh | Toughness: 19 | Spell Power: 15 |Manna: 3/5
Condition: 0​

Main Hand: Lance
+2 Combat | Light | Weight 1
Can be "Dual-wielded" when you equip a second light weapon in your off-hand, allowing you to make an extra attack, giving all your attacks -1 hit. No penalty when making only one attack. Made of steel with a staff decorated in oriental designs.
Off-Hand: Steel Shield
+2 Toughness | Weight 2
Round shield made of bronze, bonded with obsidian. The sides of the rim have little cut outs where Moss can rest his spear while his shield is up. In the center is a riveted decorative boss that can be changed with the emblem of the Iron Itsumade.
Armor: Oriental Armor
+3 Toughness |Weight 1
Light leather armor.
Accessory I: Ghillie Suit
+6 to Stealth in Snow | Weight 1
Doesn't stack with the stealth bonus from camouflaged light armor.
Accessory II: Hiking Gear
+2 to climbing, traveling safely across the wilderness, and surviving noxious gases. | Weight 1
Comes with a pair of crampons, pitons, hooks, ice axe, a hooded winter coat that's waterproof, and a firestorm shroud.

Alchemical = 95 | Metal = 17
Total Carrying Capacity: 11/25
Roleplay Points: 3

BAG OF FOLDING:
*Any clothes you put inside will come out clean, freshly ironed, pressed, and folded. Backpack +20 carrying capacity.
  1. Battle horn
  2. Flint and Steel | Make fire. Comes with a box of tinder.
  3. Isa's Toolbox | Wt. 1+2 Forging, building, tailoring, lock picking, and disabling traps. You can also excavate or gather more crafting resources = Artisan Skill Rank.
  4. Lashings | Advantage to Overcoming Difficult Terrain when set up. Rope or similar that's 50 ft. in length.
  5. Ragnite Lantern | Wt.1. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. or 60 ft. cone. Has a hood allowing you to lower the light to a dim 5 ft. radius. Runs on 1 ragnite power crystal for 1 year. Can change color of light. Can be hung on belt.

- CONSUMABLES -
  1. x20 Ammunition
  2. x6 Oil Flask | 1 pint. Can be used in combination with fire attacks, increasing the DC for "Burn" by +1.
  3. x6 Torch: Equipped in your off-hand or main hand. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. Burns for an hour with a chance of being blown out in bad weather. DC 10 to avoid "Burn".
  4. x4 Trauma Kit : +2 to Healing rolls. DC 12 Knowledge check removes one affliction or improves health by 1. DC 14 stabilizes dying character. If affliction DC is less than 12, affliction is automatically removed. Every extra 1 hour performing the medical operation gives +1 to Trauma Kit rolls. Uses up a major action when used during battle.

- UNEQUIPPED GEAR -

1. Worn Seraph Blade
    +1 Combat | Weight 1 | One-handed
    Can be "Dual-wielded" when you equip a second light weapon in your off-hand, allowing you to make an extra attack, giving all your attacks -1 hit. No penalty when making only one attack.
  2. Javelins
    Attack range: 4 | Two handed | Weight 2
    You may use a minor action to "Aim", giving you -1 Toughness, but +2 to hit on your next attack. You have -2 to attack rolls when melee attackers are engaged with you. Uses 1 ammunition per attack.
  3. Kunai
    Can be "Dual-wielded" when you equip a second light weapon in your off-hand, allowing you to make an extra attack, giving all your attacks -1 hit. No penalty when making only one attack.

- MISCELLANEOUS-

1. Pocket Watch | Runs on ragnite. Has beautiful engravings and space on one side of the locket for a small photo or painting.

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
Archean's Hammer​

"My mother was a better person than you could ever hope to be," the tone of her voice was scathing and her face had warped from the cool and amused expression into one that was full of malice. Her father was evidently prodding a nerve, whether intentionally or unintentionally and her mechanical right arm creaked with the force she was pushing into it to withstand her father's onslaught of both words and strength. How dare he speak of her mother that way when he knew just as little of her as he knew of his own daughter! It was infuriating to have to sit there and listen to the dribble spewing out of his mouth when she had left five years ago just to get away from his close-minded nonsense. Part of her wished that her mother hadn't been so dutiful. That she hadn't been devoted to her parents and being kind to everyone no matter if they were Templar or Mechromancer. She wished they had left before --

Sassy grimaced as her arm was slammed to the table but the expression only lasted for a brief moment before her yes went wide and she let out an abrupt laugh, "looks like the jig is up old man!" She didn't know how or why his illusion was suddenly gone, but her already chaotic mind new what would happen next and all of the chaos that began erupting around her didn't distract her any from snatching up the bag that Ignatius Foxx had set on the table beside them. It didn't matter that it wasn't her winnings, she hadn't even presented her bet to begin with. She jerked her hand away from The Foxx as he was yanking her forward and fell back to her chair, grabbing her coat when she hit.

Well, things definitely weren't going to plan, but there was always some sort of semblance of a backup, even if it was made on the go which was exactly what Sassy was doing as she sprung up from her seat and shoved against the crowed that was trying to get to the door, she wasn't gonna' get caught in that traffic jam, not considering what was currently on the line. Her aim was the nearest tent wall and when she reached it, she held the pouch between her teeth and pulled her tactical knife from its sheath amidst some other assorted bobbles on her thigh just below her black tutu. She stabbed it into the wall as the light inside the tent died, letting in a gust of cold air and snow while her knife ripped through the thick fabric.

Just being able to snatch up the pouch containing what she thought was the vault key seemed too easy, why would the infamous One-eyed Foxx bring something so valuable to the table and just set it out in the open? She didn't know and a part of her was worried that it had also been created with illusion which would mean that one of the three of them still had the real thing. Sassy flopped out of the tent and into the snow, rolling until she was on her knees and quickly opened the bag to check if the object was what she was after.

Major - Cut hole in tent / Minor - Move outside
Health: Fresh | Toughness: 14 | Spell DC: 12 |Manna: 4
Condition:

Main-hand: Assault Rifle (Spud), Tactical Knife, Spiked Club (Tonks)
Off-hand:
Armor: Reinforced leather jacket and leg guards. +2 Toughness
Accessory I: Goggles - Protection against the elements
Accessory II: Handcuffs - Can’t have FUNction without fun!
Ammo: 20 normal rounds

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“Round 1”

Drow-Isa grunted when people behind him shoved him out of the way as the crowd went crazy. The disguised redhead gritted his teeth as he landed on his knees, trying to leave; hearing the large pot crash down and the fire hissing.

“Templar! It’s a Templar!! Run!”

”Don‘t shoot!”

”Ahhh!!” Chaos ensues. He snapped his head up, the crowd is starting to blur in his sight. He felt the wet heat from the gruel that’s pouring on the floor like a light current in a river. He could only stare at the thief‘s back, trying to leave too. No-! They can’t escape! Not this time! He grabbed his raven staff that’s under his cloak.

“Ashen roots binds us to our past.” Isa chanted in a language that sounded similar to Sindarin. His disguise burned up and leaving ash behind as it faded. “Molten leaves reflect the blood we shed.”

Isa —> Major action: Elvish chant —-> Minor move: running to the North road and failed. XD
Health: 3 | Toughness: 10+2+1=13 | Spell DC: 14+5+2 = 21| Manna: 5/9
Condition: Fresh

Main Hand: Raven staff |+1 Combat |+2 Spell Power | Attack range: 2 | Spell Casting Range: +2 | One-handed | Weight 1
Your afflictions penalize targets by an additional -1 and last 1 round longer. Mage staff. Enhanced by metal braces to not break easily unless hit by a strong or heavy weapon.
Engraved Runes: Control Weather
x1 charge | (Requires Knowledge 5)
You take control of the weather within 5 miles of you for a number of hours = Knowledge. You must be outdoors to cast this spell. Moving to a place where you don't have a clear path to the sky ends the spell early.
Recharge: 1 ragnite crystal for 1 day

Shield: Barneclaw scaled shield |+1 Toughness. Wt. 1. Made of a giant fish’s scales and dented metal.

Off-hand:Crude gauntlets (+1 Combat)
+1 hit | One-handed | Weight 1

Armor: Light armor (+2 Toughness. Leather armor; Moss’ gift)

Accessory I: Sash of Uncontrollable Dance
Make a Knowledge roll against the spell Power of 1 creature that you can see within 2 areas. The target begins a comic dance in place: shuffling, tapping its feet, and capering , afflicting it with "Don't Move" for 2 rounds.
You can cast Uncontrollable Dance" for free a number of times a day = Knowledge after every long rest.

Accessory II: Necklace of Color Spray
Make a combat roll against all foes in 1 area. A dazzling array of flashing, colored light springs from your hand, sticking like glowing paint, cancelling invisibility and blinding them, with -2 to combat and perception rolls. Blind lasts for 2 rounds.
You can cast "Color Spray" for free a number of times a day = Knowledge after every long rest.

Alchemical = 95 | Metal = 85
Total Carrying Capacity: 13/25
Roleplay Points: 1​

Backpack
  1. Kutulu’s toolbox | +2 Forging, building, tailoring, lock picking, and disabling traps. You can also excavate or gather more crafting resources = Artisan Skill Rank.
  2. Field Medic Guide |+1 to medical procedures when performing them with this book open. Weight 1. A gift from Moss.
  3. Magic cuffs | Liliana gave this to Isa, Sassy, and Moss.
  4. Space Book | a book with extra space for six small items. Inside is the Citrus cream Moss gave him and a letter from the thieves.
  5. Ragnite lamp | Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. or 60 ft. cone. Has a hood allowing you to lower the light to a dim 5 ft. radius. Runs on 1 ragnite power crystal for 1 year. Can change color of light (Isa is gonna have fun with changing the colors). Can be hung on belt.
  6. Ring of Mending |Accessory |Make repairs to 1 non-magical object.
    You can cast "Mending" for free a number of times a day = Knowledge after every long rest.
  7. Tent | can fit 4 people.

Consumables
  1. x3 Vials of Hellmist
  2. x2 Potions of Healing | Instantly restores 1 Hp.
  3. x1 oil. 1 pint
  4. x5 Trauma Kit | +2 to Healing rolls. DC 12 Knowledge check removes one affliction or improves health by 1. DC 14 stabilizes dying character. If affliction DC is less than 12, affliction is automatically removed. Every extra 1 hour performing the medical operation gives +1 to Trauma Kit rolls. Uses up a major action when used during battle. A gift from Moss.
Unequipped gear

1. Ghillie suit, Snow edition | +6 to Stealth checks in 1 specific terrain: Greenery, Rocky, Snow, Desert, Urban, Wet. Doesn't stack with the stealth bonus from camouflaged light armor.
  2. Hiking gear |

Last edited:
- Round 2 -

The Vault Key wasn't there, only materia, including a gold cloudy one. It was at that moment that a sharp pain struck in between Sassy's shoulder blades as at the same time she was shoved stumbling back in the chaotic tent by the stampeding crowd. A staggering pain that dazed her in the dark, as shadowy tendrils erupted from the ground.

As Isa was shoved down the hot spilled gruel, he saw Foxx, the silver haired thief, and the hunter brother stumble at the crowded tent flap as ashen roots wrapped around them, Foxx fighting off six Carvers at once before they too were alarmed at what the heck was going on; a snow covered man emerged from behind him, spear thrusting forward --- clang! --- it struck his shield, and Isa heard Moss curse, before yelling worriedly, "Red! Where are you?!"

It was like a scene from a nightmare. Carvers were hacking at the silhouettes of black ashen roots, lanterns lighting up and waving in panic as no one understood what was going on, only that it seemed that disguised enemies were in their midsts and were attacking people. "We need light! Everyone, except Carvers, stop fighting, get out of the tent and get down on the ground!" voices yelled over the stampede. "Or we'll shoot!"

"Get close to me." yelled Foxx calmly at the entangled silver thief, trying to fight against the grappling roots to wedge himself firmly to protect his comrade. "Kill them all."

In the chaos of the escaping crowd in the blizzard and the dark, Moss didn't notice the one entangled stranger behind him, slash the roots and continue running with the crowd, blending into the chaos, but Isa and Vergil did; there was a dim glow, as the silver thief inhaled, her throat glowing white with tree-like swirling runes, then her eyes glowed stark white as she released a chilling breath.

Battles are composed of Rounds. Each round is 6 seconds long in story time. There is no post order, so anyone can post any time. All the Hp deductions and effects occur at the end of the round, so even if your character has been hit 3 times before you could write your post in, your character can still perform actions, since all the damage takes effect at the end of the round. The deductions and effects are mentioned by the GM, so remember to keep your post open ended.

Back to rounds, each character has 1 Minor Action, and 1 Major Action each round. The basic actions to take is use a minor action move to move to your target, and then use a major action to attack.

MINOR ACTIONS:
*You can also perform any minor action using a major action.
  1. Hide or Find | Make a Larceny roll to conceal yourself. This makes you immune to single target attacks. OR make a Knowledge roll to reveal hidden things, or see through illusions.
  2. Move | Travel up to 1 adjacent area. OR stay in the same area and take cover, giving ranged and area-effect attackers -2 to their rolls against you.
  3. Save | Make a Survival roll to save yourself from 1 affliction. You may spend additional +1 Mp for every extra affliction you wish to get rid of. You can do this for an ally in their stead. OR take an attack you are aware of in a nearby ally's place, protecting them. If the attack was lower than your Toughness, you do not take damage.

MAJOR ACTIONS:
  1. Attack | Make a Combat roll to neutralize a target non-lethally or lethally. OR make a Larceny roll from a hidden position. This is a "Sneak Attack" and reveals you to those with a line of sight of your target, but gives you advantage to your roll. When performed at the start of battle, this gives you an "Ambush round" where your opponents don't get a turn.
    1. Afflict | Can be combined with other attacks. -1 hit. Reduce by -2 one of the following: Enemy's rolls, Toughness, or Spell Power. OR pick an affliction from the common afflictions list. If you choose to deal damage, make the attack with -2 hit.
    Duration: 2 rounds
    a. Bleed/Frostbite
    Cannot recover health until this affliction has been cured.
    Cure: Trauma Kit, Short rest

b. Don't Move
    Cannot move away from place. That includes being stuck on ceilings.

c. Panicked
    Friendly fire on for area attacks. Missing an opponent with a single target attack has a chance to hit a random ally within range.
    Cure: Ally spends minor action to soothe

d. Taunted
    You draw the target's aggression on you on the next round. This aggression can be drawn instead towards a willing ally who is in the same area.

2. Disarm
    No damage. -1 hit. Send 1 hand-held item flying to a random adjacent area. You may deal damage, but make the disarm roll with -2 hit. You may choose to keep the item instead if you grab it, making the roll with an additional -1 hit.

4. Grapple
    No damage. Melee attack. -1 hit. Grappled target cannot speak and cannot move away from place, but can be dragged 5 ft. at the moment of grapple. And then dragged at half speed as a minor action. Allies of the grappled target have a chance to hit their friend if they miss the grappler. You may deal damage, but make the grapple roll with -2 accuracy.

5. Quick Attack
    Can be combined with other attacks. -1 hit. Your attack hits first if you rolled higher than your opponent.

6. Team Up
    Cannot be combined with other attacks. Give up your major action to grant 1 ally who is in the same area as you advantage to their next roll. Ally rolls 2d20 and picks the best result. This can stack up to 3d20 if a second ally gives up their turn for your friend.

7. Throw Melee Weapon
    Can be combined with other attacks. -1 hit. Range: 2 .
  2. Guard | Go on the defensive, doubling your shield's Toughness and adding the hit bonus of your weapon to your Toughness. You may Guard an ally instead of yourself.
  3. Use Item | Use an item in your inventory, or change 2 equipped items except for armor. Changing only 1 item is a minor action.
North Road:

South Archean's Hammer:

Carver Camp:
(Pushing Crowd, those not close to the tent entrance make DC12 Survival rolls if you wish to move out without getting shoved. Fighting inside is at disadvantage in the dark with -3 to rolls)
  1. 6 Carvers ---> Attacking Foxx
    +1 to rolls

2. Foxx -->Major action: Guard himself and Silver Thief (+4 Toughness)---> Minor Action: Resist for Silver Thief
    Hp: 2/3 | Toughness: 18+4 | Spell Power: 16| +1 to rolls

3. Silver Thief -->Minor action (Overwhelming): Shoot Isa (-1 to roll, with damage, afflict with -2 Spell Power) --> Major Action: Chill
    Hp: 2/3 | Toughness: 14+4 | Spell Power: 14|+1 to rolls

4. Hunter Brother --> Minor Action (Fast): Resist Elvish Chant (Cost: 1 Mp) --> Major action: Hide
    Hp: 2/3 | Toughness: 12 | Spell Power: 14|+1 to rolls
West River:
Health: Fresh | Toughness: 19 | Spell Power: 15 |Manna: 3/5
Condition: 0

Main Hand: Lance
+2 Combat | Light | Weight 1
Can be "Dual-wielded" when you equip a second light weapon in your off-hand, allowing you to make an extra attack, giving all your attacks -1 hit. No penalty when making only one attack. Made of steel with a staff decorated in oriental designs.
Off-Hand: Steel Shield
+2 Toughness | Weight 2
Round shield made of bronze, bonded with obsidian. The sides of the rim have little cut outs where Moss can rest his spear while his shield is up. In the center is a riveted decorative boss that can be changed with the emblem of the Iron Itsumade.
Armor: Oriental Armor
+3 Toughness |Weight 1
Light leather armor.
Accessory I: Ghillie Suit
+6 to Stealth in Snow | Weight 1
Doesn't stack with the stealth bonus from camouflaged light armor.
Accessory II: Hiking Gear
+2 to climbing, traveling safely across the wilderness, and surviving noxious gases. | Weight 1
Comes with a pair of crampons, pitons, hooks, ice axe, a hooded winter coat that's waterproof, and a firestorm shroud.

Alchemical = 95 | Metal = 17
Total Carrying Capacity: 11/25
Roleplay Points: 3

BAG OF FOLDING:
*Any clothes you put inside will come out clean, freshly ironed, pressed, and folded. Backpack +20 carrying capacity.
  1. Battle horn
  2. Flint and Steel | Make fire. Comes with a box of tinder.
  3. Isa's Toolbox | Wt. 1+2 Forging, building, tailoring, lock picking, and disabling traps. You can also excavate or gather more crafting resources = Artisan Skill Rank.
  4. Lashings | Advantage to Overcoming Difficult Terrain when set up. Rope or similar that's 50 ft. in length.
  5. Ragnite Lantern | Wt.1. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. or 60 ft. cone. Has a hood allowing you to lower the light to a dim 5 ft. radius. Runs on 1 ragnite power crystal for 1 year. Can change color of light. Can be hung on belt.

- CONSUMABLES -
  1. x20 Ammunition
  2. x6 Oil Flask | 1 pint. Can be used in combination with fire attacks, increasing the DC for "Burn" by +1.
  3. x6 Torch: Equipped in your off-hand or main hand. Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. Burns for an hour with a chance of being blown out in bad weather. DC 10 to avoid "Burn".
  4. x4 Trauma Kit : +2 to Healing rolls. DC 12 Knowledge check removes one affliction or improves health by 1. DC 14 stabilizes dying character. If affliction DC is less than 12, affliction is automatically removed. Every extra 1 hour performing the medical operation gives +1 to Trauma Kit rolls. Uses up a major action when used during battle.

- UNEQUIPPED GEAR -

1. Worn Seraph Blade
  2. Javelins
    Attack range: 4 | Two handed | Weight 2
    You may use a minor action to "Aim", giving you -1 Toughness, but +2 to hit on your next attack. You have -2 to attack rolls when melee attackers are engaged with you. Uses 1 ammunition per attack.
  3. Kunai

- MISCELLANEOUS-

1. Pocket Watch | Runs on ragnite. Has beautiful engravings and space on one side of the locket for a small photo or painting.

Last edited:
- Isa Bianchi -
“round 2”

“I’m okay, Mr. Mumbo!!” Isa yelled back, pushing himself up from the spilled gruel and started to walk over to where he believed Moss was. By the entrance. Gosh, the rushing crowd is squeezing too much, pushing and shoving. That’s when he spotted the dim glowing of white runes as the blur of bodies ran amok. The redhead held tight on his staff.

”Dićipaar~” The eyes of the raven on his staff glowed. He aimed, wanting to be careful.

Isa —> Major action: Dispel to Silver thief —-> Minor move: Reaching Moss’ side.
Health: 3 | Toughness: 10+2+1=13 | Spell DC: 14+5+2 = 21| Manna: 5/9
Condition: Fresh

Main Hand: Raven staff |+1 Combat |+2 Spell Power | Attack range: 2 | Spell Casting Range: +2 | One-handed | Weight 1
Your afflictions penalize targets by an additional -1 and last 1 round longer. Mage staff. Enhanced by metal braces to not break easily unless hit by a strong or heavy weapon.
Engraved Runes: Control Weather
x1 charge | (Requires Knowledge 5)
You take control of the weather within 5 miles of you for a number of hours = Knowledge. You must be outdoors to cast this spell. Moving to a place where you don't have a clear path to the sky ends the spell early.
Recharge: 1 ragnite crystal for 1 day

Shield: Barneclaw scaled shield |+1 Toughness. Wt. 1. Made of a giant fish’s scales and dented metal.

Off-hand:Crude gauntlets (+1 Combat)
+1 hit | One-handed | Weight 1

Armor: Light armor (+2 Toughness. Leather armor; Moss’ gift)

Accessory I: Sash of Uncontrollable Dance
Make a Knowledge roll against the spell Power of 1 creature that you can see within 2 areas. The target begins a comic dance in place: shuffling, tapping its feet, and capering , afflicting it with "Don't Move" for 2 rounds.
You can cast Uncontrollable Dance" for free a number of times a day = Knowledge after every long rest.

Accessory II: Necklace of Color Spray
Make a combat roll against all foes in 1 area. A dazzling array of flashing, colored light springs from your hand, sticking like glowing paint, cancelling invisibility and blinding them, with -2 to combat and perception rolls. Blind lasts for 2 rounds.
You can cast "Color Spray" for free a number of times a day = Knowledge after every long rest.

Alchemical = 95 | Metal = 85
Total Carrying Capacity: 13/25
Roleplay Points: 1

Backpack
  1. Kutulu’s toolbox | +2 Forging, building, tailoring, lock picking, and disabling traps. You can also excavate or gather more crafting resources = Artisan Skill Rank.
  2. Field Medic Guide |+1 to medical procedures when performing them with this book open. Weight 1. A gift from Moss.
  3. Magic cuffs | Liliana gave this to Isa, Sassy, and Moss.
  4. Space Book | a book with extra space for six small items. Inside is the Citrus cream Moss gave him and a letter from the thieves.
  5. Ragnite lamp | Casts light in a 30 ft. radius. or 60 ft. cone. Has a hood allowing you to lower the light to a dim 5 ft. radius. Runs on 1 ragnite power crystal for 1 year. Can change color of light (Isa is gonna have fun with changing the colors). Can be hung on belt.
  6. Ring of Mending |Accessory |Make repairs to 1 non-magical object.
    You can cast "Mending" for free a number of times a day = Knowledge after every long rest.
  7. Tent | can fit 4 people.

Consumables
  1. x3 Vials of Hellmist
  2. x2 Potions of Healing | Instantly restores 1 Hp.
  3. x1 oil. 1 pint
  4. x5 Trauma Kit | +2 to Healing rolls. DC 12 Knowledge check removes one affliction or improves health by 1. DC 14 stabilizes dying character. If affliction DC is less than 12, affliction is automatically removed. Every extra 1 hour performing the medical operation gives +1 to Trauma Kit rolls. Uses up a major action when used during battle. A gift from Moss.
Unequipped gear

1. Ghillie suit, Snow edition | +6 to Stealth checks in 1 specific terrain: Greenery, Rocky, Snow, Desert, Urban, Wet. Doesn't stack with the stealth bonus from camouflaged light armor.
  2. Hiking gear |

Zer0 Zer0 Felix Felix Roleplay Skittle Roleplay Skittle

Last edited:
Sassafras Jenkins
Archean's Hammer​

Sassy had barely made her way out of the tent and checked the contents of the stolen pouch, much to her disappointment as she saw that what she was after wasn't actually in the bag as had been previously revealed to her. Of course it wasn't, that would have been way too easy and actually would have made her even more disappointed in her old man. She was scoffing silently to herself, thinking 'of course it's not here' when a sharp pain caught her by surprise and it was enough to cause her to fall back in the tent with her free hand reaching behind her to grasp the source of her pain before she called out into the noisy and chaotic darkness she had attempted to leave behind, "son of a --- really?!"

She couldn't help but laugh as she said loudly, "if my gear gets any holier, people'll start makin' offerings!" Of course her comment was lost on the room around her on account of the fact that it wasn't exactly a placid and quiet environment but she chuckled again and shook her head, mumbling at first as she sat up before yelling back over her shoulder, "wasted... my comedy is wasted on you lot!"

It was pretty obvious that Sassy wasn't a stranger to magic and that being so, she also wasn't a stranger to the fact that whomever shot her (no doubt in her mind that it wasn't one of the sorry sacks with Foxx) had very obviously pinned her to the spot and no amount of effort she was capable of making at the moment was going to change that fact. All she could do was keep from getting trampled by those trying to get out and those trying to fight Foxx and she let out another chuckle when the Carvers yelled for everyone who wasn't one of them to get out and get down or they'd shoot, "How can you even tell who's who in the dark dummies!? You're gonna' end up shooting each other!"

She laughed again and shook her head, "dummies..." she was already down on the ground so she didn't have to worry about getting shot... at least for the time being, and since she couldn't go anywhere and considering the situation, she decided it would be best to contact L for help so she placed her hands on the ground and closed her eyes in concentration. Even when she didn't offer a prayer to Uroda when she used her magic, she still had a tendency, practically a need, to be in contact with the ground through more than just her feet. She focused on the direction of L, visualizing the Gnome in the camp they placed on the other side of the outcrop of rocks and softly but urgently whispered to her, "plan went to pot. Thieves escaping. We need you at the mess tent!" She kept it short and sweet to get the point clearly across without any confusion before groaning slightly and going back to attempting to jerk the crossbow bolt from her back.

Major - Message L / Minor - Attempt to move: Fail
Health: 2/3 | Toughness: 14 | Spell DC: 12 |Manna: 4
Condition:

Main-hand: Assault Rifle (Spud), Tactical Knife, Spiked Club (Tonks)
Off-hand:
Armor: Reinforced leather jacket and leg guards. +2 Toughness
Accessory I: Goggles - Protection against the elements
Accessory II: Handcuffs - Can’t have FUNction without fun!
Ammo: 20 normal rounds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back